• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Seeking a Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai RP (Canon+OC or Canon+Canon, romantic or platonic)

jellopy

1 ea.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I'm looking for someone familiar (or willing to become familiar!) with the series Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai (Dai no Daibouken) who would be interested in playing Avan with an OC I'd create for this RP. I've read the entire manga series and have watched all available episodes of the 2020 anime version but would be willing to write with those who are anime only (1991 or 2020 versions both welcome!) Since this is a specific request for a lesser-known fandom I'm willing to be pretty flexible as to details of the plot, the OC I'd play, and so on. Let's create something fun together!

Since I'd be playing an OC I'm more than willing to also play NPCs (side characters, villains, etc) on the side as needed and would encourage my partner to do the same to flesh out the story and setting. I think there's a lot of potential to expand on the lore here and would love to do that with a partner.

I would also be willing to do other scenarios centering around canon characters with no OCs present or having a major role, and in those cases would love to play Avan myself.

Here are my basic guidelines:

• I'm most comfortable writing 1x1s with folks over 21 due to my own age and experience. If you're over 18 but under 21 I may still be interested. I won't write with anyone under 18, though. Sorry!
  • You must be OK with LGBT+ themes even if we do an M/F pairing. I refuse to write with partners who aren't comfy with LGBT+ themes, characters, or headcanons.
  • Please try to write at least one paragraph per post. My replies tend to be between two and six paragraphs (per character, when doubling) but I don't ask for a partner to mirror or match me, just someone writing with some detail. I don't impose a strict limit because different portions of scenes call for either shorter or longer posts.
  • I write in third person perspective and would like my partners to as well. Past or present tense is fine.
  • My post frequency may be inconsistent. For various reasons I can't promise any specific posting schedule. That being said you can probably expect at least one post a week from me at minimum, with my maximum being multiple posts per day if I'm really feeling it and have the time and ability. It can and will vary, though.
  • AUs, canon divergences and crossovers welcome and encouraged. Some canon divergence may be necessary depending on what we decide to write. I'd also be down for involving characters, places, and other concepts (spells, items, etc) from other Dragon Quest entries into the story to help flesh out worldbuilding.
  • Doubling is a possibility but not required. I'd be potentially willing to double from other fandoms as well, either with a crossover or two separate RPs. We can discuss what fandoms I know in PMs if this is an option you'd like. If you're interested in DQ-based doubling, I'm still digging into the games but I think I can play most characters from Dragon Quest XI.
  • I would prefer something that becomes romantic but a platonic partnership is wonderful too. Even if the RP is platonic, the OC I create will be an adult since I want to explore the dynamic Avan would have with someone closer to his age.

If you have any questions or are interested please PM me or respond here. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Bumping again!! If anyone is curious about this series I do recommend checking it out. The anime version is on Crunchyroll. It's a lot of fun if you like fantasy and shounen anime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back