• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Stonequest! [RP]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Barrius Bangla
Streets of Dunwell
Barrius shrugged at the question. "I guess not. Not anymore than it would bother a human, anywyays." And then a more interesting question came up. One related to thievery.

“you a lockpick man or more smash and grab?”

Why would Farr ask something like that. He knew they might have to steal a thing but that was still a strange question to ask. Especially in broad daylight. Nevertheless, Barrius answered.

"Lockpicks." He replied. "Smash and grabs can get messy and I'm badnat fighting. Plus, my wings are delicate. The glass could shred them up." He lifted up his wing to show Farr.

NeonFlow NeonFlow

Mentions: Farr (( NeonFlow NeonFlow )), Barrius (( BackSet BackSet )), Stephen (( Steve Freeling Steve Freeling ))

The two assigned for the scouting of their mark proved to be an appalling experience. Both have managed to enter the dingy store, but it was quite difficult to even stay in it. The stench was unforgivably and quite possibly detrimental to the hobgoblins health, so he lifts a piece of his fur sleeves to his face before the fumes absolutely denies him of his living. His action did little to quench the stench, but he persisted on. As they enter the store, a pitiful crone greets them, as if they had more customers to have in a place such as this.

Their store is what Udgirr imagined it to be, given the location. A lot of nature-provided ingredients line the shelves from glowing mushrooms to what frankly looks like dung. Udgirr sees that the support beams of the structure was still visible on the walls, so it's possible this was unfinished, or was stripped down at one point. Anyhow, back to the matter at hand. Udgirr returns his attention to the woman that greeted them.

"We are on the search for Warp Stones, if that is what I believe they were called. Does your store sell some here?" Udgirr asks, hoping that they were correct so that they need not search further. "Also, if there is, how much would one cost?" Udgirr adds to his previous question.

Albus Lux

Mentioned
NeonFlow NeonFlow / King Leo/Farr
Rurnur Rurnur / Azal

"Let me hide" Albus said hiding his wings, making them fade and be absorbed by the cloak he wore. He shouldn't really be in the mortal continent since it was quite dangerous, or at least he thought so thanks to his parent's stories about wars and how people used magic just as a tool rather than an extension of themselves. It was quite disappointing, and it proved the fact that the other creatures weren't really in tune with nature, except for the Sky-racers and Elves, his dream was to meet one to ask them a few questions about magic, as his goal was to learn as much as possible and become part of a Magic Council. The white sky-racer walked among the crowd with a smile on his face as he closed one eye and crossed his arms, all was new to him, but at the same time quite common. The food, the market, it had a common feeling and he wasn't amused... He wanted something amusing to happen!

Then he repressed those thoughts as amusement most of the time was something bad happening, such as someone robbing a shop or a fight between two individuals, which although it was quite amusing, it was still bad. "I'll take a look at the castle and go back to the island. Mr. Rails would be pissed I don't practice my marksmanship." He said to himself as he hid in between an alley once again, although he didn't know that someone knew about him being a Sky-racer. With the command "Let me fly" his wings manifested once again and then he just shot himself upwards with a jump and a flap of his wings, leaving a cloud of dust behind to then glide towards the castle. From above, he had a better perspective of the city, a nice place to visit, yet he wouldn't like living in an overpopulated kingdom for sure.

Albus landed on a building nearby, which gave him a nice view of the castle. With a smile drawn on his face, admiring how beautiful it was, before then looking how the king along with some guards talked with a bird beastkin, yet without hearing what they were speaking about. Only the shadow of a winged being could be seen from above the building (assuming its daytime). He decided to stay that way since he was going to leave after all, it wasn't a big deal if one of two people saw him before as he might never come back.​

Mentions: Farr (( NeonFlow NeonFlow )), Barrius (( BackSet BackSet )), Stephen (( Steve Freeling Steve Freeling ))

The two assigned for the scouting of their mark proved to be an appalling experience. Both have managed to enter the dingy store, but it was quite difficult to even stay in it. The stench was unforgivably and quite possibly detrimental to the hobgoblins health, so he lifts a piece of his fur sleeves to his face before the fumes absolutely denies him of his living. His action did little to quench the stench, but he persisted on. As they enter the store, a pitiful crone greets them, as if they had more customers to have in a place such as this.

Their store is what Udgirr imagined it to be, given the location. A lot of nature-provided ingredients line the shelves from glowing mushrooms to what frankly looks like dung. Udgirr sees that the support beams of the structure was still visible on the walls, so it's possible this was unfinished, or was stripped down at one point. Anyhow, back to the matter at hand. Udgirr returns his attention to the woman that greeted them.

"We are on the search for Warp Stones, if that is what I believe they were called. Does your store sell some here?" Udgirr asks, hoping that they were correct so that they need not search further. "Also, if there is, how much would one cost?" Udgirr adds to his previous question.
Gleams and goods Computing Magus Computing Magus Steve Freeling Steve Freeling
————

The old lady nodded a few times while making noises “mmm uh huh.”
She rattled all her fingers across the counter before asking the two men to follow her.
The door to the right of the counter led to a storeroom. Boxes and crates lined the walls, some were colour coded with a splotch of red or green. The smell was a lot stronger in here.

As Steve and Udgirr follow the woman she elaborates... “I should have three warp stones in the back... expensive for one, even more for two. If you want the one for alchemy I’ll charge you 60 gold coins or something of equal value... if you need two stones it’s double... the stones have no magic so don’t complain that they look bland”

Following the woman’s shuffles she points to the top of a shelf, the most sturdy looking furniture in the entire place.

“That box underneath all the others. That has warp stones in it” she clapped her hands and pointed at the four boxes of various crystals on top.
“Go on, if you wanna see them put those carefully to the side and get them out” she coughed twice and leant on the wall to support herself.
————-
Just outside. BackSet BackSet
——
“ah true” farr couldn’t help but wonder how weak said wings could be...
If he was cut is that mean he can’t fly at all?
I’m glad I don’t have wings. Wait. No... flying seems great.
as if to illustrate that point a blonde skyracer zips past along the sky.
Farr squinted in annoyance, it’s not like he’s trying to show off... but it just seems whenever one of those winged people fly past...

Reaching into his satchel for his pipe he realises he hasn’t any flint.
Waiting is tedious. I should have drank more at the dragon...
Should have done a lot of things today.

“hey Barrius got a fire starter?”

Azal took a breath of fresh air and adjusted his clothing upon leaving the castle, taking several moment to preen his feathers, some of which had been dirtied by the scuffle with the guards. Well, that could not have gone better! The bird thought to himself. While an adventure for the sake of adventure was always nice, a quest for a king, for the good of the kingdom was even better. Just as he was about to descend back into the streets from where he came, he stopped himself, pondering what his next action should be. "Hm.. now, I must find a way to reunite with my party, hopefully they have not gone too far without me!" He said. Looking from right to left, he scratched at his head confusedly. Would they still be searching for the elf, Weglas? They were headed to some sort of brothel, if I recall correctly..

Azal continued to think for a few moments, about where to go next, that was, until he was instead thinking about what to eat next. Licking his beak, the large bird headed straight towards the Dunwel markets, following the scent of fruit and nuts with a confident stride.

Barrius Bangla
Dunwell
"I'm afraid I don't." Barrius said. Smoking was hazerdous in his line of work (granted, it was hazerdous even outside his line of work but still) he never did it. Though, he was wishing he had bought a fire starter for different reasons. In case they needed to burn this shack down to make a getaway or something. No. That was a bit too much. Definitely a bit much.

It appears that the inventory would be further down the shop, which the lady seemed to have led them. To think that they were to commit a theft under this poor woman's nose... if only there was a different option. Anyhow, the stench was less dampened in this area, and something could definitely be dead in here and Udgirr wouldn't have known. A lot of his extra neck fur is drawn up to his face, bar his eyes as even through the pelt can he still smell it. He follows the woman's orders to get the Warp Stones, in a gratefully nicer part of the shop. He grabs the necessary box and puts it down.

"Here, are these it?" Udgirr drops, pointing towards the box the old lady indicated. He absentmindedly looks around the room some more, noting the system and details the old lady has done to maintain the shop to what it currently is. Whether successful or not, again, Udgirr was not sure.

Albus Lux

Mentioned
Rurnur Rurnur / Azal

The white haired winged man seemed to be interested in the bird beastkin. Why? Because they were the closest thing to a Sky-racer in that place, the humans didn't have wings or had low magical ability compared to that of his race, but beastkin, specially Avian ones were like a mixture of the two in Albus' eyes. Having the ability to fly/glide and use magic as naturally as Elves and the Sky-race. With a smile on his face, he decided to put his shyness aside and talk to the bird, just a simple question and after that he'll leave back to his home around the clouds. Albus used his wings as parachute, floating softly before landing a few steps in front a crowd of people that saw him and kept saying things like He's one of them, another angel has come and such things, but he had an objective in mind and he would totally fulfill it before literally fleeing away. The bird was already moving, slightly far from him yet he ran after them with swift moves, hiding his wings by saying the words "Let me hide" and making the cloak absorb them once again.

"Excuse me, Mr. Birdman!" He said with a slightly soft yet hyped voice. He was going to talk to someone for the first time that doesn't involve his clan after all. "I've noticed your vibrant colors and outfit... Are you perhaps... Well versed in the arts of magic?" He said with a shy smile, the hood of the cloak covering his head, projecting a shadow on his face and making his eyes glow slightly thanks to his light affinity and magical potential.​

Gleams and goods Computing Magus Computing Magus Steve Freeling Steve Freeling
——-
The old lady (who was accustomed to the smell) went to stop Udgirr from taking Said box back to the front of the store, to slow and quiet to stop him she just followed and got the three warp stones out one by one until three sat on the counter. One was slightly jagged, the other two matched each other in colour and shape.

“These are warp stones. Once two of the same sort are imbued with magic energy with just a touch you can appear at the other stones location. Buying just one is good for making potions though... the dust of one of these can make things legendary... if done correctly mind you... I think you want two yes? Have you the coin between the two of you?”
The lady explained a bit of a sales pitch before asking of money.

Udgirr would notice a few wires hanging about the entrance door and a few places on the ceiling. Apart from that nothing to suspicious. A dirty smelling stone wall and floor shop...
——
Farr made a tsk noise upon hearing Barrius’s answer. Maybe I should have tried studying magic a tad more... lightning could be useful. Way more then what I’m currently doing... not as simple though.
Farr couldn’t help but notice how the shanty district was opposite the establishment, and how they were being watched by the rats.
Wonder if they try to break in here often?
the door to gleams and goods was dirty, but obviously sturdy.. one could break it down with but it would be noisey, without a look at the lock there’s no saying if it would be easy... between Barrius and I one should be able to pick it...

A patrolling squad of guards gave Barrius a bit of a curious stare but kept on walking. The werth army all being guards in Time of peace really kept things in line. Why do they avoid the shanty?

Last edited:

These were the items that they exactly needed, were they not? What does she mean when one says warp, though. Such a technology was unfamiliar to him but since Farr believed they needed such a small stone for their journey, he might as well get two. However, he has heard the old crone mention how expensive it was earlier, and even if he was able to pay for both, that amount of money would be worth about many months of resources such as food and water! Expensive are these stone indeed. As of current, Udgirr only had little with what the village elders gifted him, just enough to journey for about many full moons, so he couldn't afford this luxury.

"Forgive me for taking your time, but we are not able to afford these stones. I appreciate you for helping us, however." Udgirr says, and wonders if he should return the box to its former place, but decides that would be too conspicuously malicious. He decided to clean whatever it was on the counter instead, and beckons Stephen to leave with him to tell of his two other friends about what happened. He exits the shop and finds both in conversation, as eyes peer through them from the sides of the streets. Was there ever a safe place in this civilized town?

"Sir Farr, Sir Barrius, excuse me for a moment, but we have managed to find the two Warp Stones we needed inside, but they're too expensive for me to buy just one." Udgirr said, and realized he still had some pelt covering up to his nose and removes it. "Also of note, the stench inside is horrible. The shopkeeper should still have those stones on the counter, as I have left her as such." Udgirr reports.

Following the scent of food and drink diligently, Azal continued into the Dunwel markets, only stopping when he was halted by a curious person. "Haha! Why yes of course!" The bird-man exclaimed without turning around, he rubbed his feathered hands together quickly, his gaze focused intensely, until small sparks of golden energy began to run along his feathers, at which point he slammed his hands together, creating a thunderous BOOM. The unmistakable sound of thunder, mimicked rather precisely. Turning around now, he laughed heartily and looked at the boy who questioned him. "Forgive me, sir. Just a little trick I've gotten quite good at as of late, you never know when you'll need it!" Looking about, it was clear that most of the commoners in the marketplace hadn't put it together it was Azal who created the noise, and instead were looking to the sky, confused.

"Azal Nara, good sir." He extended his hand, still brimming with electricity. Though the bird cocked his head and shook it a few times, causing the last of the energy to dissipate, hopefully. "It's true, i'm well versed in a few areas of the magical arts, but don't take me for a flimsy wizard! I can hold my own in a pinch!" He squawked, before twisting his head around, looking to the marketplace. "Unfortunately for now, I have little time to spare, i'm on a quest, you see!" Azal shouted and ruffled his feathers, before taking off into the marketplace. "But of course, you are welcome to join me!" He said while raising his feathered arm, indicating for the boy to accompany him. Oceo Frose Oceo Frose

These were the items that they exactly needed, were they not? What does she mean when one says warp, though. Such a technology was unfamiliar to him but since Farr believed they needed such a small stone for their journey, he might as well get two. However, he has heard the old crone mention how expensive it was earlier, and even if he was able to pay for both, that amount of money would be worth about many months of resources such as food and water! Expensive are these stone indeed. As of current, Udgirr only had little with what the village elders gifted him, just enough to journey for about many full moons, so he couldn't afford this luxury.

"Forgive me for taking your time, but we are not able to afford these stones. I appreciate you for helping us, however." Udgirr says, and wonders if he should return the box to its former place, but decides that would be too conspicuously malicious. He decided to clean whatever it was on the counter instead, and beckons Stephen to leave with him to tell of his two other friends about what happened. He exits the shop and finds both in conversation, as eyes peer through them from the sides of the streets. Was there ever a safe place in this civilized town?

"Sir Farr, Sir Barrius, excuse me for a moment, but we have managed to find the two Warp Stones we needed inside, but they're too expensive for me to buy just one." Udgirr said, and realized he still had some pelt covering up to his nose and removes it. "Also of note, the stench inside is horrible. The shopkeeper should still have those stones on the counter, as I have left her as such." Udgirr reports.
The old lady tried to get Udgirr to stop but ultimately was thankful the goblin didn’t just try to kill and rob her. The green one is certainly different to the stereotype of goblins... and humans to be honest.
——-
Farr was grateful Udgirr and Freeling returned. Upon hearing of the stones being on the counter it seemed like a perfect chance. Why wait to break in at night, get this done now...Throwing his hood on to obscure most of his face he looked to Barrius and Udgirr “one shopkeeper right? This could be easy...
all of us should go in. one of us will distract the woman, two of us try to be unseen and leave with a stone each. The other is to stand around being a second distraction...if she mentions the stones you claim no one came in but the two of you.”
Farr looked at the three different people he was with placing a lot of trust on hope alone.
“Does that sound doable?”

Computing Magus Computing Magus BackSet BackSet Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

Barrius Bangla
Gleams and Goods, Dunwell
Barrius nodded. That was indeed doable. He pulled his hood up over his head so as not to draw attention to himself.

"If that's okay with everyone else I'll help steal one of the crystals." He said. In truth he was kind of nervous that anyone else would drop them. Of he could steal both of them on his own he would but he couldn't. Stupid two handed crystal. Why wasn't he a spider person.

Albus Lux

Mentioned
Rurnur Rurnur / Azal
Albus smiled widely as the man used his magic, creating a sound that mimicked those of lightning bolts perfectly while having actual electricity coursing through his body. He stretched his hand out to meet the birdman's as he took his hood off, letting out his silverly white hair. With a reassuring nod of his head, Albus just took his hand back while starting to introduce himself as he walked in the birdman's direction. "I'm Albus Lux. A novice light mage, I don't think I'll be useful in your journey, but I'll do my best!" He said with a smile, not thinking about his family at the moment, he had enough training to travel after all, maybe after that, he could be an adventurer just like he always wanted.

Albus looked at the birdman and then crossed his arms, although still a smile on his face while he did so. "So, what is the adventure about? Recovery? Extermination? Maybe even a rescue?"

"Ah, that's the spirit, good fellow! That's all we need for a successful journey!" Azal announced proudly, walking alongside his newest companion. "Well, it just happens to be about bringing a rather dangerous individual to justice! By force, if necessary. Meaning.. this journey could very well be a dangerous one. Are you prepared for such a thing, my friend?" The bird gave a low chuckle before wrapping his feathered arm around Albus' shoulders. Azal made friends about as naturally as he breathed air, but while he was certainly courteous in his behavior, his mind possessed little room for understanding the consequences of pulling an inexperienced adventurer into a very dangerous situation.

Eventually, the two would find themselves in the shanty district, with Azal munching on various fruits he had acquired cheaply from the stalls. "By the way, you may want to keep an eye out for a tall, green gentleman." He said between bites, his mouth full of fruit. "Once we find him and the others, we can continue our journey!" Oceo Frose Oceo Frose

Albus Lux

Mentioned
Rurnur Rurnur / Azal

"A tall, green gentleman? Are you referring to his clothing or his skin... or fur/feathers..." He said the last part as he didn't want to sound racist at all. He wasn't really to have multiple options as where he came from, all people had skin and wings, which made them quite easy to distinguish from one another thanks to the color of their wings, but now he had even more diverse options and that made him slightly confused. Then he remembered how the bird gave a demonstration of his magic and how he should do it as well. With a smile he looked at the bird and then took a step to the back with a little smile. "Ok, as you gave a little demonstration of your abilities, let me do the same thing. I'll show you my own variant of light magic."

Albus closed one eye as with a move of his hand made appear two spheres of light, orbiting around his body as if they were a pair of moons to then move upwards and stay there, prepared for what he'll do next. A magic circle of a bright yellow color appeared right beneath his feet as he opened his eye and then lifted both of his arms with hands prepared for what comes next, smiling gently. It was the first time showing his signature spell to another mage that aren't his parents so it was a day to do it big. Many commoners just looked at him in awe, it was the first time for many to look at a magic dubbed to be "holy" and a representation of the God of the Sun and Light. "Brilliant Weaponry!" He said with a soft but firm voice, golden-outlined white particles started to appear around him to then draw lines that together made the drawing of two muskets that suddenly became real in a flash of light. Albus pulled the trigger and simultaneously shot the two light spheres. finally making them explode as fireworks.

The muskets disappeared after being used, literally shattering like glass and fading away in the same particles seen before. "I specialize in long range. Although, I can heal too! Just not as good as a true healer..."

jackson-bedford-beebe-frenchdragoonmusket.jpg

magic_circle_02__ancient_seal_of_king_david_by_void_immortal-d8psadr.png

Doable, another word he has to add in his vocabulary. Anyway, it seems as far as Udgirr was experienced in deception, which was in other words non-existant, he very much couldn't do the other task better, so he might as well stop the shopkeeper from noticing his allies instead.

"I shall perform first distraction. However, Stephen should stay here. The shopkeeper... I felt her guard raised as I was about to leave. She's quite suspecting of us, and it should heighten her confidence if only I enter, to say I actually forgot to buy just any material while I was there. I might actually buy something to make her even less suspicious and much more distracted... very well, here's hoping this will work. Please, follow suit my thieving brethren." Udgirr ends, and enters inside the shop.

"Greetings once more, kindly shopkeeper, but I thought I should at least buy something useful while I was here so my trip was not wasted." Udgirr says and waves to the wizened crone, scratching the back of their head in typically what one apparently does in apology. "I admit, I'm not very knowledgeable in any of these ingredients at all. Can you suggest me what to buy? Something to help with magical essence for personally I can perform such, or if not, just something that can make me healthy, really. I really appreciate your stock." Udgirr says all in stride as he again holds up a light brush of fur to his face, he himself quite into his own questions and inquiries that he would not notice if his allies might have entered or not.

Farr couldn’t help but feel Udgirr would make a fine companion in coming tasks, his affinity for the wind, his monster appearance but observant and wise demeanour. Young mr Hebit could picture Udgirr being a valued member of a team or partnership. Doubt he wants to join the guild though.

as Udgirr entered the building Farr quickly stepped to the door grabbing the handle to keep from slamming the door. Motioning to Barrius the two enter with Farr giving a slight pull on the door to simulate the wind.
Keeping crouched and in the entrance as Udgirr asked about potions and ingredients...

The lady shuffled from behind the counter to meet Udgirr in the shop.
“Ah, Yes. I can help you...” pointing a shaking finger toward bottles on the Far wall. “These, will enhance the magical energy inside you. Made from crushed warp stone, redcap mushroom skin, watermoss, rigeess roots, and a drop of rum for taste. You only need a sip to feel the warmth of power in your soul”

She grabbed a small vial that was accessible to her height and took the cork out to offer Udgirr a sniff.
“You can smell the strong, almost sour tone yes? It’s how you know it’s good.” Her voice seemed to pick up as she explained the ingredients and such.

Farr peeped from the side of the entrance to make sure Udgirr was correct. Only seems to be one other person here... that smell is fucked though... can see one stone on the counter, will have to get closer.

Computing Magus Computing Magus BackSet BackSet

Barrius Bangla
Gleams and Goods, Dunwell
That smell was absolutely horrid. Barrius was glad he didn't have to stay in here longer than necessary. He pulled his wings in towards himself in order to make himself as small as possible. Reduce risk of knocking stuff over. He looked at Farr. "Should we go?"

NeonFlow NeonFlow

Udgirr took a good whiff of the mixture the old crone held up, and was surprised to learn how similar it is to a fruit back home, albeit, just as the shop keeper said, tastes much more sour. No, nothing like a citrus although that was what he thought at first. Only the redcap mushroom and the warp stone were the only things he was not familiar with, so this was an example of a civilized potion if he ever saw one.

"Just a quick sip, correct? Thank you for suggesting this, it is quite an interesting concoction. I believe I can spare to buy one bottle." Udgirr says, and hands out the shopkeeper a handful of many dozens of coins, silver and gold, but nothing to show for any of the more expensive formulas, just what he assumes the cost of a small item just as his seniors have explained when it came to currency. As of the moment, the hobgoblin fails to recall the others and of their plan of actually stealing something from this very store.

"That would be his skin! A hobgoblin, to be precise. Should be accompanied by another human." Azal said as he carried on looking through the market stalls, so far unable to spot any of his new companions. He may have to make a return to the bar and wait for them there, regrettably. Well, at least he had this interesting new comrade to pass the time with. "Hahah! Brilliant indeed!" The bird squawked, clapping excitedly at Albus' display of magic. "Healing, you say? Well, that will surely be a boon to our party! It's not often I see humans in possession of such magical prowess!" Oceo Frose Oceo Frose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back