• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Summer Nights

Ericandmylastname

The Village Idiot
WORK IN PROGRESS

(Trust me I'll put more here so don't feel underwhelmed!)

Anyways, this is closed so please DON'T sign up!

I mean, you can-- but it's gonna be tough. I don't wanna hurt your feelings but I'm sort of a busy lad. :o

At a small rural town of the countryside of America, during the late 90's, there was a young man named Eric-- who was very normal. So normal in fact, that he has nothing special at him. Sure has a few ribbons and embarrassing features or stories, but he's not necessarily standing out. He doesn't have much friends or even enemies. It's a very boring life for him, nothing to do with a summer... especially in a small rural town with the internet just rising.

It was until then in his teenage years he meets a girl-- a transfer student from god knows where. He doesn't know a thing about except that-- he likes her. He doesn't know why but, he does. Is it how mysterious she is, how pretty she is... or her personality just works well with him? It is not clear, but the thing is he has this huge feeling, that once he contacts her-- something big is going to happen.

This is a story where YOU get to decide how it will go on how your character to be like, (Don't tell me, the surprise will be sooper cool!) but to you-- you can take any direction it can go. Are you an alien from a faraway land, analyzing the worth of human beings, a dreamer--- a weird person with wild imagination who takes my character to many adventures, or maybe a spunky character that puts my character into many troubles? As long it gives an adventure for both of us and opportunity to grow and develop as characters, I'm so okay with it!

Last edited by a moderator:
@xXGodoftheGeeksXx

Routines.

He always followed routines.

Every day he'd go through his life doing the same exact thing-- kind of like, walking down an endless hallway that has the same color and pattern.

But he was okay with it-- it gave him reason to move on, and there's not really a particular reason to not do otherwise. Though a part of him inside truly believed that there was something more for him in this world, something that god has something ready to throw a wrench at the gears and start anew. It was a pleasing yet scary thought, but it quickly fleeted past as he smelled the aroma of breakfast. Mom was cooking up some French toast, eggs and bacon, something a bit different than the occasional cereal.

It was already started to feel different.

Later, he arrived to school as his dad dropped him off-- the sky was dull in color which was odd regarding the final weeks of the school year, but he simply didn't mind as he got into his homeroom.

Eric sat at the corner of the room, fitting for someone that can be easily looked over. At first he was pretty upset about the whole not being noticed for a couple of years, but by then he got used to it and to be honest-- the teacher never asks him to do any of the answers and hey-- that means more sleep. He slipped on thin headphones and started to play music on his Walkman, the classics started to play. Ah, that feels good.

Something that catches his eye was girl by the front row.

"Hmm..." A sound emitted from his mouth, a sound that displays interests.

Then the bell rang and the teacher walks in, and immediately jumps in to the situation at hand.

"So, we have a new student at the luckiest time-- summer's a-comin' and she barely has anything to learn here! Well, young lady you just feel comfortable in your seat. But please, stand up and introduce yourself to the class for us!"

"Introduce myself...okay." She stood up. "What would you like to know about me?" She asks. She wasn't very good at introductions so this was kind of a new experience.

Questions shot all over the place, it was just a constant barrage of mishmash of questions until the teacher silenced the class.

"I'll pick a select few, starting with you."

"Where'd you come from?" One asked.

"Why are you here?" Another said.

"Where'd you get your glasses?"

"What's your cup size?"

"Quentin! That is NOT appropriate!" The teacher spat. Sort of literally and metaphorically at the same time.

"....hmm...Eric?"

"Huh?" Eric looked up from his desk, oblivious to the current situation.

"Is there anything you'd like to ask the lovely lady?"

"Oh...uh..."

"Nothing, really..." He said in a hushed, low tone. He was sort of shy not from the crowd but, her alone.

I mean. She was cute but like, there are other cute girls too.

But it's something about her...

"Are you sure?"

"Mmm-mm." He hummed negatively.

"I see."

"Where am I from? I'm from..." She didn't know many places so she just said a random one she heard around. "Los Angeles, California. I'm here because I wanted to go to a different school, the one I was at just insufficient. My glasses...I don't remember where I got them from." She stood there in silence after her last sentence.

"Ah. Okay, well treat as she was your own." The teacher said, patting her on the back.

Eric took another look at the new girl and quickly turned back to looking down at his desk, scribbling a bit on his notebook.

New girl-- La califronia, insufficient school? What?

Later that day Eric sat by himself at the lunch table as always. he used to have band friends but they repeated visit different tables and thus just drifted apart. He didn't mind-- he understood why and it's better than abandonment.

He twisted his fork into his mashed potatoes, seemingly out of it.

Rhythm sat by herself. She didn't get any lunch either. She just sat there twittling her thumbs around. These people are all talking to each other, except for that one. She thought looking at Eric. It was odd, he was the only one that wasn't socializing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back