• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Summer Love: Remember Me? {A Reality Show} ((Full))

unscripted

nothing serious
Summer Love: Remember Me?

Plot
Summer Love is a new reality show designed to see if summer really is the season of love. The show will focus on 8 contestants that will be living and competing together as couples over the summer to win dates, experiences, and cash, all while exploring the possibilities of a summer romance. Thing is, this season the couples are not strangers and only one person from each couple knows what's really going on. The inaugural season of ‘Summer Love’ is aimed at bringing people together with loves from their past.

All under different circumstances, four people have been chosen to be reconnected with someone from their past that they want to have a chance at a future with. While their intentions are for love, the other 4 participants have accepted to be on the show without knowing exactly what they were walking into.

The 4 unknowing cast members were a part of a larger group of people to receive an acceptance letter to be on a show that they never applied to. For their own reasons, these 4 people that received this surprise email, decided to move forward with the show. What they think is a vacation and a chance to win some money for the summer, is really a blast from their past with a chance at love.

At the end of the summer and conclusion of the show, they will walk away with amazing experiences, some money, and if they so choose love.

Characters
Overview: I will be looking to fill a cast of 8 characters, 7 open slots to begin with since I will be playing a role. The couples have a basic backstory outline that I have put together, but players will be expected to give the backstories more details through collaborative planning (on discord) once the roles are filled. I don’t want to assign the genders to the characters or couples, so that can leave things open for lgbt pairings. That being said, there will be an application to reserve a spot and the first person to have their application accepted for each couple will get to decide what kind of relationship it will be. Once your application has been accepted, I will send you the profile outline and your role will be reserved.
The Couples:
The One That Got Away: They dated casually, but some force outside of their control kept them from getting serious. One of them has always regretted not getting a chance to see what they could have been and decides now is the time to find out.

Not Since You: They dated in the past and broke up, on not so great terms, and went their separate ways. Years and relationships later one of them realizes they haven’t cared for anyone else the way they did that old lover and wants a chance to get that person back.

Timing is Everything: They had chemistry from the moment they met, but they were both in relationships. Over the years they have kept in touch as distant friends, with them never being single at the same time. Well now they are both single and one of them is ready to shoot their shot.

Just Friends: They were friends in high school, but one liked the other as more than friends and didn’t know how to say it. After high school they went their separate ways and stayed in touch over social media. Now the one wants to see if those feelings are shared.

Rules

• All site rules apply!
  • Acceptance: This is NOT first come first serve. Because of the power that is given in deciding the gender pairing of each couple, applications will be required to reserve a spot in this roleplay. The application will be used so I can see the commitment of each player to staying with this roleplay; it would really suck to have someone choose the gender pairing of a couple and then not see the roleplay through and have their partner’s character locked in as a specified gender. The application must be complete! The more details included about your character in the application, the better. If your application is accepted, I will send you the profile outline and the links to the character page and the discord. The profile will just be an expansion of your application, so the more detailed the application, less will be needed on the profile.
  • Literacy: Literacy is important to me! Grammar, vocabulary and spelling are necessary to be a part of this rp. I am not going to put a paragraph minimum on posts, sometimes writer's block happens, and the roleplay needs to move forward, but I am looking for people who can easily post at least 2 paragraphs regularly. No one liners!
  • Respect: Please be respectful and polite in all discord conversations. No Godmoding! If there is an issue with disrespect between players, you will be given one warning, if it persists from there you will be kicked from Discord and your character removed.
  • Planning: All planning and OOC conversations will be done on Discord. Once you know who your partner is, please begin working together to detail the backstory for your character's relationship.
  • Posting: Please be able to post at least 2 times a week. I understand that life is hectic for some people right now with the health pandemic of the coronavirus, but please let me know if at any time you are unable to keep up with the post minimum and we will discuss how to work it out. If you are not keeping up with the expectation and have not reached out to me, you will get a warning that you are not active enough, and if that goes unfixed your character will be removed.
/coded by allure/

Couples:
The One That Got Away: 2 Reserved
Not Since You: 2 Reserved
Timing is Everything: 2 Reserved
Just Friends: 2 Reserved

Storyline: The name of your couple storyline

Role: Did you apply or did you get a surprise email

Name:

Sexual Orientation & the Preferred Gender of your partner:

Faceclaim: Real people only

Why did you decide to participate in the show:

Personality: At least 3 sentence description

What has your character been up to for the last five years: All couples will have not seen each other in at least five years. At least 3 sentence description

{Any extra information you feel you want to add is fine}

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for the interest, I am really excited for this and can't wait to get started. Here is the application.
Storyline: The name of your couple storyline

Role: Did you apply or did you get a surprise email

Name:

Sexual Orientation & the Preferred Gender of your partner:

Faceclaim: Real people only

Why did you decide to participate in the show:

Personality: At least 3 sentence description

What has your character been up to for the last five years: All couples will have not seen each other in at least five years. At least 3 sentence description

{Any extra information you feel you want to add is fine}
Completed applications can be pm'd to me. Also, all spots are open, once we have 7 complete and accepted apps I will take whatever role is left.

We are off to a good start filling the roles guys!! We still need 4 roles filled...2 male, 1 female, and 1 players choice available.

We are so close to having all roles filled!! We only need two more roles filled, and I will fill the last role, then we will have all spots reserved. The 3 open spots belong to 2 males and 1 female.

What roles are remaining
Couples:
The One That Got Away: 1 Reserved: Female, surprise email; 1 Open: Male, applied for the show
Not Since You: 2 Reserved
Timing is Everything: 1 Reserved: Female, applied for show; 1 Open: Male, surprise email
Just Friends: 1 Reserved: Female, applied for show; 1 Open: Female, surprise email

I'd like female surprise email role. Once I finish up some assignments I should have my CS up sometime tonight/early am
There is an application in the first post, go ahead and fill that out and pm it to me, once I approve your character I will send you the link to the character page and discord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back