• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Stranger Things [WDU AU]

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• arabella morales.
    nervous, worried, & panicky
    academic quad
    jace
    Arabella worried at her bottom lip as she left her house that morning. It had been at least two days since her younger brother’s friend had gone missing, and so far, nobody had found a trace of him. Mike was getting more worried by the day, and while Ara didn’t know his friends very well outside of the glimpses she’d get outside her bedroom door, she wasn’t sure how to help them. It wasn’t keeping her up at night, but she was worried that Mike or one of his friends was going to disappear next. What were the odds of that, really?

She didn’t want to think about that.

With a sigh, she crossed the parking lot and trudged across the quad to class, staring intently at the sidewalk as she tried to figure out how to be helpful. Mike and Ara’s older brother, Alejandro, had said he was going to look for Will today, but she wasn’t sure how successful he’d be. Alejandro wasn’t a police officer, and he didn’t have the resources to conduct a wide search. Were they ever going to find Will so Mike could stop blaming himself?

Taking out her phone, she checked her text messages and frowned. Barb hadn’t texted yet today, which wasn’t like her. Usually she had some sort of book-related meme on deck for Ara in the mornings, since she knew those were Ara’s favorite (and frankly some of the only memes she understood). But oh well, it wasn’t like she and Barb were terribly close. While the thought stung—Ara didn’t have many friends to speak of, did she?—it was useless thinking too hard about that. Maybe Barb had gotten bored of Ara and her constant apologies and stammering. She was probably the most awkward human being on the planet, so Ara could see the lack of appeal.

Well, this day was getting off to a great start.

Determined to turn her day around, Ara resolved to visit the library after class and find a new book to read. She may have had tons of books on her shelves in her room, but she needed something new to brighten her spirits today.

There was about a half hour left until class, but Ara wanted to get there early to look over her notes. Studious as ever, she wanted to make sure she hadn’t missed anything before today’s discussion. But just as she turned toward the hallway in which her class took place, she bumped into someone. Rather violently, she might add.

“Oh, gosh, I’m so sorry,” she said as she dropped her books and phone at the person’s feet. She crouched down to pick them up, the usual flare of panic building up in her chest. Why was she such a klutz, on today of all days? “I-I wasn’t paying attention, I’m sorry.”

Looking up, she realized she’d bumped into a guy with wild hair. She swallowed. Oh, golly, he’s tall.
    coded by natasha.

Last edited:

izayoiix

cяч мε α яıνεя
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• jason thomas roberts.
    feelin' chill, but pretty positively lost
    academic quad? school?
    arabella
    It had been a morning like any other, and true to form, Jace was pretty sure he was running late. He'd missed his alarm and of course his parents weren't home, not that they would've woken him up even if they were there. So, he'd scrambled to try and find something presentable to wear before almost falling down the stairs in his hurry.

Ripping open the door to the refrigerator he frowned at the lack of edible options. He sighed, of course, no one had gone shopping yet. Seeing as they'd only moved in yesterday properly, even though the house had been ready and unpacked over a week ago. And of course, without thinking things through, his parents had gone ahead and signed him up to start school the following day, which of course was a Monday.

Long story short, no wonder there was nothing edible in the fridge for him to have for breakfast as he ran to the school he had no clue where was. He'd gone from knowing where pretty much everything was in Alaska, to knowing where nothing was in small town, middle of nowhere Indiana.

He sighed, letting his head fall against the open door with a thud. Great.

With an echoing chime, Jace jumped as the fancy living room clock his mother insisted on buying reminded him that it was almost 9am, and he was most definitely going to be late to his first day of class. Great. Just great. And of course he had no supplies, and he was still hungry.

What a great first day.

Darting out of the house he looked around the fancy street he now lived on before shrugging and taking off down one direction. At this point he's just resigned himself to being late and accepting the consequences. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened, and he doubted it'd be the last. What else could he do about it? Pout? Like that would do anything to solve his problems. Maybe staying up as late as he normally did playing games didn't help, but what else was he supposed to do? He had no friends due to the influence of his parents and their....stellar problem solving skills of throwing money at any problem that popped up.

He shook his head, trying to disturb the thoughts. He didn't need that kind of negativity right now. Giving himself a quick pat on the cheek, Jace felt his spirits lift ever so slightly as he jogged up to a large building.

Hawkins High, Home of the Tigers!

Clearly he was in the right spot. Success! Now to find the front office...

So lost in thought as he tried to find his next destination, he didn't notice as he turned the corner that someone else was coming his way. Bumping into a smaller form, Jace stumbled back, startled. He blinked, realizing that he'd accidentally knocked someone over and cursed under his breath before bending down to help her collect some of her books.

"No, sorry, it's my fault." he began. "I wasn't looking where I was going at all, sorry." he apologized, holding out the few books he'd managed to grab as she hurried to stand up.

He followed suit, looking down at her due to their noticeable height difference. He smiled, hoping she wasn't going to be too pissed off at him for making her drop her stuff. 'She's really cute...' he thought, zoning out for a second before he mentally slapped himself. 'Focus, moron!'

"Um...ah, sorry, again, about that...um...yeah it's my first day, I have no clue where I'm going..." he rambled, clearing his throat.
    coded by natasha.

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• arabella morales.
    frazzled
    academic quad
    jace
    Ara timidly retrieved her books from the strange boy’s hand, pushing her glasses up her nose reflexively. She had to admit, it was a bit of a relief that he was just as flustered as she was—normally when she bumped into people, they got mad at her or ignored her entirely. At least this boy was being nice about it. “I-It’s okay, no worries. Um… thank you for the help.” She hugged her books to her chest and dared to look up at him again, once again noting the vast differences in their heights. This would have scared her if something about him wasn’t so soothing. Was it the hair?

At his words, she tilted her head. It made sense that this was his first day; she didn’t recognize him at all. Then again, she didn’t have a tendency to memorize many of the faces around here, but, well, when you lived in a small town like Hawkins… you could tell when someone was new. “I’m sure you’ll get used to it eventually. Hawkins High is just as small as the town, so you’ll have a mental map by next week.” To emphasize her point, she tapped her temple with her index finger, shooting him a kind smile that she hoped to God didn’t look too strained. She really, really wasn’t used to being social, but again, this boy hadn’t cursed her out for bumping into him. It was worth a shot, right?

And now for the real anxiety-inducing part. “Um, to make up for bumping into you, I could try showing you around a little before class? It might help to have someone who knows the place show you where your classes are and all that. Only if you want to! I’m sure you must have, um, other friends already…” Was she rambling? She was rambling, wasn’t she?

Maybe backtracking would help. “Oh, um, silly me, I should probably introduce myself before offering to be a tour guide, huh? I’m Arabella, but uh, most people call me Ara.” This time, her smile was probably very strained, but she had to be polite, didn’t she? Alejandro was always telling her she sometimes forgot even the most basic tenants of socialization. She couldn’t help it! Books were more her cup of tea than actually talking to someone!

Oh, great, now she was rambling inside her thoughts as well as with this stranger. Great start to the day, Ara.
    coded by natasha.

izayoiix

cяч мε α яıνεя
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• jason thomas roberts.
    wow she's pretty...funny! pretty funny...yeah
    academic quad? school?
    arabella
    'Cute...' was all his mind could come up with. The way she was rambling obviously showed how she wasn't really used to talking to others, absently he wondered why. She seemed pretty cool to him, and they had only just met.

Aaaaaaand he had a dopey smile stuck on his face. Great.

He cleared his throat, using his now free hand to ruffle his hair awkwardly. He held out his other for her to shake. "Nice to meet you, Most People Call Me Ara." he began. "I'm Jace, No One Calls Me Jason." he joked. Hopefully that broke the ice...

He bit his lip, releasing it in the same second with a pop. "Sooo uh," he shuffled, glancing around. "I-I would, uh, if that offer of a tour is still on the table, I'd love to take you up on it?"

Jace really hoped that that was a genuine offer and not something to say to be polite. He never knew with some people, it was one of the things he struggled with back in Alaska, and he didn't really see how that would change much now. Ara did seem a lot more genuine than the people he was used to back home, so it seemed he had at least a small amount of hope? Maybe?

"Help with that mental map in any form would be gratefully appreciated, if you're willing. Cause uh...no friends here," he shrugged. "I quite literally got here yesterday...last night?" he paused, trying to remember in the midst of his busy moving day yesterday.

He shrugged, it didn't matter either way. While he could let his mouth run a mile a minute when talking to just about anyone. He knows, he's done it before and gotten into plenty of trouble for it. The only good thing about moving here seems like it could be meeting people not under his father's thumb, and this girl in front of him clearly knew nothing about him, something he was extremely grateful for. So maybe he could actually...make a friend? Someone he could actually be himself with, because despite how little he knew about the girl in front of him, Ara seemed like a truly genuine person based on her rambling alone.

"I mean, if you have something else to do or change your mind, that's perfectly fine too, just could you uhh, point me to the office? I could probably make it from there too..." he trailed off, trying to give her an out if she needed one.
    coded by natasha.

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• arabella morales.
    friendly & timid
    academic quad -> office
    jace, perci [text]
    Ara couldn’t help herself—she laughed at his introduction. Her smile loosened into something much less strained. Jace. What a nice name for such a funny guy. She was still smiling as she shook his hand. “It’s nice to meet you, too, Jace, Nobody Calls Me Jason.” Returning her arm so she could hold up her books with significantly less effort, she nodded. “Of course! It’s the least I can do after you helped me pick up my books.”

She blinked in surprise. How did such a nice boy like this not have any friends yet? Maybe her books had been giving her the wrong idea that friends seemed to appear out of nowhere when you were new… “Um, well, if you don’t mind, I wouldn’t… mind being your friend…” Ara mumbled the last part, not wanting to embarrass herself entirely with this boy, now that he’d made her laugh. Gosh, she was so hopeless sometimes. But she’d already offered to give him a tour; the least she could do was follow through. It was the nice thing to do!

It seemed he was just as nervous as she was about this whole interaction—why was she so charmed by that fact? Ara shook her head. “Not at all! I was going to study a bit, but I already spend most of my time studying anyway, so I’d rather help you.” She pointed in the direction of the office, which thankfully wasn’t too far, and smiled. “The office is this way!”

With that, she led the way toward the office, but a few seconds later her phone buzzed with a text. “Oh! Excuse me.” She checked her messages and saw that it was Perci inviting her out with Ricky after school. That was nice of her. Ara normally would have said she had a lot of studying to do, which would have probably prompted the other girl to insist until she agreed—really, it was hard to argue with the redhead, who was just as convincing as Barb—but today was different. Because of Jace. So she texted Perci back, saying she’d definitely be there and that she knew of someone who might want to come, too.

“Um, so. An upperclassman friend of mine—Perci—invited me with her friend out after school. If it’s not silly of me to ask, do you maybe… want to come with us? Her friend Ricky is kinda strange, but he’s really nice! And, um, it might help you make some friends around here?” Ara tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, adjusting her grip on her books. “Unless you have something else to do! I really wouldn’t want to impose after we just met…”

Just as she thought, it didn’t take long to reach the office, and she stopped awkwardly outside the door. “Uh… here it is. Do you, um, want me to wait for you?” Oh my God, such an awkward thing to say, what if he says no?
    coded by natasha.

izayoiix

cяч мε α яıνεя
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• jason thomas roberts.
    feelin' chill, but pretty positively lost
    academic quad? school?
    arabella
    It was all he could do to not start bouncing up and down like a puppy. Was his luck turned up to ten or something? First, he seems to have actually made it on time? A miracle, clearly. Second, when he manages to bump into someone, they're nice and pretty? And kinda funny? Wow, the gods must be taking pity on him.

Jace wasn't going to complain though. He'd ride this train as far as he could.

"Oh, uh, awesome!" he grinned as they came to a stop outside the office door. He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, only to perk up at her offer to wait for him. "S-seriously? Uh, yeah! Yes, please, sure." he rushed out. He really didn't want this to end, he was enjoying getting to know the girl before him.

He cleared his throat, offering her a hesitant grin over his shoulder as he made to open the door. "Um, about meeting with your friends later..." he paused. "U-uh, if you're sure that they won't mind me tagging along, I'd love to come. Uh...I'll uh, hopefully be out in a minute?" he offered. He was quiet for a minute before he opened his mouth and closed it in the same second. He nodded to himself with a small awkward flush climbing up his neck before he hurried into the office.

Thankfully his trip to the office didn't take long. Although it was filled with plenty of judgmental looks from the secretary at the front desk about the fact that he was in sweats and clearly had no bookbag or other supplies on him. Oh well, it wasn't his fault his parents could only plan something with themselves and their needs in mind. It wasn't like he asked to be able to show up to his first day without even a pencil.

Whistling awkwardly he waited for the principal to call him back to give him an introductory speech - which, barf - and how much the school appreciated his father's donation to the school and blah blah blah. He was trying really hard not to yawn and make a fool of himself. It was a little early on for him to embarrass his father and he didn't particularly want to get on his bad side when he hasn't even seen him yet since the move.

So he smiled awkwardly and nodded in what he assumed to be the right places and the second he was able to, he fled the room like the coward he was. Barely managing a second to snatch his schedule off the desk, he ignored the secretary's grumble of something about today's youth.

He winced as he shut the office door behind him and leaned his head back against it. Letting out a heavy sigh, he opened his eyes, hoping that Ara had decided to stick around and that he hadn't taken too long. When caught sight of her a moment later, he perked up.

Like a goddamn puppy.

"Oh! Hey, sorry, hope I didn't keep you waiting..."
    coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread