• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

nonexistent

fun^10 × int^40 = Ir2
[ Five strangers wake up together in a place unlike any they have ever seen.
Or, at least, they each think that they have never seen such surroundings before.
It was hard to recall when all they could remember after waking were their names. ]

Each of these five strangers seem to suffer from amnesia. They are completely unable to remember a single memory of their lives before waking up in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by strange people and a strange environment. The air in the forest where they woke up feels heavy and thick, and the trees are far too tall and unnaturally green. The dirt ground is tinted pink, and glowing blue insects light up the foggy air with a soft buzz. After waking, some are in a paranoia-fueled panic. Some try to figure out where and who they are. Some work to calm down those who are spiraling. Some look around with distrust in their eyes, searching for the weakest of the herd to pick off - already sensing a dog-eat-dog scenario ahead of them.

After the strangers become a little less 'strange' to each other, footsteps sound softly from within the forest. From the foliage appears a male, wearing a suit and tie. The strangers' eyes all fall to his most noticeable feature - black horns, curled around his head like those of a goat. He wears a smile that is uncomfortable to look at, full of spiked teeth.
"Welcome - I see you've all finally woken up. My name is Hux, and I am your tour guide." He spoke, his dangerous grin never leaving his face.

Hux seems to know something important that these strangers don't, and his jaws are clearly staying shut. He is the creator of this world, made for one and one purpose only: judging the souls of the dead, and deciding whether they are to be eaten or reincarnated. These strangers are no longer alive, which is a fact unbeknownst to them all. However, fragments of memories will begin to resurface, and each person will slowly begin to remember their piece in a very complex puzzle. Somehow, their deaths are all connected - and once they begin to remember what happened in life, their actions afterwards will fuel the divine judgement that follows. They'd better be careful, because Hux is hungry for disobedient souls... and he will try his best to 'guide' these strangers into being the worst versions of themselves that they can possibly be.
- - -
This roleplay will contain many fantasy aspects - the world is meant to be fun, strange, and enticing, with a sinister and anxiety-inducing undertone. There will be strange creatures and monsters reminiscent of the hopes and deepest fears of the strangers - things and people that haunt their minds, even after death. They will be forced to face these challenges, and how they choose to overcome them will be judged with an always watchful eye. To aid them in this journey, each stranger seems to have gained a new attribute to assist them - whether it be a weapon, an ability, or anything else. These attributes are based on one major part of their personality, whether it is positive or negative. Helpful or harmful. How they choose to use them will be watched and evaluated.

(Examples of the sort of abilities/items I mean: a bookbag that seems to hold any supply the character needs; a ball that always comes bouncing back to its owner; healing abilities based on emotional strength; a real-life passion turned into a useful skill.
Examples of what I don't mean: flying, super strength, laser beam eyeballs. These aren't superpowers.)

- - -
Hello. : ) Thanks for reading this plot. I'd love to hear if you are interested in being a part of this group roleplay! I chose five people as a baseline, but if more/less people are interested then I can adjust the size of the roleplay. I don't like to limit people's creativity, so I'm going to be fine with most every character unless they are clearly "overpowered" in some way. The strangers are all going to be humans, so no other species are allowed for your characters. The only nonhuman is their tour guide, which will be played by me. For the number of characters anyone can have, I say only create as many as you can keep up with. This roleplay, as any that I set up, welcomes creativity and expression, rather than being limited with rules.

If enough people like this plot, I will make a character and roleplay thread. : )

[ Five strangers wake up together in a place unlike any they have ever seen.
Or, at least, they each think that they have never seen such surroundings before.
It was hard to recall when all they could remember after waking were their names. ]

Each of these five strangers seem to suffer from amnesia. They are completely unable to remember a single memory of their lives before waking up in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by strange people and a strange environment. The air in the forest where they woke up feels heavy and thick, and the trees are far too tall and unnaturally green. The dirt ground is tinted pink, and glowing blue insects light up the foggy air with a soft buzz. After waking, some are in a paranoia-fueled panic. Some try to figure out where and who they are. Some work to calm down those who are spiraling. Some look around with distrust in their eyes, searching for the weakest of the herd to pick off - already sensing a dog-eat-dog scenario ahead of them.

After the strangers become a little less 'strange' to each other, footsteps sound softly from within the forest. From the foliage appears a male, wearing a suit and tie. The strangers' eyes all fall to his most noticeable feature - black horns, curled around his head like those of a goat. He wears a smile that is uncomfortable to look at, full of spiked teeth.
"Welcome - I see you've all finally woken up. My name is Hux, and I am your tour guide." He spoke, his dangerous grin never leaving his face.

Hux seems to know something important that these strangers don't, and his jaws are clearly staying shut. He is the creator of this world, made for one and one purpose only: judging the souls of the dead, and deciding whether they are to be eaten or reincarnated. These strangers are no longer alive, which is a fact unbeknownst to them all. However, fragments of memories will begin to resurface, and each person will slowly begin to remember their piece in a very complex puzzle. Somehow, their deaths are all connected - and once they begin to remember what happened in life, their actions afterwards will fuel the divine judgement that follows. They'd better be careful, because Hux is hungry for disobedient souls... and he will try his best to 'guide' these strangers into being the worst versions of themselves that they can possibly be.
- - -
This roleplay will contain many fantasy aspects - the world is meant to be fun, strange, and enticing, with a sinister and anxiety-inducing undertone. There will be strange creatures and monsters reminiscent of the hopes and deepest fears of the strangers - things and people that haunt their minds, even after death. They will be forced to face these challenges, and how they choose to overcome them will be judged with an always watchful eye. To aid them in this journey, each stranger seems to have gained a new attribute to assist them - whether it be a weapon, an ability, or anything else. These attributes are based on one major part of their personality, whether it is positive or negative. Helpful or harmful. How they choose to use them will be watched and evaluated.

(Examples of the sort of abilities/items I mean: a bookbag that seems to hold any supply the character needs; a ball that always comes bouncing back to its owner; healing abilities based on emotional strength; a real-life passion turned into a useful skill.
Examples of what I don't mean: flying, super strength, laser beam eyeballs. These aren't superpowers.)

- - -
Hello. : ) Thanks for reading this plot. I'd love to hear if you are interested in being a part of this group roleplay! I chose five people as a baseline, but if more/less people are interested then I can adjust the size of the roleplay. I don't like to limit people's creativity, so I'm going to be fine with most every character unless they are clearly "overpowered" in some way. The strangers are all going to be humans, so no other species are allowed for your characters. The only nonhuman is their tour guide, which will be played by me. For the number of characters anyone can have, I say only create as many as you can keep up with. This roleplay, as any that I set up, welcomes creativity and expression, rather than being limited with rules.

If enough people like this plot, I will make a character and roleplay thread. : )

yo I'm interested as fuck, if I could be a headcrab from Half life 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back