• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
» Mary Feldstein
『 TAGGED 』 The Grand Fool The Grand Fool
Mood: Confused for a bit, and then happy.
Mentions: N/A

When the stranger put her down, Mary heard the guy slip a chuckle out of his mouth before telling her that there was no harm to him. “I am glad my punch didn’t hurt you. Although, I do need to inform you that the blue beast thing wasn’t meant for you,” said Mary. “I wasn’t kidding about seeing a terrifying blue beast, since that thing caused me to scream.”
She wasn’t sure how she was going to explain the vision to them, since it’s kind of hard to explain seeing a long serpent-like creature with pointy teeth moving around in the ocean like it’s no problem. Bringing up the blue-haired girl is also hard to explain because of what they said to her.
The stranger brought up how she didn’t know what he looks like, and it caused Mary to raise one of her eyebrows in pure confusion. They weren’t insulting their appearance, but the blue beast thing can be mistaken for that. “While it’s true that I don’t know what you look like. I have a good feeling about you being a hunter just by your appearance alone, because you look like a hero who can punch a grizzly bear.” said Mary, laughing. She brought that part up, since the stranger was wearing a fancy red cape over their shoulder.

After saying that to the stranger, a waiter gave Mary some ice upon the guy’s request. Wanting the pain to go away, she put the ice on a piece of cloth, folded it, and put it on her nose in order to ease it.
The stranger then told her not to worry about the fainting, and said to not be concerned about paying him back. He did out of the goodness of their heart, and this secretly made Mary want to hug them. ‘Oh my gosh. This guy is like a big teddy bear, and they didn’t need to do any of that for me. I might as well give this guy my name, since I can’t ignore a sweet person like him.’ thought Mary.
She didn’t have a crush on the mysterious stranger, because she knows nothing about them. However, seeing someone who is genuinely kind makes her want to talk to them for a bit. Especially when they aren’t using any fancy forms of communication, like most nobles and Vinsumians would do.
“Even though, you told me not to pay you back. I can make an exception by telling you my name. After all, I can’t let a sweet person like you to not know what my name is. Especially when you help me out from that weird fainting situation from the aquamarine fragment.” said Mary, smiling. “My name is Mary Feldstein, and it is a pleasure to meet you.”
She did the stupid curtsy thing with her beautiful kimono, because her parents taught her how to be polite towards a stranger in case they happen to be a noble. It was just a common courtesy to do something like this in a masquerade ball, but they still hate the need to use complicated words in an event like this.

Last edited:

SoI
AALTO AENON
Aalto had only stepped out for a minute, it's not like he would miss much anyways - or so he thought. The third prince of Anahaly had arrived fashionably on-time to the ball hosted in Muladi and had spent most of his time thus far speaking to foreign nobility and dancing with pretty women, their eyes sparking behind their fancy masks. It was fun, sure, but it was exhausting.
Aalto didn't often get to see the world outside of the islands of his home, and it had been awe-inspiring seeing a desert for the first time. Muladi architecture, clothing and language was all so different and fascinating and he had spent the several days leading up to the ball exploring market stalls and speaking to as many native people as he could find. It had been refreshing, being a nameless face in a sea of people, nothing but a charming man amongst many. Most common folk hadn't realized who they'd been speaking to. But with the masquerade ball he was back to being Aalto Aenon, third prince of Anahaly. Nobility who knew anything about the royalty of the other kingdoms could recognize him by his mismatched eyes alone - one blue like Anahaly royalty, the other a half-and-half mix of blue and brilliant gold. The third son of the rulers of island cities, rumored bastard boy. His skin and hair were too light compared to the classic dark olive of his family, and many thought his mother the queen must have had an affair to birth an anomaly like him. Of course, nobody spoke this when they thought he was within earshot, but he knew what they said. And smiling and bowing and dancing with people who stared at his mismatched eyes was tiring when he knew they were probably thinking the same things - outsider, bastard, son of an affair.

And so, Aalto had hidden himself outside on a balcony, lounging on a bench tucked behind some pretty potted desert plants where nobody would bother him for a while. He could still hear the sound of music and chatter drifting through the open doors. His smile had dropped, his eyes had closed, and he focused on his breaths for several long minutes. Let his true emotions storm inside him for a bit. Exhaustion, tension, paranoia. Shame.

20 minutes later Aalto had stood, fixed his mask - a thing of fine craftsmanship resembling foamy ocean waves with gold filigree - and stepped back into the ballroom only to spy a commotion by the fragment display. A crowd had formed, speaking in hushed tones of confusion and alarm. What had happened? Aalto strode toward the display, curiosity getting the better of him, and pushed his way through the onlookers to get to the front. Aalto recognized the princes of a few of the kingdoms kneeling over several women. They were awake but looking dazed, as if they had just woken up. What on Incendia?
Aalto approached a girl wearing a simple white dress and strange mask as she gazed around herself at the other confused people on the floor. "Are you alright?" The prince asked, kneeling down to offer her his hand. "Can you stand?"

» Asta Ariti
Mood(s) : Idiocracy
Mention(s) : Chosen Girls and Princes
Interaction(s) : Noirin and Aalto

At the mention of not being physically hurt, a sigh of relief escaped the girl's lips. Her eyes widened a bit behind her mask as she heard the lady talk about her eyes landing on the amethyst stone, was it a coincidence? Were the stones cursing everyone who looked at them? It sounded strange but at the same time it sounded believable. Everyone was moving some girls, who looked as if they had just woken up. Even Sir HallBjorn.

"Can I ask you something? Did you look at one of the fragments per chance? Sorry, my name is Noirin and I am from Sasuren. Also, pardon me for a minute. This mask has been driving me mad all night and I don't care about being proper at the moment."

Asta nodded before answering, "Yes, miss. I looked at the fragments." she answered, "No, no, it's compl-" she stopped mid sentence when she saw her face, wow. She was truly a beauty. More than she imagined.

"My goodness, you look prettier than..." she quickly stopped herself from saying the rest, but she truly looked beautiful. Did she say her name was Noirin? She quickly tried shaking her awe of the ladies beauty as she tried introducing herself.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Noirin, I'm Asta." she explained, as she was about to ask her a question about the fragments, she looked as another beautiful person came close to her. The man had beautiful mismatched eyes, and instantly Asta once more felt light-headed. there were too many beautiful people in the room.

"Are you alright?" The prince asked, kneeling down to offer her his hand. "Can you stand?"

Although Asta could not recognize the man, she stood there for a moment gaping at the man, behind her mask. Thanking that it hid her whole face. Why were there so many beautiful people here? Was he a prince? Because he sure did look like one.

"Yes, thank you so much-" she quickly answered, blinking. She quickly stood up showing she was alright, she needed to have fun or else her mind felt floating looking at all these people, she quickly stretched her arms, smiling, "I am completely well!" she laughed lightly, she looked over to Miss Noirin, "Do you need help Miss Noirin?" she asked, she then glanced at the man, "I'm sorry, that sounded rude, thank you... sir...?"

code by @Nano

266c36f020aa79ee7c0f0458fbe21b40.png

84177bdbe34cd44d6d116049b27895bc.png

Interactions: Asta supermartinbros supermartinbros , Aalto carrlavoie carrlavoie , Flaithri Dextra Dextra , Andun

Mentions: A few princes and chosen

Andun was soon on the scene of where all the fragments were. First thing he checked was the fragments themselves. They were quiet . . . too quiet. It was like the calm before the storm. He couldn't shake this feeling that something was about to happen. He looked at the women who seemed to be having issues. He saw Noirin and a brunette being helped by Prince Aalto. That young man was recognizable thanks to his unique appearance. He never believed all of the rumors, in fact, one of Andun's duties was to bless each and every royal birth, so he had been there when the lad was born. A great example of families looking nothing alike were the Founders themselves. No one else but him knew this, but the Founders were all sisters and none of them look the same. Looking at the young women once more, he caught site of Stella being carried off by Prince Hunter. Even Prince Aamir was in the vicinity now. In fact, all of the girls were being helped by a prince. Another coincidence? Andun didn't think so.

Noirin looked at the brunette as she complimented her. It caused her face to turn pink. Maybe she shouldn't have removed her mask, but it didn't matter now. She really didn't think she was much to look at, at least compared to her mother. True she got her looks from her mother, but her mother had this natural confidence and elegance about her that made her look more appealing.

The girl finally introduced herself as Asta. Soon another man came up to them and asked Asta if she was okay. His eyes were fascinating for their color was different. Noirin had heard of heterochromia, but never seen it. She listened as Asta responded before turning back to her. Before Noirin could answer herself though, her mother just happened to show up.

"Noirin, darling, are you okay?" Lady Ingrid said as she came upon them.

Realizing she was still on the ground, Noirin got up and almost stumbled in her rush.

"I am fine mother. I had a strange experience now. I'll tell you about it later okay?"

Ingrid looked concerned but didn't continue. Instead she looked at the other two people and realized Stella wasn't one of them. Perhaps the two separated. Ingrid knew the fragments were popular so maybe the two got lost in the crowd. Well there weren't as many people here now.

"Well, I am just glad you're okay," Ingrid replied.

Belinha listened as Flaithri said he recognized one of the ladies as an old friend.

"Hehe, well, maybe if you removed your mask she might recognize you. Then again, it's not midnight yet. I take it, it's the blonde you recognize. I can see she's of noble status by her clothing."

Flaithri suggested moving to a place to sit down.

"Na, I am feeling much better now. You know, let's see if your old friend recognizes you!" she said suddenly before dragging the prince towards the blonde's group, who had now been joined by an older woman.

Noirin looked to see a darkly tan young woman come their way with a tall dark-haired man.

"Hi! Sorry to interrupt you guys, but my companion here recognizes you miss," Belinha said to Noirin.

The instant the two made eye contact, like before they felt the connection. It was annoying and unsettling for Belinha, but just confusing for Noirin. Noirin ignored this feeling and looked at the man. Yes he did seem familiar. Ingrid also looked at the young man and even with the mask on, she knew who it was. She knew only one member of the Sasuren royal family had come to the festival this year.

"Prince Flaithri, it's good to see you again."

Noirin's eyes widen, and her mouth gaped. Last time she saw the prince, he wasn't this tall. Realizing she was still staring, she blushed and looked away.

"Flaithri, it's been so long. Um, how are you?"

Belinha smiled in satisfaction.

Last edited:
Location | Masquerade
Interaction|Aamir( Zodia195 Zodia195 )
Mentions| Other chosen

"Miss, do you need any assistance? Are you hurting anywhere? "

The voice of the stranger who, may Jennah bless him, sounded sympathetic to her situation lit a mixture of relief and embarrassment within her. Nadia found herself hesitating for only a second before reaching out to him to steady herself, grabbing his forearm, she wobbly brought herself to a sitting position. Her vision blurred for a second as a wave of nausea hit her, taking in a sharp breath, she clinched the poor man's arm. She felt bad for whoever this gentleman was, she truly did, but she couldn't waste her energy on sympathy for others when she felt like her entire world had been shifted off its axis.

Something had dislodged within her, replaced by a much bigger thing that was forcing everything else out of its way just to make room for it, that's how she felt at the moment. Of kilter, of balance and she was terrified more so for the fact that she felt this way than of her fainting for no reason. no, her mind whispered, her head snapping to stare at the first shard, there was a reason. It was a bit foggy but the moment she lost consciousness was when, her thoughts trailed off, Smattering of conversation started to filter in. She wasn't the only one, she heard someone mention a strange dream and she felt her heart jolt, biting her lip she looked at the helpful companion who came to her rescue.

His scarlet mask hid his features, and all she could see was his eye, but that was enough for her to get a feel of him. She was grateful, truly more than she could ever voice and perhaps it was a bit of an overreaction but this had never happened to her before. Her mother had never taught her to faint unless it was to be into a man's embrace, not to be sprawled on the floor as a spectacle for any self-respecting nobleman to look on her with distaste. The fact that this person here wasn't remotely appalled just showed that he was kind, forcing a faint smile onto her face as she opens her mouth to speak. To thank him and assure him that she was fine and she needed some rest to think and process what had happened when she caught sight of her mother within the crowd.

She wasn't well hidden, her slender figure staring at her daughter with an odd mixture of pride and worry, that look send an unpleasant feeling down Nadia's spine that made her flush with guilt. Why would she feel that way? It was her mother, yet her eyes weren't on her daughter-no. It was on her companion, the male next to her.

"t-thank y-you" she stuttered, pulling her eyes away from her mother's, it landed on the arm she was holding. Flustered she yanked her hand away, spluttering apologies heavily accented. Oh, what was she thinking? How could she have acted so..so brazen towards the opposite sex!? What if he had read it as her flirt-she couldn't finish the thought. Mumbling more apologies that strayed into silence, Nadia found herself face to face with an embellished golden armband. One that was recognized that only the royal family possessed, one that this strange man was wearing.

It slowly dawned on her why her mother had that look on her face, why she had seen happier than worried for her, one of the fish she was planning on catching had coincidentally landed on her daughter's lap. What a stroke of luck indeed, but Nadia didn't feel lucky, no the odd pressure intensified even more so. It was one thing plotting and planning with her mother in the safety of their home on how to seduce one of the royals, it was something entirely different when you were presented with the opportunity to do so. She couldn't find the courage she had a few minutes ago, was it minutes, that had possessed.

Everything had just fluttered away the moment her eyes landed on that jewel, yet she couldn't back down, her mother was watching her and expecting her to do as she was trained to do. "use your assets, men are creatures of the flesh" she heard her mother whispering, curling her hands into fists she pushed aside all the unsettling thoughts that were swarming within her head. Forcing an even more sweet smile onto her pale face, she attempted the look she had seen her mother do so many times before, pouty lips and simpering eyes, a little push-up of the breast area, and man normally forgot what they were about to say. She tried, awkwardly fumbling to adjust to the rightful position, her mouth forming into what she hoped was a simpering but something told her she looked far more scared than "alluring".

"i-yes um, I do apologize for my behavior, I have no idea what came over me"

Last edited:

SoI
AALTO AENON
Aalto noticed the brunette's gaping stare and felt his cheeks flush a bit. These damn eyes, he thought to himself, those familiar feelings of shame and anxiety trying to push their way up. He squashed the feelings down, pushing them to the back of his mind. He wore this mask - and these clothes, all accented in gold - to bring out the uniqueness of his eyes, it wasn't a surprise that people noticed them. He had hoped embracing his unique features would help him get over the rumors of his birth, but it had been years now and he still felt discomfort when attention was ever given to his physical appearance.

The girl stood with a bright smile, and Aalto took a step back as to not crowd her. "I am completely well!" The girl said with a laugh, as if to assure him she meant the truth. Then she turned her head to another woman, blonde and strikingly beautiful, still on the ground. "Do you need help Miss Noirin?"
Aalto's cheeks flushed faintly again as he realized he had completely ignored the poor girl still looking dazed on the floor. He hadn't meant to do that, and he felt shame and embarrassment burn his chest for the second time in barely a minute. Again, he shoved the feelings down.
"I'm sorry, that sounded rude, thank you... sir...?" The brunette's attention was back on him.

Aalto put his hands up in apology, shaking his head. "Not at all! I'm sorry, I really inserted myself here, didn't I? Apologies to the lady and you both." But the girl on the ground - Miss Noirin? - was already being fawned over by an older woman who looked to be her a mother, and another lady with a prince in tow was beelining it for her. I'll have to make sure I apologize properly later, Aalto chastised himself before turning back to the woman with the strange mask in front of him. "As the representative of Anahaly here I felt it my duty to check on the commotion, I didn't mean to butt in like that. Not very princely of me, was it? Please, call me Aalto." He gave her a respectful bow, one hand placed lightly over his heart. "And what may I call you?"

Jian Ishikawa

Interactions: Leaving Kajsa's company ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 )
Mentions: Seeing Andun walk by ( Zodia195 Zodia195 )

1665871574938.png

Jian watched as the girl gained a small smile, bowing toward his person once more. Upon hearing his name, her face seemed to shift from being serious to being a bit more gentle and welcoming. It wasn't the first time Jian had seen a change in demeanor upon introducing himself, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. Nonetheless, Jian kept up his own smile as she began to speak. "I am honored to meet you, Lord Jian, My name is Kajsa Thostenson, warrior of Ajna." Ah, now that would explain it. Earlier, Jian most certainly sensed something different about the girl, eliminating her status as just a simple guest lucky to get in, as well as someone who used money and influence to make it here. No, she most likely made it here through strength and recognition. A warrior of Ajna was nothing to scoff at. Their warriors trained in the harsh cold winds of the mountains and were built to last. Jian held great respect for their military, Ajna being one of the few nations that Jian would never want to go to war with.

"Do what you must. I shall remain here in your absence until the room has been made vacant, and to ensure the safety of those who are still trying to leave." Sighing to himself, he shook away his previous thoughts and nodded his head. While he wished everyone to get settled elsewhere, he wouldn't deny the extra help from someone; especially if they were a fighter and could keep a lookout for anything else. "Very well Miss Thostenson, do as you may. However, don't hesitate to get some air yourself if need be." He put up a smile and reached forward, patting her on the shoulder in an attempt to commend her choice and not come off as intrusive. "You're brave. Your kingdom would be proud of you." Giving her one last nod, he strode away out of her personal space and towards the entrance to the fragment room. While he was smiling before with calmness, a look of annoyance quickly morphed on his face as soon as he turned away from the girl.

Encouraging flashy words to help morale was one thing, but Jian really didn't wish to hype the girl up for something as simple as standing watch over the room. If that was what she chose to do, then that should have been the end of it, but Jian knew that being a prince of Vinsumi demanded he gives her some words of encouragement. What a bother. Oh well, at least it was small and he wasn't yelling to his platoon to "keep it up!" and "make Vinsumi proud!".

As Jian approached the door, he watched as the man who was plaguing his thoughts earlier stode in, completely ignoring him and heading straight for the fragments. Andun seemed to be a man on a mission, and the once kind grandfatherly man was not completely focused. Jian gave a small sigh of relief at the man's appearance, confident that the situation would be setteld soon enough now. Jian decided to take this moment to look for his sister and then perhaps his parents. Hopefully, she wasn't getting into too much trouble...or that she wasn't hurt.

Flaithrí

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Cover-Nic, Orginal-Queen

Friends will be friends.

"this is a dialogue,"

Flaithrí nodded in response to Belinha's remark. Flaithrí was utterly unfamiliar with the women that accompanied Noirin, but now that Ingrid, Noirin's mother, had joined the group, there was no cause for uncertainty. That had to be Noirin. Flaithrí's hand slowly raised to his mask before returning to his side, and as much as Belinha's recommendation of taking his mask off could work, the thought of breaching etiquette during a masquerade sent shivers down his spine. This was his first political appearance in almost 15 years, and he would never forgive himself for making such a fool of himself.

Flaithrí was not given the opportunity to consider his current options because Belinha continued and stated that she was alright, which promoted a little but evident smile on Flaithrí's face. That smile instantly turned to dread as he was dragged for the second time by Belinha.
"Hold on, just a-."
Flaithrí began pleading, but he suddenly fell silent as his voice was drowned away. Flaithrí had met a lot of individuals at the ball, but none had the personality of Belinha; she was a fireball. Free, untamed, and explosive, she didn't seem to think but simply acted the polar antithesis of the calculated Flaithrí, and yet Flaithrí had rather liked her company.

It only took a few seconds for the two to join the group. Flaithrí's first thought was to simply introduce himself, but the fireball that is Belinha had other plans, leaving Noirin and Flaithrí in an awkward spotlight as they stared at each other in quiet for a few seconds. Fortunately, Ingrid seemed to have recognised Flaithrí, which put the uneasy air to rest.
"It's good to see you too, lady Ingrid. You appear as young and beautiful as the day I met you."
Flaithrí's gaze gradually shifted from Ingrid to Noirin. Age had been kind to her in the years Flaithrí hadn't seen her, and she had grown into a beautiful young lady.

Another moment of silence passed between the two as Flaithrí considered what to say. The two just stared at each other in silence until Noirin blushed and looked away, which Flaithrí thought was adorable. She had matured into a lovely young lady.
"It really has been far too long indeed. The years have been kind to me, I've recently emerged from my seclusion and reclaimed my rightful status as heir. How have the years treated you? They have certainly transformed you into a lovely young lady that much is certain."
Not wanting to be disrespectful, Flaithrí gave a brief bow of the of the head to the two other people absorbed in conversation, simply to recognise their presence and demonstrate he wasn't ignoring them before putting his full attention back onto Noirin.

♡coded by uxie♡

Damian wasn't one for going to big parties ever since he was little. The nobles always treated him as an extra to his older brother and never really gave him to respect one should probably show a prince. He instead preferred to be working on some new item he had thought up or working with the engineers in the city or just relaxing in his spare time. His father and mother had made him attend the celebration with his brother probably in the hopes he might find his purpose or find a girl to sweep off her feet and get married to. Well, whatever the case, he dared not defy his parents as they were still in a higher position than him being the king and queen.

When he and his brother arrived he split off and made way for the markets to do some site-seeing. He saw many cultural wonders of Mulada and even took some notes on ways to improve some of their infrastructures. He ended up finding his way toward the crafter's quarter and narrowly managed to get permission to watch them perform some of their crafting techniques. All the while he was taking notes on every aspect of their craft. He watched craftsmen make jewelry and weapons and household amenities. He was fascinated by it all. By the time he had filled his notebook the sun had made its way farther across the sky and figured the event must have started already. He decided to take a long walk toward the venue and make a short appearance near the end. Unfortunately, the route he took wasn't long enough and it seemed the festivities were still in full swing.

He walked into the ballroom and noticed a lot of people be they commoners or nobles all glancing toward one of the rooms. While the party still seemed to be going it seemed that there was an incident. He quickly examined the room and spotted his brother leaning against the wall to the room that seemed to be all the buzz. "Brother what's going on in there? Did something happen?" he asked full of curiosity. He looked inside the room to see the stone fragments that each kingdom's founder had owned. It was while he was looking his brother responded.

"Nothing happened for you to act concerned, just some women who had been looking at the fragments had either screamed or collapsed."

"That doesn't sound like nothing Hunter, I'm going to go take a look," Damian said before heading off into the chamber.

"No wait do--"

Damian was already inside the chamber when his brother tried to stop him. When he entered he noticed some of who he could only assume were the other princes helping the girls lying on the floor. He figured everything was pretty much dealt with till he noticed the girl lying not far from the Citrine fragment, the piece the Puran Kingdoms founder had held and rushed over to her. He gently helped her to her feet after assuring her consciousness "Here...not too fast...There. Are you okay? You're not hurt are you? I can get a medic if you need aid" he helped steady her. Now that he was getting a good look at her he noticed that she was quite cute but that wasn't the most important thing to focus on.

Interaction: aurivee_ aurivee_
Present(?): Everyone else

Salvador Cesar Allegro Monterio
Every leaf has a mystery, and ever person has a pet peeve.

Eyes cracking open, and a pounding headache. Wine was good, but too much can cause headaches and tiredness. Rolling over on his back, a young lad of dark skin looked over seeing the shoes of many guests. There were pointy shoes, there were sturdy boots, petite slippers, and other sorts of footwear. Then there robes, pants, and dressings of varying length, color, and quality. He never got bored watching people, but he decided it probably wasn't the best time to watch from under the table. Smoothly rolling out from under the table he received several squawks of surprise from some ladies that were nibbling on some delacies.

"Sorry, miladies," he smiled as he bowed. "I did not mean to startle you, I but had to rest my weary head. I came from the exotic jungle of Histadel, and the heat is but a sleep inducing mirage. Forgive me."

He struck off towards a crowd that had gathered the chamber around. Nudging he way through, he peered over shoulders and wedged through bosoms, till he was near the front, just to see a formidable looking man wearing a full face mask part the crowd like a... His mind cycled through possible analogies. Wolf through a pack of sheep? Shark through a school of fish? One of them should work? Then with a booming voice the man started telling people what to do. Asking for help from other princes. Prince? That guy looks like a mercenary. Built like a bull too. He picked up a lady, and walked away.

"Hah, charming is he. He picked up a swoo..." But before he could finish the sentence the lady woke up and punched him. "Oof, looks like she wasn't fond of that idea. Probably shouldn't copy that. Not that I can carry someone like that mountain of muscles."

Code By Nano

a2a7c4c3db2c35b5c6a3d8a739f909af.png

Interactions: Nadia Paradiso Paradiso , Asta supermartinbros supermartinbros , Aalto carrlavoie carrlavoie , Flaithri Dextra Dextra

Mentions: the rest of the Chosen and Princes

Aamir nodded as the young woman seemed to come to her senses. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at her stuttering though. It wouldn't be the first time he got such a reaction from a regular person. As Prince and Heir to the throne, Aamir had tried to meet his subjects as much as he could since he wanted to see how things worked in not only Isladam, but the whole kingdom. Granted he hadn't been able to see ALL of the kingdom like the vast desert regions where no one but the nomads lived. They were just too dangerous. Aamir made it a point to travel to the other kingdoms with his father on occasion to learn how to work with the other kingdoms.

"Well, I am glad to see you're feeling better. As to what caused your condition, I haven't a clue. Maybe it's connected to what happened to the other ladies here. Let's get you to a place where you may rest a bit okay?" he said as he assisted her.

In that moment though, a gong was rung, signaling that the Ball was coming to a close and that midnight was upon them soon.

"Well, looks like I'll have to depart from your presence soon. Can you stand on your own?"

After making sure the young woman was okay, Aamir departed to the main ballroom to where the royals were already gathering with his family in the front. He went to stand right behind his father. The rest of the guests faced them. Andun decided to stay near the entry to where the fragments were.

Noirin was scarlet in the face now with the compliments Flaithri gave her. She was at a loss for words at first. Of course, she didn't believe she was a lovely as her old friend describe her.

"Thank . . . you . . " she stuttered.

Belinha giggled before turning the other two people nearby (Asta and Aalto).

"Hi, I am Belinha Basurto of Histadel. Nice to meet you! This evening has been pretty crazy. I for one will never forget it."

It was at that moment that a gong went off. People started moving.

"Aw, looks like the ball is over. Come along young ones, we best get moving. Prince Flaithri, it's been wonderful seeing you out and about again. All of the royals are expected to gather around King Kamir and the rest of the Mulada family. I wasn't sure if you were told that or not since your the only Sasuren royal here. Be sure to say hello to your family for me if I don't see them before you after we return home." Lady Ingrid said.

Noirin was reluctant to move, but she made sure to stick next to her mother as they all moved along with the crowd. She kept looking back at not only Flaithri, but also Belinha, Asta, and the other young man. Lady Ingrid herself felt that things were about to change. She looked at Andun as they entered the ballroom and saw his serious look. Normally the man was laid back, but all evening he seemed a bit tense, especially now.

As Belinha entered the Ballroom, she was soon greeted by her siblings.

"There you are!" Pedro said.

"Where have you been?" demanded Marco.

"Boys give her room to breathe. Besides, I believe the king of Mulada is about to make a speech. I heard it was customary for the primary ruler to make an ending speech to signify the end of the Festival." Maria said.

"Oh! I definitely don't want to miss that. And for your information my dear brothers, I've been having a fine time. I just saw the fragments!" Belinha answered, not even bothering on telling them what happened afterward.

"Well we heard some girls fainted in that room," Marco commented.

"You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, Belinha?" Pedro finished, an eyebrow raising.

Belinha kept her lips sealed. She wasn't about to say anything. Instead she just focused on the royal families and see if she could make out the Histadelian royal family. It was hard given her height. Next year the Festival would be in Histadel and now that she had gotten a chance to go to this year's festival, she was for sure going to make it this year since it was in her homeland.

Midnight was almost upon them and the mysterious lady could feel it. The wind was already starting to pick up.

"They have all made the connection. Let's hope the beginnings of these ties will strengthen for they will need each other, and the ones tied to them by destiny." she murmured.

stella ainsley.
confused, nervous, slightly pained
fragments display (vicinity)
gold dress + mask
Stella was snapped out of her stupor by a young man approaching her, and subsequently helping her to her feet. Her legs threatened to collapse beneath her, but she was able to stay standing with support.

"Uh... I don't really know? I think I passed out or something. I had this weird dream, and then I woke up on the floor with my head hurting. I must have hit it during the fall. I'm okay, I think... just a little dizzy." She was clearly understating her condition - Stella was normally quite good at hiding her feelings, but her head was really hurting. Even she couldn't conceal that.

The man looked to be around her age, and was dressed in what she recognized as regal Puranian attire. Probably a noble, or - and she prayed it was not the case - a Council member.

She had a brief moment of well-concealed panic as she reassured herself that he was far too young to be on the Council. As she looked at him, she felt an unmistakable sense of familiarity. It wasn't like what she'd felt with Noirin - that had been different. She'd never seen Noirin or any of the others before. This boy, however, she could confidently say she recognized. Unfortunately, she didn't know where she recognized him from. She had the lingering feeling that she should probably know, but she promptly dismissed it as unimportant.

"T-Thank you for helping me, by the way. I'm so sorry for the trouble, I don't know what happened.." Stella continued apologetically.

coded by natasha.

Stella was snapped out of her stupor by a young man approaching her, and subsequently helping her to her feet. Her legs threatened to collapse beneath her, but she was able to stay standing with support.

"Uh... I don't really know? I think I passed out or something. I had this weird dream, and then I woke up on the floor with my head hurting. I must have hit it during the fall. I'm okay, I think... just a little dizzy." She was clearly understating her condition - Stella was normally quite good at hiding her feelings, but her head was really hurting. Even she couldn't conceal that.

The man looked to be around her age, and was dressed in what she recognized as regal Puranian attire. Probably a noble, or - and she prayed it was not the case - a Council member.

She had a brief moment of well-concealed panic as she reassured herself that he was far too young to be on the Council. As she looked at him, she felt an unmistakable sense of familiarity. It wasn't like what she'd felt with Noirin - that had been different. She'd never seen Noirin or any of the others before. This boy, however, she could confidently say she recognized. Unfortunately, she didn't know where she recognized him from. She had the lingering feeling that she should probably know, but she promptly dismissed it as unimportant.

"T-Thank you for helping me, by the way. I'm so sorry for the trouble, I don't know what happened.." Stella continued apologetically.

"No problem, honestly I'm just glad you're okay. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to come find me or my brother. Anyway, I think we are being called into the main chamber." After making sure the girl was good to stand on her own, he pointed out his brother leaning against the wall and then bowed before walking away toward the main chamber with everyone else. 'I wonder how Hunter is going to berate me this time...' he thought to himself as he got to his brother. His brother seemed annoyed under that cool mask he puts on "I do hope you're done wasting time with that unknown woman. Let's go it's almost midnight which means the end of the festival, and then we can go home. I can't believe mother and father insisted on us coming here, wasting my time." said Hunter, fully irritated.

Damian knew his brother hated being made to go to events like these, but he found his brother's attitude growing much more....he didn't even have a word for it. It was just a lot. He sighed and went with Hunter to see what they had in store. While they waited for everyone else to gather, Damian continued to wonder why those girls were all lying unconscious on the floor. started thinking of every possible reason why they might have been like that.

"I still wonder what happened to those girls in the fragment room. Something caused it, but I can't say for sure what without knowing what happened before I got here."

"It's not something Puranian royalty should concern themselves with. Just leave it for someone else. All we need to do is give the king of Mulada our father's regards and leave in the morning."

"You're really not the least bit curious about what happened for seven girls out of a room full of people to suddenly fall unconscious?"

"No, now leave it be. I'll have to report to mother and father about your unruly behavior. Just try to behave for the last few hours that we're going to be here for."

With that Damian had no more room to argue. He hated this part about his brother, but he decided to be the good brother and listen. He waited with his brother after they had gathered with the other royals for whatever they were all called into the room for.

Interaction: aurivee_ aurivee_
Present(?): everyone else

Last edited:
Jian Ishikawa

Interactions: Talking with Meiying ( LieutyXII LieutyXII ) about what had happened in the fragment room
Mentions: Talking about Andun ( Zodia195 Zodia195 ) walking and Jian spotting Damian ( GreyGremory GreyGremory ) out of the corner of his eye.

1666506321527.png

Jian made his way around the ballroom with a neutral expression. His eyes, now free from the confines of his mask, scanned the room in search of his sister. Thankfully, she wore the unique formal ware unique to the Vinsumian people, her royal lineage making her costume that much higher in quality. If she was around the room, it wouldn't take long for Jian to find the girl. As he walked through the crowd, taking the paths with the least amount of people bunched together, he caught a few lingering conversations. Hushed whispers and muttered worrying; mostly about what had just occurred in the fragment room and what exactly it means. The young prince was almost certain that this event would spread across the land quickly, chatty gossipers from every single kingdom having the knowledge of the fainting spell that had overtaken the girls.

Gently pushing past a few straddlers off to the side, he made it to one of the far walls of the grand ballroom, letting him get a pretty clear view of the entire room. Almost immediately, Jian spotted his sister. Her kimono almost matched his to a tee, feathers from her mask peeking out over the heads of some of the dancers. She seemed to be talking with a few men, most likely ensnaring them with her charm. Jian rolled his eyes, careful to not over exaggerate his annoyance at her attitude. He wasn't worried about the men falling in love with her and whisking her away. No, Jian knew too well that Meiying almost always had everything under control and detested him for "ruining her fun" as she would say. He was at least glad that he never had to pull the big brother card of potential suitors, but that always seemed to be in exchange for covering for his troublesome little sister, lest their reputation takes a dive at all the hearts she seemed to ensnare. Nonetheless, he wanted to check up with her and so approached the small group.

"Meiying." He called out, not wanting to come up to the group without garnering their attention first. The two gentlemen looked up at Jian, one give a friendly smile while the other seemed to be more guarded, not showing any emotion to his presence. They both looked to be from Mulada, based on their clothing and overall appearance. Turning around, the girl looked for the origin of the caller and saw her brother. She gave a small and polite smile, shortly bowing as Jian walked up to the group fully. "Ah, brother, good to see you again." Her eyes widened a fraction behind her mask as she took in his appearance. She moved to stand next to Jian, giving the two men their own polite smiles before leaning into him slightly. She harshly whispered and jammed her elbow into his side. "Jian, your mask! Don't disrespect the tradition of a masquerade just because your stupid face is getting sweaty." She glared up at him for a split second before her features completely morphed once again, taking on a calm and serene smile. Jian winced, rubbing his side as he silently slipped his mask back on. Looking at the men, he gave them a smile of his own along with a bow. "I'm sorry gentlemen, but would you allow me to steal my dear sister away for now? I have a few things to discuss with her." The two men looked at each other and shrugged. "Of course. Ah, but Meiying..." The guy with the friendly smile spoke. "It was really nice getting to meet you." He blushed, barely being seen behind his own mask. "Until we meet again my sweet bluebell~"

Mei giggled, hiding her mouth with the hem of her kimono before nodding and taking Jian's arm in her own, leading him away from the crowd. "Is this about the random fainting in the fragment room?" Her face had smoothed over from the cheerful goddess look into more of his own neutral, if not, cautioned look.

"Always on top of the game, hmm dearest sister?" He smiled, not even bothering to look down at the small smirk growing on her face. "You are correct. I wanted to ensure you, mother and father were alright....as well if you had heard anything else?"

Shaking her head with her eyes closed, she answered his question with a bit of a hushed voice as they passed another small group. "I am fine. After hearing what had happened, I was weary of visiting the room myself. Father and mother are still over near the front of the ballroom." She gestured with a nod of her head. "As for information, well...you interrupted that yourself." She sighed and shook her head and Jian frowned, stopping as the two had finally made it to the same wall he had spotted them from. "I was in the middle of gathering whatever I could. Master Andun already took off over towards the fragment room though, so I assume the pieces will surely find their places soon enough."

"I am sorry Mei. If I knew you were gathering intel, I would have sought out our parents first." Shaking her head she gave her brother a smile. "It's alright. Nothing was coming from that dull conversation anyways. Honestly, the dopey one was just flattering me every second, ruining all impact with the oversaturation. The other said only a few words but I gathered he was more of a bodyguard. Nothing of interest."

Suddenly the sound of a gong could be heard, ringing all across the entire palace. The two siblings looked at each and with a nod of recognition began to move toward the front of the room, searching for their parents. Midnight was approaching and they were to gather with their family to see the party come to a close of sorts. As they moved to the front, a head of white hair caught his eye, barely seeing anything due to the mask blocking his peripheral vision. Short and spikey, Jian could recognize the man easily. 'Damian. So you're here as well?' Jian wasn't sure if his colleague would be showing up to another one of these events but supposed the Puran royal family wouldn't let him laze about in a workshop back at home during such an important time of the year. Jian continued to move forward to his parents but made a mental note to check up with his old friend and see if his skill with a blade had sharpened as well as his wit had.

Flaithrí

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Shiro Sagisu

Fate

"this is a dialogue,"

Noirin's cuteness grew as she struggled in returning dialogue, her scarlet flush covering her entire face. She had always been one of the quietest persons Flaithrí had met, and, like Flaithrí, communication didn't seem to come natural to her, or so Flaithrí thought when he noticed Noirin blush. Flaithrí, after all, couldn't have caused her to blush any other way. Compliments were merely the customary way to address someone of the other gender, according to what Flaithrí thought.

"There's no need to thank me for simply expressing the truth; it's obvious that-"
The sound of a gong reverberated throughout the structure, causing Flaithrí to lose his train of his thought. Flaithrí's first opinion was that the gong was a weird instrument of choice for the music at hand, but he was shortly informed that the gong was in fact signalling the end of the ball. This signified that King Kamir's speech would be coming up shortly, and Flaithrí would be free of this ball.

"It feels wonderful to be out and about again. The world has altered dramatically in my absence, and I appreciate the information. Nobody told me about it. Lady Ingrid, the pleasure has been all mine. I'll tell my family about your words the next time I visit them."
Flaithrí bowed as the pair left and went to the main ballroom. It had been an unusual evening, to say the least, and something told him it was only getting started. He was one of the last of the people left in the stone room before he knew it, so he bowed to the two remaining members of the group and he rapidly made his way back to the main ballroom.

The mood was tense; it appeared like everyone was on edge following the incident, as if they were anticipating something more to happen. Flaithrí promptly made his way to a window and gazed up at the stars before attending to his royal duties. It was unusual to behold; he couldn't fully understand it, but even the night sky appeared apprehensive; some stars shone brighter than normal, as if millions of eyes were watching down to see what would happen next. A little shudder ran down Flaithrí's spine; today had been too unusual, even the stars seemed to agree; he would have loved to stay longer, striving to read the stars and decipher the secrets they were trying to communicate, but unfortunately he had other matters to attend to.

Flaithrí made his way through the crowd to the Muladi people's ruling monarch. Flaithrí took his place behind and at the far left of King Kamir, bowing deeply. Being the only member of the Sasuren royal family to attend meant he was alone, which made the young man feel very awkward, and being in front of such a large crowd didn't sit well with the young Prince, who appeared to be visibly uncomfortable, barely able to stand still.

♡coded by uxie♡

Kajsa Thostenson
Interaction:
Salvidor ( The Grand Fool The Grand Fool )
Mentions: Jian ( LieutyXII LieutyXII ), Norin, Andun, Ingrid ( Zodia195 Zodia195 ), Mary ( Blackrose7 Blackrose7 ), Bjorn, Everyone else
When Jian's hand rested on her shoulder, she glanced at it for a moment before turning her gaze back onto him. She gave a small smile in return, as well as a nod of her head. Once he was far enough away, the woman chuckled softly to herself, "What a peculiar choice of words." Watching over a room was far easier than the types of things she's experienced in the frigid mountains. Pep talks such as that weren't completely uncommon, though they were much sterner. Still, it was slightly amusing for a foreign prince to feel compelled to say what he had.

A few others entered the room who seemed to be on their own missions. There was an older woman with blonde hair that came up to the girl still sitting in front of the amethyst. From what Kajsa could hear, the woman was that girl's mother. But for some reason a sense of familiarity washed over her while she watched the two leave. As for the older gentleman who had rushed in fairly quick, she chose to let him be. Having noted Jian's expression before he left the room Kajsa deduced that the old man was probably who had been mentioned earlier. Especially with how he was examining the fragments so closely. Though upon closer inspection, she recognized him soon enough as Andun. Since he was there now there wasn't much need for her to worry so.The Ajnan woman moved to a wall she could lean on all while keeping an eye on everything happening around her. Hanging her head down for a moment, she slipped her mask back on before picking her head back up. Pale orbs quietly watching.

Soon a gong rang throughout the palace. Peering out of the corner of her eye towards the entrance of the fragment room, she recalled what the sound symbolized. According to her mother a gong would be rung close to midnight as in indication of the ball's end coming to a close, as well as the festival entirely. If she could remember correctly, the royal family hosting the festival would give a speech of some sort.

Thankfully with the gong having been rung anyone left in the fragment room began to filter out into the main ballroom. Seemingly eager to hear what the Muladi royal family had to say. Only a few people were left, Kajsa included. One of which being a young man with dark skin who had witnessed the Vinsumian girl punch a rather burly man as he was whisking her away. That masked man seems familiar to me somehow. As well as the girl, she thought to herself as she watched a masked Bjorn and Mary a moment longer. Her head then turned to look at the entrance once more, I have a feeling that this speech is something I must hear with my own ears.

As she made her way towards the entrance, Kajsa paused momentarily in her stride when she was close enough to Salvador as she caught the end of what he was saying. "Thankfully I believe everyone has almost made a full recovery," giving him a small, but somewhat friendly, smile while she gestured towards the entrance, "We should follow their lead though and make our way to the ballroom. The king's speech isn't something to be missed. Come, we can head there together if you would like." With that she exited the fragment room and waited for Salvador to follow. Though when she caught sight of Andun standing guard close by, she raised a brow in suspicion.

Last edited:
stella ainsley.
confused, anxious
fragments display ----> ballroom
n/a
gold dress + mask
Hearing the sound of the gong, Stella realized how close it was to midnight. She'd completely lost track of time. How long had she been out for?

She was still quite discombobulated, but she began to make her way to the ballroom for the king's speech. Nervously, she adjusted her mask on her face, making sure her identity was concealed. There'd be plenty of high ranking Puranian figures present here, and she'd heard down the grapevine that she'd become a bit of a laughingstock amongst them. Her parents were high-profile alchemists, and it had caused a great deal of drama when their child turned out to be, well, a failure. According to Puranian values, being directionless at her age was a sad sort of amusing.

She spotted several of the girls from earlier in the crowd, feeling the same pull at her heart again. It was so bizarre - she'd never met any of them tonight, and yet she felt inexplicably connected to them.

Stella was undeniably on edge. She'd had a great night, but something seemed... off. There was something strange in the air. Looking around, she could see several other people who looked to be feeling nervous as well - including the mage Andun, which was oddly out of character for him. Her apprehension only grew - if other people were feeling the same way, it definitely wasn't just her typical anxiety talking.

coded by natasha.

Hearing the sound of the gong, Stella realized how close it was to midnight. She'd completely lost track of time. How long had she been out for?

She was still quite discombobulated, but she began to make her way to the ballroom for the king's speech. Nervously, she adjusted her mask on her face, making sure her identity was concealed. There'd be plenty of high ranking Puranian figures present here, and she'd heard down the grapevine that she'd become a bit of a laughingstock amongst them. Her parents were high-profile alchemists, and it had caused a great deal of drama when their child turned out to be, well, a failure. According to Puranian values, being directionless at her age was a sad sort of amusing.

She spotted several of the girls from earlier in the crowd, feeling the same pull at her heart again. It was so bizarre - she'd never met any of them tonight, and yet she felt inexplicably connected to them.

Stella was undeniably on edge. She'd had a great night, but something seemed... off. There was something strange in the air. Looking around, she could see several other people who looked to be feeling nervous as well - including the mage Andun, which was oddly out of character for him. Her apprehension only grew - if other people were feeling the same way, it definitely wasn't just her typical anxiety talking.

» Asta Ariti
『 @Zodia, Dextra Dextra and carrlavoie carrlavoie
Mood(s) : Amazement, happiness, and hurried
Mention(s) : Noirin, Flaithri and Belinha.
Interaction(s) : Aalto

Aalto put his hands up in apology, shaking his head. "Not at all! I'm sorry, I really inserted myself here, didn't I? Apologies to the lady and you both."

Asta shook her head, smiling, "It's completely alright, I'm sure Miss Noirin didn't mind, you were simply worried for me. So, thank you." she said as she gave her best curtsy, although it was still rather clumsy. She looked over to Miss Noirin who was crowded with once again beautiful people. Her head swam with dizziness. This is what fancy people looked like, all beautiful and ready to be stars of the show. Miss Noirin was bright red after a man said something and it took all her might not to giggle at the two.

"As the representative of Anahaly here I felt it my duty to check on the commotion, I didn't mean to butt in like that. Not very princely of me, was it? Please, call me Aalto." He gave her a respectful bow, one hand placed lightly over his heart. "And what may I call you?"

As soon as he mentioned Anahaly her olive eyes went wide, "You're from Anahaly as well?" she blurted out, she clearly sounded thrilled someone was from the same place as she was but just then she tried clearing her throat. Which failed, but replied, "I'm just a passing girl sir Aalto, no need to apologize and you were worried for the safety of me, thank you... Asta is my name." she smiled. But then his response took her back to... princely. Prince. Oh lord. He was a prince.

Just then her face went extremely shocked, confused, to worry but she didn't see to know he was a prince. "I didn't know you were a prince..." she murmured, her eyes shining with astonishment, there was no disgust in them. She looked a his two colored eyes. Her brother had similar eyes like that. Two different eyes.

"Hi, I am Belinha Basurto of Histadel. Nice to meet you! This evening has been pretty crazy. I for one will never forget it."

Suddenly another girl introduced herself who was near miss Noirin, Asta gave a small smile to the girl and nodded. Once the gong came open. She looked around. Everyone was moving she had to go too. They were leaving. Although she went to the ball today, she had to return to her island tomorrow.

She quickly tried to give a graceful curtsy to sir Aalto, but ended up looking wonky. She felt her face get hot and was thankful for the mask. "It was very nice to meet you Sir prince Aalto. Goodbye." she smiled. As she quickly picked up the sides of her dress and began weaving through the crowd as she jogged. She had to prepare for tomorrow. Get everything ready. She stayed here too late. Too late. She quickly tried to leave the castle hastily.

code by @Nano

Ajna Bastard Prince
Hallbjorn Osbjornsen
Troll Hunter
Mascaraed ball

Bjorn looked down as the young lady introduced herself. He smiled. "I'm third prince Hallbjorn Osbjornsen of Anja. It is a pleasure of mine to help you," he said bowing lightly to the young lady. "It is a funny thing what happened, and the fact they happened around the stones. They each look like portals that open to depths of power and wisdom that many could only wish to achieve... Ah, there I go again, being the poetic Anjan I am. Anyways, I hope your nose isn't broken, it doesn't seem that you fell that hard onto it, just enough to cause it to bleed. It will possible swell, and unless their is a cleric or healing monk around, you'll be stuck with a stuffy nose."

Then the gong struck, and Bjorn looked up. "That's my cue to find my older, but littler, brother. The king of this warm city wishes the royal families to venture up on the platform. Do you by any chance have a pair of scissors? I got my daggers taken away. I was dumb and decided to braid the ribbon that is keeping my mask on into my hair. It will take a longer than wanted time to undo it."
Code by Serobliss

Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Salvador Cesar Allegro Monterio
Every leaf has a mystery, and ever person has a pet peeve.

Salvador's attention got stolen by a lady with raven hair and blue, almost grey eyes. Her manner of speaking was familiar, and he could barely put a finger on it, but the name of the country kept slipping from his mind.

"Yes, yes we should," he sighed, glade he woke up in time for this pivotal moment. "In fact, as the representative of the Hastadel royal family I'm suppose to be up on stage with the king. Hopefully I won't need to use my natural charisma to woo the crowed with a speech. Such dreary talks don't attract the ladies like one on one seductions."

He looked back at the lady, and a gleam lit up in his eyes. "And speaking of seduction, you almost stole the breath from my bosom the moment I saw you." It would of been smooth had he not have to choke down a laugh the entire time he said it. He thought people trying to be smooth was absolutely hilarious, and so he often took it to the extreme of cringy yet comedic. He new that if you could make a person laugh, they're more likely to help you in the future.

"But yes, that mountain of muscle is a prince of Anja," he muttered. "That mask seems almost out of place and yet fits him perfectly. All he needs is a crack or two and a splatter of blood and he'd look like some war chieftain ready to sacrifice some fair maidens for a demon contract."

He shook his head and followed the pretty lady, his eyes roaming over the audience. Everyone seemed excited, like this speech was going to be epic. He would of been down with the crowd than up on the stage being gawked at. Not that he didn't mind the attention. It usually made the girls he liked disinterested in him and the girls he'd rather avoid ambush him. He fiddled with his earing for a second before smiling at the lady again. "This is were we have to part ways unfortunately," he said in a somber tone, but his eyes smiled and the corner of his lips quaked. "May we meet again fair lady." And with that he made a bee-line for the platform.

Code By Nano

SoI
AALTO AENON
Things were moving too fast paced for Aalto. He wasn't used to playing the political prince at these functions and was usually just there to enjoy the party, but as the sole representative of Anahaly he was doing his best to to play his part and be respectable. Still, his head spun with the introductions. Asta from Anahaly - he thought her accent had sounded familiar, but the dialect she used was one not frequently heard near the capital - was nearly cut off as another woman smiled enthusiastically and introduced herself as Belinha of Histadel. Over her shoulder Aalto caught the eye of the masked man who was now talking to Miss Noirin. Prince Flaithri, he overheard a lady call him. The heir of Sasuren who had only just reemerged into society from his own self-inflicted isolation. Aalto had heard plenty of rumors about why the prince had secluded himself, but he would be curious to speak to the man and hear the truth straight from the source. He returned the respectful nod Flaithri gave him, acknowledging his presence and status.

As Aalto turned back to Asta and Belinha (Asta who was wide eyed and seemed to be processing the fact that he'd introduced himself as a prince still), he opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a gong sounding: the signal for the end of the ball and a summons for everybody to gather to hear the Muladi king's final speech. A swell of unease rose briefly in his chest at the reminder that he, as a prince of Anahaly, would have to stand by the king with the rest of the royals, alone, as a show of unity as they dismissed their guests. As he pulled out of his thoughts, Belinha was already winding away. Asta gave him an awkward, obviously unpracticed, curtsy that brought a genuine smile to his face.

"It was very nice to meet you Sir prince Aalto. Goodbye." She said, and he bowed low to her, still smiling. "And you, Lady Asta. Do take care, and perhaps I will see you again in Anahaly."

Aalto followed the flow of people out of the fragment room and into the larger room where the dancing had been. The royal families were already gathering on the dais, looking as majestic and respectable as was expected of the ruling people. Aalto was a little relieved to see he didn't seem to be the only one who would be standing alone without his family around him. He stepped up onto the platform, untying his mask and letting it drop from his face. He took his place behind the ruling family of Mulada, gazing out upon the many, many people around them. As always, he struggled to ignore the feeling of discomfort that tried to push up through his chest at so many eyes watching him. At so many people taking in his light skin and mismatched eyes. It doesn't matter, He told himself, straightening his shoulders and schooling his features into neutrality. I am still a prince of Anahaly.

Location| Heading out of the shard room
Interaction|Mary ( Blackrose7 Blackrose7 ) and Bjorn ( The Grand Fool The Grand Fool )

Thankful for the stranger retreat, Nadia steadily pulled herself from the floor, feet staggering a bit. Heat crept up her skin at the memory of her, mearly seconds ago, sprawled out on the floor. It wasn't the thought of how disgraceful she had looked, no, it was the shameful thought that her mother hadn't shown concern. As if she could care less about her daughters well being, the you women flinched at that stream of thought, shaking her head as if she could dislodge them from her brain.

How ungrateful could she be? Her mother had done nothing but sacrifice for her, for her to receive everything she has this day. Yet here she was, selfishly wishing for more, wrongly accusing her poor mother of-she broke off not wanting to finish that thought. Nadia gathered the silk skirt about her, they had long gone beyond the point of repair but she honestly couldn't find anything in her that was willing to care at this point. What did it matter? Her performance was already ruined, she had already disappointed her mother by allowing the prince for slip threw her fingers, no respectable male would even think of approaching her after her disgraceful behavior.

She might as well melted then and their, a useless daughter like her deserved non of the luxuries that were provided for her, her fist clenched her skirt. No, don't make an even big seen. The toll of the gong singling that the ball was nearing it's end send a wave relief crashing through the young women's body, she almost felt light. As if being drawn from something that was weighing her down. Not bothering to fix her mask, she began to move along with the stream of bodies.

She had spotted her mother, but to her shame, she didn't want to go towards her waiting arms. Instead her hazed eyes landed on two figures, now she wasn't sure what drew them there. It was like that strange unnamed pull that drew her towards the shards, she felt connected to them. One of the "Males" seemed far more welcoming then the other, perhaps it was "his" less Intimidating figure then "his" companion, or the warm draw that was pulling her towards "him".

Perhaps her emotional state just left her to be vulnerable to any attractive male, even if she couldn't see clearly through her veil. Whatever the reason, she found herself pushing against bodies, fighting her way through throngs of people, just to stumble near " him". Whatever that had possessed her, made her smile warmly at this stranger, words she would have never said unless prompted to by her mother spilling fr her lips.

"Whats a lovely stranger like you doing standing here? " her face flushed, hands lifting slightly as if she wanted to touch "him". " how can someone so enchanting exist " she whispered.

Last edited:
» Mary Feldstein
『 TAGGED 』 The Grand Fool The Grand Fool | Paradiso Paradiso
Mood: Happy, and then confuse.
Mentions: N/A

Mary’s reaction toward Bjorn introducing him as a prince didn’t change her neutral expression for a while, because she seems to not care about their fancy title. Although, a warm smile then appeared on her face when the sweet prince gave her a slight bow. ‘So Bjorn is a prince? How intriguing, and he didn’t have any reasons to help me. Yet, this big teddy bear did it, anyway.’ thought Mary. They admired them for their kindness, and had no interest in their prince’s title. In fact, the prince thing wasn’t all that important to her, since it only just told her about being respectful towards them.

Bjorn brought up how it was funny how the fainting thing happened around the stones, and this only confirmed what she was thinking about before she passed out on the floor. “Maybe you are right, Bjorn. It wasn’t a pure coincidence how me and those six girls passed out on the floor in front of those stones.” said Mary.
Bjorn was then apologizing for being poetic, but she didn’t mind about that. “No need to apologize to me for being poetic, Bjorn. However, I would be careful about doing something like that if you plan to visit Vinsumi. Let’s just say that the other Vinsumi girls who aren’t like me would go crazy over a poetic guy like yourself.”
Mary knows how her people would behave in front of someone with a unique form of communication. They would go nuts over it, and might start a fight just to keep someone like that for themselves. It always resulted in that person running away, and it always makes her feel bad for their horrible experience in Vinsumi.

The sweet prince then brought up how he hopes her nose isn’t broken, so Mary gently put some pressure on where the bones in her nose are at. It sting for a bit, but they didn’t feel any of the bones in her nose move from doing that. “I don’t think I broke my nose, Bjorn, but a cleric or a healing monk would be a good idea.” said Mary. She appreciated Bjorn’s advice, despite her not knowing where the healing service would be in Vinsumi. It also doesn’t help how she doesn’t know the cost of doing something like that, since it could be expensive to be treated by a healer.

The gong was heard throughout the masquerade ball, and this caused Bjorn to say that he has to go look for his brother. They also asked if she had a pair of scissors, which was a funny coincidence. “It’s funny how you asked me for a pair of scissors, because I just so happened to sneak that in.” said Mary, who pulled one of her arms in the kimono to get the hidden scissors from the hidden pocket from their back.
As for why Mary brought a sharp pair of scissors. It was in case she needed to cut something simple or for self defense. “I only brought this with me in case it was needed, and do be careful with it. It is sharp.” said Mary, who gave Bjorn the scissors.
The scissors itself have a fancy lotus design on it, and it was indeed sharp though to be used as a weapon.

After Mary gave Bjorn the scissors, some random girl stumbled near her. It made her step back a bit, since this girl literally appeared from out of nowhere. “Oh, hello there. I am just talking to my new friend here before he leaves to go find their brother.” said Mary, who then realized what that girl just said to her.
Her face blushed from pure embarrassment, because this random girl flirted for no reason. ‘Did she just call me lovely? Because I am honestly confused by this.’ thought Mary.
They don’t know how to react to that, as nobody ever flirted towards her until now.

a2a7c4c3db2c35b5c6a3d8a739f909af.png

Involves: Everyone

Soon all guests stood in front of the royals. King Kamir came forward and waved for everyone to quiet down. He spoke after they did.

"Midnight approaches and I hope that all of you have enjoyed tonight's festivities and this year's festival. I would like to thank the people of Mulada for doing a wonderful job acting as hosts. When midnight comes, the festival will officially be over, and we can all remove our masks. Before that, I have one more announcement. In a few months' time, my eldest son Aamir will be 24 years old, and, on that day, he will be crowned king as I will be stepping down."

This caused the crowd to cheer, and Prince Aamir came forward and bowed before stepping back.

Midnight was seconds away as the wind picked up. The female figure could feel the energy of the fragments churning and centered herself for what she knew was to come.

"The time has come. Where will fate lead this world? Everything changes . . . now."

In that instant, the seven fragments began to unleash their power and the floor started to shake. People started falling over as the shaking increased. Andun almost fell down and looked at the fragments to see they were causing the shaking for there was magical energy bursting from them. Seeing a crack appear in the floor, the wizard knew it was an earthquake. Staggering up, he rushed towards the fragments. First, he used his magic to make the physical barriers vanish before taking down his own barrier shield, then he managed to get into the middle of the seven pedestals and steady himself. Using his staff, he sent out his own magical energy to keep the palace stabilized. This act would keep the castle standing and the land it stood on, but he wasn't sure how the city would fare.

The lone female on the roof managed to stay standing too when the earthquake hit. Even though it was dark, she could feel the panic rising down below and she could feel the land start to break apart. At this rate, the whole capital might collapse.

"I'll do what I can and hope it's enough," she said.

Connecting with the fragments also, the woman unleashed her own magic, only she tried to keep the land area stable so it wouldn't break apart. Several buildings did start to crumble though. This part of Incienda wasn't used to earthquakes so the architecture was vulnerable to them. At least the land wouldn't crumble because if it did than there would be massive destruction all over. Only areas close to the palace would have the least amount of damage since there's where the stabilizing magic was occurring. She hoped things would turn out all right. Still her heart ached as she could hear screaming from below.

The instant the earthquake hit, Aamir was quick to two of his sisters' sides as his father protected his mother and another sister protected the youngest. The royal guard were quick to see to the safety of the other royals but were still brought to the ground by the intense shaking. Aamir had no idea what was happening and for once in his life felt helpless to do anything and hated that feeling.

Belinha would have been sent flying if it hadn't been for Marco. He grabbed her the instant she felt herself being heaved by the shaking, but his strong arms came around her and they felt to the ground with Marco taking the brunt of the fall. Maria had been forced to the ground by Pedro.

"What's happening Marco?!" screamed Belinha.

"I don't know Inha! Stay still okay, I'll protect you!" Marco assured her, even though he had hurt his shoulder when they landed.

Noirin fell forward when the earthquake hit. She instinctively covered her head but still banged her knee upon landing and groaned in pain. Instantly she looked for her mother but didn't see her at first and felt panic rising, but soon felt comforting hands around her. It was her mother, she lowered to the ground instantly it struck midnight because of her instincts and saw her daughter go down. For the first time she knew what true fear felt like.

"Momma, my knee hurts, I think I banged it." Noirin said.

"Shh, stay still, we'll look at it as soon as the shaking stops." Ingrid said as she cradled her daughter's head on her own knees.

It seemed like hours for the people when really the earthquake only lasted for several minutes. As things settled down, Andun dropped to his knees, trying to breath and regain some of his strength.

Outside, the female figure dropped completely and fainted dead away because all her strength was gone from protecting the land.

Back inside the palace, everyone was trying to make sense of what happened. King Kamir immediately dispatched soldiers to check out the palace and city for any damage before addressing the people there. He also called for any healers to check for injuries. Even Andun managed to regain himself and helped with those who were injured. Noirin's knee turned out to be okay, but Marco's shoulder had been dislocated and had to be fix. While Mulada wasn't the most well versed in healing, they did specialize in physical injuries since the people weren't afraid of getting hurt.

Finally, King Kamir came forward again and said, "Everyone, I don't know what just happened as we have never had anything like this happened before, but rest assured I will find out."

He kept his voice strong for in times of crisis it was always critical to act that way even when you were scared inside.

"I know what has happened your majesty." Andun replied as he walked towards the king.

He was very tired, which caused the guards to go over and help him get to the royals.

"Would it be too much to ask if I sit down? I am famished." Andun requested.

King Kamir nodded and had some guards go fetch an actual chair from one of the other rooms. Grateful, Andun sat down before explaining things to the crowd.

"Thank you. Now to answer your question, I know exactly what happened and unfortunately the news will not be good. It appears that the balance of this planet has be disrupted."

"How do you know that?" asked King Kamir.

"The fragments. When the world becomes unbalanced, the fragments react to one another and exerted a large amount of magical energy to try and restore it. Unfortunately, since the fragments themselves aren't one with their hosts, they only make the situation worse by causing the earthquake. I connected with the fragments to try and keep the palace standing. Don't know about the rest of the city, but I can assure you the palace is fine."

King Kamir's face went pale, and he ordered more soldiers to check out the city.

Turning back to the wizard he asked, "Is there anything we can do to bring back balance?"

Andun looked at the king and nodded, "Actually there is. Long ago a prophecy was foretold, and I have it right here with me. I always carried it because I knew one day these events would happen."

The elderly man revealed a hidden scroll on his side that was attached to his belt in a protective case. Taking it out, the scroll was of average size as it was rolled out. Andun cleared his voice a bit before reading it aloud.

"'We 7 cast these stones into the unknown,

There will come a time when they will be sought though.

A hundred years times 7, a threat will rise,

That will result in Incienda's demise.

Hope will come from 7 more,

When they find the stones and bring balance to this world,

We leave for them parts of the stones,

They must be joined with their hosts.

The pieces will find the 7,

And the 7 each must bring one for protection.

Heed our words, for they are true,

Beware the one thing that can do and undo.

Have faith and you will see,

As we will, so mote it be.

Signed the Founders of Incienda and the Creators of the Stones,

Astelle, Serena, Anya, Jael, Cistra, Calliope, and Jennah.'

So, there you have it. In order to bring back the balance, the fragments must be reunited with the original stones again. If we don't find them, then this world is doomed. It also states that only seven people can find them."

"But how do we find these seven people?" asked the king of Mulada.

"Well, it says that the fragments will find them. Might I suggest that they be unleashed?" Andun suggested.

"But where will they go? They could go to anyone or anywhere." Aamir's mother, Queen Qadira said.

"We'll just have to trust in the fragments Queen Qadira. Hopefully the chosen seven are here in this room," replied Andun.

"Very well than. I will release the Jasper fragment. My fellow royals, might I have your permissions to release the other fragments?" King Kamir asked the other royals.

The rest of them looked at each other and all nodded. It was obvious all were uneasy, but with the world at stake, they didn't have a choice. So, some soldiers went into the other room and released the fragments from their glass containers. All at once the fragments flew into the other room and swirled around and around above the people. Suddenly they stopped and floated in midair before flying straight before seven young women, who were none other than Nadia, Belinha, Stella, Asta, Mary, Kajsa, and Noirin.

Noirin was shocked when the Amethyst fragment appeared before her started questioning herself internally.

"Why me?"

"I can't do this!"

"I don't even know where to start!"

"Why can't someone braver or stronger do this?!"

It was in that second that Noirin looked up and saw her mother. Lady Ingrid smiled sadly at her daughter and nodded. Noirin suddenly knew that this was her duty and this must have been why her mother wanted her to come to the ball. She was meant to do this. Sighing, Noirin hesitantly reached out and took hold of the Amethyst fragment. Violet energy flowed into her. Just like that, her nerves were gone for some reason; like her spirit was at ease. Noirin wondered how long this feeling would last though.

Belinha was just as surprised to see the Carnelian fragment in front of her. So much so, she removed her mask to make sure it was still in front of her, and it was. She started reaching out for it but soon was stopped by her brothers.

"No Belinha! You can't do this!" Marco stated.

"It's too dangerous!" added Pedro.

Ignoring them, the Histadelian young lady grasped her fragment and orange energy flowed into her. It felt like new life came into her. Still, she was afraid. Maria laid a comforting hand on her sister's shoulder.

Andun smiled at the scene before him. All 7 Chosen were the same young ladies that had collapsed earlier. This just proved nothing was ever coincidental.

"Looks like Destiny has decided to smile upon us," he commented.

stella ainsley.
AAAAAAAAAAAA
ballroom
various npcs
gold dress + mask
When the ground began to rumble, Stella reacted on instinct. Without missing a beat, she pushed through the crowd, making her way to the edge. Once she found a less crowded spot, she dropped to the floor, covering her head and neck with her hands.

Her quick thinking had allowed her to get to a safer position before the quake reached its apex. Unfortunately, from the sounds of commotion around her, it seemed that most of the ballgoers were not so lucky. Screams and cries rang out as cracks began to run through the floor.

It felt like the ground was going to cave beneath her any second. The voices of the victims were nearly drowned out by the rumbling. Her breathing shallow and fast, she forced her eyes shut, curling into herself and praying that this would be over soon.

--

The seconds passed by like minutes, and the minutes like hours. Despite this, however, the shaking eventually subsided.

Once she was sure the quake had stopped, Stella slowly uncovered her head, rising slowly from the ground. From what she could see, the castle was remarkably intact. There were clearly several injured, but it seemed that the damage was minimal. Luckily, she had suffered no injuries from the quake (except, perhaps, some emotional damage).

As the chaos began to die down slightly, the king's authoritative voice rang out through the ballroom. His voice was urgent, yet compassionate.

And then, the wizened mage spoke up. He spoke of things that Stella didn't understand. Balance of the world? A prophecy? What did it all mean?

She was silent as the prophecy was read. Each line only contributed to her growing anxiety. Incendia was in danger? And the founders had known about this, hundreds of years prior?

It didn't make sense. None of it made sense.

One line in particular stuck out to her. Beware the thing that can do and undo. The rest of the prophecy had been seemingly quite straightfoward - like something out of a fantasy novella - but what was that line supposed to mean?

She didn't know. She didn't know about any of this. Why now? Why was it happening now? Why was it that barely a year after she'd left home, the world was literally ending? Was this some sort of sick joke?

Things could not get any worse.

(and then they did.)

--

The citrine fragment was in front of her.

One second, it hadn't been there. Now it was.

She stepped to the right. It followed. She stepped back, and it followed.

Oh.

Tentatively, she reached out to touch the crystal. Its soft glow brightened for a moment, before swirling around her body and sinking directly into her heart.

The fragment's body coursed through her body like the blood in her veins, and suddenly, she felt alive. Like the whole world was at her fingertips. Like she could do anything in that moment.

The feeling was immediately pushed aside by a tidal wave of emotion. Confusion and fear crashed into her all at once. She stumbled backwards, the fragment still in her hand.

How could this be possible?

No. It wasn't possible. This fragment, it was everything. This prophecy was perhaps the most significant event that would ever occur in her lifetime.

And what was she? Nineteen-year-old Stella Ainsley, the amissa amina, an exile of Puran. Insignificant, directionless, pitiable Stella.

But despite everything, the fragment was here, in her hand. And she had known the moment she'd touched it that this was no mistake.

--

As she stared at the fragment, mixed emotions swirling in her mind, she began to notice hushed whispers gathering around her. Looking up, she saw a group of people - all dressed in Puranian regalia - regarding her with a variety of expressions. Confusion (like her), annoyance (less like her), gratitude (definitely not like her). Their masks had been taken off, and she could see everything they were feeling written all over their faces.

Suddenly, a tall figure pushed through the crowd, and Stella's heart nearly stopped.

That was the vice-chairman of the Council.

"Ah, I see our fragment has chosen its lucky guardian! And who might you be, miss?" A wide smile was on the man's face, as he looked down upon her.

She thanked her lucky stars that her mask had stayed on in the commotion.

"Uh. I- I think I'd rather... stay... anonymous for now. Yeah. I don't really like publicity-" she breathed, panicking, trying to find an excuse to keep her identity concealed.

The councillor was taken aback, watching her with an air of mirth. "I see."

She took a step away, and he took a step forward. "Say, isn't the masquerade over? It's time for everyone to do away with their masks." He gave her a knowing stare, as she sensed the true meaning behind his words.

"Please. Leave me alone. I need to go-" She tried to walk away, but the crowd was growing tighter around her. People were desperate to know who their chosen was. And, as it turned out, desperate people do desperate things.

The strap of her mask was pulled over her head, and she felt her last line of defense be pulled away.

The Puranians around her went silent as the grave.

She looked at the councillor in horror. He stared back in shock. Her mask was on the floor at his side, having fallen from his hand.

Her voice trembling, she spoke once more. "I said.... to leave me alone."

With that, she turned on her heel and fled.

She pushed through two people abruptly, and she heard one of them gasp in shock. Instinctively, she looked back.

She shouldn't have.

She knew those faces. She'd lived with them for eighteen years.

Clutching the fragment, she ran faster than ever. She wasn't going anywhere in particular, she just needed to get out. Now.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back