• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Suggestion for unbookmarking posts

Silanon

Four Thousand Club
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is just a small suggestion that would be convenient for the way I personally use bookmarks on this site - of course, usage might differ for others, so it might not be in the common interest.

I tend to bookmark a lot of different posts - for example the newest rp posts I want to respond to. To keep things overseeable, I usually delete some of the older bookmarks - for example those posts I've responded to by now. In my case, that does not mean that I am no longer interested in those threads, just that I don't need that particular bookmark any longer; by default, however, the box to unwatch the thread is tagged, which means that whenever I unbookmark a post, there's a slight chance that I forget to change that default setting and thus unwatch a thread I'm interested in. Personally, I feel like the harm done by not getting notifications because of that outweights the trouble of getting one more notification to then unwatch the thread manually; thus, I was wondering if it would be more practical to change it such that you have to tick the box when you want to unwatch the thread instead.

It might depend on how you're unbookmarking? Looking at my own list, when I tell it to Show All (which takes me here), and edit a thread to unbookmark, it seems to have, by default, the watch settings that were already in place (i.e., threads I was watching have the box checked, while threads I was not watching do not). Going to the thread itself and clicking on the bookmark icon on the first post seems to have the same net effect; at least, I don't get an option one way or another, just a notification that the thread has been unbookmarked.

Where you going to unbookmark a thread? If I can get on the same "page" as it were, I can see if it's possible to change the default, and then whether it's practical for the site as a whole.

I'm bookmarking specific posts - for example, see the following screenshot from the same site you linked:
Unbenannt.png

Now editing that bookmark, I get the following:
Unbenannt2.png

Now from here, I continue by Unbookmark and get the following:
Unbenannt3.png
And that's where I would prefer the box to be empty instead of ticked, just to make sure that noone accidentally unwatches something they didn't mean to unwatch. Hope that clarifies what I'm talking about, forgot that there are actually different kind of bookmarks around here (apparently).

Additionally: You only get that respective window when you do it this way, I think - just using the button on the right hand corner of each post simply unbookmarks the post without changing anything, at least for me. I guess that already offers a safe way to unbookmark the posts, so that's certainly good to know already. You also don't get the respective window when you unbookmark a post in a thread you're not watching, as to be expected.

Ah, I see. I'll look into that. ^3^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back