Anime & Manga Suggesting Anime!

Slothtastic

Sloth Overlord.
I need some animoo suggestions! I've run out of episodes for me to watch on most of them.
Here's some I've finished.
  • Fairy Tail - Most of it.
  • Gengar(?) - All of it (not sure if correct name).
  • Bleach
  • Ouran High School Host Club (My ships didn't come true ;-;).
  • K Project
And so I need more! More! Mooooorrreeeeeee!

The idea of an entire anime dedicated to a single Pokemon tickles me, in regards to your second bullet point. I'll take a shot in the dark and ask if you maybe meant Gintama? On to suggestions, what do you like, what do you hate? I've watched lots so I dunno where to start dishing them out at you.

The idea of an entire anime dedicated to a single Pokemon tickles me, in regards to your second bullet point. I'll take a shot in the dark and ask if you maybe meant Gintama? On to suggestions, what do you like, what do you hate? I've watched lots so I dunno where to start dishing them out at you.
No not Gintama. I think it's called Grimgar, yeah that. I like fantasy animes with magic, medieval types of anime and stuff like that. As well as of course, Blue Exorcist.

So I'll top the list with something I finished recently and really enjoyed, and that's Youjo Senki. It's set in about 1924 or so at the beginning, and there's a lot of things going on but at the core it's a war with magic and all that neat stuff. The main character also has a grin that could make small children cry, and das just gr8.

Next, it's not anime but I'm obligated to try and get people into it anyway - Kamen Rider. Really. You name a genre and I can probably come up with one to suit it, because it's a long running franchise. My favorite so far, though, is Kamen Rider W. That's a good one to start with.

I personally hated this one but it's apparently popular, so I'll toss Tokyo Ghoul out there for your consideration. I can't really say much about it one way or the other though, it lost me in the first episode.

Also since I mentioned it before, Gintama. Pretty funny stuff.

Berserk is a must if you enjoy medieval setting. Fate/stay series are also a good watch. There is Garo tv show and Garo anime that might be appealing to you. Alderamin on the sky, Twelve Kingdoms, madan no ou to vanadis are interesting watches. There is Arslan Senki which might or might not fit your appetite but it is a good watch regardless. mahouka koukou no rettousei is something like what if todays science was advanced as magic. There is D-gray man, sousei no omnyouji if you like exorcism types. I can suggest One Piece if you enjoyed Fairy Tail but it still continues and around 700+ episodes.

Re:ZERO was absolutely huge last year when it aired and it's a pretty safe bet if you're into fantasy and don't mind the twist of the main character being a random Japanese dude yanked into said fantasy world.

I'm also very fond of the 90s anime The Vision of Escaflowne which is another "Japanese person gets sucked into a fantasy world" show except this time it's a teenage girl and the fantasy world also has giant fantasy robots. If you're up for trying something a little older than most of what you've seen so far I highly recommend it.

Hunter x Hunter's setting isn't medieval-style fantasy because it's set in a world sort of analogous to modern-day Earth technology-wise but I'd definitely classify it as a fantasy show regardless as things get very inventive with the setting, characters, and application of powers.

I'm also very fond of the 90s anime which is another "Japanese person gets sucked into a fantasy world" show except this time it's teenage girls and the fantasy world also has giant fantasy robots. If you're up for trying something a little older than most of what you've seen so far I highly recommend it.

Magic Knight Rayearth? :P

One Piece

Naruto (dunno if you're gonna like it, I know I didn't)

One Punch Man

Dragon Ball (all of them, except super, I heard it was crappy)

Gintama

Re:Zero

Kochikame

etc.

I suggest watching:
  • Mob Psycho 100
  • 91 Days
  • Kaze No Stigma
  • Orange
  • Scum's Wish
I'm sorry if they are the present anime that can be seen today except for Kaze No Stigma but those anime series are the best that today has to offer right now.

• Dimension W
  • Samurai Flamenco
  • Red Data Girl
  • Re: Zero
  • One Punch Man (which is now on Netflix)
  • K (project)
  • Ouran High School Host Club

Code Geass is a masterpiece and a must-watch.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is also good. You might think it's just a stupid comedy about buff men... which it is, I'm not gonna lie. But it is also so much more than that. The story is deep, and the characters are splendorous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back