• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Student Bodies (A Slasher/Murder-Mystery Role play)

Geun Sae

I would crawl belly deep through hell

Student Bodies

tumblr_n5mcxes8Ms1r8lutfo1_500.png
May 11th, 1955

She ran, she ran as she'd never run before. Escape was all that she could think about right now, that and the extreme pain erupting from her leg. A few yards ahead, she could barely make out the light of a car. She'd yell out for it, but she didn't want to have him hear her. Tears were already escaping from her eyes as she pushed through the bushes and tree branches. Her legs were tired, her dress torn, and her hands covered in blood. Now all she just needed to get through this stretch of forest. Every couple of seconds she peered over her shoulder to look and see if he was there, following her with that sharp jagged kitchen knife. Her hands reached out onto the road as she waved down the truck, seeing more clearly now with the greatest of joy that it was in fact a police car. The car slowly came to a halt. She waved her blood-covered hands, crying out to the man in the truck. "
Help me! Help me he's trying to kill me!"
In 1955 Somerset University was host to a string of grisly murders that left the surrounding community in shock and horror. Seven victims were brutally slain one by one in their dormitories by the crazed John Lee Watson. In a single night of bloodshed, only one survivor lived to tell the tale. After fleeing into the night in terror the young woman who fled the clutches of maniac Watson managed to reach a policeman who promptly radioed in and began the state-wide manhunt for the ruthless killer.

Now, 30 years after the massacre at Somerset University the students, faculty, and staff have all but forgotten the tragedy the befell the campus. However, after a string of disappearances and one grisly murder, students getting ready for the end of the school year believe somebody's out to make sure nobody forgets the Somerset Student Massacre. As bodies start piling and suspicions begin rising, students at Somerset are gonna have to prepare for one killer finals week.

Welcome to Student Bodies! I hope to begin a series of horror-centered murder mystery roleplays with this being my first installment! This roleplay will center around a group of students being knocked off one by one at their college campus during finals week. With this being a Slasher themed roleplay I'd love to consider a murder mystery scenario with one of the players actually being the killer, and leaving it up to the others to figure it out before it's too late! The characters in this roleplay will all be students in the same class together trying to figure out the mystery and staying alive during the process. I'm looking for anywhere between three and ten players, with the more players I get the more I'd ask that some sign on as minor players to serve to heighten the body count as well as the list of survivors. With that being said I'd take up to 5 main player roles and 5+ minor character roles, with anyone interested in playing as the killer messaging me why they think their character would make a good killer.

I’ll probably set up a Character Sign up sheet area in a bit for those who’ve messaged me with interest 😁

Is there a certain way you want to go about character creation?
I’ll set up a page with character sheets. I’m not really very picky about specific details, just looking for characters I think would be interesting to see interact in the situation. Although with that being said I do think it’d be fun to get some characters that mirror archetypes in 80s slasher films.

Is there any character arch type you are interested in having?
I think seeing some character archetypes from 1980s slashers would be fun. The final girl, the jock, the red herring etc etc. Although I’d like these characters to be a bit more three dimensional and maybe subvert these tropes.

I was interested in a playing a stereotypical naïve rich girl with Daddy's credit card that joins in because it sounds fun instead of being scared.

I'm interested in this idea! I love 80's slasher flicks, and am totally down to join.
I was interested in a playing a stereotypical naïve rich girl with Daddy's credit card that joins in because it sounds fun instead of being scared.
Is there a certain way you want to go about character creation?

Alright! The character sheet is up! Realistic or Modern - Student Bodies Character Sign Up

I included some NPC Character skeletons so you could get a feel for the type of characters I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back