• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Viona looked up to see Corvus approaching. Mom? oh god, she was probably worried sick. She gulped and looked around before just hanging her head in shame. "I fucked up mom..." she said weakly as she approached. "I lost control... at just the mention of a cure.... but the man was immune.. like you.. he knew you" she added handing her the card. Eternox sighed and now that the smoke was clearing some news helicopters were approaching. "...I'm borrowing the help of a friend to do this... I will give us cover... We need to get out of here before anyone sees viona." he said as he drew his sword and closed his eyes. "let space bend and warp. And conform to my will." he muttered before his eyes flashed and he vanished. white lines appeared around the group at an incredible speed before eternox appeared next to them. Slowly sheathing his sword. the white lines expanding slashing space into each other. overlaying spatial warps causing the area around them to be veiled. To anyone not in the area, it would look as if they had simply disappeared without a trace. however, it was simply space bending around them to form a pocket of invisibility. "There.... we should be safe from prying eyes for now... Viona... were both here, and we aren't mad.... please, tell us what happened. I promise I'll take care of everything after this. " he said kneeling down next to her. Viona looked up at him and Corvus before nodding. "I...just wanted to try and help... and then.. he showed up...... he knew what I was..." she said as she looked at her hands... exhaling green smoke. She was clearly shaken and not in a right mental state.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jax

A loud hum came from Alexandria... or at least, where she used to be. In the same instant, a bright flash of light lit up the area, before dimming to a still-bright magic circle under her feet. Jax let out a surprised "gah!" at the flash, and by the time his eyes recovered, the whole fiasco was over. Having heightened senses was not always a good thing.

As he rubbed his eyes, he grumbled. "Well that was fuckin' rude... what an extravagant way to teleport. Wonder what that was all about... do we still have to do the paperwork?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
RONIN
1656875492345.png

ronin stood there for a couple of minutes untill eventually , he got bored he waved at one of the cops standing there , at that point there were multiple cars and a large number of cops so the kid and his mom would be ok if ronin just left.
"alright , you guys take care of this situation , i got a rapist to beat the shit out o-"
his device vibrated interrupting him , he pulled it out of his poket
"a telekenetic , in a museum , i really hope this isnt a late warning , or a damn fake one , that bastard will have to wait then , i need to check this one out. ALRIGHT , IM OUTA HERE"
ronin jumps on one of the cop cars that near a building and starts climbing up , he reaches the roof and begins running off.​

The middle-aged man slowly blinked as his mind was put into a trance. "Magic? I don't know why you'd want to learn about that... Most of us won't ever even use magic. It's such a rarity it's considered a gift by the gods, blessed by their touch, you can tell by their hair, it changes in ways which shows which god had blessed them. If a kid is born with bright red hair, they can spew flames from their hand, deep blue for water, some say those with plant magic have flowers grow from their hair. And of course Life magic glows golden. But again its such a rarity, I've never seen a kid be born with one. Which is why even if a commoner is born with it, they are quickly adopted by a noble household... I don't know how true it is.. but it seems The more magic users in a bloodline, The more often their children have magic as well... Of course, not all choose the life of nobility, Those who are gifted with the boon of magic but seek not for the chains of status don white robes, and wander the world under the title of sages. It was said this city was founded by a sage who collapsed at this oasis and met the grand water spirit. It should be no surprise, but water magic here is worshipped more than any other, especially related to the water spirits, but..no one has ever heard of summoning spirits, only making pacts with them, the water spirit of this oasis was one of the highest ranked water spirits, and all the water spirits in this city were under her command, so...when she refused the call of the ceremony... all the other water spirits left and went back to the oasis.... We worship her more than the gods.. but nobody knows why she won't answer the ceremony, even when the princess does it every day until she collapses... nobody blames the princess... we treasure her, everything she's done in her life has been for our sake... she was considered a miracle child even... I remember, the king and queen had been married for 6 years, and yet no child was announced... We were all worried for the future and then... he announced the birth of their daughter...cheers erupted in the streets. bars empty bottles without asking for a single coin, nobody planned it or orchestrated it, but in the span of a few hours, the city had turned into a festival. Fire and light magicians created colorful explosions in the sky, musicians played until their bodies gave out. and the streets shook with the fervent steps of the crowds dancing... The princess should be still attempting the ceremony now. You might be able to catch her if you hurry to the city center." The man told all that Glass asked, it seemed magic was not something one could simply learn in this world, rather it seemed hereditary to a point, as well as from the sounds of it, the princess was not a cruel woman, but some in this city, no most would probably compare her to a saintess. And yet, not just the Water spirit who made a pact with the royal family, but every water spirit in the city seemingly left, once the princess attempted the ceremony...
Djinni Djinni

Last edited:
Listening intently, Glass nodded along. Interesting. A world where magic was purely inherited and not learned? How strange. This warranted future study... but for now, she had to get control over a water spirit. Step one to that was to gather yet more information. As useful as the old man was, it was best she give herself a position of power to begin with. She expected this may take some time, initially, but the revelation of hair colors being so important made this much easier. "I see. Thank you for the information," she said with a smile... before taking advantage of his drugged state to wipe his memory of her interaction with him in the first place. She was a generalist, so she was hardly the best at such things, but when someone was as stoned as he was, it was easy.

Backtracking to find the white robe she took off, Glass donned it again and did a simple illusion spell. Her hair was now slowly scrolling between colors, with arcane lines shifting between magical sigils across her skin. Maybe while she was at it...

After finding somewhere private, she began focusing on her form and changing it. One benefit of being what she was was that it made shapeshifting far simpler when all her body parts were arbitrary. The shifting of bones and grinding of muscles grew and grew, until a pair of wings burst from her back. The feathers adorning them were a medley of colors, of all shades and colors.

Now then... it was time to make an entrance.

Taking to the air, Glass found the town square, where countless dehydrated figures were watching a single figure performing a ritual. The wind kicked up around the area, and the earth began to quake lightly. Orbs of fire and light began appearing, and the fountain began to burst forth with water. The darkness between buildings grew heavy, and a loud hum began to come from all around, without a clear source. Once the audience was sufficiently awed, she swooped down, winded from the effort but not showing it.

A satisfying silence followed, and Glass made one final, large, frosty breeze blow across the area, heavy enough to kick up dust. "Greetings, princess. Word has reached me that you and your people are troubled, and I am here to aid you," she said, the words echoing through the area along with the hum.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Chrysos was running around dodging and narrowly avoiding the children's "play attacks" Finally as he slid under a fire blast he groaned before seeing the woman save him from his hellish torture. Finally relaxing and sitting down he gave a sigh of relief. "Hey.. I'm Chrysos... Jewels my teach..I'm fine. ill just.. need a second, and maybe a quick pick me up pill." he said pulling out a black bottle and opening it. dropping a silver-looking capsule around the size of a gumball, and tossing it into his mouth. He bit down on it releasing a clear liquid in his throat as he took a sharp inhale and his eyes went wide before he shook his head, "there.. much better.. that'll keep me going for a few hours.. So....Viv.. are all the children here so deadly?" he asked while looking up at her...She honestly looked beautiful with the sun on her back. But he was too tired to immediately flirt. With a groan, he stood up and cracked his neck. making sure he didn't accidentally drop any of his weapons during his escapes he nodded with a satisfied look realizing everything was in place. "My powers luck by the way." He added with a smile.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Princess.pngAt the city center, which was once known as a beautiful sight of flowing water and glistening fountains, but now was only a dry barren dust-filled field of stone. Standing in it was a woman in silverish blue armor, her hair like the open sea, and bright neon blue eyes that shined. She was the princess of this city-state and the last living member of royalty. However, the princess had collapsed coughing up blood. Her attendants quickly rushed to her. "Princess! please, take a rest." The attendant said with worry in her voice, but the princess stood up exhausted. "no... One more time.... I.. can do it" She said wiping the blood from her mouth, she was all but spent every day, she had performed this ceremony until she collapsed, and today would be no different, she readied her sword. And took her stance and began. despite her armor she glided across the ceremony floor, her form was as fluid as water, a flow of blue energy following behind her, with each swing of her sword, the energy surged up like a wave crashing against rocks. the floor itself was dyed blue with her magic, it was clear to anyone from her movements and ease of sword swings that she was a master with the blade. However, as she was halfway through the ceremony, a strange event happened, wind swept up the dust, as light and fire covered the sky, shadows grew deep and water erupted from the fountain. She stared in awe as the woman garbed in the robe of sages descended, hair glowing prismatic, every color of the world within it. and wings upon her back emanating the prismatic glow of her hair as if letting those in her presence bask in it. What was this woman....The elements seemed to obey her like no one else... Her words rang out in her head, this... woman, was she a goddess, an angel? Or was she the devil... no.. it didn't matter.. water was spewing forth from the fountains.. her citizens ran to it drinking it with joy..Even if it was to shake hands with the devil.. for her people.. She would accept any help. Dropping to her knee, giving a bow, she looked down "...Words..can not thank you enough.. for your offer of help...I, will offer anything you desire...just..please, help my people..." her attendants were in shock at this sight. But for the princess, she would throw away anything and everything of hers, be it her life, her freedom, or even her soul, if it meant she could save her people.

Djinni Djinni

RONIN
1656875492345.png

ronin arrives to the building over looking the museum , he looks at his phone again to read the scan

"the hell , a kid , god damn it im gonna have to deal with a kid , why didnt i read this one fully , agh , well , no lethal "force needed" "

he grabs a grappling hook from his poket , and then throws it towards the nearest rooftop , he swings his way through and into the side of the museum buiding breaking though the window trying not to trigger the alarm before jumping in.

"alright you little shit , get out here before i get too mad , and dont bother trying to sneak up on me , i can hear every movement"
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Glass

Well, that was easy, Glass thought as she softly touched down. Paragons of goodness were always easy to work over. "I shall do all within my power to help your people, but I am from a far off, foreign place. There is much I must learn first," she said, her voice still originating from all over the area. "But first, call your people to the fountain. I shall see them appeased of their need for drink before we return to some place where private details may be shared."

Glass was tempted to send out a loud call herself, but truth be told, she'd likely need the remainder of her energy just to provide the necessary water for her people. Luckily, the semi-lich expanded her mana reserves in her many years trapped... this wouldn't be possible for her otherwise. Likewise, her attention span had been thoroughly expanded during that time as well, but that, too, was being tested.

Accordingly, she began to let most of the theatrics die down, barring a few occasional elemental displays near the fountain. "Come, child. Ask me your questions while I tend to their needs, and meet your own demand for rest," she said as she sat on the lip of the fountain, the water curving around her... partially as a touch of drama, but mostly because Glass didn't want to soak her white robe through. It was rather fancy and nice, and she'd see to keeping it if possible.

1664146982383.png
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Casey kemp

A slight nod was offered towards Ada at her agreement to bother the Aphera kid, Casey carrying his otherwise reluctant ass to the armory to kit up, examining the selection of equipment. Something easy to conceal and he could keep on his person...a hand reached to grab a nine millimeter which he inspected for a few moments before nodding, slipping it into a concealed holster. Typically he'd have preferred a bit more stopping power, but he had to go sit with heroes and be the father figure to his kid who wanted to come over and play...he debated faking his death again, but Ada was wise to that by now. And after the bombshell she'd had today, he'd grit and bear it.

A butterfly knife was likewise grabbed from the 'small arms' cabinet, flicking it and rolling his wrist to snap it open only to close it again. Illegal in California, sure, but it's not like he was expected a pat down...and honestly, the Aphera's were just a bunch of goody two-shoe-do rights, he could hide a pistol and blade on him without issue. "Pack just light stuff, nothing a girl your age wouldn't normally carry in public for self-defense...last thing either of us needs to do is try to explain ourselves to heroes." Leaving the armory Casey stopped by a medicine cabinet to grab a few migraine killers and popping them pre-emptively before starting to the garage to get the car started. Once Ada was set and packed, the two would hit the road, Casey creeping the two of them out of the crater and onto the main road back towards the Aphera household. "I'm going to have to look into why the military has this damn defense line around the crater now and patrolling it...annoying," he grumbled to himself, trying to keep some form of conversation and discussion going with Ada.
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Adam Marshall

Adam leaned forward a bit, grabbing the notes and glancing through them attentively, nodding softly as Catherine spoke. "I appreciate it, Ms. Auden. I'll return these promptly after I finish going over them. Good to stay informed about this sort of stuff, though the information rarely changes...not really the sort of field of study that gets new revelations made usually, right?" Resting the notes on the little coffee table beside his recliner he finished his coffee before setting it to the side, fingers drumming atop his leg as he pondered the questions tossed his way. No point in lying towards Catherine...not for the fact of the reason she intimidated him, because honestly she didn't. No, it was genuinely pointless to be anything but honest with her. "A lot of questions there, don't you think? On the subject of time at my desk, it varies. If I have reports to file, it could take a few hours to the day. If I'm working a difficult case, I may not see my desk for the entire day. There's no clear answer to that one. My position with the force is a Detective, as I'm sure you're aware of. Public servant sort of thing. Beyond that, I'm informally the expert in this area of Cali on the Cosmic and Unknowable, and most of that ends up on my desk. My usage of weapon varies, but generally speaking I'm not the guy you see at the shoot out. if I do get into a fight, my only physical weapon is a revolver. Beyond the physical, just my wits and skill, and some magics from tomes I probably shouldn't have read."

Adam glanced towards his office, eyes narrowing on it for a moment in thought. "Fortunately, no one can get into my office beyond myself...I randomize the codes every week, and my daughter can't remember a string of numbers that long. Nor does she know where her dad keeps his keys, so we're fine on that front. Sylvia doesn't go into my office, she knocks if I'm in there and she needs me. Most of my encounters with people are non-powered, or minor-powered. It's usually desperate and easy to fool that end up in cults, and if you're already strong you usually don't fall for a snake oil sale. Most of my cases end up with...'minor' monsters," he gave her a knowing look, as minor was a massively subjective term on this subject matter, "Or cultists. I also deal with regular homicides, arsons, thefts, and other jobs...but if it falls into jurisdiction only I can deal with, I get put on it. As for the more personal stuff, you'll have to be more specific, ma'am. I've known Sylvia since middle school, where we ended up meeting and being friends. I was a regular bundle of sunshine as a kid," he dryly remarked, giving a small shrug. "Not sure how she ended up deciding she wanted to date me, but she asked me out first, and I wasn't opposed. I joined the academy, and she followed after me...ended up being married, and then we had Misty. So now I'm wearing the hat of a detective, a husband, a father, and a 'master' of the occult. Lot of busy time, little less free time."
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Lady Death

Despite the comment of 'Please don't kneel,' it still took Sable more than a few moments to right herself from that almost reverent position, head bowed low and hand on her knee, hand choked high on her rifle and the butt of it on the ground. Though slowly she raised herself, if only to meet her patrons eyes, a gentle nod of her head. "I accept these duties in trade for your aid, Mistress. I'm sure she should be quite simple to locate." Sable seemed entirely unbothered by the showing of 'absolute' power, death itself undone as simple as one might bat an eye, Louie and Vera back among the living, and that thick scent of tempting crimson removed from the air...but not totally gone...it traveled, much more noticeable without the massive blood spill on the ground. "Blood still drips in the air," she commented off handily, looking over to Louie and Vera, and then Samantha and Kallen. Walking over she gave the parent and child a quick hug, reaching into a breast pocket to produce a calling card and slipping it into Vera's grasp...a calling card featuring that blackened rose crossed by scythe and rifle. "If you should have need of me, use this. You'll understand when that time comes, if it should. Please....live a full life, dear? You're so young, the both of you." A smile was flashed then from the 'sixteen' year old...two rows of razor-sharp teeth on display in a somehow sweet but deeply concerning smile before she doubled back over to Samantha and Kallen, more than a few of the officers moving to the recently resurrected's side with Ronin having run off. "I am willing to lend my aid in your hunt. I can smell the blood on the air...between both of us, Missus, we should find the culprit...oh dear, pardon," she mumbled, a thin trail of drool coming down the corner of her lips...those two had such a delightful aroma of crimson, get a hold of herself! Producing a handkerchief emblazoned with what seemed to be her own custom 'memento mori' she dabbed away the drool, folding it up and giving a nod. "When you are prepared to depart, we can do so."
unknown.png

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Osuka Osuka

Hannya

The Samurai reached up, snatching the paper shuriken out of the air without much issue, unfolding it for a moment to glance at the names provided. "My thanks..." Before she could move to leave Aranea had grabbed her and pulled her close, Hannya's combat instincts flaring for just a moment and stopping short of striking the would-be assailant as she spoke into her ear in a soft whisper, brows furrowing behind her mask. And just like that, after that potential revelation, Aranea collapsed backward, leaving Hannya to unpack that information... "I see. I'll look into that, then. Only a dog would so willingly relieve itself on the grave of a dead man...but if you're right, then that is of great concern." Standing upright the samurai made her way into the hall, grabbing 42 by the wrist and starting to drag her away down the hall behind her. "Let us get moving, 42. We're done here." Whether 42 had questions or not, it seemed that would either have to wait another time, or she'd have to squirm out of the otherwise driven woman's grasp. "Regrettably, I will be your traveling companion for the foreseeable future while you are here in California. Try not to need me to save you ever five minutes."
Samurai.jpg
be5de95c33d1a56e13b8e60759defc0f.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

James & Co

Sato tried her best to keep her stoic and steely expression in the presence of her only...no her last living worshipper...her only living child. But at the moment when she tried to ask Thyris if she could address her as auntie, it took every...ounce...of willpower for porcelain features to turn crimson in a blush. Slender fingers toyed with Asano's hair, Sato's head still resting on Thyris's shoulder. "You are practicing...your Japanese, Thyris." Sato spoke softly, an unusual amount of steel in her voice. This wasn't a request, if Thyris was going to so readily accept being an auntie, she'd learn the damn language! And stop being distracted! "She accepts your request...you may address her as Auntie," Sato stated simply in a tongue Asano could understand, continuing on, "I will retain my mask, Asano...but your compliment is appreciated, dear."

Soft 'thank you's' were offered between James and Sato as their orders were delivered by Epherial, James downing the Tylenol dry before shot-gunning the freezing cold ice-water, setting it down on the table before laying his face on the table with a grumble. "I swear, can't tell if my life is a cosmic tragedy or a cosmic comedy," he grumbled, his head throbbing still with a stress-induced migraine. Between Sato's PTSD episode, being shunted somewhere not his own reality again, having to undo the Grimoire's again...it was only day two! He didn't know L.A either! He could call that succubus for a tour, but the mere thought of asking a succubus for help made his skin crawl in every direction. "Thyris, I'm taking a five-minute nap here. Please keep everyone from killing each other."

aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png
851b1011996328721bc6990215bd284d.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Carmen Schwarz

Carmen walked out calmly from behind Tessa once the portal into the cafe was opened, Carmen inspected the interior with a judging eye. Impressively, she could find no flaw in design or style...most impressive. Being of higher-class background, at least from her father's side, Carmen was quite prone to a judging gaze on her eateries after all, especially if it was said to be of 'good value'. Not to say she was opposed to more humble spaces, but she preferred not to have her hopes held high and then dashed. For once, in a rare occurrence, her expectations were actually exceeded. As Magnus made his comment about Elementa's 'lack-luster' attire Carmen couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Truly, Magnus, your perception is without match in the matters of dress code, isn't it?" Making her way towards the table she sat down, hands held in front of her as she gave both gloves another adjusting tug before folding them on the table before her, elbows off the table. Carmen glanced over to Magnus for a moment before looking towards Elementa. "Miss Rose, I suspect? A pleasure to meet you, dear. I'm a...co-worker of Grave Speakers. Please, call me Carmen, if you would? As for you," she stated off-handidly, looking over to Magnus before producing a small tin from her inner breast pocket and popping it open...pulling out a small gingerbread man that looked uncomfortably similar to Magnus, "Would you care for a Magnus-Treat, my dear friend? Do manifest for a touch, if you can do so as well." Was there a sort of morbid sense of humor in making a being who fed off spirit energy eat a specially made treat that looked like himself? Oh, absolutely, and that's why Carmen did it just this way.
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni

Morgan Adler

Gray eyes were practically glued to Sherm and Avro silently as she had made the scalpel incision to an infested wound that had been untreated and uncared for far too long. Panzer Tristan was little more than a misbehaving mutt, and the first step to caring for such an animal was make its owners aware so they could better train it. And if that didn't work? You took it to the vet, and euthanized it. It was simple as that, no in-between. Morgan was a healthy amount of uncomfortably quiet, a hand reaching over to rest on Dietrich's knee and give it a movement that could be seen as a comforting notion, a little squeeze for a friend who was likely socially uncomfortable...though Dietrich could feel his partner's grip be just a bit tight before she withdrew it into her lap again...a simple reminder to behave, just like she'd gripped his hand tight in the cafe when they encountered Raum and he was prepared to launch himself into a fight. Unfortunately, Dietrich had tells, they'd have to work on that... "I assure you, Avro, my intention is not to come and sew discord and disorder. I simply desire to remedy, cure and bring order. But a festering wound cannot be cared for unless the bandage is removed and the puss expelled. I've come to willingly offer my assistance in regard to a particular Ms. Tristan." When Morgan spoke it was like she was entirely disregarding the presence of Kali...like she didn't exist to her.

"As anticipated, you're a woman of similar beliefs to my own and methods. Do forgive my enigmatic nature in my reply, as I do not desire to show the cards in my hand without your agreement to such a matter, but I would like to utilize Ms. Tristan's apprentice to crack open her psyche to encourage the emotional growth she is obviously stunted in. More so beyond that, I would like to request your willingness to testify in the court of public opinion against your murderer. Fixing her is only a simple solution. It is more vital everything she has done be brought to light, to have her name be synonymous with revulsion. It is not enough to cure a disease, you have to make sure it doesn't come back. If you accept my request, I think we have a mutually beneficial relationship we can seek." Such a request, so assuredly insane and the task of fools. After all, this was Kali they were talking about! A titan of sociality, a household name, an angel in the eyes of all and any dissenters didn't last long, torn apart by a fanbase or the media...or Kali herself. And yet, the way Morgan spoke, the cool certainty in her tone, the way her eyes didn't just look at someone but seemed to judge their very worth down to the last speck of matter...Morgan had come here to get things done, and she'd accepted no half or quarter values. She would see her goals through, with no hesitation.

As Kali addressed Morgan, it fell on deaf ears, not a physical tell or tick to read. Engigmatic and hardened in poise and grace, the fine mix of a woman who knew her worth and her skillset, and the pain staking process of becoming not just a good liar...but a master of deception and pulling strings. After all, to fix the world, you had to convince it you didn't exist and that what they perceived was nothing but true. Rather than look to Kali her gaze went to Sherm, speaking calmly her tone...oddly sweet for once, a little less monotonous...not entirely cured of that almost robotic and matter-of-fact tone, but holding the barest semblance of compassion. "Mr. Tristan? I do apologize if this meeting leaves a sour taste in your mouth, sir...but I suspect you may have known this and sought not to accept it. However...you are a man of value, beliefs, and skill, so I believe you will be able to cross this hurdle like you have many others. Do I likewise have your willingness to help? At the very least to cease repairs of Ms. Tristan's suit and freeze any assets she may have with your company."
779733b0db9d81684f89d5d6319f1e54f8855024r1-614-671v2_uhq.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Ariah & Thomas Black (and a lil Mary!)

The A.I gave a steady nod to her father figure, replying calmly and gently. "I understand you're stressed and you hate all of this, but us acting rashly is how we make mistakes. Think before we leap, right? I'm doing what I can now, I'll let you know what I find out. I just you to not lose your cool about this. It's bad enough Dr. Black is under such duress, let's not make it contagious, right? Level heads will prevail. It'll...be really nice to see him again, though. I remember he used to be really fun to be around. It's sad to hear that part of him might be down in the dumps or missing."

Thomas removed the hand from his eyes to allow the light from the ceiling to grace his vision again, looking at the gathered faces around him, working his jaw side to side steadily. "Thank you...all of you," he said, addressing his old mentor, the college kid, and Tabby as one hand stayed glued to Selene's shoulder. "We should get moving though...I don't know what sort of timer we're on, and if Tabby ends up getting asked where the heck we are, she's going to have to cut visits really short." Thomas stood up and gave his old teacher a clap on the metal shoulder before hurrying out of the room to head to the Dantiff residency with Tabby at the wheel...

Mary watched the door open and shut, looking over to her teacher with a steady nod. "Right! How can I help? I don't know the full extent of what's going on, but I feel like you're in the same boat as me in that regard, Dr. Bohmer. Not sure what all I could do for you with a 4.0 GPA and a college kid budget, but I'm happy to help sir."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Corvus

The plague doctor was silent for a long while, weighing everything going on, even as that orb of black in her hand continued to siphon the toxin from the air into tendrils that branched from the orb, sucking in the death that clung to the air as if it was a delicious treat. "My dear Viona...I'm not mad at you, I'm just worried. Let me see that card," she paused, tucking her staff beneath her arm and holding the card in her hand, turning it over slowly...a white horse and the rider on it's back, the name clearly emblazed on the card... Pestilence, One of Four. Corvus was uncomfortably silent, her mind grappling with the information it was being fed. How does one process the implications of this? How did one respond to those implications? Her adoptive daughter was a mess, she had to be strong...but what was the approach she should take here? "Viona...darling. I can clean up the park, and we'll find a way to explain this away, I assure you. But right now, I must ask...I must know..." Corvus paused, those empty eyes of the bird mask staring at her daughter intently... "Did you make any deals? Please tell me you've not done so..."
Corvus_Sketchy.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Time skip! It is now October 31st, 2058 at 10:00am in Los Angeles. It has been over a month.

1669438458053.pngOn the police scanner, the following can be heard for any Superheroes looking for potential jobs: (colored by urgency - red > yellow > green)

Red
1 - Miners have risen from old gold mines and are attacking people for their jewelry. ( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles )

2 - Old one’s minion spotted causing problems.

3 - Eternal fire discovered, please retrieve before villains.

4 - Reports of a cursed mask possessing people. ( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles )

Yellow
1 - Fifth murder of the month, serial killer suspected, requesting hero aid.

2 - Crazed collection of poltergeists.

3 - Eldritch cult activity.

4 - Visiting evil yokai causing problems.

Green
1 - Purple fire in a mall, can’t be put out.

2 - Burglary alarm set off in lab near coast.

1669438791592.pngPoltergeists in the Wild West Mall
An old outdoor mall themed for the wild west is being haunted by no fewer than eight poltergeists that have suddenly appeared. All of them seem to be very powerful and are causing a lot of havoc for the Halloween attraction. To avoid further injuries, the police have called in superhero backup. The poltergeists are unwilling to cooperate or speak to police. It looks like a bomb went off. Wagon pieces are strewn about, the well has a chunk of its roof torn off, and there are splatters of blood here and there from people getting injured. Police have maintained a perimeter and evacuated most civilians.

1669439545916.pngKitsune Chaos
1669439577157.pngThree beautiful kitsune, two women and one man, are causing some havoc at a pet store. They have commandeered the entire building and have are holding people hostage. They seem to be enjoying the chaos, and have released all of the animals inside. Puppies, kittens, rabbits, and some more exotic animals are now running wild in the building as the kitsunes enjoy alcohol on top of the counter. They aren't allowing any police inside and have threatened to harm people. Police have created a small perimeter, but there are not many police available in the area.
1669439642081.png

1669443113348.pngEternal Fire
There has been an eternal fire discovered to the south near the border with Mexico. Despite the distance, a call has gone out for heroes in the San Diego and Los Angeles areas. Eternal fire can be used for potions of eternal youth but can just as easily be used for nefarious things as well such as unending curses. Given the threat, there is a sense of urgency for heroes to acquire it before villains do. Some sort of means of getting through the fire as well as some way to contain the fire is required.

The fire, which glows brightly and angrily, appeared out of nothing in a car shop in the Chula Vista area. It has consumed cars in a terrible fire and explosions have been seen as cars burn to a crisp. The core of the fire sits inside this inferno, eternally fueling it until it can be contained.

1669444597774.pngSerial Killer
Since the beginning of the month, there have been five murders from what police are now calling a serial killer. Each killing shares the same M.O. and has been extremely violent. The killer has not been caught.

This time is no different from the last. A lone female was killed in her home, blood soaking into the walls and floor, the body not recognizable. She was cut to pieces. Despite bloody footprints leaving the scene, no one has been arrested for it. The non-powered police have been at a loss.

1669447416925.pngPurple Fire
A strange purple fire has been set off in a Los Angeles mall. It has contained itself to only the Build-a-Bear store, but the fire department has thus far been incapable of putting it out. As a precaution, the section of the mall has been cordoned off and police and fire are on site. From security cameras, there was a young teen dressed in a black hoodie and sweats that tossed a small container into the store that started the fire as it shattered. Thankfully, no one has major injuries, and the employees of the store were able to get out. Flames licked at the glass entrance of the store, flicking through any gap it could, but did not move past an invisible line.

1669451155118.pngPharmaceutical Lab Alarm
A pharmaceutical lab on the coast has had its burglary alarm go off. No one is currently in the lab except security personnel, and they are not responding to calls. The company has a strict hero-only response rule, as they are one of few companies that handle dangerous poisons. This is for the safety of the local police force. The lab in question is half above ground, half underground, and is a large metal and concrete structure with strict safety rules. The location, however, is eerily quiet. While there are a few cars in the parking lot, no one is in sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back