• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Sugar, We're Going Down - High School RP

Rosetown is a small Canadian town, population 1532. It is a town where people come and people go. There is one grocery store, one hardware store, one gas station and two restaurants. Why would anyone want to live there? Well, no one does. But somehow people who grew up there and moved away somehow managed to find themselves there again, but with new spouses and kids. It is popular for it's old people, and its young people. The high school is known for it's football team, and it's "good" crowed of youngsters. You either grow up being friends with everyone, or being friends with no one. Just like every town, there are the bullies and the bullied, as well as the people in between. And what the town doesn't show, is that there is a gap, between the rich families and the poor families.
The townies - These parents grew up here, and they never left here. They grew up in rich families, inherited their parents money, and procreated to have kids that will live the same lives that they had lived. These kids are rebellious, but polite, they flaunt everything they get, and they pretend not to have a care in the world. What people don't know though, is these teens are the same as every other teen, they struggle and they don't show it. That is weakness and unacceptable to their equally perfect parents.

The returners - These parents had at one point left the town, as many make the goal to do. But, the one mistake they made was coming back. Their kids may not endure the same problems they faced in school, with the problems of money and class, but these kids still struggle with what identity they can choose to have. They're not rich, they're not poor. They live in comfortable middle class bliss.

The lows - Whether they ended up leaving, or staying, the Lows have always been a "problem" to the town. The parents lived in beat up houses and now their kids do too. Money has always been an issue, and whatever money they had either went to alcohol, or drugs. Sometimes they managed house payments, and sometimes they don't. But, with the town and its obsession with image, these people remain housed. These teens struggle with abuse (whether its from their family members, or them with substances), mental issues, etc. They aren't accepted by anyone but each other, and even then that can be an issue.

The rp is simply a high school based rp with teens facing everyday teen issues. I wanted to split it up into class because once one class reaches 5 members (besides my own) there are other options for people to choose from. We are not here to glorify mental health issues/substance abuse and your character is not to be made as an aesthetic person if they do struggle with some form of issue.
I'm not here to make the rp or the character sheets pretty because I simply want to write as I have been out of the business for a few months. Which goes to say; if you plan to quit let me know, because if you're not replying your character will be deleted. SO LET ME KNOW if you are leaving or quitting.
I prefer literate people. If you're replies are more than two paragraphs, good for you. But anything less you will be given a warning and after three warnings I will be deleting you from the rp. Grammar is also important, now I don't mind mistakes, everyone makes them, but if your replies are unreadable then I will also issue warnings for that. I am also not picky about post length from phones. If you are from a phone make three paragraphs, 6+ sentences long, that's how I usually make it work since most of my replies are from my phone.
Also, I know life happens (I'm a uni student), but at least try to get more than 1 reply in a week.
Let me know if you're interested and after 8 yes' I will make the character sheet.

Sugar, We're Going Down - Main

Realistic/Modern - Sugar, We're Going Down - Characters

Realistic/Modern - Sugar, We're Going Down - OOC

Last edited:
thank you! I wouldnt play more than two anyway, more than likely, but i was just curious. im still interested in joining!

I would be interested in playing a townie.
id be interested in doing a lows and maybe a townie! how many characters can we have per person?
You sound like you’re all business and I love that, I’m leaving the current HS game I’m in for this one
Interested.
I'll take returner, if I may.
Im interested in a low!
I'm definitely interested in this. I think it'd be cool to play a Returner, so put me down for that!
Realistic/Modern - Sugar, We're Going Down - Characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back