• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic SUPERCLUSTER - The Lore-rich Sci-fi RP Built By Its Players

Unconventionalist

Unconventional conversationalist

• "NEVER IN THIS MILLENIA HAVE WE EXPERIENCED A PEACE SO TRANQUIL YET SO FRAGILE"
    - Vurkha Marendis, Representative of the Leo Trifecta

The home of countless intelligent and non-intelligent lifeforms. The Laniakea Supercluster is home to approximately 10,000 galaxies. At the rate the universe is expanding, the supercluster is commonly agreed to be the limit of exploration for the life within it, as even the latest technological advancements produced by the most advanced intelligent civilizations and alliances cannot produce fast enough transport.​

ben-mauro-bigmarket-lookingup-01-bm-2bbbb.jpg

The first contact between the NGC 2841 Supercolony and the Solar Interplanetary Alliance happened in the year 3180 of the human calendar. It has been 2 millenia since then. Contact between other intelligent civilizations have rapidly followed, forging a new age for humanity: The Galactic Age. An initiative to create an intergalactic alliance to aid peace and stability in the region has been created, which is later named the Intelligent Confederacy of Immense Heaven (ICIH). For the longest time, the Laniakea Supercluster's multitudes of inhabitants experienced mutual trade benefits, rapid expansion of knowledge, and the discovery of near limitless sources of raw materials.

The Galactic Age Deal does have its losers however. The Digitorum Animo Deus, a hyper-intelligent virtual race whose planetary systems rely on an extremely rare metal called Riondrium to power their technology, have begun forcefully settling on Riondrium-rich galaxies protected by the ICIH; thus a millenium-long war of the largest proportions have begun.

TLDR: A space age RP with more focus on player-made lore. Creativity is highly encouraged!
    This to-be-RP is inspired by the immense universes of renowned titles like Star Wars, Valerian, Cyberpunk, etc.

This is a pretty big concept and I'm sure I cannot do this on my own. I'm accepting and listening to your ideas, suggestions, and criticisms :D

Last edited:
It's not likely to influence my decision to join, but are there any kinds of magic or supernatural phenomena in this setting?

It's not likely to influence my decision to join, but are there any kinds of magic or supernatural phenomena in this setting?
Oof, that's a large oversight on my part. There will be magic/supernatural powers. After all, there are countless races in the Laniakea :)

Thankz for the reminder too :D

I tell myself to limit the amount of RPs i participate in, but then something like this comes up!

Interested!

Tentatively interested, need inspiration for a character as the ones I have ready to go would not fit in this.

same as above -- interested, will check it out more once theres more people & details up! (also need to think of a character)

• THE ICIH GUIDE TO THE INTELLIGENT RACES

The great races of the Laniakea are nigh millions. The Intelligent Confederacy of the Immense Heaven has raised immense efforts in an attempt to represent if not the majority, ALL races in the ICIH's sphere of protection and influence.

Each article about each race will be detailed with general knowledge about the race along with it's present or most influential leader.​

valerian-movie-concept-art-ben-mauro-bigmarket-06-benmaurodddddddd.jpg

Last edited:

• THE ICIH GUIDE TO THE INTELLIGENT RACES

The great races of the Laniakea are nigh millions. The Intelligent Confederacy of the Immense Heaven has raised immense efforts in an attempt to represent if not the majority, ALL races in the ICIH's sphere of protection and influence.

Each article about each race will be detailed with general knowledge about the race along with its present or most influential leader.

valerian-movie-concept-art-ben-mauro-bigmarket-06-benmaurodddddddd.jpg

Lore Update!

2 initial races added: The HumanPLUS and The Ziggur

These are lore writeups to spark interest and give the players options. Additional races can be registered to the ICIH!

Last edited:
Thanks for checking the thread out!

I'd love to participate in this. What parts of the lore are you currently looking for help in?

New races are always welcome! (You will be credited and I'll forever be grateful)
Lore expansions and suggestions are needed too. The richer the lore, the better :D The idea is gonna need some work, so the more people pitching in, the faster the release :)

I’m interested in this as well. Limiting myself on RPs until the semester is over, but please keep me posted for this one

I can do a race, as well as some lore related to then and their technology.

Is this following hard science or soft science?
She(?) said above that straight-up magic exists when I asked, so don't take my word for it, but based on that, it's probably soft science.

I can do a race, as well as some lore related to then and their technology.

Is this following hard science or soft science?

Soft Science. But as long as the details you will provide are easy for everyone to understand, I'm all for anything you will write :D

She(?) said above that straight-up magic exists when I asked, so don't take my word for it, but based on that, it's probably soft science.
Some races possess inherent abilites like telekinesis or shapeshifting, that makes them unique. Anomalies among them definitely exist too. Other (or even their own) cultures will definitely perceive this as magic (or perhaps it actually is). Bottom line is, if these traits will definitely make your race/character unique, go for it! :)

To be honest I'm not sure what kind of character I'd make for an rp like this, since it seems pretty open ended with no central ideas. But I'd love to submit lore ideas from some of my own favorite scifi series.

I am very interested. Is there a place where we can offer our own lore?
Consider me yet another person interested in this!
To be honest I'm not sure what kind of character I'd make for an rp like this, since it seems pretty open ended with no central ideas. But I'd love to submit lore ideas from some of my own favorite scifi series.

Thank you for checking out the thread! It makes me happy you're interested in SUPERCLUSTER :D
Please any help/entries/suggestions/criticisms are highly appreciated! If you have an idea for a race or anything else, feel free to message me and I'll work on it with you. After I finish some more write-ups, I'll be creating a thread for your contributions :)

Lore Update!
Three new races have been added to The ICIH Guide to the Intelligent Races.

The Dalai Shugam - an amphibious, nomadic, and tribal race. Excellent in melee and underwater combat.
The Digitorum Animo Deus - a digital race that is capable of challenging the ICIH and its allies.
The Dorrainoids (by Loki777) - a robotic race whose A.I. has ascended to true sentience. They havev broken the shackles of servitude to their masters and have established their very own empire.

Further write-ups before the launch of SUPERCLUSTER will be on its way :)

If you have any ideas/suggestions/lore submissions, please message me so we can work on it together :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back