• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Stories from Idumea: Across the Great Blue – a seafaring role-play (searching for a Captain/co-GM)

taistelusopuli

It is me
Across the Great Blue

Welcome to Idumea!

Introduction

The sea is where you belong, among the waves, the free wind and the silence of the night.

Much of the known coastlines and the islands surrounding the Three Continents have been mapped, though not everything. Most ships on sea are fishers’ boats, cargo ships owned by merchants, military vessels or yachts of the rich – throw even a few pirates into the mix. The sea surrounding the known world is a place or conflict, greed and leisure. People have lost their desire for discovery and exploration of the unknown.

You keep your eyes at the horizon, wondering if there is something more, if this really is all there is to this world. What your eyes see is just a line separating the waves from the wind, the sea from the skies and the Great Blue from the heavens. Your heart feels otherwise. The line is not an end or an endless plateau, just a barrier to be broken, a wall to be scaled. There has to be something, has to be. If you just don’t see something, it doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

You have heard the legends of how the world was divided by Ganda, the Guardian of Idumea, of how he tore the world apart, isolating a third of it to protect the rest from the forces of the Darkness. This third, that is now lost to the pages of history and legend, shrouded by myth and fables, begins to repeat itself in your thoughts. “A third. A third. A third.” When you wake up in the morning, as you perform your duties, even at the moment you close your eyes to rest, the thought of the lost third permeates your thoughts and doesn’t let you be.

Tuesday, 13th of the 9th Cycle, Year 1 390

I did it! I got Albahr’s Pride, she is mine now...

6BC64687-A8AB-4350-93EF-041B4A2260A8.jpeg

About the Idea

Across the Great Blue, is a journey across the sea. You have a ship, the best the nation of Algharb has. You choose a heading, though you don't know if it leads you to where you want it to take you. You will have a crew to help you in your journey, of which you are responsible. Will you find a lost land? Will you make it?

Most of the game is about life on board, the challenges the uncertain journey brings and facing the trials of the sea. In practice, I will play the environment/GM controlling the overall flow and trigger events while you, as a Captain/co-GM, will have the authority and control of the crew and the ship. We will play together and against each other at the same time. And if you are wondering, mutiny can overthrow you if you can't get it under control. Depending of the size of the crew we can look into having your 1st Mate (your choice from willing crew applicants) as a second co-GM.

Before posting the official call for crew, I would like to go through some plans with you regarding the mechanics and ideas behind the scenes.

If you are interested in being a Captain/co-GM or Crew, make noise! Those applying to be captains, send me a PM too – a brief sales pitch of you and your captain-character whom you get to build more afterwards.

I hope you like to write at least 2-3 or more well thought and fleshed out paragraphs per turn.

Any questions about the world and the game concept, please do ask :)

48E99A37-6A14-45D7-8B2B-778F3B2DD1C6.jpeg
In short Idumea is a flat-ish world that was created by god-twins Nieida (now the Queen of Darkness and called Droha(=Rebellion)) and Ganda (now the Guardian of Idumea). Idumea used to be one big continent surrounded by water. Now, several millenias later, the continent is broken and divided. There are many kingdoms, empires, peoples and languages.

People of Idumea comprise of humans and human-like races: Elves who are further divided into wood elves, mountain elves and cave elves. Dwarves who live generally on and in mountainsides instead of underground caves like cave elves. Mixed races are sometimes shunned by "pures" though humans care the least, almost not at all.

Magic exists and is controlled by faith and conviction, an understanding of the elements and confidence that matter obeys when it is commanded.

Current era is somewhat equivalent with the medieval period of earth. Some nations are further in their development than others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back