• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Selene.pngBeast's Target
Tabby winced at the sonic clap, but Selene's more sensitive fox ears had her doubled over holding them. The goddess didn't fare well either, screaming as she fell to the ground. Her ears were already healing themselves but they were bleeding from the force. The kid coughed and sputtered and didn't even have time to stand back up. She barely managed to get a sphere up, a forcefield to protect herself that could last maybe two or three hits if she was lucky.

Tears pooled in Selene's eyes, rubbing her ears, "Oww..."

"You ok?"

She nodded, "I'm fine... that... it's loud. I'm starting to think coming here was a mistake."

"You don't say... I'm gonna have to get out of the car soon. Looks like the kid is a kid after all. Isn't really lasting as long as I expected," Tabby said, eyeing the monster and the poor kid. Selene looked like she was calming down a little, so that was good. Ugh... for once she was dreading bringing Thomas back! He was gonna be so upset!!

Selene rubbed her eyes clear, though her ears were still back, "What do you do once you get out of the car?"

"I subdue the beast mentally and your father transforms back, to put it simply," she said, sighing, "What's your power, anyway?"

Her ears twitched at the question and she looked away from the scene in front of her for the first time since it started, "I... um... I dunno... it... kinda seems to change..."

"What? You haven't had a test??"

"I... I mean... I've had tests before, I guess... but... I usually hide when it's my turn. I don't like doctor visits... and I'm scared of what they might say. I wanna be strong."

"That... kids make no sense," Tabby groaned, "Thomas will be more than happy to get you tested. He's a smart cookie. He might even know how to do it himself or know somebody that can do it. And he'll stay with you so you don't get scared. Whenever he can anyway. I don't think he had any powers before this... huh. Come to think of it I don't think I've really asked. He's such a pile of depression, I try to avoid asking stuff that might make him look like a kicked puppy. Well what do you know about your powers?" Tabby's eyes didn't leave Beast even as she kept up the conversation.

"Um. I kinda... do lightning spidery stuff. Acrobatics and this like lightning spider thread and stuff."

"I do recall that much, yes. It's a strange power. Seems strong though. I'm sure your dad will help you narrow it down. He'd be honored to help you."

Selene nodded, eyes going back to the Beast, "He's really strong..."

"Yeah. Yeah he is."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Cosmic Arbiter

"I am quite content to continue to teach you, should you thirst for knowledge. I know much, and I myself seek to continue to learn. Potion craft is simple to learn, and difficult to master." As Oracle walked off the rooftop the Arbiter simply hovered backwards, as if sliding across the air until she had 'slid' seamlessly back by about one hundred and twenty feet, a comfortable 'starting' distance. Olivine watched patiently, slowly holding her own hand out in front of her as Oracle's spell started, palm facing the heavens as tendrils of black energy started to lash from her fingertips, tipped with flares of red and orange...what was she planning? "Behold, the Black Hole Sun of Izahl." Crushing her hand into a fist she just as quickly opened it, the energy she had been manifesting compressed into a single force and released into the open air. And from her hand erupted a modest 'sphere', no larger than a Volkswagon beetle that hovered ominously above her like some sort of 'halo'. True to its name as well, Oracle could feel a notable 'pull' towards the orb above her newfound mentor, her shots quickly being devoured by the monstrous spell before they could even come close to the Cosmic Arbiter, their light added to the corona that surrounded it. Olivine flexed her arms across her chest, similar to how one may lay in a sarcophagus and quickly rolled her wrists, twining her hands together as she shifted her arms to allow for such.

Olivine shimmered before a copy of herself appeared behind Oracle, and yet another copy of herself above her and directly below her, each equidistant from the first that had her spell hovering above. The 'original' waved her hand in front of herself, the Black Hole Sun dispersing as she shattered like glass. "Continue to adapt, Oracle. Which of us is your target?" The collection of Arbiters continued to expand, appearing around her at random and speaking as a single individual until there was a total of eight that hovered in the air.
anime-girl-magician-mage-meganekko-destruction-white-hair-ruins-anime.png
ddq5wc6-68fbb5fa-4eef-4d8f-9e19-0e62bec9478b.png
artworks-000223899175-qmmzwm-t500x500.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

death2.pngLady Death
"No fun. Humans are so fickle," Death complained, "War can invite whomever she wants. Azroch included. Same with Pesti. I don't know what he's planning, and as long as it doesn't make my job a pain in the ass I hardly care. Well, as long as it doesn't constitute cheating, either. Making competitors sick would probably start a fight between War and Pestilence. He needs to stay out of things and let his champions speak for themselves."

Lady Death sighed and yawned, "Go ahead and head out. I need to help question some souls. Now that they're in my domain I can get involved without issue. Have fun while you're here!"

Casey Kemp

"I noticed. Which is why we'll be teaching you not to rely exclusively on them." Once Sean accepted the offered hand Casey's fingers wrapped around his hand in a firm grip and helped hoist him upright before releasing his hand, glancing at Ada with that all too familiar neutral expression. "I didn't kill him, as promised. I'm sure he'll consider how to kill me later, that's fine though." Casey glanced down as Sean utilized an aura to heal them both, giving a thoughtful hum. That's right...his anti-magical talisman was in the armor. He'd forgotten that fact. "Ada, we're picking up lunch. I don't think I ate today, think I missed the alarm I set for it. Where do you two want to order from?" As Sean spoke up he drifted that steely gaze back to the pissed, albeit terrified, young man, another thoughtful hum. "Preciate it, then," he muttered before attention went back to Ada. "Don't get ahead of yourself. Or get too attached yet." With that otherwise ominious statement Casey meandered off to get a change of clothes, preferably a top that didn't have a giant burned hole in the front, leaving the two alone for about...five minutes before he'd come back to give them both a ride. And tomorrow he had to deal with whoever hired that other Merc and kill them. He was still debating on if he'd just kill the Merc for good measure or not...he'd get back to that thought.
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Oracle.jpgOracle
Oracle grinned a grimace and laughed, "You're a hard audience to please, you know that? Positive reinforcement goes a long way!" Behind. Above. Below. In front. She had eight rings, two for each target. "I hardly have to choose when I can target all at once," she stated, "I'll just go for all four!"

Her spell circles changed slightly, from little stars to laser lines. The black hole sun was gone so she didn't have to account for curvature, and it would be far harder to dodge. It limited the number she could do at once, however. Each circle aimed four small golden lasers, so eight for each copy. Quantity over quality, but the idea here was to hit her, not to hit her hard.

Natalie Brenton

Natalie gave a slow nod, grabbing Chute's by the forearm and gently tugging him away from her room and shutting the door behind her. "Sure is, and I no longer wish to think about it! So let's go!" As Chutes started to walk Natalie stayed close, releasing his arm as she listened to him. "Pfft, nah, no you don't. You really don't wanna participate in my fun." Natalie glanced at the offered hand before giving a calm shrug and taking it. True to his word, it was just a smidge uncomfortable, Natalie having a sudden and severe shift of vertigo as she wobbled for a moment. "Woof, that's more than a smidge of a headrush love." Natalie quickly got her bearings however, slowly kneeling down so she could sit, one leg folded up in front of her so she could rest an arm atop her knee and the other spread out far ahead of her, looking around at the environment slowly and giving a soft 'wow'. "This is rather nice, y'know? Cheers, Chutes." It's actually quite pleasant. As far as I can tell, a place devoid of Sin. Oh, so I get a golden ticket here? Oh right, you're here too. As is Chutes. I retract my statement. Bite me.

Accepting the sandwich with a smile, in spite of the ever raging argument in her head, Natalie flashed a wide grin as Chutes went on to explain. "Huh. Fancy that, wide selection you got here. That's a good question though, never asked her." Do you taste what I taste? You look me in my fucking eye-sockets and my lack of tongue and ask me if I 'taste what you taste' again. But we can both smell sin because of you. Congratulations Missus Obvious, want a fucking cookie? We both know it's not actually 'smell' so don't be smart. Natalie seemed to be containing laughter, laughing from her conversation in her head. "She says we don't share a taste, it's fine." Natalie reached into the basket and grabbed a water, wagging a finger towards Chutes teasingly. "You took a lass from London out to lunch and didn't even pack tea. Shame, sir."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

Adam's eyes narrowed as the creatures slimy arm lashed out toward him, quickly ducking and diving to the side in a roll before standing upright. "Greedy, you had to make it difficult." Years of experience made him apt for 'dodging for his life', an ethereal blue shimmer coating his eyes as he gazed into the future and it's branching pathways, focusing purely on the next 60 seconds from the current point and time where he found himself to help him in his game of 'tag' with this creature. It was just a matter of realizing where it may be lashing out and going from there. While he kept his body loose and ready to dodge he produced a simple pure copper Ankh, a Sigil of Banishment or 'Prinn's Crux Ansata', from his trenchcoat and brandished it, starting to repeat a rather simple chant over and over again. He was going to be polite and bargain, but no it had to be difficult, so now he was just going to banish it. Banish it where? He didn't really care, his concern was getting his daughter. And since she wasn't a 'part' of this creature, she'd safely drop once it was dispelled.
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

sean3.pngSean and Ada
"Yes sir...," Sean muttered as he watched Casey walk away. Ada was of course unphased. To her, this was like Christmas, the fact that Sean hadn't been killed yet. She was counting herself lucky. It was a little hard not to get hopeful, though! Attached less so, but hopeful for sure. He was okay for now! For now...

Ada cupped his cheeks and made him look her in the eyes, "You need to make sure not to tell anybody if you wanna stay alive, okay? I don't want you to get killed but it would give us no choice." Sean nodded numbly, staring back at her, progressively looking like he had less light in his eyes. He had been through a lot today. Ada had too, and she was trying to feel for him, but it was hard. She didn't deal with things like a normal person. "Don't just nod, Sean. Not just you but your family too. Anyone you tell would die too."

Sean grabbed her wrists and moved her arms down from his face, "I know. I am keenly aware, Ada. I can't even fight back against your father or you. I'm fucking weak and I'm very aware of that today. Can you stop being so cheery for two seconds? My entire life has been turned upside down by you and your mess. You brought me into this. It was your... It was someone targeting you that got us kidnapped! It wasn't even my risk factors!! And my risks I told you about! I like you, and so I told you what you had to be worried about, Ada. That's how something is supposed to work, but your entire life is a secret that is going to get me killed."

"Your father even has some talisman or something to work against my abilities specifically!" he shouted, letting go of her wrists and motioning in the direction Casey had left in, "He would have killed me if you didn't beg him not to! I would have been dead already and still might be!!"

Ada looked startled by his outburst. She took a step back and gave him a weak smile, though she looked like she was going to cry, "Yeah... you're right. You probably need to go home and get some rest..." She looked far more despondent when her father came back out - both of the kids did - and she still looked like she was about to cry. Ada looked to her dad, "Let's do Chipotle... are we going to drop Sean off first or get food first...?"

Mary Moon

Mary sort of blanked as it seemed she hit a nerve with Bells. Now she just felt bad. Well crap, that was unexpected. Usually she didn't mind if her quips hurt someone's feelings, was usually half of the point of quipping in a fight but like...besides being attractive and filling every cliche in the book, this succubus hadn't necessarily done anything to try to hurt her or anything. "Ahem. Right, sorry. Chronic condition, quipping. Didn't mean to offend, my bad." At the fact that yes there were classes she could take but no she wouldn't take them because she'd have to be arrested first Mary's mind jumped into super-speed as she started to think. "So to clarify. If you wouldn't be arrested, you'd learn legalities? Interesting. Oh, ocean? Cool! Hopefully my clothes don't get soaked...eh, I'll just do a run on the beach if they do to dry out."

Mary snapped around to face the beach, stretching an arm high above her head though she froze up at the admission Bells speed came from a human gene. "Oh that's...interesting. So the human supergene was dominant? That's interesting. I wonder if it was just a particular powerful speedster gene, or if human genetics are a dominant trait. Or would it be safer to posit that super genes are dominant? Or just the speedster ones?" Mary started to trail off, quickly muttering to herself in a rather in-depth self-talk about genetics and genome and differing biologies. Bells zipped over and whispered into her ear while Mary was deep in a train of thought...something about punnet squares? She almost didn't hear Bells but she did, eye's going wide as she suddenly zipped to the side, just out of reach of Bells. "Ay ay ay! I'm happy to inform you that I'm quite comfortable at all times, especially in this fancy flesh suit I wear, and the clothes above said flesh-suit. I don't have urges, and if they existed they're entirely handled. And I'm not gay. See an otolaryngologist if you're smellin it on me, nose might be busted. It's okay though, happens to everyone." Mary looked Bells over quickly, brows furrowed in concentration as she recycled yet another prayer in her head and heart. Thus far, Bells hadn't made her blush, and she wasn't about to let her get that result out of her. She'd gotten good at keeping the crimson out of the pale, and she'd keep it that way dangit!

"Oh please, run run run as fast as you can, you'll never catch me, I'm an irishwoman. We excel at being hard to deal with." Mary rolled the coin across her knuckles once before dropping low into a sprinters position. Resting it atop her thumb she quickly flicked it into the air, her attention zooming in on it as she watched it turn end over end. Everything seemed to slow down as she kept her focus on it. And as soon as it connected with the cement ground Mary was off, one foot after the other, a stiff breeze trailing after her as she zoomed forward off-campus and down the main street towards the beach.
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Chutes.jpgChutes
Chute's eyes went wide, "Wait! Shoot! You're right I totally didn't even think about that! I've been in America for so long... Shoot shoot shoot. Fudge. Lemme just..." He put his hand out, and conjured a set of teacups and a pot, and a couple dozen boxes of tea, "There are so many different kinds of tea I have no clue what you might like. There's chai, black, green, oolong, white, pu-erh, yellow, um... some tisanes, and I can summon some milk too since I know some people like milk in their tea."

His tail flitted back and forth and his cheeks reddened again. He rubbed his face with his hands and laughed, "Ugh. Hah. I'm so freaked out by the idea of you being scared or put off by me. I know it's silly, and I know Agas isn't scared of anything but being scolded by her father - I'm teasing, Agas - but I have had a lot of people treat me like they might a god or even a concept, and that scares the heck out of me. I don't want that kind of responsibility. But then having someone be scared of me is even worse of a thought."

"Agas I know me hiding my soul makes you uncomfortable. Would you prefer I not for this date? I don't want it to off-put you either... though, I mean... I doubt that I'm really that awful... I have lived for a little while now and things happen sometimes and I haven't always lived by great moral rules in the past," he rambled, ears back as he gave Natalie a puppy look, "I don't mind showing you though. I mean it's your job, after all." Chutes glanced back down at his own sandwich and took a nibble of it. He was too nervous to be hungry. Darn it. He felt like his internal screaming was at an eleven right now.

Tessa Ledo, Gravespeaker

Tessa chuckled and nodded at the question about a backup plan as the creature danced about the room, trying to avoid the wires and pain. "Yes. Swat it through a portal to a containment facility." It was unfortunate things had to go this way, but this was in the endgame now. As the last rune was carved, Tessa paused. Waiting until the spirit was on ground level. Once it was, she threw a spell card into the circle, an empty one she kept for such occasions, and it landed smack in the middle of the circle. Once there, it was drained by the circle activating. The first effect was effectively a glue trap, holding it stuck in place unless it managed to escape the circle. The second effect was a mind fog that would put them into a trance that should negate the kind of focus to use its magic negation, and this one triggered both out and inside the circle. The whole floor level, below the stairs, was an active effect zone.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

mistymarshall3.jpgM&M
Misty dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes as soon as the ooze was banished. Adam managed to catch her in his arms. She was fine, physically. It only took a moment or two before she was coughing and gasping for breath, sputtering awake. M&M's eyes shot open and she clung to her dad, immediately wailing and sobbing. Even with her ability like her dad's, that was terrifying! In the heat of the moment it was easy enough to ignore danger, but now that her daddy was here and she was safe the fear that she had been ignoring so much came flooding to the forefront.

She did that loud hiccuping cry as she tried to get words out in between, “D-D-Daddy! That- That wasn’t a w-wisp! It wasn’t a wisp… at all… and… and the stupid thing… the eldritch thing… it was here… a… and it swallowed me! And it was scary. I thought I was gonna… gonna die… I thought I DID die! It-it drowned me and it wasn’t nice like Uncle Nyar at all… and… I thought it was gonna be a mommy thing not a daddy thing!”

1650721562109.jpegBells
“I wouldn’t mind learning legalities if I wouldn’t be arrested. Correct,” Bells mused, eyeing Mary’s mutterings about the genetics stuff. She had nothing to say about it. It was an interesting topic but MY GOD she was so stuck in her own head that her closet was the Mariana Closet. Comfortable. Hah. That was a joke.

Mary was quick, but at least to start off she wasn’t that quick. Bells caught up to her easily, giving Mary a cheeky grin. She spoke up in a meme-tone, “I want waffle fries!”

“Oh oh oh, or how about, I want to talk to you about your car’s extended warranty!” Bells giggled. She ran just ahead of Mary and looked back, “C’mon this can’t be your top speed. At this rate it’d take forever to catch up to me~“

Bells bolted ahead. She sped up from that 7.5 to her top 9, as fast as she could go. She made it to the water in extremely short order and started across it, blazing fast enough she was making the waves vaporize on contact so they weren’t an issue. Bells wasn’t playing around! She wanted to beat this cute twerp!

Last edited:
Sophia nodded a bit listening to james words, but they flew past her ears as she simply focused on the sensations she was feeling. "Perhaps...we should, check on the others, we left them behind with the demon." She said as she could see the scenario happening outside, it was, less than favorable. Taking james and Vice out back to the area. They were greeted with, the obvious outcome.

"HAHA FOR ONE CLOAKED IN THE STENCH OF DIVINE YOUR PHYSICAL SKILLS QUITE WELL TUNED" Scile laughed as she parried the thrust of a glowing blue spear using her gauntlet. Going for a punch with her other hand it was blocked by a shield of magic imbued water, Thyris grunting "And you demon, seem to only rely upon your brute strength, is what i'd like to say, but your technique is annoyingly REFINED!" She yelled swinging her spear for a leg sweep, only for scile to challenge the sweep with a kick of her own. Thyris being forced to jump back. Readying her stance again. "I Will silence you, brute" She narrowed her eyes as spears of water rained down from below scile laughing and charging as thyris as the spears stabbed into her body, Shoulder tackling thyris into the wall Scile was a veritable porcupine of water spears in her body thryis groaning as she pushed back with her shield, her back cratered agaisnt the wall. "is this all the divine have to offer?" scile said with a smirk "No, it is all I have to spare to some minor annoyance!" Thyris shouted back using magic to strengthen her shield and body
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Hannya

The samurai tap tap tapped at the hilt of her blade as they stood at the front door, glancing at Unagi out of the corner of her eye, brows furrowing. "Do not instruct me, 42. I would be foolish not to be prepared to draw my blade if necessary. You would be wise also to be prepared for treachery." A glance towards the spider doll who seemed to grow increasingly enamored with the entire situation with every ticking moment that passed by...and that only served to worry the samurai even more. "I don't trust this, 42. Best we stay in sight of each other, lest you somehow almost die again." With that remarkably cold statement offered she moved forward and stayed close to the spider doll, fingertips continuing to tap against her daito. Due to electing to stick to 'traditional' footwear, each step from Hannya was otherwise silent save for the shift of weight and armor with each step, the woman slowly looking around as they moved through the house.
Samurai.jpg
be5de95c33d1a56e13b8e60759defc0f.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Sorrow

As Ivory yanked her wrist away from the symbiote's grasp the 'rope' snapped, though the latter half simply seeped back into Ivory's skin at the wrist, the other half likewise seeping back into the host's neck and back beneath the skin, well out of sight or mind. Well, out of sight perhaps as she was always present for Ivory, unfortunately, and fortunately. Because your society decided it needed it. And you do not 'need' money to get reeces. You can simply take it from the shelf, you are the one who decides that you should empty your pockets for the treat. You humans are so nonsensical, if I could experience it I would have headaches. As Ivory eventually relented to travel to deal with the issue the symbiote could be seen creeping up from her shirt collar, just the fledgling sight of white trying to creep up. Give me control and we'll be there quickly, Ivory.
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

The Beast

With the unfortunate goddess grounded the creature charged forward, massive clawed hands curling into fists as he raised them up above his head and slammed them down against the barrier. When it didn't shatter the first time and only served to drive the sphere of of a shield around the girl further into the ground the creature repeated the process, both hands going up and slamming down again to slam against the wall of energy. "Tiny wall can't stop Beast!" Again it's hands went up before coming down again in an effort to shatter through the shield with nothing more than primal and malicious intent towards the poor girl. Though with the way Beast was hammering at the shield, Tabby would need to be quick to intervene to stop it, as it seemed to only grow increasingly aggravated with each failed attempt to shatter the poor goddess's shield. "Kill you. Smash you!"

Deep within the recesses of his own mind, only subtly and vaguely aware of the reality around him, a prisoner of some sort of raging monstrosity that called the outside home it's home, was Thomas. And as always, he was exerting whatever amount of control he could over this monster's rampage, but it was trying to use dental floss to lasso a bull elephant. it was ineffective, and it was barely any help, but anything he could do he'd do. He couldn't just do nothing. She was just a kid. She was a kid who was in a situation just like he was, stuck in a cell or a lab at all waking moments. Did she have a family, did anyone miss her? What sort of hell did she live each day, contained at one of those facilities? Was she treated well...did she have friends? Or was she less than human to everyone else? He could only hope and pray to whatever may hear him that Tabby kept her promise...that this monster didn't kill this poor girl.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Also Lady Death

Sable smiled politely at her patron, continuing to turn her tin over end over end. "My good mistress, perhaps it is less that they are fickle and more so that we are...complicated? They are complicated? Misterss, do I still count as a human despite being a ghoul? May I still refer to myself as such? Such a curious thing to ponder." Sable slowly kicked her legs back and forth as she sat so precariously on the railing despite having absolutely no way to recover if she should fall. "My lady, I do intend no disrespect, so please do not take it as such. But I do not believe Mister Pestilence knows what he is planning some days. Or perhaps his plans are simply so elaborate, none but himself can comprehend his intentions? Ah, forgive me, I do think I ramble." Another polite smile at the request to 'have fun', Sable gripping the railing as she slipped over it and back onto solid ground, giving a polite and deep bow. "As you see fit, my good mistress. I so do enjoy speaking with you." Turning on her heel Sable started away from Death now that she had been dismissed. Now that she was no longer carrying on the conversation there came the sound of metal being crunched beneath her grip as she crushed the end of the tin and tore the metal open, the scent of dried and cured meat of questionable origin exposed to open air. Picking a piece of jerky from the tin she opened her mouth, revealing two rows of extremely sharp and predatory teeth, strings of saliva connecting her jaws. Lifting the 'meal' to her lips she closed her mouth, the soft sound of jaws snapping shut audible as she continued to calmly walk away to find something 'fun'.

unknown.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Cosmic Arbiter

Olivine, all eight of her, tilted her head to the side ever so slightly, an ever so slight cant of the head. "That was me being positive. Proceed with your assessment." As Oracle swapped her tactics from bursts of energy to raw beams of energy none of the copies of Olivine moved to dodge, or move at all for that matter. As the beams hit each and every one of her shattered like fine china, shards of energy dispersing into the air from where they had once been until they faded away with a somewhat prismatic glow. Though interestingly enough, all eight copies had shattered, just like the first fake had... "I should ask, are you relying solely on your sense of sight to find your target?" Olivine's voice seemed to drift from right behind Oracle. And true enough, there was the distinct feeling of something resting on her shoulder, and if she should shift her gaze she'd find Olivine had somehow managed to sneak inside her personal bubble, right behind her, and inside the array of rings she had positioned, resting her chin on Oracle's shoulder now as she looked at her out of the corner of her eyes. "Your spell is rather impressive, but you seem to be relying on only a few senses. Don't lose focus, Oracle."
anime-girl-magician-mage-meganekko-destruction-white-hair-ruins-anime.png
ddq5wc6-68fbb5fa-4eef-4d8f-9e19-0e62bec9478b.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Casey Kemp

Casey had returned just as Sean was finishing his outburst, dressed in a new shirt and vest as he looked between the two. One might think he might have chewed Sean out, reprimanded him for hurting his daughters feelings, or shot him for doing that. And yet, he didn't, he didn't even give him a glare of disapproval, nor even a slight frown. In fact, he seemed entirely neutral to the entire situation. After all, at the end of the day, this was just as important a learning experience for Ada as it was Sean. She seemed to have expected the boy to shrug it off and find it all perfectly fine, but that wasn't the case. She had to realize there were dangers and issues that came with dragging anyone into their life, let alone letting them know about it. "Whichever you two want, I don't mind paying for three people if necessary. Come on, we'll go to the garage." Without a further word or thought to offer Casey raised a hand in a 'follow me' gesture, starting towards a wing of the hidden area for the underground garage and getting the same S.U.V that he'd used to drive them around most of their stay in L.A. Once everyone was loaded in and buckled up, it was simplicity to get past the ongoing military patrols and presence that surrounded the L.A crater due to whatever had kicked their little hornets nest and get on the main road, Casey tapping his fingers on the wheel steadily. Depending on what the consensus was they'd either be going to get food first, or drop Sean off first, and then do whatever needed to be done second.
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie Brenton

The woman gave a slight laugh, rude as it might have been, as Chutes floundered to produce tea to cover for the ever so slight oversight. "You're way too nervous, relax, okay? T'was just a tease, love. You want to spend a day with me, expect to put up with it. Black tea though, if you would. And milk would be appreciated as well, thank you." Natalie took a small bite of her sandwich, chewing it thoughtfully as she listened to Chutes. For an 'all powerful' being, he sure was skittish. "Hush yourself," she commented once she had swallowed. "I have a perpetually enraged entity in my head that's constantly trying to rest control, a portion of God was in my skull, and my Father was just brought back from the dead. You can neither scare me, nor put me off." Aw how sweet, you saw fit to mention me. Shove it. I'm also not uncomfortable. It's annoying. The little mutt decides to shutter his soul from my notice. Yes let me see it you miserable little- "Nah nah, it's fine. Simply for the value of inconveniencing Agas, nah." YOU BI- Despite Chutes nerves, and Agas's eternal rage, Natalie seemed quite content to much on her sandwich or take sips of her water as if nothing strange was going on in the slightest. "Off to a lovely start, I'd think. None of us are dead yet, so cheers to that."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

tabby.pngTabby and Selene
The barrier broke with the poor girl inside as Tabby brought the car to a halt. She grimaced, and Selene unbuckled herself, scrambling to her feet in the car, “He’s gonna kill her!! We have to stop him!”

Tabby yanked her back by the arm before her fingers could touch the door handle, “WE ARE DOING NOTHING. I am going to do my job and YOU are going to stay here. Do you understand me?”

Selene whimpered, but sat back, eyes tearing up again, “Ok…”

Tabby opened her door and jumped out, giving a shrill whistle with her fingers as she ran forward. The kid was getting beaten on a little more than she wanted but she had Selene to slow her down. The kid could handle it, physically. Apparently she was ridiculously tough. But Tabby was sure she’d need some therapy after this encounter. Rough goings.

“Beast!! Good job! You caught the girl. It’s time to calm down though!” Tabby shouted, holding clothes in her arm. She was already in its mind, as unpleasant as that was for her, calming Beast down forcibly. “Great job. You’re so fast. I have an emergency to talk to Thomas about though so I’m sorry I gotta do this forcefully this time buddy.”

Despite her usual fear, Tabby was closer than she was comfortable with. She practically shoved clothes in Thomas’s arms as soon as he was himself again. Normally, she’d go a lot slower, be a lot more delicate.

“Your child stowed away in the fucking trunk,” she hissed, making sure to block his body with hers so Selene wouldn’t see anything, “And now I have a headache for two reasons!”

Last edited:
Detective Marshall

Adam had been quick to avoid any consecutive attempts to nab him, counting down the seconds as he repeated the dispelling chant to get the creature holding his daughter hostage. The moment the greedy creature was banished he lunged forward, the Ankh discarded where he had once stood to catch Misty in his arms, holding onto her. "Hey M&M, it's okay hun. Deep breaths. It's okay, daddy's here." With his daughter still clinging so fervently to him he stood upright, walking her over back to where he had dropped the crux to bend down and pick it up, stowing it in his trench again. "It's okay hunny, I promise. I'm here. You have to be careful about things like this, okay? We can talk about it when you calm down and we get you home." Adam started back towards the entrance with his crying daughter in hand, gently patting her back as he moved. "And please, once again, never trust anything Nyaralothtep tells you. It's okay though, your father's here now."

Making his way back to the cave entrance where Dunnie and Muse would be waiting, Adam gave both of them a nod, gently patting Misty on the shoulder. "M&M? This is Muse. She's a friend. Muse, this is my daughter Misty." With introductions out of the way Adam started back to where they had left the car, fishing his phone from his pocket to call Sylvia. "Sylvia? Hey, it's Adam. Found the girls, everyone's fine. We might need to have a talk when we get home though, with Misty. It's better if I explain in person though. She's okay, a little shaken up but not hurt. Love you, hun. I might be bringing home work with me again, but I'll put a pin in it."
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mary Moon

Mary's attention snapped around as Bells quoted a damn meme, brows furrowing as she then proceeded to mix jokes. Eh...would have been funnier if it was one or the other, not both. "Don't mix your jokes, they don't blend!" Mary replied in turn, eyes on Bells backside. She was fast, damn! The redhead wasn't certain if she'd ever seen anyone that quick, but there was no way in hell she was losing a race! If she did, she may as well walk into the ocean. Mary pumped her arms at her side, picking up her speed to match, her own stubborn little mindset and sense of pride forcing her to go faster and faster. Bells may have taken the lead, but she sure as hell wasn't staying there! One foot in front of the other, Mary sped up...faster and faster as she accelerated, likewise sprinting across the water. Though unlike Bells, Mary was literally running over the surface of the water and the waves rather than vaporizing them on contact, the ocean seeming to stop moving with how quickly she was moving. And in spite of that, she caught up to Bells in short order, glancing over to her. "Meep meep." With the otherwise nonsensical quote brought to the world by none other than a looney tunes bird, Mary gave a wave towards Bells. She was winning this race, dammit! Though perhaps she may have overdone it? All at once, at least from Bells perspective, Mary would seem to simply disappear in a streek of light that just as quickly disappeared.

From Mary's perspective, Bells looked like she was slowing down to a comfortable jog, and then some. In fact, looking behind her was outright horrifying...there was nothing. Just void, an empty darkness and absence of color before her. Snapping her attention forward her eyes went wide, her brain speeding up to the absolute power to process all of the information it was funneling in. The colors were wrong, it was like she was looking at a graph or study. The colors shouldn't have been visible, she knew that much, they were the same hues she'd process from an infared or ultraviolet graph, and colors she had no human word to describe or put a name to. Her field of vision seemed...wider, and everything had entirely stopped. People were entirely frozen on the streets, birds were stuck in the air, a piano that was dropping somewhere in china-town hung suspended in the air...or was that china!? One foot after the other she pressed onward, even as her mind quickly started to accelerate, focus changed from race to processing everything from a scientific standpoint. And even as all of this was going on, there was a subtle sensation, the feeling she was pressing against a thin veneer of cloth that she shouldn't cut through, something instinctual deep inside herself identifying it as naught more than 'dangerous'.

Mary had no freaking clue where she was, but reasonably if she just ran straight ahead she'd get back to Bells, right? Sure enough, she did...had she only moved a little bit since she saw her!? Mary skidded to a halt on the other end of the beach, a thick trench line of sand forced into the ground as she stopped herself, face flushed with exertion and eyes wide like she'd just seen a ghost. Now that she was stopped, Bells arrived on the beach after her, flopping from exhaustion. "WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?" Mary's voice was equally tinged with fascination, excitement, confusion, and a healthy dose of youthful terror. It all seemed to be so severely fast and so...so severely slow, her mortal mind grasping at straws to explain the experience of witnessing so much and seeing so many new places in what could only be described as a 'global lap', and not truly witnessing them at all. "WHY DID YOU SLOW DOWN!? OR DID I SPEED UP!?"
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

The Beast

As the barrier broke beneath the monsters assault it's fists went down, slamming into the poor girl who had so desperately trying to defend herself, the ground cratering from the impact and splintering. Looming over her it leaned down until it was face to face with the poor girl, to where she could feel the heat of it's breath against her face and the magmatic glow of it's eyes with reptilian slits. Those mandibles opened wide as it roared into her face before leaning back, the sound filling the desert. "Beast is strongest! You are tiny!"Before it could continue its intention of pulverizing the poor goddess it rounded about, tail swinging behind it and dangerously close to nailing the poor girl, eyes landing on Tabby. It leaned forward in a quadrupedal fashion, roaring in aggravation towards her. It wasn't done yet. "NO!" The creature marched forward, though it slowly turned into a stumble, the tempermental monster heading for Tabby as it roared again. "OUT OF BEASTS HEAD!" The creature lumbered forward, only to collapse on it's side and oh so narrowly avoiding landing on Tabby. The creature reached out as if to grab her, growling as it glared at her, it's eyes slowly blinking. "Out of...Beasts...head." If it had been but a few moments longer, Tabby could very well have been signed off as K.I.A. Another growl faded away as the monster slowly turned to man once again, soft and warm skin replacing cold and unyielding scale, Thomas curled up on his side, nude, in the desert with a slight groan. Standing upright with a hand quickly drifting to protect what little pride and privacy he had left in his life he grabbed the clothes, still trying to get his bearings and process what Tabby was saying, quickly tossing his clothes on one after the other. "I...wait...what?" Thomas blinked his eyes as he fixed his shirt, peering over Tabby's shoulder towards the car. "Oh no," he mumbled, attention going back to Tabby. "I'll get you whatever you want to pay you back, but now what do we do? I'm still...trying to get my bearings, but no one can see her...is the kid okay?"
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back