• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Summer in a small town (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

lette

Juggalette1
welcome to Coward South Carolina, population 212... no, wait 214...Mrs. Johnson just had her twins. There isn't much here, you have a church, a movie theater, a dinner and a few fast food restaurants, you have alot of farms and 2 stop lights... it's not very big.Well it's finally summer! Time for bonfires, swimming in the river, fishing and having fun! Growing up in a small town is not all it's cracked up to be. Everyone knows everyone... literally your family's grew up together, you have NO secrets.. I mean half the time people know more about you than you do! There is a few towns a few hours away with a water park and some other things to do. Really this summer is about raising h*ll and causing trouble. I heard there was not one,but two new family's moving here... it's the talk of the town right now. Some of the old geezers around town have said that this is the first time people have moved here in like 20 years. This should be fun... lets see what trouble we can get into this year!​

Olivia woke up to her grey ceiling, it was so nice to sleep in. She rolled over to her clock to check the time "hmm, 9:30, not too bad." She grabbed her phone, no notifications, and wasted some time before actually having to get up and get ready and run her errands for the day. About twenty minutes past before her groaning and rolling out of bed. She did her usual getting ready essentials, showering, brushing her teeth, etc. She did her usual makeup and decided on a pair of dark ripped jeans and a basic graphic cropped tee. She ran a brush through her long dark hair and grabbed her pair of vans. "Lets see, I have to go to the post office, go job hunting, bring food home for the children tonight" referring to her younger siblings. She grabbed a pile of resumes from her desk and headed downstairs. Everyone was gone or busy in the house, she went through her front door and got into her car. She started her ignition and headed out towards the post office.

Trinity originally woke up at 8 am, much to her dismay. She shook her head and rolled back over trying to force herself back asleep because this was summertime now, and her internal body clock needed to get with the program. She drifted off a few times, but never longer than about 30 minuets or so at a time. Finally at about 10 am she gave in and got up. She didn't bother looking at her phone yet hoping her friends were having better luck sleeping in then she had. She slowly shuffled around her house in her pajamas first grabbing some food, and seeing what was on TV. She found a note from her dad on the fridge saying it would probably be a busy day at the shop, but he'd see her later. It also said to try not to get into any trouble. She just giggled and tossed it in the trash thinking how boring of a summer would that be? She finished getting ready and ended up throwing on a blue jersey-like shirt with some sweats and white sneakers on. She pulled back her long messy curls into a very messy ponytail without much care, leaving a few loose strands framing her face, then last but not least grabbed one of her favorite black baseball caps pulling her ponytail through the hole in the back. Feeling pretty good she hopped on her skateboard while grabbing her cell phone to ride out the door and go around town to find something to do. She started texting anyone she thought would be awake starting with Cassy awake or not, then moved on to others she knew. She needed to find someone even if it was just the guys to see if they were down to play basketball at the park.

Billy looked at his watch "damn" it was already 930. he cleaned the sweat off his face and threw his gloves in the cab of his truck. He waved up to mr green on the porch "thank you I'll see you tomorrow" he got in the truck and backed out. He had been up since 4 A.M. he didn't really have anything else planned for the day other than. Few "sales" later. His little brother left for camp yesterday and his mom had work all day, his sisters were at their friends house for the week so he had no responsibilitys. He pulled into town and parked in front of the post office and dinner. Maybe one of his friends would hit him up soon. He counted his money really quick and got out the truck heading to the bank on the other side of the road.

Laiken had awoken to her parents fighting again and it was frustrating she had thrown her pillow over her head and tried to tune them out. When she looked at the time on her phone she knew it would probably be going on for awhile. It was already eight and that meant if they were fighting now they would be fighting for awhile. She figured if she was dealing with this then they could pay for whatever breakfast she got.

Walking past her parents room Laiken reached in her moms purse and pulled out her wallet and took the cash in it. She was owed this and she wanted breakfast from the diner. Walking back up to her room she pulled on a black t-shirt and some jeans before lacing up her converse and climbing out the window. She grabbed her bike because the car would cause too much noise for her to sneak away from the fighting. She was off to the diner for a warm and much needed breakfast and coffee. When she got to the diner there were still plenty of seats which was a relief because she hated sitting at the counter. She slid into a booth and then waited for her waitress.

Danielle rolled over with the sun shining in her eyes. For the first time in a few months she actually felt well rested. She yawned checking her phone. She had the normal notifications from the conversations she fell asleep on last night. She heard what sounded like Billy's truck leaving from the house, he must of been there working again. Danielle stretched one more time before getting up and heading to the shower. She took at long as she could tryin to waste time before she got out and got dressed. She checked her phone one more time, with no luck. "Everyone must still be asleep" she walked down stairs grabbing an apple before kissing her mom on the cheek and heading out the door to her car. She drove in to town hoping to find something to do.

Noah woke up around 7 am, even though it was summer. He couldn't sleep any longer, considering he collapsed onto his bed and fell asleep at 4 pm yesterday. That's 15 hours of sleep, and truth be told, he did feel relatively refreshed after that long nap, like he was ready to take on the world. Well, maybe not the world, but at least the summer ahead of him. Once he actually got out of bed, he stretched his hands upwards and did one of those loud yawns, preparing himself for the day. It was like a part of his routine, something that meant the day was starting, but God forbid anybody seeing or hearing him do it—he would feel utterly embarrassed.

Noah quickly jumped in the shower and afterward did all of the other hygiene essentials like brushing his teeth and drying his hair. He also put on some running shorts, a sleeveless t-shirt, and his sneakers before he headed towards the kitchen. He had decided not to eat breakfast because he intended on going to the diner after his run, to get one of those omelets he just couldn't get enough of.

He was ready to go on his run, but right as he opened the front door, he remembered that he forgot to leave a note for his parents, or anybody wondering where he was, so he rushed into the kitchen and put a note on the fridge, attaching it with a magnet. After that, he was off.

Charlotte Lovell
Charlotte woke up around 9:30. She sighed. Another boring day in her boring town. She honestly just wanted this summer to be over so she could go off collage in a big city. She rolled out of bed and put on an outfit. As she walked downstairs she heard her mother watching TV. She didn't hear or see her sister around but she was usually up early so she probably went out with a friend or something. She grabbed her purse and opened the front door. "I'm going out," she announced to her mom. She saw her mom just nod so she stepped out the door. She was planning to go and see a new horror movie at the local cinema. She would usually take her car, but basically everything was within walking distance here and she wanted to stretch her legs. She began walking over to the cinema.

Olivia got to the diner of the town, it took less than 5 minutes and was no more than 5 blocks away from her house. She got out of her car, resumes in hand. She walked into the diner and stood in the doorway unsure of what direction to turn. An older lovely waitress caught her attention "can I help you honey?" she asked. Olivia stared at her for a second before remembering why she was there "yes, I was actually looking for a job here" she explained, out reaching her resume in the waitress' direction. The waitress took it from her and took a quick glance at it, "this doesn't look to bad, I'll pass it to my manager and he should give you a call later today but I'm gonna tell you right now, you got a pretty good chance" she told Olivia. Olivia nodded at her "thank you."

Billy deposited the money in his account and headed out ba I to his truck. As he was walking he noticed the diner was filling up. What really caught his eye was Laiken sitting in the booth alone. He closed the truck door and made his way into the diner. He was greated by one of the waitresses and taken to the table. He ordered a tea and a breakfast platter. He looked around the small restaurant briefly stopping at laiken's table everytime his eyes passed it. He was also trying to scan for anyone he could actually hang out with today. He looked down playing with the straw paper. He knew some of the kids here but most of them just ignored him. He wasn't sure how this summer would go exactly.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Last edited:
The sun was shining through the window and everything was just calm and quiet until her sibling came in the room yelling and screaming and you would have thought it would have been her younger sister but no it was her own 22-year-old brother jumping on her bed like that to wake her up. "JASON WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!", Cassy yelled as she covers herself up with the blanket trying to lay back down. "Get up, breakfast is ready.". I groaned so loudly hoping that even her parents can hear her complaining about this wake-up call but, sadly they didn't. "I'm going to take your car for the rest of the day then.". Cassy quickly gets out of bed as she was just wearing her soccer shorts and a tank top and says "I'm coming, get out and DON'T TOUCH MY CAR!"., she yelled at her brother as he left her room.

Cassy got dressed running down her stairs with her shorts and t-shirt and vans along with her phone and car keys to the kitchen with all her family. "Morning Cas", her father said to her. "EW Dad, don't call me Cass, it reminds me of Cass from Supernatural". All he did was laugh and I rolled my eyes and says "Listen I'm going out, don't wait up". She started walking out the door and then her mom stops her and says "Eat food then go on please!". I groan and says "Fineeee.". I walked back to the table as her mother gives the whole family pancakes and bacon. Cassy looked at her phone and texts her bestie Trinity and says "Come to my house to save me from this household, we got bacon ;) "

Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

Danielle made it to town and parked in front of the park. Her plan was to do a quick jog around the park and maybe stretch a little. She was hoping one of her friends would wake up soon and text her. Her got out her car and put one of her headphones in putting on her work out music. She began lightly jogging around the park. It wasnt to hot yet and was hoping it would stay with a small breeze, but more than likely not. She finished her job and sat down in a shaded area and began her stretches. She finally took out her phone checking the time. She sent a quick txt to cassy. 'Hey you up?'. She put her phone back and continued her stretches singing along to her music.

Queen_Liyah Queen_Liyah

As Trinity rode around she was actually surprised by how many people were up and about already. Sure she figured the schedules of the adults weren't really affected, but she saw quite a few class mates driving about already. She waved at a few, almost got run over by one new driver. Sometimes she wished she had a car too, but then remembered gas is a pain, and it's not like this place is so big she can't get wherever she wants to be in a timely manner on her board. Luckily it wasn't long before Cassy texted her back. Trinity couldn't help but bust out laughing as she read the message quickly swerving to change directions heading to the girls house. 'I do love bacon, but now you'll never know if I'm coming for you or just the bacon. ;p' She texted back. It didn't take her long to reach the girl's doorstep as she knocked on the door in a playful rhythmic fashion, "Bacon inspector here!" she called out.

A random Spotify running playlist was playing as Noah ran around town. He already ran across his usual trail, around the forest, and continued running through the small town, heading to the diner. It was quite a bit more than the distance he usually ran, but he didn't feel it at all for some reason. It was probably because of that long ass nap. Not feeling tired didn't mean that Noah didn't look like he just took a swim in the river. Sweat covered his t-shirt and his hair was wet. However, he didn't smell bad, he didn't really smell like anything.

He looked at other people, who were also doing their everyday routines. He waved to the old ladies who waved back, and high fived kids he came across. It had seemed everything was perfect, and for the most part, everything was perfect, for Noah at least.

It wasn't long before he reached the diner. Once he was near it, he slowed down until he was walking and took his earphones out of his ears. He entered the diner to which the bell on the door sounded. He loved the sound of it since it reminded him a lot of his childhood. He quickly sat down at the counter.

"Could I have a glass of water, and one of those ham omelets?" He asked the waitress, who was now behind the counter.

As Laiken was sitting in the booth she ordered her cup of coffee and an order of pancakes with hash browns on the side. It wasn’t an adventurous breakfast but it was what she wanted. She watched as the diner slowly filled up with other customers and some people around her age would give a glance in her direction and then whisper. She knew they were talking about the bitch of the town, because that’s what it always was with her. It was never rumors like doing drugs or sleeping around like it was with others.

As the diner continued to fill her eyes caught sight of Billy enter. He was known as one of the troubled ones around town, one of the other known loners. She didn’t want to be caught staring at him because she didn’t know him well and she didn’t want to upset him by staring. She caught his look for only a moment before she turned her attention back to her coffee. She had been caught looking and it caused her to feel embarrassed she couldn’t handle looking back up at him. She wished she had friends to talk about moments like this but she had chosen to stay in her own. But the way Billy’s eyes had caught hers gave her the thought that maybe she didn’t have to do everything alone.

Interaction: lette lette

Before leaving Olivia took a look at the diner "Laiken, Billy...eh no thanks" she thought, not in the mood to conversant today. She turned back around and headed for her car. The diner was closer to her house than the post office. She got in her car and glanced over at the package from her mom to her Aunt Laura in New York "I wish" she sighed. She's been stuck in this town forever, she wanted to go somewhere where she had a chance. She snapped out of her trance and started her car and headed towards the post office.

Aaron was, to put it simply, pissed.

He had been woken up early in the hotel his family had been staying at, and they had then made the drive to Coward. This was, in Aaron's opinion, an unseemly name for a town, if at least mildly appropriate. Perhaps this wouldn't have been enough to push Aaron over the edge if it meant he finally got to unpack and see his new room in person for the first time, but the moving truck had still not arrived at their new 'home', as much of a home as such a place could be when you planned on leaving as soon as possible.

Aaron knew in a detached kind of way that it was nice- bigger than the last one, though Aaron didn't know what his family of four would do with that extra space, and without the fond memories Aaron had painstakingly collected. This move only made him hate his parents more, especially when it seemed as if it were simply on a whim. He couldn't wrap his mind around it. Their home had been paid off, and they had decided to move out of a wonderful suburb near Milwaukee to Coward, South Carolina.

What was wrong with them?

Maybe they thought that moving somewhere inhospitable would make Aaron stay. Somehow, Aaron hated that option the most. The idea that they'd do this to Casper, who was currently asleep in the backseat with Aaron, who had done nothing but love each and every one of them... it was disgusting.

He kicked the back of his father's seat, one of the few acts of defiance he could muster up, eyes still on the house out the window, expression blank. "I'm hungry."

"Don't kick the seat, dear," his father said, ever-patient. "It isn't ladylike."

Aaron bit his cheek, waiting for the response he knew would come when enough silence had passed for his father to realize he wasn't going to apologize.

"I think we have time for breakfast, though really, you don't need it."

"I can wait here for the truck," Susan, Aaron's mother, offered up before Aaron could respond to the shit that had just spewed from his father's trap. Aaron's eyes narrowed, and he glanced to her before turning to again look out the window. Of course she would.

Aaron's father nodded approvingly, and soon enough his father was looking up places to eat, complaining about the lack of variety. Aaron reminded him he was the one who had wanted to move to Bumfuck, Nowhere.

Soon enough, however, they were finally on their way to get the nourishment Aaron's body was demanding. Partway there, Casper finally woke up.

"Are we there yet?" he mumbled, head lolling against the seatbelt.

"We already were there. It's as hideous as expected."

Casper pouted, looking out the window again quietly as their father yet again berated Aaron, something he tuned out entirely, which he was sure his father didn't mind.

As soon as the car stopped moving, Aaron was out of the car, and heading into the diner. He was hungry, okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back