Video Games Super Smash Bros. Ultimate...holy smokes.

ShadowGamer

Darkness Dweller
With how things are already stacked up, this next installment in the Super Smash Bros. series is certainly living up to its name. What's got you guys hyped for this game? And is there anything you're hoping to see that they didn't reveal yet?

I'm just happy that the rumors about the new smash bros game being a remake of the previous one for the Wii U were untrue.

From what I've seen of the gameplay, it seems like ultimate is gonna be really fun! It'll be hard to say for sure until the actual game comes out, but I hope it meets up to all my expectations and hype. :3

As much as I want Azura to be in Ultimate, I'll admit there are too many FE heroes in the game....though one can hope she'll make it! So there won't be 1 only conquest representative lol

As much as I want Azura to be in Ultimate, I'll admit there are too many FE heroes in the game....though one can hope she'll make it! So there won't be 1 only conquest representative lol
Too many Fire Emblem characters? Look at the Super Mario representatives; there's eight of them! X'D But really, if they were gonna include someone else from Fire Emblem (and I'm not saying I'm well-versed with the series), maybe they should get someone who ISN'T another swordfighter. Apart from Robin who's only half-swordfighter, that's all there is for the fighters representing the series. There's magic, right? How about a sorcerer or something? Just saying; not trying to bash on the characters already in the game.

I'm just happy that the rumors about the new smash bros game being a remake of the previous one for the Wii U were untrue.

From what I've seen of the gameplay, it seems like ultimate is gonna be really fun! It'll be hard to say for sure until the actual game comes out, but I hope it meets up to all my expectations and hype. :3
It better live up to the hype, otherwise Nintendo might never hear the end of it. X'D

Personally, for me, with all they revealed thus far, one of my concerns is how they're gonna fit all that game data into one tiny game cartridge. We're talking 73 fighters with more on the way, 103 stages with different versions of themselves, about 900 soundbytes...We're talking a lot of data here!

Too many Fire Emblem characters? Look at the Super Mario representatives; there's eight of them! X'D But really, if they were gonna include someone else from Fire Emblem (and I'm not saying I'm well-versed with the series), maybe they should get someone who ISN'T another swordfighter. Apart from Robin who's only half-swordfighter, that's all there is for the fighters representing the series. There's magic, right? How about a sorcerer or something? Just saying; not trying to bash on the characters already in the game.

EXACTLY! Aqua/Azura uses a spear and is pretty much the heroine of Fates Conquest/Birthright; plus she's the top shipper for Kamui/Corrin so I don't see why not. (Referring to how they have both lucina and robin in the game and the slight shipping war going on in the fandom)

EXACTLY! Aqua/Azura uses a spear and is pretty much the heroine of Fates Conquest/Birthright; plus she's the top shipper for Kamui/Corrin so I don't see why not. (Referring to how they have both lucina and robin in the game and the slight shipping war going on in the fandom)
I don't believe shipping is a factor considered when deciding a fighter, but whatever helps people sleep at night. (^-^")

Oh it was just an example! I, myself, don't believe in some intensive shipping that futoshi(s) do. I just am a fan of fire emblem in a whole

I still wish we could get Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. Only thing better than a sword user is a dude who uses TWO swords! I'm excited to see Ganondorf finally getting his own moves this time around instead of being a slow Captain Falcon, and I say this as someone who has been maining Captain Falcon since Melee. I'm absolutely blown away by the number of characters and sheer amount of customization options between saving rulesets between sessions, number of stages with each getting Omega and Battlefield options, music options and so on. If we can get a Map Maker again, and some for-fun modes like Smash Run and Hit the Targets, I can see putting in as much time in this as all the others combined for myself.

I'm looking forward to this version of the game! It will have so many characters... I have no idea how they will balance everything, but I guess they're not supposed to be balanced, the game is for fun xD

I would like them to add Son Goku as a guest character xDD he would fit the roster.

OST is still somehow not as good as Brawl/Melee's
Leaked 'Snake Eater' is worse than Brawl's OST version.

I'm looking forward to this version of the game! It will have so many characters... I have no idea how they will balance everything, but I guess they're not supposed to be balanced, the game is for fun xD

I would like them to add Son Goku as a guest character xDD he would fit the roster.
...Goku? Really?:b/: <sighs> You know, I heard a lot of that on Nintendo's old Miiverse service before and after Smash 4 was released. Wasn't funny then...not funny now...And even if you aren't joking, those are still some seriously long odds, pretty much to the point where it won't happen. The Smash Bros. developers managed to get King K. Rool in spite of the complications with Rare, but it's highly doubtful that an anime character, let alone someone as OP as Goku, will ever make it into this fighting game. You want a fighting game with Goku? There's at least two recent(ish) ones out there with a third on the way: Dragon Ball Fighters Z, J-Stars Victory vs. +, and Jump Force.

Apologies for sounding like a stick in the mud, but I'm just stating facts here.

I think the goku meme has run its course honestly....I for one would love to see no more undertale memes for smash ultimate....

I think the goku meme has run its course honestly....I for one would love to see no more undertale memes for smash ultimate....
At least Undertale has a better (if still slim) chance than Goku because it originally is a video game.

Now, if we're talking legitimate candidates for the fighter roster, a new Pokémon fighter like Decidueye seems very likely. Heck, that Pokémon was already in a fighting game!
Or, for something different, maybe we can get a new fighter from the Kirby franchise. People keep saying Bandana Waddle Dee, but honestly, I'm partial to Marx from Kirby Super Star; just need to figure out what his standard attacks would be like...

I see I see! I'm a kirby fan as well and would love more representation, maybe having waddle dee as possible dlc after the game launch?

I play FighterZ actually and looking forward to it being released on Switch. So I guess when I say I want Goku in Smash I'm half serious.
Tbh I don't know much about the game community or memes, so I'm sorry if I touched a sensitive subject with that.

I'm really excited about this game getting to Switch. I only played Melee before and I kind of missed the whole Smash 4 thing because I don't own any of the consoles it was on and neither do my friends.

In terms of FE representation I would love to see more of a call back to characters like Hector or Ephraim. At least they don't use swords. Hector uses an axe and Ephraim used a spear. Of course I will always want Lyndis to be in smash, even if she's just an assist trophy. Or hell let's have a villain from FE, who are generally mages, be playable characters. characters like Validar from Awakening or Nergal from The Blazing Blade would be fantastic picks for FE's dark representation. Aside from my obvious bias to see more FE characters in the roster, I do also have some hope to see some more indie/3rd party characters either be assist trophies or actual playable characters. First one that comes to mind would be Shantae. With her revival in the Half-Genie Hero game and her previous installments on nintendo consoles i.e; gameboy color, 3DS, Wii U, and now most recently the Switch, she seems like such a prime candidate in my opinion to appear in the smash series even if just as an assist trophy. Another character to come to mind is the protagonist from the Spectrobe series. He had cool gear and even cooler companions in the Spectrobes. I mean I know I'm pulling at straws here but I mean even Billy Hatcher from Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg would be a fun assist trophy. I don't think most people would care if these end up in the game or not, but I would certainly find it entertaining to say the least.

The Smash Bros. developers managed to get King K. Rool in spite of the complications with Rare

There weren’t any complications beyond whether Nintendo wanted him playable in the game or not. It’s a misconception that Rare owns any of the Donkey Kong Country characters. The Big N didn’t need any permission whatsoever to slap Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, Tiny Kong, K. Rool, and a handful of Kremlings into Mario Super Sluggers.

Another character to come to mind is the protagonist from the Spectrobe series. He had cool gear and even cooler companions in the Spectrobes.

I love you.

Beyond unlikely, but I greatly respect your choice there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back