• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Story Write Updates: Revision questions (frequent updates)

daesung

唯一無二。。。と少し奇妙な!
Before Reading: If you are interested in frequently helping me in revising my novel, then please label this thread as "watching". I appriciate it.

Hello! Daesung here, with my Harley-Quinn-sort-of Lisa from BLACKPINK profile picture.

I've been working on a novel, which is Korean-based. It takes place in Seoul of course.

Just a quick summary of what I am about to put under the lines:

This thread will be updated often, and I will comment "updated" whenever I add new content to it. Don't look in the comments for it, it will be right here where it's easy to find.
The purpose of me posting such a story, is for revision purposes, hence why I did not make this into a roleplay or something. Anyways, I appriciate your interest!

fin.

Last updated: April 21, 2017
Author: A.M. Bragdon
Title: on my mind, off my mind
Updated Chapter: 1

Ch. 1

The display of makeup astonished her. Her eyes flowed from row to row, daring herself to buy the entire rack of this excelling brand. You could feel her heart thumping if you could just touch her wrist.

Her dyed blonde hair swung at her shoulders, and the ocean eyes she possessed were filled with contentment and curiosity.

Ami Yo-Jin found herself glancing at a cheap eyeliner in the Dollar Store.

MAC? Are you kidding? I need to stop daydreaming. She huffed.

Her heart sank. She wasn’t at the mall, looking at expensive brands of makeup like MAC or Bare Minerals. She was looking at cheapskate.

After Ami was finished sifting through the store shelves, and buying what she needed for herself, she exited the store.

“Watch ou-”

Slam.

Ami found herself on the ground, her bag was laid out and her items on the concrete. She looked up to find who had bumped into her.

Eh? Who is this?

A dark brown-haired boy, about her age, was quickly stumbling to get off the ground. As soon as he was able to keep his balance, he lent out a hand towards Ami.

“Come on, stand up.” He urged, shaking his hand.

Ami’s heart suddenly rose, and grabbed his hand back. She flinched, “Ouch.” She murmured.

“Oh, in the name of God, what now?”

She had barely said one word to him and he was already annoyed, but Ami’s ankle hurt.

“It’s nothing. Thank you.” She replied calmly, limping her way towards her apartment.

“Wait a minute,” the boy protested, “It’s too dark out here, plus you’re limping.” He crossed his arms as if he were a brat, but he was being selfless.

Ami looked down, then looked at him, “Yeah, okay? And?”

“Let me walk you home.” He made a statement, walking to her side. “Well? Do you need support?”

She hesitated to accept his help, but her ankle wouldn’t support her for long. Seoul isn’t the best place to walk alone in, especially with her being in this shape.

Ami nodded, and pulled his sweater.

The boy put an arm around her back, allowing her to have weight-support. For some reason, Ami blushed and pushed her bangs in front of her face, “Thank you.” She stumbled on her words.

“My name is Kim Hyon-Seok.” He said flatly.

He’s a Kim! Kims are good luck, aren’t they?

Purposely, she almost tripped.

Hyon-Seok caught her by her stomach, and pulled her up by her waist, “Careful.” He warned, “Your name?”

Ami smiled to herself a bit, “Ami Yo-Jin. But my friends call me Ami.”

“Ami. Nice.” He trailed into thought.

I wonder what he could be thinking about. Maybe my name? No no, don’t go ahead of yourself, Ami.

She nudged him, “Hyon-Seok oppa?”

“Eh?” He snapped back, “Oh, sorry. Are we almost there?”

“Yes.” Ami nodded.

She eyed Hyon-Seok, who was staring off into the street.

“We’re here,” she blurted out.

Hyon-Seok stopped and looked into the driveway of the apartment complex, “You live here?” He looked a bit astonished.

“Yeah, it isn’t much, I moved out a month ago.”

“So you’re probably 19 huh?”

Ami nodded shyly, “I should go inside. Thank you.”

He stopped her from going, “Wait,” Hyon-Seok blurted, “Can I have your number?” He seemed as if he was stumbling on his words with embarrassment.

“Oh,” Ami scratched her own head and hesitated before answering, “Yeah… sure…” She laid her hand out, gesturing for his phone.

Smiling, Hyon-Seok opened his phone and gave it to her.

As Ami was typing in her phone number, she was reflecting on how he had treated her when he saw her. She determined his personality to be introverted, but very blunt and irritable.
He was concerned about my ankle, huh?

She was getting ahead of herself, like she always had been. It was normal to be concerned of someone who was hurt, especially if they were a girl walking home at nighttime with a sprained ankle.

Ami handed the phone back to Hyon-Seok, bowing. “Thank you.”

---

Hyon-Seok watched as his friend walked towards the apartment.

What a place to live. He thought with sarcasm.

Walking home wasn’t easy when all Hyon-Seok could think of was Ami Yo-Jin. It really wasn’t. He tried counting how long he could hold his breath, and how many steps he could walk before he lost track. Hyon-Seok successfully completed those tasks, but it wasn’t a solo. He multi-tasked.

She was very pretty for a young Korean girl in Seoul, not many people were like that.

Unable to throw away Ami’s appearence in his head, he decided to continue thinking of her.

I should text her “Good Morning” tomorrow. He vowed.

The walk home wasn’t too long. Before he had the chance to think further, he arrived on the steps of his home.

He had a decent profession as a surgeon in Northern Seoul. Specifically for Gangnam Yonsei Sarang Hospital. To have this kind of job, some would guess he is around 30 or 35. He is 27 years, so some are close.

As he entered the house, he was not welcomed by anyone. He did not have a family to live with. He did not feel lonely, however. He liked living alone sometimes.

At times where he didn’t enjoy being alone, he would go out for a drink with his fellow co-workers. At times, he would find a girl to date a few times. Girls liked Hyon-Seok, but he did not like them. Hence why girls barely asked him out anymore, like in high school.

Hyon-Seok grew frustrated with being alone all the time. I’m sick and tired of people being all over me. He cursed to himself.

He soon grew tired after his moments of thought, and decided to call it a night.

When he laid in his bed, there came a phone call.

He answered it, “Hello?”

“Doctor Kim! We have a patient in critical condition! You’re the last surgeon in vacancy!”

Hyon-Seok was not astonished, “What’s their condition?”

“Large stab wounds, heart rate is decreasing and blood pressure is quickening. The emergency call,” The intern cried on the other line. “Came from an apartment complex in Northeast Seoul!”

- finished for now -

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back