• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern I'd rather have a good time but I'll settle for great

American queen

Glorified Nap Dealer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello, call me Crissy. I'm looking for 3-7+ paragraph semi-detailed roleplay with someone who enjoys exploring human psyche and pushing characters to their limits. I enjoy tension, conflict, secrecy, manipulation, betrayal– I think you understand the point. Characters will develop and have introspective breakdowns at times for potential growth. I explore their weaknesses and disappointments, and see what happens when they have to toe the moral line. I am a mad brainstormer most of the time, and I love having a partner who contributes to that. If we are a good pair, I'm sure our writing will flow easily, and that's what I'm looking for!

I don't have as much time to roleplay as I once did. So shorter responses are used as well, given enough details.

The cold road to the King of Frankräich

Spring, 1558

Evariste’s very soul seeped grey, mirroring the grim sky hovering above that wretched royal carriage. Oneself can be warmed in body by red velvet seats and fur lined stoles surrounding them. A spirit needs be warmed by love and joyful ideals. This journey by land and sea had been far from joyful or ideal. Stopping a war ought to be done easily through pen and parchment. And you, the reader, should be certain that the passenger inside this gilded carriage used every painstaking pleasantry in her trained mind to have the task done so easily. Everything within her toiled at the King’s request that she visit the royal court in Frankraich.

This year the icy clutch of winter was remiss to retreat. Like the Veitslandic barbarians in rank on the southeast border of Leifstod. The thought was a painful reminder of how desperate Evariste was to bring aid back from the King of Frankraich. The people of Leifstod had faced a hungry winter, with failing crops and orchards, and demand for imported Leifstodian beer dropping. If all had been peaceful they might have made it to spring, or certainly could have bartered with the southern regions who had successful harvests. And Evariste’s brother Titus gave great pleas to arrange such. But the Viscontess of Hyonviere didn’t enjoy the idea of merchants and gaurds traveling north through Veitsland to trade. Even the Duke of Jyonsland, her father’s Uncle, refused to give a measure of wheat. What a terrible year for his son to be wed to the pearl of Veitsland.

What a great and terrible year.

The Grand Duke of Veitsland was a man hungry for land and wealth. A sort of man who brings justice of his own measure to any who would even breathe in a manner displeasing to him. Most nobility do strive for power, but he for dominion and the increase of his pelf. His gaze, voracious for land, set upon Leifstod when the health of Evariste’s Father declined. Which left Titus at the helm of a ship he wasn’t ready to captain. Evariste had studied the political climate simply by observance in the corner of her Father’s counsel chambers. He had always seen it wise to have both of his children thoroughly learned in statesmanship, seeing as he had only one son, and young men die for countless stupid reasons. For Evariste, it was second nature to navigate the nations wants and weaknesses. Women do tend to have more insight of personal character than men, which is helpful in court. Of course Titus had been trained from a young age as well, but his character was far too honest to persuade others through tactical diplomacy. He simply asked for exactly what he wanted, unrealizing that egos need to be stroked and bought with charm. Everyone in the world strives in serving their personal objectives. Titus was too optimistic to see that.

Evariste wished her Mother, ever rest her soul, remained to guide this next tactical effort. The King of Frankraich was her mother’s second cousin. This traced to their shared grandfather Mark VII, whose legacy had been to conquer the 6 regions of today’s Frankraich into a kingdom. The Grand Duchy of Veitsland, the Duchy of Jyonsland, the Duchy of Leifstod, the Viscounty of Hyvoniere, the Barony of Sutherland, and the margraviate region of Kinsmacht.That same royal legacy flowed through Evariste’s veins. The same blood boiling at the thought of Veitsland coming against her family at its weakest like barbaric cowards. The same blue blood pounding her temples at every jostle in this damned road. Her pale hand lifted to dispel the discomfort there.

“How many hours until arrival?” Evariste made no effort to mask the irritation filling her vessel. The reply of the driver was no balm of any sort. Her feet would not be warm until they met their destination at dusk. Her red gloved hand swifted back the curtain out of sheer impatience. Her dark eyes studied the royal guard traveling outside her window. An explorative idea of slipping beneath the carriage and dying of frostbite in the snow caused a rueful smile to cross her lips. If only it was possible to execute without the armed men noticing her disappearance. Curses.

The only choice was to commit to personal death. One where she pleaded with the King to interfere on her homeland’s behalf. On his cousin’s behalf, or his people’s behalf. Whatever may sway his mind. Perhaps she could pledge troops or extra taxes to him in exchange. Free aid would never be attractive to him, and ven if offered, Leifstod would appear weak to accept.

She had no sweet courtesy or offer to lean upon, only for to hear the purpose of this required journey from Richard II’s own lips. When a King sends his own horses and carriage to bring you to him, the same being would be foolish to present their own requests first, lest they leave a bitter taste on the King’s lips. And with Richard II as King, one's neck was only ever a hesitation away from departing with the rest of its decolletage.

QUALIFICATIONS

• 20-30 aged partner preferred, as I'm 25.
  • Please give descriptive responses that propel the plotline, and have a good grasp on the inglés. I have a writing example above.
  • Third person past tense; par for the course.
  • If romance organically occurs, I am most comfortable with M x F.
  • I will always ask for a writing sample. Chemistry is very important to me!
  • I love brainstorming with others, bring ideas!
  • I don't expect a long term partner out of this, though I do hope one of these ideas will be interesting enough for you to stay a while.

PLOTS

I will play X in the plots listed, though I am very workable. I generally play strong or hardened characters, who have plenty of opportunities for development. This is usually what moves the story along for me. I'm ALWAYS okay with hearing your ideas so don't be afraid to PM me.
**= High interest in this plot

Modern:

Tags: Corporate corruption, big city, power balance, psychological, Millions-esque

X has been an in-house therapist at Ace corporation for 2 years. She is a by the book kind of woman, and stringent at that. Her office is pretty quiet, occasionally seeing upper management venting to her their frustrations. But a new policy has been voted in place by the board of HR that every new hire must take a full psych assessment.

Z is a man on his way to the top of the corporate ladder. He's never understood the word 'mediocre' in his life, nor the idea of someone being in authority above him. Oh, don't get me wrong. Z is a charmer- manipulative even. He's been hired on by Ace corporation with the promise of becoming a vice president if he trades information about his previous company. Z knows it's not really about how good his work is, but about corporate ass kissing and trade secrets. The only thing that stands in his way is votes of confidence from the board of directors, and some damn therapist.

X's assessment is not good. Z is nearly a psychopath, smiling and shmoozing to get whatever he wants. When Z realizes X isn't fooled, he blackmails and intimidates her with secrets she thought nobody knew. Will X be able to get her real report to the chairmen? Or will Z never let that happen?

Historical:

- Medieval (Low-fantasy or loose reality)

Tags: Medieval, lite world build, imprisonment, inquisition, religious hypocrisy

X is a political activist of sorts, the leader of a cult following of skilled men and women, all with one goal; To expose the hypocrisy which takes place behind closed doors of the liturgical. But during a raid for precious artifacts, X is captured and held in abominable conditions to be questioned and tortued. But when the inquisitor reveals their face, X recognizes them from childhood. Using it as leverage for trust, X tells them she'll lead them to the 'cult leader' and their storehouse– only if Y accompanies her.

Y is an inquisitor. The world is black and white, and the church above all else is to be protected. How long had it been that way for him, and did that matter? It was always people like X he was glad to pursue, the ones who thought to get away with blasphemy. But when he realizes she's someone from the past, it's more difficult to think of his tactics as a holy duty.

Will Y find out X is the revolt leader? Will he squash the underbelly of the nation, or will X win him over to her side?

Tags: Medieval, lite world build, Nobility, lifelong enemies, arranged marriage, secret society, espionage, worldbuilding

Character A and B belong to two different royal/noble families whose empires have been waging war on each other for many years. Once a precarious truce is negotiated during a stalemate, it is arranged for A and B to marry in order to forge an alliance. However, apart from the fact that they obviously see each other as enemies, both of them secretly belong to powerful covert societies/guilds that have very conflicting interests and ideas on how the world should be run. These societies have agents everywhere and are locked in a constant power-play throughout the centuries, trying to get the upper-hand. As soon as these societies find out that they have a powerful new piece in the opposition’s field (given the marriage), all kinds of new plots emerge. Character A and B are now forced to win each other over, whilst hiding their true intentions from one another and the courts.

(I have a worldbuilding idea/premade setting for this which includes rich cultures made from scratch. I envision the characters coming from very opposite cultures. I'd love to have my partner's input, there's plenty of room for filling out the world.)

Tags: Adventure, knights, assassins, cults, grim themes, political unrest, combat

Y is a knight, highly trusted and known by the King. Many times Y is the man picking up that which falls between the lines of honor. The King's newest mission is for Y to deliver a package to their enemy kingdom- a peace offering. Only, the package is a woman, X.

It's needful to say, X is highly aware of the fact she is the opposite of a peace offering. She's been trained– brainwashed from birth by an underground cult to serve the Kingdom for the sake of God and glory. Her exact task is confidential, though Y tries his best to pry it out of her. X has always been told to be wary of everything - especially men.

The two actually hate each other, but that's another matter. For the kings sake they set aside their differences. What bothers Y the most, is that her story is all too similar to his own.

What will X decide to do when she learns the world isn't better or worse than she's been told. Only different. And how will Y live life as it was once he discovers repressed memories, terrors about humanity, the mind, and his own beloved king?

- Ancient Rome
Tags: ancient rome, poor and rich, slave, con artists, burglery, minor politics

Y is a publican. Z is a person who has hit a low point in their life, though hasn't always been found rummaging through the garbage. They've become bolder with how they acquire their food, and Y catches their eye one day, when an opportunity to pick their coin purse is too good to pass up. Besides, it won't harm someone like a publican, right?

Catching Z in the act, Y makes them swear an oath of service as an indentured slave. Not a cruel fate, and temporary. But once Y realizes they have a new scapegoat for their own conniving plans, they take full advantage of Z's sneaking and thievery to gain information about political figures and use it to climb the social ladder. All goes smoothly, until they both get caught up in a web of high society and its lies.

(I don't mind either part, and though I prefer female roles, I can certainly write a male part well and enjoy it.)

Other interests:

Medieval (world build or realistic)
Ancient Rome
Ancient settings and cultures
World-building
I can be persuaded for any historical era given an interesting plot
Natural enemies
Political
Law enforcement
Moral dilemmas

PM me if you're interested, or have any plots of your own!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back