• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Subforum/category help?

Thorudon

Mysterious Singular Skull
I haven't been here in... Hell, I think maybe about 4 or 5 years.
I don't remember if I did it here, but on other, *much* smaller RP sites, I've had a modern spy-thriller RP that's usually pretty popular. However, it needs *multiple* connected threads to work. Individual contracts, a shop, a trade/auction house, ect.

So... Are personal subforums still a thing around here, and if so, how do I go about setting one up?

Hello! Welcome back!

Personal subforums are not a thing anymore.
You can create interest check in Recruitment section (I assume Group in this case, unless you specifically want to use Dice or Quest system)
You can create the roleplay thread within Roleplays section (according to your type of rp). There you can link to other threads.
All extra threads (lore, shop, OOC etc) can be placed in Extra Pages and linked in your main roleplay thread.

Hello! Welcome back!

Personal subforums are not a thing anymore.
You can create interest check in Recruitment section (I assume Group in this case, unless you specifically want to use Dice or Quest system)
You can create the roleplay thread within Roleplays section (according to your type of rp). There you can link to other threads.
All extra threads (lore, shop, OOC etc) can be placed in Extra Pages and linked in your main roleplay thread.

Gotcha, thank you. Kind of an inconvenience but I'm sure I can find a way to make it work. Thank you again

No problem! It might take a bit to get used to but overall seems to work for many roleplays so I hope you still enjoy making rp here :)

I have a follow-up question now, though.

Most "Contracts" are typically solo 1-on-1 RPs, but some can involve multiple AGEnets. Would they go under the 1-on-1 category, or group, or both depending upon the contract?

You might need to explain what you mean by 'contracts'. If it's something specific to your roleplay I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the term.

Right, my bad. I get too into the lingo, haha.

Contracts are basically just one-off threads that are claimed by participants, completed, and then abandoned thereafter. Kinda like individual "missions" or "quests" I guess you could call them. I keep them separate from everything else because otherwise it would be cluttered with, say, 5 agents doing 5 different "contracts" all in a single thread.

It sounds like it still might be group since they're all technically part of the same RP, just on individual missions within the greater story/setting/world?

It sounds like it still might be group since they're all technically part of the same RP, just on individual missions within the greater story/setting/world?
Right, thank you. Idk if this is exactly "allowed" or not, but I just made a post in the "off-site ads" to see if I should just make a specific forum because, if folks are interested, I think itd be easier to just have it all contained into one area.

If you're thinking of doing your RP elsewhere than RpNation, then yes, off-site is the place to see if people are interested in that. ^3^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back