• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Storm Over Rivayle

Characters
Here

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Storm Over Rivayle
Nearstream Camp

50671641836_66cf190ba2_b-jpg.952805

Travel by cart might not be the most comfortable thing in the world, but it was certainly easier than having the whole group come by horse and without question more affordable than either that or taking the Magitrain to get here. That later point was especially relevant to your whole purpose in coming here: You needed funds. They weren't easy to come by when you were attempting to oppose the very man who made all the coin in Rivayle, but nonetheless even thieves needed money.

Their arrival was an uneventful affair. There were a few hired guns going around, mostly around the perimeter of the camp of beige tents or standing guard at one of them(notably the ones walking around the perimeter wore the buttoned blue uniform one would associate with Iceschillendrig's staff, while those inside the camp wore more mish-mashed clothes of rough leather and cloth), but even accounting for the miners and other personnel resting on crates while making small talk to pass the time, or having lunch in one of the tables, it was hard to tell if their number or the number of tents was fewer. One of the people from inside the camp signaled one of the guards on the perimeter, who nodded back to them, and the gunner from inside came to greet the new arrivals.

You explained to him that you came because of the offer the owner of this mine had sent to various towns, a desperate request for help with talks of a generous reward, or as generous as feasible given his circumstances. What those were, well, those were yet to be explained. The guarded responded he expected folks like you to arrive, and led you inside. Gazes followed you, you could feel them judging you head to toe, while others mutter among themselves or exchanged slips of paper while pointing at each of you in turn, sometimes giggling as they did. When you arrived at the largest tent in the camp, right at the center of it, your 'guide' gestured at you to stop.

"Another party is here to deal with the mine!" He shouted.

"They may come in!" A rasp voice called out from inside the tent, followed by a fit of coughing.

The two guards at the front nodded to the 'guide' and moved a bit aside. He in turned to you all.

"Alright, you can come inside. I'll come in after you."

The tent was a bit less spacious than it seemed from the outside, on account of the furniture crammed inside of it. There was a soft bed on the left, and about three tall shelves that almost reached the lanterns hanging from the supports of the tent. They were nearly surrounded by crates and leather bags stuffed with something that gave them round protuberances in places, and the ground wasn't much better, being littered with shredded or mashed parchment all the way to the desk to the right, which faced the entrance alongside a comfortable-looking chair, decorated with a number of colorful pillows.

At the center of the mess there was a man sitting on an elaborate iron chair, pudgy arms seeming to spread across the armrest. He had heavy eyebags, and his hair was in patches around the edges, a smile with teeth barely cleaner than any of the miner's and a poorly shaven beard. While his clothes were certainly of the better sort, made of fancier materials and including such things as a lace jabot and a second-hand tuxedo, it was evident they were loose on him even if he was far from thin. Across from him on his right side was a small table likewise made of iron, with its contents hidden by a single piece of white cloth. Two hired guns stood on his left and his right, hands on the holster. They looked a bit meaner than the ones outside, with their unkept hair, sturdier-looking clothing and a couple of scrs on one of them. As the man in the center saw you enter, his hand began moving towards the cloth on the table, only to be stopped and tremble back onto the armrest.

"So you're the ones this time. Buncha... misfit-looking fellas. Well, I'm long past the point of caring about backgrounds. I don' care if you are men of the angels or you came right from Nahtnaught's darn rear end. All that matters is you get the results. You clean up that mine for me, you walk out with bags of gold. You don't, then you better get walking out of here, cause it can be a little hard to walk six feet under. It's up to you. But let me make one. Thing. Clear." As he stated that, he pushed the armchair, lifting himself out of it, revealing himself to be surprisingly tall, though your party had no shortage of people who could tower over others. "This place here is my property, as is the place I'm asking you to clear out. I catch you with a pebble's worth of my gold that I didn't give you myself and the deal's off, you hear?"

He sat back down, practically throwing himself into the chair.

"Now, then, before you make your decision, I suppose I oughta give you a few more details. Well, if you read the poster you already know most of the story anyway. My name is Don Nearstream I own that goldmine over yonder, and we'd barely been a few months working on it when those darn wretches showed up. We didn't realize what was happening at first. Everybody thought there was a darn ghost making the miner's disappear. Then someone managed to escape an encounter with one of them and we got the proper news. We tried dealing with them ourselves, but frankly I ain't got the manpower to be sending on suicide missions. Now I don't know if you folks are some kinda experts on the 'paranormal' types or just crazy enough to throw yourselves at a problem until you dealt with it or it dealt with you, but as I told you, that's none of my business. I ain't gonna sugarcoat it: You are not the first to go in to do this job, but you may yet be the first to come out, if you don't count those who gave up less than an hour in. As for your payment..." He reached towards one of the bags on the floor behind him, which clinked as he shook it. "A whole fifty gold coins for each of you. Double that if you can find the cause of whatever brought those wretches here and deal with it. And before anyone asks, there won't be any advance payments. You either make it out alive and clear that place of those wretches or you aren't getting paid."

He adjusted himself on the chair.

"So, what will it be?"




Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
 

Kiwikat

The best dog gone kat in the south
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Lenny did his best to puff out his chest and scowl at the fat man leaning over him. Who did this guy think he was talkin' to Lenny Red-eyes like that? Mimicking a gesture Blue-eyes would always make when negotiating a job, he tilted his head down and tipped his hat up with his pointer claw.

"Crazy 'er not ain't the question, sir. Like most folk's 'round here we're lookin' for an honest gold piece or two for the road." A smirk couldn't stop itself from spreading across his little face calling this kind of work 'honest'. He looked up from under the brim of his hat with (his best attempt at) an icy stare. "We need to know that this problem 'o yours can even be solved by ladies and gentlemen of our particular..." His squeaky voice trailed off as he tried very hard to think of the right word. It was increasingly clear with each passing moment of silence that he was not going to find it, finally he gave up and just said the first big word he could think of, "effstervensince" He finally said, at least confident he pronounced the word he was trying to say correctly (he had not). "How're you so sure that our guns'll even hurt these ghosties, let alone stop a whole host of 'em?"

He pictured how Blue-eyes would look in a situation like this and casually got into the same pose as he continued. "And what's more, how do we know you ain't just gonna cave us in or gun us down the moment we show up with your varmints dead and gone?"

Lenny looked at his group another time just to remind himself of what his "gang" looked like now. He wasn't very used to traveling with ladies, especially not one he considered old enough to be his mother (though to him, any woman taller than him and who bossed him around to take a bath and not bite people he just assumed was ancient). A lady more human than dragonfolk and a livin' doll. He thought he'd seen everything that time he snuck into the circus to look at that three eyed toad. Still they were a start to a gang, and the closest thing to one he'd have until he was big and mean enough to boss people around. He was at least happy to have met people who wanted Icey dead as much as he did. Not that it was hard to find people who hated the snake, but that it was hard to find people who would take Lenny seriously when he said he'd shoot him dead. And beyond that, if he and his posse died now, who would avenge Blue-eyes? If this old fatty was going to double cross them, he better be a hell of a lot more clever about it than throwing them down a dark cave, cause it'd be a rainy day in the desert before Lenny'd fall for it.

"Plus" he finally said after his brief internal monologue "you seem to think pretty confident that this here varmint problem can be stopped. But if you're so sure why haven't you sent 'em there and not into the mines?"
 
Last edited:

PixelSymphony

Tactical Operations Meido
The cart ride into the mining camp gave Gwenwyn the first opportunity she'd had in some time to stop and take account of her situation. How exactly had she ended up like this, taking on some fat cat's errand when above everything, she'd wanted to break the back of the biggest one of them all? A sigh came from her as she momentarily closed her eyes, remembering the moderately harrowing start to her quest; full of pride and vigor, she'd marched straight up to Iceschillendrig's newest monstrosity of a business and kicked the door open, intending to put a quick end to the operations in this area. Unfortunately her actions hadn't done a shred of good; she was quickly swarmed by the local goons dolled up as "security" and dragged before not Icey but his lackey, the local site manager, who in few words made it clear that if he ever saw her face again he'd put her into the ground himself. Then she was tossed out on her ear, but not before the goons felt entitled to give her a good shellacking.

Bunch of wastes of space, she whinged internally, a low grumble emanating from her as she reflexively felt for a rib that had only just recently mended itself. Still, while some might have taken the beating as a wakeup call to watch themselves, for Gwyn it only galvanized her. Nary a moment had passed after she'd picked herself off the muddy ground, bruised and bloodied while the "security" watched, that she shouted out that one day she'd be paying them back in spades. They'd made a fool of her that day, but nothing could keep the fires of her resolve from burning like the white-hot coals of the very forge she sought to save.

Ever since then, she'd been searching for a way to make her next appearance at the Foundry a touch more meaningful. She'd lucked out one night at the town saloon where, deep into her cups, she happened to run into a pair of fellows who shared her same hatred of the Titan of Prosperity: a boisterous young kobold who was adorable in the way that your snotty eight year old brother attempting to pick a fight with the school bully was adorable, and a rather creepy human girl who reminded her of nothing but those wooden mannequins one would find at the local haberdashery (not that she tended to frequent such establishments, as suits and dresses had little home in a blacksmith's shop where at any moment an errant ember could easily burn a hole such fine fabrics). Quite a duo those two, but in her moment of inebriation, to her they were destined companions, fellow members of a quest to bring justie to the terror of finance the Titan of Prosperity was. Unfortunately at the moment, she couldn't remember exactly what they'd said their reasons were, or even if indeed they had stated them, but since then they'd been traveling together.

Unfortunately, grand vows and noble duties do little to fill one's bellies on the trails, and they'd been forced into all number of menial jobs in an attempt to scrape an existence together while they formulated a plan. This cart they were on had been their first real big break; if they could handle whatever task the posters in town had called for courageous men and women for, then maybe they could finally get on their feet and start to really make some moves. It was with this thought that Gwyn's consciousness was snapped back to the present, as the cart slowly rumbled to a halt just outside of their destination. Gwyn stood to her full height, extending all six feet of her physique up and slinging her rifle over one shoulder before hopping off the cart with a heavy thud.

Taking a moment to stretch from the cart ride, she gazed over the motley array of canvas shelters and immediately let out a low growl upon seeing the unmistakable serged coats of Iceschillendrig's coterie. Only her devotion to her overarching plan and newfound companions kept her from sounding off; heaven help her if she was ever left alone with one of these thugs, though. With an audible "hmph", she turned away from the blue-coated external guards and made her way into the camp proper, passing quickly into one of the larger tents to be presented with the originator of these summons.

There was little doubt in Gwyn's mind that before her sat a man whose largess was not confined only to his physicality; even in his words she could hear the underpinnings of a man who had gotten his stature through sucking the lifeblood out of every little person beneath him. Indeed if it weren't for him holding the key to their group's potential survival, she'd be tempted to sock him straight through the back end of the tent and walk out empty-handed. Well, that and the two armed guards who stood to either side of him; lacking the overwhelming numbers of the goons back at the Forge, she suspected they'd preemptively shoot first and ask questions later, a fact well supported by their less than subtle demeanor at the negotiation table. So yet again, she sucked it up and held her temper, though there was no denying that she could start to feel the fires of vengeance starting to heat up inside her much as before.

When the fat man finally stopped speaking, Lenny piped up before Gwyn could say anything. Huh, that's actually a good point. Planting a hand on her hip, she added on to what the youthful kobold had to say. "I ain't worried about the wretches; if guns ain't gonna touch 'em, I got a few other irons in the fire. Sides, what are a buncha outhouse gremlins gonna do to us?" she said with a grin. "What I am worried about though is what the kid said; how do we know you ain't gonna just decide fifty gold's too pricey to pay?" She nodded towards both of his guards. "You seem ready enough to do the job right now for someone that's lookin' for someone to help 'im out."
 
Last edited:

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

  • Lillybane Monhoot
    Lvl 2 Kau'Azur Cult Warlock/ Level 1 Artificer



    The elongated ears were unnecessary to draw eyes to the creepy figure sitting in the middle left of the cart, eyes shot open and yet head seeming to dangle with the cart's bouncing through the desert trail. It was indeed like a doll, without a hint of breath or a will to move itself beyond the pushes and pulls of inertia. Fortunately, there were only three people in that cart including the driver, or else someone might have gotten startled and tumbled down at the sudden spring of movement when a crow flew down to perch on the figure's shoulder.

    "Oh, there you are! Have you seen anything fun?" I giggled as my eyes shot wide awake (despite having been open the whole time). It seemed the stillness was gone.

    Oh, what is a girl to do when she literally can't sleep? Drawing a few more eyes to herself, perhaps. Shuffling a bit I picked up the doll I had already nearly complete, moderately resembling the driver up ahead (as much as a bag of string with some stuffing could, with some lines for the eyes and padding for the vest), and passed it through a needle for some finishing touches, giggling as moved side to side, smiling and admiring my own work.

    As the cart stopped, I hauled out a relatively small wooden chest with a strap, to it could be carried on the side. It had an elaborate design vaguely resembling two long black dogs with a golden silhouette facing each other around the lock, but was it was surprisingly thin and fragile, since it had to be relatively large but still easy enough even for someone like myself to carry. I opened it up and place the driver doll amongst the rest of the family, and locked them all up again. If I could, I would trap them all inside that dark place, but if one of them just up and got lost somewhere that would leave me rather sad.

    They ought to at least be used once before being abandoned like that!

    It was difficult to decide if the sight of Ischellendrig's lackeys guarding the mining site was surprising or not. Certainly, I don't think either me, the baby dragon or the big dragon had any wish to help the Titan of Prosperity in any way, so naturally we hadn't taken a job directly related to him - on the other hand, those spotless gloves that go within a horse's muzzle of anything worth less than an arm and a leg... Ah whoops.

    Seems I was starting to get a teensy bit worked up.

    Can't have that, now can we?

    I smiled again and gave an occasional little wave to the miners as we were guided through the camp. Some of them even went and waved back, many keeping moderately nervous faces, with their eyes semi-fixated around my waist. One had to wonder if there was something charming to my good looks or if they'd taken a liking to my dolls hanging from there. How lovely.

    Then of course, though we had only worked a few times together, but some bad habits of our group were already starting to reveal themselves a pattern. Before we could even properly greet our to-be-patron, the baby dragon was already flaring accusations which could not possibly go over well, even knowing how utterly unpredictable people's reactions could be to the most utterly mundane things. This one, however, truly tempted fate. If he believed the man desired for us to walk into a trap, would it not have been easier to shoot us right here with the two armed men standing guard at practically point-blank range?

    "Whilst I could not ease ALL of your worries, I do believe I can relieve our host of answering at least some of your concerns. But first... I do apologize for my companion's rude behavior. It may have been... displeasing to be accused of such things upfront." I bowed my head deeply in apology, before turning to the rest of the party. "These wretches are a troublesome foe, from what I read. I think people mentioned fighting them back, but... They'll drag you right to the grave with a touch, they say. Nobody knows where they come from. Jus that were a few... and now there are many more of them, in recent times. People call them demons of some kind, but there have been people to tell the tale, so its probably possible to at least get away from one without being able to rely on magic. Besides, even if we did have to rely on magic..."

    I pulled one of my dolls hanging from my waist and waved in front of me.

    30cdef4f9d16225be873bf8b69a8be33-jpg.1004736



    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 18 / 18
    Hit Dice: 3d8 / 3d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30ft
    Passive Perception: 11
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha/Int
    Spellsave DC: 12 / 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +4 / +7
    Past Knowledge: 2/2
    1st Level Spell Slots: 2/2


Spells
Cantrips: (6)
*Guidance (Artificer)
*Mending (Artificer)
*Prestidigitation (Warlock)
*Toll the Dead (Warlock)
*Chill Touch (Strixhaven Initiate)
*Druidcraft (Strixhaven Initiate)

First Level: (10)
*Cure Wounds (Artificer)
*Detect Magic (Artificer)
*Inflict Wounds (Artificer)
*Disguise Self (Artificer)
*False Life (Artificer)
*Puppet (Warlock)
*Unseen Servant (Warlock) [Ritual]
*Speak With Animals (Beast Speech)
*Silent Image (Misty Visions)
*Find Familiar (Strixhaven Initiate) [Ritual]


Items
Equipped:
Hide (10 GP)
Broom Quarterstaff (2 SP)
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Traveller's Clothes (2 GP)
Chest (5 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
41 GP
40 SP
7 CP

Carrying:
Tinker's Tools (50 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Shield (10 GP)
Dagger x2 (4 GP)
Herbalism Kit (5 GP)
Candles x10 (1 SP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
Healer's Kit (5 GP)
Bullets (20) (6 GP)
Pepperbox (15 GP)
5ft string x2 (-8 CP)
Dolls x?



Skills
Saving Throws
Strength: -1
Dexterity: +2
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +7
Wisdom: +1
Charisma: +2

Skills
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +7
Athletics: -1
Deception: +4
History: +5
Insight: +1
Intimidation: +2
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +3
Nature: +5
Perception: +1
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +5
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +2
Survival: +1


Other Features


Deathless Nature- You have escaped death, a fact represented by the following benefits:
*You have advantage on saving throws against disease and being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
*You have advantage on death saving throws.
*You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
*You don’t need to sleep, and magic can’t put you to sleep. You can finish a long rest in 4 hours if you spend those hours in an inactive, motionless state, during which you retain consciousness.


Knowledge from Past Life- You temporarily remember glimpses of the past, perhaps faded memories from ages ago or a previous life. When you make an ability check that uses a skill, you can roll a d6 immediately after seeing the number on the d20 and add the number on the d6 to the check. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Magical Tinkering- At 1st level, you've learned how to invest a spark of magic into mundane objects. To use this ability, you must have thieves' tools or artisan's tools in hand. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:

The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message that can be heard up to 10 feet away. You utter the message when you bestow this property on the object, and the recording can be no more than 6 seconds long.
The object continuously emits your choice of an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves, chirping, or the like). The chosen phenomenon is perceivable up to 10 feet away.
A static visual effect appears on one of the object's surfaces. This effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture of these elements, as you like.
The chosen property lasts indefinitely. As an action, you can touch the object and end the property early.

You can bestow magic on multiple objects, touching one object each time you use this feature, though a single object can only bear one property at a time. The maximum number of objects you can affect with this feature at one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). If you try to exceed your maximum, the oldest property immediately ends, and then the new property applies


Ritual Casting- You can cast an artificer spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.

Beast Speech- You can cast Speak with Animals at will, without expending a spell slot.

Misty Visions- You can cast Silent Image at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Sentinel Raven- Starting at 1st level, you gain the service of a spirit sent by the Raven Queen to watch over you. The spirit assumes the form and game statistics of a raven, and it always obeys your commands, which you can give telepathically while it is within 100 feet of you.

While the raven is perched on your shoulder, you gain darkvision with a range of 30 feet and a bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) score and to Wisdom (Perception) checks. The bonus equals your Charisma modifier. While perched on your shoulder, the raven can’t be targeted by any attack or other harmful effect; only you can cast spells on it; it can’t take damage; and it is incapacitated.

You can see through the raven’s eyes and hear what it hears while it is within 100 feet of you.

In combat, you roll initiative for the raven and control how it acts. If it is slain by a creature, you gain advantage on all attack rolls against the killer for the next 24 hours.

The raven doesn’t require sleep. While it is within 100 feet of you, it can awaken you from sleep as a bonus action.

The raven vanishes when it dies, if you die, or if the two of you are separated by more than 5 miles.

At the end of a short or long rest, you can call the raven back to you—no matter where it is or whether it died—and it reappears within 5 feet of you.


Strixhaven Initiate- You have studied some magical theory and have learned a few spells associated with Strixhaven University.

Choose one of Strixhaven's colleges: Lorehold, Prismari. Quandrix, Silverquill, or Witherbloom. You learn two cantrips and one 1st-level spell based on the college you choose, as specified in the Strixhaven Spells table.

You can cast the chosen 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat's spells is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).
(1/1)



Interacting With: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Kiwikat Kiwikat
Mentions: N/A
Might Also Want to Read: N/A







Storm Over Rivayle
Nearstream Camp 2

50671641836_66cf190ba2_b-jpg.952805

The man was visibly shocked, mumbling something at a loss for words. He buried his forehead into his palm, the body guards shooting glances down at him, whilst the party members talked about what he might do to them and what he might.

"I got an operation to run here. I can't afford to lose the men I got. That's why I'm seeking outside help. Now, I ain't got no guarantees, none besides the fact that if I tried anything like that, I'd never get help again. Now, my offer's been made. You can take it, you can leave it. I'd really rather ya take it, cause this problem has me up the spine, but I posted that request expecting that the people who came here knew what they were doing. Do ya think this is a park? Did ya think I was gonna bring unchecked people into MY mining camp to pick flowers? I don't know if ya can take care of the job or not. What I know, is that knowing that is your job. And then doing that if you can take care of it. I'll overlook the "rude behavior" as the lady put it, and ask again: Are ya in, or are ya out? Choice is yours."




Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
 

Kiwikat

The best dog gone kat in the south
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Lenny felt like he should have been angry with the doll for apologizing for him, but really he could only muster up embarrassment that he hadn't just asked her his questions instead of the man. He turned and smiled sheepishly to his magical companion and tipped his hat.

"Much obliged ma'am. And I offer you my sinsneerist applegese at my implimication your magic wouldn't fit the bill." He flicked his tail nervously. Ever since he'd first met her he could never shake the feeling that he was never just talking to her when he spoke to her, like he also had to talk to all her dolls or something. And likewise when she told him off it was like a hundred little dolls were also telling him to behave. It wasn't a feeling he liked very much so he made sure to try extra hard not to be on her bad side when he could. He whipped his head back to the man at the desk, his hat swiveling lopsidedly behind. Taking a moment to adjust the hat so it sat straight on his head again, he scrambled over to one of the crates and heaved it across the hard, cluttered floor with a strained grunt. Then, after catching his breath he walked over and got one of the lumpy sacks and awkwardly heaped it onto the crate, giving him just enough height to be eye level with the sitting man. With a little yelp he hopped up onto the bag (nearly losing his footing on a loose... whatever was in these things) and shot a nasty glare at the guards who he could clearly tell were holding back laughter. He adjusted his hat and belts one more time for good measure, and then mustering his coldest "Blue-eyes" stare he could he leaned forward and said cooly.

"As for YOU." Lenny said, cocking his head a bit like Blue-eyes would when he was sealing a deal. "I ain't no flower boy, son. Hell I ain't ever met a florist who could stomach half of what I've seen." He, in one swift movement unholstered his revolver and clicked the cylinder open, a sign of trust among desperados that meant even though you have a gun you're showing that you won't use it because you know they won't shoot you. "And this..." He began, hearing Blue-eyes' voice coming from his own mouth, "...Sure as shootin' aint a tool for prunin' roses. Now I don't mean no disrespect on you or your mine. But the last time I ever heard of folk like yourself hiring my kind..." He gestured to his hat upon saying "my kind" assuming that everyone knew the white-snake gang and what had become of them. "Well, let's just say you should excuse me for not trustin' ya farther than a bull could pull ya. Just as I don't begrudge you for assumin' all manner of no good, dust suckin --" He suddenly realized he was in the pressence of ladies and caught himself before continuing that string of insults, "varmint..." he punctuated. "Would be happy takin' a front payment,hittin' the road and leavin your fine establishment to the tumbleweeds." With no desk to set his gun on, he quickly climbed down the boxes, put the gun on the floor, then scampered back up. He spat on his hand and extended it over the gun for a handshake, another sign of trust and acceptance among the bandits of the wilds. "But we're not that kind of folk. Now let's let bygonners be bygonners and let's settle this deal over spit, like men." Lenny locked eyes with the man, not really able to read any particular emotion or inclination towards Lenny, but this is what it meant to be a man.

He wondered, in the moments before the man reluctantly did the same if Blue-eyes would've been proud of him. More relevantly, he wondered if this doll or dragon lady thought of him as the leader. Those were the kinds of questions Lenny wished he had asked Blue-eyes. It was easy to aim guns, and say the right things, and look tough, but how did he know he was being a good leader? How did he know he'd make the right decisions for the gang? Did Blue-eyes know? Did anyone? Somehow, he knew what Blue-eyes would've told him. "Ain't nobody got the answer to all life's question's son. Sometimes yer best bet is to reach yer hand in a hole and pray there ain't a rattlesnake." Lenny let out a little sniffle, his hand still extended, as he wished he could have hugged the Blue-eyes in his memory, instead he tilted his head up to hide the tears welling up in his eyes and tried his hardest to stop his voice from breaking. "Well go on, spit! I won't tell anyone that you spit in the presence of a lady if you don't"
 

PixelSymphony

Tactical Operations Meido
Gwyn raised a brow at Lilly's deference to the fat man, another grumble resonating in her form. This girl was far too accommodating of those whose respect was undeserved; sooner or later some charlatan would pick up on her ubiquitous trust and rake her over the coals if she wasn't more careful. Still, Gwyn supposed that at the moment defusing the situation made it more likely that everybody wouldn't be walking out of here with a few extra holes in them, so for her part, the half-dragon kept her maw shut concerning dealing with the man. As for the wretches though... "demons with a touch of death?" she scoffed, "Guess we'll just have to keep from square dancin' with them. Anyway if they're demons, that means they can eat lead like the rest of 'em; I'm certainly not gonna give up a bounty like this on account of some dodgy readings."

Just then, Lenny leaned in whole hog into the schmoozing, his little song and dance routine certainly captivating, if questionably effective. While undoubtedly the effect the little dragon was going for was to impress his counterpart with his grit and honor, mostly it kind of reminded Gwyn of the kids at church trying to put on a holiday play, with all the overacting and rapid changes in movement one would expect. And yet through it all, the one thing that couldn't be brought up against Lenny's performance was his earnestness; for all his miniature desperado posturing, he genuinely seemed to be putting his money where his mouth was concerning the job, and Gwyn couln't help but have a small smile crack across her previously scowling face.

"Well," the half-dragoness finally spoke, once Lenny had spat and extended his hand, "while I think I'll hold off the spittin', if my friends think you're trustworthy enough to sign on the dotted line with, then I guess I'm in the same boat." She began to reach out with her own hand to seal the deal, then realized that if the man ended up shaking hands with Lenny first, that would mean... "Hm. Tell you what. We'll shake hands when we get back. Just make sure that money doesn't grow feet and skedaddle; I haven't eaten anything other than beans and salt pork for the last two weeks and I'm dyin' for a steak the instant we get back to town."

"So then bossman," Gwyn changed topics with, crossing her arms across her chest as she turned a critical eye towards the man. "Just how deep in are all these wretches holed up? Also you guys have any minecarts set up to be transporting us in or whatnot? I don't wanna end up havin' to carry these two at some point on account of them gettin' tuckered out from the journey. And one more thing; any kinda explosives or other nasty chemicals you bunch have been working with that we should keep an eye out for? I'd rather not have a whole mineshaft come tumblin' down on my head because some dummy knocked over a lantern and lit up a pile of dynamite."
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

  • Lillybane Monhoot
    Lvl 2 Kau'Azur Cult Warlock/ Level 1 Artificer



    “Oh, you’re most welcome. I do hope you found it helpful. It’s fine about my magic, lots of people don’t think much of it, and I don’t mind none, cause I know otherwise.” I responded with a gentle nod to Lenny’s hat tip, and pulled the doll I raised earlier closer to my face. “Don’t I, Josephine?”

    I shook the doll a little bit, and as though to demonstrate the a bell seemed to chime as the figure emitted a quick, barely noticeable purple glow from within, faded as suddenly as it came and as faintly as it was while it lasted.

    “I do believe, she agrees.” I chuckled, and put the doll back on my waist.

    As expected of someone with such a serious demeanor, Gwynn would not so easily be dissuaded from tackling the matter of the wretched (not that I ever had any such intention to begin with, of course). I then watched with amusement as the small dragonfolk moved some crates around as he tried to make amends with the mine owner, and did honestly find myself with a little giggle at the whole performance. No holding it back or anything, unless one were to count putting a hand faintly in front of my mouth as “holding it back”.

    “Now go on ahead, why don’t ya shake his hand, hmmm? I’m sure a little dragon spit’s worth its weight in iron at least.” Spit was a dirty thing, the kind of thing you threw at the floor when you were too disgusted at someone for words. I had never quite understood that custom of exchanging it in a handshake some folk had. Yet, sure enough, Lenny’s earnestness sure made one want to play along, and besides, it was indeed true that there was power in something like spit, and how essential their maws were to the dragonfolk’s talent as smiths was also quite true.

    It seemed Gwynn was also on board, though she had a few more concerns to settle before we were ready to get a move on, namely around the state of the mine and dangerous things we might find within it. Once she and Lenny were done talking, I stepped forward myself:

    “I would add as well, regarding your earlier comments, Gwynn, that wretches would hardly be known as demons were they so quick to “eat lead”, as you put it. From the way mr.Nearsteam spoke earlier, it would appear we are not the first to come to deal with them earlier…” Having said that, I tilted my head without a blink and faced our to-be-employer. “Were the previous groups unable to find any clues? What manner of state were they in when they returned? The wretches would also seem to be confined to the mine, seeing as the camp remains around it and nobody seems to be in a panic or uneasy about the possibility of such monsters crawling out of their lair… Or perhaps I am misjudging the situation? If I’m not, perchance you have some idea why they remain where they do?”

    30cdef4f9d16225be873bf8b69a8be33-jpg.1004736



    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 18 / 18
    Hit Dice: 3d8 / 3d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30ft
    Passive Perception: 11
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha/Int
    Spellsave DC: 12 / 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +4 / +7
    Past Knowledge: 2/2
    1st Level Spell Slots: 2/2


Spells
Cantrips: (6)
*Guidance (Artificer)
*Mending (Artificer)
*Prestidigitation (Warlock)
*Toll the Dead (Warlock)
*Chill Touch (Strixhaven Initiate)
*Druidcraft (Strixhaven Initiate)

First Level: (10)
*Cure Wounds (Artificer)
*Detect Magic (Artificer)
*Inflict Wounds (Artificer)
*Disguise Self (Artificer)
*False Life (Artificer)
*Puppet (Warlock)
*Unseen Servant (Warlock) [Ritual]
*Speak With Animals (Beast Speech)
*Silent Image (Misty Visions)
*Find Familiar (Strixhaven Initiate) [Ritual]


Items
Equipped:
Hide (10 GP)
Broom Quarterstaff (2 SP)
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Traveller's Clothes (2 GP)
Chest (5 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
41 GP
40 SP
7 CP

Carrying:
Tinker's Tools (50 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Shield (10 GP)
Dagger x2 (4 GP)
Herbalism Kit (5 GP)
Candles x10 (1 SP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
Healer's Kit (5 GP)
Bullets (20) (6 GP)
Pepperbox (15 GP)
5ft string x2 (-8 CP)
Dolls x?



Skills
Saving Throws
Strength: -1
Dexterity: +2
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +7
Wisdom: +1
Charisma: +2

Skills
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +7
Athletics: -1
Deception: +4
History: +5
Insight: +1
Intimidation: +2
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +3
Nature: +5
Perception: +1
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +5
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +2
Survival: +1


Other Features


Deathless Nature- You have escaped death, a fact represented by the following benefits:
*You have advantage on saving throws against disease and being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
*You have advantage on death saving throws.
*You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
*You don’t need to sleep, and magic can’t put you to sleep. You can finish a long rest in 4 hours if you spend those hours in an inactive, motionless state, during which you retain consciousness.


Knowledge from Past Life- You temporarily remember glimpses of the past, perhaps faded memories from ages ago or a previous life. When you make an ability check that uses a skill, you can roll a d6 immediately after seeing the number on the d20 and add the number on the d6 to the check. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Magical Tinkering- At 1st level, you've learned how to invest a spark of magic into mundane objects. To use this ability, you must have thieves' tools or artisan's tools in hand. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:

The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message that can be heard up to 10 feet away. You utter the message when you bestow this property on the object, and the recording can be no more than 6 seconds long.
The object continuously emits your choice of an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves, chirping, or the like). The chosen phenomenon is perceivable up to 10 feet away.
A static visual effect appears on one of the object's surfaces. This effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture of these elements, as you like.
The chosen property lasts indefinitely. As an action, you can touch the object and end the property early.

You can bestow magic on multiple objects, touching one object each time you use this feature, though a single object can only bear one property at a time. The maximum number of objects you can affect with this feature at one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). If you try to exceed your maximum, the oldest property immediately ends, and then the new property applies


Ritual Casting- You can cast an artificer spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.

Beast Speech- You can cast Speak with Animals at will, without expending a spell slot.

Misty Visions- You can cast Silent Image at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Sentinel Raven- Starting at 1st level, you gain the service of a spirit sent by the Raven Queen to watch over you. The spirit assumes the form and game statistics of a raven, and it always obeys your commands, which you can give telepathically while it is within 100 feet of you.

While the raven is perched on your shoulder, you gain darkvision with a range of 30 feet and a bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) score and to Wisdom (Perception) checks. The bonus equals your Charisma modifier. While perched on your shoulder, the raven can’t be targeted by any attack or other harmful effect; only you can cast spells on it; it can’t take damage; and it is incapacitated.

You can see through the raven’s eyes and hear what it hears while it is within 100 feet of you.

In combat, you roll initiative for the raven and control how it acts. If it is slain by a creature, you gain advantage on all attack rolls against the killer for the next 24 hours.

The raven doesn’t require sleep. While it is within 100 feet of you, it can awaken you from sleep as a bonus action.

The raven vanishes when it dies, if you die, or if the two of you are separated by more than 5 miles.

At the end of a short or long rest, you can call the raven back to you—no matter where it is or whether it died—and it reappears within 5 feet of you.


Strixhaven Initiate- You have studied some magical theory and have learned a few spells associated with Strixhaven University.

Choose one of Strixhaven's colleges: Lorehold, Prismari. Quandrix, Silverquill, or Witherbloom. You learn two cantrips and one 1st-level spell based on the college you choose, as specified in the Strixhaven Spells table.

You can cast the chosen 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat's spells is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).
(1/1)



Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Storm Over Rivayle
Nearstream Camp 3

50671641836_66cf190ba2_b-jpg.952805

The two bodyguards next Nearstream looked at each other, unsure as to whether to act on the mess they were seeing. The man himself raised a hand however, as though telling them to let Lenny be… for now. He needed a moment to collect himself after the kid reached out that spit-riddled hand to him, whilst the other two party members added additional questions to the pile. Taking in a deep breath, Nearstream hesitantly pulled out his right hand glove and spat a little in that palm (needing to do it twice as the first almost missed the mark on account for the aforementioned hesitation).

"I can understand not wanting to trust me. But it ain’t your job to trust. You saw my poster. You know what I want. Get rid of them damned pests in my mind, and the money will grow legs alright, and leap right into your laps. Ya’ll be eating stale or eggs or straight out of Ichillendrig’s own shoes for all I care, and I’ll be sitting here watching the people I hired get to do their jobs, making back my money and then some…. Provided ya’ll can do the job ya came to do. I ain’t got any guarantees to give but my word and the my reputation as collateral, and a handshake if that’s what ya’re asking for. " With that, he went ahead and pressed slimey palm onto slimey palm with Lenny, potentially shaking his balance a little on that crate he stood on. He then walked back, and sat on his chair, careful to avoid letting his hand touch anything. ”Onto those other matters, as far as we can tell, them wretches are crawling all the way down at the bottom of the mine. Naturally we removed anything that could compromise the facility as we evacuated, or so we’re my orders. There should still be the torches on the walls, but we’ve only managed to keep them lit up to a point, and that light has been paid for in lives. Otherwise, we didn’t use much of anything explosive to begin with, and though we did have minecarts, they were not on any rails. The only transport within is the elevator, and even that is broken last I heard. Personnel we sent in to fix it never came back either… and since ya ask, neither did many of ya fellow adventurer types. Those that did return were the ones that went in and went back out almost immediately, scared for their dear lives. The wretched fortunately never gave those chase, nor us… but it is concerning that we have no idea why.”




Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
 

Kiwikat

The best dog gone kat in the south
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Lenny shook the man’s hand as firmly as his little claws could grasp and rubbed away a stray tear with his free hand and sniffled one more time. Lenny had to pull himself together, he had a job to do now and he just shook on it. Without another word he jumped down from the boxes, slunk over to his gun and with the same flare he used to brandish it, flicked the chamber closed, gave the chamber a good spin, twirled the revolver around his pointer claw and holstered it. He tipped his hat towards the guards (who Lenny could tell were impressed with him) and went back to stand at the feet of Gwyn.

As Lenny looked at his hand, it suddenly occurred to him that the last time he himself had participated in a spit shake was with Blue-eyes, and when they had it made a cool fizzing and popping sound. Still staring at his claw he slowly realized it was because the acid (albeit diluted since he was still a kid) that lingered in his spit. Blue-eyes didn’t seem to mind it, but he wondered if this human would take so kindly to having an itchy right palm for a while. It wasn’t worth bringing up and it’d probably kill the serious atmosphere that Lenny had created. Instead he turned to the only other dragon he had access to, Gwyn.

Lenny stared up at her, not paying attention to the conversation or what she was saying, he waited until she was done talking and tugged at her clothes for her to come close for him to whisper something. “Ma’am…Psst…Ma’am… I have something important to ask you… I just spit in that man’s hand but I forgot that I’ve got pure acid for spit. What do you do when you accidentally spit fire on folks when you spit shake?” As Lenny whispered he realized it was a silly question and quickly added, “Oh, sorry- Ladies don’t spit, I didn’t mean to insinmutate that you ain’t ladylike, I just mean have you ever on accident burned nobody before?” The longer he whispered the more he became aware that this probably was not the best place to have this conversation, and with all of the looks he was getting it was also likely he wasn’t too good at whispering either. With one more sharp whisper he quickly said “it’s okay if you don’t wanna talk about this right now. We can talk about it in the mine.” He said, and without really knowing how to stop this interaction he winked and tipped his hat. Lenny wasn’t sure why Blue-eyes always winked at ladies when he talked to him, but he guessed it was cause that was just how you said goodbye to ladies in a respectful way, like how folks will salute soldiers. He turned away from Gwyn feeling good about that conversation and continued to not listen to whatever that fat man was blabbing about. His mind wandered to what might be in those mines.

It was scary stuff to be sure. Lenny had shot at all kinds of things, rats, bats, cats, and even people sometimes, but a ghost-demon might be more than he could handle. And a ghost demon was something even Blue-eyes had never fought before… had anyone in this group? He suddenly found himself closer to Gwyn and with her in between him and the man. He didn’t move from behind her, but he tried looking fearless, even though deep down he was shaking like a tumbleweed in a twister. He looked over at Lillybane and for the first time felt safer when looking at her. He didn’t know much about her magic, but if she believed it was enough to fight those things then so did he. That’s what being the boss is all about. “I’m ready to give those varmints what’s commin’ soon as we’re ready to mosey on over” Lenny announced during a lul in the conversation. “We’ll have yer ghosts faster’n you can say jabeñero hallucimitations”
 
Last edited:

PixelSymphony

Tactical Operations Meido
Gwyn watched bemused as the fat man attempt to summon forth the necessary spit to seal the deal, a small "snrk" coming from her as he and Lenny clapped hands together in perhaps one of the more unique business arrangements this man had ever put together. "Bottom of the mine, eh? Guess a latrine's a latrine. All right Mr. Nearstream, a deal's a deal then. We'll get those wretches out of your mine and leave you to your work. Might even get your elevator fixed on the way, if yer lucky."

The half-dragon's eyes caught Lenny's movement back over to retrieve his iron, and she caught herself unconsciously rolling her eyes in response to watching the kobold go through his post-handshake song and dance. Oh just let him have his little victory, he probably doesn't get that many. She breathed out a smoky grunt and began to turn to leave the tent when she felt a tug at her leg; Lenny was apparently concerned about something and wanted her advice in confidence, his petite claw gesturing her to draw close. "Eh?" she said, momentarily surprised before kneeling down to the tiny dragonfolk. "Somethin' on your mind kid?" She listened as he shared his concerns about perhaps having accidently seared the hand of the mine proprietor, become letting out a stauch laugh. "I wouldn't worry too much Lenny," she responded, giving Lenny a hearty pat on the back before shooting her eyes over to the fat man. "If a businessman like him can't handle a little hand jerky in order to get things done, he ain't got a right to call himself a businessman. Henways, can't say I ever accidentally spat fire on no-one in the past, so I guess we'll have to find out in the mine. And I ain't gonna get into the whole "ladylike" discussion, on account of a smith's shop not really givin' much of a hoot fer propriety. You'd have better luck with our dear companion on that subject," she concluded, jerking a thumb back towards Lilly. "But yeah, if you wanna bring this back up in the mine, I'm all ears kid. We're gonna have a heckuva walk anyway so ain't like we're gonna be in a rush." The wink and tip of Lenny's hat in response made her pause, before shaking her head. Eesh, whatta brat. I can't imagine what he's gonna grow up to be like...

She hitched up her rifle again alongside the large metal shield on her back that more than slightly resembled a boilerplate. "Speakin' of which... you ready to head out, Miss Lilly? It don't sound like they've got much more information on these wretch sightings, so's we might as well head on in an see for ourself. My momma always said anythin' worth doin' was worth doin' yourself, ya know." Gwyn thought for a bit. "Wonder if that's why we never hired anybody at the forge... huh." A shrug quickly turned back into her gripping the sling of the rifle, awaiting the mysterious young girl's response before they all headed down into the mine. "Make sure yeh got all yer dolls 'fore we head out, missy. You wouldn't want to be leavin' any of them behind now, y'hear?"
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Storm Over Rivayle
Nearstream Camp 4

50671641836_66cf190ba2_b-jpg.952805

"Now then...." Nearstream spoke up, interrupting any conversations that might have been going on. His face was showing visible signs of discomfort and while he avoided moving his hand too much or touching anything with it, its fingers kept scratching unconsciously scratching the palm, before being pulled away when he noticed. Nonetheless, he spoke nothing of it, forcing a smile instead. "I think that will quite do for questions. I still have some other financial matters I need to attend to in order to salvage this whole situation, so I'll have mr. Daves escort you to the location of the mine. You can make your final decision there."

Don gestured towards the group, or rather to the man who brought them to the tent, mr.Daves, who in turn nodded towards them with a serious expression.

"Follow me then." He requested, exiting the tent first.

.......................................​

The mine entrance was a large grotto, sealed behind two iron doors. There were four guards standing outside of it, when they saw you and Daves, they looked at each other, before proceeding to pull the doors. Inside was a tunnel with a few lit torches on each side of the wall, appropriately distanced from the wooden supports for the mine. The light, however, also revealed the tunnel was quick to turn, only being able to glimpse a bit of what laid beyond this initial wide tunnel.

"The light goes as far as we can safely reach." Daves explained. "Unfortunately, every other torch is probably a goner by now. That means little to no light wherever those things are hiding. Just a friendly warning. Would hate to see another group running out crying and screaming. And the sooner you folks are done, the sooner everyone else here can return to their actual work and actual pay.... I wish you all luck, because luck is all we can give... if you are taking up the task."

The man stood back a bit, shooting an occasional glance at the ground. Before the group had a chance to enter, he clenched his fist and took a step forward.

"Before you go! There's a favor I hafta ask you. Would you be willing to listen to my request?






Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony





  • Lillybane Monhoot
    Lvl 2 Kau'Azur Cult Warlock/ Level 1 Artificer



    I continued to watch dear little Lenny's performance with visible amusement, resting my chin on one of my hands while smiling. While I was hardly one to criticize another for what seemed very "practical" or not, the little lizard seemed so proud of those gun-twirling, hat-tipping, winking mannerisms, I simply had to wonder what manner of performers his parents were. Surely they couldn't be the kind that went around in fancy outfits, with grand displays of dances with flames or running across ropes upon a high ceiling, but perhaps ones who galloped about Rivayle demonstrating their shooting skills on hapless empty bottles.

    My two draconic friends decided to have a little private chat of their own, and it would be unmistakably rude of me to go and interrupt them, though I did wave when Gwyn pointed her thumb at me. I couldn't help extending a ear in their direction after that point, as being pointed to was bound to spark one's curiosity as to the contents of the conversation, though naturally I did try to disguise it a bit, pretending to glance around "admiring" the contents of the tent we were inside of. It was a disorganized sort of place, with remains, pouches, and many papers all over the place, some of which more resembling the parchment of letters and others being the more disposable kind that could be used for taking notes or making drafts.

    "Oh my oh no, forgetting any of them would be absolutely dreadful, unthinkable!" I clutched the dolls on my waist at Gwyn's suggestion. "You have nothing to worry about, however. I am fully prepared to head out to our task. And it must be said..."

    I moved closer to Gwyn and winked.

    "Your ma.... by which I presume you mean your mother... Was absolutely right saying that. Of course, a bit of assistance feels nice, but it expecting it, counting on it? A mistake indeed."

    It was then that we were called to follow that man that guided us to the tent. I nodded.

    "Coming then, in just a moment!" I turned to our employer and his bodyguards and waved at them. "May your souls escape the sands!"

    As we were starting to follow the man, I reached out to Lenny's head for a small headpat. Unfortunately, however, he did have that hat on, so I opted for an attempted light stroke of the neck.

    ..........................

    I took a peek inside the mine we were about to delve into to fight those wretches. Now, I wasn't very knowledgeable on mines or anything, but it seem like a very spacious place to work, and from what it seemed, it was only lit partway. If it had a mechanism to go up and down levels, then at least one of them was probably completely dark. Good thing I had brought some candles, but they might get in the way of the spellcasting too, unless I put my broom away. What a dilemma...

    "Oh, pray tell, what might that favor be?" It sounded like something quite important to him. It was sure to at the very least make a good impression to help him out. "Maybe we could decide after we know what worries you."

    30cdef4f9d16225be873bf8b69a8be33-jpg.1004736



    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 18 / 18
    Hit Dice: 3d8 / 3d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30ft
    Passive Perception: 11
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha/Int
    Spellsave DC: 12 / 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +4 / +7
    Past Knowledge: 2/2
    1st Level Spell Slots: 2/2
    Pact Magic: 2/2 1st Lvl Spell Slots


Spells
Cantrips: (6)
*Guidance (Artificer)
*Mending (Artificer)
*Prestidigitation (Warlock)
*Toll the Dead (Warlock)
*Chill Touch (Strixhaven Initiate)
*Druidcraft (Strixhaven Initiate)

First Level: (10)
*Cure Wounds (Artificer)
*Detect Magic (Artificer)
*Inflict Wounds (Artificer)
*Disguise Self (Artificer)
*False Life (Artificer)
*Puppet (Warlock)
*Unseen Servant (Warlock) [Ritual]
*Speak With Animals (Beast Speech)
*Silent Image (Misty Visions)
*Find Familiar (Strixhaven Initiate) [Ritual]


Items
Equipped:
Hide (10 GP)
Broom Quarterstaff (2 SP)
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Traveller's Clothes (2 GP)
Chest (5 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
41 GP
40 SP
7 CP

Carrying:
Tinker's Tools (50 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Shield (10 GP)
Dagger x2 (4 GP)
Herbalism Kit (5 GP)
Candles x10 (1 SP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
Healer's Kit (5 GP)
Bullets (20) (6 GP)
Pepperbox (15 GP)
5ft string x2 (-8 CP)
Dolls x?



Skills
Saving Throws
Strength: -1
Dexterity: +2
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +7
Wisdom: +1
Charisma: +2

Skills
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +7
Athletics: -1
Deception: +4
History: +5
Insight: +1
Intimidation: +2
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +3
Nature: +5
Perception: +1
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +5
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +2
Survival: +1


Other Features


Deathless Nature- You have escaped death, a fact represented by the following benefits:
*You have advantage on saving throws against disease and being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
*You have advantage on death saving throws.
*You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
*You don’t need to sleep, and magic can’t put you to sleep. You can finish a long rest in 4 hours if you spend those hours in an inactive, motionless state, during which you retain consciousness.


Knowledge from Past Life- You temporarily remember glimpses of the past, perhaps faded memories from ages ago or a previous life. When you make an ability check that uses a skill, you can roll a d6 immediately after seeing the number on the d20 and add the number on the d6 to the check. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Magical Tinkering- At 1st level, you've learned how to invest a spark of magic into mundane objects. To use this ability, you must have thieves' tools or artisan's tools in hand. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:

The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message that can be heard up to 10 feet away. You utter the message when you bestow this property on the object, and the recording can be no more than 6 seconds long.
The object continuously emits your choice of an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves, chirping, or the like). The chosen phenomenon is perceivable up to 10 feet away.
A static visual effect appears on one of the object's surfaces. This effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture of these elements, as you like.
The chosen property lasts indefinitely. As an action, you can touch the object and end the property early.

You can bestow magic on multiple objects, touching one object each time you use this feature, though a single object can only bear one property at a time. The maximum number of objects you can affect with this feature at one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). If you try to exceed your maximum, the oldest property immediately ends, and then the new property applies


Ritual Casting- You can cast an artificer spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.

Beast Speech- You can cast Speak with Animals at will, without expending a spell slot.

Misty Visions- You can cast Silent Image at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Sentinel Raven- Starting at 1st level, you gain the service of a spirit sent by the Raven Queen to watch over you. The spirit assumes the form and game statistics of a raven, and it always obeys your commands, which you can give telepathically while it is within 100 feet of you.

While the raven is perched on your shoulder, you gain darkvision with a range of 30 feet and a bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) score and to Wisdom (Perception) checks. The bonus equals your Charisma modifier. While perched on your shoulder, the raven can’t be targeted by any attack or other harmful effect; only you can cast spells on it; it can’t take damage; and it is incapacitated.

You can see through the raven’s eyes and hear what it hears while it is within 100 feet of you.

In combat, you roll initiative for the raven and control how it acts. If it is slain by a creature, you gain advantage on all attack rolls against the killer for the next 24 hours.

The raven doesn’t require sleep. While it is within 100 feet of you, it can awaken you from sleep as a bonus action.

The raven vanishes when it dies, if you die, or if the two of you are separated by more than 5 miles.

At the end of a short or long rest, you can call the raven back to you—no matter where it is or whether it died—and it reappears within 5 feet of you.


Strixhaven Initiate- You have studied some magical theory and have learned a few spells associated with Strixhaven University.

Choose one of Strixhaven's colleges: Lorehold, Prismari. Quandrix, Silverquill, or Witherbloom. You learn two cantrips and one 1st-level spell based on the college you choose, as specified in the Strixhaven Spells table.

You can cast the chosen 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat's spells is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).
(1/1)



Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
 

Kiwikat

The best dog gone kat in the south
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
As the posse followed behind Mr.Daves, Lenny found himself becoming increasingly anxious about his first actual run in with something really trying to kill him. It also didn't help much to think of it as his first step towards finally getting payback on icey for killing his gang. As he trailed behind Gwyn and ahead of Lilly he didn't even realize that he had his thumb knuckle in his mouth and was absentmindedly gnawing away at it. It was something he'd done since he was a baby, it usually came up when he was lying but it had its way of showing up when he was unsure of himself. He used to gnaw on the blanket he now wore as a shawl, but Blue-eyes would always give him a good smack whenever he did that, so he learned to just bite his knuckles. He didn't even realize he was doing it until he felt something as soft as the feathers on a newborn pygmy owl brushed on the spines of his neck. His scales tingled all at once, and he frantically looked over his shoulder to see Lilly with what he could've sworn was a warm smile pointed at him. He pulled his scarred thumb out of his teeth enough to give her a smile in return and realized just how far his doubt had taken him.

Lenny trusted her, like she was his own sister. At least for now these two were the closest thing to family he'd had since the white-snakes and he'd have to trust in them like they were his flesh and blood. Granted, it wasn't as hard for Lenny to make believe that Gwyn was his mom, and the way Lilly was always watching Lenny made him feel like he had a big sister (even if she gave him the creeps most days). He furrowed his brow and sharpened his mind for his usual pre-job prep.

Lenny wasn't learned much from the white-snakes as far as regular schooling went, he was only taught how to read what he needed to read and barely taught how to write much more than 10 or so letters, but what he was taught was how to count. Count bullets and cards specifically, Blue-eyes would tan Lenny's hide when they'd go out shooting and he'd forget how many bullets he had with him. Lenny could still hear Blue-eyes' voice telling him off, saying, "If you don't know how many shots you got left, you'll get a helluva lot more coming through ya' while you're firin' dry." Course, the problem was that Blue-eyes didn't actually teach him how to count his bullets, telling him, "Figure it out now or in a pool of your own blood, son. Countin' ain't like readin' an' writin' where ya can sit around the tavern and squint at liquor lables. You gotta know it like it'll save your life, cause it will son, mark my words." So Lenny did learn, but not on his own. One of the white-snakes named James "wildcard" Langsly, a gambling man, taught Lenny a little rhyme he used when counting cards. Lenny pulled out his revolvers and with each stop of the rhyme he flicked the chamber to show whether or not the next bullet was loaded.


Aunt-Bet-sy's-Gum-Bo-Pot (He switched to thumbing the chamber of the revolver in his left hand)
How-Many-Peas-Do-You-Got? (He holstered the revolvers and began to feel the bullets in his satchel, careful to organize ones that he'd already counted)
1 Pea
2 Peas
3 Peas
4
Mama don't play old-maid anymore
5 Peas
6 Peas
7 Peas
8
All the other peas Aunt Betsy ate. (He took his claws from the satchel and quickly counted on his fingers and audibly saying)
"Twelve in the pods and eight in the pot. Twenty little peas all ready to be shot"
He lifted his chin proudly and continued to walk along. No longer worried about what could be lurking in this mine. With Lilly behind him and Gwyn in front of him there was nothing that was going to stop them from sending these ghosts back where they came from. Lenny was, admittedly, a bit too occupied with mentally congratulating himself to realize that they had stopped moving and Mr.Daves was explaining something to them. By the look on Lilly's face it must've been serious, but he figured he'd let her or Gwyn handle it. The only thing Lenny did catch of the conversation was "something something...Would you be willing to listen to my request?" Lenny, knowing that when new things were added to a job it was best to ask how much should be added before agreeing, piped in behind Lilly's inquiry about the request with, "... And maybe you can also tell us what more you'd be willing to throw in for doin' it for ya". Lenny, for lack of any pole or structure to lean on, tried his best to casually lean on Gwyn's leg and tilted his hat down. "We made our deal with boss man, ain't that right Gwyn?" Lenny looked out of the corner of his eyes up at the scarlet scaled lady, and couldn't help but smile at a thought that crossed his mind. He'd have to bring it up later though, now was the time for business.
 

PixelSymphony

Tactical Operations Meido
Gwyn gave a non-verbal grunt at Nearstream's mounting desire to usher them out of the tent. Typical With a scrape of her heels, she about-faced and departed the boss's tent after their guide. She ducked low to keep the rifle on her back from snagging on the canvas tent flaps and emerged back in the midst of the awaiting work camp, workers eyes looking over her and her equipment and continuing to wonder if she and the others would be the ones to final clear out the mine. As the former forge worker peered out over the landscape, eyes squinting in the fierce midday sun, clouds seemed to mount on the horizon, their greyish lining signifying their treacherous payload should they float their way towards them. She frowned; while it was true that they would likely be inside for the majority of any period of rain or lighting that might befall them, there was no telling how well the mine's drainage way down at the bottom. And the last thing she wanted was to be fighting off a bunch of murderous gremlins in the middle of the Rivayle's biggest latrine, ESPECIALLY if all the gunpowder she was carrying started to foul up.

Before her, Mr. Daves began motioning for them to head up the path towards the mine, and she began putting one boot before the other in a series of heavy footfalls, the various weapons and equipment about her person clanking and rattling with every step. Leather strained against metal as the pair sought to contain the various items in her pack, and both of her firearms' wooden stocks creaked as gunmetal rubbed against cut and carved wood. Across her chest, a bandolier of ammunition carried the long rounds for the rifle, while on the modified gun belt she wore on her hip, the shorter cartridges for her carbine hung neatly stacked alongside each other like little metal soldiers. The carbine itself sat nestled in an long holster like an oversized handgun, its large loop extending away from the grip like the handguard for a sword. Finally, a hatchet and a wicked looking knife rounded out the small arsenal of weapons she carried, ready to be brought to bear should a more personal touch be required in her duties. All in all she was loaded for bear, which, as the small group neared the mine entrance, she hoped would be enough to deal with the situation inside. Only time would tell.

Daves description of the environs they would face inside made her curl her lips downward slightly, but she remained silent, her eyes now focused on peering down the corridors of the mine as far as she could see. "Guess I'm glad we're carrying spares then. All right Daves, keep this entrance safe and we'll be back after we're done... hopefully. Unslinging her rifle and pulling back on the bolt handle back to check her magazine, Gwyn nodded to herself satisfactorily. Good to go. The dragonness slide the bolt back closed with a shnk-clunk and turned to her companions to see if they were ready. "Get yer gumption up folks, things are bound to get dangerous from here on in. Lenny, I hope spinning that thing's not all you can do, and Lilly, I'll assume the dolls aren't just for show. Stay behind me and keep your eyes peeled for-eh?"

The normally composed Gwyn was caught off guard by Daves suddenly interrupting them as he stepped closer. "A favor? Uh, s'pose we can listen... er, right, with the wrinkle of that it's your boss we're workin' for, so keep that in mind. What's on yer mind, hombre?"
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Storm Over Rivayle
Nearstream Camp 5

50671641836_66cf190ba2_b-jpg.952805

Daves looked to his right and his left, before explaining himself.

"Thank you. I got this friend, see, who's got a real knack for that engineering stuff. Few days ago a shaft the miners built broke down, so they sent him in with some escorts. None of 'em came back out. Now, you may think I am a fool for hoping for this kinda miracle, but messing with mechanic whammer-zammers ain't the only thing he's got a knack for, he's real good at running and hiding. Let me tell ya, the two of us go way back, and when we were kids his parents stopped scolding him cause he'd vanish for days. Point is, if you can find him -dead or alive- I'll put be sure to put in a good word for you with the folks around here. Plus I heard you want to that shaft...elevator thing yourselves to make sure you clear out whatever may be crawling down there too, but you'd need someone to fix the thing first to do that, wouldn't you?"

The man swallowed some, awaiting a reaction.

"I understand you have your boots full with the boss's request already, but there's nobody else to rely on. The way I figure, he ain't the type to care if a wolf eats a sheep that ain't his, so of course he wouldn't bring it up. Don't tell him I said that though."

He then took a few steps back, and tipped his hat with an entrusting stare, pleading yet confident.

"Well, whatever the case may be, I suppose you may want to get ready. Just let me know if there's anything else you need and then we'll get you in. I wish you the best of luck."



Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony





  • Lillybane Monhoot
    Lvl 2 Kau'Azur Cult Warlock/ Level 1 Artificer



    "They most certainly aren't, miss Gwyn. These little friends of mine will surely help us down there. Oh! I had just a wonderful idea! Maybe I could make a doll of those things we're going down there to slay. After our job is concluded, of course. Though if we happen to take a break, I might begin sowing while it's all still fresh in my memory. I wonder what they look like..."

    My head bobbed a little as I let the imagination take hold and a huge smile plastered across my face, already admiring the doll-to-be, that was until the moment Dave spoke. My two friends inquired on what we might get out of it, and insisted on the reminder of who we really worked for. I suppose such a thing had to be said, though in my mind it was better said after we know if there is a conflict, and preferably only if there is some manner of rejection coming. After all, wouldn't it be bothersome to come off as hostile in response to the plea?

    But then, it was an ordinary, not altogether unexpected request. It wouldn't be strange for the first people to go inside to deal with the issues in the mine to be from the camp... and just the same for them to be just the same. If it had been as long as I suspected, however, the odds didn't seem good that they survived. If that was the case, though I wasn't particularly an expert, hopefully I could do some makeshift repairs to that elevator.... hopefully...

    "I believe your request was rather clear myself, so, I don't really have any questions on it. Sounds like the sort of thing we could do on the way regardless, so I don't have any objections either. What do you think?" I looked over at Lenny and Gwyn.

    ...

    After that matter had been discussed, I begun some additional preparations on my end. I called back my crow friend, who cawed on its way down to perch on my shoulder, rewarded with a stroke of the feathers on the back of its head. The animal seemed to like it, so Lenny probably had too. Small children were like animals in a sense weren't they, and both quite adorable.

    I next picked up my shield... but again I realized that the mine's darkness might pose an issue, so I headed over to Lenny and gestured at Gwyn to come as well.

    "I have something I need to discuss. In order to cast some of my spells, I require one of my hands to be free. I can put away my broom as needed with relative ease, but I was hoping to carry a shield for some additional protection, and this would be fine, but if the mine will cease to be lit then we'll need light, and I can't as easily put away the lit candle when the need comes to use a spell. Would either of you be willing to bear the torch instead? Or if we all need all of our hands, I do have a certain spell I could perform that would let the candle be transported by a servant, and I can lessen the strain it puts on my magic through a ritual, but the trouble is that servant is slow moving and the ritual itself can take a few minutes. Which would you prefer we go with? And should we prepare the light right now, or do so only inside the cave when we reach the edge of the lit space?"

    30cdef4f9d16225be873bf8b69a8be33-jpg.1004736



    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 18 / 18
    Hit Dice: 3d8 / 3d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30ft
    Passive Perception: 11
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha/Int
    Spellsave DC: 12 / 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +4 / +7
    Past Knowledge: 2/2
    1st Level Spell Slots: 2/2
    Pact Magic: 2/2 1st Lvl Spell Slots


Spells
Cantrips: (6)
*Guidance (Artificer)
*Mending (Artificer)
*Prestidigitation (Warlock)
*Toll the Dead (Warlock)
*Chill Touch (Strixhaven Initiate)
*Druidcraft (Strixhaven Initiate)

First Level: (10)
*Cure Wounds (Artificer)
*Detect Magic (Artificer)
*Inflict Wounds (Artificer)
*Disguise Self (Artificer)
*False Life (Artificer)
*Puppet (Warlock)
*Unseen Servant (Warlock) [Ritual]
*Speak With Animals (Beast Speech)
*Silent Image (Misty Visions)
*Find Familiar (Strixhaven Initiate) [Ritual]


Items
Equipped:
Hide (10 GP)
Broom Quarterstaff (2 SP)
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Traveller's Clothes (2 GP)
Chest (5 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
41 GP
40 SP
7 CP

Carrying:
Tinker's Tools (50 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Shield (10 GP)
Dagger x2 (4 GP)
Herbalism Kit (5 GP)
Candles x10 (1 SP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
Healer's Kit (5 GP)
Bullets (20) (6 GP)
Pepperbox (15 GP)
5ft string x2 (-8 CP)
Dolls x?



Skills
Saving Throws
Strength: -1
Dexterity: +2
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +7
Wisdom: +1
Charisma: +2

Skills
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +7
Athletics: -1
Deception: +4
History: +5
Insight: +1
Intimidation: +2
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +3
Nature: +5
Perception: +1
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +5
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +2
Survival: +1


Other Features


Deathless Nature- You have escaped death, a fact represented by the following benefits:
*You have advantage on saving throws against disease and being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
*You have advantage on death saving throws.
*You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
*You don’t need to sleep, and magic can’t put you to sleep. You can finish a long rest in 4 hours if you spend those hours in an inactive, motionless state, during which you retain consciousness.


Knowledge from Past Life- You temporarily remember glimpses of the past, perhaps faded memories from ages ago or a previous life. When you make an ability check that uses a skill, you can roll a d6 immediately after seeing the number on the d20 and add the number on the d6 to the check. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Magical Tinkering- At 1st level, you've learned how to invest a spark of magic into mundane objects. To use this ability, you must have thieves' tools or artisan's tools in hand. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:

The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message that can be heard up to 10 feet away. You utter the message when you bestow this property on the object, and the recording can be no more than 6 seconds long.
The object continuously emits your choice of an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves, chirping, or the like). The chosen phenomenon is perceivable up to 10 feet away.
A static visual effect appears on one of the object's surfaces. This effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture of these elements, as you like.
The chosen property lasts indefinitely. As an action, you can touch the object and end the property early.

You can bestow magic on multiple objects, touching one object each time you use this feature, though a single object can only bear one property at a time. The maximum number of objects you can affect with this feature at one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). If you try to exceed your maximum, the oldest property immediately ends, and then the new property applies


Ritual Casting- You can cast an artificer spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.

Beast Speech- You can cast Speak with Animals at will, without expending a spell slot.

Misty Visions- You can cast Silent Image at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Sentinel Raven- Starting at 1st level, you gain the service of a spirit sent by the Raven Queen to watch over you. The spirit assumes the form and game statistics of a raven, and it always obeys your commands, which you can give telepathically while it is within 100 feet of you.

While the raven is perched on your shoulder, you gain darkvision with a range of 30 feet and a bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) score and to Wisdom (Perception) checks. The bonus equals your Charisma modifier. While perched on your shoulder, the raven can’t be targeted by any attack or other harmful effect; only you can cast spells on it; it can’t take damage; and it is incapacitated.

You can see through the raven’s eyes and hear what it hears while it is within 100 feet of you.

In combat, you roll initiative for the raven and control how it acts. If it is slain by a creature, you gain advantage on all attack rolls against the killer for the next 24 hours.

The raven doesn’t require sleep. While it is within 100 feet of you, it can awaken you from sleep as a bonus action.

The raven vanishes when it dies, if you die, or if the two of you are separated by more than 5 miles.

At the end of a short or long rest, you can call the raven back to you—no matter where it is or whether it died—and it reappears within 5 feet of you.


Strixhaven Initiate- You have studied some magical theory and have learned a few spells associated with Strixhaven University.

Choose one of Strixhaven's colleges: Lorehold, Prismari. Quandrix, Silverquill, or Witherbloom. You learn two cantrips and one 1st-level spell based on the college you choose, as specified in the Strixhaven Spells table.

You can cast the chosen 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat's spells is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).
(1/1)



Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
 

Kiwikat

The best dog gone kat in the south
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Lenny, still leaning on Gwyn's leg, heard the man and smacked his lips when Mr.Daves finished. "I can't say that I like yer odds, pardner." Lenny shook his head. He knew all too well the dread of hoping someone was alive when they almost certainly were not. "But if we find 'em, we'll bring 'em back to you. An' if for some reason there's an ultimatatoes between savin' yer friend n' gettin our pay." Lenny stepped forward from Gwyn with an uncharacteristically somber look on his face, "...Well... Get used to it... It won't have been the first time someone chose money over another's life. And sure as the desert's hot it won't be the last." Lenny could feel the venom in his own words but he couldn't bring himself to say anything else to this man so desperate and hopeful. Lenny wondered in that moment if he was any better than Icey, willing to let people die so he could make a profit. He shook himself away from that thought with the closest thing to a smile he could muster. "I won't give ya' my spit for it. All I can do is run this train on hope an' integrimity and it looks like you've got plenty to spare." With that, Lenny tipped his hat back to Mr.Daves and turned to follow Lilly.

Lenny's stomach churned, hearing his own words bounce around in his head. He wouldn't let himself become like Iceschillendrig, but he also couldn't in good faith give someone the same false hope he had the day Blue-eyes was double crossed. If he had anyone else that day, would he have asked them to save Blue-eyes? He turned his head to look at Lilly and wondered how things might've been different if he had met these folks before Blue-eyes died. He also suddenly noticed that Lilly was saying something. He turned on his listening ears and tried to catch the rest of what she was saying.

"something something... I can't as easily put away the lit candle when the need comes to use a spell. Would either of you be willing to bear the torch instead?"


Lenny blinked and looked into the cave. It wasn't dark for him. Scary sure, but not dark. He looked back to Lilly and then realized that she was not dragonfolk and must not have been able to see in the dark. "Uhhh... Sure" Lenny finally said, "I'll hold a light for ya' Lillybane. It'll be tricky gettin the jump on anything with a big 'ol candle in my hand. But if it means you can give 'em the business easier that's fine by me." He took a candle from his satchel. "Plus it'll mean Gwyn has her hands free to shoot that big gun she's got. I can shoot this here pistol with one hand tied behind my back anyway" Lenny gestured to the revolver on his hip. "All I ask is that if I become a beacon for those varmints you keep 'em off me." Lenny smiled nervously. "Not that I suspect you wouldn't be doin' that anyway."
 

PixelSymphony

Tactical Operations Meido
"Huh. Yeah he might be handy for that mine-shaft..." Gwyn thought for a second, a half-gloved hand stroking her chin. She had to agree with Lenny, she couldn't imagine this man's odds being particularly good for surviving on his own if these wretches had torn up several teams sent in already. But if he was as good at hiding as Mr. Daves claimed, then... Ah what the hell. "All right, Daves, we'll keep an eye out for him. Best hope yer buddy's playin' the hardest game o' hide-'n-seek of his life." She knew she wouldn't be able to turn down such a request and look at herself in the morning. Better to just give it a whirl and see what happened. "But don't go hangin' your hat on it, all right?" she grumbled, "We don't know hell from a hole in the wall in terms of what's down there. 's far 's your boss's sayin', we're gonna be lucky to get out with own skin. Henway, enough dilly dallyin', we've got a job to do so ya'll can do yours."

She motioned with a arm for the other two to start heading into the mine, and with a tip of her hat, she made her way in as well. Further down along the way, they stopped as Lilly raised a good point. "Hrmrm... well, hang on, Lenny I dunno if it's gonna be a great idea callin' so much attention to yourself with that thing. Ain't gonna do us a whit of good if we get three steps in and you get eaten by a pack of wolverines. Why don't ya let me hold onto it, and if worse comes to worse, I'll just chuck it down the hall at any yahoos that come calling? At least then we'll be able to see them while we figure out how to react, and I like that a lot better than havin' our lookout gettin' spotted a mile away. 'sides I 'spect Miss Lilly here I gonna be hanging onto my coattails fer most of this trip, so we'd both get the light we need while you can go scamperin' off into whatever hidey-hole ya need to set up an ambush. Sound good?"
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Storm Over Rivayle
Into the Mine

50671641836_66cf190ba2_b-jpg.952805

Daves listened to their response and bit his lip, briefly glancing over to the cave. Then, he looked at the three and nodded, tipping his hat once more.

"I understand. There's naught but a blind horse's chance in the desert. But even so, I'm grateful you'll try to look for him. Even if you find nothing but is corpse... Though that... well..."

He couldn't quite bring himself to finish the sentence. The guards around the entrance were also beginning to tap their feet and gesture with their heads towards the entrance. Without a word, Daves could readily tell he didn't want to deal with their impatience.

"Well, I suppose it's high time I stop robbing yours. I wish you three luck in there. For all of our sakes. Go on, go on:"

...................................................​

The tunnel was only around a 10 feet wide an opening, and even that narrowed while they passed the gap on right end of the wall, but then returned to the previous size. The rotten scent of dried blood was already invading everyone's nostrils even though they'd barely made their way inside. It was only a few steps further in that they heard the sound of a deep creaking behind them, as the guards were shutting the metal gates behind them. The gates were sturdy, and while noisy not particularly hard to close for one with an adequate degree of strength, so before they could do anything, the group saw the last bit of sunlight in the cave gradually narrowing down until it was totally gone.







  • Lillybane Monhoot
    Lvl 2 Kau'Azur Cult Warlock/ Level 1 Artificer



    My smile was well and firm as the little Kobold offered to carry the candle in mine and my spell's stead. His reasoning wasn't bad either, in fact he seemed quite enthusiastic about the fact that he could shoot as needed with only one hand. If that was true then indeed there should be no problem leaving it to him, none except the thing that concerned him about the light painting a whole target on his scaly little back.

    "I will do what I can. No particular spells for diverting the attention of monsters come to mind, but we should surely be able to figure something or another when the time comes. Even if that something is just killing them dead sooner than they can get to you, Lenny. It is quite thoughtful of you to volunteer like this."

    Gwyn, however, had her objections. In her view, it seemed, this was just too much of a risk to let Lenny carry it, and besides we might need it while he could go explore or scout on his own. Lenny himself had complained about the danger as well. I figured in that case we could just pass the candle between us when the necessity arised for a different one to have it, but I suppose that could take time to do as well, so it would be difficult if we we suddenly encountered one of those creatures and it decided we'd make a mighty fine lunch. If it was that dangerous, we did still have the option of my spell. Like before, there time seemed to be of the essence here, perhaps because now we had a potential survivor to potentially rescue. A moment's delay could be fatal. Who knew what would have happened to me if the cult was just a bit more late than they were in my rescue? So in the end, even with the risks, one of us would carry it, and it would most likely be Gwyn. I suppose I could not help being at least a little bit disappointed, but it was nothing that I couldn’t handle with a little pout.

    “Very well then, you make some valid points. However, will it not get in your way, miss Gwyn? Lenny says he can carry it and shoot on the side with the hand left free, but what you are carrying seems a tad… unwieldy to do the same.”

    My ears perked up a little as the sound of the doors closing behind us began, as if announcing we were out of time for this conversation. I quickly gave up the immediate thought of shouting at them to stop, and instead grabbed a doll and a needle, simply in case there would be a need to make some light. I could weave a few patterns to make a smaller glow on a little trinket, it was much smaller and less useful lighting than the regular flame though.

    “For them to close the doors this soon, truly how afraid are they of whatever is in here?” I commented. “Well, I suppose we have little choice but to keep going in any case.”

    30cdef4f9d16225be873bf8b69a8be33-jpg.1004736



    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 18 / 18
    Hit Dice: 3d8 / 3d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30ft
    Passive Perception: 11
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha/Int
    Spellsave DC: 12 / 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +4 / +7
    Past Knowledge: 2/2
    1st Level Spell Slots: 2/2
    Pact Magic: 2/2 1st Lvl Spell Slots


Spells
Cantrips: (6)
*Guidance (Artificer)
*Mending (Artificer)
*Prestidigitation (Warlock)
*Toll the Dead (Warlock)
*Chill Touch (Strixhaven Initiate)
*Druidcraft (Strixhaven Initiate)

First Level: (10)
*Cure Wounds (Artificer)
*Detect Magic (Artificer)
*Inflict Wounds (Artificer)
*Disguise Self (Artificer)
*False Life (Artificer)
*Puppet (Warlock)
*Unseen Servant (Warlock) [Ritual]
*Speak With Animals (Beast Speech)
*Silent Image (Misty Visions)
*Find Familiar (Strixhaven Initiate) [Ritual]


Items
Equipped:
Hide (10 GP)
Broom Quarterstaff (2 SP)
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Traveller's Clothes (2 GP)
Chest (5 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
41 GP
40 SP
7 CP

Carrying:
Tinker's Tools (50 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Shield (10 GP)
Dagger x2 (4 GP)
Herbalism Kit (5 GP)
Candles x10 (1 SP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
Healer's Kit (5 GP)
Bullets (20) (6 GP)
Pepperbox (15 GP)
5ft string x2 (-8 CP)
Dolls x?



Skills
Saving Throws
Strength: -1
Dexterity: +2
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +7
Wisdom: +1
Charisma: +2

Skills
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +7
Athletics: -1
Deception: +4
History: +5
Insight: +1
Intimidation: +2
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +3
Nature: +5
Perception: +1
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +5
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +2
Survival: +1


Other Features


Deathless Nature- You have escaped death, a fact represented by the following benefits:
*You have advantage on saving throws against disease and being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
*You have advantage on death saving throws.
*You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
*You don’t need to sleep, and magic can’t put you to sleep. You can finish a long rest in 4 hours if you spend those hours in an inactive, motionless state, during which you retain consciousness.


Knowledge from Past Life- You temporarily remember glimpses of the past, perhaps faded memories from ages ago or a previous life. When you make an ability check that uses a skill, you can roll a d6 immediately after seeing the number on the d20 and add the number on the d6 to the check. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Magical Tinkering- At 1st level, you've learned how to invest a spark of magic into mundane objects. To use this ability, you must have thieves' tools or artisan's tools in hand. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:

The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message that can be heard up to 10 feet away. You utter the message when you bestow this property on the object, and the recording can be no more than 6 seconds long.
The object continuously emits your choice of an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves, chirping, or the like). The chosen phenomenon is perceivable up to 10 feet away.
A static visual effect appears on one of the object's surfaces. This effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture of these elements, as you like.
The chosen property lasts indefinitely. As an action, you can touch the object and end the property early.

You can bestow magic on multiple objects, touching one object each time you use this feature, though a single object can only bear one property at a time. The maximum number of objects you can affect with this feature at one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). If you try to exceed your maximum, the oldest property immediately ends, and then the new property applies


Ritual Casting- You can cast an artificer spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.

Beast Speech- You can cast Speak with Animals at will, without expending a spell slot.

Misty Visions- You can cast Silent Image at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Sentinel Raven- Starting at 1st level, you gain the service of a spirit sent by the Raven Queen to watch over you. The spirit assumes the form and game statistics of a raven, and it always obeys your commands, which you can give telepathically while it is within 100 feet of you.

While the raven is perched on your shoulder, you gain darkvision with a range of 30 feet and a bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) score and to Wisdom (Perception) checks. The bonus equals your Charisma modifier. While perched on your shoulder, the raven can’t be targeted by any attack or other harmful effect; only you can cast spells on it; it can’t take damage; and it is incapacitated.

You can see through the raven’s eyes and hear what it hears while it is within 100 feet of you.

In combat, you roll initiative for the raven and control how it acts. If it is slain by a creature, you gain advantage on all attack rolls against the killer for the next 24 hours.

The raven doesn’t require sleep. While it is within 100 feet of you, it can awaken you from sleep as a bonus action.

The raven vanishes when it dies, if you die, or if the two of you are separated by more than 5 miles.

At the end of a short or long rest, you can call the raven back to you—no matter where it is or whether it died—and it reappears within 5 feet of you.


Strixhaven Initiate- You have studied some magical theory and have learned a few spells associated with Strixhaven University.

Choose one of Strixhaven's colleges: Lorehold, Prismari. Quandrix, Silverquill, or Witherbloom. You learn two cantrips and one 1st-level spell based on the college you choose, as specified in the Strixhaven Spells table.

You can cast the chosen 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat's spells is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).
(1/1)





Storm Over Rivayle
Into the Mines

50671641836_66cf190ba2_b-jpg.952805

Your party reached the next turning point, with only the noise of loose rock under their footsteps, until Gwyn felt something hard with a soft, hairy surface under her. A look downwards revealed a face mauled across, with dark shades of rot around the wounds despite the relatively fresh look of the body, and the pool of recently dried blood around it. Near the broken, open palm of the dead woman was the unlit stick of a torch, simply laying on the ground with its flame put out by the fall. Perhaps the sight distracted you, as when you looked to your path there was a figure standing in the middle of it, not far in front of you (around 15 feet away from your front row).

An immediate feeling permeated through all of your bodies, at first like a wave that engulfed you and then seeming to creep out from your very core. It shook you, it was twisted, a feeling that what you were looking at was plain and simple wrong. It had a vaguely humanoid shape, though it was hard to see with any clarity. The dark and ashen-colored mist that continually erupted from and completely surrounded that somewhat humanoid-looking shape like a blaze previously seemed to blend into the darkness of the mine, until the light of the candle, should one have been lit by now, illuminated the place where the creature was stepping into (if floating while barely moving its legs could be called "taking a step"). A wind appeared blow and swirl around the creature, kicking up dust that made trails around the mist.

Sure, you knew what that creature was, but you didn't know what it was. But you had to fight simply to keep looking at it, as your very being rejected the twisted, unnatural sight.


class_500340_base.png
Wretch

Ac: 11
Each non-undead creature within 60 feet of the Wretch must succeed on a DC 12 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened for 1 minute when they first see it. A frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the frightened condition on itself on a success. If a target's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to this wretch's Disturbing Presence for the next 24 hours, and has advantage on saving throws against other Disturbing Presence features.

Everyone, please make two wisdom saving throws, as you just saw two wretches. If you succeed the first saving throw you have advantage on the second. If you fail either saving throw, you are Frightened (disadvantage on attacks and can't move towards the wretches).

After making your saving throws, please roll initiative with the following format:
**(Character Name) Initiative**
[roll command]



Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
 

Kiwikat

The best dog gone kat in the south
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Lenny looked up at Gwyn and nodded. "Alrighty then, here's the candle, and I'll watch yer back while Lilly watches mine." He said, suddenly more confident about what awaited him in the mines. He took a deep, quiet breath as the doors swished closed. He glanced at Lilly as she spoke and tried to remind himself of the comfort he felt from the sight of her mere moments ago. He found himself bringing his knuckles to his teeth, but trying very hard not to start gnawing at them or he wouldn't stop. He needed his wits about him if he planned on being of much help, he tried to distract himself with conversation in a kind of hushed tone.

"So Gwyn, as I was saying in the tent..." Lenny began, "You are just about the only other dragon folk I ever saw, an' the other one never actually told me what to do when I do a spit shake with someone who isn't a dragonfolk. I'm not sure exactly if you're familiar with the importance of the gesture but what do you suppose I should do if my spit accidentally melts a man's hand clean off." Lenny said with a bit of a smirk. "Cause I reckon any kind of deal would be off if someone shook yer hand while it was flamin' like the desert sun." Lenny said, a little bit calmer now. "And speakin of which. I bet the two of us could easily go around convincin folks that you're my momma." Lenny smiled, "For purely tactimacle reasons of course. I've been stopped at the door of so many saloons and general stores because I ain't got an adult with me. One time I tried to hold an old man at gunpoint an' have 'em pretend to be my papa, but the lady at the candy store wouldn't buy it on account of him 'being an old human man' and 'insistimating that he didn't know who I was'." Lenny rolled his eyes as he remembered the story. "We can even tell people that Lilly is my long lost sister...'s cousin...twice removed." Lenny counted on his fingers as he tried very hard to make that family tree make sense in his head. "I'm just saying, think of all the place we could get into if people saw that I had a momma." Lenny's eyes sparkled at the prospects of being allowed to walk around freely in candy stores and milk bars. "But we can worry about that after we are done here. We got a job to do now." Lenny nodded.

Lenny grew suddenly very silent as they made it to the turning point. The scales on Lenny's back suddenly itched at squirmed like they were trying to leap off his back and leave him here to deal with the ghosts himself. Lenny cussed silently at the scales on his back, but could barely make a sound louder than a weak hiss as his eyes wandered around the cave. As he looked down he tensed up, seeing the corpses of others who had made this same trek, he quickly turned to look somewhere else, and saw the ghost and was damn near staring it in the mouth.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Lenny screeched. He could not form any more coherent thought or sound, though he tried desperately. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!! AAAH! AAAAHHHHH! AAAHHHHHHHHH" He repeated, He shakily reached for his gun but fumbled and tripped backwards, barely missing Lilly as he did. He scuffled backwards a few more feet and forced himself onto his feet. "KILL IT! KILL IT!" He finally brought himself to say.
 

PixelSymphony

Tactical Operations Meido
"Like I said, I got options, little missy," Gwyn said to Lilly as she shifted the rifle to her left hand and drew the cut down carbine in her right to hold aloft. "Mama didn't raise no idiot when it comes to workin' with iron: it's important to always have the right tool for the job at hand. So don't ya worry yer little head about me havin' to deal with a little ol' flame like this, ya hear?"

She holstered the carbine back in its large leather holster and tipped an imaginary hat as she took the candle from Lenny and pocket it for the moment. "Same goes to you, sixgun, though do be a right gentleman an' watch Lilly's back too, y'hear?" She tilted the rifle back on one shoulder as they began the descent into the mine proper, her nose wrinkling as the metallic smell of blood wafted past. Quiet, rhythmic footsteps were the party's only accompaniment as they tread slowly onward, downward, turning a bend in the tunnel and watching as the light from the torches above seemed to dance and wave to their own eerie beat.

"Eh?" She first responded to Lenny's remark about her passing for his mother. "Uh, well, I... well I mean I guess that'd work, though I do worry if it's a bit more boot than my stirrups can handle. Still," she sighed with a shrug, "if it'll get ya past the door so you 'kin get yer shots, it's something. Jes' don't go 'xpecting me to go tuckin' ya in at night, all right? I ain't no nanny, and the only bed time stories I know'f usually end in explos-ack!" Mere feet beyond the turn, her concentration entirely focused on making sure Lenny didn't suddenly decide to take the family name while he was at it, she stumbled on something underfoot. She caterwauled slightly as several awkward steps later she caught herself, and midly confused, turned to look back at what she'd hit.

The sight of a eviscerated corpse staring back at her forced her to hold down a retch. This dead body was far more disfigured than she was comfortable with, the blood still liquid in the dark crimsons pools about it even as it seemed to decompose before her very eyes. And as she looked at the woman further, something about the fact that mere days before this body had been just another townsperson trying to earn a living discomfited her, as if but for the grace of the forge there went she. Gwyn found her eyes creeping towards the dropped torch of the woman, compulsed to seek a greater source of the comforting flame than the candle she'd been given should any further traversal occur.

Suddenly a twinge ran up her spine and she froze in place, her outstretch hand still miles away from the torch. Slowly, shakily, her head turned to look down the hallway where she knew something was approaching. And sure enough, something approached, its wretched form and ghastly visage lending credence to the name the miners had given it. Instantaneously fear struck the normally brazen dragonfolk, and her hand began to shake as she fought to bring it to bear towards the wretch. "W-w-w-whhHAAAT IS THAT?!?" She spouted, the words almost seeming to refuse to leave her lips. "TH-THAT AIN'T NO L-LATRINE G-G-GHOST!"
 
Last edited:

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Storm Over Rivayle
Into the Mine 2

50671641836_66cf190ba2_b-jpg.952805

The beast responded to the terrified screams from the party with its own sickening sound, something like a mix of moaning and growling. At moments the creature seemed to simply remain in place, nothing moving but the trails of dark mist it was seemingly composed of, but then it advanced in quick bursts as if it was waiting for the moment you blinked. In one those, it burst forward with the smoke following behind like a cape, and reached Gwyn's proximity. While it was hard to tell any of its shape in any concrete terms, the sharpness of the creature's fingers was unmistakable as anything other than clouds of the same disturbing substance the rest of the wretch was made of, and those claws were coming for Gwyn's chest.

Fortunately, between her reflexes and shoving the rifle in front of her for some momentary protection, she was unharmed, but the monster stayed before her.





Wretch moved towards Gwyn and attacked. Missed.







  • Lillybane Monhoot
    Lvl 2 Kau'Azur Cult Warlock/ Level 1 Artificer



    There was something saddening about the way Lenny talked about "having a momma". It wasn't that he was trying to exploit most people's lack of familiarity with the dragonfolk to pretend to be a family and get into places, such an utilitarian view of family. That wasn't... pleasant exactly, but I would bear with it. The saddening part was that "if" part. Even if he hadn't said directly, one could tell he never had a "momma". Not, it seemed, as far as they were concerned or aware of. I shook my head and kept my silence though. Gwyn probably knew how to handle these things better than me. I couldn't even help with the family I did have, let alone someone else finding one they didn't.

    Still, what an awful thing! People in such wretched conditions! After we were done with the Titan, I would definitely take whatever money he had in those damn coffers of his, and make a huge orphanage! Yeah! I could hire... no, I would PERSONALLY interview the to-be caretakers, to be sure they would be the best to be the "mommas" and "papas" of whatever children needed them, and I would go around the neighborhood to find them and-

    The screaming began. I felt my head aching, my stomach turning, but the cult had prepared me for worse. Had made me experience worse. So that I could grow into who I could be.

    I squinted my eyes, trying to get any hint as to the creature's nature, albeit the more I tried looking at it, the less my body instinctively wanted to. I pulled up my shield, but left a hand for my magic.

    "So, this is what a wretch is. Worry not! Airtasam. Iaena. Khatir!" Shadows gathered around my hand, forming a wrapping of purple bandages. The spectral form of a rotting hand covered in bandages materialized behind the wretch, wrapping around its fellow ghost and stabbing it with overgrown fingernails, mimicking the gesture I myself was making with my hand. I felt a sting in the necromantic feedback of the spell, the kind that only happened when the spell was cursing into the mana of an undead creature. However, despite clearly bothering the wretch, it had barely hurt its body. "It would appear "ghost" is more accurate than we might have thought. Whatever that thing is, it's undead. And it might be more resilient than I expected to my magic, though I am unsure of why."

    30cdef4f9d16225be873bf8b69a8be33-jpg.1004736



    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 18 / 18
    Hit Dice: 3d8 / 3d8
    Armor Class: 16
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30ft
    Passive Perception: 11
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha/Int
    Spellsave DC: 12 / 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +4 / +7
    Past Knowledge: 2/2
    1st Level Spell Slots: 2/2
    Pact Magic: 2/2 1st Lvl Spell Slots


Spells
Cantrips: (6)
*Guidance (Artificer)
*Mending (Artificer)
*Prestidigitation (Warlock)
*Toll the Dead (Warlock)
*Chill Touch (Strixhaven Initiate)
*Druidcraft (Strixhaven Initiate)

First Level: (10)
*Cure Wounds (Artificer)
*Detect Magic (Artificer)
*Inflict Wounds (Artificer)
*Disguise Self (Artificer)
*False Life (Artificer)
*Puppet (Warlock)
*Unseen Servant (Warlock) [Ritual]
*Speak With Animals (Beast Speech)
*Silent Image (Misty Visions)
*Find Familiar (Strixhaven Initiate) [Ritual]


Items
Equipped:
Hide (10 GP)
Broom Quarterstaff (2 SP)
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Traveller's Clothes (2 GP)
Chest (5 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
41 GP
40 SP
7 CP

Carrying:
Tinker's Tools (50 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Shield (10 GP)
Dagger x2 (4 GP)
Herbalism Kit (5 GP)
Candles x10 (1 SP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
Healer's Kit (5 GP)
Bullets (20) (6 GP)
Pepperbox (15 GP)
5ft string x2 (-8 CP)
Dolls x?



Skills
Saving Throws
Strength: -1
Dexterity: +2
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +7
Wisdom: +1
Charisma: +2

Skills
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +7
Athletics: -1
Deception: +4
History: +5
Insight: +1
Intimidation: +2
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +3
Nature: +5
Perception: +1
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +5
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +2
Survival: +1


Other Features


Deathless Nature- You have escaped death, a fact represented by the following benefits:
*You have advantage on saving throws against disease and being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
*You have advantage on death saving throws.
*You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
*You don’t need to sleep, and magic can’t put you to sleep. You can finish a long rest in 4 hours if you spend those hours in an inactive, motionless state, during which you retain consciousness.


Knowledge from Past Life- You temporarily remember glimpses of the past, perhaps faded memories from ages ago or a previous life. When you make an ability check that uses a skill, you can roll a d6 immediately after seeing the number on the d20 and add the number on the d6 to the check. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Magical Tinkering- At 1st level, you've learned how to invest a spark of magic into mundane objects. To use this ability, you must have thieves' tools or artisan's tools in hand. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:

The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message that can be heard up to 10 feet away. You utter the message when you bestow this property on the object, and the recording can be no more than 6 seconds long.
The object continuously emits your choice of an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves, chirping, or the like). The chosen phenomenon is perceivable up to 10 feet away.
A static visual effect appears on one of the object's surfaces. This effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture of these elements, as you like.
The chosen property lasts indefinitely. As an action, you can touch the object and end the property early.

You can bestow magic on multiple objects, touching one object each time you use this feature, though a single object can only bear one property at a time. The maximum number of objects you can affect with this feature at one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). If you try to exceed your maximum, the oldest property immediately ends, and then the new property applies


Ritual Casting- You can cast an artificer spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.

Beast Speech- You can cast Speak with Animals at will, without expending a spell slot.

Misty Visions- You can cast Silent Image at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Sentinel Raven- Starting at 1st level, you gain the service of a spirit sent by the Raven Queen to watch over you. The spirit assumes the form and game statistics of a raven, and it always obeys your commands, which you can give telepathically while it is within 100 feet of you.

While the raven is perched on your shoulder, you gain darkvision with a range of 30 feet and a bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) score and to Wisdom (Perception) checks. The bonus equals your Charisma modifier. While perched on your shoulder, the raven can’t be targeted by any attack or other harmful effect; only you can cast spells on it; it can’t take damage; and it is incapacitated.

You can see through the raven’s eyes and hear what it hears while it is within 100 feet of you.

In combat, you roll initiative for the raven and control how it acts. If it is slain by a creature, you gain advantage on all attack rolls against the killer for the next 24 hours.

The raven doesn’t require sleep. While it is within 100 feet of you, it can awaken you from sleep as a bonus action.

The raven vanishes when it dies, if you die, or if the two of you are separated by more than 5 miles.

At the end of a short or long rest, you can call the raven back to you—no matter where it is or whether it died—and it reappears within 5 feet of you.


Strixhaven Initiate- You have studied some magical theory and have learned a few spells associated with Strixhaven University.

Choose one of Strixhaven's colleges: Lorehold, Prismari. Quandrix, Silverquill, or Witherbloom. You learn two cantrips and one 1st-level spell based on the college you choose, as specified in the Strixhaven Spells table.

You can cast the chosen 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat's spells is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).
(1/1)



Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony


Combat Tracker
CharacterRemaining HPACSpell SlotsAmmoConditions]
Wretch??11N/AN/AN/A
Lillybane18162 (1st lvl) | 2 PactN/AN/A
Grenwyn3116N/A50 Level | 50 CartridgeFrightened
Leonard1813N/A20 BulletsFrightened
 

PixelSymphony

Tactical Operations Meido
Gwyn let out a very unintimidating "gwweeaauhh!" as the creature suddenly closed, spectral claws held forth in search of her flesh. Before she could even think the wretch swiped down at her, and reflexively she held her rifle out to stave off the blow, nails biting against hardwood and steel before sliding off from momentum. In a brief moment of clarity she shouted "Ya don't say!" in response to young girl's analysis of the creature attacking them. "Well whatever the hell it is, it's claws are plenty real, so stay back!" Then, twisting the rifle around to point towards the wretch even as she fought her own nerves she yanked the trigger of the rifle, sending the hammer flying forwards and straight into the primer on the chambered cartridge. Milliseconds later enclosed gunpowder ignited and exploded, filled the cavern with a thunderous BOOM as the rifle round shot out and screamed through the air towards its target.

As this happened, the dragonfolk girl tried to calm her own nerves from the absolutely frightening visage she saw before her. "Breathe, girl, breathe! You ain't gonna be able to bring Icey down to his knees if you go dropping your lunch over every piddly little ghost that crosses your path, you gotta cowboy up and hold the line![/i] She clapped a hand aside her head, trying to stimulate her recovery with percussive maintenance even as her vision alternatively blurred and refocused. Fer the love of the forge, you're a dragonborn, you breathe fire, so ACT LIKE IT!

She tried to regain her composure, sucking in great breathes at a still far too rapid pace, and pointed with her non-dominant hand towards the side of the wretch. "Lenny! Try ta git on it's flank! I'll keep it's attention on me!"
 

Kiwikat

The best dog gone kat in the south
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Lenny could barely hear or comprehend what was going on around him over his own panicked screeches. "aaaaaAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhHHAAAAHAHHh!" He continued in vain attempt to try to convey anything. The thing was horrible to look at, but Lenny couldn't get its warped face out of his eyes even when he shut them as tight as he could. It made his stomach churn and his scales all but scream off of his body. With his eyes still shut he aimed his gun instinctively and fired, wincing as he heard the bullet crack against the cave walls.

"WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT SHOOTIN' WITH YER EYES CLOSED, BOY??" Lenny's horror grew as Blue-eyes' voice seemingly croaked from the ghost's gaping maw. Lenny's mind ran away from him as before his eyes his companions seemingly disappeared and the wretch contorted into the walking corpse of Blue-eyes. Lenny knew deep down that this was all in his head. He tried as hard as he could to shake the image out of his head by reminding himself loudly that his possy needed him now. This was interrupted by the ghost of Blue-eyes once again in that horrible tinny croak, "YOU'RE GONNA DIE HERE RED-EYES. YOU AIN'T GOT NO POSSY, YOU LET THEM DIE AT THE HANDS OF THAT TITAN WHILE YOU SAT AND CRIED, JUST LIKE NOW." Lenny's vision got blurry and he sniffled, raising the other revolver out of its holster. He used all of the strength he could muster to take a step forward, just one small step, but he couldn't even manage that. The visage of Blue-eyes choked on its wicked laughter and said, "YOU'RE WASTIN' YOUR PEAS BOY. CAN'T EVEN SHOOT STRAIGHT IF YOU'VE GOT TEARS IN YOUR EYES. I SHOULDA LEFT YOU IN THAT DESERT FOR THE BUZZARDS." Lenny had a clear shot until that last part, where he choked on his tears and shut his eyes again as he fired, finally letting out an audible "I'M SORRY SIR!" As he fired and once again heard the crack of bullets against stone. Lenny stared at the ground as the laughing image of Blue-eyes faded and his possy returned to view. Gwyn looked like she had just given Lenny an order but he couldn't bring himself to move another step forward. He could barely bring himself to turn his head to look at Lilly who also looked like she had said something that would have been important to know. Without knowing what else to do he looked at his fingers and weakly said:


2 peas shot
10 in the pot
18 peas Aunt Betsy's got
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Storm Over Rivayle
Into the Mine 3

50671641836_66cf190ba2_b-jpg.952805

The wretch appeared unbothered by the sound of the tunnel's shaking, though that might be because it was screeching its would-be-lungs out regardless, enraged by Gwyn's shot that went through its body. The creature's mere presence in front of her was enough to cause a sensation of fright and nausea, an innate compulsion to turn away from it and look upon it no further, be near it no further. The barrel blocking out the claws felt as though it was pressing against a pool of water, something not quite physical but still resisting attempts to go through it, only nudges passing by the surface of the smoke and sand that composed the wretch's body. It there was any fortune it was that breathing in that smoke didn't seem to be harmful, aside from a repulsing stench when breathed in too close.

It didn't even acknowledge Lenny's shots, instead roaring at Gwyn before swiping at her with one hand, and following this with an immediate strike with its other hand aimed at the dragonfolk's stomach. Fortunately, however, the claws didn't reach, whether dodged or blocked.





Wretch attacked Gwyn and missed.







  • Lillybane Monhoot
    Lvl 2 Kau'Azur Cult Warlock/ Level 1 Artificer



    The loud BANG and RRRUMBLE of Gwyn's shot had me covering my ears. The shaking and bits of dust and pebbles dropping from the ceiling had me covering my head with my hands pressing over my hat. Hopefully our employer had not cheapened out on making this place structurally sound else fighting we might be in a tad bit of trouble, as the shots might keep going through the other wretches as well. Speaking of which, that whole affair had been rather loud, it would hardly be strange for another wretch to come, wouldn't it?

    I immediately turned my head to the darkness ahead, feeling a grain of dust force an eye shut. I tried rubbing it, but the dust wasn't coming off and I was pressed for time anyways. All I could make out was that the path ahead was really really dark and rocky.

    The wretch seemed to roar in fury as it made it's next unsuccessful attack against Gwyn. I could see why she was panicking. There was an uneasy feeling inside of me as I looked on, and the corpse on the floor next to us was a reminder of how we would end up like if the wretch had its way. Gwyn was struggling and holding it at bay, and Lenny was already crying.

    "I wonder what manner of undead it is. Will there be a chance to look through its corpse? Will it disappear with trace if we defeat it? Allowing it to roam free would be despicable, however. I suppose a mine such as this is beneath the notice of those who could be rid of them, after all, so I shall have to refrain this desire and interest of mine." I declared. I raised a finger, pointing it towards the creature. "Yabdu Naesh!"

    The sound of a bell echoed inside the cave. Necromantic energy seemed to briefly float around the creature's body, but in a moment it was dispersed, as if there never were there to begin with.

    30cdef4f9d16225be873bf8b69a8be33-jpg.1004736



    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 18 / 18
    Hit Dice: 3d8 / 3d8
    Armor Class: 16
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30ft
    Passive Perception: 11
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha/Int
    Spellsave DC: 12 / 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +4 / +7
    Past Knowledge: 2/2
    1st Level Spell Slots: 2/2
    Pact Magic: 2/2 1st Lvl Spell Slots


Spells
Cantrips: (6)
*Guidance (Artificer)
*Mending (Artificer)
*Prestidigitation (Warlock)
*Toll the Dead (Warlock)
*Chill Touch (Strixhaven Initiate)
*Druidcraft (Strixhaven Initiate)

First Level: (10)
*Cure Wounds (Artificer)
*Detect Magic (Artificer)
*Inflict Wounds (Artificer)
*Disguise Self (Artificer)
*False Life (Artificer)
*Puppet (Warlock)
*Unseen Servant (Warlock) [Ritual]
*Speak With Animals (Beast Speech)
*Silent Image (Misty Visions)
*Find Familiar (Strixhaven Initiate) [Ritual]


Items
Equipped:
Hide (10 GP)
Broom Quarterstaff (2 SP)
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Traveller's Clothes (2 GP)
Chest (5 GP)

Currency:
0 PP
41 GP
40 SP
7 CP

Carrying:
Tinker's Tools (50 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Shield (10 GP)
Dagger x2 (4 GP)
Herbalism Kit (5 GP)
Candles x10 (1 SP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
Healer's Kit (5 GP)
Bullets (20) (6 GP)
Pepperbox (15 GP)
5ft string x2 (-8 CP)
Dolls x?



Skills
Saving Throws
Strength: -1
Dexterity: +2
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +7
Wisdom: +1
Charisma: +2

Skills
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +7
Athletics: -1
Deception: +4
History: +5
Insight: +1
Intimidation: +2
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +3
Nature: +5
Perception: +1
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +5
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +2
Survival: +1


Other Features


Deathless Nature- You have escaped death, a fact represented by the following benefits:
*You have advantage on saving throws against disease and being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
*You have advantage on death saving throws.
*You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
*You don’t need to sleep, and magic can’t put you to sleep. You can finish a long rest in 4 hours if you spend those hours in an inactive, motionless state, during which you retain consciousness.


Knowledge from Past Life- You temporarily remember glimpses of the past, perhaps faded memories from ages ago or a previous life. When you make an ability check that uses a skill, you can roll a d6 immediately after seeing the number on the d20 and add the number on the d6 to the check. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Magical Tinkering- At 1st level, you've learned how to invest a spark of magic into mundane objects. To use this ability, you must have thieves' tools or artisan's tools in hand. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:

The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message that can be heard up to 10 feet away. You utter the message when you bestow this property on the object, and the recording can be no more than 6 seconds long.
The object continuously emits your choice of an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves, chirping, or the like). The chosen phenomenon is perceivable up to 10 feet away.
A static visual effect appears on one of the object's surfaces. This effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture of these elements, as you like.
The chosen property lasts indefinitely. As an action, you can touch the object and end the property early.

You can bestow magic on multiple objects, touching one object each time you use this feature, though a single object can only bear one property at a time. The maximum number of objects you can affect with this feature at one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). If you try to exceed your maximum, the oldest property immediately ends, and then the new property applies


Ritual Casting- You can cast an artificer spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared.

Beast Speech- You can cast Speak with Animals at will, without expending a spell slot.

Misty Visions- You can cast Silent Image at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Sentinel Raven- Starting at 1st level, you gain the service of a spirit sent by the Raven Queen to watch over you. The spirit assumes the form and game statistics of a raven, and it always obeys your commands, which you can give telepathically while it is within 100 feet of you.

While the raven is perched on your shoulder, you gain darkvision with a range of 30 feet and a bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) score and to Wisdom (Perception) checks. The bonus equals your Charisma modifier. While perched on your shoulder, the raven can’t be targeted by any attack or other harmful effect; only you can cast spells on it; it can’t take damage; and it is incapacitated.

You can see through the raven’s eyes and hear what it hears while it is within 100 feet of you.

In combat, you roll initiative for the raven and control how it acts. If it is slain by a creature, you gain advantage on all attack rolls against the killer for the next 24 hours.

The raven doesn’t require sleep. While it is within 100 feet of you, it can awaken you from sleep as a bonus action.

The raven vanishes when it dies, if you die, or if the two of you are separated by more than 5 miles.

At the end of a short or long rest, you can call the raven back to you—no matter where it is or whether it died—and it reappears within 5 feet of you.


Strixhaven Initiate- You have studied some magical theory and have learned a few spells associated with Strixhaven University.

Choose one of Strixhaven's colleges: Lorehold, Prismari. Quandrix, Silverquill, or Witherbloom. You learn two cantrips and one 1st-level spell based on the college you choose, as specified in the Strixhaven Spells table.

You can cast the chosen 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat's spells is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).
(1/1)



Kiwikat Kiwikat PixelSymphony PixelSymphony


Combat Tracker
CharacterRemaining HPACSpell SlotsAmmoConditions]
Wretch21/2311N/AN/AN/A
Lillybane18162 (1st lvl) | 2 PactN/AN/A
Grenwyn3116N/A50 Level | 49 CartridgeFrightened
Leonard1813N/A18 BulletsFrightened
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top