• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Fine, but just be warned, all of you. Magic isn't everything, and neither is pacifism."
"It ain't pacifism, kid; it's common sense." The gunslinger grunts, and takes a half step back, though his hands are still on his weapons. "Just don't go nuts, yeah? I don't think anybody here wants to deal with a knife-wielding maniac."

Tzuriel, now standing, throws up his hand again, about to shout another flurry of inquiries - but is interrupted by Harper. "Before ya scream my ears off again, you're stuck in this room with us, and you're probably from a different timeline than anybody else here."

The horned man lowers his arms. "Ah. I see..." He makes a square between his fingers, compressing the air nearby, until it's in the shape of a burning red cube. He twiddles it between his fingers. "Stuck in a cube, hmm? Not a position I expected to ever find myself in." He pushes his power out into the floor, but finds it cannot take hold of the white surface. Unfortunate, concerning, yes...

"Fuck you, just because i use some magic doesn't make me a sorcerer. In fact, this is considered a form of martial arts where I'm from, not magic. I ain't no mage. I don't even know anything from any of the schools of magic, not even Restoration." Sabjorn snapped back, more than ready for a fight. "If you want to go, I welcome you to try using that little knife of yours, see if it'll pierce both my Spiked Armor and my plate mail. I dare you. Then I'll get a turn, how would you like getting poisoned, huh?!"

Vex rolled his eyes and sheathed his blade, receiving a nod from Avram.
For a moment, Sabjorn's diatribe tempted him to unfurl it once more.
"Oh can it! Magic is magic to me, regardless of what stupid word you use instead of the right one."

Avram was beginning to feel as though both sides of this argument were horrendous.
"Why don't you both shut up, calm down, and stop riling each other up?" He half shouted and half growled.

Any longer and Apryl would have pegged the smallest of the crowd to have been a mute. An undesirable part of her wish that were the case after hearing her thoughts on not further provoking the wall.

Then again. She had a point. What was the use of angering the factors that withheld their very lives in their hands? React positively? That certainly brought the terminology reverse psychology to a literal meaning. Apryl turned her head in Nerissa’s direction, her expression indicating a caught interest in what she meant. “Right then, and have you the slightest clue how to have it react positively?”

Other chimes about the outcome of attacking the wall supported Nerissa’s observation of ‘negative’ reactions.

Apryl locked her jaw at the same question being rephrased for the umpteenth time: Where were we? Why were we here? What exactly were they doing? What year was it? Granted, she was among the few to have bypassed previous conversation answering the EXACT same question, but at this point it was becoming a broken record.

“Right. To answer everyone’s most sought out question-”

“What’s the meaning of life?”
Another tilted her head, meeting Apryl’s daggers with a sheer expression of blankedness.

What it took to not behead everyone then and there. There wasn’t a single moment of peace, sanity or cooperation. “We’re in an ever-evolving room. One that learns from us, if you will. Behaving in a hostile fashion towards it,” she paused to look at Harper, Ginny and Nerissa to acknowledge their stance from her own, “has consequences. We are left to--
-- wait a tick. How in the seven hells are you doing that?”
Her finger directed in the horned masked man’s direction. Was that magic? Was there more capability to magic than she had anticipated?

“What’s a Wayshrine?” Another long redirected her attention from Apryl’s now disconnected gaze to the larger man with the container in hand. Her lips pursed lightly at his sudden aggression. Were humans always this quick to pick fights? She peered over in Avram’s direction. “No, no not stuck! There’s a way out, I can tell! ..At least, I think I can …
… I would like to think so…”
Now that she was up and walking around, her excessive energy distributed to the rest of her body. Her eyes widened at the winged man’s attempt at the much larger man.

“I wouldn’t do that--” Both Apryl and Another’s voice caught into the air.

“He’s clearly intoxicated, leave him be.” The Englishwoman continued, side stepping to try and break them apart.

“They could be watching us right now. We wouldn’t want to entertain them. I’ve seen what happens when Supremacy notices she can use something to provoke someone or something… it isn’t good.” Another kept a fair distance from the slowly escalating fight. A silent huff of relief escapes her as the cowboy man steps in to deescalate the two. Apryl in the meantime had created a faded wall that served as a barrier from Vex and Sab, her own wrists and hands glowing the same soft yellow.

Another shifted to the horned masked man. “Nobody knows, mister. It looks like you’re not alone in this confusion. It’s spread upon the rest of us like a plague.”

“I take it back,”
Apryl grunted, focusing to keep the barrier as effective as possible. Normally it would be as natural as blinking to use her magic in this form. Fortunately for their captors, anti-magic realms had some sort of personal effect on her. “... He’s too far gone. We’re going to have to subdue him.” Green-blue eyes straggled to look at Vex, “Nobody bloody said it was. But in this particular situation, magic is going to keep us from getting poisoned from this madman.”

Among the fighting, shouting and cursing, Another took off towards the Nord. Using Vex and Harper’s shoulders as means to vault herself over closer, a set of wires emitted from her hip/thigh region, connecting itself to the wall to launch herself onto Sab’s back, hovering herself right over his shoulders with her arms around his neck. “Now, mister big human, I don’t want anything crazy to happen past what’s just happened. So why don’t you give the cowboy or the bird-man the remains of your container…”

"Why don't you both shut up, calm down, and stop riling each other up?" He half shouted and half growled.
"This man's got the right of it. If nothing else, I don't want to have to smell a rotting body in here."
“has consequences. We are left to--
-- wait a tick. How in the seven hells are you doing that?”
Tzuriel tilts his head. "A fairly simple Shaping, yes. Compression of matter into the desired form. Few are skilled as I, but the principle is basic." He dissipates the burning cube, then forms another demonstratively.

Then one of the women goes flying past, pushing off Harper's shoulder. "What in the hell!" he shouts. Where did those wires come from? His revolver flies from its holster, leveled at the android's back. "Can we please all just calm down! I don't wanna have to shoot anybody, but I will!"

At the same time, the horned man hums in interest. "What interesting abilities. And those cables - a constructed entity? Hmm..."

“But if we DO end up having to face a dead human, I know how to preserve them! Had to do them back at the lab for Supremacy all the time! She hated the smell of cadavers.” Another leveled herself so that she wasn’t in contact with Sab’s armor, but close enough to try and attempt a swift hold on him if need be. Wires from the sides of her pant-legs suspended her, using the surrounding walls as anchors.

Her gaze fixated on the revolver, slowly raising her hands from around Sabjorn’s neck. “Woah, hey now Cowboy! Let’s NOT do that! I won’t touch your friend if you put the gun down.” Another paused, searching for her voice as she looked to anyone else who planned to ‘keep the peace’ when the masked male questioned her wires. “Constructed ...what?” She looked down at the ‘entities’ keeping her in place. Shit. “A gift from Supremacy. She knew I’ve always wanted to be a spy. Of course no one in their right mind would go and take some from a spy agency, and I doubt they’re sold on-the-line; so she crafted them herself for me! I never take them off just in case I need to be elsewhere.” That was a convincing story, right? Humanity revolved around compassion and trust. If they believed her, moving past this could be smooth sailing.

“I wouldn’t exactly call any of this a friendship,” Apryl bitterly remarked lowly, “but the lass’s right. Can’t be calling peace if the next person is attacking the nearest bloke in the room. We’ll only call attention to ourselves.” Her tone drifted, a look of mesmeration overcoming her at the sight of the cubes being formed and disappearing at will. A spatial caster? Those were incredibly rare to come by. There was only one other she’s come across but those two didn’t get along too well. Something about the British taking too many territories or some hogwash.

At the mention of rotting cadavers, a look of horror ran across Avram's face. When was the last time I've had blood? Yesterday?
"Shiiit...." he muttered, immediately checking his hands for bruising, which was the first result of blood starvation. His hands were still pale enough that one could not suspect the pooling of blood. He was safe for now, in the sense that he wasn't more dangerous than usual. Whether he was safe from the others in the room was another story.

Vex, on the other hand, had looked to the android with awe. He'd always admired mechanical science, even if it wasn't the path he'd chosen.

Neither Vex nor Avram could keep good track of what was going on, but Vex remained alert with a hand near his knives.

The moment Vex pulled his knife, Ginny went stone still, and is only now starting to get it. He doesn’t know who he’s meant to kill. That… complicates matters. She swallows, pressing her back more firmly against the wall as the others argue. Best to just stay quiet… unless I can catch him by surprise, but then the others might attack. I need that knife.

"Oh, fuck off, all of you!" Sab snapped at all of them. "If I wanted I could poison you all with three words! This room is small enough, it'd effect all of you! So back the fuck off! Or I'll do it!" He neglected to mention it wouldn't kill anyone, just be severely painful.
"What? Nobody wants a piece a me? No one wants to risk getting poisoned? That's what I thought. Fuckin' cowards."

Avram turned to face Sabjorn, making harsh eye contact with him as he spoke.
"So you're willing to cause civilian casualties? Now that's what I call ruthless. My commendations to you, good sir!" His voice dripped with anger and sarcasm until he turned to Vex, saying, "Seriously though, you seem to have started it, so back off like you're being told to." He then raised his voice, looking at nobody but turned towards Vex. "And if anybody has any doubts about doing the right thing, then you're gonna get cursed."

Quickly, Vex unsheathed his dagger once more, this time actually stabbing somebody. Avram had tried to back up, but was met with the magical barrier Apryl had put up, leaving him with a knife-hole between his heart and his right shoulder. Bleeding out from the subclavian vein, his cry of pain echoed between the stark walls.
"You're not going to kill me," he said through gritted teeth, "Not as dead as you think you'd kill me, anyway."

"You're not going to curse me," replied Vex coldly, yanking out the knife.

Ginny snarls, and finally moves away from the wall, her eyes and tattoos bursting into blue flames as she charges him, trying to take the knife from him with one hand. The other hand attempts to grab his upper arm. She needs skin contact if she’s gonna do this without getting killed. Vex is a threat to her, and everyone else in this room. He needs to be neutralized. Not killed though. Ginny hates killing people she thinks she can avoid killing.
Hallucinogenic Touch - The Djinns' main ability By touching someone, they can induce a series of delusions on the mind of their target, typically causing them to enter in an unconscious, dream-like state. Inside it, a person can re-live their deepest dreams and desires, over and over again, akin to an endless loop. If the victims are strong enough, they can break free of the delusions. Another person can also enter them through dream walking.

Vex thrashes around, arms and wings flailing at the feeling of Ginny's touch, attempting to kneel down in order to avoid her grip. Vex's attempts were in vain, however, and he began to feel drowsy yet euphoric.

Avram was fighting unconsciousness as well, and it was helped by the glow of Ginny's blue flames which alarmed him somewhat. He was expecting someone to go after Vex, but not.... whatever that was.
"What the?"

Vex slumps over, the knife clattering to the floor.

Ginny snatches up the knife, quickly stowing it under her coat. “He’s fine! He’s just asleep!” She says quickly, the flames dying out as she retracts her magic, leaving her to her human appearance. She’s relieved. She has the knife. She’s safe. She takes a deep breath, before kneeling down next to Vex, adjusting him so he won’t get cramps while he’s resting.

Avram said no more, bewildered by Ginny's magic. It was flashier than any of the magic he was familiar with in his own world, but nonetheless resembled that of his brother, Caesar. Caesar had often caused people to faint if they posed a threat to anybody, which Avram found to be a tad creepy. Of course, it usually only lasted seconds, enough to disorient them, as any longer posed a more immediate and permanent threat to their brain function and life.
God, thought Avram, If only he were here. As much as we don't like each other, he'd at least be able to heal me. If he wanted to, anyway.
Avram was getting dizzy himself from the blood loss, and lowered himself to the floor to mitigate the damage.

Meanwhile, Vex dreamed of receiving a Nobel Prize for his success in finding a way to permanently void magic.

When Vex stabs Avram, Harper levels his gun again, aiming at the knife - only to be blocked by a rushing Ginny. He squints as she knocks the boy out. Her abilities don't seem to be much like that magic he's used to.

Shaking his head, he steps beside Avram and kneels to inspect the wound. "That's pretty bad looking. Anybody here a healer?"

Meanwhile, Tzuriel skitters over to the prostrate bird-thing and crouching girl. He shapes his fingers into a rectangle, a small prism forming and hovering over his hand. "If you move out of the way, I can contain this creature."

Laura just appeared from a black portal on top of the room, she was shoved into it by her mean cousin,"well... So much for that...", and in an instant, the portal closed, leaving her stuck in the room.
"Hello, where am I?...", she asked, watching conversation, to a fight happening,"are those two going to be fine, or is someone dying?", Laura asked, pulling her brunette hair back and fixing her jacket. She quickly backs up to a lonely corner in the room, for she didn't know nor saw these people in her life,"I'll stay here, and leave y'all alone, I guess..."

Another

Another caught sight of Vex, grey orbs scanning his avian-person up and down. As soon as Vex had pulled his knife, her gaze casted, switching between the Nord’s broad shoulders to the tip of the weapon. If she were to measure her current position, the android would have to eventually choose between coming in contact with the poison armor, the knife or the cowboy’s gun.

Wires whirred behind her as the suspension rose herself up and away from the shoulders she hovered herself over. Within seconds she was back on the ground, kicking the toe of her sneaker into the smooth ground. While she had stepped back from engagement, there seemed to be growing hostilities between her new-found comadres. “We’re not cowards,” she protested, her bottom lip protruding into a childish pout, “we’re… we’re smart. That’s what supremacy would say. Some fights just simply aren’t meant to be fought, especially when angry.” ( DovahBeat DovahBeat ) A new female came into existence. A rather young one at that. “They’re...just a little upset with one another, miss! It’ll be over in a jiffy! But welcome to the room of eternal suffering!” ( Virus Virus )

Apryl

“Eternal suffering,” Apryl mocked, wincing as her barrier was in contact with Vex’s knife. “Bloody hell, mate, I thought you were a bloody pacifist!” Her fingertips burned with compressed magic, the energy traveling to her kneecaps. An irritable huff escaped her once the portal opened. Yet, her attention was focused primarily on the more hostile members. “Curses? Bah. I’ve yet to see anything worth blinking at. Besides, it wouldn’t be in your best interest to subdue an entire group of people who now have all eyes on you, sir.
“And you,” her attention was now on Vex, her expression a mix between a disappointed mother and one preparing to discipline a son, “I’d think twice before you swing again.” As if on a cue, Vex was subdued, eyes shut and on the ground. She contemplated whether she had the capability of being able command others against their will, but quickly disputed it once she saw what remained of Ginny’s blue fiery appearance.

So that was a djinni’s magic.

“I must say, very well done, Ms. Ginny,” was all she offered. The barrier came down, relieving Apryl of her the scorching sensation between her fingers. Her eyebrows perked at the strange male’s offer to contain the downed avian-man.

“I… That won’t be needed, I don’t think,” the voice belonged to Another. Once Ginny had effectively diffused the situation, the hyper-realistic android re-approached the calmer end of the group, keeping a solid eye on the drunken companion. “He’s asleep as is. No need to kick a horse-- er-- bird-- while he’s down, right?"

She still wasn't sure what was going on, or even where she was., but Laura didn't bother to ask again. She just watched from a far distance, or so she thought was far enough,"Jeesh, it's cramped...", she saw the android looking human, the mermaid girl, all of the strange beings. "Hmph, at least no one has magic like mine... ",her electric powers surged as she used it, it made her hair stand on end. She never used her dark magic, except at dark or in the dark.

"Well, I guess I'll die before something happens to me", stupidly stating, Laura was smart, but sometimes a bit stupid. She grabbed a box of crystals, magic crystals, and opened it, but her hands slipped, causing all of them to fall out,"oh dam!". She quickly picked them up, but one was at a strange cloaked person ( Stikes Stikes ),"sorry sir, but that crystal, may I have it?", asking very kindly, for she saw a huge knife and revolver in his hands.

One minute she was arguing with the British girl about how best to handle the room, and the next there was... nothing. Void. Blackness. Her mind felt heavy, and it was hard to think. Her body didn't seem to exist, at least not in any way she could feel. It was disorienting, and she knew if she spent too long here she'd go insane. There was a sudden whoosh, and white walls wrapped back around her. She yelped as she was dropped back onto the floor, her body shaking with fear over what had just happened. She knew, in some instinctual way, that she'd stopped existing. For how long she didn't know. Did the room have that much power, that it could just blink people in and out of existence? Despair rushed over her. How would they ever escape something like that?

Her eyes turned up from where she was sitting, taking in all of the occupants in the room. The original occupants, the ones who had appeared right before she'd... left, who she never actually got introduced to, and yet another new one. The room was getting cramped. At the very least, they needed to think of a way to make the room grow, the way it had shrank. At the very least, how to keep from ever leaving existence again. She shuddered. If she remembered correctly, Ginny had made the walls grow a little speaking kindly to it. Maybe that was the key. If violence made it shrink, treating it kindly would make it grow.

She took a deep breath, trying to orient herself, to figure out what was going on, before she would share her hypothesis. Her eyes caught the site of something long and black laying across the floor, and she gazed at it without comprehending for a moment. When recognition sank in she shrieked at the sight, flexing her body and seeing it move. Her tail was out! She was in mermaid form! What had happened between blinking in and out of existence that had put her back in her true form? Why didn't she have legs anymore? She felt incredibly vulnerable, this form absolutely useless outside of water.

Last edited:
"Oh, fuck off! You don't know me! You don't know who I am or what I've been through or what I can do! So just fuck off!" Sab snapped back at those who responded to his previous taunts. Then, the hot rocky armor he had reverted back into his skin as he leaned back against the wall. A sign he wasn't going to get into a fight, or at least wasn't planning on it.
He ignored the rest of them for the most part, continuing to drink from his bottle of mead.

"Whoa...", Laura watched in amazement, her eyes turned black, telling everyone to either stay away or fight. "Someone's mad, what's going on...", she gotten up and walked to a dark corner, to stay out of sight. Laura quickly grabbed the crystal from the cloaked man Witt her dark magic, but she didn't notice that everyone could've been watching, "no ones watching, calm down", she repeated to herself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back