• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Hayato Yaminen

<Identity confirmed. Individual is Caesar Aphera>

>>master input>Confirm identity

<Identity confirmed. Individual is Caesar Aphera>

>>master input>Confirm...
>>master input...
>>cancel master input.

It was him. There was no point in checking more. His reactions, his body language... Even the warmth he gave off... All of this was his, truly. There was no more doubt I could have. For ten years, I had erred, the world a dark, damp place, my feet trailing in the shallow water of this immense tombstone, without a light to guide me. All I could find was the hollow around and the darkness within. Nothing had taste, no soul had feeling. All there was... crumbling ashes, slowly disintegrating as the light had left me. I lived, but I wasn't alive. I had no one but myself to live for, and I was no one. All I could reach out to was ephemeral smoke, strands dispersing in the void as soon as I grasped them. All I was making was a phantasmal trail in a phantasmal world. Devoid of any and all feelings.

And then the light had been rekindled. Suddenly, the world had depth again. Suddenly, I was no more treading dim chilly waters that made me traceless, but walking into warm still sand, leaving an eternal trail behind me as I ventured forth. Suddenly, I was no more a puppet, a fleshling without will, rising out and slinking back into my grave at dawn and dusk; once more, I felt as a young cub leaving the den to bathe in the sunlight, the comforting breeze blowing on my soul. I could see them - I could see them again, those lights called people. The world felt alight anew, brightened, bettered. I did not care about any other of those lights. Only his, only him. But... their warmth... somewhat appreciable. It staved off the gloom, the melancholy of passing days. But his... It was actually warming me.

It made me feel better, I did not know why. But... I chose not to linger on that thought; I would let go, go adrift in this warmth. I let him embrace me. Maybe I teared up, maybe I cried. Maybe did I hug him back...

<System information. New emotion registered. "Happiness" added to the database.>

Yes... I was happy to see him again, to have him back... My father. My papa.

"Papa..."

Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Henry

Impressive. My inner sassman wanted to make a comment along the lines of "Warbly discs. Terrific." but I shut it down. Wouldn't be exactly good for the kid's self esteem to shoot ballistic missiles like that at her. Well anyway. For a teen like her, even if she was a Keaton she had some damn fine control at her age. I could not exactly feel the output of energy she was pouring in her circles, but it seemed pretty stable and not exactly straining on her. Well, better congratulate her than put her down.

"Nice. Sorry for the complete uncoolness of this, but I really needed help. It's a pain to do alone. And to not let you do all the work, I'll just..."

Clap my hands and summon seven other blades, bringing the total of unearthly lawnmowers to twenty-four. With this, it should be done in a day or two... I smiled.

"No, no specific area to avoid, just don't let them go further than ten miles away from the house or they'll get erased by the protection field. Not sure if you are sustaining them in permanence or if they're just constructs or even parts of your body, but in the case you manage to still have them running at that distance, be careful with that. You... might not appreciate the energy backlash."

After quickly stretching my arms in front of me, I turned over, putting a hand on the doorknob. Now was coming the big thing. Getting that house in order.

"Well then. Let us... Start with the main festivities, shall we ?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jupiter
She grinned despite the sloshing of blood into the bucket. Damn he was efficient. That outfit though, it was cute! "Aww, getting all dapper for your family. That's really sweet. I like this version of you better," she teased, looking into the bucket, "Niiiice. Not even coagulated." Jupiter tied her hair up in a ponytail to avoid it getting messy, then dipped both hands directly into the blood barrel. Once thoroughly coated, she brought them out, squished her fingers together once or twice, and responded, "Right. Well. Now, I make some calls really quick and try to determine which demon it is. Walking in blindly is like putting a massive target on your head."

As she began to draw symbols in the air with the blood, she chatted, "So you're a pretty classic rescue hero, yeah? Hell, you've worked with my family some in the past. You were prolific. I wouldn't have guessed it until I saw you like this. I love studying old heroes, and it's something my family really encourages too. I thought you died, to be honest. I wouldn't have guessed you turned like you did. You could do so much good for people - in the light, I mean. You could rescue again."

She shrugged to herself as the spell began and she was surrounded by a ring of red information. At this point, she ignored him, focusing on the information being fed to her through the channels of Hell. Basically, she was surfing news sites and porters and brokers and whatnot.

"Mm... as expected, there are quite a few demons in LA right now. Not that surprising. Lady Seiva was reportedly in the area, but she's a chick so I doubt it's her. She was visiting a different higher-ranking demon... and then... let's see. There's a lot of lower-ranking people, but we're ignoring them. Mm. Aside from them, there's one or two in the general area we're looking at."

The information faded, "So first, let's check them each out. First one is gonna be a demon, we should be able to scope him out at his shop. Devil's Tale Bakery. Seiva visited that location, so I doubt it's gonna be our guy. Lady Seiva actually sounds like a decent person - as far as Hell goes anyway. I doubt she'd purposefully involve innocents. Another one I don't have a clear location on, but he's been seen around the school, so it's a decent bet. Lastly, there's a higher-ranking demon that's been around, from all reports, gathering some materials. They don't sound like they're usually on Earth, so I don't know if that makes them more or less likely."

She groaned and sighed, looking at the mass of blood, "Alright. Let me set this up so that Angela won't experience any backlash or undue effects by us snatching her. It should work for just about anyone save for the major Demon Lords like Lucifer and Belial and whatnot. Which, if it were one of them, we have WAY bigger issues." She chuckled at the thought. There was no way they would do something like this. Way too involved. Plus, if it was, she doubted the angels would have wiped their hands clean of it. There'd be a battle in LA if that happened. Oof. "But yeah. This way, once you see her, you can grab her. As soon as you make contact she's safe from his influence. It'll make it difficult, potentially, to get ahold of Jenny, though. All the same, hopefully, Angela can give us some idea of where her mother is."

Jupiter held her stained hands out above the barrel and pulled forth a massive orb of its contents. "Stay still," she ordered, taking the orb and surrounding Grim with it. It spread out until thin streaks of blood whipped around him like satellites. These streaks formed words, a mix of languages including demonic and angelic tongues. She closed her eyes as her focus shook. Ten years had made some changes, it seemed. Certain phrases did not hold as much weight as they once did, others more. In the long run, it wouldn't matter, but it did make it harder to keep her focus pinpoint. She breathed out slowly. This was for two innocent women, and to take down the sort of beast that would do this to them.

The blood constricted around the man's form, giving a dim feeling of suffocation despite not having lungs, as though it were difficult to get quite enough air in. That sensation lasted only for a moment before it attached itself to his form. Like thousands of pinpricks of a tattoo, it was unpleasant, though hardly unbearable. That sensation too lasted a short time, before fading out into a dull hum. Considering the composition of his form, the marks couldn't even be seen, as though nothing had happened.

Jupiter saw this and chuckled, letting her hands drop to her sides with a huff, "Well... At least no one will see tons of marks on you. Heh. Oof that was more tiring than I expected. Shit must have changed considerably in Hell. Anyway, this should last until you use it on Angela. It would be total overkill for a small-time demon, but considering we don't know for 100% certain, I went on the safe side. Now that that's set up, how do you wanna do this? Do you want to just stroll on into a school and risk freaking people out, or wait until she's out of classes and risk missing her for another day?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Xiard
Alexandrias bunker

1428373228005.jpgXiard patiently sat in his room, or at least, the room given to him by Alexandria. He had awoken before dawn as he is prone to do. However, he was a bit restless. mainly because he had not been able to do his daily 8000 sword slashes. A fundamental part of his morning routine... if not the only part. There was two reasons he had not done it yet, one this room was too small for his tastes, and the other being...he didn't know how to open the door, he saw no handle, no knob, only a solid wall of steel. "specter..... may you open this door?" he asked for the tenth time in the past three hours, and lo. No response. " Well then. I suppose I've no choices left." he said readying his blade. Charging and slashing at the door, only for a Barrier to appear blocking his blade. "....Specter, am I to make a deal with you before I am allowed to leave. I've heard of spirits that trap people within rooms." he asked only to receive a reply of "Designation invalid." sighing. this act continued for another hour before. "Specter I will find a way ou-" Xiard said a menacing aura around him as he prepared to slice the barrier until he was cut off. "Xiard, I have a proper designation. It is Virtual Intelligence Assistant and Battle Operator Namina Version model 7.3, However you may call me Namina" The voice stated. Xiard tilted his head some. "My apologies. Many experiences with Body-less Voices... have been less then pleasant." He said with a small sigh. "Namina, may you please open the door and direct me to a training area?" he asked. "very well Xiard" Namina replied. The door opening Xiard walking out.

Osuka Osuka

Ruru Von Lululian
Downtown

8637d0d811801064ca62be3461c1ddc3.jpg Ruru confusedly listened to the voices in her head before mentally cursing. "Fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK ME UNABLE TO IGNORE CUTE THINGS" quickly she picked up Yami and took the mostly empty backpack and wore it bag against her chest now. Unzipping the bag and putting Yami in. she had made herself a primitive baby carrier and jumped on her bike, pedaling out of the alley. "dammit Ruru. Did you learn nothing from your lessons! I got myself into a pact now!" she said slightly misunderstanding the situation. For demons, A pact was quite scary, it was essentially a bond of slavery for some demons. and in many cases failure to comply could mean death. To see she was terrified would be quite apt. "ice cream right!? Do you want it from that store? I could get someone I know to make one way better?" she asked the adorable creature as her eyes dashed from storefront to storefront looking for the ice cream parlor.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Shade The Grim

"It's not about being dapper...it's being a face they know." Empty eyes stayed on her the entire time, hand returning to his side after filling the barrel with the blood he had collected. He didn't even flinch when she shoved her hands into the barrel of blood, why would he? Blood was blood, he saw more than this in the span of a day, just not in a barrel. He would give commentary, but she was busy at the moment. It could wait until she was done. Her knowing him made this slightly more complicated...he was hoping she wouldn't know this face. Being known meant she could draw lines, and he wasn't fond of that idea.

The more he talked, the more mental notes he took. Devils tale bakery...he stopped there every so often to grab a donut and a coffee. Every Friday, if he could afford it, actually. The owner was a demon? Interesting. The rest of it didn't fully register, information he took in but had nothing to do with it. A lady seiva, other high ranking demons, a prolific amount of lower-ranking ones...huh, how many did he kill himself? Were they in the usual medley, he wondered? He had killed a lot, so good chance, wouldn't surprise him. Could make a bingo card out of it at this point. "If we were dealing with something like Lucifer or Belial, you're right. LA would be in fire, and a full-scale assault between heaven and hell would probably be going on. I'm not an expert on the matter but...I doubt either side is fond of each other."

More mental note-taking. Grab Angela, and she was safe...simple enough. Difficult to get ahold of Jenny or not, he'd still do it. Nothing was going to stop him. Head tilted a bit as the orb surrounded him, glyphs and 'words' flitting around him. None of it made sense to him, all just scribbles of blood in the air. If he had to guess, it was probably demonic, given Jupiters profession and abilities. The feeling of suffocation filled him, something foreign and uncomfortable. An unusual sensation flooded him, animal instinct, panic. As much as his body wanted to freak out, his mind refused. Whatever it took, he would bear it. Then came an old feeling, one forgotten and old...sensation of uncomfortableness, possibly pain. This too passed, and he bore it in silence. By the time she was finished he continued to watch her. "Thank you...for not taking half measures. I appreciate it....How do I want to do this? Do I really strike you as the kind who really cares if I scare people or not? I will not risk missing her, even for another day...But, you said something earlier. I wanted to respond, but I didn't get a chance, you were focused...You're right, I was a rescue. I was only active for shy of a year, but I did a lot in that time. I remember your family as well...I admit, I'm uncomfortable with the fact you know this face as well. I know my secret, who I 'am' you wouldn't even know...I made sure no one could ever connect those dots again. But no...I'm not rescue anymore. Because it's flawed. Rescue's show up after the disaster. After the fire is started by the pyromaniac. After the bomb is planted by the madman. After the extremist cell has done its damage. The system is flawed as well for those who operate as a legal hero. Red tape, the request to take them 'alive.' I tried it...and my family suffered for it. And so, I made sure no one would suffer that pain if I can help it, make sure no one had to face that terror and know that the one who did it might slip away through system gaps."

He flexed his hand a bit, staring at it. "When I tried...when I failed. You're right. I did die. A thousand times over...Do you know I was sent a tape? That I watched them face every sort of anguish a woman can suffer, that a person can suffer? Do you know that I was forced to watch the entire thing, every agonizing moment, every torture, every scream...until I got their demands to make sure it 'didn't happen to others'? I still see it...it's what fuels me. That hatred, that drive to make sure no one suffers that sort of fate. And if they do suffer it, that it's not avenged...I'm not going back to heroics. But I will suffer another thousand deaths, over and over again, if it means I save those girls. If it takes me suffering every agony known, I'll do it..." He turned his attention from his hand to Jupiter, nodding. "I'm not waiting for a day. We're going...But we can't be seen. I can't risk others knowing me. We either take my method of transportation, or you need to have something equally as under wraps." His voice remained surprisingly even through his commentary, no slipping into dark and demonic, no voice crack. The only thing there was a recounting of tales and a steely sureness that this would be completed.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Car Crash at the Once-Farm
In the backseat, over the sound of the horn, the little boy in the car seat was starting to cry. It was that sort of screaming cry of panic, wailing of a small child, but it seemed the seat did its work. He was mostly uninjured, with only a few scrapes and cuts caused by flying debris. His knees just barely scraping against the front of his mother's seat. The handheld system he had in his hands, which was now who knew where in the car, had smacked him in the chin, and that would probably leave a nice little bruise. Glass bits had scraped across his hands, his nose, his legs below his shorts. Honestly, half the time it felt like you could toss one of those seats in a tumbler and it would come out fine on the other side - child included. He was old enough to know how to unbuckle himself, but was crying and freaking out so hard that he could only fumble at the latch like a drunken man.

The mother on the other hand was worse for wear. She had sustained a massive bash to the left side of her head, presumably where she had hit where the window once was. Car glass doesn't shatter into shards, so luckily there were no bits of glass stuck into her. There were only small chunks, remnants of what the windows break into, in her hair. In the tumble, with the way the car slammed into the ground and flipped about, the airbags failed to deploy. After the first whack to her head, her forehead made contact with the dashboard, knocking her out cold and pressing her up against the horn that was still blaring out like a siren.

The doors on the driver's side were royally fucked, both the mother's and the boy's, smashed in and certainly not operable. Anne tugged and tugged, but to no avail with her common human strength. Perhaps the jaws of life would be more appropriate. Luckily, it was clear the woman was still alive, though unconscious. After all, she wouldn't be bleeding so much from her head if she was dead.

"MOMMA! Momma!" the boy screamed, clawing at the device as his voice broke and cracked, tears streaming, "Help my momma! Help!"

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Kyrenka Kyrenka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Jupiter and Angela
Ugh. He sure fits his old name. Grim. Not much of a sense of humor on that one, was there? "Shade, Grim, whatever. Look," she said, magic flashing over her hands for a moment, cleaning them before she set on on her hip, "I don't care who you are. For one, I'm not the sort to even go after villains when they're at home. It's just uncomfortable for me. Let alone vigilantes or heroes. Even if I didn't like you, I wouldn't cause you trouble. What happened is horrible, and it pisses me off that the two of them are going through more suffering right now by the hands of a demon. But. One of them is a teenager, who is clearly well enough to keep up a facade of going to school. She's probably going to give you lip about your methods. Then... with Jenny." She sighed, dropping her hand and looking askance, "Just be ready if she's not all there upstairs. Torture can break some people."

She fell silent for a moment, the topic a painful one, then walked up to him. Jupiter hooked her arm around his, "Don't let me get seen with you. Got it? It'd be a pain in the ass explaining this to Caesar, let alone the media. And also... please be careful not to hurt any students or teachers. I see no reason you'd have to, but I just need to say it anyway. Family members go to that school. Heck, some might even be Angela's school friends... I hope she made friends. That'd make it more bearable... though... that begs the question of how long she's been there for..." She sighed again and shook her head, "We'll check the records and ask her when we get her. Let's go. Drop me off outside and I'll act as a bit of a lookout while you grab her. Then, if you have somewhere to take her, we can go there. If not, we can head back to my house.

1592088819899.pngAngela was sitting across from Amy at lunch. She was exhausted. She felt like she wanted to flop face-first into her food, even though the food did seem alright. Food now was so weird and greasy. Pizza for lunch at a school. Burritos. It was hard to get a salad or a fruit, and when she did she felt like it had been there for way too long because nobody wanted to eat them. So she grabbed a pizza square and dabbed it with a napkin to try to get some of the grease off. Amy thought she was weird, which was understandable. She had met her on the way to school one day when she was crying. Amy hadn't even asked, not that Angela could explain anyway, but she didn't ask. She just gave her a hug even though she was a stranger. Honestly, Angela kinda thought that sort of kindness was dead in these times. It made her feel like maybe it'd be okay eventually. A hero would save them.

From then on, they'd been stuck to each other like glue. Angela was quiet, so Amy became like a big sister, a shield when she needed it, someone to talk to, joke with. Her parents were heroes... if she could just get them to find out what was happening somehow... Amy was saying something about an English test as Angela prodded her pudding side with a spoon. She was too tired to be hungry. Food sounded gross. She'd be forced to eat with that man later anyhow. A shudder ran through her spine just thinking about it and she gripped her arm. Amy questioned it, and she blamed it on getting a shot. Just soreness.

She had learned the hard way that certain vaccines were no longer used. Apparently, Tuberculosis wasn't really a thing in the United States anymore. Later, she learned about Polio getting wiped out. Crazy magic medicine! The church in her time would have probably called it a miracle of God! Killer-diller! She did get a really weird look from Amy for that one though. She was a fuddy-duddy herself now, not knowing anything relevant. She used a school computer a few weeks ago to search up a list of vaccines, and don't even get her started on computers and the internet! The kids of this time were so blessed! She already was an eager beaver for a phone. It was like a whole technicolor television in a tiny little box! She could watch Gulliver's Travels or Fantasia any time she wanted!

The thought of watching a phone film brought a tiny smile to her face, which faded about as quickly as it appeared. She sighed silently and looked down, wrinkling her nose up at her pizza as though it should have disappeared by now. She'd go get something tastier, but she didn't have any lettuce to get it with. People today were swinging around so much money it made her dizzy. They acted live five whole dollars was nothing special! She looked that up too. Five dollars back home was like seventy nowadays. They wouldn't be swinging that around anytime soon.

Shade The Grim

He studied her for a moment...there was an odd feeling in his stomach...no, his heart. Something warm, like a hug from his family...happiness? How long had he felt happy and not have it linked to bloodshed? When was the last time he felt happy because of someone's words? "Thank you. That...means a good sum to me. I will cross the bridge of my family's understanding of what I do...have done when we get there...And if jenny is broken, I'll put her back together. Just because something is broken, doesn't mean it can't be put together again." So ironic for him to say that, even if he didn't realize it. He was broken, in more way than one, but he was far too broke to acknowledge it. "Seen with me? Trust me...it's not beneficial to either of us. This might be uncomfortable, just bare with it." Wrapping his arms around her in what could classify as a 'hug', his body swallowed her whole, and then everything was gone for her. Air, though she did not need to breathe. Sight, though there was nothing to see. Feeling, though there was nothing to touch. Time, though perhaps no time passed in this situation. Travel time? Ten minutes. How long it felt? Perhaps longer, perhaps shorter...everyone was different.

Jupiter was 'dropped off' near the school in an out of the way spot. That is to say, she was shot out of the ground before he continued his journey. What was the best way to go about this? He probably wasn't covered in history books. But then again, he was a player in a lot of rescues and had even worked with Jupiters family...what if he had been? There was no good approach to this. If school scheduled hadn't changed in the past one hundred and nine years, then it was lunch for the students now. Well...dive in head first, just like always. It was hard to explain how he 'saw' the world when he was in it, just that he knew where things where, and how to navigate. Like an unseen serpent he glided through the school to navigate to the lunchroom, circling through it like a hungry shark for a few moments. There she was...Angela. His sweet daughter, his little girl. How could he go about this? Better to just get it over with and leave nothing to chance. The shadow of his presence quickly went beneath the young woman, a hand reaching up to grab her ankle, only to pull her backwards out of the lunch stool and into the 'puddle'. People might scream, people may panic, he didn't care. Nothing was to be left to chance. Within a moment, he was gone. Shadow disappearing, and he was zooming off to the spot nearby where he had left Jupiter, rising out of the ground with Angela, hand on her shoulder. "Angela?" It was simple, quick, a question that shouldn't have to be asked. He was a face she should know, used a voice she should know...the magic should work. Please god, let the magic work.
Deathkitten Deathkitten
Shadow.png

Last edited:
1592098124687.pngAngela
She didn't even have time to let out a squeak before she was in the ground and out. There was a brief sensation like she was getting pulled in two places at once, then... familiarity. Dad? She was crying before she could say any words, gasping through her tears as the little water droplets hovered around her face, her abilities showing a bit at her emotional state. She balled her fists against his coat and sobbed, leaning on him without words. Jupiter said nothing, stepping back a few feet to let the two have their moment. She was happy the spell worked. After they settled, she'd have to look at the information it gave her, try to track it back to the man responsible.

After what felt like an eternity, Angela spoke, still crying and clinging to her father, "Poppa... How are you here? How are you- you're- " she stuttered, smiling up at him wide through her tears, "I thought you had to be dead or worse. You're okay! You're not trapped or hurt or anything!" Her arms wrapped around him in a tight hug, still not having even noticed Jupiter yet, or her surroundings in general, for that matter.

"I love you. I love you so much. I love you. I don't know what happened or why I'm not dead now and I know I should be but I've been so scared and that man is so horrible and we have to save momma!" She panicked at the last bit, pulling away just enough so she could see up to his face again, "We have to save momma! She- She's so.... He's so... just... I don't know how to save her. She's not all there like I am, and I think he likes her that way. She's... like a ghost except not... Poppa, he's so awful. He touches her and is so rough and..." she gripped her bicep with a hand, "He kept giving me shots and I don't know why he's doing anything that he does! Poppa he forced us to act like we were his family!"

12BBCF5C-A6B7-46A0-BCAB-8B3A5B5CA5ED.jpeg
Aia
Interactions: Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Aia had no time to ease her nerves as the screeching sound of a rolling car rocked her eardrums making her eyes shoot to the sight. She watched till her mother slipped from her grasp to go help. Before Anne could even call to Aia for aid she was already on her way. Dashing over to the driver side she watched Anne struggle for a moment before lightly pushing her out of the way. Aia looked over both doors before she reached out easily piercing the metal of the back door with her claws as she pulled hard ripping it off entirely and tossing it aside before turning to the driver door and doing the same. Once that was done Aia reached in and grabbed the child.
Cradling him in her arms, meanwhile her tail moved into the driver seat. Slowly undoing the seatbelt before beginning to coil around the mother. It was slower but it was to make sure she didn’t injure the woman any more. Soon the mother was completely cucooned in Aia’s tail and she gently lifted the woman out before looking to her Mother for a safe place to bring them. Her hands clutching the little boy in her arms.​

1592105908197.pngDevils' Tale Bakery - Nadia
"I'll be certain to be cautious, sir," she responded, bowing slightly before grasping a menu, "I've already memorized it sir. After Seiva noted we would be coming here, I spent a bit of time looking over the menu, foreseeing this possible outcome. I will keep one with me just in case I need to refer to it for notes. Thank you, sir.”

She followed him out and into the main area. Without hesitation, she set to cleaning and straightening things up. They didn’t really need it, but as far as she was concerned it was always best to do it when you thought you didn’t need it. If you think you need to clean, then you’re already too dirty. Of course, doing so, she made sure to avoid the patrons. She didn’t want to annoy them or bother their meal/coffee. The creepy old man gave her strange vibes, like an expert con man.

Any order Shard had for her, she did well, quickly, and without questioning his authority. She was a good servant and this was hardly any different.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

c4dde271f9e033e5b02acb132c617de7.jpg
Samantha
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Samantha gently slid her hands into The woman's. holding tight as she slowly sat down next to the girl and leaned into her with a drunken sigh. Listening to her speak made the frown on Samantha's lips grow deeper before she chuckled. "pff im not drinking for pleasure darling." She said as she slumped down to grab the bottle with her free hand, her other still tightly entwined with the other woman's. Slowly she brought it to her lips and tipped the bottle up, taking a swig that was only big enough for only the most alcoholic of people. After a moment she set the bottle down and looked to the girl before back to her own lap. "Samantha." She said in response to Annabelle giving her name. It was strange to Samantha, how sweet this stranger was being. How sweet and caring she was for Samantha in her drunken state, it was almost enough to help her forget her pain for a moment. As she listened to the Annabelle Samantha's head slowly lifted up and she brought her eyes to Annabelle's as she listened to her speak. Her ears twitching lightly as Samantha sighed. "W-with all do respect beautiful..... I-I was on me way h-home from the baaars." Samantha objected to her drunkenly before grumbling things softly as she rested her chin on Annabelle's shoulder. Even with her blurred vision she couldn't help but stare into the woman's eyes, mesmerized by the slow red and blue shifting of them. Her tail wagged in enjoyment of the beauty as she stared at Annabelle, not hearing her compliment sadly.​

2e9c8ef7687fd361db1543f8161aaead.jpg
Yami
interaction: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Yami's lips turned into a bright smile as ruru turned her bag into a little carrier. Yami's arms and legs flailed happily like an excited happy toddler being put in its favorite bouncy toy as it was set into the bag. Making cute little squeaks and yips of happiness. It looked back between Ruru and the street for a moment before Ruru took off with a happy squeal of excitement from Yami. Throwing its arms up into the air as Ruru raced them down to the street. Meanwhile the images flashed in Ruru's head once more. A unamed street with a shop, the sign unreadable and blurry though very similar, various images of what seemed like a familiar Bakery though which one it was wasn’t specified. The last photo was that of a parfait being set on a counter in perfect crystal clear quality, presumably what Yami wanted. Just another reminder of where it wanted the parfait from and what exactly it wanted. Ruru should have considered herself lucky for getting such a simple request from Yami. Many in the past had received much harder requests from the adorable creature and compared to those, The sweet treat was the easiest thing in the world to get.​

Shade The Grim

He had her in his hands...in his arms. He could see her cry, hear the sobbing, see the tears floating in the air. As much as part of him demanded he break down, give it to himself to finally be overjoyed to the point of tears, he refused...not yet, not quite yet. She needed him, as her father, to be strong for her. "Sh sh sh, I'm here...I've always been here. Poppa's here." He pulled her close to him, kneeling down a bit to be on eye level with his daughter. "I'm not dead...I'm not trapped. I'm not hurt...Poppa's missed you." His embrace stayed around her, a tight hug, his insides flooded with butterflies. "I love you too...my sweet little Angela, my angel from heaven..." He gave her a soft pat on the back, pulling back a bit so he could look at her.

"I need you to take a deep breath, sweety. I didn't do this alone...I got help from a hero, one of the best the city has had in recent years..." He gave a nod towards Jupiter, face going back to Angela. "We're going to save her, I swear we're going to save her. But we need your help. Please...tell me and Jupiter everything you know, everything you can think of." Joy was replaced with anger...why was he giving her shots? How dare he manhandle his wife? How dare he take his family and act like they're his. He was going to set things right, no matter what it cost him as a person. "It's okay hun...I'm going to fix this...I'm going to fix everything...I've missed you, so much. Losing you killed me...for the longest time. But you're here...you're here right in front of me.." He gently cupped her cheeks, his forehead placed against hers. "My sweet Angela...how I've missed you...I'm not losing you again...I'm not losing your mother again. Just...help me and Jupiter."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Darren
He brightened a bit when she grabbed him. He blushed, nodding, "Sorry. Sorry. I was just... stuck in my own head. A lot has happened in the past two days. I guess I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all." He gave her a small, apologetic smile, and followed her along with more awareness to his movements. Okay. Right. Mall. He looked at the intimates and couldn't help but blush again. Damn it. He didn't think it'd embarrass him. He groaned when she returned, "Ugh. Bras are so stupid. They're painful and poorly designed but they still have such a mental image tied to them. I'm surprised though, I thought that would take like ten times as long. Plus you didn't get a bra with spikes." An attempt at a joke, part deflection, but mostly just him trying to raise his mood. As far as he knew her so far, she seemed like the type of woman that would wear a spiked bra with nothing else on top. A pillar of confidence.

"So... For food, there should be a food court in the mall. That'll have a lot of options. I don't really know what they have considering I tend to avoid malls. Too public and enclosed. If a hero tried to cause problems, I'd be trapped, and potentially so would civilians," he mused, knuckled moving up to rest against his mouth in contemplation, "I could use some new pants. A jacket or two... and another shawl. My clothes always get ruined. I'm fine, but the instant someone tries to blow me up, my poor clothes get wrecked."

He took the lead now, moving to the men's section. He knew his size, and didn't really need to try stuff on. He grabbed a few dark jeans, a tight-knit jacket that looked rather non-manly, and then moved back over to the women's section to try to find a cute shawl. At least, he got about halfway there, then got completely derailed and distracted by some mannequins with vests on them.

"Ooo! Look, waistcoats!" he chirped at Natalie with a huge smile on his face, "These are so hard to find at stores I can go to! Unless I want to buy them from villains, of course." He hurried over to them and picked up five of them, hugging them to his chest like he loved them. He turned to her with a big smile still, "Okay! Just a shawl or maybe a stole scarf. I just want something thin." He could barely be seen over the mound of clothes in his arms by this point, but he shoved his chin over the top and pressed down so he could keep on going, "I might need you to grab one for me. I don't have hands anymore."

Angela and Jupiter
Angela afforded herself a quick look back at Jupiter, who summarily gave a sheepish wave. One of the best in recent years? Sheesh, high compliments, huh? Now she had to actually live up to that. Given the fail yesterday, she didn't exactly feel like a grade-a hero. Angela sniffled and swallowed, trying to force herself to calm down from the wailing. Her breath was still hiccuping, but after a moment, she had her crying down to a sniffle. She nodded, brow knit.

Jupiter piped up, "Maybe not in the middle of the sidewalk? Especially since you freaked out an entire school?"

As if on cue, Amy bolted around the corner, drawn to their location. She skidded to a stop, eyes meeting Jupiter's. She questioned for a long moment, but accepted it, they were helping Angela. Something had been wrong for as long as she knew her. She couldn't put her finger on it, stupid abilities being useless and floppy like an untrained muscle, but she knew something was wrong. It's part of why she stuck to the girl like glue. She wanted to protect her. Without a word, she walked up to Angela and cupped her hand. That man... "You're the same one from earlier. You're her dad..."

"It's alright, Amy," Jupiter mused, giving the girl a confident smile, "I had to help save a family. Sorry for the scare. Angela here is your friend?"

She nodded, "Yeah. Something was wrong but I didn't know what."

"Good sense. Angela, do you want Amy to come with for moral support?" Jupiter asked, giving the girl control in this situation. As uncomfortable as it might make her father, when a victim was scared to bits, what they needed to make them feel better was usually just a little bit of control. Nothing big. If Amy was her friend though, it was good experience for her too. She didn't know the connection with Shade. Angela nodded shyly, and Jupiter nodded in return, "Alright. Amy, you'll only stay while she's explaining some things. Got it? You don't have your provisional yet, so you can't actually help."

Amy squinted at Jupiter and grumbled. There was no argument there. She hadn't been able to pass the test on the laws of the region. Memorization sucked. She squeezed Angela's hand and turned her attention to her father. He still had a weird feeling to him, like a turbulent sea... but... Angela was clearly very happy to see him. There were no signs he was a bad parent. Had she been kidnapped? Was that what was wrong this whole time? Did her father just get her back? That would explain the joy. She pursed her lips, "I'm sorry I didn't trust you when I saw you first."

Jupiter clapped her hands once, "Right~! Let's go, 'kay? There's very likely a pissed-off demon somewhere nearby and with two civilians attached to this little entourage now, let's not make this dangerous, yeah? No offense, but with all this emotional stuff, I don't trust your mode of transportation to not be a really bumpy ride." She pierced the tip of her finger with her thumb and made a quick oval. This opened to make a portal large enough to step through, to her house, an empty room to be precise. They had a lot of rooms they could use to privately talk to people, whether they be victims, villains they were trying to get information from, or some media interviewer. It had a couch and water and a mini-fridge. It was comfortable, but primarily for function. She stepped through.

Amy looked to Angela, who looked to her Father for the okay. She was shaking, the effect of crying so much. Tears still made a little river down her cheeks, but there was no more sobbing. It'd be okay. Poppa would make it okay. He was a hero. She smiled at her friend softly, giving her a little explanation, "My Poppa's a hero too. He's really good at rescuing people. He rescued me and he's gonna rescue my Momma too." It didn't matter how long it took. None of that mattered anymore.

Last edited:
Shade The Grim

Not in the middle of the sidewalk? That was...a good decision. He was being sloppy, too excited, too happy. "Of course, off the sidewa-" He was cut off as Amy showed up, head snapping in her direction. Shit. Though he expected the worst, he got the best he'd get...acceptance. "Yes...I'm her father. You'll have to forgive that I snatched her out of the cafeteria...circumstances demanded that was the best approach." He listened in silence as Jupiter conversed with her cousin, discomfort settling in. He had to bring her along? Why? Moral support?...No...no that was fair. Angela deserved everyone at her side, if they meant something to her. He would not deprive his daughter of that when she needed it so dearly, even if he wasn't a fan of the idea.

An apology for not trusting him...how strange, to hear that being said. "It's fine, apology accepted. I understand I was someone you didn't know who showed up at your house." Giving his daughter another soft pat on the shoulder he stood up, watching the portal open up...that was handy, though a bit flashy. "My transportation isn't bumpy...though your request is obliged, you've already made the portal." Looking to Angela he nodded his head, grabbing her free hand and squeezing it softly. "It's alright, we can go. I trust her, so you can too." Hearing Angela's statement caused him to run cold in his stomach, glad he didn't have eyes to go wide. She thought he was still a hero...what would she thought if she knew what he did now? Would she hate him? He hoped not...he couldn't go back to heroics now though. He had done too much, he was wanted by several faces...there had even been a task force assigned to him years ago...He knew how he could afford Angela and Jenny, but be a hero? He wasn't sure he could do that again...

Shoving away his concerns he started forward, hand in Angela's. Provided Angela didn't resist, though she almost certainly would not, he led the way into the portal, leading her to the couch so she could sit down. "Please...tell us everything, dear."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Family Rescue
Once inside the house, Angela was looking all around. This was the first new place she had been in so long. She squeezed her Father's hand, a little nervous. She had to do this. Her Momma needed her. She took a long breath and started to explain. They had been kept for months. She gave the address, but Jupiter quickly cautioned that the demon was likely using a portal, and the actual location was probably not there. It was a common defense tactic.

"I was really confused at first like Momma... like my head was foggy and I couldn't think straight. I don't know what changed, but as time went on I started to remember and realize what was going on... I... I know I died... and I remember how I died...," she went quiet for a moment, digging her fingers into her leg. She didn't want to think about that. "I think the first thing I realized was that the man wasn't my Poppa. He smacked me across the cheek so hard I fell for saying that. I feel like the pain only woke me up more. I realized we were prisoners, and I tried to talk to Momma about it. I tried so many times... but it's like she's barely there. She's barely physical. Where I'm alive. I bleed, I breathe. I don't know why or how but I'm alive... she... I don't know what she is. Sometimes she's physically there, and other times she's like a shade of her former self."

asshole demon sketch.jpgShe looked down at her lap, "He gave me a shot every day. I tried to fight him, to ask why, but if I did he'd threaten Momma. He'd say that I want Momma safe, right? He's just... He's like the mobsters. He's like them..." She started to tear up and cry again, but continued to talk, "He started making me go to school 'like a real family'. I hated leaving Momma alone with him. Even when I tried to tell someone at school what was happening, I couldn't. My mouth would stop working. If I tried to write, my hand would stop working. I couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried. I knew he was touching her. He made us eat dinner with him, with Momma practically on his lap. He was all over her. She was all blank-faced and confused the whole time. Sometimes she'd lamely fight him, push away, but he'd kiss her and nibble her until she stopped fighting. Then he'd take her away to their room... I can only imagine what he did to her there."

"It was just like that, over and over again," she grabbed a paper and a pencil from the table and scribbled down a sketch of the man, "He looks like this. His hair is black and messy, and his eyes are weird. He's really fit and traditionally attractive. He seems to hate shirts... he's always naked on his top half, and he wears pants on bottom."

She stopped and set down the pencil and paper, not sure how to continue. What else was there to tell? What was useful? If it was a portal, then she didn't know where Momma was... "Um... the place that we were in looked like an apartment of some sort, except it looked like it was all concrete. The floor and walls and stuff were all concrete and there were exposed pipes in the ceiling," she explained, motioning above her head, "...Poppa... what do you think he kept shooting me with? Am I gonna be okay?"

Shard and Ruru
Devils tale Bakery

8637d0d811801064ca62be3461c1ddc3.jpgRurus mind blurred as she focused as much on the pictures, And finally her eyes went wide. "....The Seven Layer strawberry..." she mumbled to herself before she skidded to a stop. "Please please let me be right!" she said turning around pedaling like her life depended on it. Policeman yelling at her to slow down. Finally she went into the back allies and pulled out to the devils tale Bakery Back entrance, going to the Large double back entrance shard carried food through she practically kicked the door down breaking the hinges slightly. "SHARD I NEED A SEVEN LAYER HELL STRAWBERRY SIN" she yelled from the back room. She took Yami out her bag and set her down on a comfy couch patting Yamis head smiling. "one second dear" she chimed

tumblr_pl06ljaStE1uocgm5o7_500.jpgShard sighed as he walked out the door into the cafe only to hear his door being broke broke. "*sigh*.....Nadia.... prepare it while I cry over my mahogany doors that Ruru most likely just broke....." He asked before walking in and seeing a small thing of fluff on his couch. Ruru out of breath and indeed, one of his mahogany double doors broken. ".....Ruru, please explain" he asked awaiting Nadia to enter. Ruru looked sheepish and swallowed, then built up her courage and said, "sooo..... I uh... accidentally got into a pact with this adorable fluff-ball. And it wanted a strawberry sin...." Shard just stared dumbfounded. Before nodding closing his eyes. Walking over to a grandfather clock and opening it, pulling out an Executioners Axe. "Hold it down Ruru. You were right to run back here. Having another demon kill the pact owner is the quickest way to get out of one." Shard darkly answered as he did a few practice swings. Ruru gasping shocked grabbing Yami like a mother protecting its child. "Dont kill it!" she yelled running into the kitchen shard chasing after with the axe. "Ruru just becauses its cute doesnt mean i can let it live!" shard retorted

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

1592209925140.pngDevil's Tale Bakery - Nadia
Being able to teleport everything into their correct positions made for a very fast and efficient dessert-making process. And so she did so, creating the seven-layer dish. She teleported out to witness the scene of Ruru and Shard fighting over a small adorable creature. She sighed and teleported the creature gently into one arm, holding it on her hip as one would a toddler. With the other, she offered it the treat. "I can only assume this is what the ruckus is about? This small anomaly? It's not a demon... where did you find such a thing, Lady Rurulian?" she pondered aloud, watching the little thing, "It is awfully cute. Is it a new pet? Do they have a name?"

She shook her head, "Apologies for missing the formal introduction. My name is Nadia. I am Lady Seiva's servant. I'm to aid your..." she looked at Shard for a moment, "your mentor, until Seiva says otherwise. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you. Your legacy proceeds you."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Scile
What use to be a farm
Kulu.jpg
Scile was shocked as she saw a car crash nearby. Before she could move a strange white being ran to the car and ripped the door open getting the two out. "Shit shit.... uhh damnit!" She ran to the white creature "listen, this is gonna sound weird. But let then drink my blood. I'm a demon, I've heard it can help" she said before with her sharp teeth she bit hard into her own arm wounding it. Letting blood drip out. Moving it over the mothers mouth. "I may not have shards blood but I can do at least this much. Dont you humans have those white and red wee woo vehicles!?" She asked the lady in a lab coat.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Kyrenka Kyrenka

31d6ef6d50e2abc2efc91117982f0bc2.jpg
Yami
interactions Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Yami’s smile widened as Ruru neared the bakery, a clear sign Ruru was going the right way. Squirming in it’s little baby carrier as they busted through the doors into the bakery. Clearly excited bruh one imagination as Ruru took Yami out and set it on a couch. Despite It’s excitement though as soon as Ruru let go of Yami it immediately started whimper as it got to its feet on the Couch and waddled closer to Ruru wanting to be held more. Yamis head whipped to a man Ruru was speaking to, looking at him curiously, it’s head tilting to one side a little as it watched them speak before the man pulled out an axe. Immediately Yami squealed in fear and went for Ruru only to be picked up by her. It shook in Ruru’s arms as he chased them around, its head buried into the woman’s chest to try and hide from the axe man that clearly wanted to kill Yami.

Though as quickly as the chase had started Yami found itself in the arms of another woman on the other side of the bakery from Ruru and the axe man. Immediately looking up to the woman as it listened to her speak before its eyes went straight to Ruru. Like a hawk locked on its prey Yami’s big eyes didn’t leave Ruru, not taking the treat Yami jumped from the woman’s hands. Landing on the ground it immediately darted for Ruru, scampering on her 4 hands and 2 legs towards Ruru with tremendous Speed. When it neared the Axe man it jumped into the air Before grabbing onto the ceiling. Yami quickly proceeded to scamper across the ceiling over the axe man before leaping down arms wide right at Ruru so she could catch Yami. Clearly only wanting Ruru At the moment.

Last edited:
Shard and Ruru
Devils tale Bakery

tumblr_pl06ljaStE1uocgm5o7_500.jpg8637d0d811801064ca62be3461c1ddc3.jpgRuru eagerly caught the small fluff ball hugging her tight in one arm using her other arm to point her gun "Silence of the eternal night" She casted her eyes glowing red before she shot three bullets into Shard, two in the stomach and one in the head. No sound was made in the entire room as the axe fell to the floor Shard groaning without any noise, falling to his knees before he seemed like he was holding back the urge to vomit and finally coughed up three bullets into his hand. He then stood up his wound gone as if nothing had happened and clapped. the spell being shattered forcefully. " sigh really now Ruru...... I must change clothes now. Fine, I will allow the mongrel..... for now, Nadia, it seems rather attached to Ruru so please hand the treat to her." he stretched some walking into a closet and back out instantly in the same outfit. " It seems we will have truly troublesome events back to back now.... I should prepare and do maintenance on some of the objects I have in the attic. Nadia, you may need to assist me later in that, do not worry though I shall handle the maintenance of the holy objects. I do have a resistance to it after all these years after all." he cracked his knuckles before stepping back into the cafe handling customers expertly even without the need to teleport objects around, unlike some maids. Ruru putting her gun back into its hidden holster beneath her skirt. " So... a maid huh.... You a demon, or some poor idiot that sold their soul to Shard. I only know of three of Shards thralls..." she asked scooting towards her to let the blonde stranger pet Yami.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

1592280326345.pngNadia
Aaand... these people are crazy. She sighed through her nose, staying still through the whole ordeal, only following the two of them through their antics. She stayed with Ruru afterward and offered her the dessert with a sweet smile, "Are you two always like this, Miss? I apologize for asking, Lady Rurulian, but it's uncommon for... two demons in such a situation to act such a way. I am not his thrall, and nor am I a demon by blood. I am by home, however. I am a half-banshee. A slave race in Hell. I belong to Lady Seiva, and don't tell her, but I'm quite happy being with her. I wouldn't want it going to her head." She smiled, clearly teasing as she reached out and pet the small creature, "It's rather cute. Why do you want to be bound to it?"

She gave another small smile, "I knew your Father, you know. Seiva worked with him closely. He'd be quite concerned about a sudden pact with a mysterious little creature. Understandably so. It seems rather sweet at the moment, but do be careful... for both your Mother's and Father's sake." Nadia reached out and touched Ruru's arm gently, "They both gave so much to make sure you could get to where you are today. I'd hate to see it ruined because of a little fluffball. I'm not saying you will need to, but just in case, do do some research on ways you might be able to break the pact if you need to... If you would like to, you and I could sit down and chat a bit with this little cutie. We could see if we can glean anything further from them."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back