• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

STILL NEED PLAYERS (11/12) Apocalyptic RP (Zombie) using GURPS (newbie GM, experienced RP-er)

KyrieYamada

Kyrie Yamada
UPDATE: The game has begun. Still accepting players. Please touch base with me for information regarding the time frame in the campaign. Using GURPS 4th Edition.

Hello everyone,

I feel that the title says it all. I have been planning out an apocalyptic RP that will run into post apocalyptic/society rebuilding. I am hoping to start it up in the next few weeks. I am looking to have a group of 5+ and for everyone to create 2-3 people to play. I want everyone to have back-up characters because their main one will probably die. I will not request that someone plays more than one character at a time, unless they want to (know that if you do, they both could be killed off). Players need to be okay with losing characters. I encourage you to play a variety of characters. The group will need muscle, they will also need someone who could create primitive technology, someone in the medical profession. Not every character has to be 100% on board with the group. Bickering among one another, food stealing and such would make for an interesting group dynamic!

• Companion animals are a go, with no cost to the character (like dogs, cat, horse; I am pretty flexible, but if it is like a snake, turtle, something that actually requires a heat source or it will parish- that's a no). Know that you can lose your companion animal/they can die. I will want stats rolled for them. If your dog has a low intelligence score and low will power, then expect him to run off a lot after squirrels and bark at the worst times. Also, if you are very hungry and your dog is too, your dog may eat your food.
  • To make the game a little more interesting, there is a possibility that players can be magic users, psychics, or someone with super human strength/powers like Superman. This will be is determined by a dice roll before character creation. There will be some reasonable limits set in place. There will be no necromancy because, well, we have enough zombies-thank you.
  • As far as wealth, that will really come into play when society is being rebuilt (that is assuming you all make it to that point). If you want your character to be a well payed executive with a fancy house, car etc. that starting wealth is just back story. Money, in an apocalypse, has no value. We will discuss this further, if you are interested.
  • The game will start in Central New York. I will provide screen shots of the area from Google maps.
  • As stated in the title, we will be using the GURPS: 4th Edition system. If you do not have the system they have "GURPS" Lite available for free download.

Let me know if you have interest. If you have questions feel free to reach out to me. If you are an experienced GM and want to make any suggestions or just chit chat, you can message me.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I feel that the title says it all. I have been planning out an apocalyptic RP that will run into post apocalyptic/society rebuilding. I am hoping to start it up in the next few weeks. I am looking to have a group of 5+ and for everyone to create 2-3 people to play. I want everyone to have back-up characters because their main one will probably die. I will not request that someone plays more than one character at a time, unless they want to (know that if you do, they both could be killed off). Players need to be okay with losing characters. I encourage you to play a variety of characters. The group will need muscle, they will also need someone who could create primitive technology, someone in the medical profession. Not every character has to be 100% on board with the group. Bickering among one another, food stealing and such would make for an interesting group dynamic!

• Companion animals are a go, with no cost to the character (like dogs, cat, horse; I am pretty flexible, but if it is like a snake, turtle, something that actually requires a heat source or it will parish- that's a no). Know that you can lose your companion animal/they can die. I will want stats rolled for them. If your dog has a low intelligence score and low will power, then expect him to run off a lot after squirrels and bark at the worst times. Also, if you are very hungry and your dog is too, your dog may eat your food.
  • To make the game a little more interesting, there is a possibility that players can be magic users, psychics, or someone with super human strength/powers like Superman. This will be is determined by a dice roll before character creation. There will be some reasonable limits set in place. There will be no necromancy because, well, we have enough zombies-thank you.
  • As far as wealth, that will really come into play when society is being rebuilt (that is assuming you all make it to that point). If you want your character to be a well payed executive with a fancy house, car etc. that starting wealth is just back story. Money, in an apocalypse, has no value. We will discuss this further, if you are interested.
  • The game will start in Central New York. I will provide screen shots of the area from Google maps.
  • As stated in the title, we will be using the GURPS: 4th Edition system. If you do not have the system they have "GURPS" Lite available for free download.

Let me know if you have interest. If you have questions feel free to reach out to me. If you are an experienced GM and want to make any suggestions or just chit chat, you can message me.

I'm interested deeply. Though im not knowledgeable in GURPS. Can someone explain it to me?

I'm interested deeply. Though im not knowledgeable in GURPS. Can someone explain it to me?
GURPS is "Generic Universal Roleplay System". It is a tabletop rp that uses 3-6d dice. There is a free download of the system called GURPS Lite available online. Would you like the link?

I would love to join this if you're still looking! Though, be warned, I am not experienced in group roleplays // dice roleplays. Will that be an issue? I'm just interested in your plot line!

I would love to join this if you're still looking! Though, be warned, I am not experienced in group roleplays // dice roleplays. Will that be an issue? I'm just interested in your plot line!

Hello xxFoxFaderxx! I am still looking for players and working out some kinks. That will not be an issue. If you would like, I can run through some examples with you in a personal message so you feel confident and comfortable when it is game time!

Absolutely! I am hoping to get a few more players, so there is no rush. I will get back to you when my goal number of people is reached and a start date.

Absolutely! I am hoping to get a few more players, so there is no rush. I will get back to you when my goal number of people is reached and a start date.

Interested! Never played GURPS, but I gotta say, this sounds promising, so count me in. How will we communicate and roll dice? Gotta recommend discord, but all options are open.

Interested! Never played GURPS, but I gotta say, this sounds promising, so count me in. How will we communicate and roll dice? Gotta recommend discord, but all options are open.

Welcome!
Thank you for your recommendation. I was pretty dead set on Rpol.net, then I found roll20. I am still deciding on the platform to use and will take that into consideration.

Welcome!
Thank you for your recommendation. I was pretty dead set on Rpol.net, then I found roll20. I am still deciding on the platform to use and will take that into consideration.

I'm not too picky, but preferably nothing with voice or video chat. My internet is too slow to handle it on mobile and I only have so much data. (:

I'm not too picky, but preferably nothing with voice or video chat. My internet is too slow to handle it on mobile and I only have so much data. (:
Tori_98, I do not want to use voice chat either, it will all be text based. For my clarity though, is it that a too high tech sight would eat up your data (like one that has the option to voice chat and instant chat would be too much? Or just utilizing that voice option would be too much?)

Tori_98, I do not want to use voice chat either, it will all be text based. For my clarity though, is it that a too high tech sight would eat up your data (like one that has the option to voice chat and instant chat would be too much? Or just utilizing that voice option would be too much?)

I can use wifi on a high tech site, or even my laptop. Instant chat will be fine. It's just if I have to stream something like live feed (live audio or video) that my wifi wouldn't be able to handle it and I'd have to switch to data. It's fine if the site has the capability for voice chat, just so long as I don't have it turned on.

This message is for everyone. We will start the game November 8th, which is a Wednesday. That means you will have a week and a half to make your characters. We will be playing on www.myth-weavers.com .

Each of you will have your own "discrete" forums created after you make an account on there and you give me your name. These forums will be private, between you and me. These forums will be used for dice rolls and any role plays that would happen away from the group: An aside with an NPC, taken captive by someone, trapped in a building and trying to survive until the horde passes etc.

On that website, you will see a tab called "sheets" which has the GURPS character sheet. Please use this sheet. I will have access to it and you will be able to use it while rolling. There is a helpful wiki page for rolls. We will be using 6 sided dice, otherwise known as d6's.

If you are using GURPS Lite and are not finding enough Advantages, Disadvantages or Skills please let me know and we can work something out.

Further questions or concerns, message me on here or on there!

Until next time,
Kyrie

What are the rules for creating characters? I mean, like with points and what we're allowed to buy.
That information is all on the forum on that website. Before you do character creation, if you want to have the opportunity to be an enhanced human (using magic, psychic etc.), I want you to do 2 discrete rolls with me. So everyone knows, there will be a 20+%chance you could be enhanced.

That information is all on the forum on that website. Before you do character creation, if you want to have the opportunity to be an enhanced human (using magic, psychic etc.), I want you to do 2 discrete rolls with me. So everyone knows, there will be a 20+%chance you could be enhanced.
Where in the Forum I get the information? I found the character sheet, but not the rules and info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back