• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Superhero college sucks; and here's why

Lir_the_witch

Lir the Forest Prince
Roleplay Type(s)
The past week has been a nightmare let's start off with that. Tuesday was normal, get up, get ready for school, look at your phone to see if there's any superhero hold ups on your normal way to college, see it's clear and grab some public transportation. Milo however did not account for the fact he was going to save a kid from getting hit by a bus like some isekai protag and cause city wide power outage. That was not in the deck of cards Milo had that morning but he does now!!!! The mandatory doctors visit with his two Dads for medical history stuff after was also a whole thing.

You ever just find out that your brothers and your surrogate mom was like a super important hero that just kinda vanished one day? no? Milo has, to be fair neither of his Dads knew, that kinda showed up in some genetic testing shit to figure out what his power was, turns out he's had his power since at least puberty? in his teen years and he doesn't just have insomnia like his Bio Dad. He does need glasses to see far away so, thanks Dad, that's.... amazing. Not to drag on Dad, Milo fucking loves his Dad.

Oh another thing, Milo is running 5 minutes late to his first hero class of the day and is, sprinting, he still has 0 idea how to activate his powers so no super boost today folks, all long legged scrawny tech guy muscle today, heh. Uh, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that Milo nearly eats shit on some carpet stairs and almost falls when he skids on the floor in front of the class room he should have been in, 5 minutes ago. Milo opens the large wooden door slowly, it's an auditorium style room, Milo is pretty sure he can sneak in when-

"Mr. Sinatra, I know that things have been a bit hectic for you but can you please be on time for class tomorrow?" Milo raised his shoulders at the loud voice, he was holding his breath and let out a sigh, nodding and taking the nearest seat with a plop, the professor, and yes an actual professor, Prof. Willard, He teaches Hero law and history.

[ LivelyDeath LivelyDeath ]

Jay had come from a long line of heroes, minus one villain, and he had been told all his life that he was supposed to join in on the family business. Especially after his powers had presented at the age of seven when he set his tree house on fire with himself in it. That had been an interesting experience that had scared him, but he had learned quickly how to not let that happen again.

Having gotten his powers so early and gotten control of them fairly quickly, left him fairly cocky. He would admit that, but he knew that he was good and very powerful. Was being cocky about that such a bad thing? He didn't think so because he was just good.

Part of joining the hero business meant that he had to learn about the heroing world. They were important but that didn't mean that he was looking forward to them. That would be boring to him but he had a few other classes that he thought would be interesting. Even if he was joining the family business, it was good to have other knowledge.

This morning he was less than enthused to be in this class. Especially after the lecture he had received the night before from his father about his lack of drive for being a hero. That was a recurring conversation and had been for several months now.

He shook himself out of his thoughts when there was a commotion right outside the classroom door. His gaze landed on the new guy in class while an eyebrow raised. That definitely wasn't a good first impression though he was definitely amused by the slight irritation the professor had. He definitely wasn't know for being patient. Beside him his friend, Ivan, snickered at the exchange. Maybe this would be good to see this guy tripping up over and over.

The lecture itself today was honestly interesting enough? everyone else seemed thoroughly bored out of their minds, but I mean it's kinda a nifty fun fact? sort of a party trick to pull out some law fact about the super powers right act that isn't taught in high school electives. It's important enough information and it's not like Prof. Willard was monotone the whole time. Just kinda had a stick up his ass.

Thank god they didn't have any long homework assigned, just told to read a court case about how Heros are by under law protected from getting sued for damages and it gets handled by the government, however Heros can get sued for physical harm if the Hero was documented as being negligent in keeping civilians safe during a fight.

Milo sighed and pushed his glasses up onto his forehead before he let it drop the the table, sitting there with his face smoothed into the cold wood for like a minute, there was half an hour between lectures generally so he had time, Milos luck was not good because a girl with lightning powers tried to strike conversation with him.

"Oh so you're the new guy who took out the whole city's power supply on Tuesday~" She commented in a sing song voice and sat next to him, moving another person out of the way, "Thought you would look stronger."

Milo picked up his face and squinted his eyes, making a face at her rude as comments.

"And what? you think without glasses I can't read how much of a rude comment that was? I'm nearsighted I can still read bitch up close."With that Milo stood up, gathered his things and started down the stairs to the Prof, he needed to talk to him before he started to the next Lecture in this fucked up size of a college campus.

Jay was more than interested in the subject matter. He was actually interested in the laws and various regulations of the superheroes. It didn't seem like that was something he should be willing to admit to though. He took some sparse notes throughout the class while he heard some people around him who were talking amongst themselves. He wasn't interested in paying much attention to them though.

When class was dismissed, he spent a good bit of time packing his books away. He slung his bag over his shoulder though paused slightly while he watched the exchange between the new guy and a bitchy cheerleader. He sighed quietly as he made his way toward them. He cleared his throat behind the woman. "Come on Brit, you never know what he could be hiding. It's not your business to fuck with him though," He told her with a smirk. He raised an eyebrow before he watched her quickly scurry off. He shook his head with a sigh as he ran his hand through his hair.

His gaze landed on the guy before he stuck his hands in his pockets. "Gotta develop a spine to stand up for yourself or people will keep steamrolling you," He gave a chuckle as he shook his head. He moved to walk away so he could enjoy his break because he had about two hours before his next lecture. He should be going to the gym to train a bit as his father wanted but he didn't really want to do that yet. He walked out onto the campus and looked around with a small sigh. He started off toward the library so he could enjoy the peace and quiet for at least a short while.

Since when was calling someone a bitch being steamrolled over? Milo stood there for a solid minute making a face, like the sheer gall this guy had? like whatever you're in this class because you want to be a hero get fucking bent. Milo doesn't need saving thanks, even if his tardiness and seemingly clumsy nature said otherwise. So fuck you brad, or whoever your name is. Milo doesn't like him.

Milo ended up talking to the prof. Other classes passed by just fine, Lunch was a saint of a time, he sat in the corner of the cafeteria for like the whole time not being bothered, and then the practical class came up, Milo was dreading this class the most on the account that they taught like hand to hand combat, which guess what isn't exactly Milos strong suit here.

Milo is kinda just there early, having gotten changed into the colleges workout and fighting class uniform, which is sweat pants and a t-shit, Milo is kinda just, over on a bench sitting and looking into space, all he can really think about is getting back to the dorm so he can call his parents and his friends and sleep, today has been exhausting so far, good thing this was his last class of the day.

Jay's day went very quietly as he passed through his few classes and spent time enjoying the nice day. He always had been a fan of the sunshine because it seemed to make him just feel stronger. He doubted that it really did anything to his powers, but it felt like it so it helped him nonetheless. He didn't even spend much time thinking about the new guy who was really just a dork. He didn't seem like he would really fit in around here, his power wasn't even noticeable. What good did that do anyone? Then again coming from a family like his with powers like his, most powers seemed pretty insignificant in comparison.

He loved his last class of the day, it meant that he got to show off and show people what he could really do. That was always a good time for him. It especially meant that he could show people what his family was really capable of. Though a lot of people already more than knew what their powers could do. He had already changed into his workout clothes and was lounging against the set of bleachers, watching a few of the newbies practicing their powers. He grinned broadly with a slight shake of his head. It was hard to resist the temptation to really show off before people got here, but he figured that it would be best to wait until it came time for sparring.

In the end, his ego got the better of him as he jumped down from his spot against the bleachers and sauntered over to the small group of newbies. There was a broad grin plastered on his face as he summoned a small ball of fire in each hand. "It's all about showmanship, don't miss a good opportunity to show people what you're really capable of," He told them with a slight chuckle before flinging each of the fireballs toward the targets sixty yards across the gymnasium. He had been training since he was very young and it didn't take much for him to be able to prove what he could really do with his gift.

Milo did not like Mr. fire balls over here, has no one ever taught him to be humble or something? fucking whatever, all Milo can really think about is all the property damage that superpower can cause. Milo glanced around while in thought, arms crossed as he leaned back into the wall, this building better be some form of fire proof or so help him- his train of thought however was smushed when the instructor came wandering in, she looked like she had super strength, or at least that was he vibe.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE LISTEN UP!"

HOLY SHIT, never mind, Milo was dead wrong she had some sort of voice power, He sat listening to ringing in his ears as the instructor kept talking.

"We will just be doing some simple training, Mr. Agni you have just volunteered yourself to help Mr. Sinatra with actually activating his powers for this whole class, thanks to your little fire starter stunt."She gestured to the burning targets in the back of the gym which was now being dealt with.

"Oh god damn it-" Milo said out loud, he's been avoiding trying to actually 'activate' his powers all week, it's not biting him in the ass.

"You two will be working in the cardio room for this, get moving, chop chop!"She clapped to get the two moving.

Jay crossed his arms over his chest with a broad grin on his face. He shrugged his shoulders without much thought at the moment. "I was just helping them understand how important it is to have good control over your powers," He said with another shrug of his shoulders. Most people in his life were more than used to his showing off his powers. That was just something most people in the community expected of his family anyway.

He glanced toward who he was told to be partnered with before a smirk spread across his face. He sauntered toward the man while watching him. He could definitely enjoy getting to push him around a bit. That would at least be better than getting yelled at for just being who he was. "Let's get going. We need to get you in shape after all," He told him with a wink and a smirk before he turned to walk toward the cardio room. He wasn't really in any sort of hurry to get anywhere. He usually did things at his own pace and most people just had to accept that he was going to do that.

Once they were in the cardio room, he walked him over to one of the treadmills and grinned broadly. He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest. "Show me what you've got. Especially after your big debut on the news last week," He told him with a chuckle. He had seen him make the news, maybe that would mean that he really could be useful. Unfortunately, it wasn't likely that he would be of much use in the shape that he was in now. Maybe they could see what could be done about that.

Milo is going to fight this every step of the way, that was the one thing that is for sure known, more like Milo knows that for sure. He doesn't like Jay so far and now it feels like the instructor did this to just punish Jay, not exactly the best environment to learn how to use his powers. Milo also doesn't like that wink or implied nature to the words. need, like Milo was going to become a hero after all of this, his life was planned out before the news disaster that came with saving that kid.

Milo would do it again, He wouldn't just let a kid get hit by a bus to avoid this, but going to this school is a road bump for him right now, nothing more. Milo's face grew into a deeper frown than it was as he followed Jay, his face turned from a frown to one of more panic and nerves, see the thing is Milo has no idea how he did that shit on the news.

"Yeah see that's the problem-"Milo started and wouldn't look at Jay, his fingers and thumbs twiddling and fiddling as he continued,"I don't exactly know how to activate my power- It's not like, I didn't even know I had powers till this week!"He threw his hands in the air, speaking with them. "So- I can't exactly show you till I find out how to ,,,, activate them,,, My my Bio Dad says it's second nature type stuff but I've never actively used them till that bus incident?"

Well shit.

Jay was usually in some sort of trouble with this particular instructor. She didn't exactly trust his family or like their methods, so he tended to get stuck with the grunt work. Such as the assignment he had just been given. He liked to just shrug it off and have a good time with whatever it was, there wasn't much that could stop him from enjoying a chance to show off a little anyway. Even if this time he had been paired with a guy who literally seemed to hate being here every single moment of doing so.

He paused slightly at the confession with his brow furrowed. He ran a hand through his hair as he sighed quietly. "What do you mean that you don't know how to activate your powers? How did you do it last time?" He asked him while a frown spread over his face. He had never met anyone who didn't have a clue how to use their powers. Especially at this age. That seemed ridiculous to him. How could that even happen? He sighed quietly while running a hand over his face. This was going to be more of a challenge than he had thought it would be. Maybe this was some sort of actual punishment for him seeing how his family tended to show off more than they should.

He shook his head and leaned against one of the walls to try to think this through. He just couldn't understand how this was even a little possible. Most people knew all about their powers well into their teens. He let flames dance over his fingertips while he shook his head. "How could this even be possible? Why did I have to get stuck partnered up with you?" He asked while some anger finally bled into his tone. He was no longer incredulous at the situation. He was honestly beyond angry that he had been paired up with a dud of a hero who couldn't even being to use his powers half the time.

Milo shrugged when questioned on how he did it the first time, "I don't know! it kinda just happened! like an adrenaline rush, people don't know how it happens or that they could or replicate it!, people fuck up entire body parts when they don't have powers and need to lift a truck off a baby." Milo countered but watched the other guy, his own face going sour, was this show off really going to help him? He watched the fire dance of Jays fingers.

Milo barked back at Jay, "Fuck! Off!" Milo's tired, "I don't want to fucking be here! I'm only sticking around for my mandatory one year and fucking back off to my normal college and normal dreams of being some sort of IT guy, I'm no god damn superhero!" Well that sure does set the tone, that's for sure. Milo is just frustrated with Jays whole being now. Milo's face is still sour looking, but he started moving to the door passed Jay.

"I'm going to tell the instructor you're no fucking help! I need someone to help me so I can get out of this fucking nightmare of a school, you know, the thing hero's do?" Milo yanked the door open and slammed it behind himself, and pulled the door with him, his hand that held the door glowed a light minty turquoise with arching electricity. Milo fumbled with the door trying not to fall or fumble over as everyone turned to look and see what the fuck was going on.

Good thing any damages to the building are handled by the government.

Jay's gaze darkened slightly as he stalked toward the timid-looking man. His frown deepened while the fire spread over his hands. His anger was definitely getting the best of him. He didn't really care right now, he was just angry at this entire situation. A small grunt emanated from his throat as he stopped just a few steps from him. "You're better off paying the fine than being here and just being a waste of space to all of us. We actually want to be here and get to be in the field," He told him as his voice raised with each word.

He let out a yell of frustration before letting go of a fireball aimed at the door. He didn't think he would hit Milo but it didn't really matter to him if he did. The guy was a pain in his ass and would be of no use in getting him through this course. He stalked by the now floating door with a fire burning in his eyes. "I guess you figured out how to not be such a pain in my ass. You just need to get mad and tear shit up. Maybe you won't be such a waste of space around here," He spoke while pausing by him. He shook his head with another grunt as he clenched his fist to put out the fire.

He shook his head to walk away without even bothering to acknowledge the professor now yelling at him. He didn't even care now. He would deal with the consequences when he wasn't at risk of going entirely nuclear on the facility. He had done that before and didn't really want to have to deal with the disappointment from his father about blowing up an entire campus building again.

Milo was so annoyed when he had to come in before classes to have a meeting with the dean of the college and a few other folks, it was about the whole incident yesterday. Milo rubbed at his temples as he walked, book bag on his back as he was not going to walk back to his dorm to grab shit.

He was not late mind you, he walked into the room and saw a few people in suits or other workplace clothing, a youngish lady Milo would mark at 27 motioned for him to sit down. "We're just waiting for the dean and one other person, thank you for coming in Mr. Sinatra." Milo shrugged as he pulled his bag off his back and pulled the chair out from the meeting room desk and sat down.

He's been in here before, when he had to have a meeting about going to the mandatory year of college, Milo slumped into the chair, he could feel the padding and hard plastic arm rests, his glasses slumped down on the bridge of his nose, it smelled like old paper and coffee in here, the coffee maker in the corner being the source of the second one.

"How long is this going to take? even though I don't want to be here I do have classes to get to" Is what Milo said after what seemed to be five minutes of waiting.

"All time missed will be excused for the meeting, don't worry." The lady from before spoke with a fairly kind and warm voice, she has blonde hair and green eyes. Milo shifted and sat up to look over his shoulder when he heard the door he had walked through open, would that be this other mystery person or the dean?

Jay had spent most of the evening prior being lectured by his father for his behavior. He should have learned by now that his emotions weren't going to get the best of him. How dare he come so close to being like his uncle? How could he make such a name for himself? He hated that sense of superiority that his father had, which led him to not exactly respect his father. It made their relationship very strained, he didn't exactly enjoy this game that his father liked to play with wielding his power.

He shook his head with a small frown as he walked into the dean's office. He glanced around before his eyes landed upon Milo sitting there. He sighed quietly while running a hand through his hair. "Well, well, well. How about that?" He asked and took a seat next to him. He didn't quite have the same smugness that he had the day before. His attire was also very different. Instead of his usual form-fitting short-sleeved shirt, he was wearing a baggy hoodie over a baggy shirt.

He sat in a chair several away from where Milo was sitting. He relaxed in the chair as much as he could while he was trying not to focus on what could happen. His gaze slid over to the other man for a moment before it darted away while he ran a hand through his hair. "I think we got off on the wrong foot," He told him in a quiet voice with his gaze cast downward. He almost felt bad that his own temper had caused someone who didn't even want to be at this school to end up in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back