Stuff

Thalia_Neko

Ten Thousand Club
Nyxa Chao, the Iron Night
"You may know I stepped dangerously close to the edge. What you may not know, is I peered over into this endless chasm; the overwhelming darkness calls with a strong voice."
1519618722331.png

• Name/Color Relevance:
    Nyxa is the personification of night and darkness, alluding to a darker color and character scope.
    Height: 5'6''
    Folklore Allusion:
    Nyxa's entire character concept revolves around Chaos and what follows from that, from Greek Myth. Mixed with a bit of Hephaestus.
    Emblem: Chaos Circle
    1519618735467.png

"A friendly warning (about the chasm), it isn't what you think. You seek the same strength I sought. But let me tell you, gazing within becomes intoxicating, deafening, thrilling. A single look, and you may never return."

Atlanta Neptua, the Siren
"Freedom, it calls to me, water, it heeds me, and my enemies, they answer to me! I'm not just a playful bunny! I'm a rapid, rabid sea-beast! I'm the Siren of the seas: Atlanta Neptua!"
1519618871752.png

• Name/Color Relevance:
    Completely based around the sea, Poseidon, Neptune, and other see myths, her name couldn't be more obvious.
    Height: 5'0''
    Species: Rabbit Faunus
    Faunus Traits:

She has a pair of adorable highly-sensitive rabbit ears atop her head. As well as, a very sensitive button nose. Also, her legs are unusually powerful, capable of delivering powerful kicks, and granting her insane leaps.
    Folklore Allusion:
    Again, quite obvious, and already stated. Atlanta is a recreation of Poseidon and/or Neptune, mixed with a Siren.
    Emblem: The Trident
    1519618881478.png

"Here's a riddle. A pretty face. A lovely voice. A cute smile! Fly too close to the sun, and you're liable to get burned! Play too close to the water, and you're liable to be ambushed! Who am I? Teehee! Well? What's the answer?"

Kindle Revelations, the Inferno
"If you can't handle the heat, then you best not tease the flame. It is a mistake even young children learn to avoid making! Were you taught nothing? Have you no common sense? Well, don't say I didn't do anything for you. A warning was more than generous!"
1519618933593.png

• Name/Color Relevance:
    Kindle is an obvious allusion to fire, which she is wholly based around.
    Height: 5'5''
    Folklore Allusion:
    Kindle's character concept comes from the epithet "fire and brimstone" in the Bible.
    Emblem: The Brimstone
    1519618949485.png

"And thus seeking blood, I will ride my horse, with my breastplate of fire, of jacinth, and brimstone. And the head of my horse shall be of a lion; and her mouth will issue fire, smoke, and brimstone. And thus I will rain upon him and his people, an overflowing rain, great hailstones, an inferno and brimstone."

Last edited:
Vyolette Magnus, the Weaver
"Watch closely; with just a dab of my mind.. a flick of the finger, and a blink of my lashes, I can alter your perception of reality. Remember: always be questioning what is (possible).~"
1520117316044.png

• Name/Color Relevance:
    Vyolette is indicative of the spectrum of purples she embodies. Magnus is from the man that is said to have discovered the Philosopher's Stone.
    Height: 5'4''
    Folklore Allusion:
    Vyolette is an amalgamation of the ideas of destiny, immortality, the afterlife, corporeality, and reincarnation from things such as the Philosopher's Stone, alchemy, Mediumship, Spiritism, and the Threads and Weave of Fate. With just a dab of the questioning of physical laws and physical constraints, and thus, what such existence is and means.
    Emblem: Philosopher's Stone
    1520117307878.png

"In a circle, place man and woman; then a quadrangle; out of this a triangle; once more, around, a circle; what you shall obtain: the Stone of the Wise. Known else as the Philosopher's Stone. Verifiable, unmistakable immortality."

Oralee Dayfly, the Hacktivist
"Ooo, a challenge? A moment. My sensors are advising I should think twice before engaging 'my current enemy'! Ooo, how exciting! Through careful consideration, I have concluded they must be totally bust! Hehe! Welp, time to bring out the tried and true! Old faithful!"
1520117133761.png

• Name/Color Relevance:
    Oralee means Light in Hebrew, referencing her secondary light aspect. Dayfly is a reference to how she is a Mayfly Faunus, plus 'day' is another light-based reference, and perhaps flying could be skewed that way, too. If you consider flying being close to the heavens, or making you feel joy and elation.
    Height: 5'7''
    Species: Mayfly Faunus (Cyborg)
    Faunus Traits:

Due to her unusual body being modified with tech, Oralee is a Cyborg-Faunus. Her wings were stripped and altered, turned into connectors that can never really function as wings again, but can connect straight into technology so she can use her mind to control the tech. Her antennae were changed in basically the exact same way; turned mechanical, able to pick up on special signals that she can tune into. Special waves, too, she can feel. Her visor functions like any bug eyes would, giving her a much much more expansive, impressive visual range, that extends far beyond what a human's would be. It lets her view into the invisible electromagnetic spectrum, and see invisible light waves.
    Folklore Allusion:
    I wouldn't say Oralee really has any 'folklore' allusion, but she is sort of based upon the whole concept of tech, globalization, media, and the internet that has exploded to insane proportions at the turn of the century. Which too many focus too much on, narrowing their gaze to their detriment. To add upon that, she has a mild light-based motif, with a slight religious angle, that works in tandem with her primary theme. Almost as an "atonement" for the concept of humanity lost, which ironically fits very well with the fact she's a Faunus.
    Emblem: Lightspace
    1520117145280.png

"'The CCTS is the single most impressive constructed piece of technological mastery of Remnant's 'greatest generation''. Heh, is that right! Pfft, I have three more greater from just today! Not to mention I could upgrade their silly towers if they just gave me the opportunity! Tsk tsk."

Last edited:
Ivory Iyzma Skye, the Angel
"Accept it? Do I have to explain it?! Fine then! You always were a dumb Wolf. ‘Ivory’ evokes beauty, purity. Pristine and the clean..! -None of which I am! None of which I’ve ever been!”
1520277067568.png

• Name/Color Relevance:
    Blues, silvers, and whites are common colors for people from Atlas. It has other associations with Skye, from her very coloring, to the fact that she's based on Icarus who flew in the skies, to being a dove Faunus, who also take to the skies, to 'ice' being her primarily used Dust. Ivory, in particular, envokes pristine, pure things, which Skye believes she is not, so she struggles with that as a theme.
    Height: 6'2''
    Species: Dove Faunus
    Faunus Traits:

Has a powerful, beautiful set of wings on her back, that she can use for limited flight (more with the use of Aura). There are other tufts of feathers about her person. Her bones are hollower than normal, to make her lighter than you'd expect, so she can fly.
    Folklore Allusion:
    Skye is based on two characters in particular: both fictional, but one from myth. Primarily, she is based on Emma Frost, from X-men. A character who has the ability to turn her skin to diamond, and resist mental-based abilities, with Skye obviously lacking mental fortitude. The other character she is based on is Icarus, from Greek myth. Her personality is based on the fact that Icarus's hubris is what ultimately lead to his fall. Which is why Skye is very confident, but often has quite "low" moments, and why she is weak to fire, as the wax melted in Icarus's wings and sent him falling to his death.
    Emblem: Diamond Prison
    1520277061761.png

"It reads; the fox and the rabbit, they met one day. Instead of clashing, the two came together; they frolicked and they played every day out in the fields. Then one day, the rabbit's parents were eaten by another fox. When foxy came to the rabbit's door, he found it locked. Bewildered, he knocked: no answer. Then he called 'Hey, let me in!' Again: no answer. Turns out it is true; foxes and rabbits can't ever be friends, after all."

1520277848102.png
Name: Onix

Color: Black
Name/Color Relevance: It's pretty obvious. He has black wings, and he is a dark, treacherous individual.
Nickname*: Oni

Height: 6'0''
Hair: onyx black, short and coarse, styled crudely, with a shine to it
Sexuality: straight

Race: Faunus (part-Raven and part-Snake)
Faunus Characteristics: His prominent black wings. But he also has a forked tongue fangs, and some scales.

Weapon: Last Bite
A pair of pistols, with detachable and retractable blades. That when they are placed together, fit and form to create a lengthy longsword, which after a few shifts, becomes a rifle.

Semblance: Venom Curse
Onix's Semblance seeps into his opponent when he lands a strike. To put it simply, it corrupts their Aura, quickly burning it away. To elaborate, he attacks their Aura through their mind. When this happens he makes people day-dream up previous nightmares. That are a combination of past failures, fears, and horrors combined together. It is this that when his opponents focus on these hallucinations, that it burns through their Aura as a latent defense mechanism. -That's how it is supposed to work anyway. If his opponent realizes what they're seeing is some sort of nightmare then they can combat the effects and nullify or slow the burn on their Aura.

Emblem: Devious Snake
1520277859062.png

Hunter/Huntress: Hunter
From what area do you reside*: Atlas

Personality:
Onix is not a nice dude. When he was young, he had a pretty traumatic experience, forever altering his personality. Even so, he's been with the White Fang since he was a babe. Learning everything he knows in their twisted organization. Ever since that experience he's let their doctrines really seep into his mind. And he was never the most mentally stable Faunus. He's since become even broodier, darker, and far more duplicitous. He has a sly, smarmy side to him, too. He is wry with a wicked sense of humor, employing sarcasm and a mocking attitude in common interaction. He is well guarded, with perhaps a thornier wall than even Skye has.

Likes*: Fighting, Strength, Force, the White Fang, Skye (secretly, kept even from himself)
Dislikes*: Desertion from the White Fang, Weakness, remembering his own past, humans
Skills: He is quite a skilled fighter. Flight. His Semblance tends to end opponents rather quickly. He is very adept of Aura and Semblance control.
Weaknesses: He is extremely arrogant, overestimating his own abilities and underestimating others constantly. Doesn't work well with people outside of the White Fang.

Looks:
The tattoos about Onix's body are requested by him all the time. They are meant to invoke the Grimm the White Fang regularly uses as imagery to scare and attack humans. He gets the tattoos on places of his body where he has scales, to cover up his Faunus heritage. Well, it would work, if not for the gross pair of dominant black wings growing conspicuously out of his back. His tattoos glow when he makes use of his Semblance as he channels his Aura.

History:
Stop right here if you don't want to be spoiled about Skye's past.
Onix is a shadow from Skye's past. At some point, when the two were very young, and in a White Fang raid, Onix became cornered. He was about to be killed. Skye saved him by murdering the human that would've killed him. There was a .. thing between the two. That a young Skye thought maybe might grow into something more in the future. However, after murdering for him and the White Fang, her outlook quickly skewed. The two were forever changed, with Skye changed completely, leaving Onix behind and deserting the White Fang for good.

Onix 'followed' in her footsteps, sorta. He joined Atlas Academies like she did. Where he would find himself finally on a team of 4 in Atlas's Huntress/Hunter training school. Eventually, that means he would have to fight in the Vytal Tournament. However, unlike Skye, he is wholly loyal to the White Fang, hating Atlas and the humans around him with a passion.

Unbeknownst to Skye, Onix is her half-brother on her father's side. He cheated on Skye's mother with the female leader of the Red Fang, making Onix her half-brother and an heir of the White Fang's leadership. Neither knew before, but Onix knows now. Especially since he's recently (several years ago) grown wings to 'match' Skye's. He actually possesses two Faunus traits, from his two parents.
Or that could be a bold-faced lie, to explain his wings. Something more sinister that they're trying to hide, may be the culprit for his wings...

Relationships*:
He is Skye's half-brother, but was her first crush.
He is on a Atlas team fighting in the Vytal Tournament.

Last edited:
Miss "Bullet" Mocha Fareeda, the Drifter
"I'm just 'nother heart in need of rescue; waitin' on love's sweet charity. An' I'm gun hold on fer the rest of my days. 'Cos I know what it means.. to walk 'long the lonely street of dreams! ...Like a drifter I was born to walk alone."
1520712760489.png

• Name/Color Relevance:
    Mocha is a creamy brownish color, emphasizing the dirty, dusty Old West. Her name's fluff is supposed to invoke the Old West outlaws with unique 'outlaw names', like 'Billy the Kid'.
    Height: 5'7''
    Folklore Allusion:
    Mocha doesn't really have any specific allusion. What she's based on is the idea of the outlaw and loner of the Wild West. She embodies the idea of the cool gunslinging badass drifter.
    Emblem: The Outlaw
    1520712752646.png
"From underneath the trees, we watch the sky; confusin' stars with satellites. I neveh dreamed that you'd be mine; but here we are, we're here tonight... And as we'lie beneath the stars; we realize how small we are. If they could love, like you and me. Imagine what the world could be."

Last edited:
Skye-Olivia Daughter
""
1521161890686.png

• Name/Color Relevance:
    Height:
    Folklore Allusion:
    Emblem:

""

Users who are viewing this thread

Back