• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Stranded on a Dangerous Island Interest Check

morgan.

hiiiiii
STRANDED

anyone?? i wanted to either do a jurassic park rp or something loosely based on it, soooo here:
✧ Basically, a group of friends (early to mid twenties) wanted some adventure
✧ One friend tricks the others into going on a boat tour to see this restricted island, telling them it would be from a safe distance
✧ He/she actually had intentions of persuading the group to sneak onto the island and exploring once they got there, but as the boat approaches the island something causes them to wreck, and they end up stranded
✧ Could either be Isla Nublar from Jurassic Park, or another fictional island that exhibits some other danger (haunted, island has a curse, ancient myth, etc.)

©SociallyAwkward

Last edited:
hmmmm well you could do something like the island is inhabited by like people who have strong ties to magic or whatnot and like maybe at one point they did something that caused a being or curse to plague the island with misfortune, death, sickness, etc????

Interested. My suggestion is that the island would have monsters or the like appearing at night.

Do we want to use an actual island that is said to be haunted or create a fictional one? I've found several ideas online for cursed islands

I think if we use an actual island it could be useful for using as a visual guide for where our characters can be.

With like placermarkers for the noteable places.
I couldn’t think of the word for so long-

STRANDED

anyone?? i wanted to either do a jurassic park rp or something loosely based on it, soooo here:
✧ Basically, a group of friends (early to mid twenties) wanted some adventure
✧ One friend tricks the others into going on a boat tour to see this restricted island, telling them it would be from a safe distance
✧ He/she actually had intentions of persuading the group to sneak onto the island and exploring once they got there, but as the boat approaches the island something causes them to wreck, and they end up stranded
✧ Could either be Isla Nublar from Jurassic Park, or another fictional island that exhibits some other danger (haunted, island has a curse, ancient myth, etc.)

©SociallyAwkward

interesteddd

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking:
The leader of the group convinces the rest to go on a trip to Venice, Italy and stay at a vacation home owned by his family (generic, I know, but it's just an idea). The group goes on what they think to be a typical boat tour of the surrounding Islands, while the leader has actually paid a local (skeptic young man, doesn't believe the legends but has never taken the risk of visiting the island) to take them onto Poveglia. Paranormal circumstances follow, and soon the group of young adults are without communication or any means of escaping. Poveglia is off-limits, not counting the very minimal legal visits and tourists that sneak onto the island without permission, so they would be completely stranded there without any ability to call for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back