• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Summoner

There was a flickering moment of realization that danced across James face, the blonde seeming to experience all seven stages of grief in the span of point five seconds. "Ah fuck," he grumbled. As the trio once again popped into the mountain that had been shorn of its top, any and all sense of relief and relaxation that had been in James' mind and soul completely disappeared. Once again that temple could be seen throbbing at the side of his skull as he stared towards Scile deep in combat with Thyris. All around them, Sato's storm continued to rage, thunder still rolling overhead as lightning crackled in the sky above. And on the ground, on her knees, was Sato who seemed to have gone completely still. Well...perhaps not still, she was trembling ever so slightly where she knelt on the ground, muttering beneath her breath. James wasn't a psychologist, but if he had to guess she was having flashbacks or...something, he wasn't certain.

Attention snapped back to the fight, James starting to march towards the raging battle with an all too familiar look on his face for any of those who knew him. James had hit his breaking point, and he was done for the day. "YOU! DEMON!" Continuing to walk forward he ignored the fact a strike of lightning nearly nailed him, nailing the ground right where he had been standing moments ago as he walked forward as if to backdrop him. "I'LL USE SMALL WORDS, BECAUSE I'M GUESSING YOU'RE NOT BRIGHT! LEAVE. THE LADY. ALONE. YOU GET FIGHT. LATER! WE ARE. DEALING WITH. PROBLEM." James kept his words short and simple, likewise for his sentences as he glanced at Thyris, veins in his temple throbbing. Reaching into the satchel at his side he flipped open Thyris's tome. "Summon you back, promise. Dispell; Guardian of the Sea." Without so much as permission James utilized the Grimoire to remove Thyris from the scene and get rid of the giant red moron's chance for combat. "Do you have ANY sense of awareness, or do you only understand the concept of PUNCH, KICK, HIT!? I swear to god why is it every other demon I've met has exactly four brain cells and THREE OF THEM DON'T WORK! IF YOU WANT A FIGHT, FINE, WE'LL DO THAT LATER. WE'RE. BUSY." James was getting that twitch in his eye again...why did he feel light-headed? Glancing at Thyris's Grimoire he held a hand at his side, channeling the magic in the tome to place the Leviathan at his side. "Summon, Guardian of the Sea. Thyris, please check on Sato, pretty sure she's having a mental breakdown and I'd rather not get stabbed again today." James tone continued to rubber band, polite and respectful with Thyris and then vitriol with Scile. It wasn't even the end of the day and he was having a migraine.
james_angry.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

~Dietrich~
1650850318666.png Staring at their no longer crackling air conditioning unit with suspicion, he wondered aloud, "How on Earth did she use the A/C to leave?" Drawing closer, he examined it. "Is it connected to the Wifi?" He prodded at the buttons before giving up. That was the thing about him and these new technology powered creatures, he didn't always understand how their powers worked. Sure, he was alive to watch everything change, but the slow change from 1920 to 1980 was different from the sudden and rapid boom since then. Every time he finally grasped something everyone else had already moved onto the next invention. Like the pager to the smart phone. The stares he got from some of Chronos's members whenever he texted was obvious enough that he was behind the curve. Morgan had told him it was because of the way he typed but he still didn't really get it.

Turning to Morgan, he asked, "Do you think she can change into other forms too, or just those two?" How one could only change between two human forms and not multiple was beyond him, but he knew it was more common than not. Like those...what were they called? Magical Girls? Yeah, like those.

It didn't really matter. The woman had caught Morgan's attention, that much was obvious. The redheaded woman wouldn't rest until she got as much information on this 'Syssel' as possible; and who knew? Maybe they'd find out her real name. Heaving a sigh, he made his way back over to where his discarded suit was. Still wearable. Lucky for him the fall didn't wrinkle the suit. They still had a meeting to attend after all, so Dietrich wasted no time and getting prepared for their next meeting. After a moment, the blond spoke again, "Do you plan on using her?" That ability of hers to travel was pretty impressive and definitely useful, but for the life of him he still couldn't understand why Morgan would need Syssel for information when Chronos and herself were quite capable themselves.

Connections matter. Rummaging through his bag, he found a bottle of cologne to use. Right, the more allies we have the better standing we have. Maybe they wouldn't be able to get anything worthwhile from Syssel and her methods, but at least they'd gain an accomplice. Maybe even an ally if they played their cards right. And she already seems quite fond of Morgan. Finishing up, he replayed their surprise meeting over in his head as Morgan got ready herself. Once she was done, Dietrich smiled and held out his elbow. "Shall we be going?"

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan and mentioned Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Syssel))

Eternox was about to give a bow until the hero known as jewels kick collided with his crotch, Causing him to stumble before slowly collapsing on the groun in pain curled up holding his crotch. "ahhh. ahhhh. M-my apologies." He said his voice an octave higher than it had been before. "I was... Commissioned to help you with this project, by... our mutual associate" He groaned out with a weak noise of pain. "As Such, my... imprisonment has been, rescheduled..." He added. Chrysos apologizing some as he put his guns away "I uhh sorry, insticts..."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Selene.pngTabby and Selene
Tabby sighed. That was close. It was always close. This damned job. "The kid is fine," Tabby said, giving the unconscious goddess child a glance, "Still breathing. Unconscious like we needed. Maybe a little bit more roughed up than necessary, but, eh. It's fine." She touched Thomas's back, leading him to the car, "C'mon. I need to call in this stuff, and I don't want Selene to run out of the car like the squirrelly little brat she so desperately tries to be."

Entertainingly, Selene was now facing backwards, her ears flat, and she just about jumped out of her skin when they opened the door.

"Dad!" she squealed, squeezing him with as tight a hug as she could manage, "Dad you turned into a monster!!"

"You turned around when you realized he didn't have clothes?"

"Mhm. I realized while he was getting smaller," Selene said, sniffling, "So I turned around. I don't wanna see that. That's gross."

"Well at least that's one less thing to worry about," Tabby groaned, sitting in the driver's seat. She held up her finger for them to be quiet as she radioed in the situation, "Target secured. Beast secured. Leaving a ping at current location. Permission to leave?" There was a tense couple of seconds before the response came through, Understood. Request denied. Stay at location until target is picked up. "Understood."

"Damn it," she grumbled, and looked back at Selene, "When people come, you stay quiet. If they come in the car, hide under the tarp again. Thomas, you'll have to help her hide if it comes to that."

Selene nodded, still clinging to her father, "I'm sorry I followed you again... it's hard to say no to the voice sometimes... I missed you."

Tabby sighed, "That is such a problem. We need to figure out what this voice is and how to get rid of it. No use dwelling right now though. Let's focus on something else. Selene said she hasn't gotten properly tested."

"Nope!" Selene chirped in response, "I usually hide. I'm scared of doctors, and... I'm scared I won't be as strong as I hope I am. I don't want it to be a bad test result. I don't wanna fail it."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
bells.pngBells
"Holy crap... you're fast...," Bells panted after she had come to a stop on the same beach they left off on. She put her hands on her knees, then flopped back arms outstretched. Damn it. So out of breath. She glanced at Mary and the trench she dug with her feet when she came to a stop. Water soaked in from the sides to create a little tide pool. She hefted herself up on her elbows, "Woah girl, calm down. Breathe."

"You win, obviously. Never seen someone break that barrier before. I'm damn impressed... and out of breath. Ugh, I need to exercise more. No more shouting, please," Bells motioned for her to come closer, "Come here and gimme some cuddles so I have a snack, please? Or a kiss. A kiss would work, but given your... you-ness, I doubt that'd be on the table. I'm exhausted and I blame you. You really are so fast. I went all out and tried to catch up but couldn't. Absolutely nuts. How's going lightspeed feel?"

Last edited:
muse.jpgMisty, Muse, and Dunnie
M&M was quick to calm down to a pout, no longer actively crying by the time they got outside of the cave. She was still clinging to her dad, though, and sniffling trying not to get snot everywhere. She turned to look at Muse, who gave Misty a wave.

"Hi there Misty!" Muse said, her hand going back to pet the top of Dunnie's head. Dunnie's hair tried to curl and cling to Muse's skin, and Muse was trying really hard not to cringe openly about it, "I'm happy you and Dunnie are okay."

Misty nodded, "Hi Muse... Dunnie are you okay? I lost you and you're still in that form. I doubt that's good for Muse to be near."

"Don't worry about me! All I have is a little headache. It'll be okay," Muse placated.

Dunnie looked down, "Sorry... I got scared..."

"It's okay! I should've listened to you!" Misty shook her head hard before tucking it back onto her dad's shoulder.

Sylvia answered on the second ring of the phone, and the sigh she let go of was loud, "Okay. Don't worry about bringing home work. It's fine. I'm just happy Misty's okay. Thank you, hon... Misty is so getting TV time taken away for this stunt. I'm so mad at her... and... relieved she's okay. Get home safe."

Last edited:
Asano Fumi.pngAsano and Vice
Vice was pretty much unphased by any of this. It didn't matter a whole lot to her, though the isolated thunderstorm was kinda cool. She wanted to be nice to these people and care for them, especially James, but she didn't know any of the others to truly care enough yet... Plus Sato literally stabbed James earlier so she was kinda salty toward her. Vice made it so the rain didn't drench her, and she did the same for James as he rampaged at the two scary women. The dispelling of the grimoire made her shudder though. That was... kind of a horrifying thought. What would that feel like for her? Today was just weirder and weirder. Hell, this whole week was a total mess so far.

The child Sato had flown here to save was shaking by a wall absolutely drenched to the bone.

The poor kid was shuddering from both cold and fear, having witnessed the two idiots fighting like maniacs... not to mention the mountain getting destroyed, people getting stabbed, her goddess having a breakdown- Yeah, Asano was terrified, and everyone had been too busy so far to notice her. Sophia had moved the other civilians before, but since Asano wasn't in that group, it seemed she didn't get included. She was crying silently, not that anyone would hear her over the noise of the rain, the thunder, and all the shouting and fighting anyway.

Vice tugged on James's shirt and nodded the kid's direction, speaking in hushed tones, "Isn't she like... the reason for all this? What are we supposed to do about the kid? It's... not like she has family here, and she looks totally frozen - we're on a mountain and it's raining - and Sato cares about her a lot, I think? I'm still kind of at a loss on the dynamics of everything, but that's what I've picked up from this mess. But, Sato is kind of... having a breakdown and hasn't snapped out of it and started caring for her kid yet... so... um..." Vice scrunched her face and shrugged, faffing her hands about, "What now with the kid?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Chutes.jpgChutes
Chutes blushed, one ear up, the other down as he stared at his sandwich in his hands with a derpy smile on his face, "I'm the epitome of nervous. I don't mind being teased. Believe me, you're far nicer than many people I have to deal with." Her tea appeared out of thin air, floating down to the grass beside her on a silver tray as though lifted by a delicate wind. "It's wrest with a w by the way," he said, then caught himself and coughed on a piece of sandwich, "Sorry! Sorry. That's not a comment for you. Just... erm... one for... nevermind." Being aware that you are a character in a story was NOT something he was willing to tell on his first date ever. Nope. No thanks. No mind-breaking today, thanks.

He changed the subject, moving on to Agas, "Oh I don't think she's that bad, honestly. Not the control thing, but the enraged part. She... oh I don't know. She seems like someone who wants the best for people as a whole but doesn't care too much about what the individual thinks. It's not just a job for her. Or, that's how she comes across anyway. She sure thinks loud though. I'm trying not to invade your privacy by hearing your thoughts but she makes it positively impossible." Chutes took a long sip from a glass of water, stared at it, then added a few more ice cubes from nothingness to it and drank again. His ears twitched to show his satisfaction with the newly cooled beverage.

"Anyway, I don't mind it, hones-well. I can't really say I don't mind it at all. I like privacy. I don't want to annoy her or inconvenience her, however. She's just as important as you if you ask me," he explained, finishing off one half of his sandwich with a final massive bite. It took him a moment to get it down, which made him blush again, and he cleared his throat, a hand brought up to his lips in a loose fist to cover his mouth.

"Since you two are a package deal, as it were, I want her to be just as comfortable as you," Chutes continued, leaning back to rest on his hands, looking up at the dramatic sky above them, "I can temporarily separate you two and give her her own physical form for this date though if you'd like. Even with tastebuds! So she can enjoy the food too. If not that's cool too, I just want the option to be available." He closed his eyes and allowed his soul to be seen, the strange thing that it was, "I do hope I don't offend you too much, Agas. My past isn't perfect, and I know that. 500 years is a long time to make no mistakes. I have no parents - I came into existence without any - so I had no guiding figures. All the same, you can trust me, and I think you know that's true, as I imagine like this you can see if I lie."

"The first person that ever died by my hands was a complete accident. The first twelve were. I was afraid, alone, and far too strong for a child to ever be, especially without guidance. Some people, as you know, would like to take advantage of a scared child. I didn't know my own strength. I didn't even know how to talk yet, and I wanted them to leave me alone. I didn't want to go with them, they were bad people. Still, I didn't want them to die... not that I really understood death yet either. But I can't say that there haven't been times throughout the years that I used my abilities selfishly. I hope that it isn't bothersome to sense for you two."

ada.jpgSean and Ada
"I'm not hungry," Sean said simply, following Casey out to the car, with Ada trailing behind like a puppy with its tail between its legs.

The drive to Sean's house was uneventful, normal, LA traffic, but it was painfully quiet. Sean said nothing the whole ride, and instead stared out the window with his hand holding up his chin on the door. He gave a wave when he left, along with a sigh, before he turned around and stuck his head in the window. "I'm pissed right now but I recognize it is not your fault that your life is what it is," he said, leaving the unsaid words of it being her father's fault for purposefully dragging her into this business hanging in the air. "I'll text you. Okay?"

Ada nodded quickly enough her head blurred, and Sean jogged off to his front door.

She clambered into the front seat and hugged her knees to her sore body, beginning to cry a little. Ada turned her head to look at her dad, "Is that how people are supposed to react? Most people probably react even worse... but if he reacted worse he wouldn't be alive right now... so I guess I'm lucky for that... Dad, this... this sucks. What if he hates me now?"

Oracle.jpgOracle
"Not everyone has a bunch of other senses!" Oracle shouted, flipping around and floating backward to try to give herself at least a couple of feet of distance. She held her hands out, "Sight is the most useful sense right now. This high up, the winds are too loud for me to hear anything - I have normal hearing, not amplified." Oracle grimaced and the eight coalesced into one once again. Sensing the mana flow in the air would be one option, but she wasn't practiced enough to sense it clearly in a fight - especially not against another mage, and especially especially not when there was so much magic being flung about.

The ring began to spin vertically in front of her hands until it was a blur, a process that only took a few seconds. Then, in a snap, it burst out light like a flash grenade, probably bright even to those on the ground below. If she couldn't hit directly, then an AoE would have to do. Following up the flash of light, Oracle pulled her hands out to her sides and with it drew out a blast of scorching fire reminiscent of the sun's flares from the spinning disc. It made a fireball fifty feet in radius, extremely hot, and again very bright.

Blessed Death

As Tessa rushed around the room to carve runes, Carmen continued to flex her wrists and twitch or flick her fingers through the air, her wires weaving around Tessa and Magnus with supernatural grace and ease. Indeed, the only one at risk was her target at the moment. "You're far more forgiving than I am, Gravespeaker. Though well within your time limit." Carmen folded a hand behind her back as the other rested in the air above her, one leg ever so slightly crossed in front of the other from her position on the stairs, the faintest glimmer as light caught on her wires which had now twined around her in a shifting ouroboros, just in case. Fortunately, it ended up being an unnecessary precaution, Tessa's plan a success. "Well, you seem to have incapacitated the brute. Do as you see fit then, Gravespeaker. There's still the means of the souls trapped in this building, but if you should wish it I can offer them counsel and assist them in passing on. A spirit should have a chance to reach whatever after-life it seeks, wouldn't you agree?"
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni

Wildcard
You bitch you forgot about me!

It was supposed to be a super simple job. Get the artifact for Death, get a kiss on the forehead for doing so, call it a day! But here he was, christ knew how long, one hand on the artifact he'd been stuck in this terrible pocket dimension doing a collection of trials to get his grubby mitts on I wash my hands thank you very much and the other hand clutching an entire fistful of horse tranquilizer needles. Was it cheating to literally drug and subdue the competition? Probably not, she was a demon, she'd be fine he was sure. "Took their sweet fucking time with this one- ahem...sorry, one moment." Wildcard cleared his throat, tossing the collection of syringes over his shoulder, that cursed demon sword STILL lodged in his abdomen, decaying and destroying his body just as quickly as it put itself together. "Zim, buddy, pal. You're killing the mood. Can you stop trying to destroy me? Hey, missus artifact ladyyy! I won. CAN WE LEAVE NOW!? Like sweet christ on a HOT BUTTERY CROISSANT I've been here for ages and we need to go. Death promised me a kiss on the ol brain pan if I got this artifact!" Of course, the ramblings of the madman likely sounded like just that, due to the fact a pocket reality surely couldn't have truly felt like forever. "Also is that kid...or demon....or whatever the fuck gonna be all good? Feel like Death would be a lil sore if I left someone in a pocket reality. Speaking of pockets, does that dress have pockets? Do you even need pockets as an artifact- oh wow, all of the pain just set in."

True to form, Wildcard faceplanted on the ground with Zim still embedded in his torso, screaming a FUCK into the ground as he clutched his prize. "SWORD! PAIN. HURT!"
2a2f005e1e9be71bdff0de3f684b1c66.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten (artifact) LostHaven LostHaven (Zim the sword) Kyrenka Kyrenka (Mashu)

Morgan Adler

As Syssel rattled off her phone number Morgan committed it to memory, gaze still locked on her. Morgan slowly raised an eyebrow in curiosity as Syssel offered her the compliment of 'you must be brilliant'. An attempt at small talk, perhaps? Flattery to appeal to her better nature and leave her in good graces? How...droll, and pointless. Interest briefly sparked in the back of Morgan's mind as Syssel changed her form, though her face was stone as ever. As Syssel dispersed Morgan slowly stood upright as she adjusted her towel about herself as she moved to the closet to grab one of her sets of clothes, each set carefully pressed and cared for and otherwise identical in appearance to every other on a hanger. "If I were to guess, dear Dietrich, she was purely data and energy at the time of her departure. I could see binary string across her flesh, did you not? Though I suppose at that point it wasn't flesh at that point, rather an immaterial construct to look similar to flesh and tissue. If such stands to be true, she likely left through the A/C's connection to the main grid system if she truly was no more than energy and data. However, this is purely conjecture and hypothesis at this current state and time. I'd have to devote more time to study to have a true ground of reasoning." Morgan hummed softly as she made her way to the bathroom to change in privacy, though she did stop at the door to continue her conversation with her friend and guard.

"Yet unclear. If that secondary form was purely data and energy, I would suspect it could be possible, but I've no basis for this. However, the immaterial is much more malleable than the material. She said she took it upon herself to make herself as difficult to find information on as possible. We'll be seeing about that. She has my attention, for now. She may have use, yes. She may yet have a skillset we can utilize, and thus I wouldn't have to devote my own time and energy for certain activities." Such as plundering security and government systems for information. Morgan disappeared into the bathroom to change before stepping out now that she was dressed, white button-up and black slacks with a comfortable set of boots and a beige jacket to complete the look. Running her fingers through her hair to fix a tousle she nodded. "Quite. We're departing to Tristan Industries. We're an unexpected meeting for them today, but I'll take the liberty of ensuring they meet with us. Sherman Tristan is of notable interest to me, but not the subject of today's meeting in full. His girlfriend was recently brought back from the dead, after being murdered by his own sibling. I'd like her to testify against Panzer Tristan and help us be rid of that stain on society. I'm quite confident she'll acquiesce to this request by the end of it." There was no change in her tone or how she held herself, but after working with her for so long, Dietrich of all people would be able to identify a thing or two. This was a case where Morgan would get what she set out for, no doubt of that. Beyond that...Kali, as a hero, stood as a very symbol of everything Morgan despised in the world. Corruption, self-centered wants and desires, and wearing a mask of kindness to hide her atrocities, all in the name of allowing her to be a beast among men whom she could slaughter. "It will inevitably be much easier if we take a subtle approach, rather than utilizing our own resources. Of course, your suit is in the trunk if we end up needing the 'good' one. A precaution, no more no less. Let us depart, care to drive?"

51X2BJXBzA-L.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Thomas Black

Thomas nervously glanced over his shoulder at the unconscious little goddess, a slow and soft sigh as he realized she was indeed breathing. "Right...right. She's alive...that's all I can ask for at this point." Thomas's steps were still a little off-balance as he got his bearings, but he was quickly becoming more sure of his steps. It happened every time, nothing new there, he was a little disorientated after changing back. Like being yanked from a deep slumber to full alert, it was very strange to experience. "Right...right. I'll just...sit while you call it in." Not like he had a place to say anything, or anything to report. He wasn't aware of what happened, really.

Thomas gave a deflated little noise as Selene wrapped him in a tight hug, and an even more deflated noise when she so openly proclaimed he turned into a monster. "That's not me," he weakly mumbled. He felt like every ounce of energy he had was just sapped out of his body now. "Was hoping you'd never see it." Thomas felt so displaced and so numb he didn't even process that Selene had almost seen him nude...after all, it was bad enough Tabby saw that. Then again, she was military, and he figured she and every other man and woman on base were rather desensitized to things like nudity. Then again, so was he and his wife, though more so for the fact you go through all those years for the doctorate in Nuclear Physics and then all those courses on the effects of radiation on the human body, it doesn't bother you anymore.

Thomas looked like a deer in headlights as they were denied permission to leave, another soft sigh. "What do you want me to do, sit on the tarp with her beneath it? There's not a whole lot of places we can hide her. Not unless we put her beneath the seats in the back and wrap the tarp over her like she's cases and crates." Thomas glanced over at his daughter and gave her a weak one-armed hug, irritation sparking in the back of his head. Whatever that fucking voice was he was going to kick it stomach if it was coming from an actual being. "We'll work through that sometime, okay? Sometime soon just...not right now." Thomas blanked once again for the nth time that day as it was announced Selene had never been tested for powers. "...Hun you can't fail the test it's not like a school test..." He ran a hand through his hair, thinking. "Please don't be afraid of doctors, okay? I'm a doctor, did you know that? So is your mom. I can't...give that sort of test. Uhm...hm." Thomas worried his hands through his hair time and time again until it looked like an absolute mess, a soft huff escaping him. "Wonder if he's alive...," he grumbled to himself before speaking up. "I do have an old colleague who could give her the test, I guess? It's just a matter of the fact I do mean old in the most literal sense. I don't know where he is if he hasn't passed, or what he's doing. I can talk with you about it later, Tabby, if Selene wants to get tested. He's a good friend...thinking of it, he probably thinks I'm dead..."
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mary Moon

Mary gestured her hands around at her side in a flabbergasted state. "Yes yes, fast, I told you that, you just saw that, I get that. What happened though!?" Mary was grounded by the sudden sensation of her feet growing soaking wet, just like her socks. "Oh that's inconvenient," she grumbled. Stepping out of the tidepool she shook one foot to her side and the other after the first, for all the good that did. Mary grumbled at Bells requested, pouting softly. "I don't kiss girls, you can get a hug though," she objected, trudging her way over to bells side and sitting down at side, staring at her soaked shoes and socks in a dejected fashion. "That's annoying. I'll run home and dry it all in a bit." Bells snapped her attention back to reality, Mary looking over to the succubus and slowly shaking her head. "That was not lightspeed. I can only gesture, but I'm pretty sure I was outrunning lightspeed. There's no way to describe what I was seeing, but if I turned around there was no light. I had manifested a spotlight effect, and I was seeing beyond our visible spectrums. It was...kind of cool? But also super duper terrifying. I also felt...wrong." Mary rubbed her arms, goosebumps popping up on her pale skin. "Like an instinctual terror, almost? That I really shouldn't go any faster than I already was. Almost like...playing on the edge of a cliff." Mary rubbed the back of her head in thought, face twisted in concentration. So lost in her focus and scientific pondering that she'd entirely forgot she was being cuddled by a cute girl. "I ran an entire lap I think. But I don't know what you would have seen from that perspective. Did I simply disappear? Or did I seem to just freeze for a moment and then get displaced? I'd need to study this more later, but I still need to get my bearings."
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

Adam gave a polite smile to Dunnie and Muse when he got back, glancing at Muse as she commented about a headache. "I'd offer tylenol or migraine medicine, but it wouldn't do anything. Dunnie is fairly small scale, but she's still not something you should be looking at while she's like that. We're essentially peeling your psyche like a banana," he calmly remarked, like that wasn't a terrible and horrifying prospect. Adam reached out, gently patting Dunnie on the head and not seeming to mind the effect her hair had in the regard it tried to wrap around his hand. "Can you take a deep breath and turn back so Muse's headache doesn't get worse, hun?" Adam gave M&M a pat on the back as they made their way to the car, opening up the backseat and calmly setting M&M in and buckling her up. "Of course, I'm always safe, even when I'm not. Been a full and busy day, I'll talk to you about it later, okay? Misty's a little shaken up, but she should be okay I think. Talk to you when I'm home. Love you." As the call ended Adam stepped into the car and waited for the rest of the girls to file in before he buckled up and started off down the road once again. Glancing at his phone he gave a soft hum, selecting the 'Death' contact and placing a call. A Concept wanted to know his daughter was okay, strange to consider. But sure, he'd call. Once the call was picked up, or he was transferred to a voice mail, he spoke. "Hello, Lady Death? This is Detective Marshall. I'm returning a call, as requested. Everything worked out, I appreciate the concern you offered in regards to everything."
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie Brenton

Natalie gave a small laugh, almost choking on the piece of sandwich she had in her mouth. Fortunately, she didn't, swallowing it as she cleared her throat. "Flatterer that you are. I'm a monster, I know that." Natalie glanced over to her tea, lifting it to her lips to take a slow sip, brow quirking at Chutes. "You're a bit of a nut, aren't you lad? That's good, being normal's for the birds." Natalie listened patiently as Chutes gestated and guessed about the malicious entity in her head, content to sip her tea and chew on her meal as he did so. "Interesting theory. Suppose there's a nugget of truth in that. It's not her job, it's her very existence I think. Also, don't go mousin round in my head, yeah? Nothin nice in there for you." Nat flashed a cheeky grin, even as Agas raged in the background. Oh I'm loud am I? I'LL SHOW YOU LOUD YOU LITTLE-

"Please do not mind the angry Spirit in my head, honestly. I don't think she can feel actual happiness. Not like I'd feel it anyways...Not sure what she can feel, never bothered to ask. Ah well, probably won't bother to ask either. Don't think I wanna know the answer on that one." Nat glanced at Chutes, raising an eyebrow ever so slowly. "Just as important as I am? Sir, my dear Chutes. One of us is much more important to the other, I'll let you think on who that is." You are being insufferably coy with that remark. And you're just insufferable, so we're even. Bite. Me. More than happy to.

Natalie cleared her throat after sipping on some tea at Chutes offer. "I mean this in the most respectful fashion I can say. Do not do that." Oh you're such a killjoy. You're a big enough headache in my head. I don't need you to ACTUALLY choke me. Oh please, I wouldn't kill you. I need you alive. It'd be very satisfying to lay you out in person though. Just a little dislocated jaw and a torn rotator cuff, I'll even let you throw a punch. Mmmm, nah. pass. "Chutes, fair warning-" Of course, Chutes jumped the gun on that and removed the blinders, letting Agas and nat to glance at his soul. By Nat's standards, it was fucking weird, but not worth trying to kill him over. Though by Agas's standards... Oh look at that, he does have sin. Who. Could have. GUESSED. Oh wait, I KNOW WHO! You are impossible to please. Oh I'm quite pleased he's being honest at least. You'd still try to kill him though. It's a low bar. I'd try to kill everyone and you know it. And this is why you'll never get a date. YES, NATALIE BRENTON! MY BIGGEST DESIRE IS TO HAVE A DATE, THAT'S WHAT I DESIRE MOST IN THIS WORLD. A DATE! Natalie gave a shrug, looking at Chutes. "Preciate the honesty, love."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

14bfbec5a21e976c738140802089.jpgAs Thyris dissipated into mana returning to the book. Sciles fist collided with the wall, creating a huge crack leading all the way to the ceiling. Scile turning to the man shouting at her, ".ah, sorry can you like, Slow down? English is around... my 37th language so I'm not that good at it" Scile said calmly not caring at all about the shouting, Though from the bit of it she could process easily it seemed now was not the right time for sparring, What with the whole crying god. She rubbed the back of her head and began to pull out the water spears impaled all throughout her body, golden energy weakly flowing from the wounds. It was a decent fight, but not enough to sharpen herself, The divine beast was holding back, and Scile knew it, and Scile herself couldn't go all out with the kid here.

Meanwhile Thyris appeared next to James again out of breath. "Sorry James, she was annoying so I was gonna just stab her to make her shut up, but she's no ordinary demon, whatever that golden energy Shes got flowing around her, She can basically punch magic with it. Be careful." She said before quickly running over to Sato and the child, creating a bubble to block the rain. Looking at the child she frowned, she was a damn idiot, fighting like that with a child around. Stupid stupid stupid! Shes probably in shock, Thyris leaned close to the child smiling with her mouth closed to hide her razor like teeth "Hi sweetie, sorry, Ms. Thyris Wanted to shut the red idiot up but she didn't expect her to be that troublesome, You must be freezing. Here~" She said calmly as she used her magic to pull the water out of the child's clothes, drying them near instantly. She then closed her eye and made a floating bubble of scalding hot water, steam emanating from it. "Don't touch it, just put your hands near it" she said before turning to Sato, gently bringing satos head to her chest she hugged her. "Its okay, Were here Sato, you saved her, she's okay. Everyone's okay. You didn't fail them." She whispered to her consoling her. "so ummmm I know I dont have much knowledge of this whole thing, kinda just showed up here cause I sensed divinity. But, why don't you take the child out of rain. I know a place we can go to, has warm food and drinks and a cozy atmosphere!" Scile said smiling as all her wounds were already healed.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Casey Kemp

Casey, unsurprisingly, offered no words of support or comfort to either of the kids, focus strictly to the L.A traffic. The only noise they had to break the silence was the sound of the vehicle's G.P.S reciting were to take a turn or where to go so they didn't go lost because Casey hadn't even bothered to commit Sean's home route to memory at this point. As the car idled outside Sean's home for him to disembark, watching his daughter in the backseat through the rearview. At the unspoken remark from Sean there was no reaction from Kemp, content to watch the road ahead of him.

As Ada clambered into the front seat Casey slowly reached out, a hand resting on her shoulder to give her a comforting little squeeze. "Kite," he started, using his nickname for his daughter, "That's how most folks react. He handled it better than most, actually, you're right." As he spoke he made sure windows were rolled up as they drove off, a hand on the wheel and another on her shoulder. "People aren't comfortable with our line of work. We're mercenaries, we do work no one wants to acknowledge exists. We kill, we steal and maim, we torture for information, the list goes on. And this offends people. They shout it's against morality. But that's another confirmation for another time. You and I, we're not bothered by it. Most people are. I don't think he hates you. He blames me, not you, even if he doesn't want to say the quiet part out loud. He wants to text you again and presumably spend more time with you, probably wishes I wasn't your dad though. I'm honestly sorry you have to go through this...but you were either going to find out someone's reaction sooner, or later. I'm sorry, hun."
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Cosmic Arbiter

Olivine slowly glided backwards across the air, hands resting at her side. "You are a mage, you should have your natural senses, as well as supernatural. Your sight deceives you unless you have not yet noticed. You have the option to search for pure energy, in which case you'd have noticed me immediately. You could tune your senses and increase them to search for certain things. You could also adjust your sight, if you are deadset on your eyes, and see the glimmer of life that pervades all that draw breath. Your defaults are weak, but you should attempt to fine-tune and increase them."

As Oracle began to cast her spell olivine spread her arms wide, one at either end of her. One hand quickly moved upright with the other doing the inverse to craft a shimmering circle in front of her. Once again, she snapped her hands to the side as the circle went completely venta-black, as if nothing but void as it quickly wrapped around Olivine in an 'orb' that shattered from the massive burst of light, leaving Olivine once again exposed. As the fireball erupted from Oracle, Olivine snapped her hand out in front of her, a collection of sigils and symbols appearing in the air in front of her, darkening and scorching beneath the heat though not quite breaking. As the solar flare dampened the warding crumbled away to dust Olivine stood neutral once again, watching patiently. "You're doing quite impressive for the first time, I must say. Please, continue."
anime-girl-magician-mage-meganekko-destruction-white-hair-ruins-anime.png
ddq5wc6-68fbb5fa-4eef-4d8f-9e19-0e62bec9478b.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Summoner

James didn't seem unphased by the fact the rain was no longer having a chance to hit him, staring in equal parts disbelief and rage at Scile. However, as Vice got her attention he glanced over to Asano, giving a small sigh. "Crap...and Sato can't talk to her, I think she's seized up. I should have gone to college for psycho-therapy instead of business and law." Attention darted over to Thyris he gave a small nod and a very brief appreciative smile. "Thanks for the heads up. Please check on Sato, I'll get this handled." James attention snapped back to Scile, temple throbbing once again...was his eye actually red? Did he pop a blood vessel...or several? "Sure. Small words. You. are. a. Moron. If you. Know a. place we. Can warm up. I will. Accept. There! Slow enough for you?" There was a distinct chance he'd get gut-punched or sent flying through the mountain, but unfortunately, James just couldn't find any fucks to give at this point and time.

As Thyris wrapped her arms around Sato there came a soft noise from the goddess, a cross between a squeak and a whimper. Her skin was slickened with water from her own storm, though the cold water and wind likely wasn't why she was shaking. She felt stiff, like a statue, cheek resting against Thyris's bust, the upper half of her face hidden by her mask as always and looking away from Asano. Almost numbly she repeated Thyris's instructions and comments, verbatim, to Asano in traditional Japanese dialect. Slowly, ever so slowly, the storm above started to calm, the clear blue sky started to peak through storm clouds as the thunder started to dwindle. "I feel like I can't breathe, Thyris. My chest is tight. I can't fail, not again. But she's here now...I'll let her down again. I know I will. I'll fall short, and I'll lose my child again. I can't fail again...I wasn't strong enough then. Am I strong enough now? Will I ever be strong enough to protect her?" Sato kept her voice soft and easy, utilizing English for her confiding to be hidden from her only living 'child'. It was bad enough she saw her at her lowest, bad enough she'd let her die before. She didn't need to hear her admit her failure.
james_angry.png
851b1011996328721bc6990215bd284d.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Selene.pngSelene and Tabby
"Well it was you before! And then it was a monster. So even if the monster isn't YOU then that still means you turned into a monster. The monster is separate. Still… that kinda makes me feel a little better that it’s not you… it was scary,” she rambled, clinging to him, “I want to know everything about you dad. The good and the bad. It’s all important to me. I have so much to catch up on.”

Tabby scrunched her nose, “I don’t know! It’s not like I can do anything but try my best to not talk about this damned mess.”

Selene shrugged, face still hidden against him, “You’re different. You’re my family… I’m still really happy I actually have a family… I still can’t believe it…”

Tabby sighed, watching as vehicles came slowly into sight, “Would this person be on your side? If not, I mean, I can probably find someone who can administer the test that won’t say anything. Sometimes vets have to test pets or other animals so… I mean… not ideal but I probably know a couple people.”

Selene removed herself from her dad finally and propped herself up on the chair, looking back out the back window at the approaching cars. She didn’t want to get seen and get taken away from her dad… Her ears flattened and tail drooped as she thought about her options, “I don’t wanna lose you… it was a bad idea to come here after all.”

Tabby sighed again, “Yes it was a horrible idea. But it’ll be fine. Just stay in the car with your dad. I’ve got you guys.” She left the car to meet the other military personnel and make sure no one came in. She’d probably just say Thomas was tired - he was usually pretty out of it anyway so it made sense.

Selene’s voice dropped to a whisper, though no one would have been able to hear them through the thick glass of the military vehicle anyway, “Dad I’m sorry. I just want to see you so badly… It’s so hard not to listen to the voice when it’s something I want to do anyway. Even if I know I shouldn’t. I’m smart enough to know I shouldn’t. I’m just… impulsive, I guess.”

The military personnel didn’t care a bit about checking on Thomas, they trusted Tabby. Beast was clearly contained and the target was handled. She chatted with them for a tense few moments before she was allowed to go back to the car and head out. Tabby released a loud sigh as she deflated upon closing the door, “Talking to them has never been more stressful. I’m going to go grey prematurely at this rate. Let’s leave before something else decides to go wrong, yeah? Selene, buckle up.” She glanced in the rear view to watch her do so and began the bumpy drive back to civilization and to California.

Tabby relaxed once the other military personnel were completely out of sight and she was back on an actual road, “Okay… There. Thomas, we have the rest of the day off. Wanna give your friend a surprise and a half? I want to change to my personal car asap since they can track where this one goes, though. Selene hunny isn’t it Monday? Wouldn’t you have school today? Not that you would get home in time at this point anyway…”

Selene figured at this point that Tabby was a hero, and totally awesome, but she shrank into her seat a bit at the mention of class, “I… I… maybe! Yes… I don’t need it though! I get bad grades anyway. I hate homework. If dad could be around more he could just teach me stuff instead and homeschool me!”

Tabby gave her a motherly glare, “Even if he was around more, he’d probably still have to work. Not everyone can do homeschooling, kid. You need your education. I bet you’re as smart as your mom and dad - they’re both scientists, after all - so if you wanna be like them one day it’s a LOT of schooling. Right Thomas? And besides, if you are homeschooled, how are you going to make friends? How are you going to find a boy you like?”

Last edited:
vice.pngVice
Vice was unsure about Sato, but she still hated to see her so sad. The young kid, no longer fearing for her life and soaked to the bone, rushed over to her goddess and what she thought was a mermaid lady of some kind. She didn’t understand what she said since it wasn’t in Japanese. Asano ignored the hot ball of water and just hugged her goddess from behind, speaking in Japanese, "I don't know what's wrong but it'll be okay Goddess Sato. I love you. I'm okay and you're okay and it will be okay."

Vice meandered up to the pile of hugs and stuffed her hands in her pockets, "I mean, Sato, you know you're not alone, right? Who cares if you weren't strong enough before or now? There are multiple people who also care. James is clearly the kind of person that will run himself ragged for you guys. Thyris is strong and stuff. There are the others too. Sophia's a cuddle me Cthulhu. Pydir and Hignar seem difficult but they're strong. And now I'm in this mess too. If James ordered me, I could take out the whole mountain, not just the top. I think it's gonna be fine. I'm more concerned about having to teach the kid not to try to hug the spike machine that is Pydir. Or that we're gonna have to teach her English. Sophia and I can even make another room attached to the common area I made - as a bedroom for her. Unless you wanna just give her up for adoption or something? Which I somehow doubt."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

54F0A863-24F9-42A5-B59A-357893E208AE.jpeg
Isla
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Isla’s eyes lit up like a child’s on Christmas despite there dead look. Giggling happily she ran over to Overwatch and grabbed ahold of her right hand. “Come come! Hurry!” She said like a child begging there parent to hurry so they could ride some rides at a carnival. Hurriedly she tugged Overwatch along towards the cheering howling castle of the dead the beast still gliding overhead slowly as they approached the gates sounds of wood and stone groaning as the massive gates opened to truly an unsightly thing. What awaited her was the dead, a Hord that looked endless. Soldiers from all ages clad from rotting leather armor, to rusting night’s, to rotting cloth of the revolution’s all across the world. All hollering with there dead decayed vocal cord and even some who were simply bone still managing to chant and cheer in delight. And even worse still were what mingled among them. Numerous things, clearly not human but… made of one or multiple. Hellish and unholy designs that could only be conjured by a truly insane and evil mind.

And yet there Isla stood next to Overwatch with the most innocent and happy look on her face as the gates finished opening and the roaring and dead cries stopped. They all stared to Overwatch with there dead gazes as Isla started forward once more pulling Overwatch along. And as they reached the horde it parted like the Red Sea. The dead falling to there knees and dropping there heads, there hands heals upwards and out slightly as if in a prayer as Isla and Overwatch passed by.​

Thomas Black

Thomas tuned in and out of the conversation despite his best efforts to listen to Selene, his focus still working on get back together...mostly there, but not quite. "I'm sorry, Selene. I promise, I'll explain whenever I have time to do so." A somewhat defeated sigh escaped him as Tabby gave a very good point...this was a mess she wasn't really trained for, let alone briefed on what could happen, how would she or any of them know what to do? Thomas's focus coalesced into a single point of thought for a few moments, glancing over at Tabby. "Huh? Oh, yea. He was my teacher. If he's still alive, he'd be happy to help. Just a matter of if he's...you know, not dead from old age." There was the unspoken sentiment of it being a very good chance an old man who had taught Thomas all those years ago would either be an even older man now or a dead man by now. "I can give you what information I have on him later, he might have moved or changed contact information by now, though."

Thomas glanced in the rearview mirror at Selene, and then back over to Tabby, his chest feeling tight as anxiety gnawed at his stomach lining, a knot wound tighter and tighter with every passing moment as Tabby stepped out of the car to speak with the armed personnel heading their way. "Please work on your impulse control, Selene...and ignoring the voice in your head, whoever or whatever it is. You can't be seen anywhere near me...they'd just separate us again, no matter what either of us did." As Tabby stepped back into the car and gave the 'all clear', a loud sigh escaped Thomas as he practically melted into his chair in a slump, holding his head in his hands. "I need a nap," he bemoaned. Though at Tabby's question he gave a nod, fishing through his wallet to produce a small business card with contact information and an address, offering it to Tabby, the paper nicotine yellow and curled at the edges with black font stating 'Dr. Heinrich Böhmer'. "Not sure if it's good anymore, the contact information, but at least we have a name we can follow."

Thomas glanced again at Selene, frowning ever so slightly. "Please bring your grades up. I know homework is awful, but you have to do it. Colleges look at the grades you have if they're going to accept you. I know you're really smart, you just need to apply it. And...Tabby's right. Even if I was allowed to see you, I'd have work in some form or fashion. And..yea, to get a doctorate it's at least twelve to fifteen years of study and school, though some programs are shorter or longer." Thomas shifted in his seat, cheek resting against the glass of the military vehicle. "No rush on finding a boy you like, to clarify...or a girl, I guess, if that's what you like."
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back