• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
» Asta Ariti
『 Freedom 』
Mood(s) : Surprise, worry, pain and confusion
Mention(s) : Eos
Interaction(s) : NPCs

The sudden vibration caused Asta to tip over, She fell on the ground, just for a second she felt a sting on her hands and knees but it was soon replaced as she felt her whole body shake. Asta looked at the buildings around, worried it wasn't enough to support the huge earthquake. On her home island, there were many earthquakes to get them prepared. However,despite having been through so many she had never witnessed anything like this. She clutched her head with her arms. Shutting her eyes, muttering a small prayer for the gods. She couldn't die. Not now. She had to go back home. She couldn't leave Eos alone, they had already been alone. All they had was each other.

Asta felt breath come back to her once the shaking stopped. Many people had fallen, and her eyes twinged with pain. She looked at her hands which were scraped, there was no blood, she looked at her knees. She had a desperate urge to lift up her skirt and check but Eos had taught her never to raise her skirt like that. Still. She had the urge to look at her knees. She looked around people. Everyone seemed to have taken the earthquake quite gravely.

As she was about to walk away from the scene, the sound of a painful groan from an elderly man, made Asta's heart twit with pain. She looked over to the man who was rubbing his back, painfully.

"Are you alright, sir?" she asked, crouching down to give the man a hand.

The man looked up scrunching his brows together and narrowing his eyes. Asta looked around and found a pair of glasses fallen down, " Oh. Is this yours sir?" she asked as she placed the glasses onto his wrinkled hands. The man had a slow reaction, however he slowly placed them on. He blinked a bit before smiling to the brunette.

"My, my, thank you, young lady. I'm sorry for troubling you." he rasped. Asta shook her vigorously. "That earthquake... sure was a big one, wasn't it? Never in my years have I seen such a big one..." he whispered, Asta nodded. "Once again, thank you young lady..." he smiled and Asta smiled back.

"Of course, please stay safe." she told the elderly man as she wrapped her hands around his one hand before letting go.

Asta once again stood up, walking to the entrance. She couldn't extend her trip. She had to go back home. Right now. That's when a bright green stone captured her olive eyes. Once again the stone felt mesmerizing, maybe because Asta herself had never seen a jewel before, something so beautiful. However she soon stopped admiring it as soon as she realizing it was floating. She had... heard of magic, but she felt her jaw drop. She looked around to the people around her. Why was the jade stone in front of her? She whipped her head right and left, but everyone simply seemed worried about their injuries and the earthquake which just seemed to happened... which seemed hours ago.

She took a few steps to the right and the fragment followed her, and it was still in front of her. She began quick walking side to side, however the fragment still was in front of her. She looked around. Did the fragment make a mistake? Why was it here in the first place. As if playing with a person, Asta took a faint step forward and the fragment stayed still, her eyes glinted as if playing a game. She then turned her back around, quickly. Before beginning to run as fast as she could to the entrance just then she felt a sudden pain hit her back.

"Ack!" she yelped as she felt to the ground, but more than pain, she felt a strange sensation run up her whole body, energy, and something else. Her body felt new just as if it was born again, she felt her skin erupt with goosebumps as she fell to the ground once again. Blinking before turning to the shard, her fingers tingled with a weird sensation however she quickly ignored and stared at the rock which was now on the floor. "Darn'it!" she grumbled, Asta looked back at the fragment. "That stung." she grumbled. "You hit the wrong person... you, dense rock!" she scowled. Getting up, she giggled at her own pun despite no one being around her. Stares bored into her back and she looked at the people staring at her. People who stared at her murmured words and the only thing she could catch on was duck girl, or a jester and she had to agree.

"Miss were you chosen by the stone? The jade stone?" a certain woman asked, wearing a bright red dress, and who had bright blonde ringlets.

Asta smiled as best as she could. "Nope." she gave her a cheeky grin. "That fragment is broken or... lost. It must've hit the wrong person." she laughed, and she could tell from the lady's eyes that she was confused. Quickly enough, the lady narrowed her eyes.

"Of course you haven't you must have been in the way of the true chosen one. Now get out of my sight. I'll be the first one to find them." she scoffed.

Asta gave the lady a thumb-sup, "Good luck with that!" she shouted before trying to leave the palace once more. Such a strange night and what a weird stone. Asta smiled underneath her mask as she skipped through the ball getting ready to leave, how should she tell Eos? The food was amazing. There were also too many beautiful people, too many. Most of all she was getting hungry again.

The brunette kept skipping through a crowd of people who looked at her strangely. As if she was hit by the fragment of an accident.

code by @Nano

Kajsa Thostenson
Interaction:
NPC
Mention: Salvidor​
With a brow raised in mild confusion, the young woman watched the man as he left the fragment room after her. "For a prince, his way of speaking is most peculiar," mumbled to herself while her eyes tracked his movements towards the stage. As the king of Mulada brought the crowd's attention onto himself, Kajsa hung back away from the mass of people. Not one for being so close to others. When he spoke up regarding how his son will be crowned the new king in the coming future her eyes glanced over at a young man with wine colored hair and dark skin. Almost a spitting image of his father. But soon, the cheers of many died down as the evening took a turn.

The ground suddenly began to shake in a manner the Ajnan was all too familiar with. An earthquake!? Kajsa braced herself by lowering her body to the ground, choosing to crouch rather tighten into a ball like many others started to do. As the seconds ticked by the shaking only grew in violence and the screams rang out in pure terror. People had tried rushing to their loved ones while they could, though some were more unfortunate as the floor beneath them all began to crack and split apart. "Mama!" A terrified voice screamed out from somewhere nearby. Sprawled out on the floor was a child no younger than 8 years old, he was dangerously close to one of the cracks, but seemed paralyzed with fear which prevented him from moving away. "Blast it!" She hissed while kicking off her shoes and reaching down to tear a slit in the side of her dress above her knee. "Forgive me later mother, but this thing is restricting!"

Kajsa staggered to her feet before making a break for the child. It was hard to keep her balance as she moved through the shaking building, but she couldn't well abandon the crying boy. Once she was close enough Kajsa reached out and grabbed him, pulling him into her as she fell. With one arm she moved them away from the ledge before shielding the child with her body. "I've got you lad," she whispered calmly, "It'll be alright, nothing bad will happen to you. I promise." Minutes felt like hours as the ground screamed with rage, but eventually it all died down. Once she was sure the danger passed Kajsa lifted herself off the boy and helped him to sit up. "There, what a brave warrior you were." There was a small smile on her face as she wiped the child's tears away. Soon a woman's voice rung out calling the name of someone.

Wordlessly, Kajsa scooped the child up in her arms and begun carrying towards to source of yelling. "Mama!" The boy's eye lit up as he saw his mother, and the woman in turn looked off in their direction with tears in her eyes. "Fenrir!" Kajsa smiled as she let the boy down who immediately ran to his mother, the two embracing after being reunited. When the woman looked up from the floor, still holding onto her child, her eye's met Kajsa's. "Thank you! Thank you for taking care of my son!" She cried out before picking the boy up and vanishing back into the crowd, the boy waving goodbye to the warrior.

"KAJSA!" A thunderous voice boomed from the front entrance of the Mulada Palace. The guards who were in the process of leaving were being moved aside by a rather tall man who was making his way towards a specific individual. "Father?" Kajsa questioned, removing her mask to watch as her father strode over to her, "What are you doing here? Where is mother at?"

"Your mother is fine," the man replied in a heavily Ajnan accent, "I came here once the earthquake had mostly subsided to check on you. Revna was worried sick that something might have happened to you so I rushed here as quickly as I could."

Kajsa's expression grew stony and serious as she looked up at her father. But before anything more could be said the two's attention were drawn towards the stage where Andun began to address the room. Reading off a scroll in regard to a prophecy long foretold by the founders. Pale eyes narrowing in seriousness as she listened to what being said. It seemed as though her father was also tense at hearing the possible end of the world as they know it.

When the royal Muladi family asked the visiting members of the other royal families if they'd give permission to release their country's fragments, father and daughter turned their eyes to the ceiling. What they didn't expect was the Sapphire fragment flying down and appearing in front of Kajsa. They were rightfully shocked, standing there for a moment unmoving. "Kajsa," her father spoke up, breaking the silence between them and looking at his daughter, "What does this mean?" Her pale eyes looked away from the stone towards her father. "Do you remember what you use to tell me when I was ungr? You told me that I would accomplish great things in my time"

"Aye, dóttir."

As small smile pulled at the corner of the girl's lips while her pale green eyes found their way back to the Sapphire fragment. "I believe that my time has come." Reaching a hand out, Kajsa grasped the stone. Indigo energy pouring into her veins and throughout her body. It felt like she had some form of clarity in that moment, clarity she had not experienced before. Almost as if her life had been renewed.

Damian was still trying to process everything that was happening. First, there was an earthquake, and now the stone fragments had flown off in search of their apparent chosen. Before he could even speak up, his brother had gone into full irritation mode "Is no one going to stop that girl? She has the Puran stone fragment!" said Hunter. He looked like a vein was about to pop in his forehead. Damian watched the scene unfold as Puranians surrounded the girl chosen by the Citrine. They had put on their best manipulative smiles and ripped the girl's anonymity away. He knew his people could be hard to deal with, considering how many children run away yearly due to their parent's overbearing nature. He figured the girl was no different than the runaways but was hit him the hardest was the desperate and saddened look she gave when she looked back at the crowd.

Damian decided he needed to chat with the Puranian people who had attended the event. He figured the council would be there, and he wasn't surprised with how they handled the situation. He started to make his way down to the crowd before his brother grabbed him by the arm to stop him "You are going to stay here and behave! I don't need you running around trying to help and causing problems for Mulada's king and our family's reputation. One Puranian embarrassment running away with our country's most valued relic is enough of a problem without you running amok."

"You can sit here and look helpful, but I'm going to actually do something to help one of our people." He said, ripping his arm away from Hunter's grip and running over to the crowd of Puranians.

"King Kamir, I do apologize for my brother's insolence. He will be properly reprimanded when we return to Puran and decide on his punishment."

It wasn't long before Damian stood in the position where the girl had been in the center of his people. He looked them all over, recognizing every member of the council and the alchemists he had asked for help with one of his projects. "I'm disappointed in all of you. The Great Sage Andun did not tell you of this prophecy just to see you mob the chosen. I'm especially disappointed in you, members of the Puranian council. You all had no right to remove that girl's mask when she didn't want to. Please make your way out of the ballroom before embarrassing my brother and me any further. And reflect on what you have done when you return to Puran." He usually hated using his position as a prince to influence his people, but it felt right on this occasion. He then began to run off toward where the girl had run off. He didn't know where she might have gone, but he quickly solved that by asking those around about a girl in a gold dress that had run through recently. It didn't take him long to catch up to the girl. She was still running, and he decided to call out to her, "HEY, ARE YOU OKAY? I'M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU! PLEASE STOP! I JUST WANT TO TALK!" Damian yelled after the girl hoping to get her attention.

Mentions: Zodia195 Zodia195 aurivee_ aurivee_
Present: Everyone else who saw his run after Stella

Flaithrí

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Shiro Sagisu

Fate

"this is a dialogue,"

As if this day couldn't get any more eventful, Flaithrí had expected his return to society to be much simpler than it had been, and it all started with Belinha. He had the pleasure of rekindling an old friendship, possibly making new friends, and meeting people he would not have met otherwise. He'd have to thank the people of Mulada personally for making this a memorable day, but he'd also have to thank Belinha for making his time at the ball as enjoyable as it was, assuming he could ever find her again. He'd made the mistake of not seeing her face, so all he had to go on was a dress and a rough height and build, which meant the second day was over and he'd never be able to express his gratitude.

Flaithrí couldn't help but look down at the line of royalty standing next to him as King Kamir's speech began, making him feel even more awkward. It was just him, alone, while every other member of the various royalties had several people in their group; he made a mental note for the next time that he forces his entire family along, all 12 of them, to make up for it, as it didn't help his image at this point that seemingly none of his family wanted to come the first time he returned into society.

The King's speech only added to the excitement of a day that Flaithri didn't think could get any more exciting, as he announced his intention to step down in a few months. After hearing the news, the young Prince clapped, as did many others in the audience, when the thought occurred to him,
"What if my father did that to me?"
Flaithri did not appreciate that thought. He wanted to take the throne in the simplest way possible, simply becoming king one night and gradually revealing himself to the people, removing him from the spotlight. Flaithrí would have fallen face first upon bowing in that situation, but Prince Aamir handled it admirably.

Midnight crept closer, and disaster struck. The world began to shake, the crowd began to panic, and Flaithrí regretted calling the gods out on the fact that today couldn't possibly get any more eventful, even though it was technically tomorrow now. Flaithrí's mind was racing as panic set in. Flaithrí's only instinct should have been to protect himself as he fell to the ground, but it wasn't; in fact, his self-preservation was completely turned off. Flaithrí stumbled back to his feet, slowly making his way towards the crowd, he seemed mad, desperately trying to get somewhere, using everything he could to stay standing or at least moving, falling to the ground again Flaithrí crawled the last few feet before standing up again.

Flaithrí spread his arms and began to summon as much Arcane power as he could, extending it to cover as much ground as he could before a gentle blue light enveloped himself and an area roughly encompassing 15 others. Anyone trained in the Arcane arts would recognise this as a shield spell, albeit one that was clearly rushed and quite shabby. Flaithrí's main concern was not what was causing the shaking, but the palace structure collapsing, so he chose to save as many people as possible. The shaking stopped, and Flaithrí's heroic act was rendered unnecessary. Flaithrí quickly realized that Andun was the reason the palace remained standing and felt like his actions were even more unnecessary but it was the thought that counted.

Flaithrí attempted to return to the various royal families, but he found himself on the floor for the third time.
"Work, please work; my citizens need me."
Flaithrí had been running on pure adrenaline, and the moment his adrenaline left his body, fear took over, and his legs too the brunt of it and had turned to jelly. Flaithrí struggled back to his feet with the assistance of a Muladi guard, looking at the scene before him, mass panic and confusion, and he couldn't blame them, he was at a loss for what happened. Returning to his previous location near king Kamir, Andun appeared to be able to shed some light on the situation.

Audun mentioned a prophecy written hundreds of years ago by the founders themselves. It was a prophecy of destruction unless the fragments were returned to the original stones by seven chosen individuals. Flaithrí couldn't understand everything, but a few lines piqued his interest. "The pieces will track down the 7, and the seven must each bring one for protection." This was not a prophecy for just the seven chosen, but a journey for 14 people, and the number seven seemed significant in some way given how frequently it was mentioned. Audun proposed releasing the fragments and seeing where they went, and while Flaithrí hesitated for a moment because it was a national treasure, he didn't have much of a choice and eventually nodded.

Flaithrí's gaze was fixed on the Amethyst fragment, and as it landed and came to a halt in front of Noirin, a sad expression crossed his face. He felt bad for her because she was such a sweet girl who was now forced to embark on a journey of life and death. Flaithrí walked away from the royal group and approached Noirin, removing his mask completely now that midnight had passed. He couldn't help but overhear the Puran situation and was disgusted, but it appeared Prince Damian was handling it well so his intervention was unneeded. Noirin, the chosen of the Amethyst fragment, was his top priority as the Sasuren Prince right now.
"Noirin Fitzpatrick."
Flaithrí began to speak, and as he did so, he knelt in front of her.
"It is unjust for me to ask for something so great, especially from a friend, but please save Incienda as the crown prince of the land we both call home. I humbly ask you. I swear on my name, Flaithrí Mac Giolla Laisrén, my title of Crown prince, and on my honor to you that I will do everything in my power to assist you."
When it comes to the stereotypical Sasuren person, their strong ties to honor are often overlooked. What Flaithrí was saying in front of all these people was that if he was lying, he'd give up his name, title, and honor, destined to become a nobody.

♡coded by uxie♡

Interaction| Blackrose7 Blackrose7
Mention| Stella

She could feel the heat creeping up her skin, traveling up her neck-where it then bloomed fully onto her pale cheeks. Her mouth opens and shut for a second, blinking before clearing her throat, this wasn't a situation she had expected to find herself in. Perhaps she had misheard, despite the number of guests that were still within the fragment ball dwindling to nothing, she still refuse to think that she had made a mistake. Reaching a shaky hand to adjust her veil, Nadia momentarily closed her eyes for a brief second before staring at the charming young men-or where the charming young men was supposed to be.

Instead in his place, stood a woman who looked confused-maybe flustered if the blush on her face, which probably matched her own, was an indication of anything. Flinching away quickly, she cleared her throat again before opening her mouth in another attempt to communicate her mistake. It wasn't her intention, yes, she had simply been in distress and she sincerely apologize if it had made her uncomfortable-yes that was right. Besides, she seemed to have a partner already, the man probably didn't take too kindly having his lover being-she couldn't even think of a word that was appropriate for this situation. Was she behaving Lecherous? Wasn't that was this was called? Hitting on someone who was taken already? Homewrecker? Oh, she was!

Nothing came out, her thoughts spiraling by the second, so she simply bowed and turned around to make a quick exit from the awkward situation. Her pace quickened as if she couldn't wait to be as far away as possible from them, not the best move but she honestly didn't know what else to do.

The minute she entered the room, she swept in the familiar perfumed embrace of her mother, and she instantly melted. Wrapping her arm around her mother as she burrowed her head into her chest, the wave of relief and warmth crashed through her when her mother began to quietly soothe her-carful not to draw attention towards them while the Royals were making the announcement. Why had she avoided her? What possessed her to stay away from her loving mother for so long, she couldn't fathom the reason, only happy and content to finally return to the place where she truly belonged.

Not out there, amongst the crowd, but safely tucked away here. She would have continued to ignore the rest of the world, not caring about them if the world hadn't decided to shake. At first, it didn't register in her brain, there was far away shrieking, screams of fear. She soon realized that it was her mother, she was screaming too, clutching onto the arms of her mother as they both huddled together on the ground me

It seemed to have gone on for hours, the nonstop tremors, what was happening!? This had never happened before, what was going on, where are they going to die? The woman was panicking, her mother was panicking, and all around her was unstable.

She didn't want this.

As that thought filtered through her brain, before it was drowned by the others, the shaking stopped. As if it was never there like it never happened, but it had. They shakily got to their feet, still holding onto each other. Her legs gave way and she sunk back to the floor with a startled help, her mother quickly bending down trying to steady her.

"What in Jennah's name-" her mother's voice trailed away, her gaze turning cold. Nadia flinched, her heart stopping for a bit, before realizing that the look wasn't directed towards her but someone behind her. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw the figure of an old men-no she knew who he was, Andun. If he was here then this incident was direr.

They silently listen as the wise wizard spoke, Nadia's face growing paler and paler by the second. She felt her mother dig her nails into her arm, making the young woman wince but she didn't say anything, her mother's face was devoid of any life as it coldly stared at the wizard.

Incienda's demise, the one that can do and undo...what was all this? The words of the wizard were lost on her, her mind solely focusing on those phrases. Incienda was going to fall? Her home was going to be destroyed? Why? Why now?

She didn't want this

A sharp gasp had her pulling away from her thoughts, blinking she saw her mother staring at her with a strange mixture of surprise and...horror? Her hands were shaking as she let go of Nadia's arm, taking a few steps back. The young woman was confused until she realized that it wasn't just her mother who was looking at her strangely, The whole hall seemed to, and if they weren't they were focusing on other girls. Girls her brain quickly recognize as those who had fainted, one of them seemed to have been running away from the fragment. Nadia didn't blame her, she would follow if the eyes of others weren't on her.

I don't want this...

The shard hovered in front of her, glowing a faint red, the strange magnetic pull came over her again and she found herself reaching out to cup it within her hands despite the horrified shriek her mother let out. The moment her skin made contact with it, the strange glow seemed to draw away from the fragment and into her. For a moment, she felt a strange surge of warmth flooding through her, she felt energized. The feeling quickly faded when the shard was quickly snatched from her hands and thrown into the floor.

Startled, Nadia backed away from it, her mother turning her icy stare towards her daughter.

"I forbid it" she whispered, glaring at anyone who dared to oppose her. A man stepped forward, taking off his mask he shot her mother a look that Nadia wasn't too pleased with.

"You dare oppose this? " his voice carried over the crowd, "Appose what our founder wishes? You dare step in front of destiny and risk the lives of our kingdom! "

Nadia's mother didn't flinch, instead, she grabbed Nadia's arm and pulled her closer to her side. "She's my daughter! Chosen or not she is still under my rule, it has to be a mistake. It's not her destiny, she's not worthy enough for such a title. She belongs here! "

Not worthy enough, is that how her mother felt? That she wasn't worthy? The poor woman felt her face begin to heat up as her mother continued to argue with those around her, she didn't want this, she didn't want this.

Ajna Bastard Prince
Hallbjorn Osbjornsen
Troll Hunter
Mascaraed ball
Hallbjorn had taken the scissors that the young lady had given him. Of course they were too big for his fingers, so naturally he had his younger brother, who had smaller fingers, as well as a smaller frame, a full foot smaller. When the earth quake hit, he lost his balance and kneeled. "Hurry up, we need to make sure our people are ok," he said to his brother, who once again started carefully snipping the strings. pulling off his mask, he started to head off the stage when an old man gathered the attention of all the people. Hallbjorn focused on him. He was tired, but he had a strong aura. He is blessed of the spirits, was the prince's first impression. He carefully listened to the prophecy, and then saw... no felt the stones circle around the crowd, before they hovered in front of seven maidens. They all had different reactions, but each one was full of shock, and some concern, as if they felt themselves unworthy. Something that rung a resounding cord in his soul. How can we decide if we are worthy, he thought studying each face. We do not start worthy, we become worthy. Walking through the crowd, he suddenly felt a faint aura of fear. Looking at the young lady, he saw her focused on the lady next to her. What he heard next sent a chill through his blood.

"I forbid it" she whispered, a fierce look spread across her face.. A man stepped forward, taking off his mask he shot the lady a look that was full of disgust and rebuke.

"You dare oppose this? " his voice carried over the crowd, "Appose what our founder wishes? You dare step in front of destiny and risk the lives of our kingdom! "

The lady grabbed the young maidens arm possessively. Must be her mother, the prince thought. "She's my daughter! Chosen or not she is still under my rule, it has to be a mistake. It's not her destiny, she's not worthy enough for such a title. She belongs here! "

Hallbjorn stopped cold in his tracks, a fire building in his eyes as he turned to face the lady. "She might be your daughter," he said in a low, controlled voice. "But what do you know about destiny. What do you know of worth? What do you know of destiny? We are short lived beings. The mountains, the desert, the rivers have been here for ages. What is their destiny? They have seen kingdoms rise and fall. Destiny is predestined, it is made. The wheat in the field, what is it's destiny? It was planted to provide nourishment to us humans. But how much is eaten by the birds? How much falls to the ground? How much are thrown out uneaten? They were destined for our nourishment, but one choice changed it's fate."

Turning to the crowd he raised his voice louder. "What is our worth? Are we made worthy by our pedigrees? The clothes we wear? The man or woman we marry? Are we made worthy because of some ideal we hold? Are we even worthy? What is the worth of a mortal? We live, we die. In comparison of the land we live on, we are but ants. We are not born worthy of anything. We make our worth by our choices. We put worth to our name, we move our destiny with every choice we make. As the water falls from the cliff side, so we fall through our life. An endless circle of worth and destiny. None of us are worthy of choosing someone else's destiny. What are we to think we can place a measure on someone's worth. We can control someone to the point of slavery, but we do not decide their worth or destiny. They can submit, but they choose to submit."

Turning to the lady once again, his scarred face full of stoic wrath. "You may have controlled your daughter since her birth, but from this day on, her destiny is uncontrolled by you unless she chooses it. You might of thought her as a tool for your prestige, but now she is chosen, and you cannot change that. This denial of your daughter's destiny shows how selfish you are being. You'd rather progress your own agenda than protect the lives of people more worthy than you."

Suddenly Hallbjorn felt a tug on his arm. His brother was tugging his arm hard, but the muscled prince barely moved. "Brother, they are not your subjects. This can hurt our countries relations."

"But she is a person, and she hasn't had someone to stand up for her," Hallbjorn said coldly. "But you have a point."

Turning back to the lady he looked her in the eye. "I do not take back anything I said, but I cannot force you. I can only hope you can find a way to break from your selfishness to help save your country, and other countries."

With that he stormed off towards the exit, I hope Boris is okay, I shouldn't of left him.

Paradiso Paradiso
Code by Serobliss

stella ainsley.
panic
ballroom
gold dress
Stella wasn't running in any particular direction. She was in a panicked state, and her only directive was to get away from the Puranian mob as fast as possible.

She clutched the fragment tightly to her chest. She knew she didn't deserve any of this - to be chosen, to hold this precious artifact, to be here at all - but she wasn't about to give it up. Who knew what would happen to it if it fell into the wrong hands? There were plenty of Puranian people who would do anything to achieve their goals, and she didn't trust any of them with something as important as the fragment.

Maybe a part of her clung onto the hope that the fragment didn't choose wrong. Maybe she was meant for this. Was this why she'd never found her path? Was the world simply waiting until today to show her the way?

...No, it wasn't possible. She had failed to uphold Puranian values. She had made a mockery of her family. She went against everything Puran stood for.

She knew there was no way she was meant to have this, but the hope was still there, shining brightly in its defiance. That bit of hope was all she needed. Whatever the reason, she had the fragment now, and it was her duty to ensure it wasn't desecrated.

Suddenly, someone called out to her. A voice she recognized. No honeyed words and saccharine sweetness came from him - his voice, surprisingly enough, sounded genuine.

It was enough for her to let down her guard, slightly.

She came to a halt, nearly falling over from the sudden loss of momentum. Out of breath, she turned her head to look at the person who'd called upon her.

Behind her stood the young man from earlier - the one who had aided her after the catastrophe at the fragments display. (Barely a catastrophe, anymore, compared to more recent events.) Now, however, he had removed his mask, and she realized why she had vaguely recognized him before.

This was no ordinary noble. This was one of the crown princes!

If she hadn't been pale before, she certainly was now. How could she make a fool of herself in front of a royal like this? How could she inconvenience someone of such power and status?

Why did he seem to care about her, anyways? Didn't he know of her reputation? Her disownment had been quite a big deal - surely he knew?

"I'm sorry!" she called back. "I don't know what's happening! I- I'm not supposed to have this. I don't know why I have this. I... can give it back? There's been a mistake, trust me, believe me-" She spoke in a panicked rush, trying to appear as respectful as possible. "Please - I don't know anything, I swear!"
coded by natasha.

» Mary Feldstein
『 TAGGED 』 The Grand Fool The Grand Fool | Paradiso Paradiso
Mood: Confused, and then extremely pissed off
Mentions: Stella Ainsley

As if the situation couldn’t get any weirder, the mysterious girl who flirted with her for a bit had bailed on them without giving Mary a proper explanation. “Hey! Please come back, since I don’t know why you flirted towards someone like me here.” said Mary, as she ran after the girl.
Unfortunately for them, Mary had lost the mysterious girl within the large crowd of people in the ballroom. It made her sad, because there was no way that girl didn’t have a reason to suddenly appear in front of her like that. Not to mention, the deja-vu feeling was back upon looking into the girl’s eyes. Even though, the veil was blocking a clear vision of it. It seems like the eye contact was enough to trigger it. ‘What the hell is happening to me today? First the fainting at the fragment display, then Bjorn, and now that girl. I am clearly losing myself if people are just going to talk to me like that.’ thought Mary. ‘I should probably go find my parents, so they wouldn’t ask me about that later.’
Pushing past the people who were getting in her way, she had found her parents enjoying a nice fruity drink with her siblings. “Yo! What’s up, you guys?” said Mary, who threw out her polite form of speaking towards her family. Upon hearing Mary’s voice, they looked in her direction to see the poor girl holding some ice on her nose.
“Hello Mary, and did you enjoy talking to that guy who helped you?” said Mary’s lil sis: Sarah.
“Speaking about that. What in Incienda’s name happened to you?” said Mary’s big brother: Robert.
“That guy is so sweet, and as for what happened to me. Well, I ended up face-planting on the floor.” said Mary.
Mary’s mother definitely heard what Mary said, and this caused her to go mom mode on them.
“Oh dear god. We need to bring you to Andun to heal your nose if that is the case.” said Mary’s mother: Minato. She was worried about her daughter.
“Honey, I am pretty sure Mary knew about Andun’s healing magic before you told her about that.” said Mary’s father: Kazuki.
“Actually, I forgot about Andun’s ability to heal, so thank you for reminding me about that.” said Mary.
“You’re welcome, and have you been doing the basic rules we told you to do before coming here?” said Mary’s mother: Minato, as she was curious.
“Yes. I have been doing that.” said Mary sighing. She can’t believe how her mom remembers the basic rules thing she was told to do.
“That’s our girl, and if only you were more faithful to Anya’s ideals. You would have been a great spokesperson just like uncle Shigeru.” said Mary’s father: Kazuki.
“Stop bringing up uncle Shigeru into our conversations, dad. I know how much you guys like him, but I don’t want to do that. Heck, I would even prefer to play with that shamisen in my room if it gets you guys to stop.” said Mary.
They never liked how obsessed her parents were with their admiration towards uncle Shigeru and following Anya’s ideals. Sure, he was amazing at his job, but unlike them. Mary knew she could never speak in front of so many people without trying to escape from the stage.
“Mary, we are just trying to get you to open up to more people.” said Mary’s mother: Minato.
“And you think it’s ok for me to be forced into talking to a bunch of strangers or my own siblings?” said Mary. Her eyes narrowed during this, since she wanted to know if they were serious about that.
“If it gets you to stop being a shut-in then yes.” said Mary’s father: Kazuki.
“…” said Mary, who immediately left her family upon them saying that.

After dealing with the argument with her parents; Bjorn, the other royals, and the king were in front of everybody. Mary was waving a hello to Bjorn on the stage, so he could notice where she was in the crowd. ‘I hope Bjorn saw what I just did.’ thought Mary, who was giggling in her mind.
The king announced how everybody could remove their masks at midnight, and then told everybody how Aamir will be the crowned king on his 24th birthday. Mary was clapping just like everybody else, because hearing the news of another nation’s crowned prince becoming a king was indeed a special occasion. ‘I hope Aamir does a good job as Mulada’s next king, because everybody in this nation depends on him.’ thought Mary. Even though, she isn’t a citizen of Mulada. It doesn’t mean she can’t wish them good luck in their future.

…The peace didn’t last for long as the ground shook. It caused her Vinsumian’s instincts with earthquakes to kick in. She ran towards the corner of the ballroom, and got to the floor for her own safety. Her family got the same idea as her, because they also ran towards the corner of the ballroom and got down to the floor. ‘Seriously?! In all the places to be dealing with an earthquake. Why Mulada?’ thought Mary. She knew from her time in school how Mulada doesn’t have any earthquakes like Vinsumi and a few other kingdoms do.

After the earthquake was over; Mary’s family went to Mary, so they could hug her.
“Are you ok? You didn’t get hurt by the earthquake, did you? Please tell me you didn’t get yourself hurt again.” said Mary’s mother: Minato. She was worried about them.
“I am ok, mom, and I should say the same thing to you guys.” said Mary.
“Nobody got hurt by the earthquake, Mary.” said Mary’s father: Kazuki.
“Thank god. I thought you guys wouldn’t react fast enough to that sudden earthquake.” said Mary.
“Well, we are ok.” said Mary’s lil sis: Sarah.

While everyone was trying to figure out what happened. It reminded Mary of the fragments’ odd behavior in the fragment display room. They knew how something was off about them upon seeing one of the girls faint in action. Not to mention, it’s not normal for her to be thrown into the ocean just to see the blue-haired lady and the blue beast.
During her thinking period; Andun appeared in front of them, and asked her and her family if they needed to be healed.
“Everybody besides my daughter is fine. The face-planting caused her nose to be injured.” said Mary’s mother: Minato.
“Mom, I could have said that by myself.” said Mary.
“No back-talking, Mary. You are going to accept your mother’s favor by letting her say that to Andun in your stead.” said Mary’s father: Kazuki.
“…” said Mary, who gave up on trying to talk to her parents.

Once Andun healed Mary’s nose, this is where the prophecy part comes in. Reading from the scroll, he said how a threat leading to Incienda's demise will rise if the fragments aren’t returned to the stones. The beware the one thing that can do and undo part confused Mary, as she didn’t know what that could mean. However, the founders’ signatures being on the scroll did surprise her.
‘…Holy shit! Did I happen to see Anya riding on that blue beast? If so, I didn’t know she could do that.’ thought Mary. She isn’t 100% sure if the blue-haired lady is Anya, but if it is her then they have a lot to talk about.

The king and the other royals then brought up how they are releasing the fragments from their displays. They all agreed to do it, and as soon as they released the fragments from the displays. The aquamarine fragment thought it would be a good idea to chill next to Mary.
At first, the aquamarine fragment being next to her was a complete anomaly from their point of view. Mary had nothing that would make her worthy of being Anya’s chosen one. In fact, they were trying to rebel against it in the stupidest way possible. ‘This decision of yours is interesting and confusing at the same time, Anya. I wonder why you would pick someone like me in the first place.’ thought Mary.
Wanting to see what would happen if she moved from her spot. Mary moved a bit to the right, and surprisingly, the aquamarine fragment followed her movement.
“This is fascinating to see.” said Mary, who was curious about Anya’s reasons to pick her out of all of the other Vinsumian girls.
Moving her right hand to try to touch the fragment, her brother pulled away her hand.
“What the hell, Robert!?” said Mary. Robert’s behavior shocked her, since they have never seen him like this before.
“You aren’t touching the fragment on my watch, Mary.” said Mary’s big brother: Robert. He was doing this out of pure jealousy, because it’s not fair to see Mary go on some cool adventure.
Sarah, on the other hand, had a different reaction to this than Robert. “Why are you stopping Mary from seeing a bunch of hot guys, Robert?” said Mary’s lil sis: Sarah.
“It’s not fair! Mary gets to go on some cool adventure while we have to stay behind. I want a cool adventure too.” said Mary’s big brother: Robert.
Her parents’ reaction towards seeing the aquamarine fragment next to her was very predictable for Mary. The two of them were excited about Anya picking Mary as a chosen.
“Robert, as much as I understand your jealousy towards your sister’s destiny. I don’t think we have the right to stop Mary.” said Mary’s mother: Minato.
Everybody in Mary’s family was staring at her mother now, because they couldn't believe how her of all people would just let Mary go.
“Sweetie, you know we are about to send our daughter to go do something dangerous right.” said Mary’s father: Kazuki. He was concerned about Mary’s safety.
“I know, but Mary isn’t a kid anymore. She is 21, and the prophecy mentioned how there are going to be seven people with her. Not to mention, if we try to stop Mary from touching the aquamarine fragment. Anya is going to be angry at us.” said Mary’s mother: Minato.
Upon hearing what Mary’s mother said about Anya’s wrath; Robert and Kazuki had no choice but to give up.
“Fine. You win, mom, but you better bring something back from your journey, Mary.” said Mary’s big brother: Robert.
“I will.” said Mary.

As she was going to touch the aquamarine fragment again. They had to stop herself when other Vinsumians booed in Mary’s direction.
“How dare Anya pick that annoying brat over someone like me. I deserve to be Anya’s chosen more than that disgusting rebel.” said Random Girl #1.
“Yeah. That girl is so not Anya-like, and I heard she lies about petty things.” said Random Girl #2.
“They have the audacity to call us fake when she doesn’t even try to talk to a single person in Vinsumi on her own.” said Random Girl #3.
“What a loser.” said Random Boy #1.
“I heard she stays inside their parents’ house to avoid talking to everybody. Loser!” said Random Boy #2.
“Even Jian is better than her, and he is a military prince.” said Random Boy #3.
The Vinsumians were being mean towards Mary, because nobody likes her.

However, Mary wasn’t listening to what they had to say about her. Instead, her focus was towards what was going on with the Puran and Mulada chosen. The other Puranians’ behavior towards their chosen, and the behavior of the mother of Mulada’s chosen, disgusted her. “…THAT’S IT! I AM TOUCHING THE FRAGMENT UPON SEEING THE DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR OF YOU PEOPLE!” said Mary.

Grasping the fragment was a very smart move for Mary, because upon absorbing the blue energy. It felt like it gave her the freedom to express herself, and oh boy. She is going to be needing that kind of energy when dealing with the idiots in front of her.
Turning her head to face the Puranians group first, Mary was scowling at them. “YOU! What the hell is wrong with you guys? You just did something so deplorable towards that poor girl without thinking about the consequences. Shame on you!” said Mary.
The next victim was Nadia’s mother, so she was pointing her finger in the witch’s direction. It was to back-up on Bjorn’s amazing speech towards them, because she wasn’t happy with how that woman was treating her daughter. Especially when she figured out why that girl flirted at her to begin with. “YOU! How dare you try to replace your daughter’s voice with your own, and try to get them to flirt towards a complete stranger against her own will. You are a complete control freak towards your daughter’s life, and I agreed with what Bjorn said. This is your daughter’s choice, not yours. You don’t have a say in what they can or can’t do, because there is going to be a time where they can’t rely on you to save them.” said Mary, as she then looked at Nadia. “Even if your mother doesn’t think you are worthy. Someone else would think you are. You are worthy to be happy, to have friends, to have someone who truly loves you for who you are, and so much more. You are worthy to be yourself, and nobody can take that away from you.”
She was smiling at Nadia, because they wouldn’t mind being her friend. As long as it gets her away from her wicked mother, it would be worth it to see them grow into a wonderful person.
Last but not least were her own people: The Vinsumians. “Ok. Most of the things you guys said about me aren’t wrong, but insulting me like that is disrespectful. Even Anya would be angry at you guys if she was here, because you are throwing your hatred and jealousy towards me.” said Mary.

After saying those things towards the terrible people, Mary threw one last jab at them. “You guys all suck, and if I was allowed to do so. I would have hit each and everyone of you horrible people with a stick on the head as a punishment.” said Mary, as she stood there with her arms crossed in pure annoyance.
Her family all stared at Mary with a look of pure horror on their faces, because she was causing drama again.
“I am so sorry for my daughter’s behavior.” said Mary’s mother: Minato.
“Don’t apologize to them, mom. They all deserve it, because they are all despicable people.” said Mary.
That got Mary’s mom to look at her father, since they aren’t wrong about that. Her family saw what everyone else was doing to not just her daughter, but towards those other girls as well. It secretly caused them to be afraid of this side of Mary, because they have never seen her so angry towards everybody’s behavior before.

Last edited:
a2a7c4c3db2c35b5c6a3d8a739f909af.png

266c36f020aa79ee7c0f0458fbe21b40.png

84177bdbe34cd44d6d116049b27895bc.png

Chars: Everyone in the Ballroom

Aamir couldn't believe what he had just witnessed. First the earthquake, then the prophecy Andun read, and finally the fragments finding their ways to 7 young women, who all had different reactions. Aamir did take note of who got the Jasper fragment and saw it was the same lady he helped earlier. Before he could react though, there was commotion involving the Citrine Chosen and some Puranians. So much so it got the attention of their princes, Damian and Hunter. Hunter might be heir, but Aamir always preferred Damien because he at least tried to help out his country. And the actions of both princes solidified that opinion when Damien and confronted his subjects. Soon Hunter approached King Kamir and apologized. King Kamir had saw and heard what happened too.

Turning to Hunter, the king said, "Prince Damien is merely trying to help that poor young lady, Prince Hunter. I would think you of all people would understand that every subject under a ruler is valuable."

Aamir couldn't help but chime in.

"Besides that young lady IS the Chosen of your kingdom and is under obvious shock. You may not like Citrine's choice, but it picked her for a reason. Maybe Cistra's spirit had a hand in that. You ready to question the person who founded your kingdom and its ideals?"

Suddenly events really picked up when Aamir overheard some of his people and looked in the direction of where the Jasper Chosen was. One man confronted a woman who had grabbed the young lady. Aamir frowned at the woman's words regarding the Jasper Chosen. He looked to his father.

"Shall I handle this father?"

"Indeed. You're going to be king soon, so you need practice in handling these matters."

But before Aamir could go over there, Prince Hallbjorn confronted the woman first and Aamir had to sigh. It was nice of Prince Bjorn to help out, but this was a Muladi issue. No sooner had Bjorn stopped did the Aquamarine Chosen get involved and was obviously livid. Aamir looked at the Vinsumi royals for assistance there since the girl was from there. Moving quickly, Aamir moved through the crowd, who quickly move to give him room as he approached the Jasper Chosen and her mother. Taking his mask off, he turned to the mother first.

"We raise our children to be strong, not just physically, but in every other capacity. By shaming your daughter in such a way, you're shaming us all and making her weak. The Jasper chose your daughter for a reason. Maybe this was Queen Jennah's intent also since she created the stone and help create the prophecy. Would you dare question our founder's will? Now UNHAND YOUR DAUGHTER THIS INSTANT! That's an order!"

When she finally let her go, Aamir was quick to take the Jasper fragment from the ground and taking one of the young lady's hands, place back into her hand. Cupping the Chosen's hand around it, Aamir was quick to kneel.

"Chosen of the Jasper, I am sure you're scared and unprepared of what has been thrusted upon you, but rest assured, my family will do our upmost best to assist you on your quest. Andun?"

Andun had been watching everything from the sidelines when he heard Aamir ask for him.

"Yes, your highness?"

"The prophecy mentioned protectors, right?"

"Indeed. Each Chosen must bring one for protection."

Aamir nodded and stood back up and faced his father.

"Father, with your permission, I will be the Chosen of the Jasper's protector."

A large gasp amongst the crowd was heard. King Kamir nodded.

"Go with my blessing. I forbit anyone to harm the Chosen of the Jasper and as long as the other Chosen are in Mulada, they are under my family's protection as well." he announced.

Belinha couldn't believe all that had happened. After she took hold of the Carnelian, she looked to see who else got the other fragments and recognized the other women who had fainted like her. She got to her feet as things started happening with the Citrine and Jade Chosen. It was both sad and amusing at the same time. Sad because of how the girls reacted and how they got treated, especially the Citrine Chosen. Looked like one of the princes were handling that problem at least. At least Belinha thought the young man was a royal for she saw him standing with the other royals. Thing things really got crazy as things happened regarding the Jasper chosen. Belinha burst out in laughter when the Aquamarine Chosen got involved.

"Oh I like her!" Belinha commented.

Her siblings just shook their heads. When Prince Aamir got involved and eventually announced he would be the Jasper's Chosen protector. So Belinha needed to bring a protector huh?

"Looks like I need to bring someone for protection."

"Marco or I can go," Pedro said.

"But you two are fulling trained yet. It is better to send for one of our cousins for help since our other brothers are too busy." Maria stated.

"But time is of the essence Maria," Marco said.

"We don't have time to send for someone," added Pedro.

Belinha glanced in the direction of the Histadel royals, having recognized their garb instantly amongst the royals. She wondered if they should ask for their opinion. However, she had no time to bring this up as her parents showed up to the ball. Afonso and Emilia Basurto had been sleeping when the earthquake hit. They hid in a corner of their hotel and things crashed around them, but nothing fell on them thankfully. Worried for their children, they had made it to the palace and got instructions of where the ballroom was, but almost got lost a few times.

"Meus filhos (My children)!" Emilia cried as she and her husband approached the four and hugged and kissed them.

"Ach! I am fine mother, really!" groaned Marco.

"I know son, but your mother and I feared the worst," Afonso said.

Eventually the siblings got around to telling their parents what happened, and Emilia dragged Belinha back into her arms and cried.

"It'll be fine mama, I'll be fine," Belinha tried to assure her.

The Carnelian fragment was still safe within her hands.

Noirin was rendered speechless when Flaithri offered his assistance to her. What exactly was he saying? Before Noirin could ask, a lot of other things happened in regard to the other Chosen, from a few girls running off, both who she recognized as Stella and Asta, and another with the Chosen of Jasper and Aquamarine. Noirin looked for the other Chosen and managed to find them. One was Belinha, who got the Carnelian and the other was a dark hair woman who had the Sapphire. Noirin could feel her connection to all of them, only it felt stronger now.

"Mother, can you help me up please?"

Ingrid nodded and helped her daughter up. So much rested on these young ladies' shoulders. Ingrid was finally understanding more of last night's tarot reading. Her daughter always represented the Star and she had been surrounded by 6 others, all Major Arcana. And another 7 Major Arcana cards were paired with them, the Hermit being the one next to the Star. Ingrid had done so many reasons, but none ended up like this with every card either being a Suit Card or a Major Arcana. The outcomes were definitely troubling with the Tower (meaning total destruction) being one option or the World (total harmony) being the other. She paid attention when Noirin finally addressed Flaithri.

"I thank you for your help Flaithri. I don't know how you can help me though. I don't even know where to start."

"He can help you with one thing, Noirin. Prince Flaithri, why do you be my daughter's protector? You're well versed in the magical arts, and you demonstrated during that earthquake," Ingrid said.

It made perfect sense to her that Flaithri was the Hermit. He had been in insolation for so long and only now had come back.

After Prince Aamir got permission to be the Chosen of Jasper's protector, Andun decided to track down the Chosen of the Jade. He had seen her go off and was hoping for Prince Aalto to go after her but decided he should go himself. Andun silently left the ballroom and thanks to his magic, he was able to trace the Jade fragment and lucky for him the girl didn't get too far. And the Jade fragment was still following her. Murmuring a few words, he instantly teleported right in front of her. He reaches behind the girl to grab the floating Jade fragment and brings it in front of her where it floats in front of her face.

"Pardon me my dear, but did you hear the prophecy? I believe this belongs to you now. I can assure you the fragment didn't make a mistake." he said gently.

Last edited:
Mulada's Streets

Alright, saying catching up to her was easy wasn't quite true. Damian was confident in his athletic ability, but this girl could run. The only time he remembered feeling this outpaced by a girl was when he would hang around the common kids at home. One, in particular, came to mind; a bright girl with blonde hair not unlike the girl he was chasing right now. When she finally stopped, he walked over to her. "You...need...to...slow down...seriously, you're going to wear me out at this rate," he said, breathing heavily after running as much as he did. He took many deep breaths and then finally stood up straight to finally get a good look at the girl, and he couldn't stop staring once he did.

He could care less about the Citrine fragment in her hand. What he was more focused on was the girl herself. The moment he saw her face, he was reminded of the girl he would play with the most on the days he would take his trolls through the city. He only muttered a single word, her nickname, "Stel...."

He hadn't thought of Stel seriously in years, but she would always creep back up whenever he was stuck on a problem and needed a way through it.

He quickly realized that she must think him mad for staring and mumbling to himself or mad for her having run off with the fragment. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I saw what those jerk council members did and couldn't stand to leave you alone after that." He said, hoping to reassure her he wasn't angry. He figured Hunter would be furious when they returned, but he put that thought to the back of his mind. He kept his attention on the gold-dressed woman in front of him "I'm Damian Harvey-Lottway, the second prince of Puran. Honestly, I'm pretty sure if Andun said that the stone chose you, you keep it. Although my brother might disagree. Hey, we should probably get back to the ballroom at least so that King Kamir can maybe give you a place to stay while we figure all this out. If you don't want to go back, that's cool too. I'm not one for stuffy, uptight nitwits who only want what's best for them anyway. It's up to you, walk back or walk around. But I'm not about to leave a girl alone out here after an earthquake just happened." He said, gently closing her hand around the fragment.

Back in the Ballroom

Hunter was now furious with his brother. First, his brother disobeyed him, and then the council made further fools of themselves by getting scolded by some unknown common girl. To make things worse, after apologizing for his brother's impulsive actions, the King of Mulada agreed with Damian's method of handling things over his. He held in his frustration and addressed King Kamir, "Yes, you're right, your majesty. Forgive my short-sightedness. I'll think it through further for the future."

He hated being humbled, it didn't matter by who. He walked over to the Puranian council members, "Leave before you embarrass our proud nation any further. Reflect on what you have done. We will speak about this when we return to Puran." he said with a stern, commanding voice. He quickly took his place again with the other royals, his hands behind his back, fists clenched in anger. He kept a cool, calm face on the surface to mask the fury he felt.

Interaction: Zodia195 Zodia195 aurivee_ aurivee_

Last edited:
Jian Ishikawa

Interactions: Meeting Mary ( Blackrose7 Blackrose7 ) for the first time
Mentions: Hearing King Kamir and Prince Aamir's ( Zodia195 Zodia195 ) speech, thinking of Flaithri ( Dextra Dextra ) and others from the fragment room.

1667966148289.png

Jian stood silently, next to Meiying and slightly behind his parents. He watched as the crowd gathered around the royals, muttering and whispering among themselves as King Kamir stood proudly in the center, readying his speech to the rest of the populace. Glancing down, he saw his sister with a small and gentle smile, her own head swiveling slightly as she took in the view of everyone gathering. The young man couldn't see his parent's expressions but he could assume they kept a neutral outlook, standing almost perfectly still in a way that could be seen as robotic or creepy to some. Jian simply saw it as the norm and was glad that some things were still flowing smoothly. After this speech, however, Jian was to have a long and arduous talk with his parents about what had occurred in the fragment room.

King Kamir made a few steps forward, the crowd of people hushing almost instantly. Not only did the crowd compose themselves, but Jian could see out of the corner of his mask as some of the royals down the line stood a little straighter, refusing to be seen as incompetent around such a powerful man and important crowd. Jian listened with a small amount of interest at the speech, simply following along as the man was getting his final words in for the festivities. His interest peaked, however, upon learning that prince Aamir would soon turn 24, becoming king of Mulada. No doubt King Kamir would stick around as an important advisor and parental figure for his son, but seeing as there would be a monarchy change, there was sure to be news buzzing throughout the kingdoms after the night was over. His brother would be particularly interested.

Taking his hands out of his sleeves, Jian gave a short and polite rhythm of clapping, following shortly after the crowd upon hearing the news. Surely his parents would drag him and his sister over to prince Aamir to officially congratulate him in private and begin a closer relationship with the soon-to-be king. Ah, just another task on the agenda for the night...

Just as prince Aamir bowed his head to the crowd, the ground began to shift. Rumbling could be felt inside the entire palace as an earthquake began to shake everyone to their core. Plates shattered, people fell and screams were heard as panic began to settle in. Jian was wide-eyed, taking action almost immediately as his crisis training kicked in. Wrapping an arm around Meiying's shoulder, he squeezed her tight to his chest and quickly took a knee with her in tow. He tensed his legs, ready to spring out of his position in case anything were to fall on his head. He watched as his father did the same for his mother. Thankfully (or not with how you think about it), Vinsumi did get regular earthquakes every year. Most of the time they were small to medium shockwaves that passed over rather quickly. But this one was lasting far longer than any earthquake he had experienced. Not to mention it was happening here, in Mulada. During his studies of natural terrain and the advantages of all the kingdoms, Jian hadn't read one piece that told of deadly Mulada earthquakes having been a thing.

Andun, along with another man in the crowd, began to channel magic. This quelled the tremors quite a bit and let Jian's vision settle. Ah, so it was that other man who had been in the fragment room with everyone else. He tucked the little info away so that he could do magic and slowly rose to his feet, bringing his sister along with him. Finally, after what felt like hours, the earthquake stopped. The sudden shift from shaking violently to just...nothing, was extremely jarring. Jian felt himself get a little queasy at the sensation but pushed it aside as soon as he heard a slump off to the side. He saw with bated breath as Andun collapsed to his knees breathing heavily as sweat began to pour down his face. Narrowing his eyes, Jian reached up and took his mask off, simply tossing it aside. Glancing down once more to check in with his sister, he watched as Meiying gave him a nod of assurance that she was ok. His parents were off to the side with no visible injuries as well. Thank Anya.

A few minutes passed as people checked in with their families. Some of the royal guards even went off to grab a chair for Andun. The night slowly turned into more of an oddity as Andun procured a scroll from his waist and began reading a prophecy. Jian closed his eyes, taking the words to heart as his mind began to race. Of course, the prophecy wouldn't be so clear-cut. Riddles and vagueness seemed to fall hand in hand with important world-ending threats, and Jian could feel his eye twitch slightly in annoyance. At the mention of the fragments finding their chosen, Jian let his eyes open and scanned the crowd again. A few faces came to mind. Kajsa, the woman with the strange mask, and the other girls that had fainted in the room. That was one of the only strange events that happened this faithful night, and Jian could see the connection now between the fragments and the power to knock someone right out of consciousness.

His father gave a stern nod at King Kamir's request to release the fragments here and now. Meiying gave a slight gasp as they began to float, a very feint yet ethereal glow to each of them. People watched and gasped as many of them flung off into different directions, yet none of them took to outside the palace. Jian ignored every single fragment except for the one that represented Vinsumi...the Aquamarine. He followed it like a hawk, trying to decipher where it would go, if to anyone, inside the palace. His eyes widened partially, dropping his facial guard as the fragment stopped moving and simply hovered next to a young woman. It was the same woman that he had failed to catch, and the one that the large mountain man had taken out for healing. There was lots of conflict around Jian, people shouting and calling out this and that about not being the right chosen among the entire crowd, but Jian stayed hyper-fixated on the girl, taking note of how she would react to the supposed choosing of Anya, their founder.

She immediately gained a few points in Jian's little book as she didn't try and grab the fragment from the get-go. Good. She seemed to understand that the Aquamarine would choose someone, not simply be caught like a rare golden stag. He felt himself nodding at her thought process, watching her as she tested the water and moved slightly and observed in a cause-and-effect way. Of course, the fragment moved along with her body and Jian was confident that the girl had been chosen. Glancing over at his parents, he saw them already looking down at him with a small smile. His sister gave him a smirk as his face began to heat up ever so slightly at being caught staring so instantly. "Let us go and greet our chosen, yet?" Lingyun spoke, his voice deep and smooth.

“…THAT’S IT! I AM TOUCHING THE FRAGMENT UPON SEEING THE DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR OF YOU PEOPLE!”

Jian's eyes widened as he twirled around, his mouth opening in silent awe and surprise at the loud, harsh words splitting the air. He felt all of those imaginary points he checked off slowly disappear as the girl snatched the stone out of the air. What in Anya's name was she doing? Clearly, she was from Vinsumi, her dress and what he assumed was her family, comforting the fact. But here she was, chosen for such a respectful and life-changing journey, and she was screeching at the top of her lungs, embarrassing her entire kingdom. If only Jian had looked around, he would have noticed other kingdoms having the same issues that Vinsumi was having. Sadly, the man was too appalled by her brashness and willingness to immediately rake her name through the mud, upon gaining such an important mission.

He didn't notice as prince Aamir gave his family a glance but thankfully his father had. Lingyun frowned slightly and gave an understanding nod back to Aamir, from across the way. Not a great impression on a soon-to-be king, that's for sure. Gliding forward, the Emperor of Vinsumi placed his hand on Jian's shoulder and shook it slightly to get his attention. Jian closed his mouth almost immediately, realizing he was standing and staring as if someone had just been murdered in front of him. "Don't lose control of your emotions so easily my son." His kind voice turned slightly hostile at the end, emphasizing the word son as a sort of way to remind Jian that he was royalty. Gulping, Jian stood up straighter than before and nodded. "Good. Now, let us go greet our chosen one and try to calm her nerves. Surely this night is stressful for everyone."

Walking with his mother and father, his sister at his side, Jian caught the last few words from the girl's mouth just as they approached. “Don’t apologize to them, mom. They all deserve it, because they are all despicable people.” Jian found his fist clenching inside his robes, both annoyance and slight jealousy blossoming inside his head. Didn't she realize how much of a scene she was creating and how much this could have been prevented if she had kept her mouth shut? Oh, how he wished he could tell her that himself, but of course, Jian did what he did best. Held his tongue. It wouldn't be good to become a hypocrite, especially now of all times.

"Now now. I'm sure we can all agree that whatever occurred can be easily forgiven." His father spoke, gliding silently towards Mary and her family. "I do not know exactly what happened for such aggression to be shown, but..." He glanced around the crowd, many of them averting their eyes and many Vinsumian's simply choosing to bow and hide their faces. "...a tiger does not often bare their fangs unprovoked." He chuckled, easing the air a small bit as he backed off and walked back over to Jian and his family. Jian got a closer look at the girl now. Her nose seemed to be fine from the fall earlier, though just below it was a frown as prominent as could be, obviously upset with the entire situation. Her blonde hair and blue eyes were very prominent and Jian could feel that he wouldn't be forgetting her face anytime soon after tonight.

Jian crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at Mary. Stepping forward a little, he gave her a stern look. "While my father is correct, that doesn't necessarily excuse your actions as well Miss. From my understanding, you are now the Chosen of Anya. You represent Vinsumi and its ideals as a whole, something I hope you take to heart and attempt to fix throughout your journey." He spoke down to her, a small amount of his annoyance leaking out. "Lest you bring disappointment to all of us." He finished coldly. Jian wanted to get it through everyone's heads that they had no choice in this matter, Mary having been technically accepted by the royal family and 'encouraged' was supposed to push aside any of their concerns about the chosen. He had to admit, though, that he may have come across as a tad too harsh.

He felt two hands come down on his shoulders, his mother giving him a small smile of encouragement from the back. She leaned forward to the crowd slightly, closed her eyes, and spoke softly. "Which is why Jian will be right beside her, ensuring her growth~"

Jian nodded with a smile, closing his own eyes. "Yes, exactly, which is why I'll be....uh" Jian opened his eyes upon realizing just what exactly his mother said. Turning his head slightly, he looked at her and gulped again. "I'll be doing what mother?"

"Why you'll be traveling with our dearest chosen, won't you Jian? With you by her side, everyone in Vinsumi can rest assured that our chosen will be safe from harm." She giggled and let go of his shoulders. "Perhaps you'll even teach her a few things about how to better herself. This is what you wanted, yes?" She said in a sickeningly sweet tone. Jian felt everything crashing down on his back, the weight of everything that happened today finally taking its toll on the young prince. Looking over her shoulder, he could see his father give him a nod and his sister holding back, probably, one of the biggest laughs she's ever had in public. Sighing, he looked back towards the girl, meeting her blue eyes with his own green ones, and looked back over to his mother. With a simple nod, he slumped and spoke. "O-of course. I volunteer to protect and help guide our chosen throughout her journey. As an Ishikawa, and a general of the great Kingdom Vinsumi, I will see this task done to the end." He gave a great bow towards his family, each of his family members bowing back in an understanding and respectful way, though they silently hid their own amusement and anticipation of sending Jian off. The boy knew that this was the best course of action. Not only had they appeased the crowd by offering a Vinsumi royal, but they had also bolstered the entire group with someone with real military experience.

Moving away from his family and ignoring the small claps and such from the crowd around them, Jian stood in front of Mary and her family. Lowering his head, Jian spoke with a renowned natural tone. As he would now travel with her, it was best to not antagonize their relationship any further. "I am Jian Ishikawa, second prince and military general to the royal bloodline. Might I know your name, Anya's chosen?"

» Mary Feldstein
『 TAGGED 』 LieutyXII LieutyXII
Mood: Shocked, crying, and oh god no.
Mentions: Nadia Zahra and Stella Ainsley

Things got more interesting when Emperor Lingyun’s voice was heard. This got her family to bow down towards Vinsumi’s royal family upon realizing who they are, so they can show their respect to them. However, Mary just stood there like a deer in headlights upon seeing the royal family from her kingdom. She knew she was in some kind of trouble for her behavior, and was expecting them to give her a proper scolding for it. ‘Oh god. I seriously screw up if the emperor and his family are in front of me and my family.’ thought Mary.
The poor girl now wanted to run away from this situation out of the pure fear she was feeling, but her damn feet didn’t want to move from their temporary paralysis state.
To hide the fact how the emperor's family was scaring her pretty badly with a possible scolding attempt of theirs. She did the only thing they could think of, which was to stare at them with a blank expression on her face. That trick of hers always creeps anyone out who isn’t from her family. But her family knew how this was Mary’s coping mechanism before the crying happened.
Once Emperor Lingyun was done saying how he doesn’t know what happened. What Jian said to them only made her current expression more intense. It was enough to creep anyone out who wasn’t from her family. In fact, that trick of hers only happened, because her grandma taught Mary how to stop crying so much as a little kid. Their little trick to stop crying in front of her family had creeped them out in the beginning, but when they learned how their grandma taught her a “stop crying so much” trick. They just accept it when Mary does that trick to them, because they get to remind her to let the tears come out.

When Jian was done with the scolding, her family got up from their bowing position to poke poor Mary’s left arm out of her fear state. That caused the water works to happen, but for some reason, she wasn’t doing their usual wailing. Instead, they were making quiet whimpering sounds from their mouth.
“I think you broke her with the scolding, your highness.” said Sarah. “I don’t blame big sis for reacting like that. The other Vinsumians were mean to them. The girl with the Jasper fragment was shut down on making their decision by her own mom, and the Puranians were awful enough to invade not just their chosen’s personal space. But they invaded her privacy by forcing them to remove their mask against her will.”
Sarah had to explain Mary’s behavior to the emperor’s family, since Mary was still having her crying fit. Robert explained the rest, for Mary wasn’t calm enough to talk to them yet.
“This isn’t the first time my little sister got herself into a mess like this. They went on a rebellion streak in Vinsumi ever since she was ten years old. Our parents would constantly preach about Anya’s ideals to all of us, but Mary had it the worst out of the three of us. They would try to get her to talk to us, themselves, or some strangers from our shipping business against her will.” said Robert. “Please show some mercy towards her, because that little wallflower of ours is normally not a very talkative person.”
Her parents didn’t respond to what Robert said to Emperor Lingyun’s family, because they knew what they did to their kids was wrong. They just wanted them to be able to talk to other people like a normal person, so they can find their own future and happiness.

Eventually, Mary stopped crying by the time Jian’s mother told Jian how he was going with her. “Wait what?!” said Mary, who was shocked by this. She didn’t want to be anywhere near the emperor’s family after dealing with this situation, so for the empress to decide on their second son to be her guardian had kinda freaked her out a bit. ‘This can’t be happening to me. I don’t want a prince who just scolded me a few minutes ago to be my guardian.’ thought Mary.
They want to tell the empress how that was a big mistake, but she wasn’t able to get her voice to come out. Mary wasn’t able to say a single word towards the empress, since they knew it wouldn’t matter. It was decided no matter what, Jian was going to be her guardian for their journey, but it doesn’t mean she would have a good relationship with him.

When the emperor’s family moved away from Mary and her family, as a way for Jian to be with her. He started it off by introducing his name and his titles to them.
Mary didn’t respond to what Jian said in an instant, because she was thinking of what she should say to him. “My name is Mary Feldstein, and…” said Mary, who was then prevented from saying the rest of that sentence by Robert covering her mouth.
“That is as far as you will go, Mary. I know what you are going to say next isn’t a good thing, so I am just going to prevent your big mouth from causing any more trouble.” said Robert.
Mary licked Robert’s hand, so he would remove it from her mouth. As soon as her plan worked, she threw a spitball at what she was going to say in her sentence towards Jian. “Just because you are my protector. It doesn’t mean I would do exactly what you tell me to do through your lessons.” said Mary, smugly.
She got smacked on the back of her head by her big brother, since he knew they were being a bit of a stubborn idiot when that came out of her mouth.
“Damn it, Mary. You really need to stop trying to cause drama here.” said Robert, as he then looked at Jian. “You got my permission to smack her on the back of the head if she goes too far with her shenanigans, Jian. Especially if she becomes way too stubborn to do something.”
“Ow, and please don’t smack me on the head like that.” said Mary.
“Then behave while you are with Jian. If you don’t, I am going to take away the shamisen from your room.” said Robert.
“No! Please don’t take away my shamisen!” said Mary. That definitely got her attention for sure.
“Then listen to Jian, and you better do the same thing with the other chosens and their guardians.” said Robert.
“Fine.” said Mary, pouting.
She can’t believe how Robert was showing Jian how to deal with her.
“If the shamisen threat doesn’t work on her. Threaten them with a bug, since she hates them.” said Robert.
“Oh god. Don’t tell Jian about the bug threat!” said Mary, panicking. They weren’t happy with how her big brother was giving Jian ammo against her.
“Too late. I already did, and it gives you more reasons to behave on your journey.” said Robert.
“I hate you so much, Robert.” said Mary.
“Love you too, you little bull.” said Robert.
“I am not a bull!” said Mary, who wasn’t expecting that nickname.
“Bull. Bull. Bull. BULL!” said Robert.
“Stop it!” said Mary, who was annoyed by this
“What? You know I am right, because you keep piercing your problems like a bull would do with their horns.” said Robert.
“…Ok. I can’t disagree with you on that.” said Mary.
Eventually, the two of them stop talking to each other until Sarah has something to say to Jian.
“So, do you think Mary is pretty, Jian?” said Sarah.
“Sarah, no!” said Mary, since she knew what her little sister was doing.
“Oh, come on. I have every right to flirt with a cute prince like him, and he isn’t even your boyfriend, Mary.” said Sarah.
“Even so, I won’t let you do that to him.” said Mary.
“Too bad, because I am going to do it anyway.” said Sarah, smirking.
“I am so sorry about my little sister’s behavior. She does this towards every hot guy she sees.” said Mary.

Last edited:
Location| Masquerade Ball
Interaction| Blackrose7 Blackrose7 , Zodia195 Zodia195 , The Grand Fool The Grand Fool
Mention| Basically everyone in the ball room​

She couldn't breathe, she couldn't breathe, she couldn't breathe. Her mind shutting down, anything and everything that was around her turned into an incoherent mess. A mass of swirling words and wavering shadows, the bodies of those around her blurred and meshed into one. She didn't know when the tears started, hadn't realized that she had begun to cry till the first shuddering breath left her lips. Frantically she tried blinking them away, her pale hands rubbing fervently against her eyes, in a vain attempt to smother them. It didn't work, they kept on falling faster and faster. What a mess she must have looked,crying as her mother argued with those around them, how pathetic and weak she must have seemed in their eyes. If they had any doubt about her being the supposed chosen, this certainly changed them, her mother was right. She wasn't worthy.

What do you know of worth?” faltering in her tears, the young woman was startled at the voice that stopped her mother's tirade of insults. Looking up, the blurry image of an outlander appeared before her, it faintly registered in her brain that she had seen him somewhere-the same blurred image standing firm next to another-far more graceful silhouette. The man began to talk, a strange accent heavily present in his voice yet that wasn't what she was focused on, nor the gruffnes of his appearance. It was his words, as they poured out, she felt them wash over her. The longer he spoke, the more she listened, the more furious her mother became.

Are we made worthy by our pedigrees? The clothes we wear? The man or woman we marry? Are we made worthy because of some ideal we hold? Are we even worthy?What is the worth of a mortal? We live,we die.'' The naked truth of his words had Nadia's mother hold on her daughter's arm tightened, nails digging further into her flesh, the girl didn't flinch nor did she make a sound. Her mind was repeating those words, over and over, until they blurred together.

Her destiny is uncontrolled by you unless she chooses it '' if only that was true, her mind whispered, looking away from the angry flush face of her mother. She felt guilty for wanting those word to be true, for wanting to do something other than what her mother wished, the thought burned her but instead of cowering away from it. She embraced it, the strange warmth returning, filling her. If only those words could be her reality, yet the truth of the matter was she owed too much to her mother to follow blindly the words of a stranger.

“How dare you-you brute decide to interfere in a personal matters” her mother seethed, glaring at the back of the retreating stranger, her voice didn't raise enough for him to hear though, Nadia had a feeling that her mother didn't want the stranger to hear her, that a part of her had been shaken by him. “It's only my right too-

How dare you try to replace your daughter's voice with your own!” the harshness of the speaker, the loudness of it, had both mother and daughter jumping slightly. A familiar figure, one that had Nadia's face flushing for a completely different reason, began to rain down words of rebuke towards her mother. The startled woman, having forgotten what she was going to say instead turned her anger towards Nadia, leaning down to whisper hardly in her ear. “This is the thanks I get for raising you all these years? You dare allow them to humiliate me like this” her breath was warm against Nadia's skin, yet if felt like someone had slapped her. New tears began to form, to the young woman's frustration, and she ended up just silently glare down at her feet as she continued to listen to the both of them. Feeling useless, powerless that there was nothing she could do to stop this nightmare of a moment from spiraling.

“”Even if your mother doesn't think you are worthy. Someone else would think you are” suddenly it was her receiving the attention, suddenly she was being drowned in the warmth of kindness, the smile directed her way had her feeling as if she could believe her words. She didn't have the heart to tell her that it was only her mother she had, there was no “someone else”. It was her mother and her mother alone. Yet her mouth pulled into a small smile in return, even if the other girl's attention was drawn elsewhere, the warmth still remained.

The audacity of these outsiders” Then it was gone and she pulled back to the reality of the situation, she was still her mothers, nothing had changed. “How dare they think they could involve themselves in my matters! If the king knew-

The king might not but his highness is well aware” the same nobel from before spoke, a smug look on his face as he and the rest of the crowd made way for a figure. She felt the change in her mothers emotion, from the way the color drained from her face to the slight tremor of her hands. It seemed she wasn't the only one to notice, those around her shooting her mother mocking glances, eyes glinting with glee at the prospect of her being humiliated by the crown prince of Mulada, Prince Aamir.

Y-your highness” her mother's voice shook, but before she could get a word in, the prince spoke. It all seems to be happening as if it was a dream. It must have been, nothing else could possibly have made sense otherwise. The prince was speaking in her defense, her, Nadia daughter of “temptress”. A Bastard child without a father, she couldn't believe her ears when he commanded her mother to let go of her-which she did quickly. The crescent moon shaped indentation had her wincing slightly, how hard had her mother been holding her for a mark to be left behind?

The dream turned stranger, the prince was kneeling in front of her, holding her hands within his, He had placed the stone fragment back within her palm, its warmth wasn't compared to how hot her face was. Was he comforting her? Why, she didn't think she was important enough to earn the concern of the crown prince, but here he was. From the corner of her eye, she could see the emotion of her mother shifting slowly from anger to something else. Something that had her turning cold.

"Yes, your highness?"

"The prophecy mentioned protectors, right?"

"Indeed. Each Chosen must bring one for protection."

Aamir nodded and stood back up and faced his father.

"Father, with your permission, I will be chosen as Jasper's protector."

The crowd gasped, Nadia gasped, Her mother gasped-it felt like the whole hall gasped. Was she hearing things correctly, yet the king-when had he arrived? Was nodding his approval, agreeing with his son and Nadia found herself once again swept in her mothers embrace as she beamed happily down at her daughter.

Y-your hi-i i can't-” she splutters, trying to remove her head from her mother smothering embrace, yet kept getting pushed back down, her mother turning a beaming smile towards the prince.

It tis an honor to have you protect my daughter, Nadia, my poor heart can rest at ease now” she sighed, fluttering her lashes innocently, “you have to understand i was only worried for her, as her mother i wouldn't know what i would do if i placed her in harm's way but knowing you will be there for her has placed me at ese. She of course is grateful aren't you

Ye-yes i am b-but!

"And happily accepts" cutting Nadia off, her mother turning her smile back to the prince. The only person she truly cared about at the moment. Some of the crowd scoffed at her attitude, mocking laughter filtering through the crowd.

"Look at her, clearly she's an opportunist" someone loudly whispered, "what a quick change of attitude-worried mother, please"

"She obviously only saying this because of the prince" another chimed in, "I feel bad for the child"

Nadia felt her face grow hot, finally managing to fight her way out of her mothers arm, she bowed towards the prince. "I'd like to apologize for my mother's behavior and thank you for your generous offer but-" she trailed off, clearing her throat. She was going to say she didn't believe herself worthy, but the echoes of those who had stood up for her, the prince's words of comfort, had her standing up taller, clutching the Jasper stone within her hands she looked at Aamir the eye.
I'll do my best to represent our kingdom well

Last edited:

SoI
AALTO AENON
Aalto had instinctively dropped to a crouch when the ground started shaking, fingers splayed on the dais to help maintain his balance. Anahaly was well known for its frequent earthquakes and this experience was nothing new to the prince. It was because of this that it took a few seconds for him to process that he was not, in fact, at home in Anahaly but in the desert nation of Mulada where earthquakes are not common at all. The rising screams from the people around him reminded him of that. There were people from all over here that may have never stood through an earthquake in their life. Movement across the dais caught Aalto's eye, and he watched as Prince Flaithri stumbled closer to the crowd, throwing up a shoddy barrier in an attempt to protect the people closest to him from potential fatality as cracks began to appear in the castle around them.

I should help too, Aalto thought, crawling forward on hands and knees. He pictured his own barrier in his mind, sending it out as far as he could reach over the heads of the crowd - an umbrella, of sorts, to shelter them from falling debris. He was grateful in this moment that barrier magic was common in Anahaly and that if nothing else he could do this thing.

When the shaking finally stopped, Aalto didn't immediately release his barrier. He kept it there, hovering above the people standing closest to the stand where the Royals were gathered. Damage to the structures could still result in the ceiling or walls crashing around them. It wasn't until several minutes had passed that he released the tension in his shoulders and let the shield dissipate. During this time, Aalto listened with a sinking heart to the words of King Kamir and Andun. A prophecy of destruction if the 7 chosen - the women who had fainted at the stones, most likely - did not succeed in reuniting the fragments and bringing balance back to the world. His suspicions were confirmed when the fragments were released and he watched as they flew around the room, stopping in front of the women whose faces were vaguely familiar to him from the brief interactions in the fragment room earlier. And as the fragments found their chosen, chaos ensued.

Aalto watched in disbelief as the Puran chosen was assaulted by her people and fled the room; as the Vinsumi chosen was mocked by the nobles around her and proceeded to yell and berate people from many nations; as the Mulada chosen's own mother slapped the stone from her hand and screeched about the girl's unworthiness. He didn't blame the people really - they had just been foretold about world doom, and fear was sure to take over - but it was like they had lost all their morals and respect as people.

People. Where were his people? Where was the chosen of Anahaly? The girl he had helped earlier, the girl who had fainted, had been from Anahaly. And she had left before the speech had even started. Shit, Aalto cursed. He shouldn't have allowed himself to be distracted by the problems of the other kingdoms, he should have been focused on his own. Especially because he was the only royal representative of Anahaly here and it was his responsibility to make sure their chosen was safe. Did Asta even know what was going on? Had she heard the speech? What would she think when a floating rock suddenly started pursuing her through the city?

Cursing again, Aalto crossed the ballroom, heading for the exit he had thought he'd seen Asta leave through when he'd last seen her. Where did she go? He asked for a girl by her description from the people he did passed by once out of the main room and was relieved to know they had seen her only a few minutes before. He was going the right way.

After passing down several halls that led towards the exit, Aalto saw her. Andun was standing In front of the girl, blocking her way. "Pardon me my dear, but did you hear the prophecy? I believe this belongs to you now. I can assure you the fragment didn't make a mistake." The wise wizard said gently as he plucked the floating stone out of the air and placed it into her hand. Aalto let out a breath of relief, glad that Andun had caught up to her. The man would better be able to explain the situation than he would if she hadn't heard it all before.

"I wasn't expecting to see you so soon, Lady Asta," Aalto added as way of greeting, keeping an easy and apologetic smile on his face as he came to stand by Andun. "But it seems it is the end of the world, and duty calls, doesn't it?" The prince had meant to make a joke to lighten the situation, but mentally kicked himself instead. The end of the world probably wasn't the best thing to bring attention to when you're trying to diffuse tension.

Flaithrí

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Shiro Sagisu

Fate

"this is a dialogue,"

Flaithrí's face was flushed with embarrassment, as evidenced by a noticeable red tint on his cheeks. While acting on instinct, he had placed himself on one knee in front of someone of the opposite gender, an action very similar to that of a marriage proposal, and while the words he said were nothing like that, he couldn't help but feel embarrassed. It didn't help that he was doing it to a woman of noble birth, his childhood best friend, a woman Flaithrí found beautiful, and while Noirin was a lovely lady, Flaithrí was far from ready to court. His thoughts continued to wander, sinking deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. He was certain that some of his fellow Sasurenians would be gossiping about this development, being the gossipy people that they can be, especially those who had missed his words or were distracted by other events.

Speaking of the other goings-on, Flaithrí had done his best to ignore them, but even the usually optimistic Flaithrí struggled to justify the wrongdoings. This was his first meeting with people from other countries in 15 years, and he couldn't have been more disgusted by some of their actions. It all started with the Puranians and their disgusting invasion of their chosens personal space and choice. Then there was a Mulani mother trying to control her daughter's life, and a hint of her pain radiated deeply within Flaithrí, despite the fact that their circumstances were different, Flaithrí knew what it was like to be born to the wrong people and be forced to do things they didn't want to do, but Flaithrí found a way out, an opportunity many others could not. A third source of uproar was the Vinsumians, who had taken to actively bullying their chosen, who in turn lashed out, and while Flaithrí agreed with her lashing out, her choice of words would not have been what he picked.

Flaithrí did not become involved in any of the ongoing situations, but his earlier embarrassment had been replaced by a look of pain and sadness.
"Why should I protect a world so full of evil?"
While the thought crossed his mind, his usually optimistic personality kept his demeanor from darkening. He knew evil would never completely vanish from the world, he wasn't that naive, but he would do his part to help the rays of light shine brighter and become the protector the world needed, in more ways than he could imagine. His thoughts finally came to a halt with the words spoken by Ingrid, and his mind went blank.

"I didn't mean that at all; I meant I'd be your sponsor."
It was the first thought that came to Flaithrí's mind as he took a few seconds to process the request; after his big promise, he couldn't just say such a thing. A smile spread across his face as he considered the positives: he would have the opportunity to travel the world, meet new people, learn new skills, and, most importantly, gain more knowledge. He was almost foaming at the mouth as this last thought occurred to him; no one knew what this journey held in store for them, where it would take them, or what they could learn, and this was enough to make him ignore the negatives. He was drawn to knowledge like a moth to light, a dog to a treat, or a cat to a fish; his insatiable thirst for knowledge would have him walk across burning coal barefoot if it meant he could learn even the most trivial thing. The chance to help save the world piqued Flaithrí's interest, but to be honest, that was his second thought.

"Lady Ingrid, your words are too kind; I am a novice in my craft, and my actions during the earthquake could have been scenes from a play. Andun did all of the work, and my contribution was merely a display piece."
Flaithrí paused for a moment, taking a deep breath and gathering his thoughts.
"Your request is difficult but I would gladly serve as Noirin's protector during her travels, however I believe the decision should be hers and hers alone."
Flaithrí was still down on one knee, his gaze fixed on Noirin.

"Moments before the world was torn asunder, I looked to the sky, and the sight was unlike any other. The night shone with light, like eyes from far beyond yonder. What they watched was fate unfolding to destiny—your destiny, Noirin, intertwined with mine. I'm not the strongest or the fastest; my strength is yet untested, but every ounce of it I offer to you. So what say you, Noirin Fitzpatrick? Will you allow me to take your hand in this adventure? To protect you? watch over you? To ensure the stars get the journey they require?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Salvador Cesar Allegro Monterio
Every leaf has a mystery, and ever person has a pet peeve.

Imma just close my eyes for a second...

On his back, Salvador looked up dazed. He was standing on a stage... oh yeah, the king of Mulada was giving a speech. And then... he fell asleep? But why is there so much screaming? Wincing, the prince slowly sat up. He saw his two brother's walk as slow as they could without looking like they were enjoying it.

"My oh my, looks like someone's had a fall," the eldest snickered. "Then again, you couldn't handle the extra feet the stage gave you."

"Brother, not now," the other one said, kneeling down and frowning. "Unfortunately the wizard is currently busy, so you'll have to wait for your nose. Here, lets get you some water."

With his brother as support, Salvador made his way to the buffet. Or what was the buffet. Food had fallen off the table, and it took some searching to find enough water to wash the princes face. "You missed all the fun stuff," the eldest teased. "The gems all went flying and 'chose' a girl from each of the nations. And then one girl's mother had a freak fest."

"And then the Anja's third prince came forward and did quite the eloquent speech. Then another chosen girl hammered on the mom. And then the crowned prince of Mulada came forward and offered to be her escort. Apparently the prophecy the wizard read says each girl needs an escort. Although the one from Anja doesn't look like she needs one."

"Huh?" Was all Salvador could say before his brother's suddenly smiled at each other.

"Talking about escorts, I think we just found Histadel's chosen girl's escort," the middle brother smiled broadly.

"Dearest Sal, I don't think you know this, but there is a bet going around the ladies circle in our kingdom about which one of us three will... produce a grandchild for our dear parents. With your social charm, none of them betted on you. So with the help of a lady friend, we have betted on you," the eldest smirked. "Don't disappoint us."

"Friends, strangers, people of the kingdoms," the middle child called out. "Histadel's third prince, Salvador Cesar Allegro Monterio, has offered to be the escort of our kingdoms stone's chosen girl. What have you to say?"

With the daze gone, the dire predicament suddenly dawned on Salvador. His brothers! How could they? Looking around regaining his composure he walked forward to the lady with the Carnelian stone. Smiling widely he knelt before her.

"Kind lady, may I be of use to you, and a protection from the dangers that our travels will bring us through," he said sweetly, internally cursing his brother's the whole time. "I, Third Prince Salvador Cesar Allegro Monterio, offer myself as your escort."

Code By Nano

a2a7c4c3db2c35b5c6a3d8a739f909af.png

266c36f020aa79ee7c0f0458fbe21b40.png

84177bdbe34cd44d6d116049b27895bc.png

Chars: Nadia Paradiso Paradiso , Jian LieutyXII LieutyXII , Mary Blackrose7 Blackrose7 , Salvador The Grand Fool The Grand Fool , Flaithri Dextra Dextra

Aamir aimed a stern look at the Jasper's Chosen's mother at her complete 180 turn-around. He stood up after the Chosen accepted his offer though. He was momentarily distracted though by what was happening nearby with the Vinsumi Chosen, her family, and then the Vinsumi royal family. He couldn't help but chuckle and the Vinsumi Chosen. He did pick up that her name was Mary. Jian's mother volunteering him to protect Mary didn't surprise him either. He had met the rulers on numerous occasions and knew the queen could be crafty.

"Well, Jian, at least I'll have a good sparring partner on this journey," he commented with a smile.

Aamir trained every day and it helped to have someone on his level to train with. He then turned back to his kingdom's own Chosen.

"My lady, might I inquire you name please?"

He turned sharply to the Chosen's mother.

"And that question was for her ma'am, not you."

Belinha and her family were a bit shocked when the Histadel Royal family approached them. And their jaws dropped when the two older princes volunteered the third prince to protect Belinha. Belinha herself thought she was imagining things when Prince Salvador knelt before her and offered his services. She almost felt like a fairytale princess and felt giddy. But she shook her head a bit. This was no fairytale, but reality and she did need a protector.

"Hey sis, you going to answer his highness?" giggled Maria, who was the first to recover from his shock.

Belinha looked at her sister and recognized that look she was giving her. She was teasing her.

"I was just about to Maria!" she said before turning to the prince.

"I'd be honored to have you help me, Prince Salvador. I'll do my best to not be a burden for you too."

"Tsk, be careful your highness, our baby sister is a handful," joked Marco.

"And feisty." added Pedro.

"Only because the two of you are annoying! I can be nice. Asked dad, he calls me his little angel all of the time."

"All right you three, that's enough," Afonso scolded.

Emilia turned to Salvador again and said, "Thank you again your highness. I'll sleep better at night knowing she's in capable hands. Belinha is my youngest so I can't help but worry about her a lot."

"I'll be fine, mother. I'll do my best to get the Carnelian and protect Histadel. I don't want the same thing that happened here to happen there." Belinha said, determination in her voice.

Noirin frowned slightly as Flaithri put himself down.

"I remember that you always took your studies serious, Flaithri. I think you can do anything if you put your mind to it."

"My daughter is right your highness. The fact that you sought to protect others is a good indicator you will do what you can for their sake. Now Noirin, you were asked a question, will you give him your answer?"

Noirin looked at her mother before looking at the prince again. Suddenly she remembered, he did ask to be her protector.

"Oh yes, I'd be happy to have you come with me on this journey, Flaithri. I don't have any means to protect myself."

"And I thank you too, Prince Flaithri. I'll be sure to get word to your family of what has happened," Ingrid said before looking around and noticing other princes have stepped up to protect Chosen from their kingdoms.

Noirin looked around too and commented, "I've noticed something. The other Chosen are girls who've fainted when they saw the fragments. That can't be a coincidence. I've felt some kind of connection to the ones I've met already. It felt similar to when I saw the Amethyst fragment. I still wish I knew where to start too."

She still had the fragment in her hand. It felt like an ordinary stone now, but she felt different already.

» Asta Ariti
『 Freedom 』
Mood(s) : Heart-attack, confusion (doubt), jesting and apologetic
Mention(s) : Andun and Aalto
Interaction(s) : Andun and Aalto

Asta was painfully aware of how a man had just popped in front of her from thin air and she immediately jumped back, feeling overwhelmed. She put her hand over her fast beating heart, still in shock. All she could feel was surprise. For a moment she stood frozen still in dismay that an elderly man had came out of thin air. The man then proceeded to grab something behind her, and trying to be polite she moved a bit. That was when the jade stone was floating, in front of her. She looked at the elderly man, "Oh! Are you the owner or... the one who is chosen?" she asked before he started.

"Pardon me my dear, but did you hear the prophecy? I believe this belongs to you now. I can assure you the fragment didn't make a mistake." he said gently.

The next words took many seconds for the dimwitted girl to understand. "Eh...? There was a prophecy?" she mumbled mostly at herself, however when he told Asta how the Jade stone belonged to her now. Her green eyes widened. "Did I just win a lottery?" Asta's mouth hung slightly open, "Did we do a lottery? Did I just miss it?" she asked herself, while still trying to process... the stone was put in her hand and once it again it was beautiful. It reminded her of a vast ocean if she looked long enough, she looked at the older man... he looked important. Drat. She felt her head go to chaos. What if he was someone really important and her rambling annoyed him. He would most likely order her name. "I-" her voice was cut short when she turned her head at a familiar voice.

"I wasn't expecting to see you so soon, Lady Asta," Aalto added as way of greeting, keeping an easy and apologetic smile on his face as he came to stand by Andun. "But it seems it is the end of the world, and duty calls, doesn't it?"

The olive-eyed lady felt overwhelmed however, once again doing an unfamiliar curtsy... maybe she should've just bowed like the men did since it seemed easier. She quickly changed the curtsy to a bow, looking at the... Prince. He was a prince. "Hello there, sir highness Prince Aalto?" she wondered why she had questioned saying hello she turned to the older man, "Um... I apologize... to you to Mr. Sir as well-" she did her best to imitate a man's bow. But her head already was full with confusion.

"End on the world?" she repeated, "I-I'm very sorry, I-I don't get it." she stammered beginning to crack a nervous smile. "Did I miss something?" she let out a nervous laugh, "It... It can't be that bad... right? Sure, there was a big earthquake and all... but surely..." her voice trailed off when she looked at the two gentlemen. "I have to go home." she told them both, "I-I'm very sorry but I have to leave. My brother's waiting for me." she told them both, "And his butt won't be moving a inch from when I left... so I have to go to him." she joked. But Asta could feel the heaviness in the mood. "I'm sorry, Mr. Sir," her eyes were full of apology to Andun, "I know you have said the stone... didn't make a mistake...? But I have to leave right now. I'm really sorry." she apologized once again. She looked frantic to get home she glanced at sir Aalto her mask hiding her expression, and she took a hesitant step to the left, trying to move, still hesitating.

code by @Nano

Andun

Chars: Aalto carrlavoie carrlavoie , Asta supermartinbros supermartinbros

The Jade Chosen looked very puzzled, which told Andun that she really didn't hear the prophecy. She started saying other stuff that kind of confused the old wizard. He was relieved when Aalto show up. It was obvious to him that he surprised the poor Jade chosen, but he wanted to prevent her from leaving, the biggest reason was he didn't know the state of the city or how much damage it suffered. It could be dangerous out there and he didn't know where the young lady was staying.

When Aalto made his comment though, Andun would have commented on that, but the young lady started speaking in a very panic state. People from Anahaly could get very emotional, and the poor girl was proving that right now. Wanting to calm her down, he gently place a hand on her shoulder and taping into the Jade fragment a bit, sent calming energy into her. When she finally calmed down, he finally spoke.

"Now my dear, I want you to listen carefully. I guess you don't recognize me, but I am Andun. The earthquake that just happened was created by the fragments reacting to one another. This means that the world is unbalanced. After the earthquake, I revealed a prophecy that was created by the Founders that foretold such an event. The fragments are to be united with the Stones otherwise this world will end. That earthquake was just the start of it. Only 7 can find the Stones. This is where you come in miss. The fragments would find these Chosen and the Jade fragment chose you. So it is yours now. Only you can find the Jade stone. Six other ladies from each of the other kinds were chosen too. I think you might recognize a few of them for I saw you with them in the room with the fragments. I hope you accept this mission, miss. You must bring one for protection too. As for your brother, is he here at the festival with you? Or when you said you had to go home did you mean Anahaly? If you mean the former, I am sure we can get King Kamir to have someone find your inn to check on the lad for it's too dangerous to go out there right now because earthquakes aren't known to Mulada so I don't know the state of things out there. If you mean the latter, I am afraid you still can't leave yet do to the danger. I would encourage you to accept this mission though, because no else can find the Jade, not even me. I am sorry I am asking a lot of you, but the world needs you and the other Chosen. If you're worry about your brother that much, I'll see what I can do to help him."

He looked to Aalto and said, "Prince Aalto, maybe your family can help out the lad too if need be."

Jian Ishikawa

Interactions: Chatting with Mary ( Blackrose7 Blackrose7 ) and her family, quipping in with Aamir ( Zodia195 Zodia195 )
Mentions: N/a

1668656292492.png

Jian was used to many different responses to the way he spoke, as well as the things he spoke. People would bow, absorb everything he spoke, salute or sometimes they would blow him off (mostly just his sister). Not once did Jian manage to make someone cry; but that’s exactly what he had just done with the new chosen. He tried to ignore her muted whimpering but even he wasn’t free from the small amount of guilt tugging at his conscience.

Jian listened silently to what Mary’s siblings said, inciting him to believe that she was actually in the right in this situation. Jian mentally wrestled with what to say in response to that, but couldn’t find a definitive decision and thus stayed silent; simply nodding to the two. On one hand, she was defending both herself and another innocent Chosen which Jian could find honor in. While he respected her decision as a person, as a prince he could only disapprove. It was not her place to defend the Jasper Chosen and Jian was almost positive that Prince Aamir would handle that with ease. As for her own defense, Jian could only tick points off for how wildly emotional she was being. A calm and stern talking to or simply ignoring the populace would have reigned as a much better response in his opinion.

She seemed to break out of her tearful episode with a “Wait what?!” as soon as she found out that he would be her traveling companion for the indefinite future. He was a little surprised at the tone, seemingly more offended and upset than just surprised. Not often did someone show such disdain at the thought of being around him (at least not out loud).

“My name is Mary Feldstein, and…” Jian watched with intent, silent but understanding. He would allow Mary to get her words out, even if he didn't particularly like what she had in store for him. It would be rude to interrupt someone, not to mention the guilt from before may have paved the path for Jian to treat the girl a little kinder. Perhaps the two of them had just gotten off on the wrong foot. Stress was in the air and he wouldn't be surprised if, after this faithful night, she would be back to an elegant maiden ready for a self-reflecting journey for Anya and her kingdom. Unfortunately, Jian only learned the girl's name as her supposed brother stepped in quickly to silence her. Slipping a hand around her mouth, the next few words that spilled out of her mouth were simply mumbles and nonsensical at best. “That is as far as you will go, Mary. I know what you are going to say next isn’t a good thing, so I am just going to prevent your big mouth from causing any more trouble.”

The second prince raised an eyebrow, his natural expression turning to one of intrigue. Looking behind him for a brief moment, he spotted Meiying crossing her arms and staring at Robert with an unreadable face. Jian could tell that his dear sister was getting annoyed despite her facade. Turning back to the pair, he watched as Robert wiped his hand off on his side with a disgusted and annoyed look on his face. Before Jian could figure out what had happened, Mary stepped forward a bit and with a new air of confidence exclaimed “Just because you are my protector. It doesn’t mean I would do exactly what you tell me to do through your lessons.” A prideful look washed over the girl and Jian found himself glaring, a phantom headache already beginning to formulate in the back of his right eye. Was she serious right now? Mary had basically just renounced any knowledge and respect that Jian, a prince, was offering to her, a commoner. While the general was all for equal terms and such, there was always a hard line to be drawn in the sand, and Mary had simply crossed it without a care in the world. 'This girl...' Jian moved his hand to his head, rubbing his temple in a small smooth motion. He could hear small giggling coming from behind him, his sister unable to quiet her fit fast enough.

The two siblings began to bicker back and forth, something that Jian found to be more grating than even the hardest-fought battles he's participated in. When the now apparent, Robert, addressed him, Jian could only give a half smile to hide the annoyance. He simply nodded along with what the other man was saying, almost ignoring just about everything he was mentioning about how to get Mary to comply. He did file the bug thing away for later though. That could definitely come in handy...Eventually, the two stopped bickering after a few Bull comments and Jian breathed a sigh of relief. Getting ready to bow and get the hell out of there, he didn't expect to be blindsided by the other sibling, coming up to his side with a smile. Jian took a step back and frowned, annoyed once again but this time at being taken off guard by the seemingly innocent girl. Her eyes had a glint in them not unlike his mother, however, and his ire for the night only grew as she spoke. “So, do you think Mary is pretty, Jian?”

Mary quickly stepped in with a “Sarah, no!” as Jian forced a chuckle to bubble from his throat. “Oh, come on. I have every right to flirt with a cute prince like him, and he isn’t even your boyfriend, Mary.” Jian couldn't help but look at the two oddly. Boyfriend? Now that was a foreign word to him. Of course, Jian knew what it meant in theory but every Vinsumian Royal was usually arranged in a way that bypassed that stage of relationships. But even stranger, was this really the time to be speaking of such things? And with a person of his title no less? He wasn't great with people, to begin with, but flirting was only ever prominent in books and behind closed doors, not out in the open for any wandering ear to listen to. Even his mother and father only showed affection to one another in a private places like the gardens or their chambers.

“I am so sorry about my little sister’s behavior. She does this towards every hot guy she sees.” said Mary. Blushing slightly at the implication that he was attractive and the flat-out boldness of their words, Jian quickly composed himself and gave the girl a smile. "Ah, well, I appreciate the compliments nonetheless. Right now, i am unsure of just how to respond but you two do look lovely in your formal attire, as does the rest of your family." He said, smiling and nodding toward their parents. Looking a little more serious, he glanced at both Robert and Sarah. "Though, I must remind you two. You speak with Jian Ishikawa, the second prince of the Ishikawa bloodline. Addressing me as 'Jian' will not do. I'll forgive you two for the time being, but please watch your speech around the royals." Turning towards Mary, he gave her a small frown but with a nod. "As for you miss Feldstein. I understand your hesitance to listen to my teachings and leadership but I hope with time, you will change your mind. Need I remind you from today henceforth, everything I do will be for your benifit. I hope you will not limit yourself by cutting off my help." He told her, not with a scolding tone this time. It was more of a gentle and reassuring way, attempting to help the girl understand what kind of situation she was. "Please sleep on it, my Chosen."

"Well, Jian, at least I'll have a good sparring partner on this journey," He heard off to the side just as he had finished his small encouragement. Jian smiled and nodded over to the soon-to-be king. "With you joining us Prince Aamir, I'm sure our skills will never dull. I look forward to pairing our blades for the same cause."

» Asta Ariti
Mood(s) : Peace, gratefulness, thinking, acceptance, apologies, and hunger
Mention(s) : Andun and Aalto
Interaction(s) : Andun and Aalto

Asta soon realized she rambled and wanted to scold herself. However the thought of staying away from her twin made her heart ache with longing... there were so many what ifs that could happen to Eos... However a gentle touch from the older man brought Asta's consciousness soothed. It was like drinking a nice warm tea with her grandmother when she was a child, yet at the same time it felt as if she were free yet... she knew how to respond. She looked at the stranger, her eyes wide with surprise however she dipped her head, "Thank you." she told the man, unable to describe what just happened. Her eyes were focused as the older man said the next words.

"Now my dear, I want you to listen carefully. I guess you don't recognize me, but I am Andun. The earthquake that just happened was created by the fragments reacting to one another. This means that the world is unbalanced. After the earthquake, I revealed a prophecy that was created by the Founders that foretold such an event. The fragments are to be united with the Stones otherwise this world will end. That earthquake was just the start of it. Only 7 can find the Stones. This is where you come in miss. The fragments would find these Chosen and the Jade fragment chose you. So it is yours now. Only you can find the Jade stone. Six other ladies from each of the other kinds were chosen too. I think you might recognize a few of them for I saw you with them in the room with the fragments. I hope you accept this mission, miss. You must bring one for protection too. As for your brother, is he here at the festival with you? Or when you said you had to go home did you mean Anahaly? If you mean the former, I am sure we can get King Kamir to have someone find your inn to check on the lad for it's too dangerous to go out there right now because earthquakes aren't known to Mulada so I don't know the state of things out there. If you mean the latter, I am afraid you still can't leave yet do to the danger. I would encourage you to accept this mission though, because no else can find the Jade, not even me. I am sorry I am asking a lot of you, but the world needs you and the other Chosen. If you're worry about your brother that much, I'll see what I can do to help him."

Asta looked at the wise man. Her lip quivered with frustration... mostly at herself. She bit her lip in order to stop it, and took in three breaths. She wished she didn't come to the ball. She wished she was still at home with her brother. However, why was she chosen? She was a dumb girl from a small island with no traits. She wasn't the most strongest in her village, or a pretty person or... smart. Definitely not smart. He said she should accept this... mission? She knew it was selfish of her to want to leave and refuse the task and want to see her twin... She looked at the fragment.

"My... My brother is in our home island..." she murmured. She looked at the ground, and started thinking... how long would the journey take? If it took more than a year. She would have to refuse. She couldn't afford to lose too much time, but if she didn't go... did that mean their world would... She refused to think the worst.

"Please... please don't tell him where I'm going, that's... all I want." she whispered. She didn't want Eos to know she was going to leave... maybe if they told him that she found a good job in... No. He would know. Somehow. But all she wanted was for him not to worry, for him to have the same worry where their parents went... when they didn't come home that day... "I will accept this mission." she agreed.

He looked to Aalto and said, "Prince Aalto, maybe your family can help out the lad too if need be."

Asta then realized she had wished for a favor without even asking if it was ok, "Oh lord..." she whispered to herself, "I am super sorry!" she squeaked, and she cringed as her voice came out higher than she expected but she cleared her throat, "I didn't mean to force upin a job on anyone, I just... love my brother and since he is... sickly I'm just worried." she explained, it was clear how much the young lady loved her brother. Just then her stomach growled, and she blushed thankful for the facy she hadn't taken off her mask. She should probably put it on for the rest of the night, however she laughed, "Haha, looks like I'm getting hungry again." she smiled, trying to cover up the fact she had her stomach growl in front of a prince nonetheless, was her behavior... rude? Asta had no clue. Again. But she only wished prince sir Aalto was forgiving.

code by @Nano

Ajna Bastard Prince
Hallbjorn Osbjornsen
Troll Hunter
Mascaraed ball / Kajsa / Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Marching through the crowd, Hallbjorn chewed his lip. He was filled with unusual sensation. Not unusual, but long dormant. It was anger, one of the six heads of the hydra that the prince had practiced controlling in his meditation. It was self-protecting anger either, it was anger directed to protect another person. Of the six heads (happiness, sadness, fear, disgust, surprise, and anger), anger was the most dangerous. It could hurt other's faster, harder, and easier than any of the others. Fear came next on the list. Fear caused one to be a coward, to do what one would never do in their right minds. Followed by happiness. Happiness can be a two edged sword, because once you are happy, you become complacent, and then your happiness can become swallowed up and become the next worst one, sadness. Sadness causes a soul to break, and to become listless. That is followed by disgust, which can stain a spirit when it is placed on people it doesn't belong on. Surprise is pretty neutral, being all about the person's reaction, which can cause any of the other five.

While musing on this 'hydra' Hallbjorn didn't notice someone call his name until he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Brother, calm the storm in your soul," an older man said. "It was good you helped, but do not linger on what can only cause pain. Have some wine and relaxe."

"Brother, it has been a long time!" Hallbjorn smiled at his old friend. He was the father of the chosen of Anja. He was a huntsman of a village, as well as the chief of the local milita of that region. A strong personality than knew little fear. Hallbjorn had bonded with him on several hunting trips. The old man did become like a brother.

"This is my daughter, Kajsa," the man smiled with pride. "She's as good a warrier as I am and maybe someday become better than you!"

"You have much pride in your daughter," Hallbjorn smiled, feeling tension fall like snakes from his shoulders. "And much confidence. Knowing you, she has trained hard, I don't doubt she can become one of the best of our country."

"Hah," the man smiled. "Yes she does. Now I must ask you a favor, one that I know you won't refuse, brother."

"Yes?"

"Will you... accompany my daughter? She has been chosen by the Sapphire. She doesn't need a protector like the rest of the girls, but someone that can help her grow."

"You want me to accompany her?" Hallbjorn asked, thinking. "What does she feel about this? I don't want to say yes to something she doesn't agree too. She might have another young man she'd much rather the company of."
Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
Kajsa Thostenson
Interactions:
Bjorn ( The Grand Fool The Grand Fool )
Mentions: Everyone else
Cold, pale eyes gazed upon the sights that unraveled within the ballroom. Ears taking in the various voices that were as symphony of yelling, berating, arguing, just about all forms of negative speech seemed to take place right there in that room. People of different kingdoms appeared to take to their chosen differently from one another. The Puranians, Vinsumians, and Muladi all seemingly chose to berate the girls who had been picked for such a journey. Disgusting. A growl rumbled in the young woman's throat as she watched on from a distance. The only kingdoms that seemed to be happy with their choice was the Sasurenian and Histeldelian princes as them and their families showed no ill will or displeasure towards the two younger ladies, one with platinum locks and the other with pinkish hair. Though is seemed that the Anahalian royal seemed to not mind the girl with the Jade fragment who was speaking with Andun.

As for the Ajnan. They did not seem to take much notice of Kajsa. Looks had been sent her way, but it only took one look for them to note that she held an air to her. Confidence and pride. That was enough for them to know that the stone was in safe hands. The only one who had shown any real reaction were that of the mother and son she had aided during the quake. Smiles on their faces when they saw. Her father had been shocked initially, but he too knew his daughter's capabilities.

Not wanting to be in the palace any longer to witness unjust she had no place in, despite the resolutions happening, the raven and snow-tip haired woman turned to leave. "Come, mother needs tending to." But before she could make it to the exit, she heard her father's voice boom once again. Her head turned to see who he had called out to, only to see the third prince of her own kingdom saunter towards them, Prince Hallbjorn. Immediately, Kajsa glared daggers up towards her father. Regardless of how good of friends he and the prince had become over the years wasn't a good enough excuse to not use formalities. That was her father though, depending upon who the person was he spoke to dictated overall how he spoke to them.

When she was being introduced, Kajsa bowed her head respectfully. "It is an honor to meet you, Lord Hallbjorn. My father has said a great many things about you." The first time she had gotten to meet one of the members of the royal family, the one her father had told stories of, and her outward appearance was a wreck. Her dress torn and dirtied, hair slightly disheveled, she didn't even have shoes on her feet after having kicked off the high heels earlier to save a young boy from falling into the crevasse. In truth, Kasja did not care much for her appearance, even in a moment like this. Instead, she felt pride festering inside of her when her father complimented her skills as a warrior. Even more so when Bjorn made notion that she could be the best in Ajna in the future.

That all seemingly crashed when her father spoke of Bjorn accompanying her on this journey to find the missing gemstones. Once more she felt the urge to glare daggers at her father from the corner of her eyes. How he worded it though prevented her from doing so. What she didn't anticipate, however, was Bjorn questioning whether or not that was something she herself wanted rather than jumping on the chance as the other princes seemingly had. Kasja soon cleared her throat before turning her gaze upwards at the Ajna prince, her eyes matching her calm demeanor.

"My father is correct on one thing my lord, and that it is that I do not feel that a protector for myself isn't fully necessary. I have been trained since I was able to hold a seax in my hand and have faced many foes and come out victorious. But, this prophecy that was foretold requires someone to accompany me, and the only man I trust with my life is my father." Kajsa paused for a moment to look between the two men before continuing on. "If I were to ask him to join me that would leave my mother with no one to protect her when she must travel beyond our borders or even to other cities within Ajna. I know that you are well aware of the hidden dangers that lie in our mountains my lord. It would be irresponsible of me to take him away from her."

Kajsa held her hand over her heart, the other hand still grasping the Sapphire fragment at her side, as she dawned a more serious expression. "Instead of being my protector, rather I ask you to be my companion during this journey I must set out on. So, I beseech you, Lord Hallbjorn, would you join me in my travels." Removing her hand from over her heart, Kajsa outstretched it towards Bjorn. A handshake to solidify their deal.

SoI
AALTO AENON
Aalto's heart squeezed in sympathy as he watched varying emotions flit across Asta's face - confusion, fear, worry, sadness. The girl was close to her brother, it was obvious, and he felt guilty knowing what they were asking of her. Not even really asking, it wasn't like the girl had very much of a choice with how hefty the consequences would be for not just her, but everybody. Including her brother. Thinking you were a normal person five minutes ago and suddenly being told the weight of the entire world rested on your shoulders and that you would not have time to say goodbye to your family before setting off on a who-knows-how-dangerous mission to hopefully bring balance back to the world and save everybody in it was probably not how poor Lady Asta thought this night would end.

"Lady Asta, you do not have to worry about decorum with me." Aalto said with an encouraging smile. "I will ensure that your brother is safe - my family will watch over him personally. I will send them a letter with the rest of the Anahaly council as they return home to let them know what has happened and where to find him."

Aalto paused for a second, realizing what he had said. He would send a letter. It seems that he did not intend to return home yet either. The prophecy did say that each chosen would bring one for protection, and while it was a job Aalto could easily shrug off to a talented knight or noble - or one of his brothers - he knew that this was his chance. To see the world, to do something worthy, to prove to his family that he's more than a potentially-bastard third son. They would be furious when they found out, he knew that much. Aalto was the baby of the family and doted on as such, and his family would never approve of him galavanting off on a possibly world-ending adventure. But Aalto also knew he wouldn't feel comfortable knowing he had sent this poor girl from one of his island's off on a possibly world-ending adventure without doing his part and ensuring that she was safe. Or, at least, as safe as she could be.

With these thoughts still swimming through his head, Aalto took one of Asta's hands and knelt in front of her. "I know that we are asking a lot of you. If I could take the burden from your shoulders, I would do it in a heartbeat. You deserve to go home to your brother and not have to worry about the 'balance of the world.' But as Andun said, you were Chosen, and I trust that Jael knows why. This is something that only you can do. But I won't ask you to do it alone." Aalto place his other hand over the hand that he held, cupping it gently between his palms. "Lady Asta, please accept my assistance and company as you embark on this mission to save our world. I would like to join you as your protector, if you would allow it. I promise to help you in any way that I possibly can and I will see you home safe to your brother at the end of it. And as I will be your protector, I also promise that my family will be his. Nothing ill will happen to your brother while you are away, the royal family of Anahaly will ensure it."

Aalto did not doubt his words. He knew his kind-hearted mother would go herself to fetch the boy and bring him back to the palace without him even asking. He knew his brothers would treat him as one of their own. He knew his father would watch over him and employ only the best of care for Asta's family. They would make good on Aalto's promise and leave nothing wanting.

Flaithrí

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Shiro Sagisu

Fate

"this is a dialogue,"

The young prince smiled as Noirin and Ingrid's attempt to boost the young prince's confidence clearly worked. If there was one thing the young man lacked, it was confidence, which for the heir to the Sasuren throne was not something he could simply live without. If he had to guess, it was because his father wanted him to gain the confidence to stand on his own two feet that he was sent here alone. He can't just run and hide in his room again when he's king, no matter how tempting that might be.

"I appreciate your kind words; perhaps I am too hard on myself at times."
Noirin had finally responded to his proposal, causing Flaithrí to rise to his feet; there was a part of him that wished she had said no despite the opportunity to learn more about the world. He wasn't much of a fighter, and his combat magic was lacking, but this would be a great opportunity for him to gain more experience and put his magic to the test outside of simple training.
"Thank you, Lady Ingrid; father would have panicked if I hadn't returned."
Flaithrí bowed to Ingrid before returning his attention to Noirin.
"I will gladly accompany you. If nothing else, it will be a good opportunity to spend time with you again, Noirin. It's been far too long, and we have a lot to catch up on."

Flaithrí was caught off guard by Noirin's observation; he had been so focused on Noirin and trying to ignore the situations unfolding around him that he had chosen to ignore the most important face, just who else was going to accept in this journey.
"You are right."
Flaithrí's eyes scanned the room and just as Noirin's observation had pointed out the chosen girls had been those unconscious' one of which was Belinha.
"Is this just a remarkable coincidence or fate?"
Not only were the girls who had fallen unconscious earlier chosen, but the ones who seemed to be volunteering themselves to protect them all seemed to be prince's. It was too unique a situation to simply label it as coincidence, no, this had to be fate at work.
"It would be nice to have a starting point."
Flaithrí's paused for a second, perplexed, scanning around the room a second time before his gaze returned to Noirin's.
"You previously stated that you felt a connection with the other chosen? Perhaps when you all gather, you will simply know, perhaps the fragments have some sort of knowledge stored in them that, once... attuned, will be unlocked in the host once all seven are present. Of course, this is just my theory, and I have nothing to back it up, but it's the best educated guess I can make."

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back