• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
What could make this better or worse would be whether or not they remember what they say. Sora just taking everything with a smile and not gonna mention what others said to him, but he ofc has to remember it, but doesn't mean the others remember internally Sora might be hurt, but he's too nice to bring it up
I definitely plan on having my PCs remember their words and actions if/when they're corrupted. The Pillars of Destruction are revealing and exasperating the darker aspects of a person who is under their influence. I feel it'd be a shame if the afflicted Fighters couldn't remember, and as such can't grow stronger from the experience as a result!

So to take the example with Pit, he may not ever talk so cruelly to someone under normal circumstances, but the Pillar of Sorrow brought out that hidden repressed part of him and revealed it. I love the idea of Sora, and the other uncorrupted Fighters, helping their friends fight their inner demons and overcome their corruption. From the harshness can come wholesomeness! Lol imagine Mythra slapping the taste out of Pit's mouth and telling him to NEVER call himself stupid or defective again, and that if ANYONE ever talks about him like that to let her know so she'll kick their asses personally! And that gets a chuckle out of him and starts the process of freeing him from Sorrow's grasp!

One of the bigger Links pulls Toon Link out of his own funk by telling him he IS special and unique, and they think he's a pretty cool little guy!

Shfkdjfjsoff It’s taken me a bit to figure out which of my characters would fit where but I think I’ve got it!

Pichu=Anger: Fhsjfjd you know the jokes about him being rabid? Well you ain’t seen nothing yet cus when this fucker gets corrupted by Anger it’s all over. I could imagine how heartbreaking it’d be for him to lose any amount of humanity and become just a completely feral creature attacking whatever was closest to him whether it be friend or foe. And as he’s attacking whatever comes close he’s only bringing himself more and more to total exhaustion as his own body can’t handle all of the stress. Afdjdkfjd and by the end he’s so weak he can barely move but yet he still continues to fight, fueled by total rage. Shdjskfjd basically imagine the one scene from the first movie but with Pichu being the one to attack Pikachu 😭
1675629248347.gif

Zelda = Fear: I felt fear would best fit the idea of how the triforce of wisdom represents her own weaknesses. Without the willpower associatied with courage nor the pure strength that comes with Power, Zelda’s left with the burden of knowledge yet no means to actually act on it, leaving her completely helpless. And it’d be even worse if the conclusion she comes to in this corrupted state is that there is no way to win, and that all possible outcomes will only lead to total annihilation. So poor girly’s cowering in fear as everything’s going on, wailing about how everyone’s doomed and that they should just lie down and accept defeat in hopes that it will be a painless demise.

Inkling = Ego: Inkling was kinda hard to think of as I think it’d also be really interesting to see them get corrupted by fear but for the sake of variety I think ego could also really work. After all, the squidbeak spittoon has done nothing but sing praises for Agent Three’s skills. They were the one who defeated Octavio, they were the one who saved the Zapfish, and what have the others done? Nothing. They’d all be dead without her. And yet what did she get out of it? A lost childhood and a pointless war that she’ll forever be on the frontlines of. So in this corrupted state I could see her wondering why to even bother, becoming completely apathetic to the other’s efforts as she just watches on in total disinterest.

Isabelle = Sorrow: Isabelle as ego is a really great idea but in order to connect with the character arc she seems to be going through in the rp that sorrow would be the most fitting. After all, despite all of the horrors, all the bloodshed, and all the violence, she’s forced herself to keep on going. And eventually all of that has to catch up with her, and what better time than when she gets corrupted. So finally everything hits her all at once and the poor gal finally breaks down, wallowing for all of the lives lost and all the misery that’s been brought onto the realm.

Just to go more in depth with what I thought on my characters

Mythra / Pyra (Likely plays off Mythra) - Fear: The constant reminder of what she has done, and the strength of her powers make her fear herself. She is consumed by such a fear, it influences how she is all the time after all and to have it drawn out of her would only make matters far worse. She is her own worst enemy and she can make it show even more if driven into a corner. Imagine Mythra, the spitfire who hardly backs down, driven into a corner because she is scared she is going to cause another Torna to happen? She is scared she might kill the other fighters thus she becomes such a coward and refuses to accept otherwise

Yoshi - Anger: I thought on this one and changed my mind based off rp event. Clearly hints of frustration have begun showing in Yoshi and showing he does not like indecision that has been shown by the others around him. Eventually even a laidback individual like himself has to release such emotions and he is thrown into a fit of rage which he cannot control. It's brought out by insults to his friends and constant jabs at things he cares about

Roxas - Anger: It's one of his strongest emotions after all and what sets him apart from Sora. He has a lot of deep seeded anger and hatred which could be pulled upon, especially towards Sora himself. Sure it could be turned to sorrow instead, but Roxas has always been more temperamental and quick to act a bit more on the violent side rather than mope around so anger fits him well. The frustrations of being a Nobody, him needing to give up his life to let Sora be complete, him being used as a tool his entire life; all reasons for him to lash out and fall to corruption without a second thought

Byleth - Sorrow: For someone who shows few emotions, it's hard to make him feel strongly in any direction. He doesn't let things get to him after all. While he fears of losing his students, he knows that is how fighting goes since he lived his life as a mercenary. People don't pull anger out of him either, even in the most extremes. Even for being a god's vessel, he shows no signs of an ego, though maybe Sothis could leave that influence on him. However, he does show he is capable of grief, albeit in extreme measures. Most of his fear can be fixed by reversing time after all, but what if he gets countered in the act and no matter how many times he reverses, he cannot change the outcome. He's forced to make himself see the same traumatic scene again and again, pushing himself into the depths of his own sorrow

Ann - Fear: Ann would likely be forced to relive the traumatic things she's already experienced and have to cope with them yet again. Add in the bonus of "What if our plan against Akechi didn't work" and put the idea of Joker dying as a result onto the conscious and bam she's pulled into complete fear of "what ifs." This very state goes against the very essence of being a persona wielder and works perfectly for her. The fear of being harassed, the fear of losing her best friend and of course the fear of losing Joker would be more than enough to corrupt her

Joker: I wouldn't put him in one because like I said before he's a weird one to pin down. He could go for sorrow and be reminded of how his life has been shaped of recent and how unfair everything is. He could be forced to see how his friends would have reacted if their plan were to fail and he was killed. For fear, he could be forced to witness the interrogation room countless times, forcing him to fear everything he had done and cower from it, going against the very willpower that brings forth a persona within him. He could become fit with rage, letting it consume him much like Akechi had and letting all the bad happenings in his life fuse such violence. Or he could be consumed by his ego. He knows he's hot shit and stands by it. All that matters is him and him alone. Fame, recognition, he thrives from it all and let's it go to his head. People are mere stepping stones to get him there. BUT most importantly, Joker has overcome pretty much all of these already and showed he can stick to his chosen justice, so maybe he is unaffected after all, who knows LMAO

And of course, Sora is Sora maybe he sacrifices himself to save the others and in turn they have to save him in the end ((((((:

Ploegy Ploegy but seriously tho omg these are all great! I esp love that you put down Yoshi as anger, in any other situation it probably might have seemed strange but omg in the context of the rp it makes perfect sense and is such a great choice! Svdjdhsf trying to peg persona users down as any one seems like it’d be a difficult task in general considering they’re whole thing is centered around accepting oneself but Joker’s potential ego sounds like it could be a super interesting thing to play around with! Poor Sora’s really gonna have his hands full
but hey it’s not the first time he’s sacrificed himself or heck even the last 1675637030844.gif

Sorrow fits Cyan because of emperor Gestahl ordered the genocide of Doma people. Kefka poisoned the castle’s water. Cyan walks to find his wife and son dead…

As I said, I'd likely have Pit succumb to Sorrow's influence. Dark Pit's creation gives me the impression that, despite his upbeat demeanor, Pit's a pretty moody angel deep down, the Japanese version more so. He's frustrated with the gods' arrogance and their constant feuding bringing ruin and suffering to the humans on Earth, then their turning around and blaming humans for all their problems. He's frustrated by his disability, and the constant jabs at that disability and his intelligence. He's a survivor of genocide and was once a prisoner of war, and those events have left some very deep scars. He has died hundreds of time. Pit has very few friends to confide in due to his status as Palutena's right hand angel so he may be lonely too. Through it all, he had to keep a stiff upper lip; his duty demanded it! Pit has had to be strong and selfless all his life! When he's struck by Sorrow's influence he becomes bitter, depressed, and full of self-loathing. He's tired, very tired, and just wants it all to end!

For Toon Link, maybe Ego? To quote Uncle Iroh from Avatar: "Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source." Toon Link is often compared to the other Links and deep down it has hurt him. He's corrupted by Ego and it causes him to become apathetic and fall into a deep sleep. Get one of the "cooler" Links to take care of the problem! He's too tired to care!

Dark Pit, due to his nature of being a manifestation of Pit's repressed negative emotions, is unaffected by the Pillars! Sora has help! Death taunts Dark Pit and he flat out tells it to shut up!

I can see Pikachu being struck by Sorrow as well, but then she sees Pichu going berserk and manages to shake off its influence through her own will! She can't be sad right now, Pichu needs help!

In Cyan’s case fighting his inner demons and anguish helped. I feel like maybe sorrow manifests themselves into a soul consuming demon like in the game. Then Cyan wakes up and fights back.

Last edited:
Ploegy Ploegy but seriously tho omg these are all great! I esp love that you put down Yoshi as anger, in any other situation it probably might have seemed strange but omg in the context of the rp it makes perfect sense and is such a great choice! Svdjdhsf trying to peg persona users down as any one seems like it’d be a difficult task in general considering they’re whole thing is centered around accepting oneself but Joker’s potential ego sounds like it could be a super interesting thing to play around with! Poor Sora’s really gonna have his hands full
but hey it’s not the first time he’s sacrificed himself or heck even the last View attachment 1063252
Angry Yoshi will shock all in his path. And yeah it is hard to pin persona users down, especially Joker since he is the one that overcomes everything in his path without faltering all too much. He also takes on the burdens of others a lot and helps them through it all, which is another reason it's hard to pin him into being affected. Plus I love the concept of him needing to help Ann out of her corruption it'd be like him convincing her to find it in herself to fight back against Kamoshida all over again expect this time there's a different charge behind it cuz ya know couple

Let's not forget Sora's sacrifice in KH1. He's self sacrificial af

Mythra is rescued before Pit, and when she and Sora confront him she sees that same hopelessness and desire for true death she and Pyra may have had! Poor Sora's gonna be taking a lot of abuse! Pit just striking the poor kid every time he approaches, and trying to force him away. "Go away, Sora! It's all true! I am defective! I am stupid! All the awful things that have happened, I deserved it! I've been nothing but terrible to you! Please... just leave me alone! I'm not worthy of your friendship..."

It'd be kind of ironic if the way they save Pit from Sorrow's corruption... is to tell him that it is okay for him to be hurt and sad, and there's no shame in expressing it!

I'd better stop! Gotta save SOME material for the RP itself!

Random sad beat I had liked ages ago. All this talk about everyone going through the motions got in the mood for some sad music to make me cry :closedeyescryingfrown:

Lol Dark Pit confronts a Rage-corrupted Roxas!

Pittoo: What's the matter? You angry 'cuz your life's been nothing but a shit-soup sandwich? Yeah, join the club! *gets right up in Roxas's face* C'mon, tough guy, swing. SWING.

Roxas then punches Pittoo right in the face!

Pittoo: ... *starts bleeding from his nose and lower lip* ... Didn't hurt. Not even a little. Pathetic! Is that ALL the rage you can muster?

Roxas and Dark Pit proceed to beat the ever-living dogshit out of each other!

Lol Dark Pit confronts a Rage-corrupted Roxas!

Pittoo: What's the matter? You angry 'cuz your life's been nothing but a shit-soup sandwich? Yeah, join the club! *gets right up in Roxas's face* C'mon, tough guy, swing. SWING.

Roxas then punches Pittoo right in the face!

Pittoo: ... *starts bleeding from his nose and lower lip* ... Didn't hurt. Not even a little. Pathetic! Is that ALL the rage you can muster?

Roxas and Dark Pit proceed to beat the ever-living dogshit out of each other!
Meanwhile Seph and Pokey clearly enjoying this..

The freaking Angry Eyebrows Yoshi got me LOL
i wouldn't blame him, like do you know how many of his brothers and sisters were sacrificed to help Mario clear a world to save Peach? I wouldn't be surprised if Yoshi's are an endangered species because of the careless neglect to their lives.

I know the other smash brothers aren’t push overs but Seph is manipulative so he’ll likely use tactics to his advantage

The freaking Angry Eyebrows Yoshi got me LOL
I choked when I saw the angry eyebrows LMAO

I'm totally not crying. You're seeing things god I love this song so much. My fav KH song

I know the other smash brothers aren’t push overs but Seph is manipulative so he’ll likely use tactics to his advantage
If he tries to manipulate Joker, he gets an angry Ann on his ass, and vice versa

I choked when I saw the angry eyebrows LMAO

I'm totally not crying. You're seeing things god I love this song so much. My fav KH song

If he tries to manipulate Joker, he gets an angry Ann on his ass, and vice versa
Angry girl friend vs the one winged angel totally not hoping it happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back