• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Spring Original RP Search | [Closed!]

Isolus

Lady of the Lexicon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Spring Search | Role Play Master Thread
Last Updated: 5/12/20
Found a few partners, thanks for coming!

tumblr_pp7ivfdXNV1tkezr8o6_500.gif

original.gif
9ad217b92ff68989e4617c76fab76506.gif

MERAKI (A.) | Greek
The soul, creativity or love put into something; The essence of yourself that is put into your work.

• Hello, Starshine | My name is Hannah, but most people online call me Hanns. In my free time, I love to create art and write stories! I’ve been roleplaying for about 9 years, but I’ve been writing stories and creating characters for as long as I could remember. I may set up a fandom document later, but for now I'd like to keep this to original stories and characters. One of the wonderful things about roleplaying is that it's a chance to escape from reality, even if it is through words on a page. You create worlds and characters who love, who hate, who bleed and who can heal. You'll find I take my stories pretty seriously and I'm really hoping to find others who feel the same way!

Writing Samples & Roleplay Examples
Below are some writing samples that I think best show my current writing style. I'd love for you to also send me a writing sample too, just so I can gage your amazing writing! It doesn't have to be current, just anything that lets me know your length preference & writing style.

• tumblr_mi0imvRk9g1ruakfio1_500.gif

tumblr_pnm8j36dFm1y58ghuo1_400.gif
    tumblr_oiwne6dzyv1ro3oueo1_400.gif

[1] Fantasy | Slice of Life
    The door opened without a sound. As if the maiden's invitation were already expected. And already welcomed. But the Wolf did not follow her inside - his paws rested at the threshold of the forest clearing, where the shadows' edge met the sunlight. He need not go any further. He need not burn within the light of the sun.

Among the scent of the old willow wood, the most curious of smells were enclosed within the small willow hovel - their scents finally freed by the opening of the large door. Sweet, soft jasmine petals mingled with the firm, crimson essence of elderberry wine. Cinnamon, hot and seasoned, prickled with tart lemon and mingled slowly with slow dew of fresh honey. And all around these wonder auras, the glow of dancing candle light within tiny lanterns were scattered all over the tiny, single bungalow.

Crystal vials and rose glass bottles were lined up as far as the eye could see - made up of all sorts of wonderful colors and hues, that glowed and twinkled at the candle's glow. Their caps were tied in silk ribbons or tiny hemp cords, with labels written in a beautiful black ink. Between these marvelous creations, opalescent crystals and the tiniest of gems scattered about the wooden shelves, keeping company with the delicately tied bundles of wild flowers. All about was clutter - but it was a witch's clutter. Up upon the window's bannister, a sandy coon cat was cleaning her paws against her sharp, white whiskers. On a nearby shelf, a cat as white as a winter's frost reclined between two large bottles of a clear, sparkling potion - his tail twitching this way and that as yellow eyes lazily turned to gaze upon the hovel's latest visitor.

"O' willow waly' by the tree that weeps with me.
    "O' willow waly' till my lover return to me."

A voice came from the hearth, where the fireplace crackled and popped - the cauldron's skillet bubbling with a delicious smell of fresh buttered cornbread and a sizzling stew. Someone was bent over the cauldron, stirring the pot softly with a wooden ladle. A dog, with a wiry snout and scruffy ears, laid at her bare feet - raising its head to stare with beady, inquisitive eyes at the maiden.

"We lay my love and I beneath the Weeping Willow.
    But now alone I lie and weep beside the tree."
    Singing O' willow waly' by the tree that weeps with me.
    Singing O' willow waly' till my lover returns to me."

Her hair was as red as a rising fire - redder than the crimson leaves of the fall forest. Loose curls, tied up in a messy bun that looked as if it were ready to unfurl itself. Her cheeks were rosy and her lips were soft and thin and blushed in a tulip pink. She tapped the ladle before cleaning her hands with the end of her ivory apron.The dog's tail thudded against the wooden floor as his realized that the maiden in the doorway was, indeed, a guest. He rose from the feet of his master, brushing the ends of her skirts as the beast trotted over to greet the strange traveler. A cold wet nose nudged against her hand, his ears floppy about as the dog requested a pat on the head - his stubbed tail wriggling about.

"Oh! Another visitor. Welcome, welcome to my apothecary." The lady with the red curls had turned to face her now - the glow of the fire's hearth dancing about her ivory skin and rosy cheeks. "And what is it you need, traveler? A healing ointment? Perhaps some peppermint to freshen up?" She tucked a few strands of wild fire strands behind her ear as she surveyed her newest visitor. It would appear, based on the maiden's appearance, she was a peasant from the village. Perhaps a beggar, looking for a single ounce of kindness to last through the night. The poor child.

"Oh my. You must have come a long way to get here, haven't you." Her voice was kind. Yet, buoyant. Full of spirit. Her face and her voice were youthful, but her eyes were old. An elder's - blue and clear perhaps, but ancient. Perhaps, even wise. And they were not swayed by the maiden's haggard appearance. "Well, you are just in time for supper. Come, sit, sit!”

Original Prompts
These are stories and ideas that I've thought out a bit and after some planning, decided to share in hopes that someone might like to role play them to! While these tend to be more tuned than my Craving and Ideas chart down below, that doesn't mean that they can't be tailored to our likes. If you wish to include a romantic pairing into any of these, that can definitely be done! Still, a lot of thought work has gone into these - I have characters and world building alright created for them. Hopefully one of them catches your fancy! Just as a tiny key, [X] means closed, [-] means pending and [✓] means open.

• _2__by_lexiconicy_ddghls0-fullview.jpg

[] The Children of Dawn
    "Carry the flame and set the world on fire! Even in the darkness, carry your torches."
    High Fantasy | Adventure | Mythology

Premise: “A goddess looks upon a young world and is disgusted by the growing wickedness and corruption. However, a curious earth spirit finds five unlikely individuals who still remain pure of heart against all odds. In an effort to sway his mistress that there is still some good in humanity, the trickster spirits turns memories into magic and blesses each of the five with strange gifts. He instructs the chosen five that if they wish to be spared from his mistress’ wrath, they are to take these gifts of lost knowledge and journey to a world known as the Everdawn, where they can remind the goddess of pinnacle moments of humanity.”
    Optional Pairing: [Any pairing!]
    Genres: Fantasy, Adventure/Quest, Epic,
    Notes: This one definitely has more of a fellowship feel to it, so I’m looking for someone whose ok playing multiple characters. It’s also fluid with romance or platonic relationships, so let me know what it is your looking for! Also, your characters can be any age! Most fantasy races are fine (generic or fandom), though if that is the case then we should do a bit of world building to establish consistency/lore. For any clarification, the traits represent hope, compassion, pursuit of freedom, valiance, & wisdom.

In the first dawn of a new world, before mankind was vast across the earth, the mortal races co-existed upon a small landmass known as Ardunia. A beautiful oasis, its first ancestors were blessed by the Emerald Mother, an earth goddess mankind called Enya. And for generations, the flourishing valley proved protection and nourishment for the people who resided there, watched over by the goddess and her faithful earth spirits.

But as time passed, the whims of man overwhelmed their desire to do good. Selfish princes became ruthless kings who oppressed their people. Monks lined their pockets with bribes to lay false blessings upon sinners. Soon, slave markets lined the streets in place of fruit stalls and narcotics flooded underground dens to claim the lives of many. The promised land that was Ardunia had become little more than a den of thieves and murderers. Prayers to the goddess grew less and less.

Enya looked upon the valley and seeing what had become of her children, she wept, regretting what she had made for those who no longer followed her. In anger, she planned for a way to wipe them from her sight completely.

But a spirit named Cyphos, a vineyard spirit of mirth, wagers and mischief, stumbled upon five persons whom not even he could justify tampering with - while their mortal natures left them flawed and imperfect, Cyphos found much light within their hearts.

The spirit relayed what he had found to his mistress, naming the persons the five lights and explaining the purity of their hearts. But Enya would not listen. For she believed that humanity by nature is tainted and that any soul regardless of their initial purity would eventually be corrupted. When Cyphos saw she would not spare humanity in its entirty, he offered his goddess a wager - a prospect of a new Dawn. if these five souls could show her the beauty of humanity, then she would spare them and any they saw worthy to live. If they could not, then they would perish with the rest of humanity. Enya, taking favor within her servant, agreed and gave him one year.

As is his nature, Cyphos began his quest with a trick - luring his mistress into a peaceful slumber, he searched through her ancient mind to find memories she still held dear. Stealing five of these memories, Cyphos lay magic upon them and carried them to the mortal world below. Through further mischief, he lured the five lights together and placed each memory upon each soul in the form of a gift:

To one, a silver star that shines even in the darkest nights.

To one, a golden flower that gives healing through sacrifice.

To one, a bestial strength that is untamed and wild in unbridled glory.

To one, a flame that burns at the sight of cruelty and injustice.

To one, an hourglass that shows solutions only though slow humbleness and cautious pursuits.

The five lights were to use these gifts to pave the path to the new dawn, to a land above the valley and high over the clouds that Cyphos called the Everdawn - a place untainted by wickedness, made for them and any they believed were worth saving. For one year, they have the task of proving the truth worth of humanity.

Table of Contents (Cravings & Ideas)
So I don't have any big ideas quite yet with these. They're more of character relationships and pairings (romantic & platonic) ideas that I still think would be really fun to do! If there's any that you like, let me know and I'm sure we can come up with some plots together.

• Character Archetypes:
    Black Knight
    Charismatic Outlaw
    Dark Lord
    Gentle Giant
    Gentleman Criminal
    Innocent Maiden
    Kind Protector

Genres:
    Alternate History
    Dystopian
    Hight Fantasy
    Low Fantasy
    Medieval
    Modern Fiction
    Political Intrigue

Romantic Dynamics:
    Big Scary x Small Sweetie
    Chaotic Evil x Elegant Evil
    Dominate yet Kind x Very Shy
    Gentle Giant x Gentle Smol
    Reincarnated Lovers
    Villain (with a soft side) x Hero's Love Interest

Platonic Dynamics
    Grumpy x Supportive Sweetie
    Guardian x Defenseless
    Sweetheart x Literal Demon

Last edited:
+ 1/3 Slots Open +
- Really craving the Children of Dawn prompt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back