Journal Strawberry's Journal

Honestly shouldn't listen to anything I say lmao but you did say to comment so i'mma throw my two cents my ten cents is free. Personally I think this it a little black and white thinking. We all act differently around different people. Being formal around your boss and informal around you friends the way you act around your crush for example is gonna be different from the way you act around everyone else, its natural to be someone your not sometimes and the person you are other times. I think maybe try not finding a balance but blending the two sides together. The mind is like a lake you throw things into, try not to separate the lake like oil and water but blend it to make it clearer for yourself and for the people around you to gaze into the beautiful thoughts you throw within. I personally don't think our actions define who we are all the time more like water pretty flexible in a infinite amount of ways.

I honestly feel very bad about spoiling the sincerity and I feel like I'm being very harsh LOL I'm sorry I'mma not post again. I think you wanted a second option doe, hope I helped. because I also like just reading the thoughts as is, I think its relaxing. I also think its very brave to write your thoughts out here like this and I don't wanna snuff out that courage.
What do you mean not going to post again! You should, your thoughts were actually really insightful. I really like your analogy about the mind being like a lake and that maybe I should try to blend certain aspects of myself together, to hopefully find balance. It is going to take time, and lots of effort, but if you want I will keep you updated. Thank you for your thoughts, you were not harsh at all! Thank you.

It's been a week since I allowed someone back into my life. She and I had a rapidly declining relationship after some incidents in late 2017. But to talk to her again, and her telling me that I'm the only person that was really there for her, broke my heart. But she's happy I'm back, she doesn't really know how to make friends or communicate anymore, and I feel like I should help her, just like she helped me all those years ago. My best friends of course were very worried and apprehensive of this, but I know she's a different person now. It's funny, how my mom predicted we'd be friends again, well she's right LOL.

It's nice to talk to her though, and get to know the new version of her, who is trying her best even more now. She's a good friend, and I'm happy to talk to her.

I don't think it's uncommon to feel this way. People are basically social chameleons and change their personality depending on where they are and with whom. There have been plenty of studies involving infants being exposed to different types of stimuli (angry person, sad person, quiet person, loud person, ect.) and even people who haven't yet learned to talk or walk know how to change their behaviour relative to their surrounding environment.

Feeling like you're two different people or like you're a different person around each different group is totally normal and totally human. It's just mother nature's way of helping you fit in.
Ah thank you, I just tend to feel bad that I have to flip a switch so quickly. It actually gets tiring, but I think I'm starting to get better at it. Though, it is tiring to be honest with you, and like Cheesemick Cheesemick said, I should try and find a balance between the two, and mix aspects of each other together.

And thank you for that, I genuinely tend to think I'm a bad person for keeping those sides like completely separate and such.

I have a fever and I hate it so much. I'm having a hard time walking up my stairs and standing up straight. It's probably due to the sudden weather changes 🤠

I,,, i recovered from my fever, but now I am literally in tears bc my friend in France, has COVID now and I'm like NoOo
I'll keep you posted on her condition whenever she updates me and the rest of our friend group.

Let's hope your friend is doing okay at the moment. ^_^
Thank you. I'm surprised I'm actually crying, because I only met her and the others a few days ago. I guess that's what happens when you grow attached to a group of people who are very similar to you LOL.

When ya really click with someone, I can imagine things like that aren't too uncommon at all. It goes to show the depth of your feelings already!

Thinking about the boy who broke my heart many times and the last time was last year, thus causing me to be very reckless and fall in and out of "love" with random internet strangers, but it only hurt me more. Hey yeah uh (REDACTED) I hate you. I think about it all on a daily basis, and I should've known better, but I didn't. I thought it would be different, but no. Anyways yeah screw you, I'm thriving, I got accepted into my dream school AND I'm learning self love finally. I'm finally where I'm meant to be <3

My new phone case came in the mail today. It has little stars and moons on it, and it is just so cute. Now people can finally stop touching my phone bc I had one of those phone cases with the bubbles on it (like a pop its case). I get agitated when people touch my phone, I'm not hiding anything, I just see it as a part of my personal space if that makes sense. I'll probably only use the bubble case when I'm home lol.

I'm listening to House of Memories and I feel like making a comic based on it about one of my ocs,,, but i have so many wips dfdfkk one day I'll get to it.

One of my friends say the song reminds me of them and im like,, hum

Today is one of my best friends' birthdays. She had a rough birthday this year though, and I feel so bad for her. Her mom had to be taken to the hospital (last night), and they didn't leave the hospital until about 5 in the morning. She's been really sad, and I wish I knew how to help, but like my friend says, me just listening to her has been the best thing I can do. But to anyone reading this, do you mind keeping my friend and her mom in your thoughts? Thanks. <3

Last edited:
Not me ranting to r/badRPerStories subreddit bc I'm at my wits end with someone's roleplay with me. (Not anyone here particularly). I wonder what advice I'll get from there lol. I'll post what I posted on there, below:
(So if you guys have any advice, by all means feel free to put in your thoughts!)

The Post:

So my friend, that I met on Amino, wanted to start roleplaying within the universe I created for a writing project. They really love all my characters for it and the world building, which I find to be really sweet and flattering. (As it's been a while since I've written actual stories by myself, so having someone be interested in my work, it just makes me happy.)

However they wanted to make a self insert into the universe and explore the realm. This I was fine with, as my best friend and I have done this with our own writing projects together, growing up. But then they wanted to be best friends with one of the main characters. So I made an OC for myself to help make this work. And in the story the two main characters are both dating, but my friend seems to ignore this. As their self insert is slowly hitting on my one main character, and I make my main character clearly uncomfortable. Also, I asked them to maybe make up some other characters, because they also expect me to roleplay, my side character, both of my main characters, and any other supporting characters in the actual canon piece, that I'm writing.

So I would be over here writing about 4 to 12 paragraphs (depending on how much detail I feel like giving and depending on what my other characters are doing), while they write 2 or 3 paragraphs about their "OC" doing whatever; but then gets mad if I lessen the amount of detail I post per my replies. However they refuse to make any other characters, because in their words: "I'm not good at making OCs." ((To be honest I don't care if the characters are terribly written and lack detail, just try your best is what I say)).

If you were in my place, what would you do? They're very sensitive to criticism so if you have a solution, please I am begging you, to let me know aha.

It seems like you're stuck in something of a tough situation; I commend your patience in dealing with it so far.

The one thing that is worth mentioning, and what your friend seems to be ignoring, is that this world is all your work: not your friend's, yours.

If they had some tact, they should realise that their character ought to fit in with the pre-established world as you permit and encourage, whilst allowing for some autonomy on your friend's part. In the very same manner that you wouldn't try to make characters to deliberately mess with the theme or timbre of a group roleplay, and what the said-GM has in mind for it, your friend should likewise be sensitive and understanding of where you want to see this world you've crafted up, go, and the generosity you've shown in letting play a role in it.

If they choose to remain ignorant about your feelings, desipte making them doubly clear through your character's own reaction, continue to be oblivious to the amount of work you're putting into each post AND still looking to upset the direction of the story, perhaps a break would be in order. Taking some time for yourself, to breathe, away from the annoyance of the situation, while your friend will hopefully takes the pause in roleplaying to consider why you've done this and how they, themselves, have been complicit in bringing about this action.

I know this must be difficult, especially since they're a friend, so I hope what I've said here might be helpful, even in the slightest of ways.

I hope the situation resolves itself for ya soon. :closed eyes open smile:

It seems like you're stuck in something of a tough situation; I commend your patience in dealing with it so far.

The one thing that is worth mentioning, and what your friend seems to be ignoring, is that this world is all your work: not your friend's, yours.

If they had some tact, they should realise that their character ought to fit in with the pre-established world as you permit and encourage, whilst allowing for some autonomy on your friend's part. In the very same manner that you wouldn't try to make characters to deliberately mess with the theme or timbre of a group roleplay, and what the said-GM has in mind for it, your friend should likewise be sensitive and understanding of where you want to see this world you've crafted up, go, and the generosity you've shown in letting play a role in it.

If they choose to remain ignorant about your feelings, desipte making them doubly clear through your character's own reaction, continue to be oblivious to the amount of work you're putting into each post AND still looking to upset the direction of the story, perhaps a break would be in order. Taking some time for yourself, to breathe, away from the annoyance of the situation, while your friend will hopefully takes the pause in roleplaying to consider why you've done this and how they, themselves, have been complicit in bringing about this action.

I know this must be difficult, especially since they're a friend, so I hope what I've said here might be helpful, even in the slightest of ways.

I hope the situation resolves itself for ya soon. :closed eyes open smile:
Thank you for this.

It has become my least favorite RP to be honest, because my other friends and I created our own universes together and put in an equal amount of effort, and say if one of us is lacking one day (say I do 40% of my share one day, my friends do 60% and once I feel up to it, I make up by doing 60% and they can just chill I guess lol, idk if I'm making sense). And I honestly just want to go back to my friend being like "omg your ocs are so cool I love what Nora (my OC) said to her mom, that was so brave!" and comments like that, that's what motivated me to keep going with my story in general.

My best friend and I were talking about it, and she asked if maybe this friend sees the OC as a form of me. Because Evie (my OC) and I sort of have similar appearences (short brown hair and brown eyes), but we have completely different personalities. And I'm starting to wonder that too. I don't know, it's just all crazy.

I know how ya mean by sharing the workload; reciprocating is the key to such things working out smoothly, and if there's a lack of it, it'll turn out how it is with your friend.

I think our OC's are all forms of us, whether that'd be using our own appearances, personalities, goals and ambitions as a part of their respective character(s). Nobody can really escape themselves seeping into their characters, or so I'd like to think. :3D:

One thing ya can do, though I can well imagine you've done so already, is a have an honest, 1-on-1 conversation with them. Explains your grievances, why they're (your friend) compounding them by refusing to act in an accomodating way and, if there's no change in how they go about interacting with yoy, that the roleplay might be dropped altogether, for your own peace of mind.

Forgive me if that sounds overbearing on my part, I just like to try and help at all if buckos are in a pinch. 😞

Aside from this, I hope the day has been going well for ya!

I know how ya mean by sharing the workload; reciprocating is the key to such things working out smoothly, and if there's a lack of it, it'll turn out how it is with your friend.

I think our OC's are all forms of us, whether that'd be using our own appearances, personalities, goals and ambitions as a part of their respective character(s). Nobody can really escape themselves seeping into their characters, or so I'd like to think. :3D:

One thing ya can do, though I can well imagine you've done so already, is a have an honest, 1-on-1 conversation with them. Explains your grievances, why they're (your friend) compounding them by refusing to act in an accomodating way and, if there's no change in how they go about interacting with yoy, that the roleplay might be dropped altogether, for your own peace of mind.

Forgive me if that sounds overbearing on my part, I just like to try and help at all if buckos are in a pinch. 😞

Aside from this, I hope the day has been going well for ya!
Aww thank you, I hope your day is going pretty well too! And also thank you for giving me advice and being a genuinely helpful person like no matter the subject <3

Surprisingly I just checked their reply to my last response, and without any buildup or anything, their OC went and kissed mine. Like full on smooch. (And for once they put details, like it was so weird???) And I'm just here like "WHAT WHAT NO NO NO N O" (sorry for sudden caps). So I just decided to not reply for a bit because seriously, how do you come back from that??? And this was the OC that was very uncomfortable with their advances.

And I agree! One of my oldest OCs was actually my old persona, but now she's just a regular OC, who owns a sword lol. I like to think of my characters as my children, even though some of them are ancient deities for the stories I come up with, so that's always fun.

Feckin' hell, they wasted no time!

I'll leave ya so that you can think of where you want to go with this. I hope ya come to the right decision, or a decision that works out best for yourself! 😊

Not me ranting to r/badRPerStories subreddit bc I'm at my wits end with someone's roleplay with me. (Not anyone here particularly). I wonder what advice I'll get from there lol. I'll post what I posted on there, below:
(So if you guys have any advice, by all means feel free to put in your thoughts!)

The Post:

So my friend, that I met on Amino, wanted to start roleplaying within the universe I created for a writing project. They really love all my characters for it and the world building, which I find to be really sweet and flattering. (As it's been a while since I've written actual stories by myself, so having someone be interested in my work, it just makes me happy.)

However they wanted to make a self insert into the universe and explore the realm. This I was fine with, as my best friend and I have done this with our own writing projects together, growing up. But then they wanted to be best friends with one of the main characters. So I made an OC for myself to help make this work. And in the story the two main characters are both dating, but my friend seems to ignore this. As their self insert is slowly hitting on my one main character, and I make my main character clearly uncomfortable. Also, I asked them to maybe make up some other characters, because they also expect me to roleplay, my side character, both of my main characters, and any other supporting characters in the actual canon piece, that I'm writing.

So I would be over here writing about 4 to 12 paragraphs (depending on how much detail I feel like giving and depending on what my other characters are doing), while they write 2 or 3 paragraphs about their "OC" doing whatever; but then gets mad if I lessen the amount of detail I post per my replies. However they refuse to make any other characters, because in their words: "I'm not good at making OCs." ((To be honest I don't care if the characters are terribly written and lack detail, just try your best is what I say)).

If you were in my place, what would you do? They're very sensitive to criticism so if you have a solution, please I am begging you, to let me know aha.
Heyo! Baphomet here to give some sagely advice! No matter how awkward or difficult it may be, some people just need to be let go from your life. My personal suggestion is to gently let them down. Tell them you don't think they fit in well with your RP. You can be honest and tell them they make you uncomfortable. This is the approach I'd use because it's not cool for them to act that way. Especially with just forcefully inserting themselves. I think many things, like dating and going in for a kiss with your character, should be discussed OOC. Even if that kiss turns out to be a rejection, at least it was talked about before-hand.

Or you can just tell them you don't want them there because it's your RP and you can do what you want. XD Ultimately, they have to respect your decision. I'm not familiar with Amino, nor their rules, but I doubt it says you have to give people reasons for not wanting to RP with them. And if they continue bickering and trying to insert themselves, that's when a moderator or admin could come in handy, as well as any block/ignore features the site may have.

Not everyone is meant to be a part of your life, or your role play world. It should be your sanctuary, free from harassment. You're amazing, you don't deserve people like that in your life.

Good morning! I just woke up, I went to bed relatively early last night, 11:30 last night. (That's pretty early for me!). I've been working on character bios for my OCs, and I'll be honest, I actually really dislike that people want me to have super detailed bios. Like if that's your thing, then by all means, please do what makes you happy! But as for me I tend to make new OCs for any roleplays that I do, and I like to keep it basic, and add to them as time goes on, I dislike having everything laid out the second I make them. I like getting to know my character, just as much as the other person and their character. I dunno. All I know is I seperated myself from a very negative RP experience this week, and I'm very proud of myself for that. They still bug me to continue, but I explained to this person several times, (as they are my friend too), that no I will not continue this roleplay as it is not healthy for me, nor does it make me happy. One day they'll understand. I hope.

Heyo! Baphomet here to give some sagely advice! No matter how awkward or difficult it may be, some people just need to be let go from your life. My personal suggestion is to gently let them down. Tell them you don't think they fit in well with your RP. You can be honest and tell them they make you uncomfortable. This is the approach I'd use because it's not cool for them to act that way. Especially with just forcefully inserting themselves. I think many things, like dating and going in for a kiss with your character, should be discussed OOC. Even if that kiss turns out to be a rejection, at least it was talked about before-hand.

Or you can just tell them you don't want them there because it's your RP and you can do what you want. XD Ultimately, they have to respect your decision. I'm not familiar with Amino, nor their rules, but I doubt it says you have to give people reasons for not wanting to RP with them. And if they continue bickering and trying to insert themselves, that's when a moderator or admin could come in handy, as well as any block/ignore features the site may have.

Not everyone is meant to be a part of your life, or your role play world. It should be your sanctuary, free from harassment. You're amazing, you don't deserve people like that in your life.
Hi there! Thank you for your advice!

I told them that this RP is not working out, and that it is making me very stressed and unhappy. They didn't understand, and they still don't, but I guess it will take time to let it click in their brain, and that's okay. I had to distance myself from the story I'm writing with the original cast and story line of my series, just for a short while, as my brain is still a bit angry with what happened.

And I definitely agree. They message me OOC like ALL the time, so like, why didn't they talk to me about this prior. Maybe they forgot? I don't want to make excuses for them, but a little heads up would have been more than fantastic. *sighs*

Luckily with Amino you can just block people and not give any reasons as to why. (I have people I have not even interacted with yet on there, blocked. I blocked them based on their posts lol.) Like there are people that have me blocked, and I have no idea why aha.

Good morning. Today the world feels still, and quiet. I woke up at 6:30 this morning, after going to bed at such an early time last night. I might stick to that, going to bed early and waking up early. Part of me wants to go back to bed, but the other part of me knows we have to go on our daily walk soon, and then study. I wonder what I will find on my walk today? Maybe I will discover something nice. Or have another incident of me somehow befriending a spider. (Long story-). Either way, I'll be happy about whatever I find. <3

I've been thinking about this.

A lot of people in my life, always tell me how they miss me and that we totally need to hang out and catch up. And usually I'm like, "Oh yeah sure, we should totally make plans!"
But they never follow through, like my one friend told me he misses me back in May and was going to go somewhere with me over the summer, that never happened. Several of my other friends have done that to me too. And recently, I went and deleted their numbers, Discords, and other social medias. I decided to myself it's not worth wasting my time, waiting for them to come around, because they never do. I always was the one to initiate, and I honestly hated it.

Or if people did reach out to me first, it was because they needed a favor. Or to be like my one friend offering to hang out with me, but he brought his friends along and I was basically the driver, and ignored the whole time in the group. I cried in the parking lot when I told them I had to leave early (and they wanted to see a movie- after being at the mall with me-). I haven't heard from him since.

I even cleaned out my online friends list. Like people who met me on random servers and we only talked for a few days, and haven't spoken since, I removed them too.

My Discord contacts went down from 167 people to 18. My phone contacts went from 28 to 9, (three of which being immediate family- I don't talk to my extended family). I have to clean out Instagram still (but honestly I am thinking about just deleting it, and maybe starting from a clean slate and only reaching out to certain people on it). I barely use Facebook anymore, so that's like a digital graveyard of my contacts over the years. I should clean it out, but ugh.

I think, giving myself a clean slate and not talking to people that don't come around. I wrote down their numbers and tags in case they do reach out to me, but I strongly doubt it.

It's been a few days, and it feels weird not attempting to reach out first. It feels sucky and bad. But I think I will start to like it eventually. Who knows!

Does anyone else get really paranoid when their mom is standing behind them while they are on their laptop? Like I'm not doing anything bad, but when she's behind me, I get very shakey and nervous. Afraid that something is wrong,
Your not the only one but I have a reason to be nervous. My mom is strict like suuuper strict and shes insane! Like she's a controle freak and manipulates people. She also tells lies to people about her own kids! She tries to controle my brother to this day! And he doesn't even live with her anymore! He's also 25! But my reason is basically doing what I'm doing now. TALKING TO PEOPLE ONLINE IS DEEMED UNACCEPTABLE IN MY MOMS HOUSE HOLD! Searching anything up is constantly being checked in my Google history.. AND MY MUSIC IS CONSTANTLY BEING SEARCHED UP TO SEE IF SHE APPROVES OR NOT AND IF SHE DOESN'T LIKE IT SHE YELLS AT ME! So ya I live with my dad now. Unless you hafto worry about that chill! Your fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back