• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Striders

Enkerzed

Dusty Wanderer
STRIDERS

77eebc26b1.jpg

Shattered by ancient wars,

The land weeps.

Shrouded in blighted ash,

The sky darkens.

And in the final long hour...

2a3f5f4384.jpg

The world breathes its last

But we stagger on.

Dust. Not the regular kind but the one beginning with a capital 'D'. The kind that poisoned the surface of the world and drove humanity underground. No one knows what it is or where it came from, or even how long it's been around. As far as I know, things have always been this way. But from what I've heard, it's like an entirely different reality on the surface and it's all because of the Dust.

Ruins as far as the eye can see, remnants of the old world just sitting around, waiting to be found. Steel giants, towers of glass, lost technology and mysterious artifacts. There's also monsters, not like the odd big bug we get down here but I mean real beasties, and freak storms that can erase any living thing from existence. Just gone, not even a hair left behind. There's also talk about literal magic, things that happen through forces unknown, but I suppose that's just what they call anything that can't be explained.

And then there's the Dust. Sky's silver with it, air's nothing but and the land turns pink wherever it settles, like a raw wound or skin rash. Breathe too much of it for too long and you'll get sick... or change rather. You hear voices before it happens, like a distant echo that gets louder and closer the longer you stick around. Some can't stand it, start to go crazy and hurt, maybe even kill themselves or others around them. They only get better when they return to the underworld, but then, well, they're not called surface junkies for nothing.

Sure, they'll stay around long enough to mend, but then the itch sets in. Start to get restless. Doesn't matter how much it hurts neither and they know it will, they just go topside again as soon as they're able and the cycle repeats until they come back broken or don't at all. It's what happened to my mum... what's happening to my dad. It's probably going to happen to me too when I go looking for him, but that's the Strider's life for ya I guess.

To summarize, this is a post-apocalyptic sci-fi fantasy rp inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Hyper Light Drifter, Final Fantasy 7 and a dash of Made in Abyss, and that little blurb above was from the perspective of my character who'll be organizing an expedition to the surface. Tech level is Final Fantasy 7ish, humanity lives underground, Striders are adventurers who brave the surface for artifacts and whatnot, and magic will be a thing in the rp, but not accessible to our characters for they are mere mortal humans (though this may change later on). Interested?

UPDATE: Striders (IC) has been setup.
UPDATE: Striders (CS) and Striders (OOC) has been setup.

Last edited:
Alrighty, time I get started setting up this rp. If anyone's got any questions in the meantime, feel free to ask away.

S Shabazz thanks for the offer but that won't be necessary. We won't be spending much time in the underworld when the rp begins.

Everyone else, thank you all for the show of interest. I'll try to get everything setup ASAP. Won't be long now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back