• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Stranger Things [WDU AU]

• arabella morales.
    nervous, worried, & panicky
    academic quad
    jace
    Arabella worried at her bottom lip as she left her house that morning. It had been at least two days since her younger brother’s friend had gone missing, and so far, nobody had found a trace of him. Mike was getting more worried by the day, and while Ara didn’t know his friends very well outside of the glimpses she’d get outside her bedroom door, she wasn’t sure how to help them. It wasn’t keeping her up at night, but she was worried that Mike or one of his friends was going to disappear next. What were the odds of that, really?

She didn’t want to think about that.

With a sigh, she crossed the parking lot and trudged across the quad to class, staring intently at the sidewalk as she tried to figure out how to be helpful. Mike and Ara’s older brother, Alejandro, had said he was going to look for Will today, but she wasn’t sure how successful he’d be. Alejandro wasn’t a police officer, and he didn’t have the resources to conduct a wide search. Were they ever going to find Will so Mike could stop blaming himself?

Taking out her phone, she checked her text messages and frowned. Barb hadn’t texted yet today, which wasn’t like her. Usually she had some sort of book-related meme on deck for Ara in the mornings, since she knew those were Ara’s favorite (and frankly some of the only memes she understood). But oh well, it wasn’t like she and Barb were terribly close. While the thought stung—Ara didn’t have many friends to speak of, did she?—it was useless thinking too hard about that. Maybe Barb had gotten bored of Ara and her constant apologies and stammering. She was probably the most awkward human being on the planet, so Ara could see the lack of appeal.

Well, this day was getting off to a great start.

Determined to turn her day around, Ara resolved to visit the library after class and find a new book to read. She may have had tons of books on her shelves in her room, but she needed something new to brighten her spirits today.

There was about a half hour left until class, but Ara wanted to get there early to look over her notes. Studious as ever, she wanted to make sure she hadn’t missed anything before today’s discussion. But just as she turned toward the hallway in which her class took place, she bumped into someone. Rather violently, she might add.

“Oh, gosh, I’m so sorry,” she said as she dropped her books and phone at the person’s feet. She crouched down to pick them up, the usual flare of panic building up in her chest. Why was she such a klutz, on today of all days? “I-I wasn’t paying attention, I’m sorry.”

Looking up, she realized she’d bumped into a guy with wild hair. She swallowed. Oh, golly, he’s tall.
    coded by natasha.

Last edited:

• jason thomas roberts.
    feelin' chill, but pretty positively lost
    academic quad? school?
    arabella
    It had been a morning like any other, and true to form, Jace was pretty sure he was running late. He'd missed his alarm and of course his parents weren't home, not that they would've woken him up even if they were there. So, he'd scrambled to try and find something presentable to wear before almost falling down the stairs in his hurry.

Ripping open the door to the refrigerator he frowned at the lack of edible options. He sighed, of course, no one had gone shopping yet. Seeing as they'd only moved in yesterday properly, even though the house had been ready and unpacked over a week ago. And of course, without thinking things through, his parents had gone ahead and signed him up to start school the following day, which of course was a Monday.

Long story short, no wonder there was nothing edible in the fridge for him to have for breakfast as he ran to the school he had no clue where was. He'd gone from knowing where pretty much everything was in Alaska, to knowing where nothing was in small town, middle of nowhere Indiana.

He sighed, letting his head fall against the open door with a thud. Great.

With an echoing chime, Jace jumped as the fancy living room clock his mother insisted on buying reminded him that it was almost 9am, and he was most definitely going to be late to his first day of class. Great. Just great. And of course he had no supplies, and he was still hungry.

What a great first day.

Darting out of the house he looked around the fancy street he now lived on before shrugging and taking off down one direction. At this point he's just resigned himself to being late and accepting the consequences. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened, and he doubted it'd be the last. What else could he do about it? Pout? Like that would do anything to solve his problems. Maybe staying up as late as he normally did playing games didn't help, but what else was he supposed to do? He had no friends due to the influence of his parents and their....stellar problem solving skills of throwing money at any problem that popped up.

He shook his head, trying to disturb the thoughts. He didn't need that kind of negativity right now. Giving himself a quick pat on the cheek, Jace felt his spirits lift ever so slightly as he jogged up to a large building.

Hawkins High, Home of the Tigers!

Clearly he was in the right spot. Success! Now to find the front office...

So lost in thought as he tried to find his next destination, he didn't notice as he turned the corner that someone else was coming his way. Bumping into a smaller form, Jace stumbled back, startled. He blinked, realizing that he'd accidentally knocked someone over and cursed under his breath before bending down to help her collect some of her books.

"No, sorry, it's my fault." he began. "I wasn't looking where I was going at all, sorry." he apologized, holding out the few books he'd managed to grab as she hurried to stand up.

He followed suit, looking down at her due to their noticeable height difference. He smiled, hoping she wasn't going to be too pissed off at him for making her drop her stuff. 'She's really cute...' he thought, zoning out for a second before he mentally slapped himself. 'Focus, moron!'

"Um...ah, sorry, again, about that...um...yeah it's my first day, I have no clue where I'm going..." he rambled, clearing his throat.
    coded by natasha.

• arabella morales.
    frazzled
    academic quad
    jace
    Ara timidly retrieved her books from the strange boy’s hand, pushing her glasses up her nose reflexively. She had to admit, it was a bit of a relief that he was just as flustered as she was—normally when she bumped into people, they got mad at her or ignored her entirely. At least this boy was being nice about it. “I-It’s okay, no worries. Um… thank you for the help.” She hugged her books to her chest and dared to look up at him again, once again noting the vast differences in their heights. This would have scared her if something about him wasn’t so soothing. Was it the hair?

At his words, she tilted her head. It made sense that this was his first day; she didn’t recognize him at all. Then again, she didn’t have a tendency to memorize many of the faces around here, but, well, when you lived in a small town like Hawkins… you could tell when someone was new. “I’m sure you’ll get used to it eventually. Hawkins High is just as small as the town, so you’ll have a mental map by next week.” To emphasize her point, she tapped her temple with her index finger, shooting him a kind smile that she hoped to God didn’t look too strained. She really, really wasn’t used to being social, but again, this boy hadn’t cursed her out for bumping into him. It was worth a shot, right?

And now for the real anxiety-inducing part. “Um, to make up for bumping into you, I could try showing you around a little before class? It might help to have someone who knows the place show you where your classes are and all that. Only if you want to! I’m sure you must have, um, other friends already…” Was she rambling? She was rambling, wasn’t she?

Maybe backtracking would help. “Oh, um, silly me, I should probably introduce myself before offering to be a tour guide, huh? I’m Arabella, but uh, most people call me Ara.” This time, her smile was probably very strained, but she had to be polite, didn’t she? Alejandro was always telling her she sometimes forgot even the most basic tenants of socialization. She couldn’t help it! Books were more her cup of tea than actually talking to someone!

Oh, great, now she was rambling inside her thoughts as well as with this stranger. Great start to the day, Ara.
    coded by natasha.

• jason thomas roberts.
    wow she's pretty...funny! pretty funny...yeah
    academic quad? school?
    arabella
    'Cute...' was all his mind could come up with. The way she was rambling obviously showed how she wasn't really used to talking to others, absently he wondered why. She seemed pretty cool to him, and they had only just met.

Aaaaaaand he had a dopey smile stuck on his face. Great.

He cleared his throat, using his now free hand to ruffle his hair awkwardly. He held out his other for her to shake. "Nice to meet you, Most People Call Me Ara." he began. "I'm Jace, No One Calls Me Jason." he joked. Hopefully that broke the ice...

He bit his lip, releasing it in the same second with a pop. "Sooo uh," he shuffled, glancing around. "I-I would, uh, if that offer of a tour is still on the table, I'd love to take you up on it?"

Jace really hoped that that was a genuine offer and not something to say to be polite. He never knew with some people, it was one of the things he struggled with back in Alaska, and he didn't really see how that would change much now. Ara did seem a lot more genuine than the people he was used to back home, so it seemed he had at least a small amount of hope? Maybe?

"Help with that mental map in any form would be gratefully appreciated, if you're willing. Cause uh...no friends here," he shrugged. "I quite literally got here yesterday...last night?" he paused, trying to remember in the midst of his busy moving day yesterday.

He shrugged, it didn't matter either way. While he could let his mouth run a mile a minute when talking to just about anyone. He knows, he's done it before and gotten into plenty of trouble for it. The only good thing about moving here seems like it could be meeting people not under his father's thumb, and this girl in front of him clearly knew nothing about him, something he was extremely grateful for. So maybe he could actually...make a friend? Someone he could actually be himself with, because despite how little he knew about the girl in front of him, Ara seemed like a truly genuine person based on her rambling alone.

"I mean, if you have something else to do or change your mind, that's perfectly fine too, just could you uhh, point me to the office? I could probably make it from there too..." he trailed off, trying to give her an out if she needed one.
    coded by natasha.

• arabella morales.
    friendly & timid
    academic quad -> office
    jace, perci [text]
    Ara couldn’t help herself—she laughed at his introduction. Her smile loosened into something much less strained. Jace. What a nice name for such a funny guy. She was still smiling as she shook his hand. “It’s nice to meet you, too, Jace, Nobody Calls Me Jason.” Returning her arm so she could hold up her books with significantly less effort, she nodded. “Of course! It’s the least I can do after you helped me pick up my books.”

She blinked in surprise. How did such a nice boy like this not have any friends yet? Maybe her books had been giving her the wrong idea that friends seemed to appear out of nowhere when you were new… “Um, well, if you don’t mind, I wouldn’t… mind being your friend…” Ara mumbled the last part, not wanting to embarrass herself entirely with this boy, now that he’d made her laugh. Gosh, she was so hopeless sometimes. But she’d already offered to give him a tour; the least she could do was follow through. It was the nice thing to do!

It seemed he was just as nervous as she was about this whole interaction—why was she so charmed by that fact? Ara shook her head. “Not at all! I was going to study a bit, but I already spend most of my time studying anyway, so I’d rather help you.” She pointed in the direction of the office, which thankfully wasn’t too far, and smiled. “The office is this way!”

With that, she led the way toward the office, but a few seconds later her phone buzzed with a text. “Oh! Excuse me.” She checked her messages and saw that it was Perci inviting her out with Ricky after school. That was nice of her. Ara normally would have said she had a lot of studying to do, which would have probably prompted the other girl to insist until she agreed—really, it was hard to argue with the redhead, who was just as convincing as Barb—but today was different. Because of Jace. So she texted Perci back, saying she’d definitely be there and that she knew of someone who might want to come, too.

“Um, so. An upperclassman friend of mine—Perci—invited me with her friend out after school. If it’s not silly of me to ask, do you maybe… want to come with us? Her friend Ricky is kinda strange, but he’s really nice! And, um, it might help you make some friends around here?” Ara tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, adjusting her grip on her books. “Unless you have something else to do! I really wouldn’t want to impose after we just met…”

Just as she thought, it didn’t take long to reach the office, and she stopped awkwardly outside the door. “Uh… here it is. Do you, um, want me to wait for you?” Oh my God, such an awkward thing to say, what if he says no?
    coded by natasha.

• jason thomas roberts.
    feelin' chill, but pretty positively lost
    academic quad? school?
    arabella
    It was all he could do to not start bouncing up and down like a puppy. Was his luck turned up to ten or something? First, he seems to have actually made it on time? A miracle, clearly. Second, when he manages to bump into someone, they're nice and pretty? And kinda funny? Wow, the gods must be taking pity on him.

Jace wasn't going to complain though. He'd ride this train as far as he could.

"Oh, uh, awesome!" he grinned as they came to a stop outside the office door. He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, only to perk up at her offer to wait for him. "S-seriously? Uh, yeah! Yes, please, sure." he rushed out. He really didn't want this to end, he was enjoying getting to know the girl before him.

He cleared his throat, offering her a hesitant grin over his shoulder as he made to open the door. "Um, about meeting with your friends later..." he paused. "U-uh, if you're sure that they won't mind me tagging along, I'd love to come. Uh...I'll uh, hopefully be out in a minute?" he offered. He was quiet for a minute before he opened his mouth and closed it in the same second. He nodded to himself with a small awkward flush climbing up his neck before he hurried into the office.

Thankfully his trip to the office didn't take long. Although it was filled with plenty of judgmental looks from the secretary at the front desk about the fact that he was in sweats and clearly had no bookbag or other supplies on him. Oh well, it wasn't his fault his parents could only plan something with themselves and their needs in mind. It wasn't like he asked to be able to show up to his first day without even a pencil.

Whistling awkwardly he waited for the principal to call him back to give him an introductory speech - which, barf - and how much the school appreciated his father's donation to the school and blah blah blah. He was trying really hard not to yawn and make a fool of himself. It was a little early on for him to embarrass his father and he didn't particularly want to get on his bad side when he hasn't even seen him yet since the move.

So he smiled awkwardly and nodded in what he assumed to be the right places and the second he was able to, he fled the room like the coward he was. Barely managing a second to snatch his schedule off the desk, he ignored the secretary's grumble of something about today's youth.

He winced as he shut the office door behind him and leaned his head back against it. Letting out a heavy sigh, he opened his eyes, hoping that Ara had decided to stick around and that he hadn't taken too long. When caught sight of her a moment later, he perked up.

Like a goddamn puppy.

"Oh! Hey, sorry, hope I didn't keep you waiting..."
    coded by natasha.

• arabella morales.
    amiable & smitten
    office -> front doors
    jace
    Waiting outside the office was awkward, considering she still had a pile of books in her arms, but Ara managed to shoehorn in some of the studying she had wanted to do before she bumped into Jace. Though she read over her notes, her thoughts kept wandering back to Jace and, subsequently, the fact that she’d asked him to come out with her and Perci after school. She frowned, a thought occurring to her. Had she… asked Jace out on a date?

No, it couldn’t be. If Perci and Ricky were actually dating—which, come on, any day now!—then maybe it would be like a group date. But since it seemed to be an outing to the arcade, if she was reading her texts right, there was no way. Arcades weren’t normally her style, but she needed something relaxing after everything with Mike. Maybe he and his friends would want to come to the arcade, too? She would have to ask Perci if that was okay. Mike and his friends probably wouldn’t be too cheerful about it, but maybe it would be a welcome distraction after worrying about their missing friend for days now. Wait, how had she gotten on this train of thought, again?

Oh, yes. Jace. Ara hoped that Perci and Ricky would like him. She had a sneaking suspicion Ricky would immediately take a liking to him. He’d been overbearing like that when she had first met him through Barb and Perci, and though he’d scared her at first, she was used to it now. Based on the fact that he’d introduced himself with a joke, Jace would probably take a shine to him. Or at least, that was what her intuition told her. And her knowledge of psychology.

The office door beside her closed, and her lips instantly spread into a smile. Like some lovestruck idiot. She managed to bite it down by the time he noticed she was there. “You didn’t keep me waiting at all! We have plenty of time.” Thankfully, the school was small, so when she said that, she meant it. A tour wasn’t going to be too hard considering the circumstances. “I’ll show you the way to your first class, if that’s okay?”

Peering at the schedule in his hand, she smiled. “Oh, good! You’re a couple doors down from me, so I can meet up with you after and help you find your next few classes, too?” It certainly wasn’t an excuse to spend more time with him. Definitely not. That would be highly presumptuous of her. Yup.

So she did just yet. Ara led the way to his class, gesturing to the door like the awkward duck she was and promising to help him find his way around after class was over. She could only hope she wasn’t blushing as she walked into her first class—sadly, no Barb to be seen. Once the bell rang, she was entirely focused on school, though during the parts she’d already read ahead on, she glanced at the door as if that would make class go faster. Geez, what was wrong with her? Hopefully seeing Perci later would help keep her grounded—the older girl was very helpful when it came to that, especially for a nervous Nelly like Ara.

The rest of the day was a bit of a blur. Helping Jace find his classes, class itself, lunch, and in no time, the bell rang. Ara almost leaped out of her chair. Even with the way her body automatically went to her classes for her, she was startled by the bell, today of all days.

Leaving her last class, she easily found Jace’s wild hair among the crowd. “Did your first day go okay?” she called, waving to him before weaving through the crowd. This may have been a small town, but Ara herself was rather small in a crowd of much larger people. Yikes! She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and pushed her glasses up her nose as she looked up at Jace. “It wasn’t too hard, was it?”

Checking her phone, she started drifting toward the front doors of the school. “If you still want to come out with my friends and I, we can probably find them at the school entrance. I hope you like them; they’re some of the more sane people around here. Well, Perci is at least…”

In no time at all, they were at the front doors, and Ara found herself waiting alone with Jace. Find something to talk about!! “Um… was there any particular reason your family moved here? If you don’t mind my asking.”
    coded by natasha.

• jason thomas roberts.
    vibing man, taking it as it comes
    classes, like every building? why are they so spaced out?
    arabella
    "Oh thank god." Jace sighed in relief. Thankfully he didn't now have to endure the painful struggle of wandering aimlessly as he searched for his classes or awkwardly work up the courage to ask Ara to show him around. Because surely that would be an inconvenience and she'd already helped him out a lot. "That would be lifesaving, thank you." he grinned, bowing slightly as he pressed his hands together in a praying motion.

How was his luck turning out this good? How had he managed to claim to have made a friendship so quickly? While he wasn't anti-social or anything - quite the opposite really - he tended to struggle with making friends due to his father's connections. Seeing as his only friend previous to this moment was the daughter of his father's business partner. Which reminded him, he should definitely text Alara and let her know about this development. She'd been his main support once he found out that he was going to be moving to this small town, encouraging him to have hope that things would be different if he just gave the place a chance.

Funny, it's like she knew. She was going to lord this over his head for months. Not only did he make a friend on his first day, but she was cute too? And didn't seem to find him that annoying? Score. It wasn't often that people saw his humorous remarks as a way to break tension, just that he was someone who didn't take things seriously.

Oh well, he wasn't going to complain.

With a hearty chuckle, it didn't take Jace but a moment to switch back into familiar territory. Laughter and jokes. His bread and butter. With a sweeping arm movement, he gestured for Ara to walk ahead of him. "Lead the way, my lady," he teased gently. "This humble jester is at your command."

It was a shame that none of his classes seemed to be with Ara. Sucks that being in different grades did that, but oh well. He had no doubt that, while his classes didn't seem to be the worst thing in the world, they would've been made better with Ara around. Not that seeing her between classes hadn't been nice, honestly, it was the highlight of his day.

Luckily his teachers hadn't seemed the worst. Half gave him the same judgy look as the secretary in the office for his lack of preparedness, while the rest seemed to be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, just telling him to be prepared tomorrow. He gave them all the same salute and promise to actually come bearing supplies the next day. Following the trend, some rolled their eyes, already marking him down as a troublemaker - which, rude, but fair - while the rest huffed a chuckle.

They weren't bad though thankfully, his second period teacher Mrs. Walt, a somewhat older woman who'd been teaching for at least ten years, gave him a folder to hold his papers for the day and a pencil to get him through. He was going to have to pay her back, maybe an apple or something? Teachers liked apples right?

By the time the final bell rang and he joined the ever growing mob that was leaving his classroom, Jace could honestly say that he was exhausted. Everyone he'd met had been nice enough, but they'd all spent their entire lives together and had settled into their own groups. So when he heard Ara's voice calling to him from the midst of the mob, one can't blame him for perking up as he tried to juggle the papers in his folder.

"Hey!" he grinned. "Uh, not too bad I guess? Teachers seem pretty chill for the most part. Mrs. Walt seems pretty cool though." he hummed, lifting his folder in explanation, cause he certainly hadn't had it when they first met. "I think most of them are waiting to see if I come without anything tomorrow to make a final judgement but uh, not too bad overall. I didn't have to stand at the front and tell three facts about myself or anything." he laughed.

"Oh, yeah, cool. Yeah I'm down still, let's go!" he again gestured for her to lead the way, not wanting to get them lost. Small town it may be, but he still had no clue how to navigate these halls yet. "Aww, but sane can get boring after a while. You need bits of insanity to keep the mind fresh!" he joked, nudging her gently in the side.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the front entrance, seeming to be the first ones there. Before he could try to find something to say to break the silence, Ara did it for him. At her question though he paused, reaching up to scratch at the back of his neck awkwardly. While normally not a complicated question, Jace was still a bit sore about the subject of his family's move to Indiana from Alaska. "Um, it's, ah, complicated sort of. We came down from Alaska," he started. "My father and his business partner were looking to expand or something and they wanted to do it personally or something? I'm not too sure." he shrugged.

"Part of me thinks he wanted to come out here to get me away from Alara, my friend back home. She's his partner's daughter, and we were quite the shut ins if I'm being honest." he explained. "Video games and robotics don't tend to help build a business, so I wouldn't be surprised if he brought us out here to try and find a way to uh, nudge me in the desired direction."

Shrugging again, he groaned, running a hand through his hair. "Sorry, that was a lot to dump on you at once..."
    coded by natasha.

• arabella morales.
    NOT BLUSHING
    front doors
    jace, perci, ricky
    “Oh, you have Mrs. Walt! She’s the greatest.” Ara nodded and smiled at the sight of the folder in Jace’s arms. She’d had a feeling that other people would be nice to him—who wouldn’t, with how sweet he was? Not that she was thinking about that, of course! “Introductions are the worst, but thankfully, no one at Hawkins seems to like them, so we all save each other the embarrassment. If you still need anything tomorrow, I can always bring an extra pencil, if that’ll help! I have way too many.”

She chuckled at his comment. “You’re right. Well, Perci’s best friend Ricky brings plenty of insanity. Don’t mention nachos around him or he’ll go ballistic—he’s addicted to them.” A slight blush crossed her face at his nudge, and her heart rate surely increased a little bit. She pushed it away by brushing her hair behind her ear for perhaps the millionth time that day. Keep cool, Ara.

Peering up at him curiously, Ara listened patiently to his explanation. When he groaned, she waved her hands in front of her. “Oh, no, don’t worry about it! I’m sorry that you got separated from your friend. I wish I could say Hawkins has a lot more to offer than Alaska, but, uh… I’m not sure we do?” She frowned for a moment. This wasn’t exactly a pep talk, now was it? “But! There’s still things to do! I’m sure my brother has some video games, and if you ever want to see something, I’d be happy to show you the way!” Shuffling her feet, she added, “I’m not Alaska or your friend Alara, but if I can help you make the most out of moving here, I’d like to try.”

With an awkward cough and a tug on her ponytail, she said, “S-sorry, that was a bit intense. I do mean it, though. You should be able to have fun here, Jace.” Ara smiled up at him. “Hopefully, that’s what we’ll be doing this afternoon!”

From afar, she heard someone calling her name, and she turned to wave at Perci and Ricky as they approached. Her blush returned as Perci nudged her shoulder, smiling awkwardly. “This is Jace, No One Calls Me Jason,” she said, gesturing to Jace, grinning as she used the joke they’d shared earlier. “He just moved here from Alaska. I hope that it’s okay that he’s coming with us. One more person to keep an eye on the kids, right?”

Glancing back and forth between Jace and the other two, she tried not to gulp nervously. They would like him, too, right?

Naturally, she didn’t have to be afraid of that in the slightest.
    coded by natasha.

• jason thomas roberts.
    vibing man, little nervous
    school's out!
    arabella, ricky, & perci
    At the rush to assure him that even if he wasn't back home, he wasn't alone, Jace couldn't help but smile at her. Ara truly was something amazing, he could see that and he hadn't even known her for more than a few hours. Honestly, it was more than he was expecting with the move, so he couldn't be upset about pretty much anything at this point. Not that he'd want to be, things seemed to be looking up compared to this morning.

Things were coming up Jace!

"That means a lot, actually," he grinned, reaching out to grab her hand. "I mean it, I don't think most people would be as friendly as you are now." he explained, giving her hand a squeeze before letting go and reaching up to ruffle his hair. "And I'm sure it will be! I look forward to meeting the friends of someone as amazing as you." he teased, sending her a wink.

At the sight of Ara looking up at the sound of her name, Jace looked up, searching the sea of people. Obviously he didn't know who he was looking for, but he couldn't help but be curious as to the personalities he was about to meet. Ara seemed excited to share fun bits about them and based on her description, they didn't sound like bad people. He knew he could use some good people to keep him company when he's trying not to go insane when stuck alone in his empty house.

Maybe they too wouldn't judge him by his goofy outlook on life and if they found out about his parents...well maybe they wouldn't judge him too harshly? Logically, he knew it was a bit soon to be worried about such things, but he couldn't help it. Based on previous experiences of being shunned for such things, how could he not think about it this early?

He didn't want to think such things about his new friend, she seemed far too sweet to care about such things, but still, a small part of him couldn't help but doubt.

Shoving the dark thoughts away, Jace couldn't help but grin, pleased, as Ara introduced him, using the joke he'd used earlier. As the two introduced themselves, he took in the opposite site before him. A tall blonde and a short redhead, both eyeing him with different degrees of severity. They didn't seem mistrustful though, if anything they just seemed happy to meet him. A novelty for sure.

"It's uh, nice to meet you guys! Hope you don't mind me crashing the party that seems to have been planned." he joked, though he was thrilled to see that the blonde - Ricky - also followed along with the joke. "I uh, don't mind kids....at least I don't think I do. I mean I've been called childish so often, that I think they'll probably like me?" he rambled. "Not that I would know for sure, seeing as I'm an only child, but my one friend from Alaska, we both kept getting told we might as well still be kids, so maybe? Who knows right?" he laughed awkwardly.

It was quiet for a moment before he heard a small snort from the redhead - Perci, was that short for something? - and he felt himself relax slightly. Laughter was good, right?

"Sorry, I uh, tend to not do too well with first impressions...it's....it's cool that I come along right...?"
    coded by natasha.

• arabella morales.
    dying a little bit it's fine
    front entrance -> ricky's car
    jace, perci, ricky
    Ara’s hand was tingling. Was that normal? Was hand-tingling normal? I mean, it had only been a few seconds that Jace had held her hand. And the wink. Dear God. She had to pull herself together. Sure, it felt like she’d known Jace for much longer than a day, and sure, he was super sweet and funny and—where was she going with this? Oh. Right. Get it together, Morales!

She tried not to be too tense as Jace officially met Perci and Ricky, but thankfully Ricky was good at cutting through tension. Ara was about to assure him that of course he was welcome on their outing—if nothing else, she wanted him to come along—but thankfully Perci jumped right on that part. “I can already promise he’s great. Mike might be slow to warm up to you, but I have a feeling Dustin will welcome you into their ‘party’ right away. He appreciates a good hairdo.” With a shy grin, she tried to wink at Jace as he had at her, though she wasn’t sure the effect came across nearly as well as when he’d done it. Man, she was a mess today.

At least she didn’t have to think about that for very long. Perci went right into planning mode, and logic was something Ara could deal with a little easier. “I probably should stop home, let Mike and the boys know what’s going on. It won’t take much convincing, honestly. They’ve needed a day out like this.” She nodded. “That sounds like a plan. I don’t suppose I could bum a ride off of you two? And I bet Jace will need a ride, too?” She glanced up at Jace to confirm and smiled nervously back at her friends. “I probably won’t have my license until the spring, unfortunately.”

Scratching her cheek, she continued, “I’m sure this will all be great for them. Especially after…” She swallowed and looked down. “Especially after Will disappeared.” Looking in Jace’s direction, but not quite at him, she explained quickly, “Uh, Will is Mike’s best friend. He’s been really worried about him.”

Well, that quickly went somewhere sad. “Um, in any case. Jace, do you need to stop off at home? I mean, you can come with me if you don’t, I don’t mind.” Her timid smile returned in a very poor attempt to regain some of the happy mood. “Maybe you’ll get to know Hawkins a bit more after coming with us tonight, huh?”

And maybe you’ll want to hang out with us other times, too.
    coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back