• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Casey Kemp

The memorable sound of fist connecting with jawbone filled Casey's ear, his calculation correct on where Sean would be 'jumping' to next. Raising his fists in front of himself he cracked his knuckles, the exposed flesh from Sean's earlier blow growing angrier in color with each passing moment...he was going to be nursing a second degree burn at the very least, but his pain tolerance was handling it more or less for now. He stood still as Sean contemplated his next move before raising the metaphorical white flag and crying 'uncle', Casey relaxing his stance slowly. "You rely too much on your powers. Nothing to be ashamed of there, supers eventually always start to rely on their powers more than anything else. Your only blow this fight was because you caught me off guard, which is nothing to scoff at, considering even Ada is lucky to land a hit still if she can do the same." He shifted his attention to Ada, voice neutral as ever. "You can keep him around, we'll consider this a start." He made his way over to Sean, offering him a hand up. "We need to teach you how to actually fight before harnessing that power of yours. Otherwise, anyone with the know how and the skillset can still kidnap you again, or just kill you. Ada, get me the medical kit. We have to take Sean home sooner rather than later anyways, and I'd at least like to dress this burn."
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Thomas Black

Despite Tabby's absolute best attempts to cheer Thomas up, she met naught but failure in this field, the middle-aged man looking as depressed as usual in regards to the subject at hand. "Right, try talking to her first," he echoed in an almost hollow voice, staring out the window once again. As was routine, Thomas was already looking over everything from a 'worst-case scenario' standpoint, most certainly not looking forward to any of what today had to offer. Stepping out of the vehicle into the scorching heat of the sun he stared out ahead towards the spikes and spires, an arm limply wrapping about Tabby to return the hug. Double-checking his pockets to ensure he'd handed Tabby all of his personal effects he started off forward, sand and dirt being kicked up with each step of his loafers.

Deep breath in, deep breath out. Hold his breath for a few moments, and deep and slow exhale afterwards. Repeating his process a few dozen times until he was close enough to the spikes, raising a hand in greeting as he spoke up, his voice carrying in the open air. "Hello! Er...young miss? Can I speak to you? Down here, in the lab coat with the five o'clock shadow. I'm Thomas, I need to chat with you!" He slowly and calmly waved his hand back and forth above his head in his effort to get her attention, forcing as much 'pleasantness' into his voice as he could manage.
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Blessed Death

Carmen softly hummed to herself as she continued her 'orchestra', gently sweeping her arms and hands in grand strokes and more subtle flexes of limbs and digits. Every time something was hurled towards them wires would suddenly lash out, the indistinct weapon making it appear that the things in the air simply would fall apart for lack of a better term. Curiously enough, her attempts to slam the beast face-first into the ground were met with failure, her wires carving through its horns only for it to come back together. Though that raised the question of if it's entire body could do this, or just the 'bone'. "My, isn't that inconvenient?" she mused calmly, watching Tessa begin to rush about. Hold their attention? Easily enough done. "Very well then. I'll keep it occupied." From her position on the steps she flexed her wrists calmly, the wires lashing at the creature's body from a dozen directions at random, as if a nest of hornets had taken offense to its existence and sought to sting and barb it from any which way. "I trust you've also begun to formulate a backup plan if your plan does not work?"
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni

Cosmic Arbiter

Olivine glanced over to Oracle with an otherwise blank expression, looking her over carefully. "I'm glad you can follow such a thought process for my suggestion. And you're perfectly welcome, the last thing we needed was to terrify the civilian population. You are alive, that is what matters. The whelts will be superficial at best. But as you being injured will only impede your training, and time waits for no one, I'll expedite the process for you. Ah yes, mana potions." Reaching into a pocket of her robes she produced a small glowing pink vial, roiling with bubbles and which would smell vaguely of chocolate if the cork was pulled from the top. Drinking from it would have the benefits of a mana potion, mixed with a subtle energy drink effect and a brief and positive rush of endorphins, similarly to the effect one could get from eating their favorite comfort food. "A personally blended elixer, here you go." Offering the small vial to Oracle she waited for her to accept the potion before tapping her own wrists together at the side, once...twice. With a few muttered words that ever so slightly hurt the ears to listen to a bright flash of yellow light would engulf the young girl, the bruises and soreness she'd acquired eased just a bit, and the welts likewise eased. "If you're prepared for your next lesson, after downing that, I'd like you to try to hit me with a spell. Any spell of your choosing. Or even try to physically hit me if you so choose." Stepping over the edge of the roof she calmly strided across the air and spun around, watching Oracle expectantly.
anime-girl-magician-mage-meganekko-destruction-white-hair-ruins-anime.png
ddq5wc6-68fbb5fa-4eef-4d8f-9e19-0e62bec9478b.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mary Moon

Unfortunately for Mary of clan Moon, she suffered a rare and crippling disease. Chronic if you would. Incurable as well to boot. Quipping. And unfortunately for all parties involved, that oh so crippling disease was in full effect today. "Fast? Nah, yer just slow missus. Got me with the talkative bit though, spot on." Mary kept herself poised in front of Selene, the symbolic and literal blocker between the demoness and her classmate. "Sell myself short? Ma'am, have you seen who you're talking to? I am the embodiment of short! I also get into arcades for free on weekends, it's awesome. You should really consider putting yourself towards some more constructive things rather than these cliche's. Like seriously, I'm almost certain I've seen this entire routine in at least fourteen youtuber's 'let's plays' of visual novels." Mary refused to budge an itch as Bells got closer, skin bristling beneath her voice even as her brain went full zoom and she repeated her mantra of prayers.

"Oh tempting offer. Sadly I'd have to say 'no'. I've already done my bible study for today, and I don't think you know a real prayer that's not getting someone to say 'oh god', ain't that right? Not a prayer, by the way." Mary zipped to the right all of a sudden, hand on Selena's wrist to drag her along in the same motion. Thankfully for her, that handy dandy little 'compensation field' would make sure Selena would stay alright in the sudden movement. "Ma'am you're not anything special compared to what I've seen. You want scary, try walking a convention center during midnight." Mary flashed a grin, glancing past bells and then back to her. "Oh yea, I certainly know. Sounds like you might not get it though. But you may not know it ma'am but I'm the greatest speedster there's ever been. And if you care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you. You seem like the sort who's all about getting hot and sweaty and getting blood pumping. Let's compromise. I haven't had a run this afternoon, let's have a race. I bet I can outpace you. No charming each other, no seducing, no dirty tricks or mind games. We're just going to have a run. If I can outrun you, you leave the two of us alone. If you can outrun me, I'll bid my friend here ado and we'll have some fun together. Sound fair?" As she was speaking she felt her pocket buzz, pulling her phone out and answering it, holding up a 'one moment' sign to Bells. "Yes? Oh, hi mom! Whatsup?...Uh-huh....uh...huh...uh-huh...yeaaaa?...No...nu-uh....yeeeesss?...No." As she answered her phone call, one could see the light in Mary's eyes sort of dim in the same fashion any child had when fielding a dull phone call. "Yes ma'am...yes ma'am. Okie doke, love ya, bye!" Hanging the phone up she glanced over to Selena, suddenly grabbing her wrists and going wide eyed. "Listen very closely, as I shall only say this once. I forgot to turn a paper in, and somehow my mom found out." Slowly Mary grabbed Selena's cheeks, staring her in the eyes. "I'm fine with the succubus, I'll tap dance with the devil himself, but I'm not forgetting my paper. It's final due date is in five minutes. Please please please, I'm begging you, can you rush to my room and turn it in to Professor Hucklebur? I'll be fine, but please I already made the dare here!"
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Also Lady Death

Sable had been expecting the teleport eventually, and quite honestly she was looking forward to it. She was quite happy with her lot in life at this point, having come to terms with things long ago, and she was ever so happy with her 'patron'. Dressed in a rather 'fine' set of clothes with a pistol holstered at her hip and the M1C Garand she had inherited from her father slung over her shoulder, Sable was beaming a polite little reserved smile, having greeting death in the usual fashion of a calm and polite "Salutations." Standing beside Death on the balcony the woman who looked no more than 16 in a case of deceptive appearances had her hands folded behind her back, listening thoughtfully. "Mister Pestilence does seem to have a penchant for mayhem. I mean no offense when I say this, but he's a bit 'mad', madam. I hope to serve you well in this tournament you've prepared as well. On the subject of the here and now however, m'lady, I am eager and content to assist you in any and all matters you deem fit for my skillset." Sable flashed her calm little smile again, humming thoughtfully along. "Yes, it's quite sad. You have missus Melita looking into this now, if I am correct? How is that going? Do you suppose she may need assistance?"

At the comment of 'what do you think' Sable mulled the question over carefully, lifting a leg up and suddenly slinging herself over the balcony railing, resting her rump right atop the railing bar and sitting there in that precarious position. "Hero work I shall do then, after all, that is what I am skilled at yes? L.A is very interesting based on the little visit I've had thus far. A little different from D.C, I must say." Sable reached into a pocket, pulling a small unmarked tin from it and gently rolling it around in her hands, a sure sign she was contemplating having another light snack but refusing to do so during a conversation. After all, one shouldn't snack during an important talk! Unfortunate that she was constantly aching for food though. Levelling her gaze on Death, the Concept had a chance to look her champion in the eye, dark pits with yellow gray iris and pupils inside. "I suppose to at least keep myself busy, I can make light work for the Reapers if the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise, heroics should be quite fine with me, lest you need me on a specific mission."

unknown.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Project Nexus

"Ok...Ok. I'll get you out of here, then I move on to beat his ass!" He dropped the hot metal, now forever stained with burnt flesh.
Nexus heaved the firefighter over his shoulder, reminding him of his old army training days.
Oxygen levels dropping. CO2 overload.
"What? As you mean by in this area? Know what, nevermind." There was a loud explosion, then his SONAR was suddenly disrupted. A large piece of debris ripped itself from the second floor, causing Nexus to shelter the firefighter with his own body. A large chunk of near-molten metal was chucked down onto his helmet, causing it to shut off the SONAR.
"Damnit." Embers fell at his sides as his hydraulic limbs gave them their all. "Alright man, going to go with plan B." He spoke, using a his free arm to pull his helmet off. At first the fire and smoke fazed his eyes, but the bionics quickly adjusted anyways. "Put this on. It'll help you breath and get you out of here. I'll be fine without it!"

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Morgan Adler

Morgan listened patiently as 'Syssel' spoke, ever attentive even if her expression didn't show such on her face. Even when she began to float her phone away she didn't react, knowing good and well Dietrich would act on her behalf. And of course, like clockwork, the blonde grabbed her phone from the other woman's 'grasp' before she could begin to fuss with it. Accepting her phone back from Dietrich she did a quick glance over it, no more than a few seconds devoted to it. And of course, her technology wasn't so much as scratched or even 'fried', the piece of equipment perfectly fine as ever. "Your concern is appreciated, but not required. My phone is fine. Now then." She turned her attention back to Syssel, glancing towards Dietrich for a moment and then back to the blue-haired woman. "As my companion has kindly pointed out, I will accept your contact number. You have my word, it will be remembered. Your offer of a 'job' shall be taken under consideration, and it is an appreciated form of compensation." The woman before her was interesting, and could prove to be of use. Able to transmit herself as a form of data across information streams, as well as being able to crack through government systems with ease, made her a potential tool if nothing else. "As to your earlier point. Risk with assessment is encouraged, and warranted. Unfounded risk and venture into the unknown is ill-advised. There is a difference between a calculated risk, and a blind risk. I digress, however, for this conversation. I will accept your contact information, and I can provide directions to the farmers market if still necessary."

Morgan's mind steadily raced as she pondered this and that, uses and aid she could acquire from Syseel, what she could seek as compensation for her bursting in on her in a state of undress and jumping into and from her phone. Things to consider most certainly, she would have ideas drawn up by the evening's end.
01660c822ffdc7116328ba58a3f95db9.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

girl bubbles.jpgRogue Goddess Kid
The girl, who was throwing exploding orbs at the stone still, just about jumped out of her skin when Thomas's voice reached her. She flailed and spun in the air to face him, readying a bubble to toss his way. Her brow furrowed, "Wh-what? You look like... you look like a stiff breeze could blow you over! Why are you here? I don't wanna hurt you! Go away! I'm not going home with them!!"

He, of course, didn't leave, as he didn't have a choice in this as much as she didn't. She threw down a tiny blue bubble to his side, landing a foot or two from him with a small explosion of dust, trying to be intimidating.

"Shoo!" she shouted, giving him the best glare she could offer, "Go away and leave me alone! I'm fine by myself. I'll live out here or... or go to Las Vegas and start a new life or something! That's how the movies do it!" The girl tossed another small orb his way, but her aim was not as good with this one. It, if he didn't move out of the way in time, would hit him square in the gut before exploding.

Tabby was watching from afar, sticking next to the car in the gross Nevada heat. She sat back inside and turned the AC up while she watched with a grumpy expression, nervous fluttering in her stomach making her nauseous. The Beast scared her. This was the worst... how the hell did she end up here with her job like this? She'd go back to being a vet if she could, but that would mean leaving Thomas behind and... the military probably wouldn't let her leave, either. Maybe she could volunteer at a shelter in her free ti- "ACK!!"

Selene.pngShe screeched at the sudden appearance of a fluffy set of ears beside her head.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU GODDAMNED FUCKING FUCK that startled me!" Tabby panted, hand clutching her chest. Selene, the brat that she was, had apparently managed to stow away in the back of the car under a tarp.

Selene's ears flattened, but she kept looking forward, "I wanted to see what dad's work looks like!!!"

"Fuckin'... Brat, you're gonna get us all in trouble. I really doubt your dad wants you to see this side of him. How the hell did you even GET in the car without anyone noticing?"

"I'm sneaky."

"I can see that. Just... god what the hell do I even DO in this situation?" Tabby debated on calling Thomas back, but she had no excuse that would make sense to her superiors. "Damn it. Kid, do not go outside, got it?"

"I won't," Selene grumbled, "Even if the voice says it'd be fun."

"That... is so concerning on so many levels... Damn it your dad is gonna be so upset about this. Especially if you're scared of him after this..."

"Why would I be scared of him?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Thomas Black

Thomas's hands shot up in the air above his head, one to each side of his face, eyes wide looking equally as terrified as the 'young' goddess. "Ma'am please calm down, I'd just like to talk, seriously! Also yes, stiff breeze and all that, very chilly and can knock me over. Please relax! I'm here to talk, I...I just need to talk to you. Please, I'd rather just talk." At the protests and for him to leave he stayed put, even if a tremor ran up his spine. He didn't like this, somehow this was going to go wrong, he just knew it. It could never go right. As the first bubble was tossed Thomas's eyes went wide, quickly sidestepping and backpedaling. That thing was...volatile, and extremely dangerous. And whether he liked it or not, 'fight or flight' kicked in, his pulse racing and heartbeat jumping. Deep breaths, Thomas. Deep breaths, stay calm! The poor skittish man was visibly trying to go through his breathing exercises, eyes snapping to the goddess. "Please please please, don't throw those at me. Please, can we just talk? I don't want anything to happen. Please." Thomas almost sounded like he was pleading in a very defeated tone. "I can't leave you alone. I wish I could. I know you don't want to go back. Please, we can work this out. I'll see if I can visit you, or get someone to visit you, or-shit."

Thomas's hurried bargaining was cut short as the second orb came flying at him, causing him to dodge out of the way rather than get hit. Tumbling across the desert dirt he stayed kneeling down, eyes wide and panting. A throbbing headache ran across his temples, eyes blinking red for a moment as he grit his teeth. He just had to calm down...calm down. Calm down! "Please...please stop. Don't...please don't get my pulse racing." He could do this...he could calm himself down. However, the universe was a fickle bitch, and just as Thomas was getting his breath under control, luck decided to screw him. A large stone that had gone into the air from one of those orbs of destruction started to head right back down towards the back of his head. And just as he started to stand upright the stone nailed him in the back of the head with a loud, wet, crack. Thomas didn't even have time to protest as he fell face first to the ground, everything going dark. With the built-up velocity on that stone, it could have killed him...it should have killed him.

However, and perhaps, unfortunately, it did not. A low and bestial growl pulled itself from his throat as his body twitched and slowly started to grow in size, the riiiip of fabric and cloth filling the air as his eyes snapped open, orange-red and the same tone of magma, reptilian slits for pupils. Hardened scales took the place of skin, spikes and barbs protruding from his hide as a tail elongated from his lower back. His loafers popped to shreds as he continued to expand, becoming some sort of cross breed of Saurian and Humanoid in features. A pair of mandibles flexed, the creature's breathing deep and heavy. The transformation, as painful as it appeared, took no more than a few seconds, the creature...this Beast kneeling on one knee as it righted itself.

Righting itself to its full height of 25', the creature reared its head back, mandibles flaring wide as it roared, the stones on the ground around it shaking from the vibrations. Attention, unfortunately, landed on the young goddess. A footstep forward, the very earth beneath the behemoth monster shaking. "Smash...bones!" Another step forward as the ground quaked again, the other foot stance backward as it stretched its arms at its side, mandibles flaring once again as it roared towards the goddess in challenge. With no further warning provided it charged, one step after the other causing the ground to quake, no faster than a slightly speeding car, minor vibrations able to be felt all the way back at Tabby's vehicle. Powerful muscles propelled the monster into the air towards the goddess, a taloned hand swinging back and then striking forward in an effort to slap her to the ground.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Selene.pngA Very Unlucky Child Goddess
Selene's ears quivered and shook, unable to look away from the scene in front of her. They were at least five hundred feet away, but this... thing... it felt like it was right next to them. Tabby said nothing about what just happened, knuckles turning white against the steering wheel. She glanced at Selene, "Get buckled up. We'll need to follow it. And... please for his sake try not to be too scared or hold this against him..." Selene didn't respond but with the soft click of the seatbelt.

The young goddess had flown down to Thomas's side, fretting and panicking over having hurt him, "I'm so sorry! Oh my god are you okay? I meant to miss you I..." Her voice trailed off as he transformed, however, and she stumbled back and flew up, trying to get out of range of this monster. She screamed, absolutely terrified.

Tabby winced as the young girl got spiked like a football into the ground. Selene beside her looked like she was about to cry, her ears were flat back, "H-How... how is that my dad...? That can't be my dad, right?" Tabby sighed and pet the girl's ear.

"Breathe. Calm yourself down. It's okay. You're safe here with me."

"Is... my dad ok...?"

"Eh... as much as he ever is." Selene sniffled as Tabby swallowed hard and started forward, "Hold on, we're going off-road for this. I have to keep up with him. I'm the one that has to stop him before he goes too far..." She started down the slope and out toward the monster as the goddess kid scrambled and flew out along the ground like a rock spun out by a car's wheel. Tabby stayed behind the Beast for the chase, not risking getting in close. Tabby was still shaking.

"Is he gonna hurt us...?"

Tabby gave her a side glance, "Probably not. I'm his... eh... I'm his handler. I'm a strong psychic. Even without me here, though, I doubt Beast would hurt you. Even like that, I don't think he could hurt you. Maybe kidnap you, but not harm you."

"Why is he like that?"

"An accident."

"Is this... why we can't be a family together? And why I don't know my mom either?"

"Yes... He's... dangerous. Unfortunately."

"But you just said he's not dangerous to me."

Tabby nodded, "Yeah... It's not my choice. I'd let him be with you two. The military wants to keep him with you two as a carrot on a stick."

"That's... wrong."

"I know, hun," Tabby held up a hand as the radio crackled to life, You're getting outside of visual range. Be careful. "Understood." She sighed and mumbled to herself, "Great... just great. I get to be alone. Again. Not even alone! I have a fuckin' kid!! Selene, look. Right now your dad - Beast - he's really big and while he wouldn't try to hurt you, I can't guarantee that he wouldn't hurt you on accident. We have to be really careful. And if I get hurt you have to run. Ok?"

Selene started to cry and Tabby just sighed and pet her head again, "I... I... ok..."

The small goddess girl flew as fast as she could but there was no way she could flee from a raging beast. In desperation, she turned and tried to throw bubble after bubble at him, each exploding on contact with the force of a stick of dynamite.

Last edited:
1650497212190.pngSyssel
"555-632-8899," Syssel said, smiling softly at the man. He kind of reminded her of a spooked kitten right now, while this woman was more like a bored mastiff. Both cute in their own ways. This went waaaay better than it could have. She didn't get a gun pointed at her the instant she appeared. That was always a plus in her book. "Well that's good that your phone's undamaged. I didn't think it would be but, again, I've never run into that kind of defense. So. Can't be too careful," she said, her words as calm as they had been the whole time. She was being totally truthful.

"I have no doubt you can remember that and more," she teased, "You must be brilliant. I'll find my way to the farmer's market just fine, thanks."

Her form changed, a crackling of particles overtaking her from head to toe. She looked completely different now, hair a strange mix of neon colors in pigtails, holographic emblems flickering in her hair and across her chest. In fact, her whole form seemed immaterial now, and if they paid especially close attention, through her skin there were bits of data and code whizzing past. Too quick and too far "under" her skin to read, but it seemed to make up her strange new body.

Syssel gave a polite bow, floating a couple inches off the ground, "This is my digital form. I wanted to avoid startling you too badly again. I'll be off now." She half-waved, and her new neon form sucked away like dust into a vacuum, becoming a neon blue-pink light, which went into the AC unit with a soft crackle of electricity. She liked those two. Didn't get their names, but hopefully they'd actually message her. She didn't need an internet connection to travel, though it was much faster, so the AC's path from itself to the power grid would do fine enough. She certainly wasn't going to use that phone again! Syssel made sure to take a mental image of that connection for future use, so she didn't end up an accidental prisoner one day.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka

death2.pngLady Death
"I'm sure you'll do well, Sable. Melita is having some issues, especially now, since the bastards teleported into a pocket dimension. She collected a few souls for questioning, though. That's nice..." Death held her head with both hands, looking positively adorable despite her power, "I will wait until she requests assistance to offer her it. D.C. is much more of a police state, is it not? A lot of military heroes train there.

Death looked back at her champion and offered her a small smile, "You would probably enjoy it, yes. Have fun with your free time, dear. I'll let you know when the time comes for the tournament. Other champions should be arriving soon as well. I do think we will be opening the tournament to the mortals here, should they wish to join it. Hmm... Should I make an announcement about it for this world? Or would that freak people out?"

bells.pngBells
Bells couldn't help but giggle at the bubbly woman in front of her. She was absolutely adorable. Bells waved off the quips with her hand, grinning. She motioned to her shoes, "I'm wearing heels right now but I'm only 4'9", myself. We're in the short camp together, my dear."

Selena yelped at the sudden movement, sort of getting snapped back to reality with the motion. She blushed like a tomato and stared at Mary's shoulder instead of looking at the irritatingly hot villain. Neither Bells nor Selena had a chance to respond before Mary got a phone call. Bells was politely quiet for it, perhaps surprisingly, but she didn't actually have any horrible plans for these two. They were just speedsters like her, so she bothered them. It was nothing fancy or weird. The whole "villain" thing had nothing to do with it.

Selena yelped again and jerked, "I-I-Um, I... okay. Yes! Okay. I'll do it. I... I got it." She nodded fast enough to give a normal person whiplash and then tried to run off to help her friend out. She was decently fast, but unfortunately for her, she still had little control over her powers and turns were a little bit above her capabilities right now. Bells and Mary could hear (and see) her skid out at the first turn she had to make, and slam into a brick wall. She got herself back up, whatever compensation field she had protected her as was common with speedsters, and took a second before running off again.

Bells watched that mess with a raised brow, "Um... I see they're a newbie. You sure she's gonna be okay?"

"If you really wanna race I'd have to take off my heels and stuff. I have some stuff I wear to make myself slower so people have more of a chance of keeping up with me. Otherwise, it's no fun," she rubbed the back of her head, tail swishing about awkwardly, "I don't actually want to do bad things to you or whatever. I'm not really a... like... violent villain most of the time. Honestly, I'm just a villain because I don't get Earth's rules... It confuses me." Bells cleared her voice and tapped her shoes, the bit of magic removing the high heels. She dropped about four inches, and was now roundabout eye level with Mary, only an inch taller than her. She took her bells off one by one, "I wanna race sure since it sounds fun, but um... I mean... like... I'd like to chat with you guys more later. I don't have any speedster friends."

Oracle.jpgOracle
Oracle downed the potion with a satisfied "ahh", both from the potion and the healing spell. She stood back up and faced her teacher, likewise walking off the roof. "Personally blended, huh?" she muttered, stretching one arm over her head as she considered her options, "I suppose that's something I'll have to learn from you as well. I don't know much about potioncraft, except for like... really basic ideas."

Something big. Something fast. There was no point in going slow with this woman, her teacher, it wouldn't even come close to hitting her if she held back.

She held out her hands in front of her, arms straight, and one of her rings lifted up, the other staying behind around her waist. The one that was now above her head split in two, then four, then eight. Her eyes scrunched slightly - that was as far as she could manage with one ring. Splitting it further would risk it breaking, and that was unpleasant. All eight rings copied her spell, a circle of purplish magic building itself with the ring as the brace.

How far could she take it? They were high enough up that they didn't risk hitting others unless she was positively negligent. Mana consumption was a concern, but using circles to support the spell made it far less costly. Ideally, she'd use different spells for each ring, but that was definitely pushing it... Wellllll... Oracle considered it and adjusted a couple of the circles to do things a little differently. One to go slower, one to go faster than the rest. To try to throw her off.

All eight cast at once, creating a barrage of sparkling spheres that were reminiscent of stars. As planned, one circle's stars went faster, the other slower, but the other six went at a respectable brisk walking pace. They swirled chaotically as she kept the circles going, as though trying to find some strange orbital pattern. Each would hit with the force of a sledgehammer thanks to their density, and could burn if in proximity for too long.

ada.jpgAda and Sean
"My powers are all I have right now..." Sean grumbled, taking his hand with and standing, the other cupped against his jaw. Fuck that hurt. He went quiet as he spoke to Ada, not feeling particularly cheery about the situation. Ada absolutely beamed happiness, bouncing. She was so pleased. Sean was still pissed off. He sighed and held out his hand, healing the wound with an aura instead of a pointed spell so he couldn't just avoid the damned thing - plus it healed his jaw at the same time.

"You won't let me just heal Ada but I absolutely refuse to leave wounds I made unhealed. There would be no point to that but masochism," Sean said as firmly as he could, trying his best to meet Casey's eyes despite being terrified of the man.

Ada bounded up to him and yanked him by the arm, nearly knocking him over, "Seaaaaaan! I'm so happy! That was cool! Your powers could have so many uses! I'm gonna have so much fun helping dad make your lesson plan. I can think of tons of stuff you'll be able to do once you actually reach a useful level with it. Oh oh oh, dad! If we can convince his parents to let him go on a 'trip' with us there's that one deserted island we know! We could drop him there for a bit for survival skills."

"You're both insane..." Sean grumbled, voice totally and utterly defeated. Having a crush on this girl was going to be the death of him.

Chutes.jpgChutes
"Oh wow...," Chutes muttered, eyes stuck on Adon, "That's um... Well... That's unique, that's for sure." His tail started to wag and his ears perked up upon the realization that the date was still on, "Great! Okay! So, um, the um, right!" He stepped back out into the hall and began walking, excitement building for the little wolf, "Well we can do a number of things, really. I want to make sure to do some things that you enjoy, though. I hardly want myself to be the only one having fun. It's nearly lunchtime, so my first thought is to eat." He offered out his hand, stopping in front of her, "If you would be so kind."

1650512693745.png"Please bear with it, this may be a hint uncomfortable," he said, taking her hand and transporting them to an entirely different location - an entirely different reality. They touched down surrounded by perfectly still water and clouds on an island with soft grass and a single tree. There was a picnic basket and blanket on the ground. Chutes made sure she was steady and not dizzy before he sat down on his knees, tail curling around to the side.

His cheeks reddened and he swallowed down his nervousness again. This was fine. She wasn't scared of him.

"Here you go," Chutes opened the basket and offered a plate with a large sandwich on it, taking one for himself as well, "I can get you whatever sauce you want if you want any. And here, for a drink, I have some options. I got ambrosia from Heaven, a bottle of wine from Italy, an assortment of sodas, and some water. I tried to think of what you might like - and what Agas might like since I don't know if she tastes what you taste or not."

He took a can of coca-cola for himself, "Ambrosia has a strong effect though, just as a warning. It's similar to alcohol but with a healing effect. Different from Greek Ambrosia, mind. That's even more potent but in different ways."

mistymarshall.pngMisty
The gelatinous mess seemed to consider this offer. Its processing power as far as intelligent lifeforms was lacking at best, so it took a few moments, but it seemed to come to a decision. A slimy arm of ooze lashed out at Adam, trying to consume him as well. "Why not bothhhh?" it hissed, seeing no reason to choose between one or the other. It tried desperately to force any air out of Adam just like Misty. Both would be a great offering, far better than simply one. An adult wasn't as preferable for training purposes, apparently. It didn't make sense of such desires, it wasn't the one that chose such things.

nadia.jpgSeiva and Nadia
"We don't harm heroes unless they try to fight you first here," Seiva explained, "You disappeared and I couldn't find you. I tried to search for you. Eventually I had to give up and move on with my goal - which I DID find my dad, by the way. He's Hades-" She looked to Machina, "Yes, that Hades. Anyway, that's all I have to really explain. A lot of time has passed for me, but it seems like you experienced some sort of temporal shifting and now you're here. I became a general again when I got home after finding my father and worked up to becoming a Demon Lord."

"Oh, also, don't break her suit, either. Try not to do that kind of thing when you fight if you can. They're expensive to make and to repair, from what I understand," Nadia added to Jax, giving him a sweethearted smile, "I'm happy you're safe, Jax. That sounds perfectly fine to me, Machina. I handle the paperwork for Lady Seiva. She... respectfully, you don't want her doing the paperwork. It's a mess when she does it."

"Bah. I'm not that bad!"

"Yes, you are," Nadia countered, "Miss Machina, I can make us some hot chocolate. I'll make it with my good chocolate, as thanks for your handling of this mess."

Seiva squeezed Jax's hand again, "Jax. We'll need to get you registered with their system. I sincerely doubt you'd like to live in Hell. This world's system of heroes and villains would suit you well. We'll need to take you to a registration building. I wonder what class you'd be... hm."

Osuka Osuka Djinni Djinni

1650516305330.pngHaunted House
"Yes ma'am," Magnus nodded, floating a little higher up just in case, "I'd really rather not get caught in something like that - it sounds incredibly unpleasant."

The distraction dance was more than effective enough. While this creature was incredibly violent and good at stalking its prey, they had taken away much of its ability to overwhelm them. There was nothing more to throw but pebbles, and it couldn't fly through the walls, and on top of that, this damned woman was slashing at it! There was little it could do. It gave out a low, angry hiss, which the small creature in Magnus's arms returned.

"Hah, this little thing really doesn't like that big one," Magnus chuckled, eyes still focused on the fight, but he wasn't doing anything yet. At the moment, the girls had it well in hand, and he'd only get in the way if he tried to fight while keeping the little one in check in his arms. As annoying at it may be, he stayed floating above that level and merely increased his influence to stop any flying rocks dead in their tracks. He grinned, dead in their tracks, that was a funny one, he'd have to use that later and see if Carmen hated it.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Djinni Djinni

Mary Moon

Mary had flashed a brief grin about being in the short camp together, though the dread of realizing she somehow forgot to turn in a paper had entirely overwhelmed the sensation that Bells was super duper attractive, and had even managed to short-circuit her quipping ability for an astonishing point five seconds. However, her brain managed to 'reboot' quick enough, a wide and appreciative smile to Selena. "Thank you so much! You're an angel, my hero! You got this!" The thick irony of 'you got this' was quickly followed by the unfortunate sight and sound of her face planting into a wall, Mary visibly cringing at the sight. "Ohhh, that looked like it might sting a bit." Mary snapped her attention back to Bells, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, resisting the urge to 'shuffle'. "I can neither confirm nor deny the 'newbie'ness of my friend...Nor can I confirm nor deny her being alright. I'm sure it'll be fiiiine."

As Bells explained her situation, Mary stopped shifting her weight back and forth, humming thoughtfully. "I see. Well I mean...no offense but I don't really want to partake in anything from the second circle with you, so we're on the same page there. If you have trouble with earths rules, I'm sure there's courses you could take to help you understand them, or at least ask a friend to help with that...Tell you want. Get rid of the bet, just a race. And uh...we can chat, I guess? I just...y'know, you're still technically a villain. So we'd have to be...sneaaaaky about it?" Mary reached down, smoothing out her skirt calmly and stretching an arm high above her head, stretching a leg far behind herself as she stretched the other in front of her and then swapped legs in an effort to loosen up and limber up. "You name the place. We'll uhm...shoot, how should we do 'go'? I can toss a quarter in the air, and the moment it hits the ground we can dash off? I'm not sure how it is with a demon, but realistically speaking we should both be able to process the exact moment the coin hits the ground if we focus on it." Mary did a quick check over herself...sneakers laced. Tie nice and in place. She reached up, brushing a bang back slowly. "Alright alright, get over here. I've got a quarter. Name the spot." Mary reached into a pocket as she rummaged for a quarter, mind having sped up to process her planning as well as the situation. "Thanks for letting me take that phone call, by the way. Preciate that."
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1650618793069.jpegBells
“As much as I am unendingly in need of sexual energy as a byproduct of being a succubus, I seek consent too,” Bells rolled her eyes, “And contrary to whatever book you believe in, I seriously doubt God gives a damn who or how you fuck. Well… given Heaven’s hate boner for demons, they might actually care when it comes to us. But eh. Most of the homophobic crap isn’t even true to translation! It got edited in like five hundred years ago or whatever!”

She waved off the thought, “Aaaanyway, right. Yes there are courses I could take. No I can’t take them. I’m a villain and therefore cannot legally register for things without getting arrested first. I’m not exactly willing to get arrested by stupid policemen and put in a box. You should know very well how horrible it feels to not be able to move freely as a speedster. That’s torture. Plus your church hates my very existence so I doubt they’d let me either. Let’s go that way.” Bells pointed toward the direction of the ocean, “If we run on the water then it should be fun. Less people to worry about, only boats and waves. If we start here, we have pretty much a straight shot down to the beach.”

Bells was rather calm, for a speedster. She didn’t flit back and forth or bob from leg to leg. In reality it was because she was kind of down right now and wasn’t feeling it, but even at the best of times she wasn’t a jumping, quipping maniac like Mary. “I can see the coin touch the ground yes. It doesn’t have anything to do with me being a demon, my super-powered gene is from a human ancestor,” she grumbled, annoyed, but sighed and let it go, giving Mary a coy smile, “I’m a succubus, not a barbarian. I know manners.”

She zipped to the side of Mary, unable to help herself, the lesbian sense she was giving off was positively intoxicating. She whispered to the other girl, “I can be secretive, you know? And… I can look however you want. Shapeshifting is a common trait for us.” Bells shifted her form, only a few inches from Mary’s face, appearing human. She touched Mary’s hip with just a finger or two, biting her lip, “And it’s not healthy to hide your urges… If you wanted me to relieve you of some frustrations, at any time, you can call me. I’ll be more than happy too.”

Bells cleared her throat, bounding back a step or two with a quick movement, her tail curling around herself in frustration, “Ah… anyway. It’s best if I have this race looking like this. It’ll avoid causing problems for you. Mm… just so you know, I won’t go easy on you. Toss the coin when you’re ready.”

Unagi gulped as she walked forward towards the house. Hearing Hannyas words she gulped "o-oh, good, so that wasnt my imagination. I uhh. Can feel like 27 magic spells targeted on us just waiting.... Hannya... please dont touch your sword at all." she said with a tinge of fear, looking at the door she could see it creep open.

the spider doll was.... enamored, that house, was radiant. A beautiful light was inside, shining through every crack and window. She could feel it gently basking her body in warmth, as if a pair of arms had gently held her very soul and told her it was okay, The queen, Queen of all Queens, one who all of her kind were born to follow. Was inside, Her steps were shaky but her face had a zealous smile plastered onto it. "Dont worry....I can hear her.... She says we are welcomed" The spider doll said as she walked inside with no hesitation, giving a shiver of pure ecstacy as she was further basked in whatever energy suffused throughout the house

The Beast

After spiking the poor 'child' into the earth the creature landed with a thundering rumble, skidding across the ground and sending cracks across the terra firma as saurian feet gripped at the ground, a hand smashing into the earth to slow the skid. Leaning forward in a quadrupedal stance it opened it's maw again, mandibles flared as it roared once again in challenge, given the fact its 'target' was still up and looked relatively fine. However, as the creature roared to assert his place as the dominant individual one of those orbs came flying forward and nailed him in the face, causing his head to jerk from the explosion and snap his mandibles shut. Fire red eyes blinked, horizontal eyelids similar to a reptilian blinking once or twice. Righting himself he roared once again, charging across the ground, though each orb managed to connect and slow him for only a few moments, the blasts enough to stumble it at least. Horrifying enough, however, there seemed to be no real damage to it's scaled hide. "ANNOYING LITTLE BUG!" Charging across the ground an orb nailed him in the knee and sent it tumbling, only for it to quickly right itself and sprint forward in rage. Taking a stance the Beast raised it's hands to its side before slamming them together in front of it. The sheer force was more than enough for a sonic boom to resonate across the Nevada desert and crack the earth right below, a massive gust of wind erupting from the shockwave towards the goddess in an attempt to ground her. Of course, there was also the downside that if Tabby and Selene was too close, they could also get hurt from the sonic boom, though likely not close enough to rupture their ear drums or cause hearing loss.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Also Lady Death

Sable continued to gently turn the tin in her hands end over and over as she listened to her patron, ignoring the ache in her stomach. When was the last time she ate? Ten minutes ago? How she missed not being hungry all the time, so terribly inconvenient! "Missus Melita has always been rather efficient, at least to my knowledge and interactions with her. And yes, D.C is a bit more of a military and police hero sector. After all, several military installations, several important seats of power to the fifty states. I had the pleasure of serving with the military themselves, once upon a time. Oh this was before I had met you face to face, I should think. I believe I told you the tale before, no? Turned in my license for a time to serve, an unfortunate time those. A bit maddening as well, so many bodies..." As impolite as it may be, a thin line of saliva began to trail from the corner of the ghoul's lips before she caught herself, fishing a handkerchief from her pocket and dabbing at her lips. The handkerchief was embroidered with a little Grim Reaper wielding a rifle rather than a scythe, her 'calling card' as it were. Putting the cloth back in her pocket she cleared her throat.

"Is Sir Azroch even allowed to participate? I know War does favor him, but such a political mess, the affairs of man, devils, and angels...hm, do you suppose Sir Pestilence's 'trouble making' that you brought up before may relate to the tournament?" The ghoul got a thoughtful look on her features once again before realizing that had been a genuine question and not rhetorical. "If I may say so, mistress, a worldwide announcement would panic oh so many. Perhaps best to hand pick individuals? A worldwide message would only encourage the doomsday cults, don't you think? Not to mention panic nations, and more than a few heroes and villains may get a touch out of hand over such a thing."
unknown.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back