• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Suncrest Complex

Ploot
The moment the man looked like he was better, Adelaide put her hands down and calmed down too. He smiled at her and she did her best to smile back. "I'm glad you aren't-uh oh, He's gone!" She watched him go into the cafe. 'Yeah seeing a scary movie does not seem like a good idea for him.' She grabbed her phone, deciding to text James before she did anything else stupid.

Pluto had finally stopped chewing on his sleeve after some time. He had instead been playing Crossy road while waiting for the movie to start. 'Crap, playing as a barbecue is making me hungry.' He thought it would be a good idea to finally try some food at this cafe.
All he did was sit up. He only wanted a snack. But his worst fear had come true. He yelped when some guy fell over him.
'Oh no! Instead of me tripping over a hot guy, Someone tripped over me! Am I the hot guy?' turning to look down at Ollie, Pluto could see that he was not the hot guy. "Holy crap the hot guy tripped over me!" Pluto whispered to himself in awe.
He blushed, was it just him or was it getting hot in the room? "A-are you ok?" Pluto nervously bit his lip. Ollie looked as if he had just accepted death. Pluto scooted closer to make sure he wasn't dead.
'uh hey buddy...please don't be dead. You looked like you fell pretty hard there."

Quillicious Quillicious

Sasha Thompson
2lngxev.jpg
Sasha looked a little puzzled when Eleanor suggested that she had hit her head. Sasha tried explaining things as if she were talking to a child, that usually worked better. No, I didn't hit my head Eleanor. I fixed the elevator and tuned one of my machines to make it more efficient.

Sasha looked into the cafe, now realizing she was actually out of the cafe. She returned her gaze to Eleanor and said, A movie and a salad sounds like a great idea. I'll go find a seat while I wait. Thank you Eleanor.

Sasha failed to offer a smile, as was her usual manner, and began making her way into the cafe when there was a sudden commotion. Looking over, she saw two men intertwined on the floor. The yelp of surprise and pain caught her ear though, so she made her way over.

She looked down, seeing Pluto. She's never met the other man before, but knew him to be Oliver. In a rather monotonic voice she said, Hello Pluto. Hello Oliver. Are either of you hurt? I have morphine if you need it.

Sasha reached into one of her skirt pockets and pulled out a syringe. It had a plastic cap on the tip so she didn't poke herself, and a clear liquid inside. She held it in her hand while she waited for the two men to finish wrestling each other.

Current Events Offering morphine to Oliver and Pluto, which is a normal human way of helping, in the cafe. Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai Quillicious Quillicious

Anastasia Glick
2chq15k.jpg
Anastasia was at the table closest to the door, so she could hear conversations going on outside. She watched all the people in the cafe as the hunted for their seats, conversing with each other like a family. This complex seemed very friendly, it almost made her want to go and try to join the others.

She noticed a man come in, was he staring at her? At the same time a strange conversation was going on outside. Sounded like something out of Star Trek. She saw another girl walk in, she was wearing a yellow plaid skirt, and, wait, was she barefoot?

Another conversation outside trailed off as the man, still staring at her, tripped over someone, letting out a yelp that made her chuckle, while also bringing her to her feet for fear of his life as he took his tumble. Anastasia stood there in shock, her body tensing up. She wanted to rush over and see if they were OK, but it seemed the oddly dressed barefoot woman was already on the job. Wait, was that a needle? Wait, where did Jarde go?

Anastasia her no voiced in her head currently. This was turning into an odd night indeed, though she was intrigued nonetheless. She slowly sat down as the commotion settled a little bit, and continued to keep a watchful eye on the scenario.

Current Events Watching the three stooges in the cafe. Genjiomnom Genjiomnom Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai Quillicious Quillicious

Ollie
Ollie merely remained on the floor, cushioned by Pluto's blanket. First, he flipped out over an innocent, friendly scare, then he tripped over someone. He couldn't believe his bad luck. Blinking a couple times at the victim, Ollie doubted that he himself was more embarrassed than this guy. Maybe the girl didn't see what happened and things weren't totally ruined from the start. His eyes met the amber ones of the person sitting next to him, and he sat up. "Heh, don't worry, a fall like that won't kill me."
But those eyes might...

A woman's approaching footsteps, barefoot, strangely, alerted him to Sasha. Tearing his gaze from Pluto's, Ollie finally learned his name, but was confused as to why the girl knew who he was. When she drew a syringe from her skirt pocket, he immediately grew nervous and scooted away, into Pluto. Needles were the worst. Ollie shook his head violently at the offer. With my luck, I'd get addicted.

Interactions
Pluto - Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai
Sasha - Genjiomnom Genjiomnom

Pluto
Wide eyes filled with worry looked down at the other male. 'Ah! Why is he just laying there? This is the second person I talk to here and I have already killed him!'
Pluto could have fainted when Ollie assured him he was alright. All the worry was washed away as he gave a sigh of relief and a small smile. "That's good! You scared me for a second there." He nervously chuckled. He brushed some of his bright hair out of his face. His face was still a bit red and it didn't look like it would be going away anytime soon, especially when Sasha walked up to them. He hadn't quite registered what she was saying until he heard her mention morphine.
"Sasha no! We don't need any of that stuff! Where did you even get that stuff?"
Oliver had scooted closer to him. Oh boy. Maybe Sasha was helping. Noticing Ollie shaking his head pretty fast, Pluto was pulled from his nervous thoughts. "I think your needle is scaring him."

Genjiomnom Genjiomnom Quillicious Quillicious

Felix Oliver Rose
09c5649a33ba4707ab8710b1daf104aa.jpg

"Ellie, huh? I'm going to go meet up with this Ellie and see if I can fancy myself with a room here." With that Marco was gone, walking away to try and lock down an apartment in the Complex. Felix could not help a small, disappointing frown from appearing on his face, until Marco turned quickly. "Thanks for helping me out by the way, cutie. Hopefully I can get back in time before the first movie starts!" This, quite possibly, was one of the best worst things to say to Felix. His face turned redder than the roses he sells, his voice going an octave higher. "Oh, y-you're welcome?" rubbing the back of his head Felix watched Marco walk away, wondering what just happened.

Shaking his head he stepped forward, paying for his ticket, dropping a vote into the box for The Conjuring. Felix stepped aside from the door, not going in yet seeing as it seemed as if some there was some sort of scene going on just inside. Normally he would go and help, but he was so unused to being complimented that he was extremely flustered, taking a second to breath and calm himself.

Mentions/Interactions/Location Mentions: Idk what is going on and who all is involved but I caught enough to know that someone fell into a needle?
Interactions: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712

Sasha Thompson
2lngxev.jpg
A fear of needles was a trivial thing to Sasha. Needles delivered medicine that made people feel better, and she even had a specially designed needle that causes no pain. She respected Oliver's fears nonetheless, tucking the needle back into her pocket.

Sasha answered Pluto's odd inquiry with a little simple common sense. I have many chemicals I use for experiments. I was carrying this morphine in case someone got hurt, it's great for pain.

In a very awkward and sharp transition Sasha asked Pluto, I don't normally watch movies, but Eleanor said I could watch a movie with my salad. Is it alright if I sit with you for the duration? Sasha stood there patiently, awaiting an answer, though she expected rejection. Pluto was nice though, like Eleanor, so it's possible, she figured, that he would let her sit with him.

Current Events Having normal conversation with Oliver and Pluto in the cafe. Quillicious Quillicious Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai

Ollie
As Sasha did away with the needle, Ollie exhaled deeply. He had been holding his breath from fright. Face burning, he turned away from Pluto. His fear of a lot of things wasn't the most becoming trait. Though Pluto himself seemed pretty flustered, Ollie didn't want to escalate the awkwardness of the situation. It was quickly turning into a scene. His neck felt hot as he anticipated people's inquisitive looks in his direction. Sasha's request to sit with Pluto raised the concern of if Ollie was getting in the way of anything going on with the two. He stood quickly, clearing his throat softly. "I'll just, uh, go ahead and go, then," Ollie muttered. "N-nice meeting you two. S-sorry for t-tripping over you, Pluto." Biting his lip, he started to walk away, but realized that he had no idea where he was going. Please kill me now.

Interactions

~Marco Galbo~

KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
After his brief conversation with Ellie's old man, Marco made his way upstairs with a wide grin on his face as he held the keys to his new room in his hand. Relieved that he'd finally gotten himself a room in this joint, Marco could make his way to the second floor before dashing down the hallway, skidding to a stop when he finally came across the room that beard the same number that was on his room key.

"Jeff n' Jodi are gonna be jealous when they check out-" Upon opening the door, though, his once excited smile turned into a frown of shock as he found that his room was completely empty. No bed. No tables. No furniture. Nothing.

"Dah hell is this!?" Marco stepped into the room to look around, confirming that it was entirely empty, "What am I supposed to do!? Bring all of my stuff over to-"

His eyes widened in realization. Or, to be more specific, the realization that the complex, much to him not paying attention to Abigail, was not a hotel. Dropping his backpack and dashing down the hallway, down the stairs, through the main lobby, and out the front entrance, he was horrified to find that Abigail was not there.

"Ooooh craaaaap." Was the only thing that groaned out of Marco's mouth, with his hands planted against the sides of his head as horror and regret stained his face, "Why didn't I listen to her...?"

******​

~Lucius Typhon~
As Marco groveled onto the sidewalk, now realizing the situation he was in, another young man casually walked up to Marco and stared down at him, holding a warm coffee in his hand. The young man wore a dark blue, buttoned up shirt with a white undershirt underneath, as well as a grey, tucked-in scarf around his neck. He wore lighter blue jeans, as well as a pair of black shoes and a pair of circular black glasses. The young man's skin was also much lighter than Marco's, and his hair was dark and silky with a faint hue of blue, as if it was dyed that way.

Idiot, the young man thought to himself as he shook his head in petty, as if he knew who Marco was. Turing away from Marco, though, we went on to enter the lobby of the Suncrest Complex and stand in line to receive his ticket and vote for The Conjuring. He always admired James Wan and his seemingly natural affinity to horror, providing Hollywood with films that are actually intelligent, innovative and make use of clever methods of scaring audiences other than mediocre cliques.

Pulling out his pocket watch to give a quick look at the time, he then put it away, taking a sip from his coffee before turning towards another young man standing by the door to the cafe (which had been made into a theater for tonight's movie) and formally asked in a relaxed tone of voice, "Pardon me, but do you perhaps know what time the movie will start. Or, the movie that the residents here voted for?"

Pluto
"Oh Sasha. You will never stop amazeing me." He sighed at the answer. Was she always like this with other people? Was this just what she was naturally like? He may never know.
"Yes you can sit with me, Sasha." He fixed the blanket he was sitting on, making sure there was enough room, which there was, and patted the spot to the left of him. He looked up at Ollie when he said he was going to leave. He looked kind of confused and even more embarrassed. It was making Pluto feel flustered too! He couldn't just let him walk off like that.
"Hey wait! Uh, Oliver! Why don't you stay? I can um..." He thought for a second about what he could do for both Sasha and Oliver. "How about I buy everyone something to eat? It would be a waste for you to have bought a ticket and then just leave." He scratched at his shulder, nervously awaiting Oliver's answer. "I mean if you don't want to, That's ok..."

Sasha Thompson
2lngxev.jpg
With Pluto's permission, Sasha took her seat in her usual cross legged fashion. Oliver had made his exit, though Sasha didn't pay attention, she was busy thinking about quark particles. Her thoughts leaked out through her mouth, I wonder if that could stabilize the triangulation system. Hmm.

Sasha snapped back when Pluto had offered to buy her a meal. While it was a nice thought, Sasha already had food on the way. Sasha gave a little bow in thanks, Thank you Pluto, but Eleanor is already working on food for me, that's why I'm here. I don't normally watch movies otherwise. Sasha looked at Pluto and gave a half smile before returning to her thoughts.

Current Events Sitting with Pluto at the cafe movie. Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai Quillicious Quillicious

Ollie
Before Ollie could escape the mess, Pluto stopped him. What a peculiar guy. It seemed as if he didn't want him to go. The offer of food came up, but Ollie felt a little uneasy about that. After Sasha declined, he thought that it would be okay to do so as well, but for different reasons. One of them being he didn't trust anyone making food for him if he couldn't see it himself. He'd pass it off as being polite, however. "Yeah, I'm fine, too," Ollie replied. "Thanks for the offer, though. Maybe some other time."

Hesitating slightly, Ollie debated on whether or not to stay and watch the movie with Pluto and Sasha or not. On one hand, he'd be saving him from rejection. On the other, he could stay comfortable and isolated. Risk-taking wasn't his strong suit in the slightest. "I don't wanna make things worse. It's fine, you two can have fun without me. Nice meeting you guys." With that, he walked off to the side of the room, deciding on taking a spot against the wall. Scanning the room, he spotted that girl again. Mentally, Ollie punched himself for being creepy. He didn't know why, but he felt his gaze was drawn to her constantly.

Interactions

Felix Oliver Rose

After taking a few moments to steady himself, Felix was breathing easily again, the redness gone from his face. Turning to enter the cafe turned theater he was surprised by another person suddenly in front of him. "Pardon me, but do you perhaps know what time the movie will start. Or, the movie that the residents here voted for?" The man was dressed formally, like he had just come from a business meeting, standing tall above Felix. Which was not hard since Felix is not exactly a big person.

Running a hand through his hair Felix exhaled, thinking for a moment.
"I am not sure when the movie will start, but it should be sometime soon. As for what the residents have voted... I am afraid I do not know as well. I have lived at the Complex for some time and still do not know many of my neighbors." Giving an awkward chuckle Felix smiled. "I guess that is what happens when you focus too much on work."

Mentions/Interactions/Locations Mentions: N/A
Interactions: DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712
Locations: Suncrest Lobby :: Cafe Entrance

Felix Oliver Rose

After taking a few moments to steady himself, Felix was breathing easily again, the redness gone from his face. Turning to enter the cafe turned theater he was surprised by another person suddenly in front of him. "Pardon me, but do you perhaps know what time the movie will start. Or, the movie that the residents here voted for?" The man was dressed formally, like he had just come from a business meeting, standing tall above Felix. Which was not hard since Felix is not exactly a big person.

Running a hand through his hair Felix exhaled, thinking for a moment.
"I am not sure when the movie will start, but it should be sometime soon. As for what the residents have voted... I am afraid I do not know as well. I have lived at the Complex for some time and still do not know many of my neighbors." Giving an awkward chuckle Felix smiled. "I guess that is what happens when you focus too much on work."

Mentions/Interactions/Locations Mentions: N/A
Interactions: DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712
Locations: Suncrest Lobby :: Cafe Entrance
~Lucius Typhon~

FrazzledFox FrazzledFox
"Well in that case, I might as well fetch myself a seat before they're all taken," Lucius chuckled with a soft grin, having mannerisms like that of a dignified gentleman, "And Indeed, work can be quite the time-consumer. Though I've found that working in a job that you enjoy can be quite beneficial to the mind and the soul. That is, if you find the privilege of acquiring a job you enjoy through shear luck."

With a relaxed sigh, the handsome man took a quick glimpse at his pocket watch, before slightly bowing his head towards Felix as he then said, "Thank you very much for you're time." And with that, as suddenly as he met Felix, he left to the cafe to find himself a seat, like a phantom drifting aimlessly in the cold, yet gentle breeze.

~ Saren Hyatt ~
That night in Nick's room had really freaked the woman out. She had ended up leaving after all. When security showed up, they had made it pretty clear Nick would be on some sort of lock down until they figured out how the girl had gotten in. Of course they didn't find anything. Saren actually believed she had teleported in or something. It was quite unreal, yet as weird as the girl was it didn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Not with her. In the end, Saren had struggled on her own to finish the song. What more was that she had left that cake at Nick's house. And his cold exterior was breaking down, I could feel it! Mental crying. Oh well. Another time to collab perhaps.

Saren was about to take a break from lyric writing. After submitting the most recent song, she had about a week or two before she had to focus on her next assignment. She had been selected to write a theme song to a popular drama show. A forbidden love and action story revolving around fallen angels. Not to mention the male lead was pretty hot, and she would be able to visit the cast on set. And the female lead is perfect for the part. I wonder if they might fall in love for real? It wasn't uncommon for actors and actresses on set to form real bonds off camera. But there are also rumors about a second love interest. Another male. They say Ryan Huagi will play the part. If that's true then I'm not sure what team I should be on??! Saren was getting chills from just imagining it.

Saren had spent the morning as usual, not leaving her room. Then listening to music and dancing the afternoon away with Zara. But now, as she sat down in front of her computer, in a red top and black shorts, she sent a few necessary emails. She couldn't just start an animal shelter out of thin air. It was a work in progress. But knowing she had the support of a fellow friend, Sam, made her feel invincible. If she could also get Nick to co-op, it would also boost the recognition of the shelter. And recognition is what fueled volunteers. But if not, she was certain she could still make her dreams come true. Because she did not step out much, Saren had no clue of the Friday movie night. Hell. She thought movie night was a rumor.

Pulling out her cell phone, she leaned back in her chair and messaged Sam, all the while reaching down with her right hand to scratch behind Zara's ears.

Sam (:
me
Hey, want to hangout tonight? We could also discuss the shelter. (Unless you are busy, I completely understand)

KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

~ Ian Lassiter ~
Interacting With: Ollie
Oh, the life of Ian Lassiter. He was thrilled to resume his rather simple lifestyle. That other day was way, way crazy. Something like so was entertaining though he had decided. Every once in awhile anyways. Tonight was movie night. Warren always found the horror movies far too scary for his liking. Ian on the other hand, was going to this one. He loved all sorts of movies, and nothing really frightened him per-say. Not the usual gore, ghosts, and murder anyways. No, Ian probably had other triggers. Walking down to the cafe, he quickly voted, avoiding eye contact with Ellie as much as he could. He voted for the Grudge, as it seemed the most scary out of all the choices. She probably thinks I dislike her. He figured. He usually came off as that guy that kept to himself; that guy with resting bitch face on 24/7.

He had unfortunately witnessed all of the guy's trip and awkward fleeing to the side of the room. Ian's eyes followed him and his stare at the girl in the crowd. Ian personally hadn't seen either of them before. Then again, he didn't make it his business to keep tabs on every member at the complex. But it was written all over the guy's face. He was falling hard for this girl, and literally. She wasn't Ian's type, but then again did he really have a type? Ellie was a looker, but that's all she would ever be. A girl to admire. She seemed so perfect, and that was exactly why Ian couldn't have her. Maybe he was attracted to the successful and confident type? Like Saren. Nah. Too wealthy. He liked a more simplistic girl. One that wouldn't stand out. Definitely not like his neighbor Sasha...though she could be cute at times. Ugh. Yeah. thinking about girls really made his head hurt. It was a bit of a pain. Or a lot of a pain. Relationships were a pain. It was easier to refrain from them at all costs.

Walking up to the guy after having bought his ticket successfully, he leaned against the wall beside him. "You're making it way too obvious. Why did you walk away? The view is probably better when you don't have to squint through the crowd."

KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Quillicious Quillicious Genjiomnom Genjiomnom Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai (Mentioning people in the area as well. Hopefully pictures will make their way back into my posts when I'm not feeling so lazy haha)

• Samuel (Sam) Nightlock
    9b4f9f27709e795e7194a28824dc0de3.jpg
    Sitting at the bench, Sam watched Luke run around in the rain. He couldn't stop laughing as the german shepherd ran around in a clear raincoat. It wasn't his idea to have the poor canine wear the ridiculous outfit, but the last time he brought Luke home, soaking wet, he didn't hear the end of it from his mother.

"Come on, boy! Let's get you out of the ridiculous thing!" he called out to his best friend and companion. As he got up from the bench and clipping Luke back on his leash, he felt his cell phone go off. Fishing it out of his pocket, Sam smiled at the message Saren sent him. As he and Luke headed back inside the building, he texted Saren back.

Saren
    them
    Hey, want to hang out tonight? We could also discuss the shelter. (Unless you are busy, I completely understand)
    me
    Hey Saren. Always free to talk about the shelter with you. Especially when I am not going to Movie Night.

As we entered back into the Lobby, Sam noticed the line was much smaller and his sisters were just entering the Cafe with a bunch of their friends. Ellie waved at him as she called out,
    "Are you sure you don't want me to save you a seat?" Sam laughed sarcastically, knowing she was messing with him, "Nice try, Ellie! I'm not about to get tortured for two hours tonight!" Sam could hear her laugh as he entered the elevator. Giving her one final wave as the doors closed, he rode the elevator back to his floor.

Interacting: Saren NyxNightmare NyxNightmare
    Mention: N/A

Last edited:
Pluto
Oliver had turned him down. Pluto was fine with that. It wasn't like he thought Oliver was cute or anything and just wanted to talk to him longer. No, of course not. Pluto waved goodbye to Oliver before turning to Sasha and smiling. He fidgeted with his left sleeve a bit, "Well that was something, So what movie did you vote for" he asked. When hearing that she doesn't usually watch movies, he couldn't help but wonder what movies she would be interested in.
Just then, Adelaide had come to join them both. She had missed Oliver tripping over Pluto and such. It was good she hadn't witnessed it, if she had then she would've laughed at Pluto. After making sure everyone was alright of course!
"Hey Pluto, what did yo-oh!" Upon seeing Pluto sitting with a girl, she quietly gasped. Covering her little smirk with the back of her hand. "So Pluto, who is your friend here~?" Pluto knew that Adelaide was in a weird playful mood. It was embarrassing when anyone else witnessed it.
"This is Sasha. Remember, the girl I met on the first day?"
"Oooh! This is Sasha!? She's so much cuter than how you described her!" She was smiling so much it nearly blinded him. He couldn't help but blush. Adelaide was getting the wrong idea, as usual. Pluto hadn't been with anyone since he dated James' brother and Adelaide was eager to meet anyone who might date Pluto. She was also always surprised to see him with a girl.
"Adelaide, please. I'm already embarrassed. Just sit down." Adelaide started laughing, pretty loud. It was as if she was drunk. But unlike how James could get drunk after about 50 cups of vodka, Adelaide got drunk off of laughter. Her time upstairs laughing had brought out her very playful side. She sat down next to Pluto, making sure he was comfortably sandwiched between Sasha and her. She leaned over to look past Pluto and smile at Sasha. "It's nice to meet you, Sasha! Pluto has told me a lot about you. My name is Adelaide."

~ Saren Hyatt ~
Interacting with- Sam KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

The blue LED light flashed upon the corner of her cellular device, and Saren stopped scratching Zara as she opened the message from Sam. Only, it wasn't him. No, that message would come later. Instead it was from Saren's father. Her eyes immediately clouded over with annoyance as her thumbs tapped the screen.

The Father
them
Hello my angel (: !!! Have you been eating well? It's not too lonely there is it? You are making friends? Of course you are. My girl is a capable young woman! I know, I know. I heard about your shelter idea. Are you sure you can handle this? You know the family business is already established right here for you :D
me
Of course father. Don't coddle me, I AM a woman now! I believe in my capabilities for this project. You already know my thoughts about the family business.
them
Alright, Alright. Just know you always have a back up to fall on. What about your love life? Desolate I hope? :D
me
-___- You hope???
them
I'm ready to give you up to your dreams, but not to another man! :angryfrown:
them
Or to a woman...if you roll that way ;D
them
Saren? Angel?? :angel: I promise I won't discriminate if you are into women sexually! :3:
them
You know I love you! I could ...you know. Teach you all about how to woe a woman, your father is said to be quite the charmer you know :blowkiss:

Saren groaned as she laid her head on the desk in front of her. No dad, I'm not a lesbian. As far as I know anyways. And even if I was I wouldn't want your sexual advice. Ugh grossss!!! And what is up with all those smiley faces??? Act your own age father! She was about to just pitch her phone across the room onto her bed when the light flashed again, and Sam's name appeared on the notification. Finally, a message to cleanse my mind. Reading his message did offer some peace for her, and she replied back,

Sam (:
me
Hey, want to hangout tonight? We could also discuss the shelter. (Unless you are busy, I completely understand)
them
Hey Saren. Always free to talk about the shelter with you. Especially when I am not going to Movie Night.
me
What? Movie night is actually a thing here?? Would you like to meet somewhere, or either of our apartments is acceptable as well.

Sam wasn't exactly in that friend stage yet, she had only met him once. But he was easy to be around, and as a potential business partner she wanted to form a bond with him. She was often close with her clients, and she had to be in order to write meaningful songs for them. But having a true friendship, one that bloomed from something other than work was special and cherish-able. This shelter was a dream for Saren, and as much as she loved music, she loved animals even more. Being able to share this dream with others, she was sure something beautiful would come out of it

~ Ian Lassiter ~
Interacting with: Ollie & Lexi KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Quillicious Quillicious .​

As he was waiting for the guy to respond, he turned his head towards the sweet voice that called his name. It was the girl from the supermarket. Right. What an unlucky event that had been. But two kind souls had aided him, and a bit of him figured he wouldn't see them ever again. Even if they resided in the complex along with him. Maybe they wouldn't recall him, he had figured. But it seemed you couldn't count on life to be a ton of figures. Because here the woman was, in front of him, flesh and blood. "Hey." He had merely acknowledged her presence with his usual indifferent attitude. He was grateful for her introduction to the man beside him, otherwise he wouldn't have remembered her name. He didn't bother remembering names of those he didn't think he would interact with again. It was the reason he hadn't introduced himself yet to the man beside him. Though, with Lexi's calling out to him it was obvious by now without needing a proper introduction on Ian's part.

Lexi's accent dipped into the all time high, and his eyes widened slightly. He wasn't used to hearing such thick accents before, or being around foreigners in general. It was intriguing to the ears, so much that he actually removed the ear-buds in his ears to hear better; looping them around his to lay over the front of his chest. He often kept them in, even when he wasn't listening to music- like the case had been when he entered the cafe for movie night. "You didn't strike me as the horror movie type." He spoke up, his eyes focusing on Lexi.

Last edited:
Samuel (Sam) Nightlock
Back in his apartment, Sam sat beside his mother as they watched the news and dried off Luke's feet before allowing him to roam around the house. There was nothing but idiocy in the news as he felt his phone go off once more.

Saren
them
Hey, want to hang out tonight? We could also discuss the shelter. (Unless you are busy, I completely understand)
me
them
What? Movie night is actually a thing here?? Would you like to meet somewhere, or either of our apartments is acceptable as well.
me
Every other Friday is movie night. Sure, you name the place and we'll meet there. Just that the Cafe is out of the question since they are closed for the movie viewing.

"Are to bothering your sisters again?" Lauren asked him.

Sam gasped dramatically as he responded,
"Me bothering! No, how could I!? But, I'm not talking to the girls. I gave them the night since it's the weekend..."

"So you don't mind having the girls inviting their male friends as well?" she asked almost testing him.

Sam gave his mother a smile and responded,
"I have eyes at the Cafe to send me a report..."

"Ellie?"

"...Yeah," he said with a bit of a delay, which Lauren just let out a deep sigh.

Alexis (Lexi) Stone
3f36e5ad0d9ad398417aa043500783a2.jpg
Lexi looked at the two gentelmen before her, when Ian spoke out to her, "You didn't strike me as the horror movie type."

Lexi shrugged as she chuckled, "Not my first pick, I just like them for the rush. There's nothing better than a quick jump scare to get the heart pumping."

Lexi tightened her hold on her blanket, remembering she was wearing her lazy closest she normally would wear around the apartment. If I knew he was going to be here, I would have worn something better then my kitty pajama pants and tank top...

"Well, I'll just be over there," she pointed to the open spot behind Ian, "If you guys get tired of standing around, there is plenty of blankets to share." With that, she waved them goodbye and began to set up the blanket to soften the cold tile floors of the cafe.

Interacting: Ian NyxNightmare NyxNightmare | Ollie Quillicious Quillicious

Ollie
As Ollie nervously eyed the girl, he continued to mentally beat himself for being über creepy. This was a new low for him. What's up her? She just seems so...I can't explain it. You're being a borderline stalker, stop. Ugh. Then, someone actually began to interact with him. It was a guy, making a comment on how he was giving the girl the thousand-yard stare. When he tossed in his two cents, Ollie turned his head at him, just looking at the man. He blinked once, twice, thrice, at a loss for words. Being caught staring was embarrassing, almost as much as being called out for fleeing. The hell? Where'd this guy come from? No idea. Is he trying to show he's competing? Maybe he's attempting to facilitate a relationship between us. Whatever the newcomer was doing, it left Ollie speechless. His mouth hung slightly open, and he closed it when a girl decided to join the fray. Why did he attract so many people? Is there a sign above my head saying "Come talk to me!" or what?! He merely stared at the slim hand that was hovering in front of him. The look on his face seemed as if he was observing some foreign object that had fallen from the sky. Her voice was pretty, though, and strangely soothing. Ooh, English! How exotic! And she's not bad-looking, either~. Stop! No, she's cute! I said STOP! NO! STOP! I'LL ADMIRE ANY GIRL I WANT TO!!!

Oliver looked like a gear had come loose in his head. A conversation ensued between the two as he continued to argue with...himself? Whatever was trying to get him to check out the foreign girl in front of him. His mouth moved, and he expected a proper, smooth introduction with a witty comment on the back end of a compliment that would flatter Lexi and leave a good impression. The eyes in the room put a bunch of pressure on him, but Ollie figured that he'd be fine. However, he just interrupted the woman as she gave her generous offer.

All he said as he plopped himself down was:

"H-hi...thanks, p-pretty..."

Interactions
Ian - NyxNightmare NyxNightmare
Lexi - KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

~ Ian Lassiter ~
Interacting with: Lexi KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint & Ollie Quillicious Quillicious

And so the guy never actually replied to either Lexi nor him. Probably shouldn't have expected anything. Especially from the way he was staring holes into that girl. But Ian couldn't really judge, as he pulled a previous memory of staring at Ellie. Scratching the back of his neck in a bit of embarrassment, he willed the thought away. It was just once! And completely unintentional! And I'm positive it didn't last that long.
Ian needed to distract himself from such horrid thoughts, and Lexi's kitty pajamas were perfect. He held back a smile, as he thought one of them looked like one his own cats. But a small chuckle ended up escaping his lips anyways.

Lexi's offer began to hover over both him and the other guy, but the other guy seemed to be a bit troubled. Like he was thinking of a massive plan of sorts. Ian wasn't sure, but as the guy took a seat down on the blanket beside Lexi, and spoke quietly, Ian stared at them both blankly for a few seconds, raising his brow skeptically. Damn....what a player. Got to give him props. But I hope that's not his A-game. The man was really making use of his time here. Figuring this would be an interesting trail of events, Ian joined Lexi and the guy and sat down. He hadn't thought of bringing blankets. But it was a good idea. Running his hands over the soft fabric, he allowed himself to relax a little bit. He wondered if she would actually be charmed by the man's words. After the whole ordeal with Sasha, he was completely open minded about the possibilities in life. Anything could happen.

Since Lexi mentioned loving the rush that jump scares provided, he wondered if he could manage to scare her at some point through the movie. But quickly diminished the idea, as it was guaranteed to draw attention to him within the crowd, and he didn't care for that. "Ah, right. I still owe you. Have you thought about anything you want?" Ian questioned Lexi, his eyes had been kept forward at the large screen, seemingly disinterested. Suddenly he dared to glance over at Lexi's pajama pants once more, and he asked a little hesitantly, "You...like cats huh? Do you...have some of your own?" His usual nonchalant gaze held a particular light in them now despite the dim room; clearly anticipating her answer.

~ Saren Hyatt ~
Interacting with: Sam KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Saren's a confident girl, and confident people can make decisions in the blink of an eye. But why did she feel a bit lost after reading Sam's text? I could recommend a lot of places to meet up. But it is raining after all. And running around in the rain only really works if you plan on kissing in it at the end. Or...something like that. Then it came to her. The one place that was perfect for doing research.

Sam (:
me
them
me
them
Every other Friday is movie night. Sure, you name the place and we'll meet there. Just that the Cafe is out of the question since they are closed for the movie viewing.
me
Why don't we meet up in the computer lab on the main floor? It's usually pretty private, and they have a large white board on the wall that would be perfect for collaborating. Oh! Since you mentioned being a vet student, if you could bring any text books you might have laying around?

She didn't mention what she wanted them for. But truly it piqued her curiosity. Her knowledge in medical topics were slim, and she always wondered how difficult it really was. Saren had exemplary business management skills due to her upbringing. Science or health was never included in her training. And so she kissed Zara on the forehead, checked to be sure her food and water bowl were filled, and headed out with her computer tablet in hand. She often kept a lot of her designs and information stored onto it.

Alexis (Lexi) Stone
As Lexi took a seat on her blanket, enough room on either side of her for anyone that wished to have seat, she heard the other man shyly whispered and taking a seat beside her, "H-hi...thanks, p-pretty..."

Lexi couldn't help but laugh, a bit bashful for the compliment, "Why, thank you for the compliment." She smiled at his and turned to Ian as he stood there for a moment, but then took the empty seat on the other side.

"Ah, right. I still owe you. Have you thought about anything you want?" Ian asked looking forward to the white screen.

Lexi shook her head and answered, "Really, it's no need."

"You...like cats huh? Do you...have some of your own?" Ian asked as he looked at my pajama pants.

A light shade of red went to my cheeks from the embarrassment. Not many of the other guests here were wearing pajamas, some wore their comfortable clothing. Nodding she answered,
"Yeah, I have a little Munchin Kitten. His name is Samson." As she looked away from him, a thought came to her mind. "What size are you..." she asked abruptly then apologized, "I'm so sorry, It's just that I need someone to help me with some fittings. I make clothes, so I need someone to wear the designs, in order to fix them."

Lexi turned to the Barista bar where Ellie was helping make drinks as she continued, "I asked Ellie to help with the female designs but I need a male to help, well, with the male ones. If you don't mind having needles occasionally pinching you, that is."

Mention: N/A​

Samuel (Sam) Nightlock
After his back and forth banter with Lauren, Sam laid on the couch as Luke played himself comfortably on top of him. "You know, you aren't a lap dog, right?" Sam asked his dog and companion as he pets him. He didn't mind Luke being this way, but when company came around, he loved to claim people by sitting on them. Sam turned to his cell phone as it went off, and he responded back to Saren.

Saren
them
me
them
me
Every other Friday is movie night. Sure, you name the place and well meet there. Just that the Cafe is out of the question since they are closed for the movie viewing.
them
Why don't we meet up in the computer lab on the main floor? It's usually pretty private, and they have a large whiteboard on the wall that would be perfect for collaborating. Oh! Since you mentioned being a vet student, if you could bring any textbooks you might have laying around?
me
Sound good, meet you down there in a bit.

"Sorry boy, but I have to go," he announced to Luke as he pushed him off of him. Sam walked to his room and picked up his four textbooks that he still kept with him. They were textbooks that covered household pets, and one of them covered horses. I wonder what she needs them for... Shrugging he announced to Lauren, "I'm heading out! I'll be at the computer lab if you need me."

"The computer lab? You have a perfectly working one here," she said as she pointed at the old PC in the living room.

"I'm meeting someone there," he reassured, "I won't be long, I still have to work tomorrow." With that, he walked out of the apartment and took the stairs down to the computer lab. The lobby was empty and the cafe's glass doors were closed and covered with curtains to block out the light. Turning toward the back of the complex and entered the empty computer lab and waited for Saren.

Mention: N/A​

~ Ian Lassiter ~
Interacting with: Lexi KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint & Ollie Quillicious Quillicious

Ian's eyes glowed at Lexi's response, and he suddenly leaned in closer to her face in a bit of excitement. "Oh, wow. He must be really cute. I also have-" His words cut off, and he leaned back, looking off to the side so his bangs covered his right eye ever so slightly. I can't be so enthusiastic about cats. Right. He had an image to keep. He was always the care-free, never gets too excited about anything type of guy ever since middle school. Nobody could find his weakness now! That he was actually a sucker for cute things and cats. Not even his brother knew, and if he did, he would never hear the end of it. Nobody could ever find out about how he cuddled with his two cats every night in bed, how he rubbed his cheek against theirs when bathing them. "I also have a cat....or two." He finished, a little more casually and minus the zest.

As she brought up size, he turned his face back to her with curiosity. After her explanation he bit his lip in thought. "Hmm...like a fashion designer? Well I'm 5'9, and I'd say my body is toned...but if you want exacts then you'll have to measure me." Ian never really cared for exact measurements since high school physicals. Waist size, arm lengths, anytime he went shopping he just grabbed whatever looked like it would fit. He glanced over at the guy on the other side of Lexi and, grinning, he added, "Though...if you need someone a little taller, I'm sure he would be up for the job, right?" Ian wanted to see this guy make some more moves, as he figured they would be far more entertaining than the chosen movie.

Lexi brought up Ellie, and Ian's face practically went cold, the playful grin dissipated immediately. They're friends huh? Well it isn't surprising. Ellie's easy to get along with. Always so friendly. He managed to chuckle a bit at Lexi's last sentence. "I'm a masochist, so it's all good." He was joking. But yet he wasn't at the same time.

~ Saren Hyatt ~

Walking past the cafe, Saren had to stop and stare. He wasn't kidding. Movie night IS a thing. Man. She needed to get out more. Stepping inside the computer lab, she smiled and waved over at Sam, taking a seat beside him. "Hey, how's your evening going?" She asked politely, setting her tablet on the counter and pushing the on-button of the computer in front of her. She had been in here a few times, but they had recently upgraded the computers. Nothing too fancy, but more modern than the previous versions, and Saren was thrilled to play with them. She wrapped her long hair off to one side of her shoulder, and typed in the guest password to login to the server.

Her eyes finding the books in his hands, her eyes brightened. "You brought them. Do you mind?" She extended her hand out at one of the text books. "I don't plan on becoming a veterinarian, but I've always been curious of how it's like."

(I don't know if this seems short. But I am so tired I don't know what I'm typing anymore XD So I have to stop. Last post for Ian until Quill responds. Take your time Quill <3 ILY)

Ollie
The attention of Lexi and the still unnamed man came to Oliver only for a moment, to his relief. He'd had enough spotlight for today. It did seem a little rude to leave them without any introduction, however. Their conversation went by as Ollie sat, listening without speaking. His eyes drifted from person to person as they spoke. That's what he was good at: listening. Lexi's cat PJs were mildly amusing, given most people were in regular clothes. Ollie himself didn't really care, he knew they were probably quite comfortable. His blue jeans didn't really scream comfort. Wait, did that guy just say something? Sort of rewinding the conversation, Lexi said she was a tailor or something. Then, the guy mentioned that Ollie was tall. That's weird. Yeah, putting someone on the spot...there could be dozens of reasons for doing that.

Ollie chuckled, waving off the comment. "I'm not that tall. My name's Oliver, by the way. You can call me Ollie." He shrugged at the guy before returning to Lexi. Y'know...I'd love to eat her English muffin~. If ya know what I mean.

Jesus Christ. Ollie's mouth hung open slightly as he processed what he just mentally heard. He hoped that it didn't come out verbally, that sort of thing could ruin a possible friendship.

Interactions
Lexi - KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
Ian - NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Alexis (Lexi) Stone
"Oh, wow. He must be really cute. I also have-" Lexi nodded to the comment of Samson being cute, and then looked at Ian, slightly conffused at his sudden change of personally when he continued, "I also have a cat....or two."

"No need to shy away from saying something is cute you know," Lexi offered, "I wouldn't judge. Everyone has something they this is cute..." Lexi offered him a smile, encouraging him to open up, but then he moved on to talking about my offer for what he can do in return for helping him, even though she didn't mind helping.

"Hmm...like a fashion designer? Well I'm 5'9, and I'd say my body is toned...but if you want exacts then you'll have to measure me. Though...if you need someone a little taller, I'm sure he would be up for the job, right?"

"I'm not that tall. My name's Oliver, by the way. You can call me Ollie."

"Ollie," Lexi repeated, testing the name and then asked, "Would you be up to help me out to fix my designs? The fine print is the slight chance of getting pinched by needles. It won't happen unless you move too much. Either, if any of you are available and want to help me out, I will be in the cafe in the morning, before working on the designs."

Lexi pulled her knees close to her as she rested her head on them. Back home she would have her siblings to help her make corrections on her designs but now as she lives on her own, she needs to find a new pair to help her. Then again she would have to get different people to make cloth for all sizes.

Samuel (Sam) Nightlock
"Hey, how's your evening going?"

Sam took the seat beside her and answered,
"Long day at the station but, everything has been great. The weather makes me much more mellow than the sun. Perfect to just stay inside and enjoy a nice cup of coffee." When Saren pointed out the textbook he offered then to her which she gladly took one as she skimmed through the text.

"I don't plan on becoming a veterinarian, but I've always been curious about how it's like."

"Once you get passed the texts, you never expect what comes after," Sam announced, "The first time I was placed to practice on a dog, I was horrified at what I need to do, but showing your fear only worried the animal. Once I calmed both myself and the canine, I was able to perform my job to fix her broken leg."

Sam looked up a the ceiling remember the day,
"One thing is to study medicine, another is to actually do the job, but after you do you first job, you get a rhythm of things and work without a single worry. It's like stage fright. You stand there, knowing all eyes are on you, but once you find that one thing that calms you, you make the grandest performance you have ever done. No worry in the world, just you and the stage, or in my case, me and the bond of a pet."

~ Ian Lassiter ~

Ian merely shrugged when Lexi offered her kind words of no judgment. He was still adamant on keeping his love for cats a secret. And, if anyone was going to change his mind, it would take more than a lecture on acceptance. So the man finally speaks. He makes proper sentences too. Ian raised his eyebrows with interest. Well, his job was done, or so he thought. Ollie was his name, and he repeated it a few times within his mind, willing it to stick unlike many of the names that passed by him on a daily basis. But after he introduced himself properly, Ian thought he heard him say something else under his breath. He was going to prompt the man, but sort of figured he may just have been hearing things, as Lexi didn't seem to hear anything. Maybe Ian just had sensitive ears? Or it was someone behind them? Must have been.

When Lexi mentioned she would be in the cafe in the mornings, Ian wasn't entirely sure if he personally would show up. But he did owe h-
His eyes widened as a memory clicked in his head. Now he knew why there was a nagging feeling that he had been around this woman before. She often came to the cafe, and not just to get coffee. The screen above them began to flicker as a sign the movie would begin soon. That's right...I've heard her voice before. In the cafe ordering...I didn't realize before. I guess it takes being here to trigger a memory. Softly, he breathed, "Looks like the movie is starting. And...I'd be interested in seeing some of your sketches sometime. Maybe I can look through them while Ollie tries on the designs...I can tell you if they are accurate or not." He left the sentence rather vague on purpose. Most designers were great artists. But he was sure she would follow. He kept his eyes forward, but he was grinning softly.

~ Saren Hyatt ~

Some people might be nervous hanging out with a cop, even if they weren't on duty. But being around Sam felt quite natural, just like being with anyone else. Flipping through the large text, her eyes glistened with wonder. "It seems like a lot to remember. But it is very fascinating." She set the book on her lap, looking up with interest to fully listen to Sam's words. A smile crept up on her face. "Wow. I wish I could have been there to witness the awakening moment. But I can imagine. It isn't good enough to simply read about it...experiencing it is another story entirely." Saren closed the book and set it on the counter. "I can really feel your passion towards helping animals. I love being able to feel the lively energy people give off when talking about topics they adore." She tapped his chest with the tablet pen she held in her hand. "I hope I can recruit people who are just as passionate as you."

Taking her tablet she transferred some images onto the larger desktop screen. They were rough sketch of a large building, including a fenced in area with open yard space. "Now, the professionals will turn my sketches into a blown out blueprint in time, but I was thinking something like this. The large open area will be where the dogs will be walked or let out to play at least twice a day. But on the inside I was thinking instead of boring cells like you see with most shelters, I want to make it more visually aesthetic for the animals. So larger cells, neutral colors around, not too decorative, but cozy enough you know?"

The woman made a few clicks. "For cats, I think once they have proven they can react with others well, placing them in a large pen together that has a patio type deal going on would be good. So they can socialize and get some fresh air as well if they want." She bit her lip and tilted her head slightly. "Though most shelters just carry dogs and cats, I'd like to have a section for animals like bunnies and such just in case.....what do you think about performing free neutering and spaying? Of course I would be paying, but I feel like a lot of people don't fix their animals because they can't afford it. And then they end up with an abundance of offspring they can't take care of." She leaned back in her chair.

"I'm not thinking too much too fast am I?? Maybe? On a lighter subject, would you mind telling me how you met Luke? You mentioned a shelter when I first met you guys, but how exactly was it? How did you know he was the one." She leaned in slightly, eager for the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back