• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Detective Marshall

Adam watched entirely unfazed as Lexi downed the coffee in one go, though he did raise an eyebrow. "Did you even taste it?," followed promptly with "Wait, isn't that my cider?" She was certainly an interesting individual to work with...would never be a dull moment, he was sure. Though, Karma seemed to have a way to work out. She took his cider, so the universe gave her an anvil to the face. In spite of himself he chuckled slightly, only for it to draw out into a very soft laugh, a hand going to his chin as he stared at Lexi struggling. "That's what I'd call karma, Lexi. Muse, it's alright. She's a toon...she's fine, just annoyed I imagine." He stared at the two struggling for a bit, strumming his fingers on the desk. Huh, how did they get rid of the anvil atop her? He sure as hell wasn't going to be able to move it. And he wasn't about to ask the Crawling Chaos to move an anvil...she'd probably be fine. "Lexi, can you get out of there by yourself? No one here can move a whole anvil...wait, I got an idea." Standing up from his desk he moved around to Lexi, grabbing her arm and starting to pull on it. If she was a toon, maybe he could pull her out flat like a piece of paper?
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Addison Miller

Addison kept her eyes on Fay, tutting softly. "Now now Mister Fluorite, my mother raised me properly. If she found out I didn't cover lunch after dropping in unannounced she'd tan my hide, tan my sisters', and then tan my own again for good measure. Please, let me buy you lunch." Your 'Southern Manners' are nonsensical and will cause conflict. If Katjo gave her a dime every time she said that, she'd have forty dollars exactly...which she could THEN use to buy lunch! Taking one of the books placed before her she started to look through it, speed reading through it as the bio-synth in her skull helped her speed through it, barely spending more than ten seconds on a page at a time. As Fay spoke she waited patiently, listening intently and not too keen to interrupt him, her eyes landing on him as he took a phone call. "Darlin you're fine. As for your theory, it's a decent one, but I can't wholeheartedly agree with it. It's based on the idea that you and yours are the corner piece to this groups plans. I'm sure you're quite powerful and important, but the O.A likely doesn't care for you as anything but an interloper. Based on the reports I have, they're using the resurrectees as a sort of battery source, or plan to. I don't understand the specifics of temporal energy being converted into a usable format, but I would wager those who have remained dead longer or died in a certain way would function as a better power source. Though you're onto something there, if we can identify those who would be resurrected next, we can start to head them off at the pass. We'd need to identify the correct criteria to that though, there's not a lot of common factors..." I will begin to start to run the calculations. "Oh fucking joy, of course you will." It slipped out before she could catch herself, eyes wide as she stared into space. "...To be clear, I wasn't talking to you, Mister Fluorite."
07334269a362649fb55a95106f7c7d4e.png

Osuka Osuka

Death's Chill
The Reaper Knights game of banter had come to a close, no response offered to Ash's mocking comment and laugh. No, rather she continued her approach, the spinning scythe brought up at the last moment to hook around his sword and jerk it to force it to go wide, even as her icicles crashed into his back...not that he seemed to care. The glacial ice stayed lodged for a moment before flying backwards and into the air, only to ariel loop and come flying from behind Melita towards Ash, going over her head and shoulders to try to lodge into his shoulders. Provided she managed to redirect his blade she spun her scythe around, bringing a slash towards the arm that wielded his weapon in an attempt to disarm him.
LostHaven LostHaven

jewel.pngJewel
Ada hurried off the instant she could, not even waiting until the car had come to a complete stop. She was way too excited to hang out with her new boy toy.

It wasn't hard to spot Jewel, as she was tapping Chrysos into place with a baseball bat she had grabbed from inside her grimoire. It seemed she was working on posture? "Kid you need to be able to breathe properly if you wanna have decent magic flow. I slouch because I can. It means when I straighten up I scare the shit out of people. You made some mana move a little, that means ya gotta do that while not hunched over like you're kindling a fire in the wind."

All of a sudden she stopped, perked up, and jogged right up to him with a smile as though nothing was amiss, "Your antimagic thing stands out like a sore thumb to a mage like me, bud. Hi though! Here we go, a couple of pain in the ass trinkets." Jewel gently tossed the little tokens to him, both looking no different than a regular keychain object. One was a bottle opener, and the other a plastic-looking dragonfly. "I figured you'd appreciate discrete, and since I'm such a pain in the ass to deal with, I decided to go a bit beyond to make them not stand out. Satisfied customer?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Asano Fumi.pngAsuno Fumi あすのふみ
佐藤女神、助けてください。
怖いです。
私はどこにいるのかわかりませんが、彼らは私を傷つけています。
ここには怖い人がいて、私に何かを求めています。
私は彼らの言語を話しません。

彼らは私に腹を立てています。
Goddess Sato, please help me. I'm scared. I don't know where I am, but they're hurting me. There are scary people here, and they want something from me. I don't speak their language. They're getting angry at me.

The tiny girl prayed, hands clasped in front of her as her forehead almost touched the ground. She was in a roughed-up kimono, partially charred at the edges from a fire long gone. There were angry men and women all around her, and they tossed her in a dirt cell. They tried to talk to her, but it seemed none of them present spoke Japanese, so they only got frustrated with her and shoved her into the dirt.

She didn't want to bother Sato at first... she was probably really busy and these guys seemed really scary and she didn't wanna get Sato in trouble... but... eventually she couldn't wait anymore. It had been at least an hour, maybe two, and she decided to pray to their kami. She didn't know how she ended up here. The last thing she could remember was being really scared... and then nothing. And now she was here and scared and somewhere underground? It felt cold like a mountain though. Asuno sniffled and sat up after praying and rubbed her dirt-filled face free of tears.

It was dark in here. Was she gonna be okay? Were they gonna hurt her more?

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Sato, the fallen (minor) Storm Goddess

There was no air here, no gentle breeze or gust of wind to grace the abused shrine that she once lived in that she now called a prison. And yet, she could see, her sight retained to this prison alone so she could always live through her greatest failure again...and again...and again. She sat kneeling at her own shrine, head bowed as if in prayer, to who none could say. Her shrine was desecrated, the walls graffitied and windows shattered, prayers and portraits that once would decorate the room slashed or burned or written over with insults...the only thing that remained was a single jar of honey and a small hand made cloth doll, a gift from long ago that was naught more than a memory to her, bittersweet to recall. She dipped her head low, falling prostrate on the ground as she shut empty eyes tight. "I am sorry...all of you. Forgive me."

Before she could further lament her failures, a feeling filled her, breaking a silence she had known for so long. A prayer...a prayer from a child she once knew, a little girl. Her blood ran cold, anxiety gripped at her stomach as a cold sweat formed at her brow. Her clothes felt tight, the room felt small...what...no how. How was there a prayer? Memories of the night the mages assaulted her shrine and how she could not defeat them. Of the day she found her village as a burned husk when she traveled with James. Every prayer and lamentation that had gone up in her name the night it was ransacked and destroyed by barbarians haunted her again, a shiver trailing up her back. She wasn't strong enough then, this was nothing but another attack. It was naught but a hallucination. She tried to tell herself this, feed herself a lie, but it would not take root. No, it was a real prayer. The noise that was pulled from her throat was undignified and weak, a choked gasp of a sob as tears pinpricked at her eyes. Just as quickly as the sadness came it was replaced, a white-hot poker jammed deep into her core, stabbing and assaulting her. Unbidden, she offered back but a small response to the prayer...a feeling of warmth, comfort...an unspoken 'I'm coming'. Rage, blinding and indignant, brutal as a storm at sea. She had been weak then...she wasn't sure how she was alive, but it didn't matter to her. So long as one of her 'children' lived, she would act. A growl was pulled from her throat, mixed with another sob. She wouldn't fail again. She couldn't fail again. She leaned back on her knees, tilting her head back to scream towards the ceiling of her desecrated shrine. "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES! HELP ME!" Her scream trailed off into a shriek of rage, eyes shooting open to stare up at the ceiling. And though they may be blank as washi, no iris or pupil to speak of, there was an undeniable hatred that burned in them...all one had to do is look.

-------
James, Summoner

James was slumped over the hotel desk, the entire thing covered in complex magical symbols and theories that would make even the Archmages of the Magic Council pause in confusion on papers strewn far and wide over it, several coffee cups from at least a dozen different shops covering what little space they could find. His eyes were red and bloodshot from lack of sleep, looking over a piece of paper that held a theorum he had been working with. "Thyris, I told you, I'll sleep tomorrow night. I need to keep working...we worked so hard to get you all out of these fucking books, and now you're just back inside. You might have a nice little haven, but not everyone does. I think-" he fell silent, eyes falling on the Grimoire of the Storm on the nightstand beside the hotel bed which was now shaking the entire nightstand, crackling like a thundercloud about to go off, small jolts of electricity from it damaging the cedar wood. He'd never seen any of the books do that, outside of Hignars...fuck fuck and double fuck. "Thyris her book, get me her book. Fuck fuck fuck fuck!" James fell out of his chair as he tried to get up, fallinig onto his face due to the exhausted status of his mind and body, stumbling upright as he went to grab Sato's book. "Sato!?"
851b1011996328721bc6990215bd284d.png
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

"Owowowwow" the two could hear from underneath the anvil as Lexis arms stretched as Marshall pulled them acting like a thin stretch of rubber not giving much give for him to pull her out. It would take a little bit but finally her face slid out from underneath the anvil, it was as flat as paper and both could see as she turned her head it was essentially 2D rather than a normal 3D shape "......not a &@¥!*=&× word from either of you" Lexi said before grumbling as she stuck her thumb in her mouth and started to blow into her thumb.

It took a bit as her hand started to grow to about double its original size, Lexi rolled her eyes as she grabbed her engorged fingers and pushed her arm growing as the air pushed through it and resphered her head "Ahhh there we go" she shook her head again showing that it was now back to 3D "So ignoring what just happened, why did you come by here miss muse?" Lexi asked calmly as she sat on the anvil "I mean unless the food and drink was the only reason you came by, because jeeeeeeez I'm boooooored!"

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Thyris was holding a baseball bat in her hands as she listened to james pleas. "SLoppy work is done when idiots dont rest james" She said calmly raising the bat preparing to swing before she saw the book and immediately grabbed it. "Summon her now!" she yelled shoving it into james hands blasting his face with cold water to jump start him awake. She knew that scream was when sato was in absolute desperation. And she would not let it happen again.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Sato and James
James coughed and sputtered as the book was thrust into his hands, face now thoroughly drenched in ice-cold water. At least he was awake now... "I know, I know!" The grimoire crackled with electricity, burning his hands as it zapped and crackled with energy. Fortunately for James, his pain tolerance was unusually high, so he'd muscle through it fine. Slamming open the book in one hand he kept his hand above it, tapping into the arcane energies in both himself and the book. "Invocation: Storm Goddess!" Typically there was a gust of wind and he'd be fine...that's not what happened. As soon as the 'gate' was opened the entire room was caked in a thunderous boom, the Summoner tossed away from his book and into a wall with a thud. The air smelled heavy of burning ozone, the blind goddess standing in the room and practically shaking like a leaf. "We need to go...we need to go now, we have to find her!" James winced, standing upright and approaching her, only for the goddess to latch onto his shoulders and shake him. "Sato what's the issue-" "Someone's alive! I need to go to her, we have to go!" "Calm down, who's alive!?-OW, MY SHOULDER-"

James let out a noise of pain as he felt the panicked goddess crush a shoulder in her grasp, a sick crack filling the room to join the scent of ozone. Sato stared at him, shaking as tears ran down her face. "Someone from my village...someone from my village is alive. I heard her prayer, I know where she is...James please, we have to help." "...What?" "DID I STUTTER YOU IDIOT!? ONE OF MY CHILDREN IS ALIVE, AND I NEED TO HELP HER!... Please...please help me save her." James fell silent, the throbbing in his shoulder replaced with a throbbing in his temple, the vein there pulsing ever so slightly. "Alright...I don't understand, but alright. Lead the way." The goddess stared at him, her hands withdrawing from his shoulders. "Thank you...you know how to get to me. I'm going ahead." "Wait, what-?"

Before he could finish his thought the goddess was gone, soaring out of the window and heading high into the sky. Higher she climbed, into the air of which birds dare not fly. The overcast clouds around her grew thicker, darkening in tone until they took on an ominous color, rumbling with thunder as they swirled around her, her breathing ragged. "I'm...I'm coming. I won't fail again. I'm stronger now..." It only took a few moments, the skies above L.A turning into a deadly 'eye', the clouds circling slowly as rain and thunder began to pour down, the spited goddess's rage manifesting as a deadly hurricane. Flapping her wings once she soared away through the clouds, thunder, and lightning silhouetting her advance.

James blinked, staring out the window towards the forming hurricane, and then looking to Thyris. "...I'm going to need you to come with me. SOPHIA, CAN YOU COME OUT HERE!?...She crushed my shoulder again..." James gave a slow breath, the first of the rain starting to pepper against his face. "...Well, we should probably get going."
Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Raum of Secrets
Eye of the Storm | "Of all the bizarre things that can happen in one day..."

“What dreadful weather,” Raum brooded on the events of the previous night as he stood on the balcony of his hotel room. He leaned against the railing, a half-finished cigarette in one hand, and the other fiddling with an ornate lighter. His jacket had been removed, and hung on the backrest of a chair placed further in from the edge of the balcony as to avoid the rain. Despite the horrendous rain, Raum didn't seem to mind. He had, after all, slept on a tree under worse weather.

A sudden gust of wind would cause the archdemon to let out a gasp as the cigarette in his hand was blown right out, and blew a huge torrent of rain that drenched Raum. "Curses," the demon grumbled as he stood up from his leaning position, and prepared to return to his room. The wind however, inexplicably and suddenly turned violent, which caused the archdemon to stop and look back over the balcony. Within mere seconds, the clouds in the sky had circled into an ominous spiral, and the wind began to violently lash out in irrational directions. In short time, heavy torrent had rapidly metamorphosed into violent storms, and had swept up the black jacket Raum had left on his chair.

"IRNH-!" Raum uncharacteristically cursed aloud in an old demonic tongue as he leaned out to catch his jacket, but the fabric slipped against his fingers and was snatched away by the storm. Without even thinking twice, the archdemon found himself climbing up onto the railings and leaping off in chase of his stray jacket, shifting into the form of a raven as he gave chase, only to lose the item as he would soon find that manoeuvring in the air whilst under heavy storm was no easy feat. To make matters worse, Raum would realize that making a landing was close to impossible. Before long, he had found himself flying wherever the vicious gale took him.

"Fuck-" Raum cursed again, noticeably shaken with heavy irritation. The four gleaming red eyes on the sides of Raum's head darted around in all directions, before settling in on what seemed to be a patch of storm clouds. "I suppose I'll take a look," he uttered to himself, recognizing that there was some sort of entity at the root of the storm. How annoying. Altering his path of flight to align with the direction of the wind, Raum flew forward with as much strength as he could give, and began to angle his direction upwards, crashing right into the storm clouds.

In between darkened clouds and occasional, blinding flashes of lightning, Raum could make out a faint outline of a winged humanoid in the distance. However, its form was far too shrouded to gleam anything with his demonic eyes, and calling out to it seemed to have little effect, as Raum's voice would only be drowned by the howling wind. That left one more option.

Without warning, Raum's presence would increase from barely noticeable to an overbearing and ominous aura that Sato would suddenly sense. In fact, despite the considerable distance, Sato would begin to choke on the thick aura of terror that began to infest the air all around them, with the raven at its centre. Incredibly reckless? Probably. But it seemed that Raum was so substantially upset at the loss of his jacket that he was determined to give the being a piece of his mind.

Sato
Typically, it was very poor form for any creature to take to the skies during a hurricane...then again, Raum wasn't a simple bird so he'd be fine...probably? The goddess had been making pace through storm clouds at a terrifying rate, illuminated by the crack of lightning and carried on howling winds. She knew where she was going, she just had to get there. However, her wings spread wide to bring her to a halt as a feeling hit her, causing her to choke on the air for a moment in surprise. Terror, gripping terror from...somewhere...where? It had taken her by surprise, but she was no mere mortal and it'd take more than fear projection to halt her. Rather, it simply diverted her attention. Obviously, whoever was trying this parlor trick was trying to stop her from reaching her 'daughter', that was the only reasonable explanation. "You can't hide from me..." Raum's mission had borne fruit, and he'd painted a giant target on his back. Wings spreading wide they flapped once as she started to dive towards Raum like a falling stone...faster and faster still, the howling winds about him spinning and buffeting him in a 'cage' of air, a streak of lightning through the air mere feet from him and roasting the ozone. In but a blink the goddess flapped her wings once, simply 'blinking' in front of Raum as she reached a speed of irrational proportions, keeping herself aloft in front of him. Despite the howling wind that should rightfully have torn her from the sky and tossed her about, she hung in the air in silence, face hidden by fox mask.

"Are you the one responsible?...You wanted my attention bird-" She paused, sniffing the air slowly. "No, demon...I know that scent anywhere...are you the one who took her!? What do you know!? What is it you want!?" The goddess kept her hand at the hilt of her blade, staring down at the raven lord now confined to a swirling dome of air that kept him safe from the howling winds, if only to keep him, prisoner, within it.

LostHaven LostHaven

Raum of Secrets
Eye of the Storm | "I would accuse you of racism if I didn't know better."

Needless to say, Raum did not seem to appreciate being thrown around like a plastic bag. Even after the winds shifted and calmed around the demon, it still took Raum a moment to recover from the nausea. A halo of stars and asterisks circled atop Raum's head as he tried to reorient himself. Once he did, he let out a cough as he worked to pull back on his presence. "My apologies, but it seemed you were unable to hear me above the wind and all the thunder."

Now that he had been suspended midair by the deity's magic, Raum took the time to ruffle his feathers and shake the rain off himself before continuing. "No, I am not responsible nor am I affiliated with those that 'took her'. If anything, I find your assumptions rather insulting. I do not concern myself with such despicable tasks as kidnapping children, or whatever vile act you seem dead set on halting," he replied. "I am simply here to request that you cease... well, that." Raum proceeded stretch out one wing and motioned toward the violent storm all around them. "In fact, I am rather upset at the trouble your little hurricane has caused me, and I am certain no human on the ground down there would appreciate a deity throwing a tantrum. Those can be rather destructive, after all."

Fay D. Fluorite
Apartment
Time is a bullhockey excuse to tie people to the inevitability of the end.

1634701551271.png
"Don't get me wrong," Fay started. A sigh left his lips as he put his phone away, the response he got from Jewel bothersome but not entirely unexpected. "I don't think I'm so important that the OA would think of me as a linchpin for their plans, but from what I can tell, they're resurrecting people who are either incredibly influential, powerful, or those who have ties to important and powerful individuals. A Mage's arsenal is as vast as their mind, and James was pretty clever even for someone our-"

Looks like he wasn't going to get the chance to finish his thoughts or the debate on who was treating who to lunch. Instead, duty calls, as multiple calls came across the scanner. The two that piqued his interest were a bomb threat and what appeared to be an anomalous hurricane. It was obvious what was going to be responded to first - if you had a choice between three city blocks and an entire section of LA, it was obvious that the Hurricane evacuation and investigation would take priority. The bomb threat would have to be resolved quickly, and there was no telling when the explosives would go off, so for him, the choice was the explosives issue. Three city blocks would still be enormously impactful to the peace of the citizens, and the toxin could spread far and wide on the winds that were bound to pick up through the rest of Los Angeles, which could cause absolute chaos through the entire territory...

His territory. He was a Council Mage who swore himself to this area, and someone thought it'd be funny to plant bombs in his stomping grounds. Fay pulled his phone out again to shoot a text to his Mentor before he spoke again:

Jewel, I'm going to respond to a bomb threat. I'll meet up after.

"I'm sorry, but I have a call to respond to," he said, his voice now grave as he stood quickly to start his preparations. "I'm only an Apprentice Hero, but if you'd like to come along to help me with my progress to a full-fledged Hero, you're more than welcome. Aside from that, with the Hurricane issue, if the explosives aren't resolved and the Hurricane investigation fails, the issues could compound and cause even more damage."

The change in his personality was almost instant. Where once there was a tired, yet amicable young Mage who put hospitable manners first, there was suddenly someone else in the same bag of flesh and bones. Aiko had horked up his equipment and robes, which he flowed into before moving around the room with a sort of purpose you didn't see in many. Phials, chalk, and trinkets of all sorts were being stuffed in precise locations all over his coat and inside the heavy cloaked that draped over his body, and his staff was summoning more and more to him as his right hand snatched and scooped up more and more until it seemed like the cloak that threatened to swallow his body seemed like it could hold even the bookshelves that lined his apartment.

The glint in his eyes as he turned to Addison sharpened as his once soft, pleasant expression became a chiseled mask of purpose and grave intent. Just within the realm of perception, it was possible that even Addison would pick up on the almost-untraceable pops and snaps of multiple spells going off all at once and right after the other at the same time. Wards and charms were pouring across his body, and for just a second the air shimmered and his many different pieces of jewelry, necklaces, and bracelets shone and jangled. Two potions were chased one after another down his gullet - one a lively green, and another a swirling, dull red that almost seemed alive before it was downed without a thought. Runes of an unknown script scrawled across his exposed hands and his face once the two had made their way to his gut, then sunk into his flesh.

His eyes flicked to a closed door before he shook his head. He'd have to finish his little project first before he could take it for a test run.

"If you'd like to see just what a Council Mage can do, feel free to come along," Fay said as he made his way to the door, opening it and standing by. "But we'll have to postpone our pleasant conversation until I deal with a pest who thought it a good idea to go threatening a Mage's territory."

Sato
The goddess's hand tightened into a tight fist around the hilt of her blade, staring at Raum and weighing his words carefully, glaring at him from behind the mask she wore, his words semi-drowned out here and there by the rumble of thunder from the storm around them. "It's not my fault you elected for a terror projection to get my attention, you could have just as easily been trying to divert me to parlay or attack me to stop me...tantrum?" She looked around slowly, head twisting this way and that, the storm raging around her as she fell silent. "...Power is all they understand, groups like this 'O.A'. There's no guarantee that they've not invaded every level of the city and have sympathizers to every degree...But it's not right to lump them all together." She paused, turning her attention towards the streets below. She raised her head a bit, flicking her wrist at her side as the hurricane steadily started to move towards a mountain in the nearby distance, 20 miles at best, far faster than a storm of its nature had a right to move as if it was in a personal hurry. "I'm moving the storm to that mountain, but I will not dissipate it...it was going there to begin with...Now what else do you want?"

LostHaven LostHaven

Raum of Secrets
Floating in a Wind Prison | "Glad that you're civilized."

The raven's eyes followed the storm clouds as they rapidly moved toward the mountains, away from the city. He let out a huff in satisfaction, knowing that the sewers were no longer in threat of flooding. His eyes did raise as Sato went on a tangent about the possibility of O.A. sympathizers among the midst of ordinary civilians, but let out a small sigh of relief after she came to the logical conclusion that it was absurd to flood a whole city for that reason alone.

"Well, your hurricane seems to have scattered a large number of my belongings all over. A large volume of contracts that were made onto a physical medium - and I'm sure you're aware of the complications that can arise from misplacing certain magic-bound contracts." As Raum explained, he simultaneously reviewed the wells of information his eyes had gleamed off the deity, though he immediately ceased after he began to sense a sharp pain starting to stab into the sides of his head, and quickly shoved everything he knew into the back of his mind. Strange, that didn't happen often, but he knew enough already. "Though, I suppose your situation right now is far too urgent to stop and collect scattered 'documents' for a random demon. But, I don't suppose you would be kind enough to disperse this 'box' you've ensnared me in?"

Last edited:
Addison Miller; Sanguine Seriema

Addison tapped her foot gently as Fay spoke, glancing out the window as it started to rain. Not just rain, absolutely and totally fucking start to pour buckets, thunder and lightning included. Just as Fay started to get alerts, alert information was feeding in through her earpiece...hurricane and bomb threat...wonderful. Figuring the bombs were toxin gas, or even a liquid, the storm would make it jump from a 10 to a 20 in no time flat. She couldn't change the weather in the slightest, and since they had no clue what timer they were on....great. It is advised this conversation be slated to deal with the pressing matter, per our contract. Addie blew a puff of air, her cheeks puffing like a little girl who was just told she couldn't have the latest toy. She knew, but of course her damn 'partner' had to let her know. "Don't got to apologize none, this is as much a part of my contract anyways." Addison stood upright, watching Fay get suited up, arms crossed across her chest.

Though she wasn't attuned to magic, even she could notice the soft pop going off now and again, whatever the hell it may be. Magic, maybe? Her expression was neutral, the kind southern woman he had been speaking with had apparantly gone on a vacation, replaced with a stoic and neutral look that looked equal parts intrigued and wholly uninterested by him at this point. "Got a funny way of tying a lot of stuff to you, ya know that? We'll figure lunch later, we can move and talk." Addison started out of the door, raising a hand to her earpiece to key into it...she needed to have a chat with her sister. "Wakey wakey, Caracara, we've got to get moving. Toxin bombs downtown, the threat could be compounded by an ongoing hurricane. I'll have Planner send Lahn what information we have so far. With the hurricane going on, we need to get a few squads moving to play escort and civvie duty. I'm suiting up, I've got the Apprentice Hero, Celesteon, with me. Keep me in the loop as you make your way here." As she made her way down the hall she stretched her arms above her head in a stretch, simply assuming Fay would be at her side or rear. A soft hiss of irritation escaped her as her right arm glowed ever so slightly beneath her armor in a sort of circuitry design, layers of machinery starting to spread out from the back of the arm to cover her entire body in one single unit. "I don't know how much ground you can cover, but it might be best if I cover that. My men will ensure civilians are cleared out of the area, what can you handle?" The eunuchs capabilities could be useful in locating the 'Fearmind' villain the report indicated. "Fair nuff. Celesteon, you got a sort of location...spell, I guess, to find this Fearmind fella?"
image0.png
1621696004979-png.885046

Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka

Fay Fluorite

1634825658501.png
It wasn't surprising that someone outside of the Council didn't know just how far the Council itself was willing to go for one of their own. In fact, there was no reason to treat such a statement in any sort of negative manner. It was just the opposite, actually. Council Mages were protective of not only their younger members, but vastly more so when it came to those like himself and his surviving classmates. There was a reason he could count on someone like Aquilias showing up if he bit off more than he could chew, even if he refused to rely on such a thing and took active steps to throw them off. He was a Mage; an apprentice Hero who had to learn to carry their own weight - and the weight of the city once he was formally inducted into the Hero society. That being said, it wasn't like those were going to always work against a Merlin, so it was a toss-up from day to day.

Still, he found the comment endearing in an odd way: the woman was simultaneously chiding him for his supposed complex while reminding him of his own mental health. It'd be ridiculous for someone as young as Fay to take on such a heavy burden, but of course, she wasn't aware of just how he was lured out. It was definitely targeted, and they definitely required his presence for some reason, as just as he arrived, he had found James.

Onto her question, however, as time was of the essence.

"I'm no second-rate initiate, if that's what you're asking," Fay responded as they exited the apartment building. It was a downpour outside, heavy enough to worry about the immediate area flooding if it were a natural phenomenon. For him, however, this wasn't the worst situation he could be in, as the snow cloak had kept him dry while the torrent of wind and rain seemed to have no effect on his cloak. "I'm a Council Mage, and we're nothing if not prepared for the task we set ourselves to."

Breathe in, and breathe out. The Mana that he had stored over the past few days was enough to make another Mage feel sick if they didn't train their mana pools to be as expansive, though he couldn't say it was a bragging point. He specialized in Evocation - specifically snapcasting, or the immediate casting of spells. Snapcasting made for rough spells, however, as rough would really mean that his spells were more expensive, and to compound it all, he wasn't considered a "Classical" mage. Those who were typical mages were those who drew mana from outside of themselves to cast spells, but there were those like himself who were Will casters. They almost exclusively harnessed the mana - the very lifeforce within themselves to shape their spells with their imagination and sheer force of will, almost bending reality to their whim.

It was just after Fay had spoken that he raised his left hand high into the air, and as Aiko swallowed up his staff, he reached into an inside pocket with his right hand to clutch something. No more than a few seconds passed that the rain around himself and Addison froze as if time had frozen for them and then alone. The wind still whipped and buffeted his cloak as he held his stance for a few moments more, then dropped his hand. What he had produced now was a small map of LA at their feet, with the droplets forming tiny replicas of the buildings and streets around them, and a sapphire affixed to a silver chain dropped, hanging by the loop around his middle finger. The plan, from here on, was simple enough:

Just focus on the panic.

People panicked when there was a bomb threat, and even more so when the threat was a very real possibility. Even if people were used to baddies and heroes going toe-to-toe, vying for control of the streets and protecting the lives which hung in the balance, fear was something primal. All he had to do was to dig into his own and match it to the situation, even if it was easier said than done in the grand scheme of things. Every second that this spell continued cost him precious mana, and recharging on the move was going to be a pain as it stood already. Still, the sapphire pendulum did its job as it swayed in the wind, then became straight as an iron rod as it flicked between multiple buildings. Once he had memorized the landmarks to a point where recalling them was boring and even irritating, the rain around them once again came in a torrent, the rage of the phenomenon just as heavy and oppressive as before.

Fay wouldn't allow himself to show Addison that the spell itself was as physically taxing as it was in the realm of Magick, but as he tucked the scrying pendulum back into his jacket, Aiko coughed up his staff once more and he nodded in the direction they needed to go.

"I can catapult us there," he said, tone flat as he stepped to the middle of the empty street. "Just grab onto my robe and don't let go until we get there."

And with that, if Addison had affixed herself to him, he would rocket them straight up into the air before careening them towards the target destination, the heavy sheet of rain angrily bouncing off of them just a few centimeters away from their body.

muse.jpgMuse/Abigail
That was so weird. Was the anvil thing summoned because of some toon-based karma scale? Muse was just happy she was okay, though!

Abigail blushed, then puffed her cheeks out just a little in embarrassment, "Miss Lexi you're ridiculous! That was scary! A normal person would've been hurt by something like that. Are you sure you're okay?" She pouted, adorable, but just sighed and folded her arms, "No. I didn't come by for food. I came by to apologize to Detective Marshall. I felt responsible for that boy... I don't know why. I just... felt like he needed help. But that's no excuse for making more work for a fellow hero, police hero or not."

She looked away and bit at her lip, "So... ah... Detective Marshall? I know this is very sudden, and I did come here as an apology so I have no right to even ask... but... um. Do you by chance need an extra hand? I know Kali's my mentor, but... I'm allowed to have more than one mentor. I ah..." Abigail huffed out a breath, calming herself, "Let me explain a little. I know people don't like Kali for some reason - other heroes don't anyway, but civilians do. So she must be hard to work with or something... but she's always been very nice to me. The other day though... well like I said my voice can really affect people. I was singing. I didn't think she could hear me because she was in another room, but... She came in and I didn't hear her or notice her until she almost stabbed me and stabbed her own hand instead."

"I... I mean even singing a song like that, 'Animals'... like I was... I've never had that kind of response before, especially when I wasn't trying to! It... really scared me. I don't want to be a risk to people like that. Having a second mentor that doesn't feel any effects from me would be nice." She explained everything, and Adam, being as intelligent, capable, and well-connected as he was, would probably be able to work out that Kali was the real problem in that equation. Muse simply removed some of that beast's thin self-control, urging her to kill with the sort of song she was singing to herself. Kali was an absolutely terrible role model for sweet little Muse - even the toon in the room probably knew that much!

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

milk.jpgAdon and Friends
Adon stood up as Agas and Natalie argued mentally as per usual. She walked over and gave Natalie a big hug around her shoulders from behind, "I like you, Natalie. Thank you for being kind and for meeting with m-EEP!!" The girl just about jumped out of her skin at a massive and sudden crack of thunder. That was shortly followed by rain, and lots of it! Adon grabbed Nat's arm, spooked, and looked up, "There's an angry goddess in the area. Like really really angry."

Not five minutes later, though, the storm started to move northeast. Adon was still spooked, though, and stayed beside Natalie, "Should we... look what's wrong? Or should I stay out of it in case it'd be dangerous for me right now?"

Darren, now drenched, glared at his water-logged drink and stood, sighing dramatically, "Yeah no. If that... thing... is because of a goddess, going close to it would be a BAD idea. You're not really fully you right now, after all. I feel like Agas would have a stroke from worry." Tracy, also drenched, just nodded along, standing too.

Adon pouted, hand going to hold Nat's, like a scared child, "Agas, I don't want you to have a fit from worry... Can you make sure to check in on it for me later and make sure the goddess or whoever is okay, though? I'm worried."

Tracy piped up, "I can buy my own damned clothes, Nat. Oh also. Had a thought. Er... not about the sudden shower I just got, though now I'm cold as fuck. If there's this piece of God... uh... could there be others? Like for instance a more wrath-type piece? Because if there is that doesn't sound good."

~Ella Miller~

41A8085A-8D8A-492E-831D-785BDA7E4DB6.png Finding Addy after the traitor left her behind was easy thanks to their symbiotes. A convenient and unhackable method of tracking. If she closed her eyes she could practically see how far her sister was. Instead, Ella slowly be deliberately chewed on another bite of her cinnamon bun while Lahn helped her ‘find’ some information. Fearmind. Seemed like a fun one. Nothing screams, ‘I’m great at parties,’ like domestic terrorism. Snapping her laptop shut as she finished her late breakfast, Ella stood as she stretched.

“You think I have enough time to take a shower?” Ignoring the feeling that her symbiote was rolling their eyes, she happily made her way to carefully get ready. So what if she was late to the party? DearAddison didn’t seem concerned seeing as how she left Ella behind while she was sleeping and unaware. Again, annoyance bubbled up from Lahn and again it was ignored.

Petty.

Yes. She was.

On days that they worked, it wasn’t practical to dress up or wear makeup; so while she tried her best to extend her morning routine she still found herself ready to go too soon for her liking. Oh well, at least I’ll be late enough to make a dramatic entrance. If they could, Ella was sure Lahn would sigh with relief. Instead, she got a quick change into her suit and her symbiote already directing her to Addison.

((Mentioned @ManofManyRoles’s Addison))

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.pngAXIOM

As Axiom entered, he was met with someone begging for their lives. He makes his way to the voice, only to hear another familiar voice, then a gunshot. There he stops once he sees a slumped body at the feet of Spear. Spear greeted him, but Axiom didn't hear him. Spear wanted to play a game, but Axiom wasn't interested in playing. All Axiom did was hold eye contact with Spear with still, cold eyes. Light the doors to his spirit had just shut. Luckily for Spear, he retreated deeper into the station before Axiom took another step in his direction.

Axiom was snapped out of his pseudo-trance by Orpheus and one part of him was surprised that he was in the building himself and on the other hand was elated to have assistance. Orpheus wondered what would he do with one of the last foundations of the fire station was giving away.He needed to work fast if that was the case. Axiom looked through the diminishing flames and found a few fire-fighters trapped in place some of the fallen debris. They look at Axiom in surprise and relief.

"A hero? I'm not going to lie, I didn't think any of you guys were in the neighborhood. Count us lucky that you were." on of the firemen responds

"You men need to get out. There's people out there who will need you to save their lives another day and there's people who need you now." Axiom assures them with a smile "If you're not hurt, I'm going to need your help getting everyone else out. My armor won't be able to absorb the flames fast enough but that's where I'm going to need you to come in. Find whoever else is in the building and take hem outside. The ambulance should be out there waiting for anyone who's injured."

"Will do, let's get a move on,boys!" Another firefighter commands as they all begin helping the civilians and fellow firefighters up out of the building and sure enough, the ambulance was there waiting to help the wounded

Axiom looks back to Oprheous "Here's hoping that's the majority of the people that were trapped in here. If not, then I'm counting on you to find them. I know this is alot of faith I'm placing in a stranger but I know no one just comes into a burning building with someone with someone they just met if they didn't have an ace up their sleave. I'll support the building for as long as you need to see if there's anymore survivors and to put an end to the ones responsible. Besides, I'd take it you'd want to confront the one who almost took your son's life for yourself. May the best be with you, sir! And do try to make it out alive! I'd want your son to be proud of his father by the end of all this!" Axiom gives him a two-fingered salute and a smile before running outside to see what the damage was.
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
ada.jpgAda and Sean
Ada hummed along to some invisible tube as she waved her dad goodbye and headed inside the library. It wasn’t hard to spot Sean. Hell, he even had his guards with him today. Cutie. Did he feel bad for the silly kidnapping attempt? There was no reason to. People like that, political pawns, were like… F-tier. They were barely worth a glance. His attention was glued to a book, so he didn’t notice her approach - nor did his guards feel like telling him. They thought it was funny. She tip-toed up and grabbed his shoulders, whisper-shouting, “Boo!”

Poor Sean just about jumped out of his skin as reality lagged out for a second thanks to one of his abilities. She just grinned though, as Sean huffed and swatted at her with the book in his hand, “Ada this is a library! We’re not supposed to goof off like that!”

“We could go somewhere else then~ Somewhere that roughhousing would be allowed?” Ada teased, catching and tossing the book expertly so it landed back in its designated spot in the shelf.

Sean’s face reddened, “I… um… I mean I guess we can, yeah. Where do you wanna go?”

Ada shrugged, “Dunno. Hi, by the way.”

“O-oh! Right. Um. Hi. You startled me so bad I didn’t even say hello. Sorry!” he stuttered, and Ada just laughed.

“Right, then, mister adventure man. Let’s go have some fun,” she gave a quick glance to his guards. Would it be more fun to lose them, or play a good little girl? Decisions decisions. She walked off and outside, sticking close to the boy she was so interested in, and picked a random direction. There was a lot of fun to be had in getting purposefully lost (especially when you could just bring up a map on your phone to get un-lost!).

The two lovebirds chatted nonstop as they walked. Sean was easy to talk to, and Ada was always curious. Ada at one point even paused to give Sean a kiss on the cheek in return for the one he gave her on their date. They both blushed so hard at that, their ears started to go red. The guards were chuckling and whispering between each other, clearly amused. That only lasted for a while, however. Ada noticed they were being tailed, and she could tell the guards knew it too. They were more adept than whoever it was that tried on the date, though. They weren't acting, taking it slow, making sure they found the right opportunity. With the guards here, it wouldn't be easy to reach their goal, whatever it was.

Should she just... preemptively stab them? She probably had a poison needle in her to-go bag, right? She could make it pretty much untraceable... mm... but Sean was there. His guards were too, and if Mr. Keeler wasn't acting yet there was probably a reason for it. Sean seemed to be none the wiser to it, too... poor kid. He was gonna go through hell when her dad trained him. Especially since she decided she for sure wants to keep him around.

A sudden storm that appeared from out of thin air distracted everyone in the group. It wasn't from any of them and wasn't from the person tailing them, and it soaked the whole group... so their focus on the suspicious person lapsed. The rain moved with a purpose away from them, and in a crack of well-timed lightning, both Sean and Ada were gone. It had been barely an hour since they got dropped off, and Ada already had to press her secret emergency button.

Addison Miller; Sanguine Seriema

The rain was absolutely a torrential downpour sort of scenerio, and it had simply shown up out of nowhere. No weather alert, nothing. It just fucking happened. Magic, maybe? That seemed to be a theme for her today, so it was a good chance. Oddly enough though, just as quickly as it had begun it was beginning to move away towards the mountain ranges...unreasonably fast for a hurricane, like it had an agenda. "That storm isn't normal," she muttered, watching the eye travel as she stood beside Fay. Her attention slowly drifted to him, the attention devoted to him for now. "Huh...neat trick for a map." She stared down at the map, the A.I in her skull working quickly to correlate the map to what they had studied when they got here. They knew the location...heavy population, a civilian area with a lot of apartments and lodging. Perfect place for a terror attack. It is advised we move expeditiously, the masses panic will only worsen the situation. Addison gave a nod, gripping Fays cloak. "Appreciate the lift."

As the group catapulted off towards their target, they'd touch down in the midst of panic, civilians running around or huddled in areas as the lingering 'arm' of a hurricane buffeting the area. In the streets there were large vehicles that seemed unbothered by the wind and rain, men and women in uniform similar to what Addison had been wearing shouting direction and ushering people back and forth like a well oiled machine. It was obvious just looking at them that, despite how god awful this situation was for the civilians, the men and women in uniform saw this as no more than a routine day at work, and were handling it quite splendidly. A centralized 'hub' had been set up where the PMC squads were working from, working to ferry people out of the area and shouting to each other over the howl of rain. "Leave civilian work to them, they can handle it. They've worked in worse conditions with a less kind populace, they can get the area cleared. But we don't know what sort of timer we have." She paused, looking around. Ella I know you can hear me on this channel. We need you down here, we need to cover ground if we're going to locate these bombs. So very handy having a link with her sister thanks to the A.I's in their head...well in this sort of scenerio. Very awkward when you're trying to enjoy a quiet night in your room, half asleep, and someone's asking about where the fuck you put the Chex Mix. I have identified probable locations for the bombs. "So have I, you know." Addison glanced around, gently shaking Fay by the shoulder to get his attention. "Based off population crowding, the typical wind speed in this part of L.A, and water flow, we've got some hot spots we can check. Car park up north, a water cleaning facility just south of us by a block, and several maintenance areas that hook into the ventilation systems of these apartments. We need to divide and conquer and find Fearmind. They'll likely have a manual trigger, so we'll need to keep em occupied."
image0.png

Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka

Sato
The woman's gaze was glued to Raum as he made a comment about his contracts, bristling internally just a bit. It wasn't necessarily anything Raum had done, a simple correlation for her of a contract to her own situation with that damnable Grimoire. Without so much of a moment the wind prison containing the raven demon dissipated to a gentle breeze, the lingering arms of the storm sending buffeting rain to the world below as it traveled onwards. "I cannot assist you with your contracts, not at this moment. My situation is pressing, and every moment I am not fixing it is time wasted, seconds ticking away. Find a human named James, dresses in some sort of...I suppose you could call it 'modern mage' attire. Has a satchel, reeks of magic power. He'll help you, where I cannot. Goodbye, Sir Demon." The goddess flapped her own raven-like wings once, simply blinking out of sight. Though that wasn't quite accurate...no she had simply started to follow her storm, moving at a pace so quickly that one was unable to track her with eyes alone, the rumble of thunder in the distance her parting farewell.

LostHaven LostHaven

Detective Marshall

Well, it all worked out, and cartoon physics had saved the day. Though, poor Lexi was quite flattened out from the whole process...eh, she'd be fine. "Right, not a word. You're still perfectly three-dimensional, of course." Adam gave her a nod as he returned to his desk, starting to sort through papers slowly. "You'll learn to value the boring moments. It means we're not investigating a murder, an accidental death, or a scene in an alleyway that'll haunt you for years." Adam glanced over to Muse, pulling a cigarette from his person and lighting it, blowing a tower of smoke out in front of himself and away from either of the girls. "I'm sure Lexi is fine. She's a toon...happens all the time in cartoons." Adam pulled the cigarette from his lips, tapping ash into an ash tray as he leveled his gaze with Muse, taking a slow puff again. "Well don't. He's old enough to make his own stupid decisions, you don't make them for him. That kid? He's not trouble for me, seriously. I've dealt with far worse...I call it my 're-occurring headache'."

Adam glanced through a few more documents, grabbing a water bottle and taking a drink from it as Muse spoke, eyes going back to her. "I can give you a list as long as your arm on why I don't like Kali, but I don't think you want that. Unless you do, in which case sure, I'll give you the list." Adam took a long drag, the cigarette turning to ash and discarded to the ash tray on his desk as he blew a plume of smoke out away from them again. "I'm happy to have you on as an apprentice. Just know that I'm still a father and a husband, so you're going to have to share me...And we're going to have to teach you to shut your eyes when I say, and never ask a question on why...Also, don't ask too many questions on some cases. The less you know, the healthier a life you'll live." Adam tapped his fingers on his desk, nodding to her. "Sound fair? In turn, I'll teach you what I know."
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back