• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Stolen right from underneath your nose. (One on one)

The light thud of hooves came to sweep over the horizon as dusk came to settle on the sky, a returning group of soldiers and their general came riding over the hill, the dry sand and mud on the road seemed to create a slight clip clop of their horses hooves. Many soldiers had spare horses tied to their saddle, horses that were returning without their riders. At the front of the heap was a young man, sitting tall in his saddle, short brown hair with a small amount of scruff on his face. His skin was lightly tanned from the sun. Icy blue eyes scanned the road ahead as they continued their march home. The kings men had been victorious this time but still losing many lives. The young man at the front had on his battle armour, his sword however was at his side, his eyes and jaw line the only visible part of his face due to the helmet. The large black stallion beneath him arched his neck as a small village was seen in the distance.

Raising a fist the group came to a halt, The young man turned in the saddle to face them, this young man being the general " we will pass through the village and make camp on the other side. We should reach the city of Athens by tomorrow" The men cheered and began to celebrate but they General quickly snapped them together, they were not home just yet. The young General went by the name of Felix. The terrain around them had been battled and bruised from previous war fleets, the hooves and feet of many seemed to be taking a toll on the poor earths surface. The white mare tied to Felix's saddle was not exactly impressed as they stopped, the mare pinned her ears and pulled on the reins tied to Varok, the black stallion. Felix reached back a hand to stroke her nose "Easy girl you will get a break soon" the mare snorted in defeat as they began walking once more. Sadly the mare was all Felix had left of his dear friend Thyrese. The two had practiced together and often went out for a drink or even the good company of women together after their long days at the kingdom training. Such a shame he had been taken. Lost in his thoughts Felix was able to come through just as he and the others reached the enterance to the village.​

The morning brought a chill about it and it was a bitter one, I found as I moved from my bed made of raw straw materials, and a thin cotton sheet that had a tear through it. Yet, I was grateful for what I had for I was a slave meaning I had no right. Dressing quickly in my work attire, I moved from the house going to fetch water from the well upon the villages' entrance. I used a thick piece of cloth as a shall, as I walked towards the well, before fetching water with the bucket in use. Once I got the water I filled the bucket, and sighed, humming an old folk song about the Gods, and Goddess whom lived upon Mount Olympus. Holding my bucket handle in hand I turned to head back to the house to start cleaning upon seeing the soldiers, I dropped my bucket in shock, it wasn't expected that we'd be seeing any soldiers soon yet here they were. Looking down, I began to clean up my bucket dusting the mud from the wood, coursing a few splitters. My long hair of chestnut, shone a beautiful cooper colour hid my innocent face from view and sun, as my deep gem blue eyes watched a nearing soldier quickly.

Standing slowly I moved towards the house after fetching another bucket of water. As I moved a gentle gust of wind kissed me, and revealed my pale yet simple face. I was noted for beauty in this village, often for being the most beautiful though things like that weren't said out loud in front of everyone, merely they were passed off as rumours about my looks. Upon returning I set into cooking the morning meal for the Master of the House and his family having in on the table by the time they were up, then I began scrubbing the floors with a brush quickly, getting the dirt and mud stains from the floor, from the last time the Master took his sons hunting. Noon was hanging clothing from wash to dry then going into the small market for supplies for a massive dinner party that was announced that night for the nobility whom were close to my Master's family. Rumours of an engagement rattling the walls all over the place.

Walking through the markets seemed nice, though I found a white mare that seemed to be in distress by the stalls, and moved over to her stroking her lovely coat, that was of the colour of fresh milk. "Hush now, you're safe, I'm sure your owner takes well care of you." I whispered softly looking to her with a pair of loving eyes. "I merely wished I could run like you, for you are a horse, and can run faster than I could ever. Slaves a bound for life, mentally." I whispered to the horse before giving her an apple I brought with a few pieces I had found on the ground. Before looking to a man whom seemed to be coming back over to the house, merely noticing the details of him being someone I had saw before, as I moved away out of fear he'd know my master and tell him. Holding the skirt of my tattered dress I moved on, looking back at the horse, which seemed to call to me, yet I kept running back to the house.

The ride had been rough and the village was happy to take in the returning soldiers. Felix had been inside with the rest of his men when he could hear distress coming from the stalls just across the street. Assuring his men he would return he stood to step out onto the street once more. From a distance Felix could see a young woman handing the stubborn, white mare an apple, perhaps to attempt to sooth the creature? However Felix had no time to stop and think it over, the white mare was causing more problems for the horses down the line. The other began snorting and pinning their ears, kicking at the stall wall. Felix approached the mare but the woman was already running off.. From what he had seen she was the most gorgeous woman he had ever laid eyes on. Watching her depart before the call from the mare snapped him back to reality, placing a hand kn her neck he cooed to her softly "Easy, I am here, no threat" Felix tried to sooth the mare and within time she did calm and go back to eating the hay hung by her nose in a net.

Upon entering the building once more his men were all sitting alert to find out what had caused the disturbance. Raising a hand, felix took a deep breath "At ease, no threat" as Felix took his seat, he leaned over to whisper to one of his trusted soldiers, Cavous "There is something I want.. I am coming back to town after everyone is in slumber.. Do not let anyone depart from the group"​

Throughout the evening I cooked and served, poured wine, took plates away. Darkness kissed the sky as I sat by the well washing the feast platers and fine plates clean with a cloth, my hands blistered with slight burns from cooking with poor quality equipment. I flinched hearing movements in the night looking around gently moving forward seeing a stray cat come from the scrubs, as I watched it come over to my side and paw at my tattered clothes with hunger. Gently I stood heading into the house quickly getting it some milk and left over meat before sitting down once more cleaning the dishes and plates.

My long hair rolled down my back as I worked away cleaning the many hundred plates in an exhausted manner, not hearing the clopping of a set of horse shoes in the distance. I heard the music from the entertainers at the feast, slowly picking up a tune to hum to in a pleasant ideal manner. Wiping the wooden bowls, I got the stains and food mess from the material bowl, before looking up at the moon wishing my chance of freedom would come someday, somehow. I wished for love, and a live. Possibly a family only though if it meant that I was not going to have children that were to become slaves. I felt myself caught in such complex things, upon someone wrapping their arms around me, and I snapped to attention, struggling within the hold.

Waiting for the cover of night was certainly something that was different for Felix, a general who was kept waiting? That didnt even sound proper. He and his men had turned in once it began to turn dark, he headed to his room to assure he would not be followed. Bringing up the rear of his troops after all were tucked away he entered his room for a quick moment and began to wonder to himself 'Do I bring her here? Or make a camp outside of town?' turning to glance at his door he decided a camp out would be more secure of both him and his maiden of choice, he began packing his very few things. Stepping back out of his room he moved to Cavous' and stepped inside. Luckily the slightly older soldier was already lying on his cot of straw and thin material, something that the troops were not used to back home. Cavous looked over at his general with a qurstioning glance. Felix raised a hand an spoke quietly "I am going to make a camp just outside of the village. You will bring the rest of the soldiers to me" Cavous knew not to ask so he simply nodded and rolled over, not wanting to know much more of Felix's devious plan.

Making his way outside he moved around to the stalls and patted his stallion on the neck, the large beast flared his nostrils and pawed at the earth. Once Varok was saddled he moved to the mare saddling her aswell and making sure she was in a better mood than the day before, he didnt want to cause a scene if she started acting like a mule. The mare nickered an perked her ears toward him, knowing what the saddle meant, time to move. Once both animals were strapped and ready to go, Felix backed Varok from a stall and turned him to face the road, dropping the reins to lay on the dirt road, the stallion had been trained to stand when the reins were on the ground. Felix brought the mare from her stall and moved next to Varok, once again Tying her to his saddle only this time she didnt seem to fuss. With a relieved sigh he quickly threw the reins over Varok's head and climbed into the saddle, starting toward the home he had seen her retreat to earlier in the day.

It hadn't taken him long to reach the destination, however he could see someone by the well, a woman of a slender build with long free flowing locks. Dismounting his horse he squinted to get a better look as he crept forward toward her. Once close enough he was able to make out thw same facial features of the woman he saw earlier in the day. Finally once behind the woman was his chance, his arms of steel wrapped around her upper torso, lifting her to her feet with a slight struggle, he used a hand to cover her mouth and he whispered to her quickly "You are the fairest woman I have ever seen.. I am taking you to Athens" with that he moved away from the well, the stray cat had gotten slightly alarmed an hid behind the back side of the well. Ushering her to the horses he not-so gracefully placed her on the mare who snorted with excitement, she hadnt had a rider since her partners death in combat. Using a rope he found in one of the stalls he tied her hands and placed them on the saddle and slipped the mares mane into her hands, assuring she would have a bit more balance and then placed her feet into the stirups. Reaching to his saddle, pulling a small yet clean piece of cloth an stuck it into her mouth "Im sorry my lady its only for now" with that he turned and frowned for a moment as the cat had now came from hiding and seemed to rub against his leg, with a heavy sigh he picked up the feline and placed it onto the front of his saddle, varok snorted in protest but was quick to quiet himself as Felix slipped back into the saddle and made a quick get away toward the opposite end of town.

Upon leaving the town, Felix then cut off into the trees, they were quite dense but a small clearing came after only a few feet of entering the forest and Felix tied Varok to a sturdy tree trunk before making up a bed for the young lady. It wasnt glamorous but it was made from sticks on the forest floor, layered by leaves and then a blanket on top to keep the leaves from itching and then one more blanket to cover herself. Pulling her from the mare he carried her to the bed and placed her down on it, pulling the cloth from her teeth "Do not scream or hollar for help .. I will put this back if you attempt anything" with that he moved to grab the mares saddle to use as a pillow. Now he grasped a few fair size stones and created a circle, gathering a few sticks he then proceeded to spark up a fire that danced off his armour and the lovely lady's face. Removing his helmet, Felix sat it down next to him as he leaned back against a tree "You may rest.. I will stay awake and keep watch.." Felix would tell her his name but that would be once behind the safe gates of Athens.​

I kicked slightly with the struggle feeling tears pull into my eyes, as I was roughly put onto a saddle, struggling with the ropes that kept me there. As I went to open mouth to speak, a piece of cloth was pressed into my mouth, making my lean forward wanting to be sick, as it had been pushed too far. Kicking my legs slightly trying to get him to leave me be I struggled, though my feet found their way to the stirups. Coughing slightly, I leant forward, my fingers tangling in the mare's main. I watched the soldier with my bright blue eyes trying to move off the horse of get help somehow. Shivering I felt fright and fear fill me, as he got onto his saddle, with the cat that had come out from hiding.

Upon coming across the forest, I had little knowledge of what laid in store of me, a lowly slave girl. Was I to be thrown aside after he had his way with me? To be murdered in the forest where the Gods near would let my soul rest. I watch the soldier, whom looked like he was a General from his attire, moving from his horse, though not over to me right away, which made me sigh in a relaxation for a moment. The cloth dried my throat only coursing me discomfort, as my mouth also went dry because of the type of cloth it was. My tattered cloths got hit by a chill which made me shiver upon the mare, closing my eyes as it felt like the wind was ice on my flesh, my body was under its weight that it was meant to be meaning I was cold, freezing cold more than anybody else. My long hair curled slightly, as I watched him make a bed, I wasn't sure who for was it for the both of us, was he to do something unholy?

My mind wanders in and out about the possibilities, making me flinch in fright, upon feeling his hands on me again lifting me down from the horse, as I would struggle digging my nails into his shoulders, beginning to kick in his arms. When I was placed down on the bed I looked to him, feeling him remove the cloth, before giving me, as warning as I coughed heavily feeling air return through my mouth, resting down against the bed looking to him. "What do you want with a slave like me?" I asked him looking to him wanting answers, as I quickly sat up trying not to make myself seem weak as I had bitter bruises all over my shoulders, and arms, from a beating earlier, for I missed something at market. I knew the soldiers face though looking to him, he was the man whom came out after the horse in market after she began to to get unsettled. "What am I to you? Someone to please?" I asked him in a fright tone hearing all kinds of rumours about soldiers and what they did to young women.

Felix was not surprised when she in return began to ask questions and pressure him into talking, truthfully he did not mind answering her simple questions glancing to the horses for a moment he noticed the feline jump down from the saddle only to waddle over toward the young girl, the cats slender body was not more visible in the fires light. The cat had short, dark gray fur with a white face and two white paws, both in the back. The feline came to perch itself next to the woman, curling into a ball it then lay against her. Felix then averted his eyes to her, she was even more beautiful with the fire dancing off her skin. The general was snapped back to reality at the mention of slave.. A slave? A woman of this much beauty a slave? Who in their right mind would place this woman in slavery?! Shocked and slightly irritated Felix raised an eyebrow "You? A woman of slavery? That should not be so, you are very beautiful miss" with that he cut himself short, allowing her a reply before he would continue to answer her questions. The next was what he was going to do with her and Felix couldn't help but glance over at the steed's once more before giving her the reply she asked for "I am to take you to Athens.. Where you will be treated properly.. And where I will be around to keep you from harm" Felix knew she would fight against him and claim that she didnt need his assistance but that was not going to seay his mind... He would find a way to love her and he would hope she would find a way to love him, for it would be an awfully dull life is she could not find love in him. Felix then glanced to the cat once more who was content at her side "Do you have a name miss? Ill speak mine If you reveal yours"

Felix was not one for patience and normally lost his cool when kept waiting but this was different, Felix felt as though he could wait for the grass to grow as long as it were for her. Felix had a soft spot for women, he never agreed with beating them and thats when he had just so happened to notice the bruising on her arm and he instantly felt a slight wave of shame hit him " I apologize sincerely if those Bruises were caused by myself" with that he stood to move to his horse, grasping a piece of bread from the saddle bag, breaking it in half he tossed one of the halves into her lap " Hungry?"​

I looked to the cat and smiled petting it's head watching it purr out of happiness, I felt a soft smile pull on my cheeks. As I felt it curl against my side purring, laying down in a proud manner. I listened to the crackle of the wood by the fire looking into the source of heat, before looking to Felix noticing he was looking to me and I blushed looking away. Yet, it seemed to bring him for a day dream or such. I turned to him with a interested manner, before hearing him speak in confusion about me being a slave, and I offered him a sad smile. "I'm the daughter of a slave and her master, I have been a slave since birth, my father's property whom sold me to my current master..." I whispered softly looking into my hands, before sighing softly. "Looks have nothing to do with being a slave my master used my looks to seduce men, he wanted me to kill." I told him softly looking to him feeling the cool breeze kiss my cheeks.

"I was born in Athens... I was with my mother until I was six years of age, she named me Skylla, though to masters names have never mattered." I whispered softly looking to him with a gentle expression. "Why do you think I deserve better treatment then what I have had, I angered my master today, forgetting something at the markets, and he gave me these marks on my arms, it had nothing to do with you." I whispered feeling my nervousness boil up into my eyes. "What will I be to you, because you're confusing me." I whispered softly looking at my hands, feeling the blisters, and I swallowed slightly in pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back