• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
oa member.jpegOA Fight
"Yeah well good luck with that!" the man shouted back, blocking his blow with a hand, only to get rocketed by the force alone into the wall of the cave. He gave a soft groan and pulled himself out of the divot his body made. He pushed off again to move into an attack but was stopped mid-movement by a blinding force. The two demons, despite all their strength and power, were removed with extreme force from the tunnels and deposited above ground, moving faster than the sound barrier, towards the floor.

The tunnels themselves imploded, collapsing with enough force to destroy the entire system near the crater.

Seiva cursed, the whole movement was unexpected, and she wasn't even part of the fight. There wasn't even enough time for her to avoid the approach to the ground, and though it would hardly be enough to kill or even maim her, it'd be... unpleasant.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

slc1aunvh4811.jpg
IVORY

"Ugh! weel th' hell is that guy made oot o'? snot?" Ivory remarks in disgust " 'n' then thir's his creepy attitude. He a'maist reminds me of..." Ivory goes silent for a moment "I ken ah tellt ye cuid sloch him, 'n' ah ken if ye kin anymair, bit if ye wouldn't mynd: Drag oot his suffering...by alot if ye kin guide it..." She growls venomously
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten
"Ugh! Well the hell is that guy made out of? Snot?" Ivory remarks in disgust " And then there's his creepy attitude.He almost reminds me of..." Ivory goes for a moment "I know I told you could eat him, and I know if you can anymore, but if you wouldn't mind: Drag out his suffering...By Alot if you can manage it..." She growls venomously

Melita and War

"I never implied you were weak, just that I'd avoid turning your bones into jelly." She watched him grow ever excited about his upcoming date, tilting her head a bit. "I will never understand what is with you and Death wanting these 'relations'. I think it's less she's domineering and that you roll over and show your belly quite easily, pup. Hmm...Agas?" She paused for a minute in thought, glancing at Death. "If memory serves, isn't that one of Yahweh's pet projects? She's levelled more than a few of my battlefields. Not that I mind, just jogging my own memory." Her attention lazily drifted back to Chutes, patting him once more before withdrawing her hand. "Ask Death for suggestions, she seems to enjoy people watching. As for sparring, feel free to lead on, any battlefield is fine with me."

Melita gave a polite bow to Chutes, her List suddenly poofing once again. "You have my thanks, Chutes. I will prepare and then handle this appropriately. As well as the...rogue reaper, should I find him." Without further ado her door opened right behind her, the woman floating backwards into it and disappearing, leaving just two concepts and Chutes...though it was very likely War and Death would be leaving for their own things shortly, War for her sparring and Death for...whatever it is she did.
0d72a41d46c50926dd6d10b114b1c610.png
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

kite.jpgOscar and Kite
"Hah. 300. This benefits your kid, too. Anyway follow me," he said, stretching as he walked outside, holding the door open for the merc, "I'll leave it up to you and just consider it part of their training for the day. Just don't maim them or kill them, obviously. Try not to break any bones. No comas. That sort of stuff. Bruises are more than fine. So are scrapes and cuts."

Kite was clearly having a lot of fun and was partway up a tree along with a couple of other kids. Their ages varied from older teens to younger than ten, but they all seemed to be having some fun. The oldest, a boy in a hoodie with his arms folded and short dark blue hair, had a smile on his face. He was clearly watching them to make sure they didn't do something stupid. The "adult" of the group. That kid saw them approaching first and perked up, waving at Oscar.

"Hey David," Oscar said, smiling softly.

"Heya Uncle David. Who's the... uh... gonna guess a workaholic?" the teen said, grinning at Tactician, "We like your kid. She's fun."

"You're always quick to pick up what's going on," he said, patting him on the shoulder, "We're gonna do a little training session. This guy's a professional. I wanna give you lot a challenge. You kids like challenges, right? I want you guys to try to beat whatever challenge he gives you in this little session."

David gave a low whistle and glanced back at the other kids, whose attention had now been gathered. Kite was hopping down from the tree. The kid looked at Tactician without fear, "You're a merc, right? Fun. You give off merc vibes. Your kid's also really strong. So what kind of challenge you got in mind? I look forward to beating it."

All told, there were 12 kids, including Kite. The oldest, David, was 16. The youngest, Laila, was only seven and was staring at Tactician's armor with big eyes. Kite jogged up next to her dad, "Sorry I got pulled away. What are we doing now??"

Azroch

"Doesn't look like I need luck, little bug." He cracked his knuckles as he prepared for another blow he was suddenly shunted from the tunnels high in the air, falling to the ground. "WHAT!?" he roared in rage, his fight come to a sudden halt as something was powerful enough to dispose him from the fight and collapse the tunnels. Like a bag of bricks he fell to the earth, crashing into it and causing cracks in the ground, slowly standing up, eyes a brilliant red with rage. "Who the hell did that!? I'll choke them with their own-" He fell silent, the glow leaving his eyes as he looked over to Sieva. "Someone just intruded on my personal territory. This was a pleasant visit, but more important matters call. Punch your general for me, if you could." The demon lord glowered in the direction of where their fight had been originally, only to suddenly pop out of existence, leaving embers in his wake as he went off to turn some dumbass into tomato soup.
DSk4H7BVwAAcA-8

Deathkitten Deathkitten

magnus.jpgMagnus
"Yeah yeah yeah," he grumbled, "Well you know how to manage something like that if things go really south. Just make sure if I did get controlled to get me back under control really quick. I'm not exactly weak, after all. I'd hate to hurt you. And yes. Better. You couldn't be less girly, kicking that around." Magnus disappeared from conventional senses, going incorporeal to look for any necromantic trails. Surprisingly, there was nothing.

"Nothing here. Either the things walked a long distance, or more likely, they were dropped off here to throw anyone off the trail. I barely see even a hint of energy, and nothing going off into the distance. They weren't actively controlled, so it's more likely it was a raise and release sort of gig. We'll have to wait for more to pop up to try to triangulate it," he sighed, looking off into the distance, "Now that I'm looking though, I think something's going on at the main church. Maybe we should check in with Anderson?"

Sorrow

"Slimeball." It was as much an insult as it was an answer to Ivory's query about what the hell he was, the Symbiote focusing on her opponent. "Shouldn't bite off more than you can chew, freak." Her hand raised up towards him, the arm suddenly extending as the palm pressed right at his forehead to hold onto him, the other reaching for an axe. Provided she could grab a hold of it, her 'skin' would quickly start to encompass it, quickly adding it to her 'assortment' of weapons she had integrated, the palm of her other hand beginning to apply a disintegrative touch. I'm not keen on being eaten for once, I'm keen on dishing out some punishment though. Don't know how long it'd take to actually start disintegrating a slime though...wonder if he might be a Zolga.
d647b87-092ec886-adcd-4c69-b412-b2e0f6c81ff9.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Tactician

"Easy enough to do. Deal." Oscar had left a lot of wiggle room for him, shame for the kids. Following the Aphera outside, he glanced around at the assortment of kids, stifling a sigh. So many runts with way too carefree attitudes. His attention fell on 'David', focusing on him for a few moments, then back to Oscar. "Your family has a bad habit of being buddy-buddy with people they shouldn't. Might explain why heroes have short life expectancies." His attention drifted back to David, eyes darting to Kite for but a moment. "We're going to have a spar. One at a time, I'm not taking breaks in between. Sort it out yourselves who goes when, see if you can pin me." He nodded towards Kite, arms still crossed across his chest. "You talk with the Aphera. He gave an agreement with me, find yours." He was half tempted to spar with Kite as the final session, but decided against it. If that was the contract she made he'd do it, but she needed to be tested to see if she remembered her lessons on not working for free. "Now, who's up first?"
ed2c9c4d165ff4914d65a4a1a01168b7.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Blessed Death

"My dear Magnus, have some faith in me. I'm not going to let you be anyone's puppet." She frowned a bit, shaking her head in an exasperated fashion. "I am not 'girly' to begin with. I am a woman and a lady first and foremost." Says the woman who was just playing keep up with a severed head, but that was beside the point. She looked around as Magnus did the same, hands folded behind her back in thought. "A simple horde of undead to frighten and hopefully cause some casualties and mayhem then? Disgusting. We'll keep our ears to the ground then..." She turned her attention towards the church, giving a small nod as she started that way. "Then let's be off then, shall we? Shouldn't leave Father Anderson waiting if somethings going on. Do remember to keep your nonexistent hormones in check while we're there, no staring at the sisters, yes?"
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

Jesus, it was already the evening? How long had he been in that damned hospital? Fingers drummed on the steering wheel as he glanced over at Dunnie and then back to the road. "We have one more stop for the day, and then we can head home. You doing alright?" Trying to get help from Chutes...that was probably going to be a hard one to pull off. But he just had to ask to speak to Life itself, so maybe it was like a game show and he could just 'phone a friend?'. It'd been raining all day, not like the storm from yesterday though. The purple shelby coming to a stop as he turned the car off, stepping out and walking over to the side door to open it up for Dunnie. "Stay by me, alright?" Taking her hand she led her into the library, offering a small knock at the door as he did so. "Hello? Chutes, you in?"
13-classic-recreations-gt500cr-purple.png
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Morgan Adler

Morgan watched Cyri work silently, arms folded behind her back and expression neutral, her eyebrow raising just a bit at the mention of Unagi. "Ah yes, the forty-second individual to wield the name. Unfortunate about her Master. I'll have to keep an eye on that myself, I suspect. As for the O.A, this isn't something I can ignore. They pose a direct opposition to my goals if left unchecked." As she went on to explain about the giant robot she heaved a small sigh, shaking her head. "Of course it would be Sherm Tristan...don't worry, I'm keeping tabs on her as well, my friend." Her eyes darted to the side at the sound of the buzzing, watching the collection of files and documents be whisked in by her entomological horde giving a soft hum in thought. "Thank you, Dietrich." Taking files that her loyal companion handed over to her she started to sort through them, eyes scanning the pages. Informants, contacts, sympathizers, maps and tunnels, even routes of usage. "This is perfect, thank you, girls." Flipping the unassuming flip phone from her pocket, starting to type at it in silence. There was going to be headline over this, she felt certain of it, but it'd have to be done. "I wish we could stay, Cyri, but I have further obligations this evening. I'll be sure to drop by again soon to visit you and your sister."
latest

Kyrenka Kyrenka ] Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
chutes.pngChutes
He was reeeeeally lucky he could heal himself from practically nothing. Why did he sometimes forget how much sparring with War was just a one-sided slugfest? Ugh. Still... it made him feel a little better. He wasn't as angry and huffy anymore. Chutes sighed and slid down the end of a bookcase, cupping his face in his hands.

Dunnie didn't need to be told twice to stick to Adam. She was still spooked and upset, quiet the whole ride. She only nodded when he asked if she was ok. She... wasn't so sure about where they were going, either. It felt dauntingly powerful the closer they got. She tucked herself behind Adam, lightly clinging to his jacket.

Chutes groaned when he heard Adam's voice. The door swung open for him, though Chutes didn't even move from his spot. He just turned to look at Adam and Dunnie, resting his arms on his knees, "Hi, Adam. And... hello, interesting little one."

He groaned loudly, resting his head back and looking forward again, "Today's been... busy. War and Death were here earlier. So was a reaper. And I have a kid I'm looking after now for a girl I didn't even know before who guilt-tripped me into it. And I'm gonna go on a date with her! Gods my day's been a mess. And now... whatever you want." Chutes slowly stood back up, brushing himself and his tail off, "Hey half-pint, want some lemonade?"

Dunnie nodded, and he materialized some for the three of them in cups with ice, "Here ya go. Now then... what's up Adam? OH. And when you see Nyar next, could you freaking punch him for me?? He's an ass and totally crossed a line earlier."

Detective Marshall

"Good evening, Chutes. You look like you're nursing one hell of a hang-over, sir." It wasn't unusual for Adam to use 'sir' and 'miss', especially with civilians. And though Chutes sure as hell wasn't just 'some civilian', he had no official place as a hero, police, or military making him one by technicality. Pulling out a cigarette and placing it between his lips, it was promptly lit as he took a drag, letting out a slow huff of smoke. Adam wasn't an addict just for the sole reason he couldn't get addicted, for him it was all about aesthetics. Some of his favorite old-time heroes the black and white cowboys, detectives, and generals in films who were never seen without a smoke of some kind. Feeling Dunnie clinging closely to him he reached down, offering her a gentle pat on the back between her shoulders to comfort her. She'd had such a garbage day, she'd need a break. Poor kid.

Adam raised an eyebrow in question, a soft 'interesting' escaping him. He'd never met a Concept or Horsemen, but there was the occasional passing comment between contacts about them. He'd never outright asked to speak with any of them, so he wasn't sure how the hell this was going to go. He felt like he was going to get a polite 'no' out of fear his mind was going to melt or his flesh would melt off, but he had to at least try. "Sound like you've been busy Chutes. Sorry I'm bothering, I try to stay out of your hair. I know you prefer the privacy, and I want to think I'm not asking for too much." He glanced down at the lemonade that just spawned into his hand, holding onto it as he continued. "I need to speak with Life. Spoke with Daoloth today, Render of Veils said she was the one responsible for resurrecting the three crater heroes. I'm working a lead on this for the O.A case, but you're the only person I have I can ask. As for Nyarlathotep? I'll punch him for all the good it'll do, but it'd make me feel better to so I'm happy to oblige." Pulling the smoke from his lips and blowing a cloud, he raised the cup of lemonade to his lips and downed it in one go, having gone almost the entire day without anything to drink given he was stuck fighting the cult.
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Chutes
Chutes stared at Adam after he made his request for a long while. He sighed, grumbled, flattened his ears, then seemed to give up. He shrugged, “Yeah. Ok. Come with me.”

He was rubbing the bridge of his nose as he walked to another room that looked like a sort of general media room. “Not really a hangover,” he explained, “I sparred with War. She won, of course, but I just wanted to get rid of my bad mood so it worked. It diiiid mean I had to heal myself a bunch though. I guess that counts for a hangover? Thirsty much, bud?” Chutes sat on a table in the room and gave Adam a small smile of appreciation, his lemonade filling itself again, “You really need to take better care of yourself. Thank you… by the way. Thank you for asking nicely and knocking and just generally being polite. It’s really appreciated.”

“Right!” He clapped once, making Dunnie just about jump out of her skin, “So. Lady Life. She prefers to be called Gaia by most humans. Interesting that she resurrected some people… I wonder what she has planned… and how that is gonna tie into what Lady Death’s doing. Hm. So she did the deed but why does that make you wanna talk to her?”

Detective Marshall

He gave a nod, following after Chutes silently, a trail of smoke left behind him with intermittent puffs. "No disrespect, Chutes, but I feel like fighting the concept of War itself is asking to have a one-sided fight. War's just a fancy term for conflict, isn't it? And by it's very nature, the universe itself is in constant conflict. So if that line of reasoning tracks, you'd be getting cold clocked by something that's been around longer than anything. Besides maybe my contacts but...frankly, not entirely sure they count or where they fall in the universe. Even Lovecraft didn't know, he just knew they were beyond mortal and universal understanding." A bit philosophical perhaps for an average detective, but Adam was far from average. "Yea, completely dehydrated more than likely. Spent the entire day in a cult-filled hospital being shot at, not much of a chance to stop to drink." No sooner had the lemonade refilled itself did he down it once again, repeating the process if the cup refilled itself a third time. "It could be worse. I mean, I did get shot last night in the shoulder, but beyond that and a little dehydration, I'm fine. And you're welcome, obviously. Catch more flies with honey than vinegar, sir."

He glanced over at Dunnie as she jumped, offering her a polite pat on the back again. "I'm working a personal lead. The O.A has been heading the resurrections, but as far as I know Concepts don't actively interfere. And resurrecting not one but three people who've been dead for a decade is pretty active interference. I'd like to know why she resurrected three people, and why those three in specific...What's Death doing, now that you bring that up?"
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

NEWS UPDATE

4lvjlnogp4d51.pngAs the broadcast started the seat for the regular news broadcaster was empty. Only for a few seconds before a blonde man walked on screen and promptly kicked the desk over. Sitting in the chair and kicking his feet up on to the now overturned desk. Adjusting his sunglasses he looked at the camera and smirked "Good Morning my bitches and bros and all you beautiful Nonbinary Hoes. Im Johnny studwell. And thanks to some day old sushi. Our regular reporter is currently on her knees in the bathroom throwing up into a toilet. So instead everyone's favorite man alive and seven time winner of sexiest SCP around Johnny Studwell will be giving todays report. Lets get it started. Femboy at the computer. Roll the first slide!" He said spinning in the chair as the Screen changed to show the now cordoned off section of the city. "Yesterday a part of LA Was cordoned off because some idiot decided it would be good to flood it with necrotic Miasma. Which is currently causing more undead to flood to that part of the city then Texans flood to a Gunshow BBQ, already zombies were found on 5th street before getting capped. The White mage and cleric subdivisions of public security on slowly working on maintaining and keeping it contained but we really have no fucking idea what's gonna happen with it. Maybe World War Z. Maybe not. who the fuck cares NEXT SLIDE FEMBOY!" He shouted "We also found some OA stuff but really I could makeup anything right now about em and you'd believe me because of how little information we have on this current case. All we do know is the officer who found it is currently in therapy. Send your prayers to him or just pay your taxes because that's our lawyers paychecks. But who cares about then when it's time for everyone's favorite Bi-weekly game. Say it with me now folks! WHO DID ORPHEUS SLAUGHTER TODAY. That's right folks everyone's favorite King of San Diego has committed his usual slaughter fest. Get your telephones ready to dial in that number for your chance to win this cool sword I found on the street last night. Today's options are.... A. Drug ring. B. Slave ring. C. Magitek weaponry or D. Hackers. Call in now while we go to our regularly scheduled commercial break bitches!"

"Hi. Here in LA we understand that insurance is hard to come by. I mean. we're vampires and most of us are old enough to be your grandfather at least. That's why we at Nosferatu insurance are dedicated to sucking the most money out of you while giving you just enough benefits for you to be okay with it. We have every type of insurance you can imagine. Robot, monster, magical girl, explosions, swordsmen, being used as a weapon. We promise you if it can happen in LA we cover it. Nosferatu insurance. Be thankful we suck out your money instead of your blood~"

"Great insurance company. Once fucked their CEOs wife and now I have a bounty on my head. Anyway next segment. We have the whole cruise ship fiasco were thanks to some dude, his sexdoll and Cthuhlus probable cousin the ship was saved only for a giant space snake half the size of the snake in my pants to crash into the nearby waters. What happened to it? We don't fucking know but it's gone now so who cares! Ya know what we should care about. Blinking blade, seems they sent out an SOS and were found dead. Fucking shame really. We have our cities finest investigating it as we speak. But onto some good news. The villain Spear was apprehended after his attack on the law firm. Injuries include a few lawyers and some blond bitch who got his shit kicked in by spear! oh... wait. Got an update and it seems spear has escaped. GG go fuck yourself clown. Final news today is the weather with my depressed sister Veronica. Veronica how's the weather!"

e6bc9a67a8afdc1498dcead360a036fb.jpgThe screen switched to a dark dreary woman who seemed to be in mourning clothes or some type of arcane garb. "Clouds." Was all she said before Johnny shouted "Nice. Anything else sis!" The woman just looking around before shrugging. "windy." And it faded back to Johnny Studwell. "Thanks sis. Thats the Weather. Im Johnny studwell and now I'm off to go bang your mom dad or both at the same time. See ya around!" He said said standing up and running away glass shattering as security guards ran past the camera. The broadcast ending.

Hachiman Izumi

"We are now thirty minutes from L.A, please secure any and all possessions while we complete our trip. We hope everyone has enjoyed the ride. Please leave the cabin bedrooms as you found them, and leave no garbage behind. Thank you!" The young woman sat in a kneeling position in the center of her room, dutifully cleaning the daito blade in silence, at a relative feeling of peace for the time being. She was growing irritable, the train ride was long and far from exciting, it lacked adequate space for her to practice or do much of anything, though at least the bed was nice. A large suitcase sat nearby containing her armor, mempo, fans and banners, her swords never outside of her reach. In the corner of the room, tucked near her closet that was provided in the room, was her Naginata and the Yumi bow with its quiver of meter long arrows. Beyond that and some toiletries, her travel load was light, a few spare kimono's and clothes, but nothing exciting to speak of.

Standing upright to adjust the tabi and zori at her feet, straightening up just in time as a shriek filled the air, followed by three gunshots. Her attention darted straight to the door, several more gunshots cutting the sound of the train, the loudspeaker coming on again. "Are you sure he's dead?... He's twitching, shoot him again. BLAM There, now he's dead. Alright, now that the conductor's dead, this train is under new management. By now, there's probably about...oh, thirteen of you dead? BLAM, BLAM Alright, my bad, fifteen. Train security is really shit at checking new borders I guess, you let...all of us on. You're fucking morons. Anyways, here's what's going to happen. I've got some of the boys coming around. If this train doesn't offer up ten grand by the time we reach L.A, we're just going to start stacking bodies until the demands are met. You've got thirty minutes."

Izumi's jaw worked silently, glancing towards the suitcase that held her armor. She didn't have the time she'd need to wear it, she'd be going unarmored. Sloppy work from train security in America, why was she not surprised? Standing upright and grabbing the Daisho set she fixed it to her hips, exiting her bedroom and glancing around the hall, catching the sight of one of the thugs responsible for the commotion, a large male with what looked like some form of semi-automatic rifle which was quickly aimed at her. "Hey hey, you. Put the swords back in whatever fucking display case you got them out of. Or are you looking to pawn them off to pay us? I'd say that's an easy five hundred a piece at least...smart girl."

A hand rested at the longer blade, the woman giving an icy glare towards the thug as she slowly walked towards him. "One chance. Drop the gun, and you'll live. I don't ask twice." "Aw aren't you cute. If you want to be a wannabee hero I'll just take the swords off your co-" The man was cut off, eyes widening as a scream escaped him. In one smooth motion, the samurai had drawn her blade from its sheathe, carving through his gun into pieces and then removing his hand for good measure...followed by the first joint at the elbow, and then the second at the shoulder. "You were given your chance." The male could only back away in shocked terror, eyes wide as he clutched at the stump, the blade piercing through his chest and into his heart, the blade pulled back. "Man what the fuck was that!?"

Two more thugs made their way into the train car, civilians watching with fascinated shock and horror from their rooms, Izumi glancing towards a young girl that lay dead from a few gunshots from the first man he had dispatched. She leveled her blade at the opposition in open defiance, the men quickly radio'ing the situation. "So be it. You all have chosen how you die today then. I hope your greed was worth your demise." She kept her blade level before quickly rushing forward, cleaving through the first man before he had a chance to respond, delivering a swift kick to the knee of the second and earning a pained scream and the shattering sound of bone, the blade brought up through the chin and out his head, both dropping dead as she flicked her sword to clean it of the blood.

"Would you dipshits just SHOOT THE BITCH!?" She turned around to glance towards the first car she had been in, the door open for the thugs to take a position. "How many of you even snuck on..." The only answer she was offered was a hail of bullets heading her way, Izumi taking a deep breath as she held her sword in front of her for but a moment, only to disappear...and re-appear on the ceiling for but a moment, and then right behind the men, her sword at her side as if she had just delivered a cleaving cut. "Kumo shikōshō..." (Spider Bite). The men swung around on her, only to tumble to pieces like a poorly constructed lego set, blood pooling at her feet as she started forward towards the front of the train.

There were so many of these damn thugs, they were more numerous than a true problem, though at one point a duo had the dishonor to take a mother and child hostage. "Put. The sword. Away. Do it, I swear to god we'll kill them!" Izumi paused, glancing at the sobbing child before slowly nodding, her blade going into the sheathe, her hand never leaving it. "A foolish request for you to make of me..." "Dumbass, shoot her." "No ue Gashadokuro!" (Hunger of Gashadokuro). No sooner had the two thugs drew their weapons from the heads of the women to point at the samurai was her blade drawn, quickly cut right in front of her though she made no further movement towards the men, their eyes widening as a gurgling sound escaped them, their grips loosening enough for the girls to escape...just as a large gash at the throat could be seen for the men, their heads suddenly falling away as if they had been bitten clean off, a fountain of crimson painting the ground, Izumi reaching out to grab the younger girl and force her to face her. "Do not look. You are safe now. Go with your mother, and stay in a cabin."

By the time she reached the front of the train the gang leader had his gun leveled at the door, quickly opening fire on her as soon as she could be seen through the window of the door, causing her to duck behind the wall to avoid being shot. Spinning around to face the wall and the opponent right behind it she leveled her blade, pointing it towards the wall with a hand at the base. "Now...Hōnettopiasu!" (Hornet Pierce.) Thrusting her sword forward a wet gurgle could be heard from within the room, the thugs heart stabbed without ever truly meeting a blade, the woman entering the conductor train to gently move him aside to access the speaker. "Greetings. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused many of you, this train was meant to be a pleasant trip for many of you. The threat has been remedied. If any of you can bring a train to a stop, I politely request you make your way to the front of the train, and any of you skilled with medicine to treat any of the wounded passengers...If you are of a weak stomach, do not leave your cabins, wait for us to finally stop so you may be escorted out."

Certainly not how she thought she'd be entering L.A...but she had been wanting something to do. If only it hadn't put the defenseless in harm's way. By the time they were scheduled to dock, a few doctors on the train had begun to treat wounded civilians, Izumi collecting her things and disembarking as they landed at the train station, walking away from the train as if everything that had just happened was perfectly routine...she had to visit a hero agency and update her credentials while she was working in L.A. She'd have flown but...she didn't like being separated from her weapons, and the trains were a lot less picky about it. Who openly carries a weapon onto a plane, truly?
Konachan.com_-_249935_bicolored_eyes_chain_gloves_jurrig_katana_original_sword_tattoo_watermark_weap.jpg

Chrysos Groaned as he drank a juice box that was labelled "blood supplements!" with a little cute vampire on the cover. Healing magic could fix wounds. but it sure as hell didn't get rid of fatigue or help with blood loss. Watching the news he just stared blankly sighing. "I hate when Johnny does the news.... He called me a bitch" He somewhat complained as he got up. and looked at his blood stained clothes. He just threw his shirt and jacket into a laundry bin both making a large metallic thud from the amount of hidden weapons in the clothes. Not bothering to clean up the dried blood he just went to grab a new set of clothes and throw them on. "Ms. Jewel I only really have rations and instameals so if you want something to eat just use doordash or something" He yelled out to wherever Jewel was in the bunker of his house.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jewel
Jewel sighed, “No need to shout.” She was still at the couch. Had been there most of the night. “He calls everyone a bitch, in case you didn’t notice. It’s kinda a hallmark of him,” she grumbled, “Believe me, I’ve been on the receiving end of such insults more than a few times.”

She was fiddling with something magical in her hands, a talisman of some sort, and looked annoyed with it. “Chrysos why don’t you have real food in the house?” She asked, glancing up from her work in his general direction, “I’ll order. I have a guy I always order from. Whatcha want?”

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

"if you must Know teach. This is less of a house and more of a bunker the alexandros Family uses as a base when in LA. I just kinda moved in and made it mine when I came to LA. We barely use it anyway so nobody cared. And for food. Anything fulfilling. Steak sounds nice. it has blood... Blood is good." It was obvious he was still exhausted as he took a ration bar out of a small crate and ate it walking over and sitting on the futon couch again. "So what's that magic thing. Explosive? Magic wiretap? good luck charm?" he asked as he changed channels to something other then the news. Casually glancing over to the large corkboard with papers and maps pinned to it with various strings. It honestly looked like a conspiracy theorists project. It had a large map of San Diego and what looked like a recent addition of a map of LA with red circles drawn on it. Chrysos just shook his head and went back to TV. Watching Devils kitchen. It was like hells kitchen. Except You had to personally hunt and prepare the meat yourself. "This show is pretty fun to watch. But I always wonder why they have to skin it on sight and cant just bring the corpse back to the safe area...."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

milk human.pngAdon
"Mary?" she said, gently touching her new friend's arm to wake her, "I am going to leave to meet someone for breakfast. I will be cautious. As it is Monday, I imagine you have class today. I'll try not to bother you. Try not to worry about me. You've been very kind to me, despite not knowing me. I appreciate that more than words can say. I will try to be back before dark, so you don't worry more."

With that, she left, not using the door but rather appearing outside of it. She still felt... confused. That feeling wasn't much better, but the fear that went with confusion was lessened by her new friend's kindness.

She knew where she was heading, a cafe of Natalie's choosing. Whoever Adon was, she did seem to know quite a lot of things. A shame, she thought, since she didn't know much about herself. There was also a consideration, as she walked, to whether or not to stick with this form she had chosen, or the one she had before this. Mary seemed much more at ease with this form, however, so that was a good a sign as any to stick with it.

Given the time of day, there weren't many people at the cafe, aside from the breakfast crowd... and Adon was also a bit early. Oh well... better early than late, right? She took a seat at a table outside and watched people pass by to pass the time.

Natalie Brenton and briefly Mary Moon

Mary gave a low yawn, snuggling further into her blankets with her back turned to Adon. "mmmk...be safe, I'll see you later." Her voice was a soft incoherent mumble as she was practically still deep in slumber...though no sooner did Adon leave did Mary's eyes flash open. "It's monday!" She forgot to set her alarm! Crap crap crap! Practically flying out of bed, the short speedster grabbed her folded clothes for the day and disappeared into the bathroom for her routinely cold shower.

-------------

"So again. I have no clue who we're running into today, so if you two can be wary we'll be fine. They knew a lot more than I'm comfortable with. But we're also picking up brunch while we're here so you know...enjoy brunch. Actually got recommended the place, supposedly only cafe in L.A that rivals uh...shit, what's it called? 'Devils Tail Bakery' or something?... Whatever, I hear it's good, that's the important thing."

The cab came to a halt outside of the cafe, a humble little place that basically screamed 'welcome to your grandparents', large wooden checkerboard tables outside on a patio with a 'Fallen Soldier' table in the center, a collection of Americana and 'golden age' pictures lining the walls on the inside, from classic comics with signatures that had been framed to black and white military photo's to hallmark staples of the U.S, evenly mingled in with the sort of interior that would remind you of your grandparent's house like a jar of hard candy at the front counter inside and a radio that might be older than the owner himself standing jukebox fashion to the side of the interior. In the window to the cafe was a bald eagle with a rifle in one hand...and a cinnamon bun in the other, a banner beneath that said 'Welcome to Corps Cafe'.

Nat looked outside the window, giving a slow whistle. "Well that's...violently american mom and pop...kind of nice actually." Sliding out of the cab and looking around at the empty cafe patio's she caught sight of the only girl there, her head going...uncomfortably calm. Agas was always vying for a degree of control, always whispering hateful things about anything she looked at...but here she was going absolutely fucking silent and hands off. "Uh...kids? Agas just got quiet."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Caroline Dawson

Caroline's eyes slowly opened up as she sat urpight in the hotel bed, rubbing her eyes with a yawn. Shit, yesterday was...interesting. Rolling out of bed to collect some clothes for the day and taking a scalding hot shower she studied herself in the mirror after, brushing her hair slowly as she studied her face. "I have to take some kid to get a hero license for the states...then have to do some work. Hopefully she doesn't get herself killed." She grabbed a locket off the sink top, glancing at the old grainy color photograph of an older male next to a woman who looked distinctly like her, and a young redhead between the two. "Well pop, another day to go...wonder how ma is." Flipping the locket closed and sliding her jacket on she made her way out of the hotel and into the street...only to see a familiar old fashioned car...and a pile of unconcious goons.
Jn3.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

The Cuties
Adon gave a soft smile when she saw the three of them approach. She didn’t wave, but her head tilted an inch to the side, her eyes… sad. She knew Agas, and she knew that, but… it didn’t seem that meeting was going to be much of a help just on sight alone. Perhaps she was too hopeful for such a thing.

Darren was freaked out that Agas went silent mode, but trying not to show it as they made their way to the cafe. Tracy on the other hand was just confused, “Well for one, IM NOT A KID. And for two, so? Does she not do that? Is she constantly a noise maker or something?”

Darren chimed in for explanation, “Uh… as far as I know, yes. Agas constantly has a bone to pick. So her being quiet is… concerning.” He waved at the girl, “She’s kinda adorable. Looks around my age, too.”

“Scoping out a potential date?” Tracy teased.

“Totally,” he rolled his eyes, “With the random woman we don’t know who apparently knows too much for comfort.”

Adon stood when they got close enough, fidgeting with her hands, “Hello, Natalie, Agas, Darren, and Tracy. It’s um… nice to meet you. Most of you. I feel I know Agas already. I’m sorry for the awkward meeting. I… I don’t know. I felt it important. It seems my memories are a bit awry.”

Most notable about her from Nat’s point of view would have been her soul. It felt like no other. It wasn’t a clean or not clean sort of deal. There was no way to describe it but… well… holy.

@ManyRoles

Tengu3.JPG.jpgAs Caroline approached the car. Tengu was quietly sitting on top of it. "ahh. Greetings Lady Caroline. Mistress Unagi is currently asleep still." he said soundlessly getting off the car, Kicking one of the goons out of the way. "Please do not mind them. They are simply trash on the street who tried to assault a sleeping maiden. So I simply beat them up." The tengu said straightforward while giving a bow to Caroline. Then opened the car door. The sigh inside being Unagi happily sleeping on the back seat of the car. Using harpy and her wings as a blanket. Harpy just having a deadpan face as if this was a common occurrence. In truth. Unagi only brought cash with her so when she went to get a hotel she forget she only had yen on her. Instead of going and getting it exchanged she simply decided to sleep in her car for the night. Yawning and waking up she looked at aroline before her eyes went wide "M-miss Caroline! what are you doing here!?" as she tried to fix her hair and put her hat on. Flustered that she was found so defenseless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back