• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
FBD44CB4-BDBE-40D1-8DBA-B2C017F62216.jpeg Naivara Naïlo 240 year old Wild Elf Small town Condition: Good Equip: Leather Armor & Shortbow Rolls: None (Weird right?) Interact: Whole Team ( Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire useless useless wowbobwow wowbobwow Damafaud Damafaud Xio Xio D. Rex D. Rex Sizniche Sizniche kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy Equusheart Equusheart ) The dog was long dead. It was disappointing she’d always wanted a dog. She wondered how many other animals they’d find dead left abandoned as the fearful people fled. If their group had come earlier they might have even got some coin for the beasts. Regardless there was no use in wondering now, for one what ifs did nothing but waste time and focus. Besides there would always be another opportunity up ahead.

She was satisfied that the area was secure for the moment. There was going to be no rushing these two, not with the severity of their injuries, but every second spent here was spent becoming sitting ducks. She could leave but she had the feeling she’d be doing so alone.

She looked back. At least two seemed to have some experience in medicine, whether it be magic medicine meant no difference. She could expect they could heal, though she had no idea if they could defend themselves.

Then again she needed to scout ahead if they wanted to not be just waiting for a larger attack. So then leaving four and heading on with the other four? Or would that make less sense. They were worgs, presumably anything else would be able to smell as well? Traps then she’d set traps and double back. Granted with how they tore the two to pieces she had zero interest in going it alone.

“They need to rest that’s clear, but most of us aren’t injured and should continue ahead with caution. I can set traps, because it’s no longer likely that we won’t be on our way to being surrounded. Not even fifty feet into the city we were found.”

Iris breathed out through her nose as the last worg fell. Finally, onto the real task. As the healers tended to the wounded, Iris looked down at the two dead monsters, "You're right, Yenric. These aren't wild worgs." She said as she looked back up at the church steeple. "And as smart as these creatures are, there is a good chance they would have heard all the fighting. We should move on before any more show up. Traps would be a good idea should they attempt to track us" With that she turned back to look over the party. They would need some healing, but they could push in a little farther. They were in no true danger yet, despite Jo's mediocre performance. However, she was less sure of Yenric. His eyes were full of fear and doubt; obviously the attack had gotten to his head. Iris had assumed that he was made of sterner stuff as a thief, but obviously she had made yet another mistake. This one had no business traveling, let alone investigating the rest of the town. "There will be more ahead too. Anyone who doesn't feel up to the task should turn back now." She said, giving him a disappointed look before turning to the newcomer.

"Samson, was it?" She asked, trying to parse through his speech. She could speak four different languages, yet this man's poor grasp of the common language was enough to throw her off. However between his greasy hair and his poor clothing, Iris was thankful the stench of blood masked whatever musk he might have. "Charmed," She managed to force herself to say. "You fight well. Given your magic and your symbol, I take it you are a noble paladin?" She could feel herself gag a bit on the word noble. How was it that an uneducated swine become a holy warrior while her own name was dragged through the mud? The church must have had a lean year to have dug up this scrawny little twat. "If you are here to investigate the town as well, you are more than welcome to join us." She continued with an empty smile. He a skinny piece of steel and bone was still barrier between her and whatever creatures might be ahead, "We have already deduced that the bell tower is the best place to investigate first. A few worgs isn't enough to scare you yet, is it?" She said, giving a sideways glance towards Naivara as she spoke.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic wowbobwow wowbobwow Sizniche Sizniche

"An incredible fight" he laughed as he shook Samson's hand before looking around at everyone "I'm feeling pretty good now, thanks to our obviously noble Paladin. Anyone graced by a deity deserves such a title, though I am not at one hundred percent" he stretched a bit, his body making strange metallic pops coupled with the cracking of branches in the wind "If I had to describe how I am feeling using a numerical system...out of ten I am about a seven at the moment"

He walked over to Nai and stood over her for a moment before reaching into his pack and pulling out a hunting trap, handing it over to her "I picked this up a while ago but I haven't had the chance to use it, this seems like the best time"

Without another word, he walked over to Yenric, his height making it inconvenient to speak to him, he wad forced to kneel down "You are quite tough, many others would have run against such creatures, especially given how small you are. I wouldn't worry about missing a few strikes in the heat of the moment, I myself found the air more often this fight" he laughed with honest amusement at himself before lowering his voice "and don't mind the dirty looks from Iris, from traveling with her, I am quite sure that means she cares, very much one of those 'types'" he snickered before standing up.

"Eldritch Blast!" he cheered as he moved over to Deirdre "I wasn't aware you were a Warlock Miss Deidre, that was quite impressive and gave me just what I needed to get ahold of that beast, without it, the worg would have definitely seen me" his body was quite animated to make up for his lack of facial expressions. He clapped his hands "I am very interested to see what else you have up your sleeves"

wowbobwow wowbobwow BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sizniche Sizniche Xio Xio D. Rex D. Rex

"Aw, hells, ya'll're too kind," Samson said, in response to being called 'noble'; he was far from a chalkie by any means, only really even having the luxury of being able to wash himself thanks to the church, but such complements warmed his heart, and at the moment he was absolutely oblivious to the fact that the woman in the red dress was choking back contempt for his very existence. Speaking of which, the woman seemed to be giving orders, almost as if it was her natural place to command. He could only guess that she came from noble blood because of that, and while he wasn't entirely sure how he felt about that attitude, they weren't exactly in an appropriate position to bicker about it. After all, she was right; more worgs could show up at any minute, and a party on the move is a lot less likely to be taken by surprise than a party at rest.

"Well, if the belltower's our lead, then I guess I'm headin' to the belltower. Any of ya'll're welcome to come along, but I'd understand if you need to rest. Some of you look like you took a few pretty nasty bites." Samson began to make his way towards the belltower, not entirely sure what he'd do once he got there.

Interactions: Iris Xio Xio Zi'on Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Mentions: Jo useless useless The rest of the group in general Equusheart Equusheart BriiAngelic BriiAngelic kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy wowbobwow wowbobwow Damafaud Damafaud D. Rex D. Rex

7t3MlGQ.png

Damn.

Jo glared at the corpses of the two wargs with disdain, sheathing her sword with an irritated click of her tongue as she tilted her head from one side to the other to get a feel of the wounds around her throat. The bastard got a good shot at her, but the wounds didn’t feel like they were bleeding anymore, so there was no point in sittin’ around, bitching and moaning, now was there? It was done, and she was just irritated that she hadn’t done anything to slaughter the beasts. She had been a tasty little treat, and would have remained that way if not for the strangers that had saved her. It wounded her pride a bit to think that she had to rely on others in such a way, people she hadn’t even bothered to remembered the names of up until this point… maybe it would be a good time to start paying attention to the little things, though.

Jo!

She was torn from her thoughts when that voice struck her again, the same voice she had heard in her head when she had been miraculously healed, only this time it wasn’t in her head but coming from the side. She looked over just in time to see a woman running at her, nearly looking ready to tackle her to the ground! Immediately, Jo tensed up and stood straight, staring at the person from behind the dark slits of her mask and processing her frantic words.

... So, you’re the one that healed me, huh?” Her words were gruff, voice a bit strained from her throat having been a chew toy mere seconds before, but she seemed fine otherwise. Though it was probably hard to scrutinize someone whose face was always hidden. She seemed to ignore the half-elf’s words at first, taking a step closer to the woman and peering at her in silence for a good moment before finally relaxing a little and nodding, just briefly. “Save your spells and magic, woman. I’m fine, just a scratch, more or less.” As she spoke, she reached back behind herself and removed the longbow from her back, readying herself for whatever would happen next. With her wounds, she knew it would be foolish to try anything up close again. Her bow was meant for times like this.

I owe you. What is your name?” She asked, turning her head just slightly toward another woman, who seemed to believe she was the leader of their little group. She couldn’t help but growl a little, sneering violently and turning to full-on glare at Iris. She didn’t like that one, but didn’t care much to speak to her either. Instead she listened to the base idea of what the group seemed to be discussing. Moving further ahead, while leaving the wounded back to ‘rest’?

If we wanted fucking rest, we’d have stayed with the damned flea-bag tabaxi and the caravan.” She spat out, lifting the bottom of her mask just barely enough to spit the last of the blood that had gathered in her mouth and throat, not enough to reveal any features of her face though before quickly lowering the mask and glaring toward the newcomers to the group. She held little interests in them, and while she was intrigued by the warforged, he seemed far too chatty to approach for her taste.

If we’re going to the bell tower, we should just fuckin’ go. Sending a whole fucking party in to ‘sneak around’ is obviously a shit-tastic idea though. And besides, those fuckers used their damned noses to find us.” She gestured toward the dead wargs, her interest in them waning now that they were dead and she wasn’t the one who killed them. “Ain’t no amount of sneaking getting past those fucks. Maybe we should storm the fuckin’ tower and destroy whatever rears their ugly little head next.

As she grumbled, she moved toward where one of the warg's lay and, after kicking it a few times to assure it was dead, she knelt over and began to search for pockets or pouches that might be tucked away, maybe weapons, or even a clue as to what might have rode the saddle to begin with.

Sizniche Sizniche wowbobwow wowbobwow Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Xio Xio BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Equusheart Equusheart kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy

Last edited:
Yenric smiled at the strange warforged. He had never seen anything like him before, but he seemed friendly enough. "Oh, thank you kindly. I'm usually a better shot. Guess worgs make harder targets than rabbits and pheasant out in the forests. And a bit of advice for you ... don't underestimate us halflings because of our size. Many have and suffered the consequences," he said, following up the statement paradoxically with a little giggle.

Yenric looked back over and saw Jo up and about and his little heart was filled with joy. "Jo!" He shouted, as he ran to the woman and threw his arms around her. "You were so brave! Oh, by Tymora, I am so happy to see you up and walking." He had no idea what she would think of getting hugged, but he wasn't the type to care. He had big emotions and liked sharing them. Besides, Jo had been the one to protect him ... or attempt to ... at the beginning of the battle. He didn't press his luck, though, and released the woman quickly.

He looked over Samson cautiously, noticing the symbol of Chauntea. He was obviously a religious man, like himself, though he chose a different goddess, making the little man slightly suspicious. He reached down and straightened the amulet of Tymora that was always around his neck. "Hello Samson. Good to have you with us." He paused for a beat. "Chauntea? She ... is a worthy goddess," he said, nodding.

"I agree with Jo. We obviously make a great team. We should go together," Yen said. He had no idea that some were questioning his mettle. He would have just laughed had he known. He was up to the task. He had the love of Tymora protecting him. That brought him all the confidence he needed.

useless useless Sizniche Sizniche Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Last edited:
Rina Rubare

rina-realistic-png.575426

Half-Elf Bard
Nightstone
Interaction
: Joan, Nai​
"Call me Rina. We met on the carriage," her tenses shoulders relaxed once Jo confirmed she had no need for healing. She made it in time.

Jo wasn't much of a friendly soul. She discovered as much when she didn't respond to her chatters in the carriage beyond a gruff grunt or a nod. She didn't mind it too much; People came from all sort of calling and some prefer solitude as a company as much as she preferred music as one.

The group slowly recovered from wound and battle. The Warforged, Zi'on, looked better as he talked with the Warlock Deidre. Eldritch Blast was a telling sign! Lady Iris mentioned something about investigating the bell tower once again. It wasn't too much of a bad idea, Rina thought, but doesn't Nai's words made sense? Two wargs were dangerous, but barely enough to force a whole town to evacuate.

"Did you find anything else when scouting, Nai? You were right. It's weird that there is only two wargs around and the whole town's gone."

Mention: GM ( kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy ), Iris ( Xio Xio ), Zi'on ( Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire ), Sturdy (@Nacre ) , Naivara ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Jo ( useless useless ), Deidre ( D. Rex D. Rex ), Yenric ( wowbobwow wowbobwow )

Now that the threats were dealt with, Deidre finally began walking forward. Only to be blindsided by a rather energetic warforged. Which wasnt unpleasant. His vigor was certainly to be commended after being so chipper after taking such a blow while wrestling a worg. He then moved to congratulate her.

Her eyes did widen slightly, mostly at the surprise of recieve such jubilee. "Oh? W-well thank you. I am glad I was able to assist you in your work. And a fine job you did indeed Master Warforged." She said to him. He seemed like an agreeable fellow. Though to trust a golem did bring it's own risks.

Quite the opposite of the masked savage, but she at leasted seemed gung ho enough to chalk her downing to just bad luck. A crude and filthy tongue, she had. It would not be hard to finger her intentions. It was always nice to not have to think twice about ones motives. Though that didn't mean it would be easy to place any faith in her.

Healers, a good thing that they were around. Deidre was not particularly fond of religious folk, but they seemed harmless. Beta even.

Iris, of course, was giving out her hollow praises. As well as trying to take charge. It did not need to be mentioned that Deidre would be following her. Though she fully expected to be made to carry whatever Iris felt like pilfering this venture.

Deidre approached the worgs. They did not seem to have much of value on them. Just some bits and baubles to personalize the saddles to their owners, no doubt. But the shiny trinkets of crystal did catch her eye enough that she used her dagger to liberate the vial caps. She would find some use for them. More so than the teeth or beads.

Still. That they had saddles meant this was not just some wild attack. She inspected them closer, to see if she could determine what sort of beings once rode the worgs.

Iris just sighed. Of course it was adventurers who could face death and keep moving forward, so long as the promise of treasure was held in front of their nose. Did that make her any different? Well she was still the smartest person here. She was also apparently one of the few people there apparently not losing their head over a single battle, if the masked woman's raging lunacy was anything to go off of, "Yes, yes, you're a tough warrior, we get that. I'm sure you could take on the whole town of worgs on your own. Now wipe your own blood off your shirt, put your pride in your back pocket, and help us come up with a plan that isn't going to get everyone here killed." She told the mask woman sternly before looking around. "One skirmish does not change the mission. However, given the state of Yenric and... her..." What even was her name? Yenric was too soft to be effective in this situation, and from her outbursts Iris suspected the masked woman would stab whoever she found regardless who they were. "We should have someone else go in and- what are you doing? You, Samson, stop!" She suddenly growled out at the paladin. "Where are you going? You don't even know what's in there, get back here!"

As she spoke, her mind was already turning with the possibilities. Of the three initial possibilities, only one was left. With the newcomer came a new variable. Then again paladins were notorious for charging in with little but faith and guts, which immediately put that idea to rest. As much as she still distrusted Naivara, Iris could not deny the elf was one of the most level headed members of their band. "Naivara. You were talking about setting traps, but out of all of us I now believe you are the best for scouting the church. If it is safe, we can launch a proper investigation, see where everyone went, and come up with a proper plan of action. If there are more worgs or, better yet, whoever brought all these worgs here, then we can come up with a plan of attack. Then you can murder to your heart's content. As long as one remains alive." She explained, looking back at the masked woman briefly. As she did, Yeux poked its head back out from Iris' coat. His onyx head slithered through the fur trim before rising up slightly as it drew closer to Naivara. "Additionally, considering how close it is, Yeux could be useful." She said, half expecting the machine to speak up. "That way rather than report back, you can whisper what you see as you go. Think of him as my eyes and ears. Or a way of talking to us, within reason." And a way she could keep an eye on the elf.

useless useless BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sizniche Sizniche wowbobwow wowbobwow

Last edited:
Yenric watched as Deidre looted the corpses of the Worgs and resisted the instinct to furrow his brow in judgment. He was a simple man, who had spent the majority of his life in the confines of a poor religious enclave. He lived a meager life and it was perfect as far as he was concerned. He didn't think it quite right to be taking goods off the bodies of the freshly fallen. He reminded himself that it was not his place to judge. Everyone was different, and those differences made the world a better place. He decided, instead, to refocus on the task at hand.

"Samson! I'll go with you," Yenric said, breaking into a bit of a jog to catch up to the taller human. Going into the tower at least sounded like something interesting to do. He also didn't think it was a good idea for the paladin to be heading in by himself, and that certainly seemed to be what he was doing. "Hey, I bet you a copper that we find some goblins in there," he said, smiling up at the human. He was unaware of Samson's penchant for gambling, but Yen had one of his own. He was a priest of Lady Luck after all. It shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. "Oooh! Or do you think Kobolds? Or ... maybe an orc? No, no, I'm saying goblin."

D. Rex D. Rex Sizniche Sizniche

Unfortunately for Iris, Samson was already on his way there.

Samson looked down at the halfling fellow, a man of the cloth such as himself, though to a different goddess. After taking a glance at his holy symbol, and searching his memory as best he could, he eventually recollected it as Tymora; while a devout man, he was certainly no theologian by any means, with his duty mostly being relegated to the work the thinking men and women of the church were not physically or martially capable enough to handle.

"Ah, Yenric, I reckon?" Samson said, remembering someone addressing the halfling earlier, "Well, I hope you're ready to lose a copper, because I'm almost certain that the creature that saddled something like a worg would have to be a kobold." He actually didn't, but he'd like to think he did. He did remember something about them often setting traps, which would probably be necessary to tame a worg. "In any case, it shouldn't be too much longer of a walk to get to the church, so we aughta find out soon enough."

Samson looked up, to see how far the bell tower was.

wowbobwow wowbobwow kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy Xio Xio

Last edited:
[class=text] position:relative; z-index:10; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; margin-top:-5px; margin-bottom:100px; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); text-align:justify; padding:5px; [/class] [class=txtheader] width: calc(100% + 10px); margin:-5px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#194b66; color:#fff; font-size:20px; font-family:'Bungee', Impact; padding:5px; [/class] [div class=text][div class=txtheader]Nightstone[/div]
The saddles, as the woman soon discovered, were made roughly, but not for the lack of skill - rather, by choice. It seemed that whoever made them was ascetic at least, trying not to create anything too fancy, and the embroidery, beads, and alike were hung there by the owners after purchasing the saddles. They didn't have any marks on them. After all, claiming saddles like that? Probably only some official orders would do that.
42d5590692cb5b7227631f841c8f9705.png
However, the crude creation narrowed down the owners, albeit not too much. Made of skin, leather, and painted wool, and without a care in the world for quality-looking product? It could've been these who prized efficiency more than outer pompousness. Local barbarians, for example. Bugbears and goblins. Wild wood elves. Hell, even waterdhavians might've done this for some sort of a celebration or a masquerade. Maybe even some halflings who dealt in skins. The question was, were the creators of the saddles also the ones to ride them?

While the group's noble was barking orders, and the rest were looking at the slayn beasts (and for a good reason: barely anyone saw a horse-sized wolf in their life!), the two men were approaching the temple. It was the closest building to where they were fighting, so the walk towards the doors took no more than ten seconds. It was a small, wooden temple, more like a church, with large wooden double doors taking quite literally a half of the wall. The doors were wide-open, and both on the inside and outside they saw carvings. One depicted a dawn, and the other one - a unicorn's head. Yenric, being a spiritual person he was, immediately recognised them as the symbols of Llathander and Meilikiki. Youth and nature. Atlethisim and hunt. Made sense, for a town like this.

The church was just twenty foot wide, and twice as long, and the small belltower was at the further end of it. Through the open doors, they saw light shining through the coloured windows, making the interior warm and yellow on one side, and cool and green on the other. The further wall was decorated with dried flowers, holding two small altars on a large wooden table. There was a door in that wall on the right - it probably led to the room of the local priest, and from there - to the bell tower itself. Few benches were surrounding the centre of the church instead of standing in rows - probably for the flock to better enjoy the colours mixing and swirling on the wooden floor. Here, the ringing was much duller, but louder. The beating of the bell didn't sound as crystal and clear, but it almost sounded like the walls vibrated and hummed, almost deafening the two adventurers.
[/div]

Samson poked his head in to check the inside corners of the church. "Well, I think the bet's a scratch," Samson shouted over the sound of the church bell, "but, that's probably fer the better." He was somewhat glad that the bet was looking like it would turn out to be a draw, as he was starting to doubt his own bet, as well as his already meager knowledge of goblins and kobolds. He stepped into the church, covering his ears and approaching the door in the wall to the right. As much as he'd like to appreciate the interior design at work, the bell was starting to finally get on his nerves. As he stepped up to the door, he gave it a good, rythymic knock. Tap taptap tap tap, taptap. He drew his sword and shield, waiting for a response, friendly or not.

kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy wowbobwow wowbobwow

E2EB5D21-02E0-49ED-B9E9-31714D653440.jpeg Naivara Naïlo 240 year old Wild Elf Small town Condition: Good Equip: Leather Armor & Shortbow Rolls: None (Weird right?) Interact: Whole Team ( Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire useless useless wowbobwow wowbobwow Damafaud Damafaud Xio Xio D. Rex D. Rex Sizniche Sizniche kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy Equusheart Equusheart The Regal Rper The Regal Rper )A mere glance wasn’t enough to bother Naivara, if it was then she’d be a poor excuse for an assassin. At at the end of the day that’s what she had to be, she wasn’t the strongest so she lived off her skills and calm disposition. So she did little more than allow the faintest Of smirks to pass her face.

She did however appreciate the traps. She had originally planned for a quick improving of some standard traps with her pack but it was always better to have some physical ones as well. She stowed away the hunting trap in her pack with a quick nod to them. She didn’t know what to make of that one but they’d swooped in and saved the scouts from further injury even if they sustained some of those blows.

Still she wondered just why they all seemed insistent in rushing into a place that quite obvious was occupied by something or someone considering the tones of its bells had switched. Still if they wanted to go ahead at least that would open up a line of fire for her. Although she’d not feel good about leaving the hole unchecked. For all she knew more monsters could come out from its recesses. And then the last injured came to spit out their response.

“Well if you’re well enough to be cursing far be it from me to stop you. Jo was it? That makes things easier. I have no objections to simply storming our way in so long as we have an actual way out should the worst happen. Rear guard, front spear formation would be fine. Although I know that’s unlikely.”

She turned back to the halfling who seemed to be attached at her hip. Hmmm well at least some bonds were forging, it’d be something she’d catalog in her mind as things to plan for. Then she heard the healer pitch in. Oh? Then she was watching as Nai went around investigating. Interesting.

“Yes in fact I did-”

Before she could continue Samson had rushed the belltower with Iris yells following him. Well there went any planning. She heard the woman beckon her to scout. While she admitted it was a decent plan that man was in no way planning to scout and neither was Yen. She extended her hand out so that the viper might slither and catch onto her since either way staying in communication would be vital.

“I see. I’ll go with them but they very much don’t seem physically capable of scouting. In any case it might be safer that you all follow close behind staying to close to the square would be a bad idea given the massive pit lying in the rocks.”

She gestured with her other arm to the direction she found.

“Likely whatever is these dogs master called them up from there. More might follow. Which is why I suggest a strong rear guard as well.”

Exhausted, taking what little food and water he desired- the Genasi had passed out after an hour had went by. And now as he rushed on the back of a stead and its paid owner behind him, Dakyte raced up to the destination of his eye, Nightstone. For two days and three nights sleep had not claimed him and it was for this reason that he now paid the price with punctuality. What had been intended to have been a few hours of satisfying rest, had turned into something that ate away precious time. It was luck that the caravan owner he had guarded to Daggerford was also aware of a trail going northwards, passing by a path that would lead him to Nightstone, the destination where he expected not to be alone but see others possibly answer the call.

So when the offer of a ride had come after his duty was done, Dakyte had seen no reason to say no. He'd taken the ride immediately, secluding himself in a place where he would be left mostly alone and given his time to recover with as few people around him as possible.

Now? He paid the price with a long rest and in turn was unaware, a few wagons ahead, others that ventured the same destination as he conjoined.

In his hasty move after awakening, he had lost a few pounds. Items he had attained and decided after awakening to his rather damning situation that these items could be left behind. Now in haste he rode up hill, cutting a few hours down by some time. At his arrival he had hopped off, grabbed his heavy bag, and then with but a deposit of a few coins to his travelling companion, hustled with his staff in hand towards the ringing sounds.

The emptiness of Nightstone was not hard to miss, the scent of blood even less likely so. It appears I came just on time rusty or perhaps bronze eyes blinked as they swam in pools of gold and stared, taking note of their surroundings: the dead worgs, the bloodstains on the masked woman's neck, and the others in the surrounding area who seemed to be doing something as he walked into the square a distance away.

To his right he watched figures head towards the temple where the ringing seemed to be from and the shouting of another was directed.

Entering the square, Dakyte walked into some sort of conversation. He stopped, listened, and waited as the hooded elf spoke all while keeping his distance. Wanting to avoid an interruption so he could at least join the group after hearing what had been said. When the elf was done the Genasi closed the distance and moved closer towards the group, pausing to nod his head in greeting as he neared. "I came to answer the memo but it seems I am already a bit late. Dakyte" he introduced, almost-but-not-quite-bronze-eyes blinking in pools of gold scanned as over each available face.

"If we are moving up I can support the rear. I may be new to the scene but leaving our backs open will get us killed and splitting the group up too much may not be the wisest idea."

Interactions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Xio Xio D. Rex D. Rex useless useless Damafaud Damafaud Equusheart Equusheart

Yenric didn't hear anything the man shouted about over the sound of the bell. It was particularly loud and distracting. The halfling took one look behind him at the rest of the group, seeing another new face joining them. He was curious about the man who he had seen around the caravan but hadn't gotten a chance to speak with. No time for that now, though. He couldn't let Samson head into the church on his own. He followed along behind him, crossbow at the ready.

The halfling quickly jogged over to the pew that was in front of the first window on the right and ducked behind it, pointing his crossbow at the door. He didn't think it was a great idea to just knock and draw attention to them, but he at least felt like he had some cover there, and a good view of the door should a goblin (he was still betting it was goblins) come bursting out to attack.

kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy Sizniche Sizniche

[class=text] position:relative; z-index:10; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; margin-top:-5px; margin-bottom:100px; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); text-align:justify; padding:5px; [/class] [class=txtheader] width: calc(100% + 10px); margin:-5px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#194b66; color:#fff; font-size:20px; font-family:'Bungee', Impact; padding:5px; [/class] [div class=text][div class=txtheader]Nightstone[/div]
A ringing silence hung there between the ings of the bell. Fora moment it looked like the door would swing open, revelling any of the creatures the two were betting on. However, the next moment, the bell sounds continued. It was no surprise. Even without the ear-piercing sounds and the echoes, the bell was leaving them with ringing noise in their heads, and whoever was inside probably was almost deafened.

wowbobwow wowbobwow |@Sizniche
[/div]

Kyria followed Samson and Yenric over to church with her bow at the ready in case something else surprised them. Her eyes scanned the rest of the village around them, watching for any other signs of life. Even after the excitement of the wargs attacking it seemed too quiet, too still.

She held her breath as Samson rapped on the door. She still held it as nothing happened. Slowly, she stepped up to the door and slowly moved to open it.

"You are going to need strong support in there as well" Zi'on said as he headed for the door "Samson may have the right idea though, if anyone heard our scuffle out here, spending too much time planning lets them do the same, better to rush in and catch them with their pants around their ankles"

He tried to sneak into the building in between the bells ringing to mask his movement. However he mistimed his moment, just as the bells stopped, he stepped onto the hard wooden floors, his ironwood feet hitting with a solid thunk that echoed through the quiet atrium.

He laughed just before the bells began again.

Rina Rubare

Half-Elf Bard
Nightstone
Interaction
: Dakyte, Nai​
"Pit?"

A crease formed on her temple. There was no reason for a town square to have a pit. She heard some villages made a pit for bonfire during festivals, but it was too early for autumn harvest festival and too late for summer solstice. She wasn't familiar with local tradition, but given the lack of festive decorations, she could only assume the pit was not made by the local residents.

As the group went on, a Genasi arrived and introduced himself as Dakyte. Rina eyed him curiously. This was her first time seeing a Genasi out of picture books. She took a step back to include him in their circle.

"Pleasure! My name is Rina," she introduced herself to Dakyte before turning to Nai. "I think I will check the pit first. It's just unusual to be a pit there."

Rina went toward the centre of the town. There was no fountain in the middle of the square. Nor was there any embellished statue of a folk hero in a majestic pose. Instead, there was a large hole, large enough for a person to fall into. Rina went down to her knees and crept to the edge. She peeked down to see what was inside.

Mention: GM ( kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy ), Iris ( Xio Xio ), Zi'on ( Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire ), Sturdy (@Nacre ) , Naivara ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Jo ( useless useless ), Deidre ( D. Rex D. Rex ), Yenric ( wowbobwow wowbobwow ), Dakyte ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper )

The pit Rina peeked in wasn't deep. Perhaps fifteen or so feet and half of that wide, with jagged edges, and fresh, wet ground in them. The soil shifted inside, signifying the hole was made not so long ago. Though there was no signs of where it went to. Its position in the centre of the town was suspicious as well.

While Rina could only guess why it was there, Iris knew exactly. She might not have had clear memories about the place, but she knew for a fact that this spot was exactly where the obsidian-black obelisk stood - the famous night stone of Nightstone. It usually towered over citizen, however, now it was gone, forced out of the ground, and taken away. But where?

In the meantime, the door opened with a light, but howling creak - almost as loud as the one the warforged made. However, with all the ringing going on, it was virtually unheard - when the bell didn't beat, their ears rung. Inside, there was a small room. A dresser on the right, and a bed with old, worn chest at its side on the left. Clothes hanger in the further corner with just an old light robe on it, and a lantern with a half-burned candle underneath. The bed wasn't made - it looked like the priest left in a hurry early morning before the sermon. Another door, slightly ajar, was leading to the bell tower from this room. Inside, once more, there was a loud bom! bom! bom! bom! But then, instead of silence they expected from their experience outside, a thud, as if someone dropped a potato sack down, and then - quiet snickering and giggling as the vibrations stopped. Then a tap-tap-tap of the little feet,a scratch, and again - the ringing, with another couple of boms, accompanied by small, entertained laughs.
[/div]

Last edited:
Iris let Yeux slither up her arm and onto the wood elf's arm. The viper was cool to the touch and slid across Naivara's arm like water. As he slithered into Naivara's sleeve, Iris huffed and looked back at Samson. Was he still going? And where was everyone else going to, "Hey! What did I just say, get back here!" She called before pinching the bridge of her nose. "Gods... Alright, yah, you do that. Just try not to scream at Yeux if something goes horribly wrong. Remember, familiar or not he's still a viper." As much as she distrusted the wood elf, it really would be a shame if the snake killed her just for tossing him around. The serpent in question slithered back out of Naivara's clothing and into her hood, resting his head on her shoulder.

With that Iris nodded to the newcomer. At this point she just assumed more people who had not heard the news were just turning up, so she didn't think much of the genasi. Other than of course how rare it was to see a genasi. She turned back to the hole in the ground everyone was staring at. It took her a few minutes to remember, given that she stood far taller than she had the last time she had come here and how much it had changed, but after a minute she realized what the hole was, "This is where the night stone was," She explained as she drew up behind Rina. "It's the black obelisk this town is named for. It was partially buried in the ground, hence the hole, but it towered over people." She hummed as she looked down into the hole herself. "It was somewhat magical, but it's so old that no one knows what kind of magic it is. However, if someone took it, then that would mean that someone does know what it is." She sighed before looking around at the surrounding destruction, "However, given all of the rocks we passed, we can't rule out a coincidence. Those stones could have been thrown in her by a catapult, hence the lack of fire. However, they also could have been thrown by something much bigger. In that case, they may have just been looking for ammo." She sighed before mumbling to herself, "One is more of a nuisance and one is actually rather scary. If someone did discover the meaning of the night stone and decide to steal a thirty-ton boulder rather than study it there, I can only imagine what that person must be trying to hide."

Damafaud Damafaud BriiAngelic BriiAngelic The Regal Rper The Regal Rper D. Rex D. Rex

Rina Rubare

Half-Elf Bard
Nightstone
Interaction
: Iris​
There was nothing interesting inside. Rina didn't know what to expect but she was both disappointed and relieved by it. There was no monster den or a secret tunnel there. She stood up and cleared the dirt off her knees before returning to the group. Iris narrated what she knew of the hole when she returned.

"Do you mean... giants?" Rina bit her lower lip. Though the war with giants had been echoed all across Silver Marsh, she hadn't personally met any of them. Silverymoon was well protected from war. Tension may had ran high, but the city remained safe.

"There shouldn't be giants here, right? At least, we don't see any giant footprints around."

Mention: GM ( kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy ), Iris ( Xio Xio ), Zi'on ( Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire ), Sturdy (@Nacre ) , Naivara ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Jo ( useless useless ), Deidre ( D. Rex D. Rex ), Yenric ( wowbobwow wowbobwow ), Dakyte ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper )

Zi'on looked confused...if a completely blank looking face could look confused "Anyone else hear that?" he wondered as he followed the others "Sounds like someone is having fun without us, and I for one think that is a shame. It ain't a party until a Warforged drops in" he chuckled "Too bad Vizon 'Cannonball' Steel isn't here, now that was a construct that could make an entrance"

"Enough reminiscing though" he said looking at the others "Who wants to go first? You'll either be attacked or be the first to join the fun..." he didn't say that he kind of wanted to go first, that'd be rude. Either way, he was bound to get some real entertainment.

Sizniche Sizniche Equusheart Equusheart wowbobwow wowbobwow

Over the painful ringing in her ears, Kyria thought she heard it too. Hmmmm, interesting. Kyria gave a slight smirk as she looked to Zi'on.

"I'll go peek through the door," she said. "Cover me in case anything happens." Kyria nodded at Samson and Yenric before silently making her way over to the slightly open door and peeked through.

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire wowbobwow wowbobwow Sizniche Sizniche kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back