Idea Stranger Things Inspired Group Roleplay AU

Shibe

I got some good memes
I just now got into the Netflix series ‘Stranger Things’ and I’ve absolutely fallen in love with it. I do kinda want to start a group RP based upon the series, but it wouldn’t involve any of the canon characters, nor the canon location.

My idea for it was a ‘coming-of-age’ realistic/modern group roleplay, consisting of a close knit group of pre-teen (or teen) best friends have to survive the horrors of their hometown. I felt as though the town should just be weird from the start, not at all normal and filled with some rather odd townspeople. I wanted it to be sort of a eastern seaboard costal town in the U.S, somewhere up north such as Maine, New Hampshire, or Connecticut.

The town has notoriously had strange anomalies occur in the past, such as UFO sightings, extremely off magnetic readings, and bright lights shining deep from within the sea. Making it a big tourist attraction for paranormal lovers, and it’s often crowded in the summer due to this. Since they have such a weird history, cafes, restaurants, and even stores are given gag names based off of the supernatural events.

These group of friends grew up ignoring the tourism, just like any other person living in a area that attracts it. Such as Hawaii, or Florida. But soon come to realize something horribly wrong with their town once government officials come in and put all the townspeople on curfews, not allowing anyone out of their homes past 9:00 p.m. It seems as though the whole army has moved in on what once was their childhood paradise.

It’s still a work in progress, but I really hope for it to be something other players would enjoy. But overall it would have a more platonic focus instead of romantic.​

It indeed would, my planned time period is early-to mid 1980’s just like the show! <3

That's nice! I watched It recently, and really like the quaint vibe its retro/small town setting gives. If you get around to starting this RP, I'm more than happy to join. Or even if you're just looking for someone to bounce off ideas with for now.

That's nice! I watched It recently, and really like the quaint vibe its retro/small town setting gives. If you get around to starting this RP, I'm more than happy to join. Or even if you're just looking for someone to bounce off ideas with for now.
Thank you, I’ll be sure to notify you once I get the interest check up! :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back