• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Storm Over Rivayle (D&D 5e Campaign) (Currently Full)

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
yz0swdaglbq51.png

Rivayle, land of bullets and sand. It is a dog eat dog world, and at the top of it stand the three demigods known as the titans: Through the terror she so loves, Nahtnaught, the Titan of Force, reigns over the outlaws and the unwelcome in polite society. The law in turn, is commanded by Vincent the Titan of Order, who mostly abstains from any action beyond routine even in his position as the Sheriff. And then there is the worst of their bunch, Iceschillendrig, Titan of Prosperity, who owns a near monopoly on just about everything in Rivayle, around whose existence the wealthy classes are formed.

It would be far from a stretch to suggest much of the strife of Rivayle comes from him, as the divide between rich and poor is steep indeed, leaving some in prosperity and others fighting each other for the scraps, and many terrible acts have been committed by those working in the name of the Titan of Prosperity, though swept under the rug. Perhaps even the wretches, mysterious beings who appear and disappear just as suddenly, and have equally unfathomable reasons for their hostility, are his handiwork.

Yet, something is stirring in Rivayle. The feats of two bandits, Bunny and Baron, are of particular interest, and it is rumored a big announcement from them is coming up, with the backing of the Titan of Force herself. As they are perhaps the greatest threat to Iceschillendrig outside of the Titans that has ever appeared to this day, you are eager, or curious at least, as to what this announcement may entail.

Afterall, you've got your bones to pick with the Titan of Prosperity. Whether you are driven by righteousness, ambition or vengeance, and whatever your origins - an agent of the law, an outcast forced by circumstances into criminality, a common citizen or even a stranger to Rivayle itself - you have come together to form a group, a coalition that is readying their plan to strike at the Titan and take him down a notch. But such plans need funding, and making too many wise to your plans might spell the end of them (and you). Fortunately, an opportunity has appeared to acquire some of the funds you would need, from a desperate mine owner whose property is currently inhabited by wretches. In order to push them out, and be able to resume operations in time to pay his debt to Iceschillendrig, he is hiring anyone he can get ahold of, for a fair sum too.

Perhaps, however, this mine has more secrets than what you've bargained for...

OOC:

Hello everyone, and welcome to the roleplay (or the interest check for it anyway)!

As a quick summary, Rivayle is essentially a 'world' (it's more the size of a small country it seems) a western fantasy theme. That means there's spells and there's guns and cowboy hats and mystical monsters. Now this setting is actually from the game Shadowverse though I decided to label this fantasy as I both believe the setting is simple enough to understand without knowing the game or story, and also because I don't want to make knowing those a requirement for participating. That being said I do think its a really interesting setting that would be great for a 5e campaign. So if an adventure in the fantasy wild west, potentially facing the very demigods that rule it sounds like your idea of a fun time, feel free to keep reading :D

What is Allowed?
Official content, including MTG books and planeshift, UA and homebrew allowed on case by case basis. From these all races and classes are accepted, though seeing how Rivayle is basically a huge desert I wouldn't recommend using aquatic races.

D&D Details
-Everyone starts at lvl 3
-The method that will be used for starts is rolling 4d6 and dropping the lowest, 6 times. Then, everyone gets to pick which result they want to use.
-I am looking for between 3 and 4 players, might stretch it to 5.
-Players will begin with firearms proficiency. However, this is merely the default, and you may swap this out for a different skill or tool proficiency if you wish.
-Player races will be reflavored into ones which belong in Rivayle or Vellsar, for the sake of setting consistency. This means mechanically they will operate as the corresponding D&D race, but in-universe they are one which exists in one of those settings. Certain classes and races may require being from Vellsar rather than Rivayle, for reasons I will detail in settings.
-Experienced and new players welcome alike.

Roleplay Details
-Post requirement: 500 words once every 8 days, reduced to 300 during combat or other interactions requiring the rolling of initiative. After that period ends, your character will temporarily be taken over as an NPC.
-Having a discord is required
-Roleplay will be play-by-post

Rivayle (and Vellsar) is a setting from a fandom, which means I don't have a ton of control over every aspect of it. I merely fill in the gaps when there is missing information, and will attempt to minimize changes to it. So, how will I incorporate its elements, mainly the western ones?

--> Spells can be reflavored in terms of shooting magic shots from a gun.
--> When it comes to how guns (the actual weapon) in 5e works, I will be making some adjustments, mainly towards swapping the misfire mechanic with one that doesn't potentially knock you out of the fight with a bad roll.

Remember when I mentioned "a stranger to Rivyale itself?". Well, that's because some of the characters here may not have come from Rivayle at all, but rather from Vellsar.

Vellsar is another setting, with a theme that is something of a cross between gothic horror and japanese folklore. It shares a connection with Rivayle, though the inhabitants of neither know the existence of the other. This setting and its connection to Rivayle are cannon, though I am bringing them into play earlier than in the actual story because this will allow players to play certain races or classes that I might otherwise have to restrict due to the kind of setting Rivayle is.

If you are an inhabitant of Vellsar, then you'll remember your past in Vellsar, but how you got to Rivayle is something you can't quite recall. However, you do recall a vague mission as well, one to prevent the fate that is to fall upon Rivayle.

Do let me know if there are any questions you may have, I'll be happy to answer them! I tried to be as informative as I could without going too deep into detail lest the interest check turn into a text wall, but if there's anything anything you'd like me to elaborate on before I do it on the actual thread, please don't hesitate to ask :)

I hope this has caught your eye, and if not that you enjoyed the read at least.

Have an excellent night or day!​

Rapid Fire.png

Last edited:
Let's hope I won't disappoint then. Welcome!
Sure you won't. Western fantasy is pretty fun setting.

Though ill warn you I've never heard of Shadowverse until now. So I know nothing about it.

But I do have a fantasy cowboy idea that I enjoyed. So i might use him.

Sure you won't. Western fantasy is pretty fun setting.

Though ill warn you I've never heard of Shadowverse until now. So I know nothing about it.

But I do have a fantasy cowboy idea that I enjoyed. So i might use him.

No worries there. As I mentioned I believe this setting is simple enough to understand without knowing the game or story, and I'll sure to provide any details I find relevant for players to look up in lore.

i've been meaning to get into somethin' dnd related, so i'm quite interested myself

i've been meaning to get into somethin' dnd related, so i'm quite interested myself

Welcome!

And with that, we have the minimum amount of players we need for the roleplay. I have been preparing the discord and I will be PMing you all a link to it as soon as I'm out of a quick shower!

I would be interested in this, too. I'm not familiar with the setting, but I do like me some DnD.

I would be interested in this, too. I'm not familiar with the setting, but I do like me some DnD.

I figured most people wouldn't, but I do think the stuff I've put in here and in the lore in the discord should be sufficient to understand the setting (and if it's not, please do feel free ot aks me questions! :) )

So... welcome!

Is this a PbP game, or on discord?

OOC and rolling on discord, actual roleplaying will be on an RPN thread.

ooo, is this still open? I really love the setting and such. I’ve never played dnd however but always wanted to get into it. So I understand if you don’t want a literal new person who has never played dnd before in the rp, but I would love to join if you will let me!

ooo, is this still open? I really love the setting and such. I’ve never played dnd however but always wanted to get into it. So I understand if you don’t want a literal new person who has never played dnd before in the rp, but I would love to join if you will let me!

Well, I did mention I would allow new folks, so please feel free to join us :) I'll help you out where you need and we've got at least a couple other experienced people here who I'm sure wouldn't mind giving you a hand as well where I may be lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back