• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Prodigious Mage

Well no one died, that's always a plus in my book.
f5db92d2a681a3906cf5096cfbf36c50d87b8a9d_hq.jpg
"To be incredibly obtuse, the best description for it would be... 'Accidental'."

"...so they're just mistakes!? A mark against an endless millienia of successes. A collection of failures."

"They're not our first hosts, just the first one's we never had the chance to choose beforehand."
This wasn't supposed to happen, not in any capacity, not when they were so Godsdamned close, but of course, a single miscalculation sends everything straight to hell. A single overzealous, batshit, scientist destroys everything for something as deranged as loyalty.

Alastor had heard the stories, the fables, the fairy-tale's about the Bonded, those chosen by Myth and Legend alike to wield their power, their rage, their compassion, but, oh, he should have payed attention to the horror stories, the slaughters, the destruction of entire regions, the resentment, should have picked up the Legend Of Ransei and learned a fucking lesson about forcing Bonds on those unwilling, those not prepared, and how resilient children could be in the face of despair, and, how they were able to channel the abilities of their Legend, the Myth attached to their very soul.

And so, in his madness, in his belief of Cyrus's dreams, his ideals, decided to make myth into reality.

[Some things are better left as such, as stories told at bed time, to children who's dreams encompasse many things, but rarely such things such as Godhood, or world domination, or to hurt and persecute anyone who so much as believes in different stories than themselves.]

It's just fate, the world's cruelty at play, really, that everyone but him has to suffer for the outcome.

[Perhaps, though, it is not an eternal thing. For as cruel as fate, as the very world itself, can be, it can also be undeniably kind, and gentle, in a way few can replicate.]

[It starts with three, with only three. And they pray that it never comes to fourteen.]

(One who refuses to die, the one who survives against all odds, but isn't found until it's too late.)

(Another, clever and capable, the one who escapes, who never learns of the other two until they nearly die.)

(The last, who finds their strength in other's, the one found in the aftermath, barely keeping themselves together.)
_________________________________________________________​
Welcome, one and all, to 'Strange Fate' a Pokèmon RP based on the idea that one of Cyrus's lead scientists was a tad... Idealistic, and decided to chase after some rather demented ideas that involved the indoctrination of children, destroying their sense of self, and just generally abusing sentient beings as a whole.

This is based, rather loosely, on the lore of 'And The World Will Turn To Ash' Pokèmon GO webcomic by surfaçage, with the only actual aspect borrowed being that of the Bond that can be created between a Legendary and a human being, with the primary focus being the Bonded of the Lake Trio, Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit.

The idea, roughly, is that the start is defined by the discovery of Cassius Alastor's research after the fall of Team Galactic, with the destruction of the containment lab that held the Lake Trio being a primary aspect of this AU, of sorts anyway, and the mounting terror that comes from discovering the fact that the world has three newly Bonded children running around unaccounted for... Well, two, at least, Mespirit's Bonded is accounted for at the start, due to being found in the rubble of the lab during Interpol's investigation of the ruins, unfortunately, they're unstable for the first year that comes with the Bond settling, and the sheer wrongness that comes with being separated from the other two of their trio during such a time.

Mespirit is put under the protection, and sort-of guidance, considering they're barely older than them to begin with, of the FUTURE GO Project leaders, (four incredibly different people in this AU, even if three do share the same design and name as the canon leaders, Lugia has a Bonded, therefore, yes, there's a Team Harmony, and no power over the other three in it's quartet, as a start, being more of a mediator), and does their best to adjust in the aftermath of their trauma.

As in the summary, Azelf's Bonded is ash on the wind by the time they start actively searching for them, lost in the chaos that was rounding up the rank and file members of Galactic, and is actively on the run. They will be the last to be accounted for, and the character I will be primarily roleplaying as.

All while Uxie's Bonded escaped several months beforehand, (Mespirit and Azelf have a frankly disturbing body count, Azelf more so), due to sheer on the feet thinking when they were being transported to Galatic's Headquarters, and Alastor's primary lab, for containment. And will be found within the next few years by those searching for them. However, they're only found when their luck runs out and are nearly dead, either from an incident with another Legends Bondeds territory, or just... From not caring for themselves.

After Uxie's Bonded is found, the larger plan is to have a minor time-skip to the point where Azelf's Bonded is found, just months before the Bonded of Uxie and Mespirit are meant to join the ranks of the GO Project as Team Leaders, a year or so after the other four take on their roles as leaders, and to have a bigger plot take shape from there from input from everyone. The hold off on them has to do with complications concerning Mespirit's Bonded having trouble accounting for a second-in-command, and because of a lead concerning Azelf that came in at the last moment, and a general want to keep to a weird 'traditon'.

Beyond that however, their will be one other character that is also Bonded to a Legend that will need an OC to fill, that being Palkia, who, uh, well, the only perquisite being that they're very fond, and possessive, of their 'Pretty Little Guardians', (and are not here for the socializing their Guardians at having with the leaders of Valor, Mystic, Harmony, and Instinct, but recognizes the fact that they do NOT need a territorial space dragon person in their lives before they have at least several years of therapy under their belts), does not want Giratina to escape the Reverse World, and is actively looking for someone to Bond with Dialga so they can have someone to suffocate with their doting and beat the shit out of in equal measures.

As well as the person in charge of making sure Palkia's Bonded doesn't idly destroy regions in their galavanting.

After that are the Second-In-Commands of the teams of the Lake Trio's Bonded, the pre-existing team leaders getting their own spin this RP, [basically being OC's in all but name, and a few predefined personality traits], and their second-in-command's.

And then... A Go analogue. AKA, the intern who screws up and gets dragged into this Bonded Conspiracy Nonsense™ and desperately wishes they took a different offer. Any offer.

Bonded Of Uxie []

Bonded Of Mespirit []

Bonded Of Palkia []

Leader Blanche []

Leader Candela []

Leader Spark []

Leader Of Team Harmony []

Palkia's Replacement Stuffy []

Second-In-Command Of Mespirit's Team []

Second-In-Command Of Uxie's Team []

Second-In-Command Of Azelf's Team []

Leader Spark's Second-In-Command []

Leader Candela's Second-In-Command []

Leader Blanche's Second-In-Command []

Leader Of Team Harmony's Second-In-Command []

Hapless Intern []
_____________________​
Word of warning, this is my first time leading an RP, so, I ask that you remain patient with me!​
------------------​
CS Page -​
--------​
Note: I will be at work from 2 P.M. CDT to 8 P.M. CDT, and thus, will likely benunable to communicate for that stretch of time.​

Last edited:
The Bonded of Palkia sounds Awesome (Even though I'm more of a Dialga fan), though question, do the Bonded essentially control the pokemon?

...it's more like the other way around, every bond has it's price, and it depends on the Legendary, for instance, as I mentioned, in 'Picking Up The Legend Of Ransei' in Pokèmon Conquest, the player characters in this history, twins Mariko and Azai, were both bonded to Arceus.

They can and will posess you, experiencong things through you.

[A bond can be shared between two people of the same Legendary, yes.]

In exchange, Azai gave up seven decades of his life span, and Mariko sacrified her right to pursue a romance with Oichi.

I played the shit out of pokemon conquest, and I don't remember this, probably because I'm stupid xD

IN THIS RP, is what I meant.

The White 2/Black 2 protagonists forfeited the right to ever leave the Unova Region.

The Johto trio demanded a weeks worth of dinner.

It depends on the legend, as I say.

IN THIS RP, is what I meant.

The White 2/Black 2 protagonists forfeited the right to ever leave the Unova Region.

The Johto trio demanded a weeks worth of dinner.

It depends on the legend, as I say.
...Is there any bonds for say... Victini by chance?

I'd prefer if you stayed within the preexisting roles, that isn't to say your OC can't have a connection to Victini's chosen.

AH, Alright, Then, I'd like to do the Bonded of Palkia

ANother question, is this meant to be all good guys, or is there deeper plot than that, to the point where we could in theory, be evil?

Generally speaking, Palkia probably tried to convince it's Bonded to slaughter everyone in Sinnoh the moment it realized the Lake Trio were being messed with, how on board they were with that plan before they found out that 'messed with' didn't mean an overzealous ten year old was trying their hand at photography, the extent of the experimentation, and the age of the subjects at that, is up to you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back