• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Natalie Brenton

Natalie offered a small smile at the hug, only for it to quickly be dashed as they were suddenly tossed into a torrential downpour of rain, thunder, and lightning. Leather jacket? Soaked. Black top? Soaked see-through to show off the black bra beneath. Jeans? Soaked. The point of it, was she was soaked and was right annoyed about it. "...Well, I'm going to need a change of clothes...A goddess huh?...Wonder if we should get involved." She was leaning towards 'yes' until the point of Adon possibly being at threat was brought up. "...Nope, not our problem. Our concern is making sure your safe and get back to where your staying safely." I am in agreement. Someone else can deal with the goddess, this is our priority. Oh, we're finally on the same page? You say it like we don't ever agree, moron.

Natalie glanced over, speaking for both her and Agas on instinct. "Yea, we'll check it out later." Attention drifted back to Tracy, shrugging. "Was just trying to be nice. Though typically if you wanna get a natural shower, you typically wanna strip down beforehand. Keep that in mind next time if that's what you consider a shower...Other pieces?" She glanced at Adon, though Agas spoke first. Possible, but highly unlikely. You know exactly why there's not a wrath piece if there are others. Yes yes, I know, Jaysus. "It's possibly, but not likely. I really, really doubt we'd see a 'wrathful' piece if there are other fragments though. I can give that history lesson in the car though, yea?"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Tactician

Casey folded his arms across his chest, staring at Jewel. "I'll make note of that. Can't have you noticing me if I have to shoot at you next time." Snapping his hand out he caught the trinkets, examining them quietly. "I'll give the verdict on if I'm satisfied once they're proven effective. Until then, we'll consider our deal even." He glanced over her towards Chrysos, giving a soft 'hmm' before speaking again. "That dumbass got his ass kicked by Spear the other day, didn't he? The Alexandrios family paying you to babysit now?" As the two were having this cheering discussion, the hurricane further downtown was buffeting them with wind and rain, Casey glancing over his shoulder. "...Magic, if I had to guess. No weather warning, and the weather wasn't the right conditions for a full hurricane to begin with."

Before he could continue talking with the lovely pain in the ass known as Jewel, the HUD in one of the contacts he was wearing popped up, with a big flashing red alert. Emergency Signal activated. Casey worked his jaw silently, turning on his heel and starting to walk away from Jewel. "I've got business to tend to, Jewel. You have my number, or one of them, if you need me. Save us both the headache and stay babysitting."

He started back to the vehicle he had taken, grabbing the suitcase from the back as he climbed into the back, seats folding down as he slapped a hand scanner. Input registered. Following Emergency Signal, autopilot enabled. Tearing his fake face off he popped open the suitcase as the car started off, quickly starting to suit up with a glare glued to his face. "Knew those bodyguards were second rate."
ed2c9c4d165ff4914d65a4a1a01168b7.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

sean.jpgAda and Sean
As far as kidnappings went, this was annoying. They were teleported away, temporarily circumnavigating her antimagic bauble. That was probably why they trailed for so long, they were having to work around it. Unfortunately for Sean, Ada was the target of this one, not him. She managed to get her emergency bracelet signal out though, so this was going to be a temporary situation. They were cuffed with power-suppressing rope, so Sean couldn't just... she didn't know, apocalypse them or something?

The person in front of them was in a dark cloak and mask. He grabbed Ada by the jaw and forced her to look up, though she looked positively bored, "You have an annoying charm there, girl."

"That's the point," Ada responded, rolling her eyes despite her situation. Sean looked so scared and angry. He was struggling against the restraints, whereas Ada was just calmly waiting. She knew more than a few ways to get out of ties like these. She just didn't want to until it was the right time. The kidnapper man shoved her back down and moved to Sean, where he slapped him so hard he fell over.

"Shut up and stop squirming, kid."

"What do you want!?"

"I said shut up. You're just collateral. A pretty penny, though, which is why you're even still alive. You're worth a lot to your parents."

"Oh, so I'm the target then?" Ada teased, grinning, "That's even more fun." That meant their death would be far more painful. There would be information to extract from him.

The man turned his focus back to Ada and grabbed her by the arm, dragging her off to a chair in the same room. He shoved her into it and strapped her down, "Unfortunately for you, yes. You're a bit easier to grab than your father, you understand... though that was still more of a pain than I was expecting. I need information."

She didn't even respond to that, though. She craned her head to look over at Sean who was still reeling from the slap and was staring at her with tears in his eyes. Ada gave him a sweet smile, "It'll be okay Sean. What you're about to see isn't gonna be very pleasant, but try not to worry too much. You'll be safe." The man grabbed her head and forced a gag into her mouth so she couldn't bite her tongue off, and got to work. The first part of the torture was going to be to loosen her up a bit. No questions yet. The idea was to make her wish he'd ask questions to make it stop.

Sean started to shout for him to stop with the very first stab. The man sank a blade a few inches into her abdomen, earning a groan of pain from Ada. He left it in while he walked back over to Sean and shoved a gag into his mouth too, so he wouldn't be able to be so loud and annoying. He would still try to shout and cry and protest, but it was at least muffled now. The man moved back to Ada and twisted before pulling the knife out, only to slam it down into her thigh. He was careful to avoid any important structures that could have her bleeding out, masterful in his knowledge of the human body.

He dragged the blade down for an inch before he slowly pulled it out of her leg and stared into her eyes. Her gaze was watery from pain, but she showed no fear despite her situation. He huffed a "hmph" and continued to carve her here and there despite protest from the other kid and groans of pain from her. It'd take a long time for her to be ready for questions at this pace.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Tactician
Someone forgot the one rule the merc follows

The large vehicle moved through traffic with a surprising level of grace for something that could have just as easily plowed through the cars to reach its destination. The black S.U.V veered to a screeching swerve as it started down a far too narrow alleyway, coming to a halt near a brick wall. Stepping out of the back he approached one of the walls before flicking his wrist slightly, a large hardlight shield snapping into reality. Shoving forward he crushed through some of the weaker bricks, the shield retracting as he began to rummage around, collecting equipment from one of his 'dead drop' staches. Paralyzing gasses, an assault rifle, several spare magazines of ammunition, and four pounds of brick c4. Stowing his equipment he climbed back into back of the SUV, the vehicle roaring off again as the auto-pilot kicked back in, before the doors even finished slamming shit from the back.

It was twenty minutes of a ride, the mercenary taking his time to check his equipment and ready it up. "Hang in there Kite. I don't know what's happened...but I'm coming." The vehicle pulled up in the front of an abandoned warehouse after the ride came to a close, the male opened up the door and stepped out. It was an old Toys R Us warehouse building, from the looks of thing, one of the main storage units for moving things to and from the retail chain. Stealthily approaching, he pulled a grapple from his belt, slinging it to the rooftop and starting to climb up, not a sound to be heard. He'd done this sort of thing before, hostage rescue...but never his own daughter. Going in loud was tempting, but the wrong decision. Climbing to the rooftop he started to creep, checking the skylights for a layout of the ground below.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Ada and Sean
Twenty minutes of torture from a professional wasn't exactly Ada's idea of a fun time. She was bloodied, crying from pain, a little dizzy, and most of all really really stressed out. She couldn't try to fight back, as she wasn't good enough to protect herself and Sean at the same time. Both of their abilities were being suppressed too, which didn't matter much for her, but for Sean, that was pretty much all he had going for him right now.

The man yanked her head up by her hair with one hand and pulled the gag down with the other hand. "Are you ready to answer some questions?" he asked, keeping her brown hair in his fingers to force her to look at him.

She panted, strained, but plastered a grin on her face, "Oh I can talk all I like. It just won't be about what you want." That netted her a swift fist to her stomach, aimed right for the already bleeding knife wounds that dotted her abdomen. It wasn't like she could help but make a scream of pain, the room spinning as she almost vomited. "God, you've really... really made such a mistake with this... whole thing," she laughed, wheezing as she tried to catch her breath.

He let go of her hair with an audible groan of annoyance and moved away, messing with some tools on a nearby table, "Kid, you're just making this more difficult than it needs to be. But given your father, I'm not sure what else I expected."

Ada looked to Sean again, letting her head rest back against the chair, not having the energy to keep it held high right now, though she didn't say anything to the boy this time. This was going to be such a mess later. The options were going to be either kill him, erase his memory somehow, or make sure he'd keep his mouth shut and become an asset instead of a liability. She wanted the third option. If she hadn't been distracted by him, though, then she might have been able to avoid this. She could have fought back or lost the guy before she got teleported. Ada couldn't help but worry that her dad would be disappointed in her for her lack of ability. She was managing torture alright though... she just wanted him to be proud of her. Such a silly thing to worry about in a situation like this.

The man turned back to her with a fresh blade and made his way back over, "Let's do a bit without the gag, yes? Perhaps screaming yourself hoarse will help."

muse.jpgMuse
Abigail was stunned at how fast Adam just pulled that cigarette. Did he even enjoy that? That had to hurt. "W-wait, really?" she said, startled back to reality, "I... thank you so much!"

She didn't know what to do with her hands she was so excited! She wanted to hug him, but she held back. She didn't know him, didn't know if he was the type to like hugs. Muse nodded enthusiastically, "Yes sir! Absolutely." She motioned to the bobblehead, "Ah, if they're typically eldritch-related, I may actually know a thing or two."

Muse rubbed the back of her head, "My grandma, she, well one of her exes was an eldritch god. She doesn't talk about them, but she did give me some trinkets just in case I have to deal with anything mind-breaking. I have a tiny bit of natural resistance, since my ability has to do with mental manipulation itself, but the trinkets are what actually matter for something like that." As she explained, she rummaged around in her bag. After a moment of searching, she brought out a charm written on a piece of dark wood that looked a bit like a small bookmark. She offered it to Adam, "She gave me that one for mental resistance so I don't break if her ex comes around unexpectedly."

Her grandmother was a... strange one. It always seemed like she had a bizarre story to tell, and that was just one of the multiple trinkets she had that her grandmother had given her. Muse was none the wiser since grandma was a secretive sort that didn't like to explain, but Adam would be able to recognize the charm almost immediately. It was suspiciously well made, rather powerful, enough so to protect her from the mind fuckery of even eldritch gods. It offered nothing else special, only with one purpose. No physical protection, no protection from non-eldritch mind shit, just eldritch mind-melting... and definitely really really hard to make and get ahold of. Even his wife didn't have one of these!

"She also made me learn a little R'lyehian, but I'm really not very good at it," she continued, not understanding the strangeness of her grandmother knowing any of that crap, let alone dating something like that, "but I think she wanted me to know it just in case their relationship went well - not really a surprise that it didn't, though. They're not typically the dating type from what I understand. Er... sorry. I went off on a tangent. You probably don't want to hear about my grandma. But um... yeah. So I hope I can be of more help to you that way, thanks to the charm."

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

who3.jpgAdon, Tracy, and Darren
Adon was still spooked, feeling very uncertain about the idea of another deity in the area. She wasn't really listening as Darren and Tracy went on about complaining they were wet and complaining the situation was ridiculously weird. She didn't want to move around with them in the area... it was kind of scary. She tuned back in as Tracy wrang out her shirt, water pouring out. Darren did the same, "Yeah, let's hit the road, shall we? Do we have towels in the car by chance?"

"I somehow doubt she keeps anything that useful around," Tracy snipped, trying to poke at Natalie with a grin.

"Oh stop being an ass, Trac, I know you're not sure about her, but you don't need to act catty," Darren rolled his eyes, "Towels are kind of a 50/50. A lot of people don't keep towels unless you're usually going to the beach, or have pets or something."

Adon gripped Natalie's hand nervously, squeezing it, "I don't want to go yet."

Darren smiled sweetly at Adon like someone would to a kid, which was admittedly how she was acting at the moment, "You don't have to go if you don't want to. I'm pretty sure none of us mind you being around. You're safe with us."

"I... I know you guys are safe... just... I'm sorry," Adon muttered in response. She felt so confused and now like she could be at threat. The best thing she could think to do was to temporarily hide away. In a flash of light, Adon disappeared from in front of their eyes. The surprise would have been short-lived for Natalie, at least in the fact that it would have morphed into a different surprise. Adon was now sharing headspace with Agas. Her form was back to that pure white, statuesque shape, ambiguous and child-like.

She didn't care about anything else but darting over in the mindscape and hugging Agas tightly. She was vaguely crying in that weird way this form seemed to, but she was also absolutely oozing energy. I want to be safe, Agas. Please keep me safe.

Tactician
Skylight after skylight was checked, with little to speak of in regards to results. Though finally, he found one that would function, directly above a rafter beam with sight of the kids and the slime who had taken his daughter and her little idiot. Kneeling down at the corner of the skylight he fussed with it slowly, years of experience at play as he carefully popped it open and ducked in, landing onto the rafter beam without a sound. It looked like he'd over prepped for this, maybe. That was fine, he'd find who hired this scum, and be sure to kill them as well. The fall from the rafter was survivable, he just had to get above his target. Step by step and deathly silent he crept like a cat overhead, lining himself up with his target and kneeling down. Dropping as low as he could in his crouched position he dropped...right down atop his target. There was no warning, no cry of rage, just cold indifference as he opened his hand with only one goal in mind. If all went well he'd drop right atop his unknowing opponent, clutch his head, and bring it down with his own body in one smooth motion to let it crack against the cement floor of the warehouse. Not with enough force to kill him, but enough to knock him out and cause a fracture or two.

If that didn't work and his opponent dodged him for some unknown reason, he'd quickly roll to the side and deliver a quick blow to the solar plexus to wind them, only to grab their arm, twist it behind them, and shove their face into the cement for the same result. Either way, he was knocking this man out. Straightening up after knocking the lights out he glanced towards Ada, and then towards the likely puddle of blood forming on the ground before his eyes landed on Sean. Step after step, the only sound was relaxed breathing and the sound of his boots on the ground as he reached the young boy. Grabbing the back of his chair he yanked it back to send him to his back. The last thing Sean would see would be that skull-like mask staring him down...followed swiftly by the underside of a boot heel coming down and crashing into his face to knock him out. He needed to prioritize, and the damn kid begging and whining wasn't on that list. He'd figure out what to do with him in a bit, he could take a nap. Turning around he started towards Ada, already starting to pull medical syringes and gauzes from his kit. "How are you feeling?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Natalie Brenton

Natalie flashed a grin at the siblings, eyes on Tracy. "Nah, no towels. Yer both gonna have to air dry. I hear taking the clothes off and holding them out the window as I drive around is a good way to go about it though, maybe try that?" Natalie's natural sarcasm was ever-present, much was that smile she wore at all times that screamed self-assured confidence. "All jokes aside. I actually keep a towel on me at all times. Just smells faintly of metal at all times by now. Sorry bout that." It was always handy to have the ol towel around in case some jackass cracked your skull on a brick wall and then you had to crack theirs and then you needed to soak up a ton of blood. Natalie glanced over at Adon, blinking and giving her a small pat on the shoulder. "Yea, I'm not trying to be rid of you or nothin, love." Natalie fell deathly silent as Adon simply 'poofed', eyes wide. "Uhhhh."

Natalies headspace was an odd thing, flashes of dramatic color here and there with a well cordoned off area that was on constant fire. And in between those two things were Natalie and Agas, Natalie currently in a headlock and grabbing at the flaming skull grinning down at her. Though, that all came to a sudden halt as soon as Adon was noticed, Agas practically yeeting Natalie to pick up the small milky child and squeeze them tight. "Oh God, she's in my head."

Agas held Adon close, sitting down and pulling her into her lap, wrapping her arms tight around her. It's okay. Your safe, I'll always keep you safe. It is my duty, shhh. Natalies conscious could only stare at Big Sister Agas, Natalie visibly blue screening in the real world. "...Right, I don't drink, but I need like...forty shots of absinthe for this, I think."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Thyris and Sophia

Thyris could only watch in shock as Sato appeared and barrelled out the hotel window flying off. "Damnit james we gotta go after her!" She yelled, promptly grabbing james by the collar of his shirt and belt of his pants and proceeding to throw him through the window shattering it. Jumping out after him. As james body went falling down. He landed safely into Sophias arms. Now carrying her master in princess carry, she tilted her head. "You called master? It appears Sato has entered a state of extreme emotions." she asked ignoring Thyris who bolted down the street as rain began to pour as well. Mostly caused by her duress of her lover. "Fuck fuck fuck where'd you go sato!" She yelled following the trail of destruction left by satos wind running to her location. "Sato! damnit get back here!" she yelled as she spotted the storm she promptly point her hands down. jumped and activated a spell in both of her hands. giant jetstreams of water firing out of her palms launching her in the air towards the storm. "SAAAAAATOOOOOOOOO" She screamed as she burst into the storm

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

ada.jpgAda and Sean
Ah, the sweet sound of relief. The sound of this man's skull bouncing on the concrete floor. Dad was here.

Sean gave muffled, panicked, unintelligible shouts of protest before his face got curb-stomped into naptime.

At his question, Ada just laughed, sounding exhausted, "Oh, you know. Been better." She was painfully panting for breath, and took a glance back at the now unconscious Sean, "He's a smart boy. I'm certain he's connected the dots here. Especially with that man's comments. This was aimed at us, not him. They were trying to get at you through me. God this fucking hurts, dad."

She winced as first aid started, quiet for the better part of five minutes as she just dealt with reality. When she finally started to talk again, it was about Sean again, "I don't know what you want to do about him. If he has to die then that obviously takes priority... but I'd like to keep him around. He is a big liability as he is right now, though... so you'd at the least have to train him pretty hard. I couldn't do anything without putting him in danger. I'm not good enough to protect myself and a dead weight at the same time. Our abilities were being suppressed." She explained the situation and what led up to this, as well as gave a count of how many times she had been stabbed and the locations.

"He was really good at anatomy. I wonder who hired him... I didn't give any of our information, though. Much to his chagrin," she said with a small grin after she finished her explanation of the situation, "I definitely would say torture's one of my least favorite things, though."

Chrysos was desperately focusing on trying to channel the mana through him. THe feeling kept fading away into barely a flicker, he couldnt keep a solid grasp or feeling on it. It was hard to describe and even when he tried the teachers method it seemed he wasnt doing it properly. His concentration was quickly broken by the giant fucking lesbian disaster hurricane that emerge from now where. "..........Uh teach. Should we be concerned about that?" he asked as he stared at it in shock. While it was only his 3rd day in LA, he was 90 percent sure this was not normal. At least he hoped so. Because his car did not have hurricane insurance, he skimped out on it when he decided to get Unicorn insurance instead.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Tactician
"Hang in there, Kite. Don't talk, just breathe." Despite having an entire living in taking another persons life, he was quite apt for medical treatment. After all, he had a photographic memory, and he'd made a point to memorize human anatomy to precise detail. Gauze and bandage, sutures, needle and thread, even a few clotting agents to stem the bleeding at the worst sights on her body. He was content to work in total silence, hands gentle and caring with how they worked. "I know it hurts, shush. Remember what I taught you. Separate yourself from the torture and pain. Put yourself somewhere else, and truly believe you're there."

As the five minutes wore on in silence and he continued his work he stowed the medical equipment back away, undoing her bindings and pulling her into a soft hug, holding her close against his body. "Someone's either desperate or stupid. Everyone's aware that I shouldn't be crossed like this...so I have to find out who hired him." As Ada started to babble her self doubts he reached up, gently running a hand through her hair. "Kite...my Kite. A small bird of prey with speed and ferocity to hunt big game...I'm so proud of you. Don't doubt yourself. You still have much to learn, but you already know more than the actual deadweight in the room. I'm very proud of you...If you want to keep the boy around, he's going to have a lovely little wake up call to deal with." Standing up he glanced towards the sleeping Sean, and the opposing merc. Kneeling down he quickly bound him in two sets of cuffs and tossed him into the chair his daughter once occupied, then glancing towards Sean. "Suppose we take them both home then?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1635540439919.pngAsuno Fumi あすのふみ
Asuno felt the warmth of a response from Sato and smiled with relief. Sato was okay. She was gonna be okay too. Sato would keep her safe. It was still dark and scary and kind of cold, but now she knew her goddess was gonna come and get her and take her away from the mean people.

A man approached the cell and knelt down to look at her, smiling and speaking more in a language she didn't understand. He looked kinda dirty and disheveled too, like he wasn't eating well. He kept trying to talk to her, using hand motions and everything, but she just stared back. It was all gibberish to her. She tried to say she didn't understand, "わかりません。" But he just paused and muttered something under his breath before walking away and talking to one of the mean people in the robes.

After a few moments, he returned and knelt to her again, "English? Ah... damn it... what was it? 日本? Japanese?"

She perked up, nodding, "はい! はい、日本語! 私は日本語を話します! 怖いです。 あなたは誰? ここはどこ? 私どうやって、ここに来たんだろう? 私は火事を覚えており、男性を意味します。 彼らはこことは違う男だった。" She spoke so fast, eager to even hear one word she understood. The man clearly was startled and shook his head vigorously.
Yes! Yes, Japanese! I speak Japanese! I'm scared. Who are you? Where am I? How did I get here? I remember a fire and mean men. They were different men than here.

"No, no. いいえ。Ah... I don't know much Japanese... how do I say that...? 私は... 日本... 語... を... 話せません。" the man worked through the little Japanese he knew, glancing nervously between her and the OA members. Asuno was visibly saddened by his words. He said something to a man in a cloak, and then that man opened up the cage she was in. The nice man picked her up into his arms and walked to a corner where he sat on a simple wooden stool and placed her on his knee. "It's fine. It's okay. それは大丈夫。It'll be alright." He was in charge of making sure the kids they resurrected didn't die. He was a doctor they kidnapped for that sole purpose. This 'job' if someone could call it that, was absolute torture. This kid didn't even look like she was from this century! Her clothing was totally foreign and she didn't know any English. She smelled like soot. Most of the other kids they'd done this to weren't resurrected with any clothing on at all, so she was a strange case all around.

They wanted him to calm her down, but how was he supposed to do this when he couldn't understand her? They were talking about some sort of opponent on the way, too. Were they going to be safe here? He petted the small child's hair as he waited, just quietly repeating that it was going to be okay.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Ada and Sean
With the calm reassurance of her father, Ada started to cry. Not from pain or whathaveyou, but because she could finally let it out and relax enough to sob and cry from what just happened to her and the praise she had received. She wasn’t loud, just quietly gasping tears into her hands. Her tears slowed after he released her from the hug, using her bloody sleeves to rub her face mostly clean.

She stood and stared at the man, not with hate, surprisingly enough. Her dad had done a good job training hate out of her. Instead it was with cold indifference. She’d be satisfied once they were dealt with, that was the important thing.

Ada nodded, “I guess we have to. Remember that Sean has an advanced VI. We don’t want to get accidentally tracked.” It was nothing she needed to say. He already knew that. But it was better safe than sorry.

Ugh.. she felt like crap. Her dried blood was sticky in some places and starting to flake in others, and she had lost enough that she was a little dizzy and definitely shaky. It was time to get to work helping her dad, though. She helped move the unconscious Sean since he was the lighter of the two, but even then every movement made her body ache and scream with pain. Given that, she wasn’t bothering talking at all with moving them or with the ride home. She was focusing on just getting through the pain and doing what needed done.

When they got home after what felt like an absolute eternity, she left her father’s side to go take some meds and lay down. He could handle it from here.

Sato and James
"Yes, I know, we should go after her-" James gave a soft 'dammit' as he was grabbed, battering ram style, by the worried Leviathan. "Thyris, wait!" Before she could hear him out, he had gone right out the window, aggravating the crunched shoulder the enraged goddess had caused and landing straight into Sophia's arms, a trickle of blood running down from his forehead where a rather nicely sized glass shard had embedded itself into his face. "Ow..." Looking up at the puppet that was holding him James winced a bit, a bit annoyed by the princess carry he was stuck in. "I did call...Sato crushed my shoulder into a jigsaw puzzle, can you please patch me up? And also..." James worked his way out of Sophia's arms and stood upright, watching Thyris rocket off after the quickly travelling hurricane, a frown set on his face. "Someone decided to fuck with my family if I had to guess, considering that's the only conclusion I can get from targetting Sato who no one here knows of, let alone her life or people associated with her...so now we can consider this a personal endeavour...think you can get us to keep up with the two of them?"
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon LostHaven LostHaven

--------------

As the goddess and her hurricane reached the mountain she landed at the foot of it silently, the howling storm taking a position right above the mountain top as she stared ahead at it. Slowly the eye began to constrict to a minimal size, giving the storm itself further coverage over the actual mountain and cordoning it off. Step by step, the sound of her traditional zori a gentle noise compared to the howl of rain and wind. She looked around slowly, trying to gauge where the entrance was to enter the damned mountain...only for Thyris to land right beside her after chasing the storm down with reckless abandon. "Thyris!? Shouldn't you be escorting our idiot?!..N-nevermind...I'm glad your here...please help me find the entrance to this mountain." The goddess stared at her partner for a few moments before turning her attention to the mountain to show she had changed focus, even if she couldn't actually 'see'. "...Please help me...one of my children is begging for help...I'm not...I WON'T fail them again." As if to emphasize her point, the hurricane released a torrent of of lightning across the mountain, as if to say 'I know where you are.'

Tactician
As Ada let her tears out he was content to stand vigil, a hand on her shoulder to offer her some comfort as she got it out. Tears were natural...and so long as she waited until she knew she was perfectly alone to shed them, they were fine. She held until now, she knew better than to show weakness when held captive. He was proud of her...and though she had a long way to go, she was going to be a fine individual. "Don't worry. I've got it under control." With Ada handling Sean, Tactician took the time to haul the opposing merc into the back of the car and toss him in without much ceremony, closing and locking it up. The car itself was 'shielded' to prevent tracking from even the most tech, much was their little home base. Sean wouldn't be getting any visitors anytime soon, nor would they.

As they arrived back to their little hidden spot in the crater after eluding military patrols all over again and parked inside the garage within he stepped out, glancing at Ada. "Get something to eat before you fall asleep, it'll help." It took two trips, one to put Sean in a holding chamber, and another for the other Merc. Seans gag stayed in place just so he wouldn't have to hear him shouting for help or whatever he was bound to do when he woke up. First priority was dealing with the opposition. After making sure he was tightly bound and restrained to a chair he took up position against the cement wall, hands resting at his side as he kept his eyes on the individual, doing a quick visual body scan to see who it may be.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Sophia tilted her head before she clapped. The wounds on james body rewinding. Sophia taking out a comically large zipper and leaving it floating midair. Pulling it down to open a portal. "They are through here by a mountain. Please be careful." Sophia said with a bow.

"I understand only half of that but you need to get in that mountain right!?" Thyris said as she looked at it. Breathing in placing her hands together. "Oh water who nourishes life and takes it away, Oh water who can be gentle as fleece yet tear through stone." The rain swarmed to her as her eyes glew golden. a large magic circle appearing as a spiralling blast of water the size of a house blasted forth straight into the mountain tunneling it open

"Aaaand done! Heres your new Hero Identification card" The receptionist said as she handed Unagi her card. Unagi reading it over before turning suprised. "Your my culture mentore Ms. Caroline?" suprised as she didnt know she even needed one. As she was shocked by that a large man in a suit quickly walked toward them in a cold sweat. "Excuse me. are you Miss, Unagi?" he asked UNagi turning confused. "Oh um. Yes?" she said before the man quickly gaved her a metal card with an engraving of a spider on it "The...the Itsy bitsy spider has taken an interest.... and will be watching." He said as he stood up. "Thats all I can say." As he quickly began walking in. Unagi stood confused before she looked at the card. Flipping it over to see the words "Come play with me :::: ) I'll be in touch" Unagi just stared at it. ".....what?" was all she said as harpy also read it confused

Intellectualium Et Unus Stultus
An Invitation, and strings pulled!

Morgan had spent much of the hours of the past evening going over all of the information that had been provided to her by the lovely Itsy Bitsy Spider, with an hour devoted to an Archdemon and his craving for a good sandwich. So much information, her investment in the girl was as sound as ever. A tootsie pop was lodged in her cheek as per usual, her tongue moving it to slip it between two molars as she closed her jaw on it, crushing the hard candy and chewing it thoughtfully, staring at a small display of screens. On the other end of the feed was a business room to a small rental office space, a trivial amount of money spent to secure it and staff it with a few sleepers that all she had to do was awaken when she got to California. With the amount of information her little spider had gotten her, she had enough to nudge heroes into action. After all, why make a move herself when all she had to do was give the heroes enough information to get them to act for themselves. Every inch of the O.A tunnels mapped out, and even verification of some sort of portal. The good detective was still working on investigating how Miss Jupiter was exactly alive, but that was fine. She was unassociated with the O.A revivals, thus a sound investment. As for Jewel? One of the best mages in L.A? A good investment...and if the two can cooperate without murdering eachother, it'd go fine.

The business meeting room was given the V.I.P treatment, an expensive bottle of vintage port for Jewel after she spent time carefully studying her buying habits and preferred drink. For Jupiter a masterfully made Irish Coffee, and for...the boy, she had decided that if she'd be nice to two she'd be nice to all, a wine mixed with valerian nectar. Frankly, she hoped his luck backfired and he spilled it in his lap...she might even smile if it did. At the head of the table was a simple screen that showed a darkened room and a silhouette of an older woman, not quite Morgans age or figure but 'attractive' even as a silhouette. When she spoke her voice would be tonally shifted a bit to match the figure on display. Beside each drink was a manilla folder, with a small lock box in the middle of the table with a combination lock...of exactly 12 digits. Now? All she had to do was wait for the heroes to arrive, and the meeting could begin. As each arrived, a male in business attire would escort them into the meeting room only to wait for the rest.

Last edited:
IMG_2012.jpg
Isla
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

One by one she removed the dusty old books that sat on the shelf till it sat empty of books but still the aura ensued. flooding out from behind the shelf like a burst watermain. There was a hole though. rotting wood allowed her to peer through to the small compartment that sat behind and the book inside. Presumably the source of the dark aura it sat locked and chained. Clearly magical by what it looked to be a black endless veil wafting from the cover of the old leather. Obviously the source of this dark nightmarish aura as she could now see a subtle black mist almost seeping from the pages of the book as it sat waiting patiently to be opened. We’ll patiently only for a little longer as after a few seconds of the book being visible to her a feeling would wash over. As if the book calling to her, coercing her to open the book instead of whatever was possibly planned. Then a voice started to tickle her ears from beyond and most likely from the book. “Please. Open the book. Let me go.” the soft, maybe even somewhat scared female voice would whisper to the girl.

Last edited:
Sato and James

James winced a bit as the eldritch doll went ahead and rewound the wounds he'd sustained, the glass shard in his forehead pushing out and clinking to the ground, the blood trickling back up and out of sight as bones healed in his shoulder. James stared, relatively unfazed, at the massive zipper in mid air. "Thank you, Sophia? Coming with?" James glanced over towards the 'woman', then to the portal. "This is going to leave me with a headache..." Without further ado he stepped right through the portal...and whatever that would entail.

"Yes, I need to get in the mountain!" Sato was half frantic with every word by now, thunder booming overhead and lightning striking nearby the two of them, the scent of burnt ozone heavy in the air. Though she couldn't really 'see' the stream of magic, she could visualize the magical energy and the tears it left in the air, Sato sprinting towards the newly tunneled hole. "Come on!" She'd much rather take off at top speed, but she knew Thyris wouldn't be able to keep up with her going as fast as she could, nor would it be healthy for her to do that. A hand gripped the blade at her hip, knuckles white and her breathing heavy with her own rage. The wind from the storm overhead seemed to follow its creator, howling down the tunnel after her.

Caroline Dawson
Caroline honestly hadn't been paying much attention to the entire situation. Hero registration had changed so much from what she remembered...then again, her hero card was personally signed by President Chester Alan Arthur when the whole heroics scene was so much smaller, so she really had no place to complain about how much things have changed. "Wait-culture who now?" Caroline hadn't signed any papers to make her some damned 'culture mentor', what was this about? She stared between Unagi and the receptionist behind the counter as if she had just been told she'd be hung at the gallows...she didn't sign up for this shit. Attention turned to the man handing off the card...and the card itself. Well if that wasn't creepy as shit... "...Ya stay right there, I'm gonna have a conversation with that fella. Because if that ain't the creepiest shit I've seen today I don't know what is. Go ahead and wait outside alright?" Caroline started after the male, leaving Unagi alone.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

UNagi stood there confused as she watched her now mentor walk off. looking back at her hero card. A bit relieved she wasnt an automatic S rank that honestly really put pressure on her back in the day.

The large man went to his office sitting down as he nearly collasped in his chair. his breath ragged as the scorpion slowly crawled out of his shirt. waving its claw before leaving through the vents. He had been told from others about her. He had read her file. But when he received that phone call.... to hear such an innocent sounding voice say the scorpion in his shirt had enough venom to kill him in seconds.... It was nothing he could have prepared for. He did what he was told, and now he simply had to hope it was the end of it. It was said she always returned favours. But he didnt know if he even wanted to dip his hand into that forbidden delight of a favour from the itsy bitsy spider.... Before he could fully relax the cowgirl proceed to walk into his office. He was the director of this building, but even then he was quite use to heros simply doing this. He could only slap on a straight face and look at her in his sweat drenched suit. "Is there a problem?" he asked

James would exit the portal right at the foot of the mountain to see thyris chasing after sato inside. "master, it appears this will be quite troublesome. I sense something not belonging in this world from inside the mountain. The origins of its essence seem similar to sato. Shall I prepare for combat?" she asked as she began walking into the newly made tunnel. She did not care so much for the emotional troubles, But Sato was defined at family. And Sophia had come to quite like this family. If this may disturb the family. She was prepared to get rid of the problem. Though that required James permission. And mortals ever seemed so emotional about things from their past or their failures. Sophia felt herself at a current dillemna between some urge within her and her obedience towards her master. It was strange, unpleasant, yet at the same time. A feeling she could not describe.
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back