• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Sherwood Sherwood attributes are likely going to be just as 5e. As far as I know at least, granted I haven't actually physically played d&d but I've seen my share of Critical Role :^)
I was more asking if we were going to be rolling stats, using a point buy, fixed stats or some other assigned numbers for our attributes.

I was more asking if we were going to be rolling stats, using a point buy, fixed stats or some other assigned numbers for our attributes.

Oh I see! That's something I still kind of need to think about, not that I suspect anyone here of being a cheater but it is very easy to just fake it and say "I rolled four 16s and two 18s" when allowing rolls. Then again, it's more fun and rewarding that way for both low and high rolls.

I'll definitely let you all know in the characters thread!

Oh I see! That's something I still kind of need to think about, not that I suspect anyone here of being a cheater but it is very easy to just fake it and say "I rolled four 16s and two 18s" when allowing rolls. Then again, it's more fun and rewarding that way for both low and high rolls.

That is one good thing about the dice roller here. You can't fudge your numbers. I would personally suggest either a point buy or a fixed array of stats that we assign where we wish.

I'm still debating my options. Haven't run a wizard in DnD for a long time..... Perhaps I'll do that.

Will the OOC be in a thread here or discord? Because discord bots can help solve that potential cheating issue, since if you're not the server owner you can't delete the bot's messages.

Oh? What kind of concepts, if you don't mind sharing?
Might as well, just so we all know what each other are kind of gunning for class and species wise. I can go two ways, with an atypical variant human fighter or a very useful half-elf ranger.
But if someone else has better ideas for either, I'm malleable. I can make anything work, really.

Well, for the role or class I’m thinking of going with would be the same one I used in the last rp... a alchemist who goes by the name of ‘Timmothy’

Might as well, just so we all know what each other are kind of gunning for class and species wise. I can go two ways, with an atypical variant human fighter or a very useful half-elf ranger.

What are the advantages or disadvantages of that, specifically?

Well, for the role or class I’m thinking of going with would be the same one I used in the last rp... a alchemist who goes by the name of ‘Timmothy’

Maybe I'm just not remembering or maybe you're not referring to the RP I'm thinking, but how will you accomplish that? Reflavoring or are you aiming to start out as an artificer and take the alchemist subclass when we get to level 3?

Maybe I'm just not remembering or maybe you're not referring to the RP I'm thinking, but how will you accomplish that? Reflavoring or are you aiming to start out as an artificer and take the alchemist subclass when we get to level 3?

Well, as said by Ellya Ellya earlier, they are open to ‘homebrew’ and ‘non-vanilla’ classes and ideas as long as it is not ludicrous in nature (like being a burger Knight for example) or have enough details to work as a class by itself.

As shown here:
If you want to use anything outside of the "vanilla", it's all good as long as I can look it up online and then pretend I'm smart and knew about it all along :^)

In other words, as long as there's some "official" documentation to be found on it online, it's all good! Just tell me about the super funky ones

Well, as said by Ellya Ellya earlier, they are open to ‘homebrew’ and ‘non-vanilla’ classes and ideas as long as it is not ludicrous in nature (like being a burger Knight for example) or have enough details to work as a class by itself.

As shown here:

Oh, I thought that implied Ellya Ellya required the content to be official in some capacity, as in made by Wizards of the Coast.

Yeah, they also said if you cannot make the character without adding in some homebrew rules in it... they would talk about it and see if it would work. Under the section ‘What content is allowed’ in the first post or interest post of entire thing... but I can’t wait to get back to using Timmothy for yet another grand adventure

What are the advantages or disadvantages of that, specifically?
What do you mean? Between a Fighter and a Ranger? Everything is pretty balanced because it's 5e, if we need a strong hitter that you won't need to worry about dying as often then a fighter would be optimal. If you want a character that can contribute to exploration and excels mainly in a group environment, then the ranger is a good option. Either would serve it's purpose though.

What do you mean? Between a Fighter and a Ranger? Everything is pretty balanced because it's 5e, if we need a strong hitter that you won't need to worry about dying as often then a fighter would be optimal. If you want a character that can contribute to exploration and excels mainly in a group environment, then the ranger is a good option. Either would serve it's purpose though.

I meant for you personally. Like why you'd prefer one or the other, outside of what the groups may or may not prefer.

I meant for you personally. Like why you'd prefer one or the other, outside of what the groups may or may not prefer.
The character I'd have planned for the fighter is more original than the ranger. More extroverted and action-oriented, which would be interesting to write the mindset and progression of as the character interacts with others.

The ranger would likely be kind of the same personality as the Blood Hunter I played, as the classes are similar enough and the idea I have in place for the role would kind of be played the same way.

But really I'm just looking to be useful.

So that would be a fighter, yeah? Probably Battlemaster with a long-ranged fighting style?

Could be a ranger too. Maybe it's just the stereotype but I think they are also known for fighting with bows.

And if they want a tactician there is the Mastermind subclass from the rogue class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back