• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Glass

Glancing up at an opportune moment, Glass saw another figure standing in the door the chains came from. Standing inside of it was a young looking woman, but she had the same distinct aura of chaos that the man did... and now didn't. Moreover, she was holding a wand, which could only be a weapon. "Elementa! Alexandria! Follow me!" She said, rushing forward to confront her. The rush turned into a shoulder ram, sending her flying if she hit.

Glancing around at the new location, she recognized that this was not, in fact, a Jambo Juice. It was some kind of store. The rows of objects lined the walls, each of them marked with chaos. "What... the actual fuck...?"

Last edited:
Elementa
Oh shit. Fuck shit hell damn. Keeping a calm visage over her panic, she pat the child's head as she put him down. "Got 'im. Now I'll go fix him up and see what he's doing, okay?" She said, before making a quick burst of movement to the downed villain.

Automatically going into chest compressions, Elementa's mind ran in overdrive, time feeling slow around her. What happened? She'd spent so long practicing her lightning to work like a police taser, no stronger or weaker. It made no sense. Perhaps he had some kind of heart condition? A pacemaker? He was a bit lanky, but relatively young and healthy looking.

She was removed from her focus when Mechanica rushed over and informed her that it was a pacemaker, but a really old model. It shouldn't even work anymore at all, and the lightning was the last straw. What was weird is he didn't even look old enough to have such an old pacemaker...

Not a few moments later, Glass went rushing to a door, calling to be followed. But Elementa couldn't do that, not with the kid here and the victim. Mechanica should be able to help fine. She was less sure of what was going on when she shoulder rammed a rough looking girl into a door... and then disappeared altogether.
Djinni Djinni Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Virology Lab; Dr. Peter Lance

The scientist clapped once, twice, thrice in excited fashion, grinning wide after shaking her hand. "Yes, yes! Everyone went absolutely mad over toilet paper, I'm not overly sure why honestly! Was very strange, didn't make much sense to me." The Doctor grinned wide as Viona talked about 'being good' with this sort of thing. "Yes yes, I suspected as much! As to what I'm doing with the Coronavirus, the obvious thing! A test trial, study the effects of what it causes!" The doctor moved back to the beaker, tapping it gently with his index finger before dropping a few droplets of something into it from an eyedropper, a small plume of smoke shooting out of it in an almost comical fashion. "This should be the perfect blend of 'food' for the virus I'm working with!" He glanced over his shoulder towards Viona again, pushing his glasses up a bit. "Stop me, huh? Well, you already said you're not much of a hero. What's the plan then, kiddo? Are you going to test me with this study, or are you going to try to like...punch me in the face?"
latest.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Detective Marshall

"Yes but humans don't get attracted to their pets, Death. Well, a vast majority don't." Adam nodded slowly as Death explained the reasoning on why Concepts didn't get directly involved, further insight to keep in mind he supposed. He didn't have much input to offer as the 'all' powerful individuals bickered amongst themselves this way and that. "I appreciate the understanding, Death." Giving a wave of goodbye to the two Concepts that remained behind as he walked out with Death itself...herself(?) at his side. "I'm not one to judge on any matter, ma'am. As far as I'm concerned, children are their own sort of all-powerful individual. The sort I'm still figuring out." Stopping short of Lexi, Chutes, and Muse he rested his hands in the pockets of his trench coat, looking over to Death. "Appreciate the sentiment, I try to be a good sort. Oh? Sure, here." Pulling his phone from a pocket he handed it over to Death, waiting for her to put her number in. "I'll let you know what comes of it, after I call my wife obviously."

Attention drifted to the rest, eyes landing on Chutes. "I'm sorry to bother you today, Mister Chutes. I hope you have a smooth rest of your day. As for you two," attention drifted again to Muse and Lexi, the detective fishing a cigarette from a pocket and lighting it, puffing on it slowly. "Misty and Dunnie have gone missing, and Sylvia can't find them. Given everything going on lately, I'm putting a pin in work to find my daughter and Dunnie. You two are going to come with me so I can find the kids. Lady Death, Mister Chutes, I thank you for your cooperation today." He took a long drag off his cigarette, blowing a large plume in front of himself after doing so. "Alright folks. Let's save questions, I'm not about to stand around wasting time, let's go find the kids. To the car, both of you."
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

James

James looked like he was having whatever one would call the lovechild of an aneurism, a stroke, and a heart attack all rolled into one, temple still throbbing. "No, no. I highly doubt it's your fault. And slapping something Lovecraft wrote about sounds like it'd cause more trouble than anything." He took a deep breath and a slow exhale, standing upright and patting where he had previously been stabbed, examining the cut clothing. Easy enough fix, he supposed. "I'll be fine, sooner we get this sorted the sooner my family is safe and I can focus on getting them out of these books. Sato is...going to need time to recover, and usually, Thyris would support her. But again, entertaining dumbfuck of the week. As far as I know, she could be on the ground crying and having a mental breakdown. I dunno, that's why we're going to hurry...up."

Then came the suggestion to toss the O.A member in with Hignar, an unusual look coming across James' face, a sadistic Cheshire Cat grin. "You're right...saves me trouble." Grabbing the poor bastard beneath the arms he hauled him towards Hignar's door, working with the locks for another five minutes before the vault like door slowly creaked open. "Come get you later, kay bye have fun." And without much of a wish of 'take care', James tossed the poor guy into the field of endless plains, raising his voice into a hollar. "HIGNAR, CHEWTOY!" And just like that he slammed the door, rushing with the locks even as he heard thundering footsteps and a roar that filled him with nothing but dread. "There, no longer my problem for the next two hours. Honestly, she only needs thirty minutes but I mean...fuck em."
james_angry.png
1645842635331.png
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Casey Kemp

Sean was proving very little this entire time. If anything, he was proving to be easily spooked, and just as scared of his own skillset as being covered in cuts and bruises. Though it all happened in but a few moments, the kid wasn't looking much like himself anymore. And though his kick landed, it didn't do much more than tickle him. Casey quickly backpedaled, cracking his knuckles as he stared down the otherwise frightening opponent he was looking at. Well, frightening to most, but Casey looked as unflinching as ever, face stoic determination and uncaring. "Great, my daughter is interested in a freakshow," he grumbled beneath his breath, rolling his shoulders. Eyes twitched as he watched the 'creature' lunge for his daughter, quickly advancing forward in diagonal advancements, feet shuffling advances.

Ada would be fine, of that much he was certain. Her reaction 'twitch' made her a hard-to-hit target unless you knew what you were doing. Obviously, this boy didn't know what he was doing. No, it was more like a stupid dog in how it was acting. And when a dog bit the wrong person, you had to put it down. "Sean, if you can still hear me. Get your shit together, or you're going to have a rude awakening. As for you. You're one more stupid move away from never feeling your legs again." Step one was to make himself seem like a better target, even if that meant barbs and insults. "Ada, make yourself scarce, that's an order." Casey advanced quickly on the opponent, eyes never leaving him. He was still human-shaped, and unless Seans biology changed, he still had the same nerve clusters. First, a shin kick for a Peroneal strike for right above the exterior knee of his leg, the desired result numbness and a tingling sensation from point of impact all the way down his leg. It could last from 30 seconds to five hours...and Casey was aiming to inflict the latter. Then, follow up with a closed fisted Kidney blow while his back was still turned.
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie

"Madder than the Hatter himself, Father. And of course I'm alright. You really think I'm one to get into trouble?" A small little coy smile was flashed before she became more reserved again, arms folded across her chest. "Uhhhh," she started at the question, nodding slowly as Agas released her grip on the third 'person' in Natalie's skull. "Uh, yea. Come out or...I don't know how to do this." Go outside, then. You'll be fine. Because Natalie knows better than to let anything go wrong. Sunshine and rainbows as always, aren't you? Natalie gave a weak shrug, still trying to figure out where to go from here.
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Cosmic Arbiter

Olivine watched patiently as Oracle figured out her next move, nodding slightly as she started to utilize spatial magics to get through the remaining rings. As Oracle arrived back nearby she glanced over to her, nodding gently once again. "Correct, it wasn't meant to be easy." Noting that the weights weren't doing much she snapped her fingers, the weights turning into a display of little soap bubbles that drifted upwards and floated away before hovering in the air, the woman performing an elaborate hand gesture and a muttered few words in an unknown tongue as the bubbles turned to hollow stones, her hand held up with the finger in a 'one moment' gesture. "Oh, I assure you, I've only started testing you. Dodge." Lowering her index finger to be leveled towards Oracle the hollow stones started to buzz and zip around like a horde of enraged hornets. Being hit by one of those would certainly at the very least leave a bruise if not a welt, a sheer whistle following them as they zipped this way and that in an effort to nail the poor teen.
anime-girl-magician-mage-meganekko-destruction-white-hair-ruins-anime.png
ddq5wc6-68fbb5fa-4eef-4d8f-9e19-0e62bec9478b.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Spear, at the firehouse
DIDJA MISS ME!?

As Axiom entered, he was met with someone begging for their lives. He makes his way to the voice, only to hear another familiar voice, then a gunshot. There he stops once he sees a slumped body at the feet of Spear. Spear greeted him, but Axiom didn't hear him. Spear wanted to play a game, but Axiom wasn't interested in playing. All Axiom did was hold eye contact with Spear with still, cold eyes. Light the doors to his spirit had just shut. Luckily for Spear, he retreated deeper into the station before Axiom took another step in his direction.

Axiom was snapped out of his pseudo-trance by Orpheus and one part of him was surprised that he was in the building himself and on the other hand was elated to have assistance. Orpheus wondered what would he do with one of the last foundations of the fire station was giving away.He needed to work fast if that was the case. Axiom looked through the diminishing flames and found a few fire-fighters trapped in place some of the fallen debris. They look at Axiom in surprise and relief.

"A hero? I'm not going to lie, I didn't think any of you guys were in the neighborhood. Count us lucky that you were." on of the firemen responds

"You men need to get out. There's people out there who will need you to save their lives another day and there's people who need you now." Axiom assures them with a smile "If you're not hurt, I'm going to need your help getting everyone else out. My armor won't be able to absorb the flames fast enough but that's where I'm going to need you to come in. Find whoever else is in the building and take hem outside. The ambulance should be out there waiting for anyone who's injured."

"Will do, let's get a move on,boys!" Another firefighter commands as they all begin helping the civilians and fellow firefighters up out of the building and sure enough, the ambulance was there waiting to help the wounded

Axiom looks back to Oprheous "Here's hoping that's the majority of the people that were trapped in here. If not, then I'm counting on you to find them. I know this is alot of faith I'm placing in a stranger but I know no one just comes into a burning building with someone with someone they just met if they didn't have an ace up their sleave. I'll support the building for as long as you need to see if there's anymore survivors and to put an end to the ones responsible. Besides, I'd take it you'd want to confront the one who almost took your son's life for yourself. May the best be with you, sir! And do try to make it out alive! I'd want your son to be proud of his father by the end of all this!" Axiom gives him a two-fingered salute and a smile before running outside to see what the damage was.
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Orpheus looked to axiom as he heard the villains proclomation. Nodding before he walked into the fire unphased, "unfortunately, My profession is not one to take pride in." He said quietly before he began to seek out the survivors. Quickly honing in on their screams or crys for help. and slicing down anything in his way to them. "Remain quiet." he told them as he hoisted both over his shoulders and walked to the nearest window. Looking to the police officers. he had two survivors now. THe firemen seeing him in the window quickly got the trampoline ready. Orpheus promptly dumping them out the window. "One left, no sign of the clown" he said as even with the fires. The room he was in was cold. Closing his eyes he tried to focus on any noises that werent the crackling of firen or the sirens of the cars outside.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Based off what Axiom could see to the outside damage, it wasn't great. The blaze was intensive, it'd obviously been going for a while before anyone arrived, a brick wall already having caved from internal structural damage and a collapse somewhere else. It tumbled down, the rest of the wall starting to threaten to collapse. He had volunteered to support the building, and he found the perfect place to do so, perhaps.

"Help me! That fucking freak is still here somewhere! Oh god, the fire's getting higher!" the shouting of one of the firemen could be heard just a few rooms away from Orpheus, banging against something, presumably a doorway. Approaching the sounds would reveal a hand waving towards him, trying to get his attention. "You! Yes you! Please help me! Yes, help me! Ahahahahahahaa!" Rounding the corner to get full view, Orpheus would find naught but a dismembered arm, being operated like a makeshift puppet by the psychopath responsible for all of this. "I've been working on my ventriloquism act, what do you think? Do rate the show fairly!" Spear slowly backed away, dismembered arm still in his grip...though its owner nowhere to be found, the fires raging around him still. "Would you like an encore, perhaps? Or want to join the next show?"
aa43ef43417489a7fbbffdbe7c6bdbe5.png

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Offshore Prison

A stone-faced guard moved through the prison, one foot in front of the other. Shouts and complaints could be heard from the prisoners all around him, a petty fight being quelled by a small group of guards between two of the more super inclined individuals. Further, into the prison, he moved adjusting his cap a bit as he approached the most secure cells. Though, one was of course not the norm. After all, they only kept the one inside here out of a mutual understanding. Or at least, they had kept him here, because that was about to be past tense. The electronic beep of a lock going off could be heard, the guard stepping into Eternox's cell, a hand reaching into his pocket before producing a small business card-sized piece of paper that simply had an address...the same one Chrysos and company would be heading to. "A friend of the Spider called in for a favor. This is where you're going. And this conversation isn't happening. You'll be cooperating with heroes who will fill you in." It was short and to the point, the guard apparently having the same conversational skills one would have of a certain super genius. After all, you work for a boss long enough, you start to pick up traits...like being straight to the point. He'd been employed with the prison for years now, and apparently, his lot got pulled to give some assistance to Chronos.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

As they were waiting in the library, Lexi had fallen asleep she wanted to avoid any wrath the librarian would throw at her if she had been too loud or if any antics happened as she walked around and so she just sat at a table near where Marshall had entered his conversation. It wasn't even ten seconds sitting there until she fell asleep. For the most part she was oblivious to the world, as she slept Lexi slowly started to rock her head back and forth inching closer and closer to the desk, after multiple times of nearly hitting the desk her head came down with a slam causing Lexi to bolt up confused and looked left and right. Her usually spherical face had been flattened by the desk slam "I'M AWAKE, I'M AWAKE, I WASN'T SLEEPING!" She yelled out unintentionally "....Sorry everyone, sorry" She said a little embrassed at how she just yelled
out of seemingly nowhere

Lexi stretched and yawned as she noticed Detective Marshall walking out with someone she didn't recognize but holy hell did she feel somewhat familiar. She stood up and started to wait to here what was going on with this all unfortunately her mood and smiled dropped dead upon hearing what Detective Marshall said "Misty and Dunnie have gone missing, and Sylvia can't find them. Given everything going on lately, I'm putting a pin in work to find my daughter and Dunnie. You two are going to come with me so I can find the kids. Lady Death, Mister Chutes, I thank you for your cooperation today." She watched him take a long drag of his cigarette, if someone could read her mind all they would see would be a spinning circle of ideas and it stopped on probably the worst choice she could make "You got it detective!" She said as he took the drag. Lexi turned around and suddenly before he even had a chance to start talking about going to get in the car, she was off like a bolt of lightning running around the city to try and find Misty, which thanks to all the pictures of her in the office, she knew what the girl looked like, all that was left was to find her.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Selena Star.jpgSelena Star
Selena was still struggling to even move right, her every movement jerky and unnatural to her, but she had a big smile on her face as she figured it out with Mary. Mary was so cool! Her family was so cool. The fact that her dad made superhero equipment and that they all had powers??? So stinking cool. Selena had taken the week off from classes since this happened, thankfully something covered by the school's policies, to hopefully figure out how to function. Addison had gone to class, so she was trying her best to take a walk/jog/run/sprint (it depended from moment to moment) with Mary. The best way to learn was to do it, after all!

Amazingly, she didn't feel tired yet, just overwhelmed. She had never been much of a runner or athlete before, and now, running felt as easy as breathing. Maybe that's why it was being so hard to control? Selena stumbled to a stop once again on the sidewalk, putting her hands to her knees as she tilted her head and looked at her friend Mary, "This is crazy." She had been saying that every five minutes. She couldn't help it! "I... sorry. I know I must be getting annoying. I just... I keep thinking I'm going to wake up any minute now."

She looked ahead, "How fast can you go? Should we... I mean... should we try to see how fast I can go??"

1645901650502.pngResurrector
"Come on! Get to it! We have a quota to meet, brat."

The exhausted, absolutely sleep-deprived young man groaned and was smacked on the back of the head. He snapped his head up, "I'm awake..."

"We need you to do five today."

"F-five? But that one girl... the... the Japanese one... she took so much...," he complained, looking up at the woman with bags under his eyes. How many days had it been since he got a night of sleep? They were careful not to let him go too long, or else he'd start hallucinating, and they needed him at least cognisant.

"Don't care. Get up!" she grabbed him by the elbow and pulled him along.

It was a private school, not somewhere you might expect to see a group of OA members regularly meeting. It was a "school club" officially. Austen didn't get to go to school. He was locked in this damned room unless they dragged him out to some random base location on orders from so and so. God, he hated this fucking world. He just wanted to go home. Fuck superheroes and supervillains and all this stuff. His world was NORMAL. None of this supernatural crap.

Even if he was stuck here, he hated that he had these stupid powers! If he didn't have them, then he wouldn't have gotten kidnapped! He wouldn't be forced to resurrect things all the damn time for these maniacs. The group he was watched by was comprised of five people, all of them strong. Or at least he believed they were strong. He didn't really have a reference point. One woman, four men. All assholes. There were always at least three around him at all times, usually four.

Austen tripped over his own feet as he stumbled, causing the woman to yank him harder. He felt his shoulder twinge in pain. These people were strong. He tried to fight them before, to fight his way to freedom. That... yeah, that didn't work. How was he supposed to know how to fight?? Self-defense classes are one thing, but these people... actual fighting? That was ridiculous to even think about back home! She groaned at him like a teen doing a chore. She was young... was she actually a teen? He was nineteen. Hah. Whole life ahead of him, and this was what he was stuck doing. Forced to play with dead souls. Beaten if he didn't. They were careful not to kill him - that would be an escape at this point.

Why wouldn't a hero find him and save him?

Death's Chill
A private school for mortal children, such a curious thing. Why did mortal children need a different school, where the many about the city not good enough for a few? Or was it the decision of their parents, she pondered. Ultimately, the answer held no bearing or importance to her duties here. She knew where she must go, and away she would. The aged Greeko door swung open but a few feet above the roof of the school, the surrounding air temperature dropping a few degrees as she floated out, the soft creaaaak of the door as it closed shut behind her filling the breeze before it simply blinked out of reality. The comfortable weight of her scythe found its way into her grip, fingers closing around it one after the other as she held a hand in front of her, the aged parchment scroll appearing in her grip. Five names did it bear, a sixth shimmering in and out as if it could not yet decide.

The scroll snapped out of existence as well, the reaper knight suddenly descending through the roof of the school in a surprising burst of movement, passing through the roof and into her desired location, the other end of the classroom in the corner, any facial feature she may have sported hidden by the hood that shrouded her features, the only hint of flesh or bone being the pale slender digits that could be seen wrapping about the shaft of the scythe. The temperature dropped and drooped, slowly at first but suddenly a rapid fall, hoarfrost starting to creep across the walls and floors as she spoke, voice soft and icy cold as she addressed them. “Walls have ears. Doors have eyes. Trees have voices. Beasts tell lies. Beware the rain. Beware the snow. Beware, for you reap what you sew." Even as she spoke the frost continued to creep, spreading like a cancer as it thickened into a sheet of ice that crept over desk and across the surfaces of the room, half of the room divided by the sheet and temperature already plummeted by twenty degrees. A snap of her wrist, the scythe lashing out as she cut vertically right in front of her, shards of ice, jagged and sharp, shooting from the tip of her scythe as it traveled as it aimed to alleviate one of the men of their kneecaps, the boy left on the backburner for now.
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mary Moon

Not exactly how she expected to spend her Monday, but here she was teaching a friend and classmate on how to move at super-speed after suddenly coming into powers. Just another thing to add to her ever-expanding list of things she needed to do! Where Selena got a week off from school for this sort of thing, now Mary had to juggle teaching her how to deal with all of this, studying for an algebra test tomorrow, work on biology and latin homework this evening, call her parents before sundown, try to figure out what she was going to do for lunch, where on EARTH Milk had run off to, and keep an eye and ear out for anything she might have to get involved with as Velocity. Nope, totally one hundred percent easy to manage, totally!

Mary zipped this way and that ahead of Addison, almost blinking out of sight for those who couldn't process her moving in those sudden bursts of speed before appearing somewhere else a dozen feet or so away. "What's crazy is how many times you've said this is crazy," she teased, flashing a bright grin, hands folded behind her back. "You're not annoying, by the way. I'm just teasing. I dunno, I broke the speedometer last time I tried to clock myself. I wouldn't suggest you try going all out just yet. Speed can be dangerous, there's no guarantee you wouldn't end up hurting yourself or worse if you went all out. Baby steps, not like...Godzilla steps, you know?" She zipped again, this time appearing at Selena's side. "I like you, so I kinda don't want to see you turn into salsa, extra chunky. Let's focus on you figuring out how to actually move around, okay?"
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Name: Alexandria

1645946004899.png
If it wasn't for the fact that, in this situation, three was better than one, the obvious choice would be to just ditch the two and do everything on her own, whether she had Mantis or not. Considering the situation though, it seemed like she wasn't going to have Mantis for the next part of this absolute clusterfuck of a situation. So she decided "fuck it," got up, and started shoving her rescue kit back into where it needed to be while Elementa was doing chest compressions. Sure, it only gave the guy an extra ten percent chance of living, but ten percent was better than zero, and Mantis could probably do it without tiring out. That being said, that was going to be her first course of action.

"Namina," she started, hefting up the man's limp body and walking around to the back of Mantis. "Open up, run rescue on this guy, and get him to the nearest hospital. Alert the police that he's to be guarded under suspicion of causing this incident, and that I'm stopping by later to question him."

"Understood, Machina," the empty suit responded, and as the back of the armor blossomed open, Alexandria quickly shoved him in before the exosuit took off at near breakneck speeds. Alexandria was confident that the man would hang on just long enough for the hospital staff to do their work on him, and with that, she was left with nothing else but her energy pistol and beam blade, which was currently holstered - not sheathed - on a battery pack on her left side. Now it was time to catch up to Glass and see just why the fuck she decided that shoulder-charging a kid was such a grand idea.

All she gave Elementa was a nod towards the Jambo juice - whose door was still open, and made her way to the door... which... turned out wasn't a fucking Jambo Juice. Awesome. Wonderful. Alexandria just loved running into things that absolutely made no sense according to established and bleeding-edge sciences-

Well, no, okay, so it made some sort of sense. What happened was that the open door, which she was currently keeping open to the not-Jambo-Juice, was made a temporary access point in some kind of hoodoo-voodoo magick bullshit that linked one place to another like how a wormhole worked. Instead of there being some kind of Stargate SG-1 science-y bs that she preferred, however, it had to be magick. It was also fairly seamless for her to be able to discern no real difference in the change, which was wild, but now she had to deal with the fact that there was another conspirator when it came to the Calamity Kitty, and... well, if she was going to be honest, the girl didn't even look like the type to have some sort of link to the last guy.

"Okay, so instead of just keeping her way barred, you wanna tell me why you just shoulder-charged some kid?" Alexandria quipped, her head tilting. At the moment, she had nothing more than her energy pistol drawn, but it was pointed down in a safe-ready position, door held open by her shoulder though her stance kept the rest of the door barred until she could feel backup behind her. "And for that fact, I'm guessing you're going to have some kind of expertise in... Well, whatever the fuck all of this is..."

The store was lined with all sorts of things she couldn't identify for sure, though thankfully her helmet, which had closed by the time she got to the door, hid her confusion as she scanned what portions of the room she could. If anything, it wasn't exactly advantageous for her to stay in the door if she was going to back up Glass, but it was better than losing contact with their exit if the door closing was going to cut them off from said point of exodus. Even now, she was getting some sort of pulling sensation in her gut that told her maybe this wasn't the best place to be. It felt... Off, somehow. The sense she got of the place was that it was wrong in all sorts of ways, and usually her gut was right. For that matter, when she couldn't rely in her intellect, it was always default to trust one's gut no matter who you were.

Even geniuses knew when to rely on instinct, and hers told her that no ordinary person should step foot in this place...

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Djinni Djinni Deathkitten Deathkitten

Amarine Olissne

1646020852221.png

Rainbringer. Hero by the name of Stormfront. Ship captain. Mercenary. Supervillainess radicalized by the OA, operating under the name of Odin. But apparently, she had a new title to add to her role.

Fucking babysitter.

She wasn't referring to their little golden goose, though; oh no, he was a tough young soul. She respected him if anything, but was under orders to treat him roughly. Keep him exhausted and stressed. She could see why. She had been taken captive as a mercenary, and such was done to reduce the odds of escape.

No, the person she was a babysitter for was another OA member. A Softboiled she called them, someone who got totally absorbed into their role and gimmick, whose super identity consumed them. There were some other key members in the organization that were Softboiled, and she detested working with them. Didn't think they had a place in the new world that was going to be when their revolution spread. But it wasn't entirely up to her. She had to admit they were useful... but this damned wrestler drove her mad. Honestly, enough so that it created an entertaining little system of cooperation. They were tough, and would gear themselves specifically to be used as a projectile. Electrocuted, and used as a projectile in a tornado; he had some stupid wrestling name for it... but Sails just called it cathartic. Enough so that she was almost grateful when someone walked through the door who wasn't supposed to be here. Clearly someone here for a fight at that.

Amarine checked her out with her magic. The woman didn't have the greatest reservoir of magical knowledge, but she didn't need one to recognize the figure for what she was... a reaper. A strong one at that. Could be a knight, that would be trouble, but nothing she couldn't handle. Apparently, however, she was also some weird poet. "That's some poor poetry ya got there, reaper. You did get one thing right though... watch out for rain," she said with a grin slowly spreading on her face. She wouldn't even have to feel bad for this kill! Bitch is already dead!

Just as the frost spread, so too did clouds spread along the ceiling. Being indoors, she couldn't go all out, but heavy one on one fights weren't her schtick anyway. She could hardly shrug off her own cat 4 hurricanes indoors. But she could still go hard.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

64443bc6bebd32b874f482ac7d74eaf6.pnghe cains eyes went wide as one of the heroes rushed her. "Oh fuck!" she said trying to close the door before she was shoulder charged to the ground. Curling up in pain blood dripping from her mouth she groaned an inhuman sound. Everything hurt so much, why did she have to do this, right, she was cain, cain must retrieve the relics. "pl-please just give me the collar" she said weakly as she crawled to the wand that fell out of her hand, Her trembling hand reaching for it as her head throbbed in pain, an unwelcomed guest was in the house, the house was most displeased, the houses anger is a cains pain, they were causing the pain. "J-Just leave!" she Yelled as she went for the wand.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni Osuka Osuka

pavel-kondratenko-halo5-02.jpgViona looked at the mad man, scientists...all of them are so weird, mark with his weird anime, this dude with his obsession over viruses, next you know shell encounter a geaoligist whos married to an ancient sentient sexy golem...., better to just shut him up now, she lightly tilted her head before she calmly took out a knife. A small vial extending from her armor, a greenish liquid inside, She poured it onto her knife before throwing it straight for his skull. "Honestly, I'm just gonna kill ya," Viona said as from the dark visor of her helmet two green eyes pierced through. With the distraction of the thrown knife she activated the suits defenses moods, the absorbed toxins the suit collects from her daily life was slowly excreted onto needle like blades on her fingers, jumping at the man she went for a claw swipe with her needle fingers. She wasn't very skilled in combat, but from training by her dad and a few of the security guards around the facility, she would say she had a decent chance against an average person.

Glass

Glass just gripped the collar tighter and pulled up a ring of earth around the woman's hips, elbows, and knees, and then pulled them all together behind her tightly. Her knees were less than a foot from her elbows, making a crescent moon sitting on its middle. "No can do, sorry. As to why, whatever... this is... it's some powerful chaos entity. Both she and the man from before are bound to it by some mental chains. They may not be able to stop themselves." The wand got pulled to her with a gust of wind.

"If you'll answer some questions we'll release your binds and see what we can do to ease your discomfort," she said as she looked around at the place. Was this place itself the entity? Was it some grand collection come to life somehow...? "Can you speak, whatever you are?" she asked, looking around.

~Ella Miller~
1646088146270.png Ella scoffed at the sickeningly sweet words that dripped through their link. Saving the retort that was formed on the tip of her tongue for later, she was already bringing up the GPS locations of the bombs on her inner screen as Addison quickly briefed her. Three bombs, three people. Convenient. "I'll go North then." Putting the other two locations aside, she brought the car park to the forefront of her screen. Glancing at the boy with them, Ella gave him a once over. Hard to pinpoint the exact age with kids going through puberty, but he was gangly and seemed a little too confident for someone his age in this situation. Probably not a great indicator of his childhood. Addison could be trusted to do her part, but this Celestion kid needed a closer eye on him.

The kid seemed to be doing his own sizing up before nodding to a random building and walking towards it without another word. With a glance to her sister, Ella followed their new comrade into the building.

'Magic,' the word was said with a smoldering anger. The most emotion she had ever heard from the symbiote.

Ella accepted the charm and turned it over in her hand. Magic was always interesting to her, and probably every other person on the planet. Lahn found it more frustrating. It seemed like not two superheroes were alike when it came to their magic usage. Everyone had different rules, different limits, different abilities...there was no rhyme or reason to the A.I.

It's useful.

'It's unreliable'

"I could calculate the epicenter and any likely hiding spots if that helps." Staring at the charm a little longer before tucking it away into her belt, Ella continued, "And if you need to contact us, use this." On the other side of her belt, she unclipped a smooth and featureless square; clicking it open revealed two ear buds. "They're clean," she assured, "And have an impressive range. You can use both. Or one. Whatever you want." Clicking shut again, she held it out for Celestion to take. "If you run into any problems we'll be there ASAP."

(( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Addison Osuka Osuka 's Fay))

mistymarshall2.pngMisty and Dunnie
"Misty I really don't think we should go in there...," Dunnie whispered, but still dutifully followed the other little girl as they went deeper into the woods. The wisp Misty was following had bobbed into a small cave opening. She was climbing over rocks after it, smiling wide.

"It's fine, Dunnie!" she chirped, the opening wide enough for the girls, though it'd be a little tight for an adult - Adam would no doubt have to crouch to get in. She fumbled with her phone and turned on the flashlight. The device was on silent right now. She knew she wasn't supposed to go out without telling her parents first... so she put it on silent to be sneaky about it. The inside of the cave was tight for another thirty feet before it opened up into an old mine corridor. The wisp glowed brightly as it zipped around a corner and she t'sked, "Darn! Dunnie we need to hurry up. It's gonna get away."

"I dunno about this... It's kinda scary and dark."

"I have a flashlight! It's okay. Don't you wanna know where it's going? We're like investigators!"

"I... I guess, yeah. I do kinda wanna know where it's going...," Dunnie was so uncertain, but she nodded. Misty's reasoning made enough sense. How was she supposed to know what was normal anyway?

Meanwhile, Muse was sticking with Adam, rushing to the car and not even asking any questions until they were driving. As much as she wondered what the heck Toon went off to do, she didn't question that. It felt pointless to question... that. She squeezed the seatbelt in her fist nervously, "Is... should we be worried about an OA thing, sir? Kids have been going missing a lot recently... I mean. I doubt it's that, but... I want to know how best to help."

E5fNXuRXoAAvkik.jpgThe King watched the little scamp with a conflicted expression, he honestly hated treating him like this, Kid was a powered just like em, but he had to be treated like this, he was too useful to just be let go. When this was all over he hoped the kid could at least live in peace in the new world, though he knew the small chances of that happening. With a silent growl he turned to the intruder, it was getting pretty cold in here from her, he was never a fan of the cold, made him clam up and feel slow. Taking a small breath he cracked his knuckles, by his side was what he considered his closest friend in OA, their fighting styles worked well together, and he really respected her, he called her sistah out of respect for her. "sooo, a reaper huh, I ain't much for poetry, but I got a SLAM poetry session you ms. skulls and crossbone, Your dealing with the KIIIING OF THE RIIING, don't think this paltry little cold is enough to chill us, our bodies are temples warmed by the flames of conviction ya chump! Sistah! Lets wipe the floor with this here, I can see her struggling to stand the weight of our presence, MY MUSCLES ARE PUMPED!" a strange energy came from his voice as steam slowly emanated from his body, to Odin, her body would feel invigorated, filled with energy and lighter. As for the reaper, it was like some invisible force was dragging her to the floor, as if an enfeebling spell or gravity spell had attempted to be casted on her, This was Kings power that made him so valuable, his words were law, actively affecting those around him, his cheers would buff, his smack talk would debuff, if he told you you were strong you'd feel stronger. "AINT NO BELL HERE MISSY!!!!" he shouted without warning as he lunged at her going with a wide clothesline to her upper body. This was standard strategy, he charges in, and odin takes advantage of any distractions he caused to secure the kill.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Djinni Djinni

sean.pngSean
Ada side-stepped the creature in a blur of instinctual movement, giving her father a conflicted glance, though her focus stayed on it in front of her. She grabbed its wrist, pivoted behind it, and tried to yank its arm backward while forcing her foot against its lower back. That didn't work. Its skin was unpleasantly warm, but it was its strength that posed a problem. It ripped its hand away from her with a simple movement. She backpedaled.

"But..." she hesitated against his order, balling her fists even as she continued to back up. Even hesitating, it was ingrained in her to listen and do as he said, "I don't want him dead! He even said he was concerned about this power. This is our fault... my fault." Still... he needed to get over this if he was going to be allowed to stay around. She knew that. She felt... guilty. It was an uncomfortable feeling she wasn't all that familiar with. She didn't want to feel responsible for his death. The thought ate at her, less because of affection for him and want to date him - which yes was there, and more because of... this sense of guilt.

"Sean!" she shouted, still farther away, but she had stopped moving out. She felt the need to see this through and stared as she gripped the corner of the wall, body halfway peeking out. She needed to know what happened next. "Sean I really don't want you to die... but... if you become a threat, we won't have a choice. So please figure it out. I know you hate this power. But you need to figure it out!" Ada was teary-eyed. Her dad was going to be angry at her for this later. She didn't know if Sean even heard her.

The creature had little reaction to Casey's kicks and hits, skin as solid as stone. The hits still moved it, however, too lightweight to stop the momentum. It stumbled from both attacks and gave a wild growl in Casey's direction, focus shifted to him, now. Its fingertips dripped into long claws in a fluid motion, like unsheathing a blade. It leapt at Casey like it was released from a spring, blurring with motion as it scratched at him. Lucky for him, he was likely used to quick movements thanks to his daughter, but the amount of force this thing could put behind its attacks was ridiculous. This felt like a creature of old power.

"Seek... to be... free," it hissed, sharp teeth making a disturbing toothy grin, "Seek... death..."

Sean felt trapped inside this dark space. This... limbo of nothingness. He heard his name called out like a distant echo, resonating from nowhere in particular. The ground rumbled, liquid splashing against him. His name was called out again... That time it was Ada. That meant the first time was her father. He must have gotten... possessed? Or something like that. This was... a being of the apocalypse... How did he know that? It felt obvious for some reason. Sean squeezed his hands into balls and stood, taking in his surroundings. It was emptiness. How was he supposed to take his body back? There was nothing here.

He closed his eyes and focused on what he felt, what he heard, and it was like he could sense the outside world... just a little. As though through a blindfold and underwater, but he could still sense it. He could sense his body moving, much too fast for it to be normal... and he could feel an overwhelming sense of dread and hatred. Like the loneliest of beasts, it felt wracked with hunger. Sean grimaced and willed himself to stop, though had no idea how to make it actually happen. But usually, with magic at least, it was better if you had a stronger will. This thing was dangerous. It was playing for now, but it was an agent of the apocalypse, an apocalypse that actually happened in some other timeline. He needed to just...

The creature suddenly stopped moving, jerking into a statuesque position as it grimaced and growled out a breath in frustration, "Let... me... kill..." It hissed and glared at Casey, then jerked its head to look at Ada, and then again back to Casey, "Raze... raze it all to ash..."

...Okay. He... thought that worked. Probably. Maybe. It didn't feel like he was moving anymore. Why was this so hard?! He needed to be able to see, to do more than just stop the thing. Sean sat again into the water below him, then laid back, trying to focus entirely on what he could feel. It took a long moment, but Sean reeled the power back in slowly but surely. The creature was unable to move much, and was angered by this, but could do little about it. It wasn't until he felt his mind sort of... settle... that something changed.

He felt his senses overlap with this... thing's... and he could see again. He could feel again. He... His body crumbled to his hands and knees, panting, exhaustion hitting him like a truck, but more than that he was so hungry. "F-fuck," he whimpered, knuckles white against the ground, "I... I told you I hate this power... I've never... done it that much before... and now... this... fuck... I hate it so much more." Internally, he felt like his soul was roiling and raging against him, two beings trying to occupy the same space. It filled him with thoughts and desires not his. This was Casey's fault! Fucking... damn it...

Alexandria Norman:

1646288952702.png
Glass's choice of restraints were.... Odd and unnecessary as far as Alexandria was concerned, and she damn well was going to voice them as she found something to wedge the door open and keep it open. Thankfully for her, all of her different suits came with sets of handcuffs that she'd expect Heroes to Carry With Them, but no, apparently she was the only one who thinks of these.... Granted they were very different from what people normally used seeing as they were made of stronger, compound alloys and all sorts of little doo-dads and gizmos that made them different from the standard, but this wasn't the time to think about everything that her precious little innovations could do.

"Release her so I can properly restrain her, please?" Alexandria grumbled as she looked at Glass, kneeling down next to the girl. "this is just dumb. Like... This is really dumb. Can't well and truly carry her the fuck out so we can do a proper questioning if she's like this, can we? Even interrogation experts will drag someone to another room with only cuffs and a chair to sit in after keeping them in stress positions, and I'm betting she'll sing like a Veery once we stop whatever's causing her pain, yeah? A little silly to add to whatever's going to make her stop talking. It's like people try to conflate pain compliance and verbal cooperation or something. Besides, did you really need to use a restraint this uh... Embarrassing?"

Did she really have to keep running into the weirdos? Sure, Velocity wasn't really weird - just.... Fast, but this chick was something else. She didn't seem to think of the collar as a potential bargaining chip - even if she was going to bluff. They were heroes, but even police liked to bluff and lie to get what they wanted. Heroes could do the same if it lessened the amount of physical suffering they could inflict. Actually, thinking about it, this Hero did more damage to a target than Alexandria normally would as a Villain - okay, Metallik didn't count, and it was a one-time thing, but still. Shoulder-charging and stress-restraining someone like this was probably the furthest thing to getting the girl to cooperate, and if her gut feeling was right, the girl was probably just as confused as both Alexandria and Glass. If anything, the most Alexandria would've done is sleep-gas a target and take them somewhere remote. A little fear went a long way, and if you said the right things, getting physical wasn't even necessary.... Maybe that didn't make her a very good stereotypical Villain?

Bah, she'd think of the implications later. For now, there was the issue at hand, and that issue was gathering information.

"I wanna make a deal with you," Alexandria started, shifting around to keep Glass out of the girl's sight. She was keeping her tone even, but something in her tone would likely tell the girl she was speaking with sincerity. "If you let me get you into something more comfortable and you answer us honestly, we'll do what we can to lessen the pain you're going through and get you away from whatever people or... Things? - things are giving you orders, yeah? I just need you to cooperate with me so we can help each other. If you can promise me that, I'll do what I can for you. Police ain't seen anything yet and we aren't recording this, so we can chalk everything up until now as water under the bridge. Besides, the suspect that everyone did see is currently in custody, so if you work with me, you ain't got a thing to worry about. Do we have a deal?

"I mean, I'd ask for a handshake, but someone else decided that she wouldn't even be allowed some common decency." The last bit was, of course, meant for Glass to hear, and it was just loud enough that the woman wouldn't have an excuse to say she didn't. Seriously, who threw a girl into a BDSM restraint right off the bat? She didn't even offer the poor little lady dinner and a movie first, of all things.

Deathkitten Deathkitten , Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Djinni Djinni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back