• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Street Magic || Detailed Urban Fantasy Sandbox (With a Twist) || ALWAYS OPEN || THREAD UPDATED

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
full

Street Magic

IC || OOC || CS || Rules || Lore
Within many works of fiction today, magic and the general unknown are treated as something enormously special. Very few being able to manipulate the world around them with the handful being tasked with saving the world, the supernatural being either noble and humble or ruthless and powerful. The paranormal being referenced to carefully as though the spirits they mention could come out of the screen or pages and haunt them.

This, in reality, couldn't be farther from the truth.

Nowadays, everything isn't as wound up as in the many myths and fairy tales we all read as children. At least, here within the city. Where vampires are cooperate CEOs even though most couldn't tell them from the fey working in a tattoo parlor or the alchemist spiking the coffees they serve in a local café. It isn't that the supernatural and magic is special, just... unknown. It may seem as such to those don't experience it daily, but for those that do... it's completely and utterly normal.

Information
Alright, I've wanted to open a sandbox-y type RP for awhile, sad now that I have the time and am bored here it is. But, I wanted to spice the cliche large city modern supernatural world up a bit. That being said, humans and supernatural beings have already gotten past the front of the hostility and are coexisting extremely well. Magic is normal for most if not all humans and them alike to witness on a daily bases. Werewolf packs operate as giant families and fill up school auditoriums, siren and human weddings are held on beaches, weather mages are putting human meteorologists to shame on late night news channels, vampires approaching their lover's family to get permission to turn them, so on and so forth.

But then there's the "b-but how will I roleplay my forbidden love supernatural fantasies and drama?!"

That's the thing. Try to survive without it. Not many people try to delve into the whole "what if humans were mostly chill with it" and so that's what I'm presenting before you now.

Structure
Street Magic is a unique Rp setting that runs off of the idea of an open sandbox environment, while also open applications for arc by players. If a player decides that they wish to run an Arc in the sandbox, they must fill out the application form in the Arc Application thread. This application will be viewed over by the GM's (Stone, Vengeance Spirit, and zCrookedz). During the review process, the GM's will determine the complexity, longevity, and the viability of the Arch to the overall Rp. They will then assign the Arch a maximum number of occupants, that the Arch GM may fill with players that they wish for the Rp. Should the application pass, and the character occupancy be assigned, the Arc GM will be contacted and given a thread to begin their Arch. The GM's and Co-GM's will keep tabs on all Arc's that are playing in case changes need to be made or contact with the Arc GM is necessary. All rules for RpN and the the GM's (StoneWolf18) rules apply, and the GM has final say on all ideas and issues.

Should someone not want to participate in a larger plot at this time, they are able to go into the free/sandbox location threads and roleplay freely without a concrete structure. However should this devolve into a 1x1 or larger plot, we encourage filling out an application to keep the threads from getting cluttered.

Rules
  • This will be a detailed roleplay that I would like to last for a reasonable length of time. That being said, one post a day or so of 3 or more paragraphs would be ideal although less is more when interacting. One-liners and no effort won't be tolerated.
  • The official GM is StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 with my co-gms being zCrookedz zCrookedz and Vengeance Spirit Vengeance Spirit .
  • I am much more strict than most when I comes to supernatural races and magically abilities. Ask me before making a CS if and when they are made and I'll list what you can and can't do as something. Generally I dislike kitsunes, Demi-gods, gods, reapers, and any thing that is extremely powerful in its own mythology.
  • Discord is recommended for communication and that will most likely be preferred over an OOC thread. (Link is found on the OOC thread)
  • All characters are going to be 21+ with no exceptions (though I prefer older,) your average joe (so no models, CEOs, and if the like,) and a limit of two each (prone to change). This is to focus the story a bit more. Why an age limit? Well, let's think. First off most would be in school, if you only have one or two minors out of adults, there's limited interaction. Second, who in their right mind would let their kid hang out with a bunch of adults that are potentially 10+ years older than them? Third, entering bars and other such areas would leave them outside. Fourth, I'm sick and tired of people not playing them correctly. And finally, I was once in a group RP where a 14 year old boy and a 25 year old woman got physical. Never. Again. You can be 23 with a 60 year old for all I care, but if it isn't legal, no thanks.
  • Just have fun y'all, don't be so wound up. Lemme know if you're interested or any questions at had. ^^
Coded By || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back