• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sunset Bay (Vampires, urban fantasy)(closed)

OOC
Here
Adrian pursed his lips and frowned. He was not necessarily moved by Tatiana's words; he was sure that any vampire he was about to kill would say the same thing. But she had outright said that she would fight to protect herself. So she at least didn't seem too interested in trying to deceive him. But then she disappeared, and he immediately regretted not staking the two of them on sight.

He growled low in his throat before he could stop himself, and when he realized what he was doing he quickly cleared his throat and shook his head. There was no point in doing things like that; he had come so far because he had avoided giving into his baser instincts, even though it was incredibly difficult. He was not about to lose to them now because of a hunt gone wrong.

"I don't have friends," he spat at Victor's accusations. "You were just trying to distract me so she could run off."

He considered grabbing one of his concealed weapons, even though there were still bystanders. They were few and far between, so--

"Still running on human emotions, what a joke. You give those up when you drink blood," he snapped, but he paused. He was... a little bit curious about how they ended up here, and how they seemed to be determined not to hurt people. If he could get them both together again, he could interrogate them at length and find out if they were really harmless or just lying. They were probably just lying. Harmless vampires didn't exist.

He grimaced, then huffed and turned around, heading towards a nearby alleyway.

"Is your family blessed with good vision? There's an overlook that shows more than half the town just past this direction. You could find her that way," he grumbled.

( Chiyo Chiyo )

Victor grind his teeth, "She wouldn't have run off if you weren't so stand off-ish." He said before sniffing the air. When he heard Adrian say that his kind lost the human emotions once they hunted, he shook his head. "Not my sister, she's different."

Victor saw Adrian turned to head down an alleyway saying that there was an overlook near that direction, he was hesitant on following but once he caught Tatianna's scent the strongest in that direction he took off. Victor's eyes glowed a pale silver as his vision got better and he could see the direction she went. "Unlike some vampires, most of my family have that gift of vision. Except for Tatianna, she has developed other skills."

Meanwhile further into the woods, Tatianna ran as fast as she could. Quickly saying sorry when ever she bumped into anyone in town until she saw trees and smelled water. Hissing in pain she didn't realized that she had ran into someone that wore silver, the necklace was still wrapped around her arm and she was starting to grow weak.

Once she saw the water, Tatianna slowly made her way to the edge of the deck and roughly sat down. "I really need to get over these feelings." She said to herself then held up her arm, the necklace was starting to dig into her skin and she had no idea where she was.

"Good work Tatianna." She scold herself, "Enter a new town and you get yourself lost."

Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime

Adrian stiffened and then snorted. As though this was his fault.

"I did nothing wrong, and I said nothing but the truth," he said defensively. He wasn't being standoffish, this was just how he normally was. He had never been particularly good at being soft or sociable. "And I'll say this, I don't believe for a second that your sister is different from any other vampire I've killed. You're all the same to me. But I'll give you both a chance to at least explain yourselves before I fight you."

He spoke stiffly. He wasn't sure if the other man was going to follow him or not, but then he took off, and Adrian went after him. He was frowning something fierce as he passed him, leading the way to the overlook that stood above much of the city and surrounding area. It was a scenic place, with the little binoculars and everything.

"You can see most of the area from here," he explained once they arrived.

( Chiyo Chiyo )

Abigail had to agree with Evie; the last thing she wanted was to see the young human get her life taken away from her while she had so much left to experience. It was one of Abby's greatest regrets, being turned as she was and made an immortal teenager. There were so many life experiences she would never get the chance to have, and even if Vera thought that she wanted this life now...she deserved to have the chance to live long enough to change her mind. So of course she agreed then met with Vera in the bathroom. "Right. Okay. This is my first time going down to the Undercroft myself, you know. Gwyn said I never really needed to meet with the others, that it was just a bunch of politics that I was best staying out of. As if I'm a child that wouldn't understand," she huffed. If there was one thing she hated, it was being treated like a child. "Third tile above the tank..damn it, there!" She struggled a little, the blue haired immortal teen having not reached her full height yet by the time she was turned. Poor thing was teased relentlessly by Gwyn for their height differences. She turned it to the right twice then pushed it back in, jumping back when she heard the mechanism click. She shot a grin to Vera. "Got it! All right, stick close down here." Now that the stairs were revealed, she led the way down to the part of the bar that no one besides vampires ventured.

Reynarda Reynarda , NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Vera leaned against the sink as Abby walked in and followed her into the stall as she informed her of her inexperience in the Undercroft. “I only know what my mother and Evie would let me know. Evie said I t’s part of some old buildings the town built over along with the old sewer lines. It’s like Vampire Downtown.” She said as the toilet slid back into the wall and lifted, revealing a dark stairway that descended into the black. Vera pulled out her phone and switched on the flashlight. The light extended the view of the stairs a few feet but it still became an inky black void at the sight line limit. Vera clicked her tongue.

“Well that’s a long way down,” she mused, looking at her heels and Abby’s, “This is gonna be a pain in the foot for me. Do vampires feel pain in their arches from wearing heels all the time? Evie never does but she’s sneaky.” Vera said idly as she and her companion entered the black.

Gwyn listened to what her friend wanted her to do and internally nodded. Sounded like as good a plan as any. Especially since Gwyn didn't exactly have one; she just sort of did what ever came to mind and prayed for the best..which was usually what got herself and Evie into plenty of trouble during her sailing days. Looking around the bar as if she was trying to see who was there, she purposely let her gaze linger on Evie. The performer let a grin light her lips, a careful one to try to hide her fangs, and she placed her hands on the table. "Perfect, I know exactly who I need to introduce you to. See, you'd be doin' me a favor since I feel like she's been gettin' a little attached to me. And you know how it is, we're kindred spirits, me thinks. I prefer to be as free as the open sea, and maybe if she gets a little fun from someone else," she teased with a wink. She was making everything up on the spot to try to come up with a good cover story. Okay, and maybe she was having some fun trying to get a little under Evie's skin. It was payback for not being around in so long without a single letter.

She pushed up from the bar with a little hop and motioned for Bram to follow her. "Come on, lad, I think she'll take to you the best. Sorry, but it looks like your friend is otherwise busy anyways," she laughed. The vampire began leading him over to Evie and tapped on Evie's shoulder to pretend she needed to get her attention.

"Evie! Lookin' as lovely as ever. Let me introduce ya to a new friend I've made! Bram, this is Evie. Evie, Bram here is just in town with his friend for a road trip. Might you be interested in showin' him the sights?"
Reynarda Reynarda , NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Bram blinked at Gwyn. Well, that was a little sudden. He followed her gaze. The other woman--who Vlad had identified as a vampire previously--was definitely pretty. And, if she were not a vampire, he might actually give it a shot. But she was, and they were up to something.

He glanced over to Vlad, who was still talking to the flirting vampire. He briefly wondered what he would ever do if his friend actually decided to go along with anyone's advances. Realize Vlad had been given some sort of magic potion, he figured.

He wasn't really sure if this was divide and conquer, or what. But he wasn't going unarmed.

He turned to Vlad and found his new vampire friend was grinning and calling him handsome and joking about going somewhere private. Bram could tell by Vlad's posture that he was deeply concerned by this and wondering if this vampire was planning on murdering him in some dark alley.

Bram grinned and rested a hand on Vlad's shoulder. "Sorry to intrude on your conversation, but can I have my jacket back?"

Vlad passed it off--his cover was blown, away. "Where are you going?"

Bram grinned. "Gonna go meet a girl."

Vlad turned and glanced between Gwyn and Evie. He frowned, but Bram gave him a cheery wink. Vlad sighed. "Alright, but do not do anything I would not do."

Bram snorted as he pulled on his jacket--the clanking from the pockets sending shivers down Vlad's spine. "Then I'd never do anything fun," he said. Glancing over at Chase, Bram's grin widened and he winked. "Just have him back to me by morning, m'kay?"

Vlad shot Bram a confused look, but at the slayer's wolfish grinned, Vlad suddenly got it. His cheeks darkened. After eons of working with Abraham Leeuwen, precious few things could bring a blush to his face. Figuring out someone was hitting on him was one of them. What was he supposed to do?

Bram laughed as the pointed tips of Vlad's ears went pink. Ruffling his companion's hair, he slid from the bar stool. "Don't have too much fun."

"Abraham!" Vlad tried to get Bram to not abandon him to deal with this situation, but Bram escaped his attempt to grab a fistful of his jacket. Vlad quietly swore at him in Dutch. Bram only threw him a smirk over his shoulder as he followed Gwyn.

Bram turned to Evie and grinned jovially. He stuck out his hand. "Good to meet ya. You been in this town long? I wouldn't mind having such a gorgeous tour guide."
@redroseknight, Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime , NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Evie turned to Gwyn, a mock of surprise on her face. She rose and gave her a big embrace. “Well, if it isn’t mah favorite Bonnie Lass!” Evie drawled in a Southern accent. Decades living across the country allowed her to perfect the imitation to a near flawless act. She gave Gwyn a hug, her lips breathing in her ear, “Undercroft. Meeting. Soon.” She pulled back and put on the sweetest grin as she took in the young man. “Well, howwwdy! My name is Miss Evelynn Haywood! I’ve been a-comin’ to Sunset Bay since I was a lil gal workin’ with my daddy’s traveling daredevil act, “Hero Haywood”. I know all the best places for a nice thrill, dear.” She shook the man’s hand, her eyes flashing violet just for a second. Evie needed to gauge the man’s will to know just how strong his mind was. The weaker the mind, the more potent the influence could hold. She resolved to give him a simple prod.

“Well don’t you just look like the finest cow hand on the ranch! Come, have a seat! Take your hat off!” She said, wondering if he would reach towards his head to remove the nonexistent hat. If he did, his mind would be a fairly easy job without having to resort to getting him wasted. She motioned for Gwyn to sit beside her.

Vlad frowned. Could this kid see auras? That was a rare trait, even among vampires. He pondered this for a few seconds.

Vlad relaxed visibly as Chase assured him he was only out for a drink and some fun. That was a relief. He was more concerned about upsetting the poor guy than anything.

However, Chase's cheerful demeanor slipped when Vlad mentioned the hunter. Vlad was not in the position he was in due to charm, so he did not miss the slip. Despite his declaration to the contrary, Chase knew something. His question only confirmed it.

Vlad considered his question. The way this vampire was acting, someone he knew had been affected by this hunter. Wishing he had water or something--yeesh, this place was hopeless-- Vlad sighed. There was no real point in feigning innocence if Chase could sense things--auras or no.

"Well, that depends," Vlad said coolly. "If they are one of ours or one of theirs. No offence to your local ordinary criminal, but I doubt this hunter is merely human. If they are one of ours, well, there is more politics. If they are one of theirs, there is a bit of politics, but most likely they will be written up for being too obvious to the press, but left to their own devices." Vlad shrugged. "If this hunter is neither, well, I suppose that is a case-by-case basis."

And that did not even cover the messiness that would be the Council if they got involved. But more than anything he prayed it was not some ordinary human who had become suddenly wise to the existence of vampires. He and Bram would definitely disagree about what to with that one.

Bram was decidedly thrown by the sudden Southern accent. He was fairly sure he had heard her talking quietly in a very different accent. Still, whatever game she wanted to play was fine. He most likely would have been very much on board if her eyes hadn't screamed "vampire". He couldn't read auras, but one got an eye for vampires after being at this gig for as long as he had.

Still, as she took his hand and looked up at him, he couldn't help chuckle at her "cow hand on the ranch" bit. She was going all in, wasn't she?

He slid into the bench opposite Evie, absentmindedly reaching for his hat. Realizing he did not have a hat on--and rarely wore them ever--he chuckled. It had just been an expression. "And what sort of places are those, Miss Evelynn Haywood?"

Chase hummed, paying more attention to his drink than was strictly necessary.

"One of ours, huh?" He mused. Well, that was true enough, though he didn't know all the details. Adrian had the same haze over him that all vampires had, sure, but it was also weaker somehow. Chase had no idea why, or what could have caused it. He had definitely bitten him, but what happened afterwards was fuzzy even to him. A frown came to his face as he sipped his drink.

"Politics aren't my specialty," he admitted, though he'd already said he didn't go to the clan meetings anyways. "But I think the people around here are out for blood, no pun intended. If this hunter does exist, I pity him if he gets caught."

He was doing everything he could to prevent that from happening, though. After ruining Adrian's life, that was the least he could do.
( Reynarda Reynarda )

"Always with the fighting." Victor grumbled after they got to the overlook, " Spasibo...uh...thank you for willing to listen to us." He said as he walked up to where the binoculars were and looked past them into the clearing.

"Where are you little dove?" Victor said to himself then looked toward the sea. There were a couple of docks with boats stationed by them and then he saw a figure laying down near the edge of the water.

"There...down by the docks." He said motioning in that area then chuckled lightly. "She always did love the water." He said but then looked closely at the body, it was barely moving. "She may be in trouble." Victor said turning toward Adrian, "Come...we must get to her to see if she is alright."

Victor looked to find a better way to get to the docks with a human in tow, he didn't really trust Adrian but he had to set his anger aside because he was helping him find Tatianna.

Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime

Adrian in turn did not trust Victor, and he was happy that he still had his weapons hidden on him as he followed after him.

"I'm sure she's fine," he grumbled, not sure how he had gotten caught up in this sibling drama. If she was by the docks then there was no cover around in case things turned into a fight. Adrian also didn't know how to swim. He frowned, but he wasn't about to let these two go unsupervised.

"Don't thank me. Just because I agreed to listen doesn't mean I'm going to be swayed at all by your words," he pointed out as they got closer and closer to the ocean. It made Adrian a bit uncomfortable, though he tried his best not to show it on his face.

( Chiyo Chiyo )

Vlad nodded. Though, personally, if he caught the hunter, he intended to let the larger powers deal with him. No need for the idiot to get himself torn to shreds. Besides, there was something about the way Chase was acting. He knew more than he was letting on, obviously. What, exactly, that was concerned Vlad. He wished the man would be a little more forthcoming and even wondered how his alcohol tolerance was. Part of him also wished he had Bram's powers of flirtation, but the other part's teeth itched at the very thought of flirting.

"Well," Vlad sighed. "I know my way around politics. I am not too bad at it," he added, not out of humility, but because it was never a good idea to show one's cards all at once. "So it would certainly help solve this without bloodshed if you told me all you knew."

Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime

Chase stiffened, then an easy smile came over his face as he turned back to Vlad.

“Oh? What makes you think I’m not telling you everything?” He asked, leaning casually against the bar. “Or rather, if I was keeping secrets, what reason would I have to trust you with them? You’re cute, yes, but that’s not enough to make me spill my guts like a drunk.”

He turned back to his drink, though he showed no signs of getting drunk quite yet.

“No offence, Vlad, but if you want to have a serious heart to heart here, you’re gonna have to give me more than just a few words about solving this peacefully.”

He eyed him critically, squinting a little bit as though trying to read his features.

“I help you, you gotta help me. Deal?”

( Reynarda Reynarda )

Victor mumbled under his breath but let the situation go once they got closer to the docks. He could see Tatianna laying down but she was slightly on the edge, almost looking like she was about to fall in but realised once they got closer that she had her arm in the water.

"There you are little dove." Victor said as he knelt down beside her and pulled her arm out of the water. He could instantly see what had put her in this state. "It's alright...I will do what I can to get you free." Victor said when Tatianna hissed in pain when he sat her up against him. "Is HE here with you?" She said in a low weak voice, she could kind of smell Adrian but didn't see him.

Victor grunted softly confirming what she asked then pulled out what looked like a knife and started to cut away the necklace that was around Tatianna's arm.

Burying her face in Victor's shoulder to cover her groans and half screams as Victor peeled away the last piece of the necklace. Panting hard Tatianna leaned into his arms as he tossed the thing that caused her suffering into the water. "Here drink." Victor said cutting his wrist and holding it up to her lips, Tatianna sank her fangs into his wrist and drank.

As the blood filled her mouth, Tatianna moaned softly as she fed then looked up and saw Adrian. She pulled away from Victor's wrist and licked her lips, all the while looking over at Adrian's direction wondering what he might do now that he had both of them together and surrounded by water.

"So.." Tatianna began, her voice sounded void of emotion, "I guess you want to know the truth on why we left our home country, yes?" She moved to sit on her knees as Victor knelt down beside her, all the while Tatianna's eyes still on Adrian...well his hands at least. She didn't want him to think that she might glamor him or anything before she told her story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back