• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Sean's House
sean dad.png"Sean, when are you seeing that girl again?" the father asked, finishing off an early morning whiskey, "She was a looker. You better keep her interest if you want to have her as your own."

Sean scrunched his nose at his bowl of cereal, "Ah... yeah. Sure."

His mom piped up softly from a cup of coffee, "You shouldn't bother him so much about this, dear. I'm sure it'll be fine."

sean mom.pngShe pet Sean's head lightly in apology before moving off to the stove where she was cooking breakfast for his father. Sean watched her, then let his eyes drift over to his dad. He hated his stupid mustache. It made him look even creepier than he already was.

He flicked out his phone, eyed the time, and decided it was a good time to leave. If he could avoid more questions about Ada, then all the better. He wasn't too hungry anymore. He pushed the bowl away and stood.

"I'm gonna head off early."

"Be safe. Please don't avoid your guards."

"Message your girl before you go! Make sure she knows you're thinking of her."

Sean scrunched his nose again, "She's not MY anything, dad. She's her own person." Besides... with a personality like that, if anything, he was hers, not the other way around. The thought of it made him chuckle silently as he jogged off. His guards followed out of the house and he slowed so he was walking next to Mr. Keeler.

"Oh? Not ditching us today?" the man said with a dry laugh, "What, is the girl already a good influence?"

Sean puffed his cheeks, "Oh shush. I need to practice more not using my ability without thinking of it. Her dad's scary. I don't want to piss him off."

"Hey, I'm not complaining. Being able to actually walk next to you is kinda helpful for our job, after all," Keeler laughed. Derrek was a little less amused. He walked on the other side of Sean, slightly behind him.

"Personally, I don't trust the father at all."

Keeler shrugged, "I trust him no more than I do anyone else. I feel like Sean's not really at risk with him as long as he doesn't piss off the girl, though. I got the feeling he'd do just about anything for his kid."

Sean huffed a loud sigh, "Just shut up, guys. Why the heck is this such a topic of talk?! It's ridiculous. Leave it be."

That got a collective shrug from the men, and Keeler spoke up, "Alright alright. Sorry bud. Where are you walking to, anyway?"

sean.jpgSean shrugged back in response. He was just walking down the sidewalk without a clear goal in mind, "I don't know. I wanted to get out of the house, though. I'll probably just end up going to the library or something." The guards nodded. That was where he usually went. Sean took his phone out and sent a small text to Ada.

"Hey! You up yet?"

Given how strict her dad seemed, he wasn't surprised when he got a quick response, "Hi. Yep. I'm up bright and early every day. You got school today?"

"Same. I do distance learning, so I actually pick my own schedule. I'm ahead in my classes, though."

"Nice!" Ada responded, "If I get some free time, maybe I can hang out with you today?"

"I'd love that!" Sean responded. He was grinning like an idiot. He really liked Ada so far, and she didn't think he was scary with the guards and everything. "I'm gonna be at the library for a while."

. . .

Ada kicked the punching bag with the same super speed that she had done so with every kick and punch she did for the last hour. Each one hit with such force that it made a loud crack through the air. She was damp with sweat, huffing, but she had no intention of stopping her exercise yet. The sound of her phone going off, however, stopped her. She rested a hand against the bag and looked at her phone. It was Sean. She smiled softly and responded to him in kind.

"Hey dad!?" she called out in the house, "What plans do we have today?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Natalie Brenton

Nat could only give a shrug, eyes drifting towards Tracy. "And if you proclaimed you just got resurrected yesterday and then a flaming skeleton threatened to give you a slow and agonizing death shortly after waking up, you'd sound insane. Those in glass houses." Natalie leaned back in her seat, wincing as Tracy used the one trigger to snap Agas into a moment of clarity. If that brat calls me just some damn angel again, I'm snapping her femur. There's a DIFFERENCE! Good to have you back, that's your smelling salts then? Nat crossed her arms across her chest, humming a bit. "Bit more complicated than that. She's not just kin, she's a portion of the Father. When Agas was 'born', it was more so God turning shreds of his vengeful self into spirits personified. So if you think about it, a conversation with the Father and Agas is just talking to yourself." I'm going to kill you for that comparison. No you're not. "And as much as I'd like to say Agas is just crazy...she's quite sound. I would know considering she's in my head with me. She's just...very very spiteful. But a lot's gone on lately, we do need some form of concrete evidence...." Natalie hummed back and forth, tilting her head this way and that. "Alright. Can you do anything? God knows everything...why don't you tell me everything you can about Tracy? Or I don't know, turn her into a cute pygmy goat for a few seconds? Ohhh, or a sugar glider."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Casey Kemp

Casey was situated at the large computer command center set up, burning information about key players into his brain, several screens displaying constant fight scenes from prominent heroes in L.A. This wasn't anything new, it was the same thing anywhere they went. If he wasn't training, he was studying and memorizing. Today's pros seemed to be Kali and Elementa, the male leaning back in his seat with arms folded across his chest. At the sound of his daughter calling out to him, he hit the pause, the chair turning around to look at Ada. "No contracts so far today. If I get one, you'll know as always, just training planned. You lost to the Aphera brat, that's not happening again." He stood up as he started towards the armory to grab his things. "Based off your goofy smile, you're going to see Sean. If I'm not coming with, I should at least make myself busy today. You're not leaving the house without a weapon either. Take a pistol, you know at least sixteen ways to hide one."
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

ada.jpgAda
She blushed lightly, "That obvious, huh?" Ada grinned, brushing her messy, sweaty hair out of her face, "I'll make sure to take a pistol and a couple of knives. Maybe a taser too. I'm not gonna leave yet, though. I wanna get that training done first. That's more important." Ada's focus was still on point. She absolutely wanted to get better so she could beat that Aphera boy next time. She looked back to her phone and messaged Sean that she'd hang out later and that she had to do some stuff first. Ada set her phone away and focused her attention back on the punching bag. She gave another loud crack of a super-speed punch to the bag before she spoke up again, "I have another ten minutes of this."

Another kick, then she continued, "After that can we do that training session? After that, I can take a shower and head out." She needed to take this even more seriously than normal if she wanted to be allowed to keep seeing the boy. She had no doubt that if her progress slipped, she'd be barred from such things. If nothing else, at least it served as some significant motivation.

"Your as young as me I can feel it from your mana!" Was all Unagi could yell before the three blades collided harpy simply covering her ears. As a clash of energies collided the oni narrowed his eyes. "So....it is my defeat" He mumbled as he could see cracks forming in his blade. "To think that eight bannered bastard still lived and his children are now mucking about....How troublesome, I will tell you this now. Do not return home, honor and the ways of the warrior have died over there. Only few left that try to keep it alive." He said before with the pride of an oni, he looked upon the warrior greater in strength. and pushed his blade forward. The steel shattering as without closing his eyes he charged forward. The blade of the samurai and her stand cutting through his flesh, cleaving him in four. "I suppose dying here by the blade of a Hachiman, is preferable to other ways." was the onis last words before the light from his eyes faded and his quadsected corpse fell onto the ground.

"......Well that was overly dramatic. Fucking honor bound onis have to make everything like a damn period drama. We get it. Your honorable warriors and shit."Was all harpy said as she was bored of the fight already. "Well Caroline, were walking now. Orboros gonna take an hour or two to repair. and then maybe another hour to let him cool off because i do not want to hear the angry screams of a new jersey skeleton." She added turning to caroline as Unagi looked up. "Hachiman? Are you.... a gods champion?" Unagi asked looking at the samurai.

milk.jpgTracy, Darren, and Adon
"Tracy, Agas wants you to know there's a big difference between her and other angels," Adon said sweetly, smiling towards Natalie, "Agas is as different from the other angels as an archangel is to them. For one, she is much stronger than your average angel."

"Okay okay. Yeesh. Sorry," Tracy said, holding her hands up, "Alright well... Adon... is it okay if you show off a little?"

"I suppose I can. Though, Natalie, that's a little bit of a misconception. God is said to be a god of knowledge, but God is still... well... a god. They're very powerful and strong and all that, but there is always a bigger fish," Adon said, her form changing back to look human again, "I can do something I suppose. I'm not claiming anything about myself, however. I cannot claim that which I do not know... but I do trust what Agas says."

She looked up at Tracy, then back to Natalie, trying to decide what to do. What could she do? Adon frowned slightly, brow furrowing. Did she even know what all she could do? No... How was she going to "show off"? Hmm...

"Oh! I know!" the thought came to her, and she stood, "Blessing is a God thing, right? I'll try that." Adon moved around the table to Natalie's side and took her hand in her own, one on top, one on bottom. She closed her eyes and within a moment a warm feeling would rush through Natalie. It was the sort of feeling that might make one gasp or cry. Adon started to cry again herself, squeezing Natalie's hand tightly before she slowly let it go.

"Would that be a good showing?" she whispered, smiling softly at the punk-style woman.

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.png
AXIOM

Axiom was making his way downtown, taking in the feeling of relief after the last 3 days of work. He hadn't recalled sleeping at all or eating in that time frame, but it's not like he needed to at those moments. Usually when he was out of the field, his essential needs felt inconsequential. As he made his way down the broadwalk, several pedestrians took notice of him. Some where ecstatic to see him. Their faces brithen up and some even waved and greeted him, which he gladly returned the gesture. It was always nice to make people happy just by being around. it's more than what he usually gets back at base. Though there were some pedestrians who looked at him with indifference or with a hint of skepticism. No doubt because despite being regarded as a hero, he was still an "Empowered". That or it could be his appearance. He wasn't exactly the most handsome man around. Axiom soon finds a cozy little dinner with not very many people in it today, tho he did her what sounded like someone washing dishes in the back kitchen. Axiom sits down in a booth and waits for his order to be taken, looking out the window admring the sunny day.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Black.Saber.full.3100999.jpgAs Axiom relaxed at the diner. A sudden cold flowed into the diner as the temperature dropped by nearly 20 degrees. A silence entering the building as footsteps calmly approached. Each one piercing the ears clear as day before the source of the footsteps had arrived in front of Axioms table, frost appeared on axioms glass as he stood in front of the table. His face calm as ever as his words rung out clearly "Is this seat taken?" Asked Orpheus Alexandros. The frozen King of San Diego and leader of the now named Alexandros private security. Formerly known as the Alexandros Family. He seemed to be alone. But that was probably not true. From the few people in the diner it seemed two looked towards them then mumbled into their collar. Most likely agents of his waiting here. Seems Orpheus had almost pre-arranged this meeting. He was called the king. But very few truly understood the reason for that title. From the very way he carried himself to the air about it. It was as if one was in the presence of a warrior king who has known only war. And too much war at that. If only this was still the day of knights and swords. He may have led an entire country. But in this age of modern politics and technology. A mere city is all he rules over.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Jewel
"Ay. Chrysos?" the woman called, grabbing her bag from her grimoire, "You're healed up enough. Still a little dizzy from blood loss but eh. Fine enough. Come on. We're going out. I gotta start from scratch to show you how to defend yourself properly. Start the fuckin' montage music, because, bud, you're gonna learn some magic today!"

She slammed open the door and windmilled her arm, "Let's gooooo. Gods I have so much crap to show you. Let's hope you don't suck ass."

Jewel practically dragged the poor kid out, especially if he didn't willingly go. It was early as fuck and she got no damned sleep because of his dumb, almost dying ass. So she was a liiiittle grumpy. She headed out and made a portal to a nearby park so they could practice in peace. Once there, she leaned against a nearby tree with her hands in her pockets. "SO. Buddy. You have any clue how to even so much as feel mana?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Chrysos
Chrysos was drinking a protein shake as he idly eyed his conspiracy wall. Glad Jewel hadn't asked any questions about it. It would be a bit annoying to explain, and if he did explain jewel would probably scold him even more. Though he probably deserved it for the fuck up he pulled yesterday, hell even his old tutor Ms. Sasha probably wants to sock his face in right now for that display. But before he could continue to wallow a hand was on his arm.

"huh ehh wait!" he said grabbing a few guns and knives before he was dragged out. Magic? He knew a bit about it from his education but he didnt ever dabble in it. "uhhh. Ive been beat up by magic? does that count as feeling mana?" he asked wondering. "what type will I be learning? those long chants and stuff or the types from video games where you just have to yell a word or something?" he asked a bit excited now "ohh can I enchant my bullets and knives? Now when I throw a knife it could explode in flames or something!" He said excited. Hid dad could use a bit of magic, but that was mostly due to magitek. And his mom was a pure brawler type who would just punch a magician while they were chanting. Probably the only one aside from teach that he knew was decent at magic was the magic captains of the Alexandros Family. Well, that and Sasha.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jewel
Jewel shook her head, “Actually yeah kinda. Getting hit by magic, you will feel the mana. Not exactly the way I’d suggest feeling it but whatevs. Lemme ping Fay and let him know we’re doing this in case he wants to join in. He’s… excitable on the right topics.” She whipped out her phone and sent a quick message to the other student she had before tucking the device away again. “Right. Now then. So that feeling when you get hit with magic. Kinda like… licking a battery but sweet? Yeah focus on that idea. Energy being all zappy and shit. You’re gonna wanna imagine pulling it in like ropes.”

“You’ve fished before, right? Reel it in like a line. Or if that metaphor doesn’t work then… ah… hm… focus on something you really like instead. Like girls. And imagine pulling the girl towards you over and over again. Whatever works for you. You wanna aim for your center of mass and make a ball of mana there. That’s step numero uno. Got it?”

Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Hannya

As both her own blade and the 'Stands' blade cut through the Oni, blood splattered her front and the Hannya mask she wore, leaving quite the fearsome appearance on her. "...I am aware. Find your honor in death, warrior." The spectral samurai warrior behind her shimmered away, the woman sliding her blade into her sheathe as she turned to look towards 42, the sneering mask focused on her. "Just because our age is the same, does not mean you are any less of a weak child. I am no champion, I am but a descendent of His bloodline. Every Samurai serves their master, mine is my ancestor. I am Hachiman Izumi...though you will know me as Hannya while I am on duty. I am no more of a champion than you are, and yet you are even less so. You've proven capable of nothing but capturing a harpy, a skeleton, and a Tengu. You fail Japan, and the name you bear."

Caroline had already started to wander down the road towards their direction, turning around towards Harpy as her name was said. "Huh? Figured you were already on your way. Let's keep moving, I don't got time to stand around all day and watch a swordfight."
Samurai.jpg
be5de95c33d1a56e13b8e60759defc0f.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Casey Kemp

Casey turned to glance at his daughter, face that stern way it tended to rest. "Painfully obvious. Smart choices on the weapons though, and I'm glad you realize what to prioritize right now." He had been planning to head to the armory to grab his gear to be out for the day, but if she wanted her training session, that was fine as well. "Sounds fine. Finish your warm up, then we'll give it a go." He approached her and stopped short of her, arms folded across his chest as he watched her punch at the punching bag. "Adjust your stance, you've slipped again. Widen it, you narrowed up. Fists up a bit more. Don't block your eyes lateral vision, keep it close enough so you can guard your face if you have to."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Addison Miller

This poor kid looked exhausted, he was running himself ragged. He needed a nap, that much was obvious. Blunt trauma to the skull is a sufficient means to ensure an individual will enter a temporary state of rest. Might I suggest doing so if you feel strongly he needs rest? Addison pursed her lips slightly, just because it was the 'most direct' didn't mean it was the right thing to do. Damn A.I working only in numbers. "Mighty kind of you, Mister Fluorite. I know I've caught you on sudden notice, and I apologize for that." Addison entered the surprisingly large room, looking around with a low whistle. She didn't feel a damn thing when Fay worked his magic, lacking any sensitivity to it herself. Outside of her 'friend', she was just a well trained woman. Making her way to the living room aside him she settled into the couch, sitting in classic 'businesswoman' crossed leg fashion, arms folded beneath the chest of her armor. "No no, I can handle lunch. I basically jumped into your household on short notice, it's only fair for you being nice enough to allow me in." She sat in silence as Fay did his little explanation about the council, most of it going over her head. Scarlet Ravens were PMC's, not mages, this wasn't her usual wheelhouse discussion. "Mister Flourite, you'll have to excuse me...I don't know what the hell you said in a lot of respects, outside of you saying that you've got information on extremist orginizations. My concerns lay in identifying the next move this group may make, any targets they may deem important, anything we can use to cut them off at the pass. None of me or the Ravens are mages or magic, so I'm going to miss a lot of that lingo."
07334269a362649fb55a95106f7c7d4e.png

Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Fay D. Fluorite
Time: business?

1628890375148.png He blinked. Of course he was talking in jargon when it came to magick. Of course, he also shouldn't have just assumed that she'd have known the grammar, but then again, tired Fay couldn't be held responsible for Sensible and Well Rested Fay, so he'd have to forgive himself for the slip-up. It was also made apparent that he had surprised her. It made sense, considering his apartment didn't exactly match the building, so there was that, but he didn't get the hint that she suspected he was doing anything associated with Mana while they paced through the halls to his living room. As for the books... Well, it couldn't hurt to mark them before lending them out. From his pocket, Fay produced the putty and muddled it in one hand as he began to charge and "rewrite" the code of mana in the piece. Once it had been charged, the putty glowed a soft blue in his hands, and with a whisper of a breath, a word beneath the wind, he gently pulled a few pieces off, then tacked them to the spines. The putty seemed to melt into the very physical form of the tomes and then disappear before he reached across the table to place them before her.

"Please, the pleasure would be mine to treat you - you're my guest, after all, and Mages take care of their guests.

"Now, The Occard Alliance has been tracked by the Council - the international association of Mages I'm affiliated with who work in the shadows," he started again, clearing his throat after speaking. "These books will have information on their activities until fairly recently, but I have my own theory as to how we should start tracking them.

"Consider the recent resurrections -bringing people back from the dead soul and all," Fay continued. "The first sightings were the top three heroes who went down during the initial OA attack ten years ago. At first, we couldn't really say that it was the OA who had done so - after all, why would they resurrect their biggest threats from that time? But then, of course, we have James; he was a classmate of mine from an Alaskan mage school. He wasn't resurrected anywhere near the location of his death like the Big Three - and the resurrection was obviously targeted somehow, and I don't know why, but for sure they're trying to get to someone through me, if not get to me through James. To start, I think we should be looking at who they're likely to resurrect next, and I don't think we should be overlooking the apprentice heroes, eith-"

Three sharp pings rang from his pocket, followed by a chiming sound which pulled his attention from the current discussion. A quick check showed it was none other than his Mentor, and with an apology, Fay checked the message.... Which was, of course, Jewel inviting him out to help Chrysos - another apprentice under her. Something about teaching him Magick, which was right up his alley, and shot her a quick text.

"If you'd like, you can stop by here. I have equipment to help make his introduction to using mana easier, and I think it'd be better to help him feel how it circulates before we have him do anything in like draw it in himself first. Might be a few minutes, though - meeting with the Scarlet Ravens leader about the Occard Alliance, so I'd really appreciate if you swung by as soon as you can. I'll make sure the wards let you through."

"So sorry about that," came his voice once more as he tucked the phone away. "That was my Mentor. I try to make sure to respond as soon as I can, since she's overseeing me for my training and other things. If you'd like, I'll pass on these books to you, as well as my recent notes under the premise you don't share them with other organizations, and I'd like to get the agreement down in the Council's form of a contract once I have my Mentor go over all this with us. I think that if we can narrow down their pattern of resurrections, since they have to serve some sort of purpose behind their dealings, we might be able to figure out the next location of their larger operations, since it would take a very heavily concentrated amount of energy to just pull off one resurrection."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.pngAXIOM

Axiom turned away from the window to look at the Orpheus as he asked his question. The first thing he noticed was his hair. If he had to describe it, it would be something along the lines of 'bladed wool' or 'sharp snow;. Odd descriptions but they were what came to the mild man's head. "Oh no, sir, I don't mind at all! Please, help yourself." Axiom gestures with a smile to the free seats of his booth. Axiom did find it rather surprising though as he's been to this dinner for the past year or so and no one wanted to sit near him at all. Some did approach him for autograph's though or to ask some questions about other heroes or villains. Other than that, he always assumed his status as a "hero", his height, his looks, or his failures were the main reasons most people avoided him when he was in public.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

7BFEADD6-0399-4BCB-A826-FAE27C25724B.jpegAda
Ada had nothing to say between hits but short “yessir”s of confirmation before she adjusted to fit each of his critiques as they came. By the time she was done with her warmup she was even more coated with a sheen of sweat. It didn’t seem to bother her any, though. Between soft panting breaths she smiled at her father, “You know for a warmup you sure are picky.”

For the moment, thoughts of Sean had completely left her mind. She was eager to train, as per usual. “So whatcha got in mind for me today, dad? You should go tougher mode today! I’m pissed at myself for losing. I don’t mind some harsh bruises if it means I won’t lose next time. So total okay from me to be a little mean.”

Natalie Brenton

Natalie hummed a bit in thought, the idea of 'bigger fish' flying over her head and not even registering with Agas. God was God, God created everything...etc etc. Adon here just admitted that she had a foggy memory, was just trying to fill in the gaps to the best she could. "Blessing?" Natalie's eyes followed Adon as she made her way around the table, eyes going wide at the sudden sensation as every last ounce of air escaped her body. What in Heavens name was that!? Turned you into a... Natalie couldn't even hear Agas her mind was so far gone, though...as Agas was wont to do, you couldn't miss her forever. NATALIE! Yes? What, huh? You were turned into a prophet!? The statement was so far out of left field that Natalie actually vocalized her thought, something she hadn't done in ages. "What do you mean she turned me into a prophet!?" As if on queue to prove her point, a pair of dove wings shot from her back, threatening to knock Adon over. Natalie looked over, eyes wide. "WHAT THE-" SAY WHAT YOU'RE THINKING IN FRONT OF HER, I DARE YOU! "world?"

PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Casey Kemp

"You can't slack, even with warm-ups. You slack in your warm-up, you'll slack in the actual training. I'm not training you to just be good, I'm teaching you to be the best. By the time you're my age, you should be able to kick my ass and then some. And by next week, you'll be able to put that Aphera boy on the ground if he wants a rematch." Casey rolled his shoulders, approaching Ada and dropping into a stance, fists up and shoulders squared. "Dodge as much as you can. We stop when I say we do. Understood? We'll go when you nod." As soon as Ada nodded Casey returned it, offering a simple thought to play off her typical weakness of being caught off guard and distracted to begin. "So, did he ask you out on another date?" Not even a second after he lashed out, fist on a collision course with her solar plexus, a follow up for her ribs.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Goodest Boy

Time: 0815

1629047719876.png
Okay, so maaaaaaaybe he should've told Father Anderson he was out and about in the new suit. I mean, it was his now, since the Church was so nice to give it to him, and he got a rundown of how it worked - which meant he spent literally all day yesterday in it. That had to be good enough, right? Of course, he couldn't check out the cool new swords that came with it since they were locked, and the computer lady in the suit told him he had to do a few things before he could use it, but like.... He was just running around, right? He totally wasn't going to go check out the really cool SCP sighting in the middle of a cul-de-sac surrounded by a bunch of cool people in really cool suits and.... weapons.... and training.... and maybe orders to shoot on sight.

..... Well, crudbuckets, he wasn't exactly making the best decision here, was he? But he had a really cool, brand new suit that was really protective and had all sorts of cool gadgets and stuff that would make using it way easier - maybe he could dodge bullets in it and just swing out of there before he got hurt? Or maybe he could talk them down? Talking was usually the thing that he was really, really good at, and he even stopped robbers by just talking with them before. How hard could it be to talk the issue out instead of fighting?

With the cityscape slowly changing to a more rural district, of course, he wouldn't be swinging around very much at all, given that he wasn't sure he could use the lamp posts anymore thanks to the weight of the suit, but it was hard to remember just how heavy it was since, well, it didn't really act like it. Whoever made this thing made sure that the suit kinda carried itself more than anything, and it was tricky keeping that in mind, but swinging through the city went just fine, which is where another fun little function of the suit came in handy. The moment Xasura made impact with the asphalt, he was sprinting off on rollerblades, but it wasn't anything conventional. These roller blades were meant to withstand really harsh wear-and-tear according to the manual the computer lady - they called her a Virtual Intelligence - was going over.

"Mr. Mikael," came the cool, mother-like tone of the VI. "It is recommended that you not investigate the SCP incident. Please turn back. You have homework to be finished."

"Aw, come on," he retorted with a smile. "It can't be that bad - it's an SCP event! Not only that, but we have what you called a Cloaking System installed, too, so if there's any trouble, we can just activate that and run away! Besides, I've dealt with a spirit before, and she was a nice lady and this is only a bathroom. We'll be fine and back in time for lunch and to finish the homework! Acutally.... Couldn't that just be pulled up on the screen, finished by myself, and emailed to the teacher?"

He'd shelve the conversation for later. The Cul-de-Sac was coming up, and immediately he took off to the left, the rollerblades disengaging so he could cloak and sprint around to the side. This time he was careful to make no sound as he made way around and between houses, keeping far to one side to take a better look at the.... Well.... It was most definitely a bathroom building. The outside of it was like something you'd see in a park, as far as he could tell, and there were only a few officers on hand. It looked like they were just guarding the entrance to the building, which obviously made for some trouble. It'd be difficult even with cloaking to get to the roof of the building and investigate, but having spooked himself before concerning SCP lore and wiki articles, he wasn't exactly sure he'd take a roof entrance into what could just be an enormous monster waiting to eat whoever walked in... but then again, how did they know it was fully stocked?

How did he know they knew?

Well, best not to ask little "troublemakers" like him questions that he wasn't really ready to answer, since he wasn't going to lie.

Slowly, within his cloaked vestige of safety, the WolfSpider stooped to a crouched position, simply watching for the moment from behind a trash can in front of him. Surely something would happen soon... Right?

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Orpheus quietly sat down across from him. "My name is Orpheus Alexandros. you may or may not know me, but either is fine considering your line of work." he said before calmly ordering a black coffee from the waiter. "yesterday, you met my son Chrysos, and saved his life. For this I have come to thank you on behalf of the entire Alexandros family." He said calmly as the air around them had turned quite chilly. "apologies for the cold... It... is a unfortunate side effect of my presence" He said as he received his coffee nice and steaming. But in his hands by the time the cup reached his lips it was only lukewarm at best. As he drank his quickly chilling coffee, he inspected the titan in front of him. Axiom he was called, an unfortunate dog of the government with very little freedom, Orpheus felt reserved at taking up one of his few moments of freedom with this trivial thank you. But one can let good deeds go unthanked. A debt is one that must be honored, no matter who or what the debt is towards. He realized he might be used by the government through this debt, but for the pride and honor of his family, that was simply a necessary cost. By the code he set he had lived, and he was following it through.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

AXIOM

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.png"Oh? I haven't noticed." Axiom chuckles as the armored titan truly didn't notice. Granted, he did feel his face get a little colder than when he came in, though he had just chalked it up to the air conditioning "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir! My name is Axiom. Well, my codename is Axiom. I haven't used my real name in so long I almost forgot I had one." Axiom's smile diminished slightly when he gave it some thought. A reminder of how lonely it's been for the past decade now since the end of 'Gen α'...Having to acknowledge that fact still saddened the man. He refocused his thoughts back to Orpheus "Your son? The one in green and back? I'm honored by your thanks! But you no need to. I did it because it was the right thing to do. He may have been a little over his head but he's still young. I, personally, enjoy the idea of youths being vigilantes or soldiers as most that I've encountered only wore their uniforms for the admiration of the people and the recognition of the masses...That sort of mindset is detrimental to have...If your son is serious about doing this then he'll need to live long enough to learn the difference. And forgive me if by chance if I'm stepping out of line. Afterall this is your son. I just don't want to see the 'heroic' youths of today fall victim to their fantasies of grandeur. Or others to suffer becauseof it..."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
Alkaid

Exhausted. So fucking exhausted. I'd been on the verge of passing out for almost a whole hour now, and I was pretty sure the only reason I wasn't out cold yet was because this body of mine couldn't just shut down from fatigue alone, nevermind that my mind very much wanted to. I had a growing headache and I could feel every cell in my body buzzing under the strain. Deeply unpleasant, but there was little I could do about it.

Stars, I was so tired... I'd spent the night working throughout the city, going from one disaster to another. Someone drowning at sea too far from the coast for the lifeguards to intervene - I was there. A family trapped in their home that just happened to be on fire - I was there, and fuck me but that one had been one bitch to deal with especially since the fireteam forgot to mention it was an electrical fire. Asshats. I nearly died in this one. Some toxic material seeping in the walls inside an office building and poisoning the people - again, I was there. As troublesome as it could be for me at times, I never refused a call when I was needed. Part of being a hero, that. Cynical and sour I may be, but I'd never leave anyone hanging if there were lives to be saved.

I needed to sleep at some point, though, or I'd become a liability instead of an asset. Which was why I was currently walking in the streets trying to find a hotel or something similar, a place I could crash at and rest, because I currently couldn't be assed to take out my phone and call a taxi to go home. Wasn't even sure I even could manage that, all things considered. Unsteady as my hands currently were, I'd probably break my phone trying to grab it.

And there was nowhere in sight... So tired. Absent-mindedly, I pushed the door of the nearest shop, and a gentle tide of warmth and sweet scents washed over me. I blinked, then looked again with eyes wide open. ...Huh. Looked like I'd entered some sort of café, or bakery. Well, it would be nice to sit down and have a warm drink and something to nibble on while I tried to get that phone call done. And... There was a familiar feeling to the mana permeating the air around here. The touch of Hell. Well then. It certainly promised to keep me awake for a little while longer, and I saw no downsides to that.

Taking a seat somewhere I wouldn't be bothered, I stifled a yawn and waited for any staff member to come around.

Alkaid.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

milk.jpgAdon… and I guess the others are there too.
Tracy, thankfully, was stunned quiet, so she didn’t say anything more when the wings appeared. Adon squeaked a little in surprise and backed up so she wasn’t knocked over, but seemed much less stunned by the whole affair.

“That’s an interesting representation,” she commented sweetly, offering a little smile, “I think those wings are beautiful on you. Careful with your balance. Oh! Agas, maybe you can teach her how to fly? It’s great fun. Plus in LA traffic it’s probably a much more efficient way to get somewhere.”

Darren rushed out at the commotion, sliding to a stop in front of their table, “What the… Natalie what did I MISS??”

“She’s a prophet now,” Tracy answered, muttering as she motioned in her direction, “A… a prophet…”

Darren stared at her sister like she had a screw loose before turning his gaze to Adon, “You WHAT?”

Adon winced, “You’re all so loud. I was asked to show a bit of power. This is what I could think of.”

Darren stared for what felt like an eternity before he gave up and sat down with a huff, “Ok. Sure. This is… yeah… Um… food will be out soon, I think. I’m not sure I’m hungry anymore though.”

“Oh I think food would be good. I liked trying oatmeal yesterday,” Adon added helpfully, a little confused, but she had the general spirit. She looked back to Natalie, “You should be able to summon your wings on command. You’ll have to figure that part out between you and Agas, though. I’m not really sure how it’s supposed to all work. Doing that did feel eerily familiar, though, so I suppose that’s good.

Last edited:
ada.jpgAda
"I know, I know," she groaned, "You're like a broken record. I'm gonna be the best in time. I know. I'm working hard."

Oh great, a dodging exercise... Ada was pretty good at dodging thanks to her powers, but it wasn't infallible. As her father knew quite well, she was extremely easily distracted. She nodded to start the lesson, readying herself the same as him. She was surprisingly focused, though, and while his comment did make her blush, she still managed to dodge. In a blur of movement, she tapped his hand away with a side-step.

"You're mean!" she huffed, readying herself again, "And no. He hasn't yet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back