• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. RP Interest Check

GrumpySwallow

Four Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I have an OOC Thread. If you are interested in joining the RP or have any questions, please post there and be sure to read the first page! The RP is open and accepting players!

Story:

Another tournament finished; another crisis resolved. The Super Smash Brothers prepared to return to their home realms and, at Princess Peach's eager suggestion, they agreed to reunite at the Super Smash Brothers Stadium in one year's time. Some of the Smashers, disturbed by how close to doom they came during the events of Subspace Emissary and World of Light, thought it would be wise to keep in contact. Others were simply happy at the idea of reuniting with friends new and old. After good-byes (and one or two vows of vengeance) were made, the fighters of the Super Smash Brothers returned to their home lands.

A year has passed, and the Smash Bros. start making their way back to the Smash Realm only to find that it has changed for the worse. It feels as though the Realm is slowly breaking apart. The land is wracked with spontaneous natural (and unnatural!) disasters, and monsters seem to roam unchecked. Even more shocking, the Hands are nowhere to be seen and the Super Smash Brothers have been made into outlaws with a fine reward promised for proof of a Smasher's capture or demise!

Rules:

1. This RP is meant to be a very casual RP that's easy to join. I don't have any post decoration or post length requirements. All I want is a decent grasp of spelling and grammar, and to give enough material for folks to respond to.

2. OCs are welcome! I only ask that they do not have any strong ties to a Canon Character, such as a long lost relative or ex-lover. Relationships built during the course of the RP are fine.

3. Game canon does not have to be strictly adhered to as Super Smash Bros. itself does not completely follow canon to the games each respective character comes from. We just have to communicate and make sure everyone is on the same page.

4. Any Canon Character that is not in Super Smash Bros. must meet one of the following criteria:

-The character comes from a Nintendo franchise
-The character either comes from a video game that is a Nintendo console exclusive, or a game series with a minimum of 3 Nintendo console exclusive titles. (Ex. Professor Layton)
-The series the character comes from already has some form of representation in Smash Bros., such as a playable character or a Mii Fighter costume (Ex. Dante)

I will not accept any comic book, cartoon, or anime characters in this RP. The reason for being strict with characters is that I want this RP to remain "Super Smash Brothers" at its core.

5. There are some game characters that are generally blank slates with only small hints of a personality (Ex. Link) which leave them more open to interpretation, and some characters can have different personalities between games (Ex. Cloud) or localizations (Ex. Pit). The point is, don't be rude to other players if they're not playing a character exactly how you think they should. That being said, please be reasonable when RPing Canon Characters. Even if you want try a different interpretation of a character, they should still feel like that character. This isn’t a “lolrandom” RP, unless of course “lolrandom” is actually part of the character!

6. Pokemon characters only have 4 moves similar to the games. This includes Pokemon belonging to Pokemon Trainers. Pokemon Trainers cannot own legendary Pokemon. Mundane attacks like biting or tackling do not count as moves. Anything with a mouth can bite and anything with claws can scratch!

7. The Smash Realm is constantly changing and expanding. Feel free to make up landscapes, landmarks, and towns as you want. The only constant thing is the Stadium. It's always in the same spot.

Profiles
To join, either send me a profile through PM or post it here in the OOC thread
If playing a SSB character:

Character Name: (If you're playing a character with different incarnations, such as Link or Zelda, please specify which incarnation you're playing)
Player Name:

If playing a game character outside of SSB:

Character Name:
Game of Origin:
Player Name:

If playing an OC: (Feel free to add more info if you want)

Character Name:
Race/Species:
Appearance: (Pics and descriptions are both acceptable)
Abilities/Powers: (Pokemon Trainer OCs can list their team here)
Bio: (Keep it simple, but no "Can't remember" or "It's a mystery!" )
Player Name:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back